Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Maderas de Oriente Maderas de Oriente for women

Maderas de Oriente Maderas de Oriente for women

I have it: 9 I want it: 8

Maderas de Oriente by Maderas de Oriente is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are bergamot, orange blossom and coriander; middle notes are bulgarian rose, carnation, iris, jasmine and pink pepper; base notes are tonka bean, ylang-ylang, musk and vanilla.

Bergamot Orange Blossom Coriander

Bulgarian Rose Carnation iris Jasmine Pink Pepper

Tonka Bean Ylang-Ylang Musk Vanilla

L'Orgie (Orgia)
Natural de Myrurgia

Maderas de Oriente Fragrance Reviews

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

I loved Agua de Colonia Maderas de Oriente when I was a teenager in the late 80´s and early 90´s. It was an inusual fragance for a young girl, so powdery and spicy yet fresh and not overwhelming at all, with great longevity and light sillage wearable even in our terrible Andalusian summers around 45-50ºC. First, there is the powdery citrus and the orange blossoms, then there it comes the spicy carnation and in the end you can smell the creamy vanilla that reminds you of "arroz con leche" dessert.

It was perfect for everyday use, unobtrusive and light and I used to bathe in it. It smells clean, soapy but very dinstinctive and made me feel like a diva from the 20´s. On nights out I prefered Maja, Loulou or Anais Anais.

For those who don´t know, this is still in production in Spain and remains a timeless classic. It can be found at El Corte Inglés for 9-10€, and in Primor, Aromas and Bodybell for less than 6€. I bought one 100 ml bottle yesterday at Primor for 5,95€. The bottle is simpler than I remembered, not so art-decó but the smell remains exactly the same and there is still that lovely and distinctive little piece of sandalwood inside it.

Somehow reminds me of the "second day" smell of Maroussia, the smell you get in your hair the morning after you sprayed Maroussia on your nape, faded and lighter than the full Maroussia powerbomb.

It remains an inusual fragance because even if its a classic, it´s not widely popular nowadays so people keep asking me what I´m wearing.

The Agua de Colonia Maderas de Oriente has the same aroma as the Maderas de Oriente cosmetics, wich are really inexpensive and great in quality, specially the powders, blushes and eye pencils.

EDIT: It is said that this has been reformulated and it´s not the same as the 1918 original. I don´t know. But this smells the same since the 80´s and I´ve never smelled an older sample, so if it´s been reformulated, it happened a long time ago, I´m sure.

This is a timeles fragrance. Really elegant and delecate. Soapy, powdery but sweet at the same time. The fragrance envolves you without bein overwelming. you have to leave the alcohol of the composition evaporate the first seconds to enjoy it.
Somehow reminds me my childhood or maybe a past life. I found it in Spain in "el corte inglés" departments store, but they also sell it online in ebay. If you are curious and you are a classics lover I definetly recomend you to give this vintage beauty a chance.
This fragrance is perfect to perfume your clothes and your wardrobe. Blends very well with many other scents you might wear on your skin(giving them a powdery dimension) once it is sprayed on textil.

My mother loved this perfume as it was one of my grandmother's favourites. Recently, I've been wearing Kenzo Amour Florale and my mother says it reminds her a lot of Maderas de Oriente. If you loved Maderas de Oriente, but cannot find it anymore, maybe you'll enjoy Kenzo Amour Florale. I've never tried Maderas de Oriente myself, I'm basing this review on my mother's opinion.

A mi mamá le encantaba este perfume porque mi abuela lo usaba. En América Latina ya no se consigue. Recientemente he estado poniéndome Kenzo Amour Florale y mi mamá dice que le recuerda mucho a Maderas de Oriente, tanto que le regalé una botella de aquel. No es un substituto exacto, pero quienes aman Maderas de Oriente y ya no lo encuentran quizás disfruten de Kenzo Amour Florale. Yo nunca he olido Maderas de Oriente, estoy basándome en la opinión de mi madre.

Indeed, a great Fragrantica adding, like Zeljo mentioned!
It smells great but if you have the opportunity to go to Madera de Oriente Colonia Extracto, do it!!

an evergreen in Spain, in the same style than nationals like maja or joya and internationals like tabu, a great adding to fraganticas database

Maderas de Oriente by Maderas de Oriente 4.60 out of 5 based on 8 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maderas de Oriente Maderas de Oriente fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maderas de Oriente Maderas de Oriente, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maderas de Oriente by Maderas de Oriente. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maderas de Oriente by Maderas de Oriente represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.