Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked Madonna for women
dislike

cacao
Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked Madonna for women Pictures

Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked is a new version of the Madonna's debut in the world of perfumes – the fragrance Truth or Dare launched in early 2012. Truth or Dare Naked is out in the fall of 2012, more sensual and daring than its predecessor.

The creation of this floral – woody fragrance is credited to perfumer Stephen Nilsen, who also created the original edition. The scent is described as a bold combination of creamy woods, vanilla and sparkling flowers.

The top notes are honeysuckle, peach blossom and neroli. The perfume’s core includes vanilla orchid, cocoa flower and lily of the valley. The base is creamy with Texas cedar wood, benzoin from Laos, oud accord and Australian sandalwood.

Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Honeysuckle Peach Blossom Neroli

Vanilla orchid Cacao Lily-of-the-Valley

Texas Cedar Benzoin Australian Sandalwood Agarwood (Oud)

Controversial
B Exquisite for Women
Dehn Oud Al Khulood. White Oudh

Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked Fragrance Reviews

perrfumefreak

@AjaBlue, try Madonna's original Truth or Dare , its amazing. Then contrast Truth or Dare Naked, then blend the two. These are gorgeous scents on their own but create something wonderful when you combine them!

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I've just sprayed this perfume for the first time about fifteen minutes ago. This is not an entirely negative review. After about 20 minutes of wearing the "symphony" of what I have smelled goes as follows:
First spray: very mellow, not what I expected "soft" celebrity fragrance type smell - fruity/floral/light spice
A few minutes later: Interesting Amber arrives on the scene. Smells familiar. Can't place it, though...Something "1980's" smelling comes through, which is a huge plus for me, but it does not hang around long.
Then...the "Ben-Gay" Icy-hot, menthol-mint background. I rather like that. Smells a hint of Lush's "Breath of God" which I adore. (Such an original fragrance, check that out!)
Lastly, and sadly at the end of this symphony...I get "Twilight Woods" from Bath and Body Works. So, in my final analysis...I think Truth or Dare is a more complex version of Twilight Woods. If you liked that one (which I did for a brief point in time), you will enjoy this fragrance. But seriously, based on all of the reviews I read, I was expecting a whole lot more. I will wear it, though because it is still pretty good. I'm also enjoying the amber notes that come through.

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

Smells like black honey, very warm and somehow summery for me. I imagine it is also very beautiful in winter. Sweet touch with floral dominant makes it so feminine and alluring. I guess it may be very heavy once applied generously. I just give it 1 spray.

JetsBabe
JetsBabe

I smell amber somehow!
And lasting power is good.

auroramaria

To be a celebrity scent this is really well done, intoxicatin,sweet,warm and boozy this should be listed as an Oriental.It smells so good I can't get enough of it, sillage and longevity both above average and the price is a steal!
Oh and the bottle looks great and I love the Golden colour of the juice

perrfumefreak

I can't put into words how much I love this. Its truly beautiful to my nose. I'm in a panic because I'm almost out and all the big online retailers are sold out. I'm just hoping they get new stuff in before I totally run out. I don't completely trust eBay so id rather not but there but I may have to!.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

From reading other reviews, it seems like people don't quite know what to make of this scent. Appears to be one of those love it or loathe it scents. I personally adore it. I received it in a swap and I was prepared for the worst but my goodness I was in love at first whiff. That icy-hot note people mention I believe comes from those who are adverse to sandalwood. I adore it myself. I think every note of this scent blends into this mystical magical potion that screams I AM WOMAN... HEAR ME ROAR

LizzieDee

A few more thoughts: my review below covers how I reacted to the first hour or so of Truth or Dare Naked. While I enjoyed it, some of the adjectives used to describe it made no sense to me: sultry? No way! Spicy? Not really. Warm? I'd say cool. And where's the cacao? The first couple of hours of Truth or Dare Naked are a scent I'd wear in the board room - powerful, confident, but not sensual. A couple of hours later, however, it has morphed into a slutty musk, the morning after the night before. Still no cacao though, thank goodness, and woody rather than spicy.

LizzieDee

Does no one else get lavender from this scent? About 2 or 3 minutes after I sprayed, a clear, clean lavender note emerged. It isn't mentioned in the notes so I must be misreading something else in the mix.

Madonna has done a really good job with this perfume. It is distinctive and elegant.

tessa2809
tessa2809

Beautifully intoxicating and amazingly long-lasting: 12 hours after applying, I still get a lovely whiff of classy amber. Well done, Madonna :)

MoonFlare
MoonFlare

The holy water in this bottle is amazing. I saw reviews on here that said this smells minty..like an Icy Hot vibe. Hopefully, I can broaden up others perception and imagination, turn the tables and say this is much more edible and NOT medicinal like other reviews describe. The Icy Hot aroma strikes me more as mint tea.

Yes. To me, Truth or Dare Naked is like sipping mint tea in an old bar/café setting (with pool tables, bars, a table to play dominos & cards), and I can smell the aroma of chocolate croissants, vanilla cream pastries, buttered cookies, hot buttered rum....with a hint of tobacco and booze floating around. It does have a masculine/unisex vibe. I typically think of a rugged guy with a shadow beard, irresistible lips & smile, and that steely, boozy breath.. I do feel like one of the girls going to hang with the guys.

And I hope one takes me to his place. Lol.

Oh, this scent is SO sexy and yummy. I'll be buying back up bottles of this.

andonirdc
andonirdc

I have a 90% full 50ml bottle available for swap in Europe, PM if you have something I could be interested in (check my profile). :)

De5tiny
De5tiny

I can't really figure it out. Sometimes it's pleasant. Other times it's straight up icy-hot/ben-gay.

Love Pipergirl review!! In truth, there is a bit of a man ' s cave vibe in Naked!! I can't pull if off, the tone is a bit too masculine for my taste..but for the price, what an interesting scent! I like the balsamic amberish undertone, a bit like Cavalli Essenza, although Essenza is more feminine., so easier to wear..
I think though in the dead of winter, Naked is easier to pull off...it has a warm aura, the cocoa isn't foody, it is a bit on the dry side, the scent never gets too sweet, but gets through interesting phases!! Just a bit hard to wear for me, who likes feminine fragrances.
Intriguing!!

BaWika
BaWika

I found this perfume by an accident in a b&m store, I was hanging around cosmetic section, scent was warm, sweet, I wanted to smell my wrist all the time, it was also strong on the sleeve of my jacket. I came back to the perfume section, sadly they had only that one tester, so I came back home with the image of the bottle in my head and my nose glued to my wrist. Found it on fragrantica, then ordered from ebay. When I got it I immediately sprayed it on me, loved it. Got a lot of compliments on it, from different people, different environments and times after spraying it.
I feel that it has grown on me even more, just moments after spraying it I can't help it but think of grape flavoured candy, it's that smell, not in a bad way. Then I just forget about it, I don't feel the perfume on me, but people around me still do. It's a sweet smell but not heavy, not overwhelming. As someone said, it can definitely be addictive. Even though the bottle is huge I am already thinking of buying a backup. Recommend that perfume to just try it

Nikinoo
Nikinoo

This is lovely and boozy just like I like them. It reminds me a bit of Spirituese Double Vanille by Guerlain. It has that cocktail vanilla smell to it but it's brighter and more fuzzy to me. I have to say this could quickly become an empty bottle on my shelf. I will revisit and comment on longevity and sillage later after I have more time to test.

ZELJO

perfect for a grey,windy and almost rainy day,the one we are having today which is very seldon in south east of Spain,Its totally unisex and a few drops are enough to make me feel sexy sexy sexy,a man of my age with trendy look can wear this one easily...gotta use later in the gym too as I love strong smells there,sexy vanilla

pipergirl
pipergirl

Warning: Negative review which is a bummer because I really like Truth or Dare.

First off, I was sitting in my car in the parking lot eager to do a little test of my just purchased blind buy. So I opened the box, pulled the bottle out and was surprised to see an ambery, whiskey colored perfume inside of a clear perfume bottle (like a flask!). Interesting. I spritzed just a little on my wrist and immediately I was transported into the back room of a bar where the guys play poker: smoke, aftershave, a little bit dirty and something medicinal (hard liquor?) in the background. Definitely more of a guy's perfume to my nose, not bad though. But then Naked started to really rev up on my skin in a really nauseating way making me half sick.

This is the perfume that is getting so much love on Fragrantica? Really? Good grief. I couldn't get it off fast enough. I looked at the notes. Benzoin! This must be the same type of benzoin that ruins Prada Candy for me. It must be the unfortunate way that I perceive that particular note.

kicsigruer
kicsigruer

Such an intoxicating scent! Deep and addictive, I just want to inhale all I can again and again! It is probably the combination of benzoin and sandalwood what makes me love it so much. Beautiful packaging and bottle. It looks even better in real life, the whole thing is sleek and sexy, even the touch of the glass feels special! The perfume itself is slightly oily, but in a good way! My skin feels softer where I spray this. Never thought that I would say this about a celebrity fragrance, but this might even become my new signature scent <3

Justpeachy007
Justpeachy007

Also at marshalls, along with TOD I found TODN. Completely different from TOD. I get sweetly spicy. Not what I'd classify as gourmand. Or a base of gourmand. The benzoin is prominent on my skin in a smoky kind of way. The woods are rich but caramelized. Floral is detectable but overall this is a spicy rich medium weight scent. It is ever so slightly masculine on me. It's my skin, on my clothes it was lighter and sweeter but my skin draws out the base notes. After trying both TOD and TODN I have to say they are like night and day which I think is what they were meant to be. TOD being a loud feminine floral, this being sultry and warm. For the price I am happy with both bottles. I can't say I'd pay department store $$. They both lack "rounding", by that I mean a high quality perfume to me goes thru the notes blending and swirling and relax into a "musical chord". A lesser quality perfume to my nose will be going along and I'm waiting for the musical chord but it doesn't quite make it there in tune. It falls flat? A flat note. Btw, I did layer them together and they do compliment each other well. I'd say if you're curious enough to try these, do it.

Konga5000
Konga5000

Damned if I know what all you people are talking about.....
I just purchased this at T.J. Mish-Mosh here in the United States. Feb. 2016.
$9.99
Smells like a can of cream soda spilled over a vinyl table cloth that's drying out in the sun.
100% synthetic "body spray" smell.
Did I get a "bad batch" ? Or did they just level this crap off to lower cost "body spray" price tag?
Horrid.

nvenus
nvenus

I'm pleased and surprised by this beautiful fragrance. I got this for a good price so I wasn't sure I would like it but I did. It's warm spicy, woody, balsamic and floral. I think it could give me a headache, 'cause it's quite strong, but one spray is good and I really, really like the scent of if.

If you like woody + (warm) spicy + balsamic notes together, you will like this :)

Suzybee
Suzybee

I was at Marshall's thinking Super Bowl Sunday would be a great day to go shopping and every football hating woman was there, too! haha

As I was perusing the fragrance stands, I found this little gem hidden behind other ones. I was so excited to finally get a hold of Madonna's first fragrance and her homage to Robert Piguet and her late mother.

When I got home, I sprayed this on my wrist and it occurred to me, this was Truth or Dare NAKED. But WOW, WOW, what a pleasant surprise!! It is beautiful and reminds me slightly of BBW Cashmere Glow. In the Fall Winter line up but not exactly the same.

Brava, Madonna, me gusta muchas!!!

Shoshi
Shoshi

I thought I would like this!
I like the original Truth or Dare.
And I love floral woody musk fragrances in general.
But this one is a bit too sweet for me.
I don't smell any fruity-ness, just a sugary warm overly sweet smell.

ivlia
ivlia

For me it's a winter scent that one can use if they feel like having chocolate but are on a diet. :)

It is pure, dry cacao for me, warmed up by some benzoin, vanilla and honeysuckle hints. I have no associations with nudity when I smell it, rather with warm woolen socks and a fireplace.

Yummy and really, really nice, unlike most celebrity fragrances that seem all the same to me. Linear. Poor longevity, but for this price you can respray without any remorse.

n87
n87

This is one of the nicest celebrity fragrances iv'e smelt so far. It smells quite medicinal, and it's pleasantly masculine. Longevity's average, but it's cheap enough to spray liberally throughout the day. I keep getting a hint of menthol. A very nice unique fragrance. Well worth trying for how little it costs.

BuenaGirl
BuenaGirl

I picked this up as a blind buy for a great price, largely because of positive reviews and my appreciation for the original Truth or Dare. I was expecting much more from this frag, but it is still quite nice. I get a strong hit of sweet fruit on the top notes (I'll guess it's the peach blossom and honeysuckle, although I really couldn't discern the honeysuckle and I grew up enjoying them in the summer), then hints of the cacao and a nice warm oud/sandalwood base. But it all went by so quickly! So softly...so very discreetly. Not what I'm looking for in an incarnation of Truth or Dare. I'll use this up eventually but will not repurchase; I remain a fan of the original TOD.

Summer4Life
Summer4Life

I swear I don't understand why this is marketed towards women. This is SO masculine. Call me crazy if you will, but I actually do find it somewhat similar to BOSS The Scent by Hugo Boss.

It's warm, cozy and sweet. Just doesn't seem to last long on my skin unfortunately. The original ToD, which is way more feminine than this, lasts longer (on me).

mapache
mapache

Last year,this was suggested to me here on Fragrantica.
A unisex amberish scent..was what I was looking for.
I blind bought Madonna Truth or Dare Naked for $10...eBay. The day I received it..I was still recovering from a cold/sinus condition...alas..I sprayed two shots..one on each arm....and ...bang!! I almost got sick!!! I was SO dissapointed. I put it away in a drawer and forgot about this bad experience. I moved into a new place in November..so I found my bottle of Naked ..still in the box. Forgot about it..AGAIN. Until today...when I was re-reading reviews of this....So...I decided to give it a shot again. AND....voila !!! I am loving it today!
The illness I was getting over the first time had a direct effect on my sense of smell that day.Naked, I find is boozy...ambery...to me, NOT powdery...thank God.
It reminds me of old-school type vibe.I will give it a full wear to fully determine ....but as of now..I am glad I gave it a second chance !! It is unisex to me,has a masculine tone. Happy...again. For the price...and the scent...8/10.

Fragaria

I don't love many scents like this......gahhhhh, I LOVE this. I shouldn't. I can't believe I DO! I don't want to wear it because it's not ME. It's not MY type. I love it...for no apparent reason. LOVE it.

Konga5000 mentions cream soda...it DOES have that soft vanilla-ish-y cream soda smell and taste. To me, it's a good thing....sooo addicting.

shell_bell
shell_bell

Oh, Maddy.
Ever since I watched you writhe all over that wedding cake back in 85 I've been entranced. I have been watching you grow and evolve for decades now but lucky for me I finally get to experience your perfume!

Not sure what I was expecting but this is NOT it! The vanilla orchid hits me first. It is SUPERB and like nothing else in my extensive wardrobe. I also get a slightly butterscotch type vibe with some delicate woodsy notes in the background. Just like Mads, it's DIVINE and I can't stop holding my wrist to my nose for just another whiff of this delicious concoction!

I'm shocked that incense isn't a note here because I'm getting a clear shot of it right after the drydown commences. There's also zero straight vanilla listed so it must be the lovely honeysuckle giving this a sweet sexy note.

This perfume screams autumn and winter and now that the weather is finally starting to get really chilly I'm looking forward to wearing this a LOT!
Great prices to be had all over Amazon for huge bottles of this and I suggest you give it a try. There's something for everyone when it comes to Mads! ;)

petravesna
petravesna

I wanted to try a "chocolate" smell and this along with the good price fitted the bill. Sprayed for the first time, it vaguely reminded me of Organza by Givenchy with its oriental smell without sugar vanilla and Angel by Mugler with its cedar, hint of chocolate and incense. I love Angel as it has a big exciting personality. If Angel is attention drawing, love/hate, big impact perfume then this is a Cinderella. For being Madonna, this is a very subdued perfume. The longevity could be better. Perhaps, layering might help.
The opening bursts into cedar/ coumarin wrapped into warm incense/benzoin with thrown a few flowers in it and sprinkled with chocolate. I cannot call this a "chocolate" one. It's more cedar/incense with warm tones steering it away from being masculin. The cedar neither exciting nor extravagant is a welcome opposition to sweet sugary perfumes making a change but the longevity makes this perfume wanting.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I got this on clearance at TJ Maxx, and wish they'd had two of them. Of course, I didn't know I'd like it this much then. I bought it based on the reviews here, thanks to being able to pull them up on my phone. I like the bottle, but the perfume inside is really, really good if you love gourmands. I do get a root beer float vibe, but I sort of like that. It's sweet, creamy, and just plain wonderful. I think it has a certain maturity to it though too. It's not just straight up sugary sweet.

I've never tried Madonna's first perfume because I'm not a huge white floral lover, but I'm so glad I bought this based off reviews. This has quickly moved into my top ten. I find it to be in the same family as Dior Hypnotic Poison, although they don't smell the same. I've a huge love of Hypnotic Poison, and longevity is better with HP, but it's not awful with this much cheaper Madonna perfume. On me, it wears quite a while, and I can't say that about a lot of perfumes. I sure hope this hasn't been discontinued. Definitely back up bottle worthy for me.

x_perfumecrazy_x
x_perfumecrazy_x

A newl love of mine. Beautiful creamy sweet floral. Smells a tad masculin but thats what i love about it aswell

Cel405
Cel405

I have the original Truth or Dare, and having loved that, I figured I'd like this as well. And I do! I think it smells very different from the original, but still wonderful in its own right. I smell the cocoa, peach, sandalwood, vanilla and honeysuckle. It smells so cozy and warm! It feels like if you snuggled up on the softest, comfiest couch there is while wrapped up in a fluffy blanket.

It's sweet, strong and the scent definitely carries, so tread lightly. Test out 1 spray at first, it's that strong. Well, on me it is. I really enjoyed its warmth and the scent is nicely complex in my opinion. It's not a flat, boring, one-note scent at all. For the cheap (compared to high end fragrances) price, it is a very good deal, considering how long the bottle will last.

Snicole82
Snicole82

I think this scent is awesome. Who says cheap can't be good?!

Got a 50ml off of ebay for $10. I'm not necessarily a Madonna fan, but this scent is good.

I smell vanilla, cocoa, spice and BENZOIN. It's subtle and not loud. If this was named by some obscure niche perfumer, it would be flying off of the shelves.

Longevity is okay and sillage is soft.

edlih
edlih

This was also for me a very cheap blind buy, based on the good reviews. Well i am happy i have it, on me the longivity is good aswell is the sillage. I love this scent, i have never tried the first TOD but this TOD Naked i really like a lot and i am so surprises that one has for such a low price such a good fragrance, unilike others i even like the bottle. I don't like Madonna but this fragrance is better than some high end fragrances. Well DONE Madonna

Fragaria

A favorite bottle of mine is Prada Infusion d'Iris. This bottle isn't one I necessarily like, but it's very lovely for those who seek a more ornate appearance. I was quite impressed how much I LIKED looking at it. It's appearance isn't cheap like photos make it look.
I wouldn't buy this again ONLY because it's not my regular genre and I'll probably never use up what I have. Also, one light spray is more than enough to last at least twelve hours. I get huge longevity from this and Alfred Sung. If you even hug someone with one of these pretty scents, you will also wear it for a bit. There are some that find a problem with longevity as everyone is different. But I find most will agree it's persistent!
The price I paid is 8.00 for 2.5 ounces. A more than fair price! This has been compared to Obsession, Tabu, and Youth Dew. I agree it's that genre, but I don't like those three at all. I'm loving this! I read a review that stated they smelled root beer in this and Youth Dew.....and maybe Tabu? Not sure on that one. But I find no root beer or ANY thing redeeming in those two/three. I do smell the root beer in this! Bath and Body Works has Cashmere Glow that I smell root beer in also. I like both, Naked and Cashmere Glow, granted Cashmere Glow is a much softer scent than this is. This the "mother" of Cashmere Glow to me.
The enjoyment of this scent.....I find it very special. I don't think it's really a blue jeans and T type of scent. Myself, I'll wear it whenever I want. To categorize this, I would have choose evening and special events.
This is a really strong scent as I've mentioned, and it seems to be very heavy as if it had a lot of vanilla. Vanilla to my nose, is so "stuffy" and makes it hard to breath. I tolerate this very well. Does it have vanilla in there somewhere? It acts like it does, but I can still breath...with caution.
This is a scent I believe any person that likes big, bold, heavy scents will LOVE....most often. I have found even I myself like it a lot! I suggest you try this no matter who you are. Spray it on your arm. Spray it on a tissue. Smell the tissue the next day after you've showered. I think you will be surprised. I've been dragging this tissue around for two days and I can STILL smell it just sitting on a table next to me. It's what I would want to smell like.... on certain days. What a joy ride this scent has turned out to be. A very good quality, long lasting, rich and exotic (forgot the whole exotic paragraph!) scented gift to yourself or others...uh wait, maybe not a good idea to gift to others!
If this scent isn't you....it's certainly not ME.... do try because it might be you on certain days. I look forward to the days it will be me.

Edit - I reviewed far too soon. I have to leave this so I can see the difference two weeks and several wears make. Just today, it's a much milder scent.

lady_ireth264
lady_ireth264

Oh I love this sweet dreamy concoction.
Madonna Truth or Dare Naked is first a burst of floral freshness. I'm glad there's no insect repellent stage at all for my skin. It's a blend of very innocent and unassuming white flowers that I cannot differentiate, very well mixed.
That stage lasted just as you spray the perfume, perhaps 5 seconds, well for me at least.
And it's the middle notes I love most. Cacao in abundance but not tooth-aching sweetness that's cloying. Just the right amount of cacao. Perhaps because again it's blended well with the vanilla orchid.
Then in two hours the cacao is plunged darker, more solid with the oud. This drydown is very nice. I need to pay attention to this last stage more next time, coz I fell asleep by then.
This perfume may not be a powerhouse bomb, I agree it's silage is moderate and longevity 4-6 hours but it's FBW for those whose chemistry works with it. Coz I can tell you it's one heck of a mouth watering skin scent. This is my first perfume with cacao note and I'm very happy with my Madonna Truth or Dare Naked.
And have I mentioned the bottle is dang gorgeous!?

Edit : I wear this quite often nowadays and really absolutely enjoy it. Get lots of compliments as well ^_^

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

This is so amazing! It starts out like Alien Essence Absolue, a creamy root beer float, but then it deviates completely to a smoky incense and finally grounds to oud. Mmmm, perfect! I haven't had a chance to try Alien Oud, but I imagine it smells exactly this. If it doesn't, Mugler could learn a thing or two from this perfume!

Sharipie
Sharipie

Love at first spray! To me this started out smelling exactly like a root beer float. The only other perfume I got that from is Hypnotic Poison. But the similarities end there. ToDN really surprised me! I blind bought it after reading all the reviews and I knew it would be good but not THIS good! It's very warm and balsamic and I can definitely smell the vanilla and Amber. Someone asked me the other day if I was wearing patchouli oil. I don't smell patch but it must be the incense that gives it that vibe. Longevity and silage are moderate. It lasted a good 5 hours on my shirt which is good for me.
I'll definitely be buying more bottles! Got mine on eBay for $11. Can't beat that!

Edit: My boyfriend just walked by me and said he smells coconut. Must be the coco butter others are mentioning. He loves it though!

lemonzest
lemonzest

Resinous, warm, woody, gorgeous. Opens like a root beer float and keeps getting better. "Yummalicious" comes to mind. Wish I could eat this, seriously!!
Good longevity and sincere compliments, even from children, which is saying something.
It smells like sassafras, exactly like sassafras. Wonder why no one else has pointed this out? Maybe I need to scroll down and check.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Okay....I'm hooked....caramely, boozy, woody....not at all how I imagined. Better really. Think I better get a back up because this one is going to get used up quickly!

Edit: I can't get my family to stop complimenting me on this. I must be a little asnomic toward it because I don't smell but the first 1 hour on me but I sprayed some on yesterday and my husband said this morning that my perfume smelled really nice...also, if my daughter likes it that is saying a lot...she is the worlds worst perfume critic. So, just adding that thought to say this was a great blind buy.

Duskfall
Duskfall

ToDN is absolutely gorgeous! The boozy sweet opening mellows down to a smooth and woody (still relatively sweet) drydown. It almost has a gourmand feel to it. Heavenly choice for cooler weather!

Decent lasting power. The sillage is moderate, but has a potential to be heavy if "oversprayed"".

ewanhoozarmy
ewanhoozarmy

Swapped the original with my mum for this. While I appreciate the original, that good ol' smack to the face white floral, I don't love it like I do this one. Also, the swap seemed to make sense, as I feel ToDN can easily be worn by a man. It's very cosy and resinous and that cacao rounds things off beautifully. I am an oud megafan, so to have that accord in such a bargain fragrance is a bonus. Such a great scent for anyone to have in their arsenal, but I would recommend it to men perhaps, who are fans of Givenchy Pi. To me, it evokes a similar vibe. Or to layer with other scents, to give a, warmer, sweeter edge. Unfortunately, sillage and longevity on me is not as impressive as the original, but that is to be expected I suppose, given ToD's nuclear nature. However, it does like to linger for a good while. I would urge everyone to try it!

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

This should have been the first one that was released instead of the original.
I love this one and I wear it. It's sweet but I just love the smell, and her.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

Another amazing blind buy based on reviews (and a fantastic £7 price)

The first thing I smell is something I haven't smelt before - could be the benzoin? I don't know what it is but it's drawing me in.

I get a dirty woody floral with an oriental twist and i want to bathe in it it smells that good.

Edit: it's been about an hour and I'm getting something menthol/minty but dont know what it is?

Mdox407
Mdox407

Okay, so I just bought this yesterday doing some black-Friday-weekend shopping and since I bought so many fragrances, I tested some right when I got home, and waited to test the other couple the next day, which is today.

As I've said in other reviews...98% of the time I know with the first spritz immediately whether I like a fragrance or not. I'm the same way with music. I'm very decisive. Things don't usually "grow" on me and I'm not a person who is normally "unsure" per say, about many things.

This however...one of the few exceptions...just like Hilary Duff's perfume "With Love" was the same way for me. This fragrance I sprayed...and immediately thought..."Oh god. This smells terrible. Kinda of like a woody/weird medicine smell." But then I went about my business...walked my dog...ate my lunch...and 15 minutes later, I put my wrist to my nose again and I really liked it! Smells very warm...woodsy...You can deff smell the cocoa also.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is a love for me...but a strongg like. And it is most definitely not cheaply made. It lasts about 7 hours on me which is HUGE for not only a celeb scent...but for a fragrance I paid $10 for at TJ Maxx (and I got the biggest bottle it comes in mind you.) Also...sillage is very big. I only sprayed less than 1 full spray on my wrist and it had a decent projection. I'm sure it'll project in a major way when I wear it as normal on my skin and clothes.

One more thing I must give it props for :: It's VERY versatile. This can (with absolute ease) be pulled off by any man. It's very masculine. Very. =)

So with this fragrance...when you first try and/or buy it...spray it on your wrist...and give it 15-20 minutes before you smell and judge it. It's very odd and strong the second it comes out of the sprayer.

Overall rating : 7.5 possibly 8/10

Great Job Madonna! I may go buy the original TOD next week.

:D

nm4
nm4

You Americans are lucky..here in Europe this frag is hard to find ,and I want it...!

AliPratt25
AliPratt25

I have been on the lookout for this fragrance after reading the positive reviews on here and I finally found a 75 ml bottle at Marshall's for $9.99! I have the original Truth or Dare and this is a totally different perfume. I like the original ToD but I looovve this one. It smells sooo familiar to me....Twilight Woods by BBW? Viva La Juicy? Some uber-popular fragrance from the 90's? I'm not sure but it smells really good. First thoughts:
*warm spicy
*cocoa butter
*oriental
*hint of mint from the benzoin
*unisex fragrance
*perfect for fall & winter
*lily
I'm not great at determining notes or describing certain scents....but this is a lovely warm, spicy, boozy, floral with a tiny bit of mint in the background that keeps it clean and not overly sweet. Bottomline - it smells great! Try it, you can't go wrong especially for the price. Kudos on developing another great fragrance Madonna!

Alyssa79
Alyssa79

Blind TJ Maxx buy for $3.99 - score!

Initial spray on me - a super sticky and sweet syrupy peach which made me instantly think of my beloved discontinued Escada Collection - double score!

This perfume is magnificent. It lasted quite some time - 8+ hours and the silage was good too.

Gourmand lovers, give it a try. It's not a vanilla bomb which is refreshing but is still in the delicious I can't stop sniffing my wrist because it smells like dessert family.

Allegra
Allegra

To be honest, I didn't like the original ToD at all (WAY too much tuberose!) but this is something else with a capital S. It wraps you up in a warm, soothing and cosy layer of spice, creamy wood, flowers and vanilla. I just sprayed it onto my clothes and now I cannot stop smelling myself, the scent is so tantalizing. It's feminine and masculine at the same time, and suitable for a vast age group.

Excellent choice for the upcoming winter season as the days get shorter and the air cooler. ToD Naked is just the right amount of elegance and warmth to make you feel better during the cold months. Born and raised in Michigan, Madonna sure knows what it takes to go through this time of the year.

ghostie77
ghostie77

This perfume blows my mind!!! I got it as a blind buy thanks to all you lovely peeps at fragrantica, and boy, am I glad I did. (I can't believe it cost £6.99 for 75 ml AND a 100ml body lotion.)

It kind of reminds me of Angel, but this is softer. It's just all beautiful, powdery chocolate and ambery goodness. It's the middle to end stage of Angel. The character of the first spray reminds me (in spirit, not actuality) of Hypnotic Poison, in that the smell is like an instant, high end, 'dry down' smell. The very, very last notes of Tresor smell a little bit like the first spray of this.

It's sweet, but not cloying in any way at all. (I've smelled Killian's 'Love', a sickly sweet, chocolatey,ambery concoction that costs almost 200 quid, and it's not a patch on this.) This has vanilla flower, rather than vanilla pod, and there's no vanilla in the basenote which maybe stops it getting sickly.

The only complaint I have is silage and longevity - both kind of suck. I squirt 8 times to get the same strength as say, 2 squirts of Tresor. Buy hey, at that price, I can't complain.

I have no strong feeling about Madonna either way, but she's a sharp business woman and this perfume is head and shoulders better than ALL celeb fragrances. In fact, it's now my signature scent. Thank you, Madge.

EDITED A MONTH LATER....
Just wanted to say, that as much as I liked this fragrance, I don't love it any more. It's certainly not signature scent worthy. I think I was just so bowled over by a celeb fragrance that was actually good, it went to my head. Because IT IS good, but it still smells relatively cheap and synthetic and the longevity is weak. I have cheapos from Next clothes shop that last longer. It's still nice though, and I use it on days when I don't want to waste the really pricey stuff. I stand by my claim that it's the best celeb frag I've come across.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

I bought this on the cheap at TJMaxx. After the initial blast of peach floral, I get a minty hit. It's a bit fascinating. In school I played Field Hockey and Lacrosse. I absolutely smell a bit of the athletic trainer's office where people went to get taped and the boys used a lot of Bengay muscle rub.

This may sound like a negative comment- it's not at all. I enjoy TOD Naked but is extremely unusual to my nose. The minty aspect really throws me off. It also smells a bit of the white tape used on ankles etc. Not exactly medicinal or like a Band aid.

I'm wearing in now and will use it I think. It's just amazing to me that a cool mint is prominent to my nose but not listed on the pyramid.

darina.ivanova
darina.ivanova

Following the numerous great reviews, I decided to give it a go.
The perfume is huge disappointment for me despite the notes in the pyramid (and I love every single note in the pyramid), but the mixture (I can't even say that there is a composition there) is far from what they call good fragrance.

This is my personal opinion. I would not recommend to anyone to spend even few pounds for this perfume. I believe that there are many others on the market within the same price range that are probably much better than ToD Naked.

thebee
thebee

This was a surprisingly good blind buy. I saw Truth or Dare Naked advertised at an amazingly cheap price yesterday and, not knowing about it, came straight here to read the reviews. Swayed by your enthusiasm, I bought a bottle and have been wearing it for about five hours today. I actually really liked the initial hit on my wrist (somewhere between Poison and Angel). The drydown has become much softer and closer to my skin. I agree with others that it's cosy. Smelling my wrist now, there's a gentle balsamic chocolate scent with a dab of dark fruitiness. I had hoped for greater longevity, but I did apply lightly and have been enjoying its' company all afternoon.

weasley
weasley

This smells like fruity wood to me. The cacao is not obvious, but looking at the notes I can imagine the cacao somewhere in there. It's quite powdery, but not dry at all. The sweetness is very subtle and overall it is very soft and pleasant.

I think it is really nice, and for the price it is a great catch. I'm not really wowed by it though, but might consider it in the future when I just need a easy, basic, sweet fragrance, that works anytime anywhere.

veraverae
veraverae

All I get from the opening and the first hour or so on my skin is a blast of grape cough medicine and lots of menthol. Very harsh and medicinal and sharp. The dry down is better, but I don't get warm and cozy at all anywhere. I wanted to love this, but sadly it just doesn't work with my skin.

Rie60
Rie60

Just got this scent- I love the original-sillage bomb and very long lasting.This is beautiful in a completely different way.The peach, sandalwood and cedar stand out to me. Very much a warm fall scent. Someone mentioned the bottle looking like a relic- I believe it's actually fashioned after a Holy water bottle.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Just got it as a Gender Bender. Great timing for start of Fall. I love a warm and initially baking smell. I know it's not a gourmand and I like it even better because it feels like a very light Thierry Mugler on my skin and wafting up into my nose. Warm spicy with benzoin balsamic? Makes it a presence but softer - not too aggressive. Fall has arrived and I'm ready for sweaters, scarves, pie and Madonna Truth or Dare NAKED. The woody may anchor it for me but not getting the cedar so much. That's great because my collection is already Full of woodys. It settles very well and goes from warm to cozy, Comforting scent.

mrastley
mrastley

This smells as great as the original Truth or Dare smells awful. And that's saying a lot. Seriously, whatever it is that Truth or Dare shares with Stefani's Lamb fiasco -- and I am guessing it is the gardenia -- makes me physically sick.

But Truth or Dare Naked removes all of the offensive notes. It's genuinely pretty. Even the bottle looks better.

petroleuse
petroleuse

This is sweet, but not in the Hypnotic Poison way nor the Manifesto way. It opens with a very strong smell of flowers and honeysuckle and settles beautifully on the benzoin, vanilla and woods+spices. The longivity is amazing, and it wears well even though it has quite heavy sillage. The smell is so pleasant, that I can wear it "loudly" without being intrusive on people around me. Actually I'm quite sure I caught a woman in the metro sniffing me the other day! Haha, she smiled as she got off, so I am guessing she liked it :)I wear this to bed and my partner loves it. This is not raunchy but also not "nice girly". I will admit that although I like it a lot, it doesn't come off as exquisite as say Thierry Muglers Alien Essence..All the notes mix easily and don't come with any surprises. It only cost me 10 euros after all...But it is def a winner!

chickincanada
chickincanada

I'm sure someone is going to call me stupid and/or crazy, but this one reminds me of Hugo Boss (the original for men, I think it's called Number One now). I'm a female, and when it first came out in 1987, it was heavily advertised, and after returning from a summer trip in Europe, I thought I was cultured and all grown-up and picked up a bottle of Hugo Boss on my way home at Schippol Airport (it's actually kind of scary I remember all this, 27 years later).

Anyway, I thought I was pig's shit because I was a girl wearing a guy's scent, but it oddly worked on me. And Truth or Dare Naked totally reminds me of it. I think it's the strong overtones of the woody-ness on my skin with a hint of powder. At this moment, I am transported back to 1988 with my floral-hem jeans rolled up at the ankles and making out with my boyfriend under the maple tree freezing our butts off before we had to head home before curfew.

That said, I don't think I will wear this scent, lol. Some things are best left down the memory lane.

edited to change Hugo Boss Number One, I had called it "The One", and also to add "Naked" to ensure I was quoting the right perfume.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Wow! Another great one by Madonna of all things.
Every perfume rule I have has an exception. I don't do Celebuscents has been my most enduring rule but this one and it's sister Truth or Dare are now the exceptions.
I love smoky, dry scents and this one is that. It's benzoin sweet rather than ethyl malitol sweet. Despite it's sweetness, I don't consider this a proper gourmand. The dryness balances the sweetness too well.
Another rule of mine is I hate cheap, obviously synthetic concoctions. Obviously this is cheap, and synthetic, but it's not at all screechy or overwhelming. It's warm complex and layered and whatever chemicals are in there don't feel alarming or overwhelming.
I've smelled plenty of expensive niche fragrances far more obviously chemical and obnoxious.
Just a wonderful fragrance at any price.

whammy
whammy

CREAMY BENZOIN

I don't know if I've got a dodgy bottle, but this smells like a hot mess. It gives me a headache and smells like vanilla that has went out of date. It was cheap to buy and smells cheap.

I had high expectations for this and judging from the notes I thought this would be right up my street, I was so wrong!

Melodiarose82

Another review, just because I can and I want to. :)

Wow!!! Out of all the perfumes that I own... Many, being very expensive- this stuff rocks the boat in a big way! It's delicious, intoxicating, smooth, boozey, rich, sweet but in a raw womanly- take me now- kind of way. I am highly impressed with this perfume. Go Madonna! Her fragrances rock.

Melodiarose82

At first spritz, this smells exactly like these little potted lip glosses that I used to have as a kid! It's weird. It's nostalgic... I've never smelled a fragrance like this. But as I said, the scent is so familiar! I'm a little kid again. But how do I really feel about this as a perfume...? This is first spritz- so, I'll let it settle for a bit... I know how the drill goes! Oh, wait- Now, I smell menthol! Vicks vapor rub! Hmm.... This is odd... From kiddie pretend lipstick/lipgloss to Vick's vapor rub...? :/

Strangely addicting- reminding me of my raver days- lol Binkies and Vicks... I wonder how (and if) this will evolve... The funny thing is, it's helping my dried out desert Arizona living sinuses (maybe that's why I only smell what I smell) Nevertheless... sniff sniff away. Stay tuned. :-P

Took a shower- spritzed some more... thinking- it's weird (as in totally different). I like it. I might even love it. We'll see. :)

Edit# :-P : I'm still exploring this lady of a scent... the words that come to mind are decadent, tribal, explorative, delicious... unique... seductive... It gives me a feeling that no other perfume has given me yet. It's sensual, sexual raw, *woman* Wow. What an intoxicatingly different kind of fragrance trip! Love!

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: This stuff is amazing!!! I think I found a new signature scent. I am so blown away impressed!! Ladies, gentlemen, whoever- this is a must try! And you must explore it and let it entrance you!!! Sexy as all hell. Woohoo!!!!

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I had no other choice but to blind buy this, as this fragrance is not readily available in South Africa. I bought it based on reviews and based on one specific person describing it as "caramelly deep resinous sweet". Well, I just received my bottle and I am floored! I have seen a few negative reviews and got scared for a moment, but this is deliciously gorgeous! On me it becomes almost instantly sweet, caramel / chocolate. I am so happy I bought this fragrance :)

EDIT: I kept smelling this, thinking that it reminds me of something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though... And then it clicked! With Love by Hilary Duff. No, it is not 'similar', not it is not a 'duplicate'. But it does have the same 'vibe' and the same spicey feel that With Love does. I adore this fragrance and I'm sorry I didn't buy a bigger bottle! Since I'll be on a no-buy until December, I will savour this fragrance, because by then I'll probably not be able to find it in South Africa anymore

Museumgal
Museumgal

I find the peach blossom surprsingly strong in the first hour or so -- sort of overwhelms the composition. Once that fades it is creamy, sweet and rich, like a fancy chocolate bar. Warm and cozy, a very comforting scent. But the peach note is very distracting in the opening -- it doesn't seem to blend as well. Moderate sillage, lasts about 6 hours.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Very well balanced between florals,sweets and woods. Many women said a guy can pull this off so I tried it and I agree. As mentioned before, it's sort of like Givenchy Pi or Cologne of the Missions with florals and a creamy sandalwood dry down. It is sweet but not overbearing.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I can't stop spraying this one. Morning and then again at night - love it. Naked has all the caramel, smokey tobacco richness without the patchouli...which is hard to find. It smells like orange creamies and incense and sandalwood and amber, rounded out by bubble gum and vanilla. Beautiful.

Pimpernell
Pimpernell

Of all my expencive parfumes, been collecting for years, this one is the one that has become my signature, my go to fragrance. How a fragrance of this quality can be so inexpencive I do not know, but I am forever grateful. Now I can stock up and enjoy this for years to come. Big LOVE!

Wow, this is really good, especially when you take current prices into account. It's sort of like Pi, but not as sweet and a bit floral, though perhaps with a stronger woody quality (once you get to the drydown). I think I might prefer this to vintage Pi because it's more dimensional, which prevents the sweetness from becoming too obvious, and potentially irritating over time. There's even a kind of boozy quality that works well in this composition. And it's certainly strong enough! Though spice is not listed, there is a chili pepper type quality, and you must be able to handle quite a bit of benzoin!

UPDATE: I think what I was thinking of as chili powder is the oud note. Anyway, I'd say this is like a unisex/niche version of Pi.

Basteth
Basteth

To me, this smells like ToD but with cocoa. And I thought the original smelled like Yves Rocher Monoi de Tahiti oil and so this does to. But with cocoa. A bit nutty, vanilla and as said, cocoa. Will probably not use it much. A bit flat. Nothing offensive, just not as interesting as I hoped it would be.

Zazou
Zazou

This truly gives me nausea. I do not smell any of the stated ingedients, just a blast of something syrupy and sickeningly sweet. Like Angel, this is an olfactory insult to your surroundings, only that on top of it ToD smells cheap.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is a very unusual mixture, it has to be explored slowly! I've had the same experience with niche perfumes - "wise men say only fools rush in".
This reminds me the oriental perfumes -thick, aromatic, quite strong and sensual. Like an oriental woman covered in veils - she seems unapproachable and mysterious in the same time. And under that veil, there is so much warm sensuality and beauty!
This is like a rich, expensive, dark liqueur - you have to take your time, to sip it slowly and appreciate the taste (this means -apply the perfume lightly, otherwise it can be too strong). The same aromatic, warm, cozy mood, the last sun rays late in the evening going through your liqueur glass and making it look like a liquid amber. At this point this perfume reminds me a bit Thierry Mugler's Alien flankers (and sometimes Le Parfum by Lalique too), but this one is cozier, warmer, more "fluffy", more wearable (for some people) maybe.
The main element I get here is a rich spice mixture, and there's an unexpected menthol vibe too. The flowers are floating in the background, they nicely melt together and make the perfume more feminine (but I guess the scent would be interesting on a man too). The drydown becomes gourmand, but it still keeps that wonderful spicy warmth. I think it will be magic in the winter (or the cold autumn days).
Overall it's unique, sensual, aromatic gourmand and rich, but not for everybody (I guess those who are in love with the popular sweet-fruity vibe perfumes, won't love this at the first sniff... but who knows what happens later :)).

The longer I wear this perfume, the more I like it.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Truth or Dare Naked by Madonna was a blind buy for me and a huge success! I love it! When I first spray this I get that grape vibe which I thoroughly enjoy from the neroli and honeysuckle. As it begins to dry down I smell the vanilla orchid with just a hint of cacao and the thick resinous sweetness of the benzoin. I like that this has a complex sweetness rather than just some typical sugary fruity thing we have come to expect from celebs. The bottle is fabulous and I hope that Madonna continues to make stunning fragrances!

allie kat
allie kat

Another purchase based on member reviews and as always you don't disappoint. So creamy and warm, like a fine liqueur. I get the lovely sandalwood and lots of vanilla. I generally dislike vanilla but Madonna has got it just right for me with this one. There is something familiar and comforting about this one, like a warm, cosy jumper on a miserable day. For me this is refined and ladylike, not loud or in your face at all but the longevity is excellent, I could still smell it on my wrists this morning 16 hours after spraying, this is what I want from a perfume. I would love to smell this on someone else as my skin just seems to amplify the vanilla in any scent but not a problem with this one, the other ingredients more than compensate. Well done Madonna.

valenceis
valenceis

I agree with all who say this one could have been executed a little better. I bought a bottle a few months ago and while I don't find it absolutely awful, I don't consider it the cheapo find of the year.

Maybe I should learn by now that I don't like orchid (I feel it always drops the ball). Maybe I should admit that I'm SUPER bored with oud. Oud is like the sriracha of perfume notes. It had it's time and place in my life, but now my palate is too sensitive for such strong, overpowering stuff. Oud and sriracha are both cool, don't get me wrong. But let's just say lately I've become more of a powdery old lady who washes with milk soap and drinks brut rose every night.

If you also match that description, I'd say you can pass on this one.

katemax
katemax

well I liked it upon first sniff. I don't get the negative reviews. to me its a lovely powdery warm vanilla that is what I wear when Im not feeling particularly extravagant. I don't wear it often but to me its lovely and inoffensive. a great bedtime perfume

umme.aisha.2k11
umme.aisha.2k11

First blind buy and a real disappointment. I do not smell the Cacao, vanilla Orchid, benzoin, sandalwood or oud. I just get a loud, unpleasant, chemically vanilla. What a scrubber. No more blind buys for me. Never again.

Eira Sol
Eira Sol

I can`t understand how anyone can say this has poor lasting power. On me it lasts all day! That is actually what amazes me the most about it, because it is soooo affordable.

Leah lilly
Leah lilly

Just received it today, blind buy according to many positive reviews. I'm very disappointed, it's very synthetic , poor in sillage and longevity almost one hour of soft chemical scent. I expected much more of TOD NAKED, also the bottle looks very cheap.

star24
star24

I'm no expert and just learning to understand notes.I get rootbeer in the initial spray,top notes is this the benzion?I would like to identify the notes that make this rootbeer smell I get the same smell from hypnotic poison but stronger.In TOD naked after the rootbeer I get fatty or milk chocolate with a herbal hint.I'd really like to know from someone with more experience and a better nose why I'm getting the rootbeer smell even though I do like it it's not what I'd choose for every day so understanding the notes that cause it would help me alot.

estaesta
estaesta

begins punchy & loud , swells into a balmy minty medical synthetic amber/ouds unisex woody boozy masculine vanilla benzoin. I overspray so that when it settles down its total bliss and reaps compliments, or equal spray blend with gaultier 2.
unisex : please boys wear it x

its fake abudhabi but i dont have the wallet to go highend

fragrantlove
fragrantlove

This was my first blind buy ever, thanks to your reviews, fragrantica!
Now to the fragrance. I agree with Angeldaisy, it does have a synthetic, medicinal, fake sweet vanilla-ambery note, and it is pretty much all I can smell, but still, I have worn much worse fragrances than this! Also, because it's so soft, it's not headache-inducing at all, unless I stick my nose on it and take a big whiff. What surprises me most is that even though it's soft, I can still smell it from a distance, which doesn't happen with most fragrances. I feel like I have a soft, amber-sugar-cacao-floral aura surrounding me, which is why I bought this fragrance in the first place. As for the synthetic smell, I kinda suspected it since it's so cheap.
In the end, this fragrance was exactly what I expected it to be: great for its price!

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

There's something sickly and chemically in here that i have discovered recently in a few other perfumes including Anglomania and Maitresse...and apparently J'adore! I find that repellant too.
This sweet fake vanilla-benzoin-woodsy-ambery aroma chemical basically goes up my nose and blocks every single other note, so that it is all i can whiff :-(
they use this same chemical in posh hair product too i am sure.
Such a shame, as without this addition (to my nose), i can see that this could be as amazing as truth or dare.
Get some Truth or Dare though (before everyone runs out)...it is divine!
Buy Naked if you are willing to potentially smell like you've rubbed hair detangler on your skin.
longevity and sillage are great.
FB for swaps.

Macassar
Macassar

no , really not ..i can't . I do like "Truth or Dare" which is much more refined , alluring , but this one is with too much sugar ,too much chocolate, too heavy ( probably perfect in winter ) . It looks like the perfume of a litle girl who mixed all the sweet ingredients she had under the hand . I'm feeling like a diabetic , in crisis , smelling it

nettoyant
nettoyant

So much strong warm benzoin and orchid.  I guess this is like Madonna herself, sort of in your face and bold.  :)  For me it can be overwhelming and works best when I walk through it sprayed in the air while, well...naked.  The warmth of my skin and the scent meld together.  It's not something I wear during the day which is odd as I usually don't care for night and day categories.  This is a cozy relaxing bedtime scent.  It makes me feel sexier but, only in small amounts

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Truth or Dare Naked – Yes lots of cacao and benzoin with floral and sweet undertones, not too sweet, just sweet enough with heavenly woody notes. The cedar gives Naked a dry character that seems to tame it from becoming too sweet.

Naked is utter yumminess, it is sensual, strong, and long lasting; a total femme bomb that is bordering on being a unisex type of scent.

crazedbrit
crazedbrit

I just blind purchased this based on the multitude of positive reviews, and the fact that I love Madonna' s other perfume. This smelled greasy...like petroleum and chemicals on my skin. Very offensive and headache inducing. Reminds me of Givenchy Play Intense, which smelled exactly like Naked on my skin, and caused a similar headache. Surprise surprise; they both have notes of Benzoin and Vanilla Orchid. Guess I know To stay away from those notes from now on. Anyone looking to swap, it's a brand new 1 ounce bottle...and I have the box.

White_Heron
White_Heron

This is a big surprise.
Very cheap,
long lasting,
and please note, my skin is really fussy nothing wanna stay on me.
My rule is : if its brown- its gonna stay for ages;)

Smell lovely!!!
its spicy but not too oriental and too spicy,
woody a bit only, not too woody,not too dark, not heavy.

I will say its a perfect balsamic spicy sweetnes.
Always get compliments when wear them.
That was my perfect blind buy.
Sweet honey& amber syrup.

DeLinda
DeLinda

Eww, I really don't like this perfume. Upon within the first hour of applying, I could smell menthol - yes, menthol cough syrup type of smell. As it progressed, it became light menthol with a sturdy amber spicy body. People around me were also not impressed. Not for me, no way!

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Much more lighter and safe compared to the original. It opens somehow sour on my skin, but after 10 seconds it settles into a beautiful floral woody composition. On my skin benzoin, orchid and peach blossom prevails. Lovely longevity and sillage. Nicely done!

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Both of Madonna's fragrances are such winners, I can't believe this one may be discontinued. It's absolutely lovely. I find it to be very feminine. But seems to be popular among all fragrance enthusiasts here.

Starts strong. I actually smell cocoa butter in this. I felt I'd over-sprayed at first. Then a few hours later I lost track of the scent. Then I smelled my wrist. It was still there. It was still there after 10 hours.

I get the honeysuckle and wood. I get a little straight vanilla, a puff of sandalwood incense smoke.

Even if the floral notes scare you, I suggest you try this. It's wrapped up in enough spice, cocoa, and woods to keep the bouquet under control.

So nicely done. The original Madonna Truth or Dare was so good it made me fall for tuberose. Truth or Dare Naked just made me fall period. Love it.

guillermostf
guillermostf

first spray: for 2 seconds it reminds me Dune for woman by Dior. After this 2 seconds, scent goes in another way. Madonnas has done 2 great perfumes, long lasting and not cheap at all. Well mixed liquid inside elegant bottles too. This one is kind of unisex at first spray, after some minutes, you can smell the floral accord, and it´s femenin.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

This is a really fun scent, and based on the reviews here, seems to be a safe blind buy. I have to admit that I blind purchased as well :) Thank you all, for your reviews!

On my skin, Naked is not sweet. I get the distinct fatty scent of cacao bean, that dark, almost pungent scent of unsweetened chocolate mixed with the slight woody airiness of the bean fibers. Cedar really shines here, and is much stronger than the feedback above suggests. Those reviews that mention a "minty" scent are referring, I think, to the cedar. Oud is present as well, but is more powdery than the cedar in this scent.

The florals are nicely balanced- they don't overwhelm the woods and cacao, nor are they overwhelmed. I'm having a hard time detecting individual notes, it's more of a slightly floral undercurrent, lightening the darker scents in Naked. From time to time I get a whiff of sweetness, which I think is the benzoin. On my skin this is an oriental, rather than a gourmand. I really love it.

Sillage could be better. I normally wear 1 or two spritzes of scent. For this to provide within arms length sillage I needed 6. It does last quite a while, and I agree that this is safely unisex. Naked is an attractive scent for a woman, but I think this might be really really sexy on a man. It will be more understated than most men's scents, and more complex as well. The woods give it a nice crisp edge, while the benzoin and cacao make it compelling. For $10, give it a shot!

EDIT: My mother says this smells like "minty dog." Um?

ZELJO

The more I use the more Ilike,I find it prodigius, grows up in the skin,but its only for vainilla lovers, otherwise,stay away for it, smells like a vanilla cupcake or ice cream,so yummy,too sweet for Madonna...would have suit Selena Gomez or Kylie, not to say Britney,more

Corinne39
Corinne39

There is something very familiar about this fragrance..I just can't figure out where from..maybe something from the late 80's early 90's? It sort of reminds me of something a school friend used to wear 20 something years ago, I know she wore Joop Le Bain or maybe Joop Femme, but surely it can't be that..can it??

Anyway, all that aside, ToD Naked is growing on me..I still prefer the original ToD,(at the moment, watch this space..) but this is so totally different that its not really fair to compare them to each other... This is warm, honeyed, sweet and intoxicating.. :)

bigbz
bigbz

After hearing about the possible real/rumor of this scent being discontinued and also the fact that I've heard quite often this could work well as a unisex scent....I finally took the blind buy plunge and got a 50ml bottle.

Boy howdy, just like Bollen below me says...what a terrific blind buy!!! Much has already been said about this terrific "semi-gourmand" scent already...so I'll be brief since I know I can't add much of anything.

I definitely get this overall feel of a absolutely wonderful creamy butterscotch candy like vibe. But at the same time, it's SOOOOO much more than that with some soft and delicate florals and a slight woody note in the background. Like another reviewer mentioned, it's got the smell of a delicious lip balm as well.(Blistex or Carmex, I couldn't tell you.....but it's awesome just the same!:)

I don't know what the heck is going on with my winning streak of blind buy/sampling of "woman's" uber cheapie perfumes lately like Queen, Queen Of Hearts, Unbreakable Love(yeah, yeah "unisex" I know;)and David Yurman Limited Edition. But I'm certainly gaining a new respect, if not flat out infatuation/admiration with some of these wonderfully deep and sensual creations which can be had for criminally low prices!!!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

This is available really cheap right now, but watch out because I guess it's discontinued? I have a 1.7 oz and a back up 1.7 coming.
TorD original was horrible unless you love Gardenia and want a sillage/potent bomb.
But the notes and reviews of this one looked much more up my gourmand-alley. I love TorD Naked. It's creamy, buttery, sandalwood, vanilla... just a soft feminine mature gourmand that is soft but has excellent longevity. I am loving it right now, in the very beginning of spring. I think lovers of mature gourmands like Dior Addict will love this.
I do get a minty note, but it actually makes me intrigued more than repulsed. So, I don't mind it. :)

I've recently tried Gaultier 2, and I love that. I def see a resemblance to Naked.

Now, the celebrity scent aspect.... what makes Madonna any less "expert" or capable in making a fragrance than a designer? What does Jimmy Choo actually know about perfume? So the fact this is a "celeb" scent... I wouldn't even call it that. You'd put Madonna in the same boat as Paris Hilton? I think Madge is more than qualified to make a quality scent. But that being said, I like way more Paris scents than Madonna. TorD white was awful to me.

Edit: A few days later, and I'm in love with this perfume! The drydown is almost too sweet for me.... which is crazy because I am the queen of sweet scents.... lol.... But I LOVE this perfume. What a excellent buy! I get a creamy peach vanilla with that strange mint that intrigues me. Then a woody sweet amber. (the peach reminds me of Fancy Love).

Bollen
Bollen

Another great blind buy. Bought ToD Naked for me and regular ToD for my mom. Ended up loving both of them, especially the "original" ToD to my big surprise.
(Im not a big fan of floral´s in general and have to admit that I am bad at picking out the different notes among flower based scents.)
Were the original ToD feels comforting and soothing ToD Naked feels more flirty and fun. I can´t for the life of me smell any cacao or flowers, Naked smells fruity and spicysweet to me. (EDIT: I think it´s the peach blossom that fools me.) And in this case that´s not a bad thing at all. I thought I bought a autumn/winter scent but I think the fruity sweet feeling I get from it makes it much more of a spring/summer scent. Witch is just what I needed. Do I need to mention that the price for this ab fab frag is awesome too? :)

(Try it while it´s still available because it´s sadly discontinued I think.)

Lilithorvat
Lilithorvat

TOD NAKED is a very pleasant surprise for me. I'm often wary of celebrity fragrances after so many bad experiences, but this one smells NICHE and exotic!

This is also fantastic in combination with your man wearing PURE WOOD by Thierry Mugler, smell both and see why. The oud accord is definitely in there, and well composed, not overly done.

This smells unisex, it has a masculine feel, this is for the woman who wants to feel like an exotic temptress in the middle east. Something you'd smell on Cleopatra.
Very unique, well blended, original, and one of the best celebrity fragrances I've experienced yet. I'm not overselling this, I'm hard to impress, and this is going on my want list right now!

This is exactly what I've been looking for, for a LONG time, something woodsy, exotic and a bit masculine, for those days when I'm feeling "edgy" and adventurous. I dare say, this even smells a bit EROTIC. ;) It doesn't hit you in the face however, and I like that about it, it's soft and covers you like a blanket, wish it lasted longer, but for the price it's worth it. The perfect Autumn scent, but I'm a rebel and love standing out so I would probably wear it all year!

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Naked

This is a very beautiful and quite- surprising fragrance. I wasn't a huge fan of Truth or Dare but when i bought this one i was incredibly happy with it. The first spray was like a warm hug from an old friend and the essence of comfort is sort of the continuous thread that runs through this fragrance. The warm vanilla notes with the slightest hint of Oud and the floral touches from the orchid and Peach blossom all work harmoniously together. I think what i love most is the fact that this doesn't smell like your typical celebrity fragrance, there is a real luxurious vibe about this that gives it an incredible sort of appeal because it's so affordable As well. I like to wear this on cool autumn days where the air is cold but the sun is out and the best sort of comfort is found in snuggling with a cashmere blanket and a great book as you sit by a window and watch the leaves fall from the trees. Or you could just go naked.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

OMG!! i was searching through the comments for someone to say that this is similar to Hilary Duff with love and i found one!!! i am so excited about this, i wanted With love badly but it is discontinued and nowhere to be found but thank you Madonna for covering that spot :) it is spicy and exotic with a hint of mint as a lot of people have mentioned or eucalyptus,warm and rich.
I couldn't believe how much they are alike, i was checking the notes...but they have none in common...this amazes me.
Best blind buy so far!!!

NightShade6
NightShade6

The two notes that stick out the most to me are cacao and benzion. So if you like either of these notes, I'm sure you'll love this!

I would say this is a seductive yet playful fragrance. I own a lot of high end and niche perfumes and this one smells just as expensive. It's sweet, warm, spicy, and alluring. I think the benzion and oud gives it a slight fatale femme edge.
This is probably one of the best and most unique celebrity fragrance!

Contessa01
Contessa01

I just snapped up a bottle of this as it is now discontinued. Even though I am a massive Madonna fan I didn't buy truth or dare primarily as it wasn't released here in Australia but because everyone said it smelled so much like Fracas I figured there wasn't any point. I quite like Naked, it is a very musky ambery fragrance. I would wear it only when you don't mind being noticed because it is strong and lasts a long time! It is not a typical celeb fragrance, it's not a crowd pleaser and it actually smells like a niche perfume like something Serge Lutens would create. I was dissapointed to hear that she would not be releasing any more fragrances.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

This is my second "women's fragrance" that I own. I absolutely adore it.

The user below me, Cleo Cupcake, was absolutely spot-on when she said this fragrance "wraps you like a cashmere blanket."

This fragrance is so smooth and warm with an appropriate sweetness.

This is a soft playful yet slightly mature fragrance. It starts out as mildly sweet, creamy floral fragrance. The vanilla smells borderline edible but stops right before being like the rest of the over-the-top vanillas in women's fragrances.

After a few minutes of wearing it, something gets a little smoky (but not nasty and offensive like Aventus). I think it's the combination of oud and cedar? Even though there is a smoky accord, it's not masculine by any stretch.

It's not a hyper-feminine women's fragrance (candy, sugar, super-fruity). I feel comfortable and confident. The fragrance lasts a really long time. I bought the 2-piece gift set from Walmart.com for $20. Excellent blind buy for me.

I absolutely recommend this as a signature fragrance for someone ascending from the likes of cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill, fruity candy bombs known as celebrity fragrances.

themattsky

Ok I was so wrong. I wrote my previous comment after only one sniff. I sprayed it again after a few hours and I really like it! I guess sometimes you have to give perfumes a second chance!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

First of all no comparisons to original Truth or Dare - this is a completely different fragrance. It stands alone and it is fabulous. I love the resinous warmth, the balmy, sandalwood and honey goodness that wraps you like a cashmere blanket. It is a perfect winter fragrance that warms the heart and soul. And I bought it at my local Beauty Base for £6.99 right now that's about 9 euros or 10 dollars. Best bargain ever so will be stocking up as that price must mean it's discontinued. Shame, I wish more celebrity scents were this good.

themattsky

I love the original Truth or Dare but this one is too girly and sweet. It smells like artificial vanilla, like Britney's Curious in control or V&R Bon Bon

Niunia
Niunia

It's florally sweet and minty fresh at the same time... I can smell something close to menthol or eucalyptus. It's not the typical sweet girly frag. It's not enough for me ( not sweet enough, not heavy enough) but it smells nice and in wormer months I'll use it as a daily fume.
And I can't find anything similar to Joop in this... and Joop stays on the podium as my nr.1 in heavy fumes

Mirabele
Mirabele

I purchased this one because it has a reputation of being good for the price it is sold for, and because it contains the notes I usually like and no notes i dislike. I was very glad after first testing that I liked it a lot. I considered it being my best blind buy so far.

I changed my mind after second testing.

I am not a fan of pure florals in general, and this one is a bit too floral for me, especially in the opening. I am saying this because I am a woody perfume type of girl. I do agree that TOD Naked is a floral woody as it is classified here. It is sweet and rich, but not too overly gourmand. I do not smell any musk here though. I do not find it spicy either.

The opening and middle notes reminds me actually a bit of Roberto Cavalli EDP; which I like too, but find it a bit difficult to wear for everyday. TOD Naked seems to be more versatile and more suitable for daytime wear.

After second testing I realized, the opening and middle notes are too heavy on vanilla. The combination of vanilla and cacao makes it sweet and gourmand and this is a deal breaker for me. This part smells a bit synthetic to me as well and makes me remember how little i paid for it.

Longevity seems to be good, i get about 4-5 hours with light application and still smell it softly lingering on myself after 6. Sillage soft.
The drydown is pleasant warm soft woody ambery scent.

Overall I find this to be lovely scent. A bit generic and similar to many others out there and not so original, but truly worth to have for that price. I am giving up for now but will be giving it some few chances later to see wheter I still think the same.

Try if you like warm sweet vanillic ambery florals in your perfume. Test before you buy if you do not like sweet dessert smells in you perfume.

Kione
Kione

Don't shout at me, but, I sprayed this this morning and it reminds me A LITTLE of my beloved Stephanie (from the 90's and discontinued) but of course in a modern way... I am totally in love with this perfume right now, for day or night sun and rain, it just goes with anything!

Edit: I love how the shape of the bottle fits perfectly on the mobile phone pocket inside my handbag!

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 7.5/10
Here's Why:
Light but heady, this 'spray' has nothing in common with the original. This one is great for warm weather, I actually purchased this on a recommendation from a other male friend of mine who wore this as a base, under some heavier hitters. I do not use this as a standalone, since this feels more like a body mist to me.
It always adds a little warmth to whatever i'm wearing and its quite nice.
When i did wear this on its own it came off a little unrefined and plastic smelling. Good bang for the buck, and works very well with other fragrances to notch up the warmth factor.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I love wearing Truth Or Dare Naked by Madonna. I don’t compare it to Truth Or Dare, her first release, so I’m not disappointed in any way. It’s composition is entirely different.

It’s rich in its’ feeling, thick and balmy. It has an ample balsamic presence that borders on sweet, earthy and quite seductive. The benzoin is syrupy but not sticky or resinous. There’s a nuttiness that mixes in against a backdrop of faint woods courtesy of the oud to give Naked a strong spicy Mediterranean feel. Honeysuckle offers a delightful warm, fruity-filled, honey compote in the initial offering that’s wrapped in delightful spices. The oud is balanced with the combination of other notes and is blended well and doesn’t stand out alone.

I’ve worn this floral woody musk mostly in the colder and cooler weather because it is strong and could be rather cloying in the summer heat. Naked lasts for hours for me and I’ve received many compliments while wearing it. This is a rare bottle in my stash of perfumes that is already 1/2 empty because I enjoy wearing it often.

patxaran
patxaran

I had blind bought Truth or Dare Naked based on the note and reviews. Initially I was set aback, all I could think was "too much". It didn't strike me as sophisticated but rather as being hit over the head with a boozy sweet sandalwood chunk. I tried to wear it perhaps twice and ended up thinking I would sell it or give it away. Then I started experimenting with layering. Now I know the true purpose of this juice in my wardrobe. It is the warm sweet canvas that blends fabulously with a wide range of scents, from woody smokey ones (think Encre noire) to arabian attars. Thanks to Suhaesa's layering advice I have been layering this today with AR Saat Safa and Rochas Femme and the result was mindblowing. So all of a sudden, this made "sense" and for the first time, underneath these two powerhouse fragrances, I could detect the tiny bit of oud that's present in TOD Naked. Weird. I could not smell the oud when I tried the scent on its own. If you are not keen on oud but like sandalwood and boozy sweet scents you might well appreciate Truth or Dare Naked. If you find it too sweet....go ahead and get layering, you won't regret.

suzrwin
suzrwin

With all the rave reviews, I guess I had a little higher expectations for this 'fume than I should have. It's not that I'm SUCH a perfume snob--I have many budget minded perfumes in my collection that I truly enjoy. I just thought this would be...more.

Naked starts out with a huge blast of honeysuckle and orange blossom that is on the edge of cloying. Just a tad too sweet for my tastes, but then I've never been a big boozy honeyed perfume fan. Fortunately, it does start to settle down fairly quickly, and ultimately it ends with a fairly pleasant sueded sandalwood that I quite like. But, none of the components feel truly quality...they are rather synthetic and lacking depth. I guess on a hamburger budget, I shouldn't have expected steak.

On the plus side, this is not just another generic 21st century white flower perfume. Not a cheap watered down jasmine in sight. It is truly a bargain, as it can be had for under $15. For that price, it is worthy if you like your florals big and boozy to start with a softer woodsy drydown. For bargain celeb perfumes, I'd rather take my honeysuckle a la Wonderstruck or vintage Chloe, but to each their own, right?

noonbob
noonbob

I'm so proud of Madonna for coming out with a perfume that is amazing as this !

You can so imagine her smelling like this :)
I love perfumes with Benzoin and this is the one that got me addicted in the first place.
Just picture strong, sexy, powerful, independent woman and that is what this perfume is.

Very long lasting and sillage is great.
In about two years I have gone through four 50ml bottles of this. They were very cheap and it's why I was shocked at how good it smells. I paid £10.

If you don't already have it, buy it. You can not argue at the price it is going for. One of my most used in my collection.
I actually need to order more because I am running out :(

susannea

Ah ha! 5 hours after my first post. Grabbed by my girlfriends last night, who buried their noses in my neck, "you smell amazing" taking deep breathes into my jumper! Interesting.

frittsjones
frittsjones

I get a very rich, soothing opening from this. Then comes a very mild minty chocolate. It is not too sweet or too minty. More of a rich smell. Then the mint fades and I'm just left with a light hint of chocolate with a very subtle, but rich scent. I like it a lot, but hard to describe.

susannea

Agree with Mabelcruet. Sweet, sickly, sour, milky vanilla with strange high notes of resiny mouthwash or cough medicine. A dead ringer for Strenesse for me which I had to give away as I couldn't stomach it. This is my first spray and I LOVE the original Truth or Dare so much that I don't want to give up just yet. May post again.

mendosita
mendosita

I like the original version of Truth or Dare, but this one is even better! It is soft, elegant, very feminine. It's like a cashmere scarf in a bottle ;) The scent wraps you and keep you comfortable all day long. Longevity is amazing, sillage is great.
Very very good fragrance.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Bought blind because of the reviews, but I don't like this at all unfortunately. The top notes on me are 'greasy' rather than creamy. I don't get any neroli. I get sweet and rather sickly vanilla with an undertone of chemicals, almost like a mouth wash. Its too sweet for me initially, and then it turns sort of rancid. Honestly, its really unpleasant for me-maybe I have odd body chemistry. Disappointed, seeing as though so many people love it.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

I already have the original truth or dare in the white bottle and like it a lot because it's heaving with creamy tuberose!

This was a blind buy and at first spray it felt very generic and mainstream. The vanilla is very prominent and normally im not a huge vanilla fan unless there's an exciting twist with it ( eg like in Midnight Poison). Vanilla scents seem to be two a penny these days.
I still had a heavy head cold so decided to set it aside and revisit it when my sinuses were not so clogged.
Im glad i did! Would you believe me if i said this reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Alien Essence Absolue without the jasmine bomb? It smells complex, sensual and expensive. Every time i smell my wrist i get a different note- sometimes sandalwood, sometimes oud, sometimes vanilla. Like a beautiful jewel sparkling in the light. Magical!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Gah! This is a stunner. I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do. It's creamy and sweet without being sugary. It's orchid petals dipped in hot cocoa. So very pretty. It's not strong or overwhelming, it sits close but leaves a lovely trail. Longevity is 6 hours, longer on clothes. Sprayed a scarf to test it two days ago and it's still lingering.

It reminds me a lot of Kate Walsh Boyfriend, though not the exact same - this is definitely more floral. Truth or Dare Naked has a similar ambery/balsamic feel, yet it's much lighter and without the smoky, thick buttery aspect I get from KWB. I honestly like TorD Naked more. It's calmer and smells more like perfume than a room spray (compared to KWB).
Have to thank @jenniferlincoln for this bad boy. Love it!

auroramaria

I bought this unsniffed just the other day and got it for a song but this is just amazing stuff!!
On me it's kind of sweet and sofisticated with a soft note of aoud.Benzoin and cocoa mix very well in this fragrance leaving it feeling smooth and creamy.
Today I wore this to work and three of my female collegues told me I smelled gorgeous so eventually I had to write down the name of the fragrance for them.
but I guess they'll have a hard time getting it as it is discontinued and quite difficult to find.
Excellent sillage and about 12 hours longevity on skin

Coconut, tropical flowers, a weird synthetic perfume note. It's okay and I actually even kind of like it, but it's not really a good perfume. It smells like chemicals and things used to scent makeup and soaps. Still, it's feminine for all of that, like a brash woman who wears too much loud perfume but who is still the center of attention as soon as she enters a room. Not my personality, but still an interesting scent. My husband is gonna hate it.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Thick heavy bezoin and vanilla. Turned mentholated on my skin :(

collectyourdead
collectyourdead

What is this fabulous composition? It had me quite interested from the first whiff.
Stunning!

*7/10

•Edit (April 2015):
This scent did the opposite of grow on me. Instead, I got more tired of it and liked it less with every application. But don't get me wrong, it's quite nice and I'd admire it on anyone who chose to wear it, but it's not for me personally.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is a little gem <3, I found it at one of my local stores for such a funny price that I don't even want to mention it. This is a beauty, if I didn't know which perfume it was, I would confuse it with something of a niche.

I have to say that for the most part I completely avoid celebrity fragrances, there have been a few that I absolutely love, but I can count them on one hand, this is one of those perfumes.

The bottle it self is gorgeous, I'm not too crazy about the cap ( it's a bit cheap looking and it's plastic covered in gold, kind of tacky ). But, since the price is so funny, it's nothing to complain about, everything else in this fragrance is perfection.

I smell smooth benzoin, cacao, with something sweet and flowery underneath it all. I don't smell any Aoud initially ( thank god ), but as it dries down, like hours later, I begin to smell a tiny bit of aoud, which to me smells like a decomposing dead body ( I have an insane sense of smell and aoud to me, smells just like a dead body laying in the morgue ). But like I already said, this smell only comes out after hours of great stuff, so no biggie.

distortech
distortech

This is one of my favourite perfumes ever made. A few sprays on the skin and fabric will last all day plus some - extraordinary. The oud note is very sexy and when mixed with subtle cocoa and the top florals, it makes for a very sensual experience. The final woody vanilla dry down is one of the best I have come across. Long story short, this is much, much more than just another cheap celebrity throw away and forget till the next celebrity of the minute comes around scent, this is truly a classic. Oh, and this fits men just as well, if not better, as women. It's very alluring in cold winters and translates well into what's going on in the warm indoors...let your mind wander. Conversely, it works just as well in inverse.

Well done. Very, very well done.

fighter
fighter

Mixed feelings here.

This is a soft long lasting fragrance composed mainly by a sweet accord (benzoin, cacao & vanilla orchid) tight with a very noticeable balsamic woodsy base (Texas cedar, sandalwood & oud).

Top notes are all flowers but to me they come out like a weird green smell that fades away quickly to leave space to the others ingredients listed above.

Like many other people here I think this perfume could be considered unisex and can be easily worn also by men. It reminds me a lot Givenchy's Pi.

Overall I am not satisfied as I was expecting something more sweet, warm and feminine. For this reason I prefer the original "Truth or Dare".

Kamicha
Kamicha

Nice! This reminds me a lot of Joop Le Bain, but less on-your face, less soapy, less "femme" than Le Bain - and though all those were "less than" - the scent might be "more of" - at least for me.

I think that scents like this with almost equal measures of floral and balsamic/woody notes are hard to come by - but very nice to actually wear. ToDN opens with beautiful but fleeting honeysucle aroma. Neroli makes a beautiful appearance in this - and the sweetness of benzoin is more understated than most of that cheap vanillic sweetness, so familiar from run-of-the-mill celebrity scents. I don't get much oud out of this, but there is nice woodiness on the base. A slight powderiness, too, can't exactly put my finger on it.

I don't really know how cocoa flower or vanilla orchid actually smell like (hmm, I do have vanilla orchid plants - very difficult to get blooming in this side of the earth) - but I like the floral accord of ToDN quite a bit - and I'm not really huge fan of florals. Definitely agree that confident man could pull this off. Not saying that this one is masculine, it just avoids the conventional male/female cliches of perfumery.

Both scents by Madonna would have probably benefited of slightly more upscale branding. This scent would be a brilliant one with quality ingredients - and perhaps some slight work tweaking the details. Bottle is beautiful, too, a more expensive price group would have probably allowed elimination of the visible seams of pressed glass.

Anyway, I'm happy to have this one in my collection. Long lasting, moderate to heavyish sillage depending on the trigger heaviness of your fingerrrrrr...

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a great little scent for the money. When L'occitane stopped producing L'Iparie and Amber in the little 13 quid bottles I was disappointed as they racked up the prices for similar scents. This is a gentle but sexy vanillic amber and whilst it may not stand next to the greats, the sillage and longevity weren't too bad on me and it makes a decent substitute for the others I've named. It also lacks the mean 'cleanness' of so many modern 'sleb' scents.

lirael00
lirael00

Is this really Madonna? I was schoked when I learned that this frag was coming from Madonna. I always imagined her smelling more like leather and musk then vanilla and cacao. Anyway, I totaly adore this fragrance. It's so warm and kind, I can totaly imagine wearing it to a Christmas dinner. It reminds me of apple pies, cinnamon sticks, hot chocolate... everything that is delicious and makes us happy. Charming!

Dara813
Dara813

I am going to try and not be biased because I LOVE Madonna. I am talking the Madonna who starred in Desperately Seeking Susan, the one who sang Burning Up in the nightclubs of New York City, the Like A Virgin Madonna. I grew up in the 80's and I was obsessed with her; I mean to the point where I was a different version of her for Halloween 5 years straight. Anyway, to me, her first fragrance smells like THAT Madonna. Quirky, bold, and in your face. It smells like the 80's; maybe it's the tuberose.

But this...is the Madonna we know in Like A Prayer and A League of Their Own, the grown up Madonna - a little darker, more mature, but still eccentric and daring.

Anyway, this is gorgeous. This is what I wanted Beyonce's Midnight Heat and Rihanna's Nude to smell like. It is spicy, rich, and feminine at the same time. It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on what. If it comes to me, I will edit this review.

All in all, this one smells like the 90's and the first one is very 80's in my humble opinion. If you've smelled the first one and think it's a bit much, I highly recommend this flanker!

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Considering the first Truth or Dare is an absolute beast for sillage and longevity, this is so soft.... Too soft!
Yes it's beautiful, but this is probably the weakest perfume I own. A true skin scent with no trail. On the plus side, it's dirt cheap. If you're into re spraying I highly recommend it, it's perfect for winter. It's creamy, sweet, spicy and a little woody.
I've since tried layering it with the original, they work well together :)

Tine1world
Tine1world

Amazing. I have a love hate relationship with this fragrance. It has to worn at the right outdoor temp and it's not warm. That's for me. My skin and My schnozz. It's rather spicy and almost even though the ingredients differ to what so many other here have pointed out; and I have that fragrance too. This and 'Roberto Cavalli's' EDP are very much alike. Cheers T.

Bublegum
Bublegum

I really didn't expect that much of this perfume, especially thinking it is a celebrity one. But this was such a pleasant surprise. It is one of my best cheap scents that I have. To me as well it is different to the "Truth or Dare" but I prefer this one. (I am not that big tuberose fan anyway). Yes it reminds me of something but I cannot remember what. It also brings a resemblence to Armani Code and to Amor Amor as others mentioned before. But I really don't care whether it lucks originality or not, since it is so cheap, but it doesn't smell cheap. And of course, since I cannot remember what it reminds me anyway. I think I will make it this winter's everyday fragrance. Unfortunately it doesn't have the sillage of "Truth or Dare", so for me it is a day perfume (well we have big and cold winter here and night comes at 16:00 so no problem).
It didn't have the apple cider reaction at my skin at all. It was warm, cozy and nice from the begining. Vanilla orchid, benzoin and sandalwood are the most distinct ingredients. I could smell the cocoa at the drydown though.
I give the smell 8.5/10.
Longevity s about 8 hours and sillage is moderate.

MsBacall
MsBacall

I adore this perfume. It is delicious and affordable. At first the smell reminded me of apple cider or something. Funny, since there is no apple accord or anything in this parfum. This was before I spritzed it on my skin, mind you. This parfum does amazing things on the skin. It is sexy and sophisticated. It is long lasting and dries down to a spicy vanilla caramel loveliness. I wear it to work and to bed. It is comforting and interchangeable. I love adaptability in my perfumes.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

A well made perfume. It's sweet and balsamic. It's a more mature fragrance and classy. The bottle is nice. This is perfect for any season. Versatile.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Nice scent, not that mature. The first spray smells like chocomania by The Body Shop and the dry down smells like a blend of Amor Amor by Cacharel and Viva La juicy by Juicy Couture with a cocoa twist. Sillage is not good but its ok we talk about Naked version ! Very good price for 75ml stuff.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

This perfume is what I always hope perfumes with a honey note to smell like. It's a warm, spicy, sweet (but not cloying) scent that reminds me of cream soda or apple cider. I can't get enough of it. Impressive longevity too. Very successful blind buy.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Truth or Dare Naked is so beautiful, but boy when they added that word "Naked" they MEANT IT!!! This is definitely a skin scent. The original Truth or Dare is such an explosive sillage monster that it shocked me how mild Naked comes across.

Someone mentioned a resemblance to Viva La Juicy and I definitely agree. Not an exact copy but similar. They share that smooth, sweet like honey quality. As Naked dries down I can also smell a resemblance to Twilight Woods. I would say out of all the notes listed for Truth or Dare Naked the one that stands out the most is honeysuckle, which is just intoxicating to me.

Naked is sexy in a subtle way. It will draw someone in closer.... And closer...

Jasmine2024
Jasmine2024

I am getting used to this perfume, it is not my usual scent I wore it on a day I had to confront someone- seemed to be ideal for that! It's not pretty and soft, it last for so long and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The bottle looks like a flask.

courant
courant

I didn't buy Truth or Dare original as Fracas and Songes meet my penchant for the tropics or anything sultry. Naked is very similar to Halle Berry's namesake perfume, a celebrity frag all the way. This has little to redeem it, has been discontinued, so no need to bag it further.

pinnock22

chri5tin3 I ordered mine from Debenhams so it should be real. I just think it doesn't suit my skin

peferrarine
peferrarine

I'm reading a lot of reviews saying that this has nothing to do with the original.
Well, i DISAGREE.

The same kind of floral, just turn down a little bit with a twist from the warm spices.
The Lilly of The Valley and the Orchid gives me a little aquatic floral vibe (same as the original, but not as strong).
The warm spices here keeps it more grounded than the first one. Reminds me a lot of Seductive Amber, with the warm vibe mixed with the floral (the difference being the VS fragrances smells like a soapy version of Naked).

Like a woman wearing the original baking some vanilla-cinnamon cookies.

Overall, you can totally get that this one is a flanker from the first one. The same core, the same soul, only directed to a different crowd. Maybe not brothers, but very close cousins.

cicciosam
cicciosam

Naked?? mmmhh !! I think I still have smelled this fragrance somewere ...

- As I already said it is not so much original as the first one ...

- It is too woody for me and it is not strong and heavy as the fist 1 ...

- Is not floral but spicy ... good for the winter and fall .

- When I first got it I really wanted to turn it back ...

if you go original, don't loose time with this perfume but buy the first one ;)

chri5tin3

Pinnock22 - Maybe you have a fake? This lasts over 12 hours on me, it is REALLY strong and sexy

florabella
florabella

I have seen this fragrance at Shoppers Drug Mart every now and then, check their fragrance shelf that is $19.99. Some worthwhile scents turn up there.

Alysha
Alysha

I would like to try this, or buy... Does anyone know where in Vancouver Canada this one is sold? I haven't seen it anywhere.

pinnock22

Wow I just got mine in the mail and sprayed it on my wrist and there is literally no scent to it. smells like a watered down after shave that vanishes in 5 seconds.no wonder places are selling it so cheap these days. I was really looking forward to the chocolate spicy scent. :(

Edit: ok I take my first line back, once this settled into my skin I could smell the warm spicy smell people are talking about. its wonderful and all but doesn't project or last longer than an hour, but I don't mind reapplying as the perfume is inexpensive.
I've been wearing it for 2 days now and had nothing but complements so other people must be smelling it haha

dododo
dododo

We're having an unseasonably cold August this year.
So I was looking through my perfumes for something warm and comforting and stumbled upon this. I bought this at the beginning of summer and thought it was OK.
The weather being colder now, I think it's more than OK, it's absolutely gorgeous!

I don't care much for the opening, it's just random white flowers on me. Thank goodness this only lasts about 10 minutes!
After that I get leather, benzoin and spicy woods. Benzoin just agrees with my chemistry. So yeah, this I love. The drydown is the best thing though. Boozy salted caramel with a hint of spice, chocolate and leather. LOVE!

Also, I get tons of compliments when I wear this. I've asked what it smells like and people always say it smells sexy and expensive. Nobody believes me when I say it's a perfume that's just costs 11 euros :-)

This could well become my signature winter scent.

gashdown
gashdown

Lovely skin scent. Something for cuddling up with your boyfriend all day whilst wearing nothing but one of his shirts. Or maybe something to spritz on your woolly jumper when you're making mulled wine, spiced cider and pecan pie.
Basically for pretty much the same use I'd have for something from Bath and Body Works like Twilight Woods, Cashmere Glow or Sensual Amber. But right now it's in the same price range and is of slightly better quality so that's what I bought.

mudpach
mudpach

Yes, I caught it! Yes, I'm a huge Madonna fan and I'm a perfume lover and yes I love the first Truth or Dare. In Europe we can't find this fragrance but finally I could buy very cheaply. This is adorable, addictive, sexy and womanly. Warm spices, hot flowers and sweet oud everywhere.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

Imagine a woman who would have been the epitome of elegance in the early 2000s and looks cheap and outdated wearing expensive designer clothes from 20 seasons ago :). That's what Naked smells like. I agree to the idea that this flanker is Madonna's way of apologizing for her truly daring first frag, that may have been a shock to noses rather accustomed to bubblegum traded as celebrity signature scents. She tried a vanillic-balsamic formula that is no stranger to the love of crowds. Unlike the Fracas lovers niche that was both enthusiastic and doubtful regarding Madonna's first attempt of conquering the world of scents, fans of Naked will say it is precious and lovely at the same time, while being safe and not overly cloying. I cannot help but compare Naked to Gaga's Fame, for they are both disconcerning and posess rather illusory qualities: strong first bursts, poor sillage and longevity. Don't get me wrong: I like Naked. It will be a great early September choice, with its sweet minty aura and the soothing, balsamic feel. But, when compared to the original, it is a disappointment. I had such high expectations...
P.S.: overall, it is a nice (is nice enough?), smooth and a bit playful vanilla, go for it if you enjoy this note

chri5tin3

The best $19 I have ever spent. This scent is GORGEOUS, so smooth and ambery, spicy, sweet, woody, sexy. Naked is one of those perfumes that goes on loud, then settles into your pores like a second skin. All day long this baby keeps creeping up on you, I've gotten over 12 hours with it. I've also noticed that it smells better and obviously projects better when your skin is warm, it smells best and lasts longest in the crook of my neck and on the inside of my elbows. Oh, and it is almost a dupe for Hilary Duff's With Love, I noticed the similarities almost immediately and so did a friend of mine when I stepped into her car. However, Naked is more mature, tolerable and longer lasting. Ladies, treat yourself and try this!

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

I found this on sale today for $19 Aussie. Wow - first prize for best bargain buy this year . It always makes me cringe a little how many of these frags end up costing a pretty penny . I guess that's the nature of the business right .
I ended up ripping it open on my way home and sprayed it over my SOTD Al Oudh , the two together make quite a match . This will be getting quite a bit of use in the last few weeks of winter here and I just want to add the bottle is stunning !

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

I just got this one at TJ Maxx for $10! A really good deal for this scent! I already owned the original Truth or Dare, and was interested to see if this one would smell similar to the original. Be forewarned, this scent bears absolutely no similarities to the original, they're two completely distinct and separate scents!

That being said, I think this is a very warm and spicy scent with a lot of fruit in it. There's something mature and fun about this scent at the same time. The balsamic, woody, and spicy notes make it more mature and the fruitiness of it lightens it up a bit and makes it more fun! This scent is way less mature overall than the original, more suitable for a younger crowd. I have to say, I really like this scent, and I would gladly get another if I had the opportunity!

acwalsh1
acwalsh1

I love this scent , again it reminds me of something but just cant pin it
Sensual warm and bold this is the best blind buy ive made so far , it makes me smile when i spray this on lasts really well on me ♡it

chanel4747
chanel4747

It reminds me of Roberto cavalli nero absolute but no longevity at all. I loved it so much and I though it would last like truth or dare, but I was very disappointed. It is warm spicy in the beginning and after 30 minutes turn to sweet spices and then disappears. I gave it to my mum, thought maybe it stays longer on her skin because lots reviewed it has a longlasting effect. Sillage very close to skin.

Hellita
Hellita

Well done, Madonna! I have a weakness for benzoin and agarwood (oud) and this is blended very well. Pleasant fragrance.

Aeris
Aeris

I think that this was intended to be a (younger, lighter) dupe of Coco by Chanel. Madonna already said she was inspired by Fracas on her original Truth or Dare Fragrance. And it is similar, just lighter and sweeter. T or D Naked seems to be inspired by Coco in the same way, whether Madonna will admit to this or not.

Daniela75
Daniela75

This perfume is so different to the first "Truth or dare". It's a blind buy because it wasn't distributed in Europe but I'm happy!On my skin I can detect benzoin, caramel, vanille and cocoa. So sweet, greedy and warm. The drydown is very interesting. It's minty, spicy and Woody, you can get a masculine aroma. So, dear men, you can wear it!
I think that this perfume is perfect for Autmn. "Naked" reminds me a 50% "Armani Code" and a 50% "Venezia" by Laura Biagiotti.

Blacktideatdawn
Blacktideatdawn

To my utter shock, this is a totally different perfume to the original Truth or Dare perfume, This isn't a simple add heavier top notes or swapping the one or two notes from the original. A total makeover which I have to say is 100 times better then the original. I love Madonna and when she officially released Truth or Dare I was excited, the woman doesn't do things by half as we all know! but the overpowering floral notes which has now lead to my hate of Neroli has sadly meant the bottle has been pushed to very little use now. This new version of Truth or Dare is such a highlight now I reach out for it far more then I have ever done for Truth or Dare original. I read that Neroli has been used again for this but I can not detect it at all, its a wonderful fresh sweet spicy mix of Honey, earthy tones, Peach and vanilla. Lingers on my skin for most of the day and I can only hope Madonna continues to deliver such quality from this perfume in many more new perfumes.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Not a Madonna fan, so I don’t seek out her perfumes. I tried “Truth or Dare” and found it to be a candy-sweet floral. “Naked” promised to be a heavier perfume with the presence of the sandalwood. Indeed, it started out as a rather rich floral for the first 10 minutes; sandalwood, peach blossom and neroli—fragrant, but not too “flowery”. Then, a very bold floral note popped out—I assume it was the vanilla orchid combined with the benzoin, as it was rich but very sweet, like candied flowers soaked in vanilla. I can’t put my finger on this note, but I’ve smelled it before. It’s not a vanilla like cake or frosting, but rather like vanilla duking it out with a pink flower. At first I thought of sweet peas, but now I see “vanilla orchid” listed and that makes sense, in particular combined with the benzoin.

There is a spiciness that comes out after about 2 hours; I think it may be the cacao and the cedar, but would swear there is coriander here—Naked almost smells like a “pinker” version of RC Oro, without the pepper and less coriander but with a similar spice. As this matures on my skin, the coriander-whatever spice is enhanced, and almost develops an anise-like quality. This is like the love child of RC Oro and ET Ellen! I really don’t smell much sandalwood, although as a sandalwood lover myself I like it in huge doses.
By the end, this is a spicy (coriander-anise) scent.

It has faded to be fairly light, but isn’t an insubstantial scent-it still manages to have some body to it. Sillage low-moderate, longevity about 3 hours and then it’s faded. Interesting and fairly unique, I would recommend this to those who want a light incense, or who love spicy scents that are not foody; or for the pink-floral lovers who want something with a bit of depth.

aber19
aber19

This perfume is extremely soft. It smells exactly like Armani Code Elixir. It is long lasting, I can still smell it after 5 hours. It has a soft, honey, orange scent. I would not buy it as I have just sampled this on my skin. Unfortunately, it is just a copy, and one tries to play it too safe.

817flowers
817flowers

This is a beautiful, light perfume and totally different from Truth or Dare. I do need to apply more of this one, but it has a beautiful soft, ambery scent. I'm not always sure if it is still there, but will smell it throughout the day. I would say it is very feminine and anyone would love it. I am nuts over Madonna's first perfume, but this is a nice choice with that Naked feel! Great bed-time fragrance.

Cochlea
Cochlea

I found a 1.7 bottle of this for less than $10 at my Walmart. This is a warm, woody, sensual scent. The benzoin dominates in this perfume and is followed by the sandalwood. My nose is still new, I am not able to detect the peach blossom, and the honeysuckle as I feel the benzoin smothers them. This is a very deep wood scent because of the sandalwood, cedar and the oud. Madonna is a unisex scent. The longevity is good on my skin (5 hours) but I think that the sillage is too soft for me. I need to have my nose to my wrist to smell it.

lgray96
lgray96

Lets be honest, this fragrance demonstrates Madonna's (perhaps reluctant) transition into the world of mainstream celebrity fragrance - populated by the likes of Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez. While 'Truth or Dare' ended up being a commercial belly flop, it definitely had something interesting to say - even if most of it was a reiteration of Piguet's sublime Fracas. Here, you have a fragrance that wasn't trying to copy anything and ends up smelling (to my nose) like a 50:50 mix of 'Amor Amor' by Cacharel and 'Blue Sugar' by Aquolina. Such is the way with hastily-put-together flankers...
Having said that, apart from a borderline-unpleasant chemical opening, this fragrance does little to offend and would suit a well-scrubbed eighteen year old as she celebrates her coming-of-age out on the town.

(6.5/10)

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

Why do i get the feeling this is exactly what Madonna smells like?

Kaydenhart
Kaydenhart

"MMMMMMMMmmm" is the only phrase I can use to describe this scent! I read the reviews over and over again and noticed that the word "masculine" was used quite a few times. IMO it isn't "masculine" but I think that a confident man could definitely pull it off. I recently received mine, have used it twice (evening events) and have gotten nothing but positive comments. One person stopped to ask what I was wearing then smiled and said "You smell like such a wonderful vanilla". It doesn't smell feminine on me and I'm so happy that I went through with this blind buy. I am definitely going to stock up on this beauty.

Longevity 7/10
Projection 6/10
Sillage 9/10

Scrilla
Scrilla

I was not wowed by this after wanting to try it for a long time. That being said I think it would be lovely on an exotic vacation or at a beach resort. The smell reminds me of cocoa or shea butter that one might slather themselves with at the beach. Very relaxing. Also a polar opposite of the original Truth or Dare.

avonman
avonman

Madonna's T.O.D.NAKED strikes me as a scent that could have been around in the late 70s',somewhere along the lines Of Vintage CHLOE or Vintage HALSTON perhaps, a softer more Modern version of those I suppose, anyway I Really Like NAKED and I think Madonna got this right with it's juicy almost ripe "peachy" opening and slight herbal tones and it's soft sweet amber dry-down that sits close to the skin and deserves the name NAKED, You can tell that Madonna took the Time and Effort to make her perfumes High Quality, you can even See the rich essential oils that were used ,after you spray it on there's a slight Shine on your skin in the dry down, A TRUE EAU DE PARFUM!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,
What can I say about Madonna's naked perfume, well..here it goes.

I was given this perfume since I became a fan of Madonna's Truth or Dare fragrance (the white bottle) and this naked fragrance surely sounded very exotic and sensual by the notes.

Well, I must say, Im not In love nor severely disappointing sincerely with the fragrance of Naked. Its very feminine and it is a tad sensual but extremely soft and inoffensive but it has a "please everyone" kind of scent that will suit practically any female chemistry.
This perfume failed in originality and exoticism, I was hoping for a fine feminine Oud or atleast wild bold Honeysuckles, but I could not detect them in this fragrance at all.
The fragrance did not make me fall in love nor dislike it, I guess it falls into the " fair like" in my book.

This perfume smells pretty but it lacks a iconic aroma which I was expecting more by Madonna with such a provocative title to this perfume, but the scent is very ordinary, pretty and feminine that you can find at Victoria Secret's boutique in their perfume area.
I feel this suits more the general taste of the masses,since this isn't a diva scent. It has that soft, flowery vanilla scent to it that will complement a lot of women and this fragrance is extremely soft and light, very perfect for office and day wear, but blends a lot with your current female fragrances these days.

This perfume is also being discontinued sadly along side its sister Truth or Dare, its sad news to hear ,so if your into vanilla,flowery with a touch of musk scents, this is your gal, good as starter scent or light n casual wear.
Will I wear this again, No..I wont since iam currently looking for a signature scent for the night and day, and Naked by Madonna wont be crown my signature for sure.

The common thread, I think, between this and the original is the benzoin. Both fragrances feature that sort of resinous, candied scent.
There's a strong raw vanilla smell here. Slightly boozy. Not the cotton candy variety of Pink Sugar. In a way, I find the vanilla in Naked to be similar to the sweetness in Flowerbomb. Musky vanillic.
The cacao also has that more floral than gourmand feel. Probably because it's "cocoa flower". Never personally encountered one of those, but I get the idea.
I also smell a significant amount of peach blossom in here. It's very peachy, but not that syrupy peach often found in the compositions of Sophia Grojsman.
Oud is present but balanced nicely by the cedar so it doesn't overtake everything as it's often prone to do.
Overall I'd say Naked is easier to love, and that opinion is affirmed by the votes in comparison to the original. I'm personally a bigger fan of the original, but I love beastly white florals which isn't a genre that's super in fashion at the moment.
I think this is one for fans of Obsession and similar.

leighhannah
leighhannah

Both of the Madonna Truth or Dare perfumes are head and shoulders above the rest of the celebrity scents. This Truth or Dare Naked is completely different from the first, flowery Truth or Dare. It has very good longevity, medium silage, linear, and is a sophisticated scent, woodsy and sweet chocolate with a touch of mint and honeysuckle. I don't know where the mint comes from, but it's there. I do like this better than her other T or D, although I enjoy that too. Unique perfume for a unique woman. She didn't phone these in as someone took some time on this one. The best part is I got it for $15 on amazon.com

enzyme1
enzyme1

I smell heliotropin in this. In general it is quite lovely, very creamy and warming. yes there are synthetic elements in the overall impression, but only if you look for them. Naked does have its own identity even if it is a little mild. I'd say this would sell much better if it was launched as a Dior hypnotic poison flanker, with deluxe flacon and a huge push from the PR department.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This pefume does remind me of Roberto Cavallis with the same balmy vanillic notes and the orange flowers aswell. But to me in this Madonna Nude perfume there is a slight note of pepper and also somthing that to my nose smell a bit like fresh eucalytus , infact the eucalyptus freshnes lingers quit strong on my skin, It is kind of weard mixed with all the warmth
I do get some florals lifing the creation up a bit , the honeysucle and peach blossom softens the sweetenes a bit. But still this is absolutly sweet on my skin,
Initialy my thoughts straight away when i sprayed it on skin was a resemblens to Flowerbombe, but this has slightly more bright florals to it aswell, but it is to me the same type of balsamic perfume.I can not find any trase of Aoud in the creation.. luckely for me cause i cant stand that note anymore
I am not shure if im going to enjoy this perfumes as much as i hoped ,It might be a bit to cloyingly sweet ,almost honey and caramell like in away.
But realy not bad for the price and the fact that this is a Madonna perfume

Majja67
Majja67

I dont know how to begin to describe how much i love this scent! I have read al reviews below and im supprised how different people persive this scent! Some say its the most wonderful thing ever (a fully and totaly agree) and others states that it smell from womit?? We have all different noses and because of what we may conect with a sertian smell far back can later affect how we react to a perfume i guess! I can think of the unhappy girl that associated this scent with memories from school and someones puke, i can guess that it is the prominent and a bit bitter scent from sandalwood combined with a hint of burnt rubber synthetic oud that can be the cause of that! To me its a lovely mostly sandalwoody scent, softned by some benzoin and sweet chocolat. To me the flowers is there but i cant say its this or that flower, i feel a small hint of cedar as well, the oud is only just barely present in the beginning and soon evaporates! My overall impression of this scent is that it is a woody warm, a little bit sweet but the sweetness i well balanced by the a bit bitter woody notes! I also think that this scent is from the beginning to the end fully synthetic ( that dont make it bad!!) and i also believe that woody, warm rounded scent mostly comes from Iso E Super, a substance known from the famous Molecule 1, thats my impression! I think thats why it makes this scent attract both men and women, i think its very feminim but also very unisex, this scent is a very personal scent! Many says a perfum can wear you but this scent, if you like it, YOU wear! It has excellent sillage and great longavity, lasts at least 6-7 hours on me and people notice it on me but its so soft and pleasant so it does not suffocate anyone! After many hites and misses i have finally found MY signature!! (please please let it stay on the market....) Ohh, wanted to say also to the girl that had a bad experience with a fake, you can find it on Ebay UK from Onlinebeautybuys/allbeauty/cheapsmells, they sell the real stuff!!

Annica
Annica

I fell in love with this fragrance from the first sniff. It is my best blind purchase ever. Love it!!

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

This is a powdery, musky, warm vanillary scent... I smell mostly sweet orchid and honeysuckle, fruits, a little creamy wood and amber (even though it's not listed here). I think it is a sensual scent but I wouldn't go so far as to say it smells sexy; it's just light, pretty and a little flirty... something that wont offend in an office environment.

Wonderful! If you have tried RC Nero Assoluto - well, yes they are like sisters but Madonna Naked is more, a lot more. More longlasting, more dark (great), very sexy, a bit sweet, but oud, vanilla and sandalwood are dominant in a good womanish way. Blends perfect with my skin and I love it!

Härlig! Om man har provat RC Nero Assoluto, tja - de är som systrar men Madonna naked är mer, mycket mer. Mer hållbar på huden, mer mörk (superbt), sexig, aningens söt men oud, vanilj och sandelträ är dominanta på ett bra och feminint sätt. Matchar min hud perfekt och jag älskar den!

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

This is so sensual and at the price I bought 3 bottles and lotions. I spray it often. I will be out my supply in about six months. It doesn't last and the top note is alcohol. I use it as a body spray because it fades so quick and I love powerful scents. It works really well layered with CK Obsession and original Truth or Dare. One of my faves ever, lacks longevity, well worth it to buy and then some.

Blissful80
Blissful80

I will probably come back to update this review but this smell so good! I read some reviews on here saying this is masculine sorta...no, no, no its not. To me it smells just like clean skin, like after taking a bath with a nice creamy smelling moisturizing bar...I could definitely wear this everyday as a signature scent. It smells just like the name..I tried Rihanna Nude and it smelled fruity I didn't like it...this on the other hand and smells like perfume not fruity I love both perfumes good job Madonna :) plus I like the bottle its shape is perfect for traveling and applying

celly32
celly32

Reading the reviews of this I really wanna try it now it sounds nice. The first one was awful I wish she'd change these bottles though they look like coffins to me.

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

This was a love at first sniff!
Warm, softly spiced, woody, a bit eucalyptusy(I'm not sure which element this comes from) and creamy . Subtly sweet.....this is scrumptious! I feel that Naked is a great name for this as it does remind me very much of warm skin. Whereas the first Truth or Dare shouted, this one is a come-hither sly whisper....
I have never smelled anything quite like this!

Migotka
Migotka

Well, was this not a pleasant surprise?
The previous creation using Madonna's name was totally not up my alley. I did not have high expectations towards Naked, but some good reviews convinced me to test it. Time and effort not wasted.

While Truth or Dare Naked is maybe not made of the finest ingredients in the world and does not smell awfully expensive, it is nevertheless a well made scent with a nice balance of floral and sweet. It has a honey-like quality to it, thick and sweet, with lots of neroli, honeysuckle and woody undertones. I really enjoyed wearing it and will definitely keep this one for a longer while with me.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just got this out of Walmart. The gift set was on sale for a steal. I had been eyeing it ever since I sprayed the sample on my wrist. I had been obsessing over it and trying to decide to treat myself. I finally did and I am in love! This scent is indescribable and I adore any perfume with benzoin. If you don't have it, I would suggest you get it because you wont regret it!

jtrover
jtrover

I am a man and I wear this. It's perfectly unisex imo. I have never had more compliments on a fragrance in my life by men or women. It doesn't smell feminine on me at all. Perhaps the ingredients just go with your body chemistry? I actually get mildly annoyed by how many compluments I get wearing this. It reminds me of a better, more sensual version of Givenchy Pi for men. This, however, is much better by a mile.

tia t
tia t

I don't understand why so many people associate any perfume that has sandalwood in the base notes or anything else oriental as being masculine? Many people do the same with any perfume that has a deep colour to it. There is nothing masculine about the perfume I would definitely consider this to be actually an extremely gorgeous sexy and very much feminine perfume!

This perfume reminds me of a perfume of the past I just can't put my finger on it. After reading the notes it contains above I can now say in hindsight that I can definitely smell those notes but I still feel it smells quite apricot. Maybe that's what my nose is picking up because of the combination of peach blossom and honeysuckle.

This perfume is delicious - I love it. I get warmth and feminine vibes from it and to sum it up:
-apricot ( what I interpreted from the peach blossom and honey suckle)
- vanilla
- incense (very lightly)
- sandalwood (love love love)

I associate darker juice with old fashioned parfums

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

Is this still being sold? I can not find it ANYWARE!

dboakes
dboakes

Really enjoying this fragrance. Reminds me of a men's perfume I wore in the 90's just can't think what it was?? Anyone have any ideas?

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is so nice, so rich and indulgent. When I first spray it I get an almost minty and masculine aroma. It's very aromatic like lavender and amber together with some cologne, basil and mint. It must be the Oud. It smells very unisex and something to be shared. Then as it dries down it becomes balmy and very warm and mellow.

I find a lot of similarities with Thierry Mugler's Alien Absolue with both having a rich butterscotch feel. I smell the cocoa, oud and benzoin for sure along with a honey amber richness bringing it all together. I find this scent very original as I have never smelt another fragrance that smells exactly like this. It's a big departure from the usual celebrity sticky sweet scents that get mass produced and released every minute.

This is definitely a scent of confidence, ambition and someone not afraid to announce their presence.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

Admittedly, I am not a fan of Madonna's first foray into the world of perfumery (Truth or Dare.) Her second attempt (Truth or Dare Naked) has a totally different vibe than her first perfume and I am really happy about that! Her first perfume was mature, too mature in my opinion, but this one is younger, more unique and easier to wear. It's very warm, smooth, woody, sun kissed with a touch of sweetness and blended perfectly. Easily unisex. I don't get much of the floral notes coming out on my skin and that's fine with me. The lasting power is also quite decent. I was surprised that I liked this so much. I wasn't expecting to. It does not smell anything like a typical celebrity perfume. I read somewhere recently that Madonna was asked when she was going to release another perfume. Apparently she seemed irritated at the thought of it making one assume she was not happy with her entry into the perfume market. It doesn't look like we'll be getting another perfume from her any time soon, if ever. It's a shame really. Truth or Dare Naked is one of the very best celebrity fragrances to be found these days. Unfortunately, it seems as though it's getting harder to find. This one's worth hunting for so if you can find it, take my advice and buy it! Worth every penny!

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

I had high hopes for this one, what with it being fall and the warm, honeyed, woodsy nature of this scent. I snagged a gift set with 3.4 oz bottle and full sized lotion at CVS for $24! Lovely scent, very different from the celeb scents out there but it's practically undetectable on my skin shortly after spraying. I would've felt ripped off paying full price for a perfume with such poor staying power. Sadly, I'm going to have to return.

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

Sweet, seductive and intoxicating with a deliciously creamy quality that just wraps you in its warmth. So impressed, I bought a backup bottle!

TheCountess
TheCountess

This is beautiful! It's sexy, seductive and warm. The cacao and orchid feel like velvet on my skin. If you can, layer it with the body lotion. One of the best blind buys I have done.

perfumeholic88

You cannot find it anywhere in Europe. I´m looking for it since it was realised and it´s not possible to get it anywhere else then US

I finally bought it!!

bea_lll
bea_lll

Where I can find this in Europe?
This perfume is lovely!

astamm62
astamm62

Just got the gift set today from CVS...I really like it,a perfect fall scent.It is cozy,snuggly fragrance.Also like her first one,both are so different.Very happy with both scents!

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

This was a total surprise. I had passed over this one many times but today, providentially, it was on offer so I stopped to have a quick spritz. It stopped me in my tracks. Must have been a devine appointment.
I immediately liked this one. A smooth honeyed, warm, earthy perfume.
I am intrigued by this perfume, partly because it reminds me of something a great lady from my childhood wore (grateful for any suggestions here!). She had great taste in perfumes and it was on her dresser that I first saw many of the classic perfumes of the time. There's something modern, yet timeless about this fragrance.
OK, lasting power is not great on me but I will live with it quite happily.

I immediately liked this one. A smooth honeyed, warm, earthy perfume.
OK, lasting power is not great on me but I will live with it quite happily.

tinkamichaldaniels
tinkamichaldaniels

Madonnas Nude perfume is beautiful,luxury,warm,completly diferent as the first one.My choise for autum.

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

This perfume is still a Macy's exclusive and is available online through Macy's. In my observation, "exclusives" usually have a set duration and afterwards the perfume is more widely distributed. I too would really like to test this!

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

There is so much character in this one. This one feels more Madonna to me than the original Truth or Dare - which was notoriously compared to Fracas but I love anyway. (The original Truth or Dare smells more Madonna's mom than Madonna.) This one's a very unique scent and sits on the fence of androgyny. On spraying, it feels gives off a balmy/minty vibe with a mix of vanilla creaminess. It calms down very slowly, but stays on the skin for a long time. The sillage is also great but it's nice in that it's not loud and offensive. It's rather welcoming actually.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

This is not at any Macys nearby my home in California, USA. You can find it on ebay. But I wonder where else? I feel like it came and went!

perfumeholic88

It´s true. This scent is immpossible to find ANYWHERE in Europe. Can´t understand why?!

coockie
coockie

Please, can anyone help me?
Where can I find this perfume here in the UK?

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

Wow! This is intoxicating and sweet. First spray is a blast of grape jelly, tooth ache sweetness. Cocoa and vanilla orchid round out the top, mellowing the grape jelly. The only thing I think this has in common with Madonna's first fragrance is the potency and lasting power. Over sprayed this could be a real head ache inducer, but it truly is uniquely sweet, rich floral. This was love at first smell!

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

Tested this today and thought it was interesting indeed. There is a distinct caramel at the start that I loved. The spicy woody dry down lost me a little though. It would be nicer layered with a simple warm vanilla. Overall it's not bad. It's a like for me..

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

as a fan of the original truth and dare this one sounds just as good as the original! I'm curious to get my hands on this next! if it has vanilla in it I'm sold I love vanilla PERIOD. Anybody who has this could you message me and tell me exactly how it smells and what it smells like and if it is worth buying it

asher.jessie

This is definitely quite a unique scent. I've never smelled a fragrance quite like this before. I'm a huge fan of the original Truth or Dare, and a huge fan of Madonna too. When I bought this, I'll admit, I wasn't too crazy about it.

It was winter when I bought it, and it smelled so odd and sterile on me in the icy dryness of a Kentucky Winter.

Now that it's hot and humid, I decided to try it out again to see if I could kindle some adoration for this, since Madonna is my everything.

HEAT BRINGS OUT THE BEAUTY OF THIS FRAGRANCE.

On my skin, it's a sweet, balmy, myrrh-esque second-skin of benzoin, sandalwood, and cacao. NOT chocolate. People really need to do their research before they start talking about the notes, because anyone that's ever smelled a cacao flower would know that that's what gives this perfume that beautiful, unique edge. Cocoa flower does not smell like chocolate, just as peach blossom does not smell like peaches.

Essentially, it's a floral, balmy sandalwoody benzoin fragrance. Totally unique, very different from anything else I've ever smelled, and truly an underrated masterpiece.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I bought this online and just recieved it in the mail this morning. I have only been wearing it about 30 minutes but I had to write an initial impression, and will update after I have worn the fragrance for a while -

Truth or Dare Naked is wonderful so far. I can get a hint of the peach blossom and just a little of the clean neroli, but overall the fragrance is warm, slightly spicy, and definitely balmy. The cacao definitely makes a big impression. I expected it to be maybe a little more "chocolatey" but it is more of the unprocessed version of cacao (whereas Rihanna's Rebelle is more of a processed, foody version, for another celeb fragrance comparison). There is a little bit of a sandalwood note teasing right now, kind of there one second and gone the next, maybe a little foreshadowing of what's to come. There is a round quality about this fragrance - and by that I mean no sharp florals, no notes that really jump out and assault the senses. It is cozy, with just the right balance of sweetness. Soooo very nice! This fragrance started out so well, I can't wait to see how it progresses!

As the weather outside is cool and cloudy, I think this fragrance feels appropriate. Warm, sunny weather wouldn't suit this fragrance well. So far a very solid buy.

UPDATE: After wearing this for the whole day I am still satisfied with my purchase. As time passed the fragrance continued to soften, kind of melting into the skin. I was disappointed that I didn't get more sandalwood on my skin, but that is really my only complaint. The fragrance remained slightly spicy all the way til the end and the slight sweetness (from the floral notes, I presume) from the beginning really faded away over time.

I enjoyed wearing Truth or Dare Naked! I think the name of the fragrance is very appropriate. Great for cool weather as it comes across very cozy to me.

temo
temo

I like this scent. Comforting, woodsy, and soft. I dreaded the original ( too much gardenia) but was delighted to discover this one had no resemblance. The warm woods in the dry down are downright magical!

ErosOphelia

Oh, for those looking to purchase it but can't find it, look on EBAY.

ErosOphelia

I just got this in the mail today. I had ordered it under the impression that because of what was in it, it would make up for the complete disappointment I felt towards the first Truth or Dare. It had done so and more!

Upon smelling it I was incredibly overcome by its sensual blend of scents. The neroli is the first note I noticed and then slowly peach, honey, sandalwood and the copal-esque essence of benzoin. It is simply beautiful! The frangance just blossoms over time.

The packaging is incredibly clean and minimalist- streamlined with an almost relic appearance. Which was surprising and quite the antithesis of the first Truth or Dare's bold, heavy and dark appearance with an impenetrable white bottle. However, unfortunately, the first did not live up to it's branding.

Despite its very woody and earthy notes, this is incredibly shear when worn. "Naked" is a good word for it. "Nude" would've been better. It creates a very warm and alive sensation. Invokes an essence of being suspended in a state of sensual readiness. Well to me anyway.

After a couple of hours of wearing it, its not heavy, over powering or invasive. Even upon first misting yourself with this, this scent just meanders and saunters and lingers hauntingly. It fades and blends in with my chemistry perfectly.

The first should've been called Truth and this one Dare. Although, I recall someone posting an question about wearing them together. They smell absolutely horrible together upon first layer. The gardenia of ToD is incredibly over powering for ToD Naked. But within minutes the neroli and sandalwood even it out and it becomes quite an exotic scent. I did Naked, ToD, and then Naked; 2 parts Naked 1 part ToD. The other way was simply terrible to me.

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

This smells like an expensive version of Twilight Woods by Bath and Body Works and This is the how it was supposed to smell version of BBW TW.

At first spray is a bit "gagging" like my DH says...it is very sweet!!! but not pink sugar, Victoria secret, bath and body works sweet which is good...My 9 year old says this smells like grape juice when I first spay this...I do smell the grapey syrupey note that she talks about....It starts out very fruity which I do not like but the fruity notes tame right away and that's when the warm sweet milky woody notes come out and that's when I fall in love. It has a coconutty vibe.

This is good for the office as it is close to the skin unless you bathe in it and it would still be soft.

I wear this when I want a comfy, comforting, and sweet scent. I think it smells sexy but not sex kitten sexy or mystery woman with red lips and black dress sexy...it's like pretty girl sexy...the sweet pretty girl with the cute outfits and dresses!!!!

I think and woman 20+ can wear this...because who says Grandma's can't be pretty? I know mine is!

this is..also...like your skin scent but better...ideal for cool, warm but not hot weather! I can speak about the longevity on my skin as my skin sucks and perfumes disappear immediately, however, I did spray it in my hair at 7am and it is 6pm and it is still strong!!!!

I like it a lot and I may repurchase.

sheherazade80
sheherazade80

Where can I find it? I'm from Italy and although we do have her first fragrance, for some reason they decided not to sell the second down here! I'd like to blind buy this one? Anyone can help?

bananas
bananas

Normally I detest the whole celeb/pop/rock star foray into the perfumery market so steer clear of these scents...but I gotta say.....

Tried a few sprays one day....went back again...another few squirts....low & behold...few weeks later..more tries...HAD to buy it!!!! Damn it ...it drew me in & WON! I think I shocked myself.
I think this is such a beautiful warm sexy scent, that if it was'nt endorsed by any familiar pop culture icon I would have guessed it to be created by some obscure, niche, boutique perfumer that costs lots of $$$$

I get a slight 'fruity' vibe in the top & middle notes (which must be the peach blossom), but the dry down is an incredibly warm,sweet,spicey,floral ambery musk.
It is a very very comforting scent & I am so so pleasantly suprised & taken by it.

My ONLY complaint is I wish the longevity was better.
But it just means I keep reapplying it at regular intervals to experience all it's facets & note cascade again. Which I don't mind at all.

Madonna...your collaboration in this creation is wonderful!! More respect to you.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I tied it today at Macys, soft and pretty, much better than original version which is stinky insect repellent.

Donaldquick123

One of my all times favorites hands down. This scent to me is very manly smells like a colgne that I cannot think of the name but to me there is nothing feminine about this I smells a lot of sandle wood and ceder wood but this is an amazing perfume try it out u will not be disssapointed 10/10

xXx CHAR xXx
xXx CHAR xXx

I really disliked the first ... I felt that it was a more personal scent that she was going after (Her mother) - it really missed the mass "Madonna" market. Lets face it, there is a overwhelming consensus about what a fragrance with Madonna's name attached should convey. It also appears that we can't talk about the newer NAKED without viewing an opinion on her original TRUTH or DARE.

Okay, on to this scent - I "Think" I like it, I say "Think" because I find it very very subtle, so much so I questioned if I was coming down with a sinus infection. It's very soft and subtle but its a warm spicy kind of subtle, creamy vanilla soft. Kind of a half-way expectation of what you would expect from Madonna. It is all cozy and warm and even though I still see it as coming up a bit shy of the whole Madonna expectation it all in all is a very pleasant elixer. I would give it a ❤❤❤ out of 5.

ScentMe
ScentMe

Yummy Madonna herself as well as her perfumes!

Warm, soft, sweet, cozy. I like this a lot. Its much different than the first Truth or Dare. I smell sandalwood a lot, and benzoin, but no flowers or woods. Without looking at the notes, I would guess there is amber in here. It has a sweet ambery scent, sweet but not sugary. This is definitely on my wish list.

Donaldquick123

I love this scent, it's very masculine smelling to me and kinda a dirty wood smell it's amazing I think :)

yidansheng
yidansheng

osmanthus, jasmine, and nevertheless swirling muguet. This bunch of dirty floral plus some woodsy, thick layer of cocao vanilla and animalic musky tone, booya, this is this perfume.

floral part gets more and more metallic/bloody after 10 mins.

bibiche64

je n'aime pas trop ce parfum trop sucré, écoeurant.
Madonna a fait dans la facilité, elle suit la tendance actuelle sans grande originalité.
Là elle concurrence directement Lady Gaga.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I have to say straight up that I am a Madonna fan from way back and the only reason I bought this is because it is a MADONNA fragrance. I loved the first perfume she did and was particularly attracted to the bottle. I know I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks this, but I was hoping she would release her first fragrance in an intense version! That same bottle for Nude is now clear and unfortunately it just doesn't look all that great. The quality of the glass is pretty budget, and overall it just looks a bit cheap.

The fragrance itself is like a watered down mens' aftershave. It is a nice boozy blend of amber, vanilla and oud, but never becomes as complex as I would like it to be. I've worn it to work and it does last for ages, but something is missing. After the buzz that was her first fragrance, Nude feels like the B-side of one of her singles. Familiar, enjoyable and worth a look but ultimately forgettable and just not all that great.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Oh, Oh, OH....I really love this one! It has excellent sillage and lasting power. If you are a fan of sandalwood you will love this. It is definitely creamy woods, vanilla, and sparkling flowers...as mentioned above. Actually one of the best I've smelled in a while!

bibiche64

introuvable en france. ou peut-on se le procurer ?

Very different from the original, that's for sure. TorD Naked is a nice mixed bag of wood, airy flower fruit blossom, and spices. Again, I am using the term "fruit-chouli" here as it creeps underneath this hearty layer.
The drydown is my favorite part as the scent becomes a mild cinnamony wood with lightand fresh floral accord with the rich plasticky benzoin. Not too sweet, not too heavy (unless you overspray!)
I like how peach blossom gives the fruity floral character too. Everything is just right for me and blends very well together. I find it more unisex and much more enjoyable than her original one and probably will gain more male fans.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

Madonna's Truth or Dare Naked smells more like Rihanna's Nude. The only real diffrence between Madonna's, and Rihanna's is that Rihanna's is more sweet / citrus, and Madonna's is straight up warm spicy / woody. I really like both of them, and I can't chose between the two, because I think they are equally great. Naked is Defintley better than the orginal Truth or Dare, as I did not like it. I really wish she would of put Naked out first Instead, because it's way better. Most of the time I prefer more warm spicy / woody scents, especially this time of year.( Winter )

First of all, nothing in common with Rihanna Nude!!
Very very nice scent, I like Naked, it isn't a tamed version of Truth or Dare, it is a different scent, it smells like a high quality perfume, I am impressed. I kind of knew I would like it, as the first one is to my nose a tuberose bomb,which is fine if you like lots of it, and I don't. Naked has something unique about it, the woods in the heart aren't dry, the scent remains creamy, and seductive, my husband likes it, which is a plus. I think that different note might be the cocoa flower, it is sweet yet a tad bitter, it is really working well. You can tell they worked hard on that scent, it is put together beautifully. The vanilla is also not sickly sweet. I believe the lovers of the original will beat this one down, when it is such an intriguing scent, and vice versa. To be fair, the original was really exclusive for tuberose lovers, Naked has a wider appeal, still it speaks to my senses.
I will add that Naked is not masculine at all.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

when I smelled the Madonna naked, it smelled so familiar to me. I went back around the counter trying to find where I had smelled it, and it was Jimmy Choo, though I'm not sure which tester was out (EDP or EDT, it was not the black bottle)......just didn't think to check, but it smells exactly the same to me as Madonna's Naked. I sprayed two pieces of paper later on after my nose rested, and I literally could not tell the difference between the two.

I like Jimmy Choo EDP and got a bottle for Christmas, so I don't see any reason to buy Madonna's Naked, though I do think it is a lovely fragrance.

griffon
griffon

I was really interested to see how Truth or Dare Naked favored in comparison to Truth or Dare. The notes seemed much more unisex in comparison to the incredibly feminine original, and the bottle looked much edgier and fun.

When I got the fragrance last week I was just as apprehensive to spray it as I was for Truth or Dare. I didn't know if it was going to be as powerful and intoxicating as the original, but after one spritz I was pleasantly surprised.

The peach blossom is evident, yet not as demanding as the gardenia is in Truth or Dare. There is an underlying minty tone that comes out about 5 minutes after the perfume is sprayed, and the scent transforms into a very seductive and actually quite masculine scent. I guess that may be in part of the Agarwood or oud note of the fragrance, but it is terrific. My nose can't really detect any of the other notes at the moment, but 12 hours after spraying it I can still faintly smell it on my wrists.

In regards to it's sister fragrance, Truth or Dare Naked is completely the opposite, a yin and yang comparison when looked at or sprayed side by side. Truth or Dare itself is very powerful, floral, and long lasting while the Naked version is very soft, seductive, and masculine while still containing that longevity. It doesn't have as strong of a sillage as Truth or Dare did, but it is still very pleasing.

In all honesty, I much prefer Naked over Truth or Dare. The bottle is very neat, and the tan liquid that moves inside the glass canister is a sign of the masculinity that resides inside the perfume. I think it's more suitable for men than women actually, but that's just a side note. Truth or Dare was a little too powerful for my taste, and Naked is more my style.

It's always more fun to be naked anyways...

celebrity89
celebrity89

Very understated, soft. Similar notes as Revlon Unforgettable, Cher Uninhibited and Ellen by Ellen Tracy. The tail end contains the scent of Ben-Gay. Benzoin my guess. This is like toilet water that you have to re-apply every 15 minutes. OK frag if you have money to burn. I still love her first fragrance!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I actually like this one better than the first.

This is straight up cocoa butter and a hint of butterscotch. Smells so nice and sweet and beautiful. It starts of a bit strong, though not as strong as the original TorD. The lasting power isn't very good and that's WITH the bodo lotion layered. The original has this one beat, there. I like this bottle and ad more, though. Very nice colored juice. Hope this one sells well enough for Madonna to make a third since I've heard that her first wasn't the massive seller it should've been :(

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Not liking this one so much. Cacao with peach blossom and something oddly sour, cold and metallic that turns into a cheap, medicinal, slightly mentholated (this might be what the' minty' note to some people is) oudh. It makes me feel uncomfortable wearing it because its simply doesnt work with all those ingredients squished together. A lot more mainstream, gourmand and less in your face than the original, but clearly a thoughtless fragrance that was designed to appease the lollipop guild who cant handle the original. No trace of the original here apart from the amber. A weak, uninspiring and careless exercise in perfumery that comes off smelling like sugared up, cacao-tainted ointment. I love the first one but this one deserves a quick burial. P.S. The bottle is clear with dark coloured juice.

leefidan
leefidan

I too much prefer the original Truth or Dare. The notes of the Naked version really sounded intriguing but after receiving mine, I was profoundly disappointed. The scent was subtle and had no lasting power on me; within twenty minutes the scent was barely discernable. Hope they don't discontinue the original version.

asher.jessie

Just bought this at Macys... And I'm ASTOUNDED. Her first fragrance was so classy and womanly, bursting with tuberose freshness and dark class...this one is completely different. It's much lighter, but quite seductive. It's very warm with fresh vanilla, and it definitely sparkles with honeysuckle and musk. It's so unique, the it smells so warm in the cold weather these days. Madonna definitely has another winner this season!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

اگر لباس چرمی خود را در آورد میتواند همانند لوندی وجذابیت دوباره خود را برای خلق مدل و نمایش حرکات و وزش رایحه گرمی بخش کاکائو راحسی دیگر ولی باز مدونا است.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

Who is the numbnut who stated they hate it already. Liar. You have not tried it yet. I'm gonna mark it as a "love" just to balance it out.

ANYhoo, looking forward to testing this, based on the notes alone. Though I must admit, I am not sure what "cocoa flower" is... I'm hoping that that cedar & oud really stand out and carry it all the way down... I'm looking for a good feminine cedar and oud.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Madonna Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Madonna Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked by Madonna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Truth or Dare by Madonna Naked by Madonna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.