Designers » M » Floral « Groups

A La Rose Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women

A La Rose Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women
dislike

A La Rose Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures A La Rose Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures A La Rose Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures

Maison Francis Kurkdjian presents the new women’s fragrance which arrives exclusively on the Japanese market. The perfume arrives after women’s fragrance Feminin Pluriel which also includes roses framed in flowers of iris, violet, jasmine and lily of the valley. Composition of the new fragrance is inspired by Marie Antoinette’s love of roses and a portrait of Marie Antoinette A La Rose painted by Louise Elisabeth Vigée-Lebrun, in which she is holding a rose in her hand.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian A La Rose is composed of two sorts of roses, Damascus rose and Turkish rose absolute, carefully refreshed with a citrusy blend of bergamot, orange and lemon in top notes. Powdery floral notes are combined with a bouquet of roses and velvety violets, while base notes provide character to woody notes of cedar.

Fragrance A La Rose is available as 70 ml Eau de Parfum exclusively in Japan. A La Rose was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Lemon Orange

Turkey Red Rose Damask Rose Violet Flowers

Cedar

Rosa Nobile

A La Rose Fragrance Reviews

Soofiya
Soofiya

This is exactly the rose fragrance I've been searching for it for a long time
A simple,gorgeous citrus rose with a very soft powdery vibe,bright,delcately sweet,young and inoffensive,great for daily use during spring and summer with moderate longevity and soft to moderate sillage
I really love it,but I find it veryyyyy expensive for what it is,if longevity and sillage were more or it was half this price,i would buy it without hesitation but now I'd rather stick to my cheap rumeur2 rose(which is more green and citrus dominated and less rosey and powdery)

meama
meama

an office friendly rose without any special spark to differentiate it from too many other safe rose perfumes.
it lacks so much personality that it becomes almost an air freshener.

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

I enjoyed sniffing it from a bottle at John Lewis. Then I gave it a proper test by applying it on my skin. While this is a pretty rose fragrance, it lacks the body, dimensions or depth of a perfume with a real character. It is nice but not captivating. It did not last beyond 3 hours. Perhaps would have been a pretty n adorable day scent at 45 pounds a bottle but not sure if a price tag of £145 is justifiable. I owned another perfume from the same line Aqua universalis and adored it and thought was so unique in its ability to deliver the freshest fragrance ever. However it just went bad while it sat untouched in a quiet and cool corner of my bathroom. That's made me cautious about putting the same kind of money in another one from the same line. Also La'Rose is not something that will stand out in the competitive world of rose based perfumes! I really like it but not crazy about it and would buy it even if heavily discounted

highmaintenancegirl
highmaintenancegirl

A la rose is a pretty office or summer floral, very modern, unobtrusive and airy, great daytime high quality rose soliflore.
I've been wearing A la rose for a week and really enjoyed it until yesterday I'm starting to feel I wish it had a little more personality and character. It's a little too pretty, polite and lacking something for me. I enjoyed my sample a lot but I don't think I'd buy a bottle.

Cochlea
Cochlea

À la rose is an ode to femininity, a declaration of love translated into a fragrance. Two hundred and fifty freshly bloomed roses from Grasse offer their unequalled richness to every bottle.
(Copied and Pasted from the Official website)

À la Rose opens with a bright bergamot. The scent smoothly and slowly makes a transition to a clean, green, natural smelling, sweet rose. It is intensely fragrant. A La Rose made me think of summertime- evoking the image of an astringent rose bush. The rose has touches of bergamot underneath, and a delicate violet enveloping the light pink dewy rose. The gorgeous rose is supported by a dainty warm cedar. A lovely mesmerizing, clean, innocent, sensual fragrance, a great fragrance to spray on in the hot summertime, after a shower or to bed. It is pretty, a crowd-pleaser, a truly non-offensive fragrance, it made me smile to smell this on my sheets.
The sillage is delicate and longevity is good (5 hours).

evansmummy
evansmummy

I received this in sample form after ordering Amyris femme. It's beautiful and next in my want list. A true rose scent without feeling old lady.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This perfume is utterly breathtaking!! I'm not going to bore you with a list of notes as you can get those off the website, I want to tell you about the perfume experience.
A La Rose is a feminine and fresh tea rose scent. It is highly addictive, light in its composition, airy and beautiful. It is the kind of perfume that makes a statement by being understated. The fragrance surrounds you with such a beautiful fresh aroma of sweet musk and rose that I was iterally smelling myself all day long and even asked my friend which perfume she was wearing as it smelled so good. It was of course me!!
This fragrance will come into its own in the summertime and I will definately be ordering a FB despite its massive price tag, which I feel it is worthy of.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Opening 'À la rose' is an invigorating hesperdic accord comprised of Californian orange, Calabrian bergamot, and Sicilian lemon. Together the trio burst forth upon initially spraying but are restrained in their effect as to not draw attention away from the true star of the fragrance; the floral heart. The citruses add just enough invigorating spark to impose an aura of sunlight reflecting from dewy rose petals. The mid-range notes of the floral heart accord are noticeable from the start but become even more prominent as the opening citrus notes scintillate away. Centifolia rose from Grasse permeates in a form of an absolute which is extremely floral, deep and rich with sweet honeyed facets. Damascena rose from Bulgaria in essential oil form seems to maintain a higher scent registry in comparison and is imbued with nuances of pear and lychee fruit. Violet and magnolia blossom are also included in the rose studded bouquet, each offering a unique counterpoint (one powdery the other creamy) to the floral heart. Cedar wood and musk conclude the fragrance, combining elegantly with the heady olfactory delight of the aforementioned florals.

Francis Kurkdjian has created something which is heart achingly beautiful in 'À la rose'. It is part youthful playfulness, part seduction and carnality, and full of unabashed femininity. I have yet to come across a more hyper-realistic rose-based fragrance as well as one so elegantly composed. It carries with it an air of frivolity along with a whimsical tonality which reminded me of the Queen of which it was inspired. With 'À la rose', Kurkdjian has perfectly captured the silky touch of a rose's crisp petal against the skin, the rushing sensation of first inhaling a rose filled bouquet, and the inner joyfulness one gains from encountering a blossoming rose garden on a hot summer's day. As an "eau de parfum" concentration, projection, sillage and longevity are all excellent. The composition can suitably be worn all year, but is truly resplendent in the warmer months of spring and summer where the radiant sunlight causes it to lift effortlessly from the skin. Adding to its versatility is the fact that it can be utilized both for casual daytime wearing as well as for more formal evening occasions. Any woman who loves rose-based perfumes should not go without first experiencing this majestic composition. It truly is fit for a Queen!

Read my complete review at my personal blog
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This reminds me of Dior's Forever and Ever, it's innocent, fresh, delicate and clean.

Absolutely a tea rose in feel, with that lemony apple crispness. It's not my favourite rose style as I prefer Bulgarian or damask rose. I do love MFK's Oud Silk Mood which has a gorgeous light silky Turkish delight-style rose alongside lightly smoky oud.

Anyway, these sorts of delicate fresh rose scents with additional abstract florals tend to remind me of some sort of 'Spring Rain' bubble bath, which is exactly how lots of women want to smell - delicate, feminine and fresh from a bubble bath, if that sounds good to you I'd recommend A La Rose!

t4x3
t4x3

Naturalistic fresh rose combined with soap and citrus. Reminds me of how I smelled after bathing with Yardley English Rose soap and then dousing myself in Jean Nate. I would enjoy having a bottle, but there is no way I could justify the cost.

black_orchid
black_orchid

Very beautiful summer rose and there are really good quality materials and well blended. If you are rose lover, you should try this for summer and summer night. I'm always happy when I wear this perfume. A La Rose such as luxury and bright rose perfume.

greenteacherie
greenteacherie

Ordinary. Can guarantee you've already smelled this.

Light rose with cedar and citruses. Absolutely nothing special, for its price for sure(

miletas89
miletas89

Unfortunately, smells like bathroom freshener. Worth $4, not almost $300. There are light and fresh rose fragrances on the market that do not smell like the WC; this is not one of them. What a pity - it is such a beautifully designed bottle

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

A soft pink rose. Nothing to write home about.

ellenm22
ellenm22

You would think for the price tag you'd be be able to smell it on yourself... WAY too soft.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Una rosa fresca, verde, agrumata, una delicatezza composta e gentile. Somigliante alla Hermessence Rose Ikebana Hermes nella sobria delicatezza non invasiva e rispettosa. I boccioli di rosa verdi rimandano ad un profumo naturale, non spinto o caricato per sedurre ma per rasserenare e allietare un animo romantico, collezionista monotematico di fragranze alla rosa...
Direi non una rosa da sogno, ma per sognare, in un piccolo giardino zen, dove tutto è definito e perfetto, privo di impeto.
E come tutti i sogni di breve durata.
Per me bella ma troppo light.

pauroj
pauroj

when i first smelled this one i immediately thought juliette has a gun miss charming and then voila same nose!

this is a very light candied rose , soft and sweet

pkjmkpq
pkjmkpq

Beautiful perfume! I love it and my husband loves it on me. I got a couple of samples and am falling in love with it so much I may even be tempted to pay the $245 price tag. I sprayed some on at night before bed and could still catch whiffs of it during exercise class the following day, although not overpowering....just an occasional whiff here and there. Very nice!

little parrot
little parrot

To my disappointment i must say MFK let me down,
It is a very clean green soapy rose, Silage is low and becomes on my skin a sour skin frag, staying power is moderate, It does indeed remind me of roses de chloe. Still the perfume lives up to his name, it is really a rose perfume (OUD was not so oud after all....)
Francis Krukdjian made other rose perfumes; Rose Ferre (with A.Jouet) not entirely a rose perfume, a very light summerbreeze
Rose Barbare (Guerlain) a full bodied rose honey perfume
and ofcourse Rosa nobile eau de parfum (AdP)
I compare rosa nobila to a la rose (they are both really rose centered) and then I say rosa nobila lingers more, has more depth and layers and is a tiny bit warmer.
I like FK artistic approach but then sometimes I choose his work under another label in this case Rosa nobile
To me MFK favourites are Silk mood (for the beautiful rose combined with real oud) and pluriel femme

If I want a non sweet, transparant rose, like a la rose then I prefere Rose Ikebana, because this is a less soapy and a unique perfume although very light and the staying power is weak, but what a wonderful perfume...

About the bottle, pity that for the first time it has a paper label on it! Less chique than the other bottles in the MFK line

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

A La Rose is the fragrance version of rose-colored lace.

Beautifully fresh, simple and realistic rose gardens, with a hint of greenery. No thorns, no screech, all fluffy rosebuds and spring days. I don't get much orange in this at all, maybe hints of violets and bergamot once in a while - but it's clearly, unavoidably rose-centric. This is a rose for rose lovers.

Ladylike and dainty, this is not a projection beast; Instead, it hovers near the skin with decent longevity, something that you will only experience on another when sharing intimate space.

I find this to be the less-soapy, more well-crafted regal aunt to Roses de Chloe. It's what I wanted Feminin Pluriel (Also by Kurkdjain) to be!

*IS* this worth the 245$ price tag and ~*Exclusive*~ releases? To some perhaps, but not for me. I will happily enjoy my 20ml decant, and probably use it to the last drop, but (like some of Kurkdjian's other work) this lacks a little bit of intrigue and character! Like a runway model with fierce cheekbones, in a 3k$ dress... with soulless eyes.

Shanester66
Shanester66

Wow...this is beautiful...the freshes rose I have ever smelt. Like a rose off the vine. Not jammy...reminds me of the smell from my Nanna's yard back home in NJ.

mylancome
mylancome

It is available on Neiman Marcus, go check out.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

A la Rose is yet again another beautiful creation by MFK. After spraying, the initial fresh, clean array of the citruses tingle your nose for the first minute. The roses make an entrance gracefully, swinging its way through the opening notes. The transition somewhat left me wanting more of the citrus notes to linger a little bit longer. The intensity of the citruses faded prematurely IMO.

The roses here are not the heady, "madame" kind... It is youthful, jolly and sparkling. The budding kind ones you see at dawn, where the cool morning air adds to the crispness and clarity of the scent. The violet debuts in the middle part but it does not overpower the roses at all, it is just enough to make its presence known. After 3-4 hours, I can then only detect the cedar on my skin.

If you want an in-your-face kind of rose perfume, this is not for you, as it is light and delicate. It is close to skin, perfect for the spring and summer. I love how FK used only few notes in this as it gives you a very clear sense of what this perfume is about.

I can draw out my own theory why FK got inspired by Marie Antoinette. A la Rose is the kind of perfume that best suits a young french queen who is then the society "it" girl, attending frivolous banquets and celebrating the naivity of a priviledged life. The irony lies as to this perfume is very soft, a total contrast to the big life Marie antoinette is showing to the outside world. But we all know that behind all the facade is a lonely, frightened girl who only wants to be loved and be seen as she is- young, delicate but seeking happiness from all the circus happening around her. This perfume highlights that part of Marie antoinette's youthful spirit in good aspects.

I am in love with this perfume. :)

Eurochic
Eurochic

These are the notes from the official release leaflet (translated by me from Japanese).
top: Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, California orange
heart: Centifolia rose from Grasse, Turkish Damascena rose, violet
base: cedar
I sprayed the perfume on my hand an on my arm.
Let me start by saying: I don't like citrus and I'm a bit wary of rose perfumes. I only love the smell of real roses, and I love to bury my nose in the petals of all roses.
So, à la rose starts with a fresh greenish feel, like rosebuds with dew on them. On my skin the citrus is not perceptible.
Gradually the dewy aspect dissipates and it becomes softer, like fresh blooming pink roses, not the deep dark velvet kind. Later on I can detect a sweet powdery veil (the violets maybe?).
The SA told me that even though it's an EDP, it wears more like an EDT, with longevity of maximum 4-5 hours. Keep in mind that it was created for the Japanese market, so the overall feeling is fresh and light, very pleasant, easy to wear in hot and humid climates. Non obtrusive, won't give anyone headaches, IMO this is a safe office scent too.
So, rose-phobic that I am, I am surprised to find that I wouldn't be opposed to wearing MFK à la rose. If you like the scent of pure roses, but prefer to keep it light (not heady like AG Rose Absolue for example) then this is one to try.
An odd but interesting little fact is that I received two paper blotters, one with à la rose sprayed on it, the other with Lumière Noire Pour Femme: the blotter with LNPF was scentless after 24 hours. The one with à la rose was still going strong after 48 hours. If we can get similar results on skin, that would be awesome, but I doubt it. Two small sprays on my arm lasted 3-4 hours (sprayed by the SA, so no lavish spraying, more like 2 sprays of mist or droplets. I'll have to test longevity again with MY spraying method).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maison Francis Kurkdjian A La Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maison Francis Kurkdjian A La Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A La Rose by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A La Rose by Maison Francis Kurkdjian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.