Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Absolue Pour le Soir Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men
dislike

honey
smoky

Unlike the gentle fragrance Cologne Pour Le Soir, Absolue Pour Le Soir is wild, intensive fragrance perfect for night out. Original notes of the Cologne: rose, honey, incense and benzoin are blended with ylang-ylang, cumin, Atlas cedar and sandalwood. Available as 75 ml EDP. Absolue Pour le Soir was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Incense Benzoin Rose Caraway white honey

Cologne Pour Le Soir
The Dark Side

Absolue Pour le Soir Fragrance Reviews

black_orchid

I'm so happy to this fragrance not so famous among Francis Kurkdjian's collection and this is why it is so special and needs to different taste. I think it doesn't include any animalic notes in its formulation and i think the cumin gives this animalic-sweaty effect to perfume. I love it and i'm so happy to have it!

wild_radish
wild_radish

I really think the caraway is where this scent went all wrong. All I get is rubber gloves, charred hotdogs, bad breath, and burnt plastic. After a very long drydown a subtle sweetness emerges flanked on all sides by a very ashy incense.

I love a good deal of furry animilics and decaying indoles but the overwhelming blast of caraway takes Pour le Soir from challenging to downright rude. I cannot imagine when or where I would wear this fragrance, except maybe to part a crowd.

Edit: After sampling this on my friends (who are not fragrance fanatics but happily embrace my hobby), they came to the agreement that this smells like a wet diaper. I genuinely want to give this fragrance some kind of positive accolade but all I can say is that it is indeed unique.

MEOWITSTERRA
MEOWITSTERRA

This is way too powdery and smokey right out of the bottle for me! I had a hard time distinguishing individual florals or spices since it blurred together in a confusing way.

That being said, two hours later, there is a gorgeous honey and iris dry down. Very unusual.

carneiro7
carneiro7

One of the most sexy and spiritual scents I've came across. Starts as a harem (a gorgeous combo of rose, honey, cumin) and finishes as a cathedral (benzoin and incense). Complex, unique and mesmerizing.

This is what good perfumery is all about.

Sillage: perfect.
Longevity: more than perfect.

God bless you Monsieur Kurkdjian.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - honey, incense & caraway.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

marioslg3

One of a kind perfume....unique and attractive but for experienced noses. My no.1 from MFK.

csaito
csaito

unique fragrance.
opens with honey in his animalic aspect, and then comes the incense that lasts in the skin. very good.

Calvini
Calvini

The rich dark animalic resinous opening reminds me of Olympic Orchid's Dev #1, and then it loses some of the funkiness while amber amplifies and sweetens (still in a dark fashion) with a feeling similar to Tom Ford's Amber Absolute.. a masterpiece!

*Please give this fragrance at least half-an-hour before judging it, for the sake of art & olfactory experience!

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

This is an incredibly animalic, smoky, dirty honey scent. I'm surprised not to see civet or such among the notes. The sweaty caraway and smokey notes can create this unbelievable feral perfume. Actually, the only perfume I can recall was this animalic is Bal a Versailles. This is way too strong and animalic to wear for me at least for everyday, but I'm thoroughly impressed by this. It's certainly worth testing just for the experience, or as a very sexy evening scent. Layered with tuberose or any other white floral, this is like a magic wand.

eren.ceylan
eren.ceylan

Actually it's a masterpiece... Although at the begging it's an animalistic urine scent,this is turn into intriguing censed honey. In brief, it's an animallike attractiveness!

Trikkirikki
Trikkirikki

I've had this a while now but haven't worn it much for some reason. Rich honey has been the main note standing out on my skin. Dirty filthy honey. I didn't get the urine people were talking about at all until tonight. OMG. It's a dirty urinal in the best possible way. Warm, dirty, a little sweet and animalistic. Absolutely gorgeous but not for the weather hearted.

FruitDiet

I think this smells terrific and have worn it many times over the years, but I must say that whenever I do there follow a mysterious number of comments from those around me about unclean ambient odors. They never refer directly to my fragrance, so it could, I suppose, be paranoia. Still, it's unnerving. Once I slept on a friend's couch and the next day received weird texts (not mentoning me or my fragrance) about a bad smell in the living room. Another time my friend commented that "the girl next to him at the movie smelled really bad." I've gotten forthright compliments, like "you smell like ice cream" and "you smell like incense." To me, it smells like incense, wood, roses, and honey, with the suggestion of urine only at the beginning.
Why do any of us even bother wearing fragrance? No one anymore gets the message you think you're sending; they just panic at any smell that is not recognizably Bath and Body Works or Iso E Super. You're drifting off in a sensory fantasy world with a piece of art you probably spent a lot of money on and some reptile-brained operative of the New World Order will soil it forever with a comment you'll never forget. My advice to budding perfumistas is to go into this hobby with the assumption that the entire world would prefer you wear nothing at all, and not to expect any sort of positive feedback from anyone. What a state of affairs.

Totroy
Totroy

Stunning! Sensual! A sexy, sweet, honey dipped rose, wrapped in Amber and incense.

Nessers
Nessers

In the beginning I would go as far to say it is absolutely. Putrid . the person that mentioned the urine it's pretty on point .

As time progresses I'm getting more of that Amber resin and I'm starting to like it more . another person said that is similar to Sahara Noir which I can understand but I wouldn't say is completely correct at all. In my review for Sahara Noir I say Pour Le Soir is more sour. Which it is.

This is not for the faint at heart . if you are not a connoisseur you would instantly throw away . but give it time and it will grow on you. Is certainly more for a man because of that opening riff of anamolic dominance . maybe that's what it really is . you smell masculine dominance in the beginning. And not in the seductive way, but the " I'm going to mark my territory" way . and like all men, exposes their softer side as time progresses.

fuggerone
fuggerone

wonderful animalic with high octane sillage and powerful duration. Honey and benzoin with a powerful animal synth note.
Gained me lots of unexpected compliment.
I can't see women wearing this!

haschm
haschm

First time it was for me like Pygmy goats in ZOO. Within a few months,I have to say, the fragrance is very interesting and I would say wearable even!

gucciguccigoo
gucciguccigoo

ok I just dont get it. The scent borderlines on offensive to my senses and overwhelms me with a urine/old honey note that I cant get over. Im just not a fan and I cannot imagine ever retrying this juice.

Sezyvex
Sezyvex

I remember how I was amazed by this when I first smelled it. It reminded me of attars that we used to be least interested in during our life in Kashmir. Due to that reason I found this to be totally unoriginal and held a grudge against this creation for some reason so decided to let go of it.

A year down the line, for some reason I couldn't understand, I had a terrible craving for some animalic skank in my life... in my memory I could recall a dirty allure that I had encountered before so I started searching for this. It was my luck that I was able to find it a few months ago with it being discontinued (?) and hard to get...

I can now see the artistry that has gone into this orange bottle of erotic stink. I didn't get caraway in my last bottle but the initial blast clearly shows signs it's there in this one. I can now smell a very faint rose too. I think it's a matter of interest and accepting. You find these things when you start to really pay attention :)

The honey-benzoin just turns me on so much that I don't have the words to describe my desire. It's not all that scary to be honest and here I think it's more to do with someone's difficulty in understanding one's own feelings after smelling this or in some cases, one's paranoia related to the suspicion of smelling bad.

I must admit, I am cautious myself because I think it's more for the intimate times rather than wearing this hoping to get intimate. I would never wear this around my family. I think I would be too embarrassed to do so because I really do think of it as an obscene pervasiveness following my own personal feelings after wearing it.

It lasts for hours on end and yes, it projects!! I personally have fallen in love with it after having let go of it in my bout of idiocy. Now that I have found it again, I am not going to let it go.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Let me say I can appreciate a good quality fragrance & this is one of them, however it is also out of place.. What I mean by that is, I literally do not know when to wear this fragrance because it is not flexible at all...

This is one of the most dirtiest, skank filled creations I have ever smelled... Totally putrid! As a major fan of amber, I detest it here.... I don't know what they were trying to pull off here but I simply cannot...

If you enjoy loud, nasty, out of place, skank fest fragrances, this is for you! One place I would wear this is before intimacy, tho I am scared this would run the other person in the opposite direction seeking Holy Water to cleanse themselves. Good quality, not so good juice.

Madrona
Madrona

I started a thread asking for recommendations regarding perfumes that smell more or less like salmiac (ammonium chloride) and/or salt liquorice a while ago, and this one was suggested to me by a Danish member who said it reminded her of a Danish salmiac candy called Super Piratos. Having recently procured Absolue pour le Soir through the handsome Deefit, I figured I would give my impressions of it.

The honey-benzoin-incense-caraway combo reads not pitch black to me, but very dark brown, while at the same time being stickily sweet. It evokes artisanal liquorice itself more so than salmiac to me, despite there not being any liquorice note listed. I find that a combination of benzoin with the right type of incense can easily give off this impression. It also smells a bit of tar, or like a seldom-opened cupboard in the modest, old summer cottages that many Finnish people spend their summers in. I can't say that I think of Paris nightlife when I smell this, I actually wouldn't know when to wear it. To me, the ultimate salmiac perfume is still Hilde Soliani Saaliiisssiimo.

oktober

In this type of dense frangrances, you usually don't get away from chocolate or tobacco, or both at the same time.
This is honey, beeswax, incense and spices, a nice woody base, sandalwood included, which I like... And cognac. It's a very obvious note, though not listed here, I see.

Despite of so many notes, it's not flamboyant at all. It has a certain sobriety about it, no doubt.

Best in cold weather. And only spray on skin.

It is an evening/night perfume, indeed. I'm a night person, pehaps it's one of the reasons I like this perfume.

Anyway, worth a try for anyone who likes honey notes.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

This one is a long lasting monster with great projection. There is something animalic, which is really dominant and which I find really sensual. For the colder weather, it will work good.

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 9/10

Merino-Teflon
Merino-Teflon

I've tried a sample of this a few times over the last couple of weeks, and at first it jolts the senses, and then, the first two times, I wasn't sure what to think...Definitely a urine note there, and I mean deep, golden urine, urine with a history...but, my god, the more I try, the more the magnificent honeyed incense, that I do not believe would have it's depth and breadth without the urine note, addicts me. Just ordered from MFK's online shop itself, 130 euro, which is about £98, which is £15-ish cheaper than the one place in the UK that has this in Absolue at the moment, and, free postage, and two free samples. Not about other people, this is for me, deffo.

theladymay
theladymay

I don't generally do this, but it's absolutely not true that Absolue Pour le Soir is being phased out, discontinued or changed. CPLS may be changed or phased out - I don't know and won't speak to that. Perhaps that is where this rumour, which has been about for a solid year or longer now, is coming from. But Monsieur Francis Kurkdjian himself told the wonderful woman who goes to Paris for our fragrances (among other things) in March that APLS is one of his own personal favorites and will not be changed nor dropped from his line as long as he is here to decide (and he appears very healthy) He said that there *will* be times when it is briefly unavailable, as there have always been, solely due to sourcing the appropriate ingredients and that there is no reason for panic. So please, stop spreading this rumour about the impending demise of Absolue Pour le Soir. It is simply not so.

Lechu
Lechu

If you can handle the first hour, no doubt it is a sexy and evocative fragrance.
This fragrance is as polarizing as the reviews on this page, and has two parts very marked and different.

If Cologne Pour Le Soir is Doctor Jekyll, Absolute Pour Le Soir is Mister Hyde.
The opening of APLS is very strong, and bordering the unpleasantness, I can see the association of urine smell all they say, I'm pretty sure Honey+Ylang+Caraway combination is the culprit.
It is a very strong scent, musty, quite difficult to assimilate, but those positive people who always find the good within the bad, can say that this home is like stagnant water where lotus flower grows (?)

As we approach the second hour, the Animalic note is gradually subsiding and take place the best part of the fragrance, which is quite similar to her sister CPLS, but thicker, with more force, with more body.
At this stage cumin leaves his place in the front to benzoin and wood, while honey low a little intensity, and fragrance becomes much more enjoyable, well-mixed, warm and inviting.

It is a very complex fragrance, and despite their tough start, seems much more interesting than her sister CPLS, as it has much better development.

The performance is very good, longevity than 10 hours, sillage quite noticeable the first few hours, then closer to the skin.

I recommend at least try.
Note: 8/10

emily7
emily7

If I would say something smells funky, stale or offensive, it would definitely be Cologne pour le Soir. If searching for the unholy scent of dirty underwear, Cologne is the wicked one.
Absolue - on the other hand - smells deep, sweet, resinous golden, hypnotic, mysterious.
Thick golden drops of spicy sweet precious honey dripping down the sacred tree surrounded by ancient fires of holy smoke... Mother Earth is my church, Absolue is my unction. Amen.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a genius! There is intoxicating power in this scent, erotic, alluring, complex and evocative. I can easily imagine the smell of warmed bodies after a steamy sex session, there are teasing traces of honey on the skin, the incredible scent of nag champa incenses lingering in the air.

The opening is animalic, really gorgeous, with cumin and honey. The cumin is rich and warm, it smells like sweaty skin on me, and the honey is wild.
Sandalwood becomes evident blending with honey.
Smoky incense, resinous benzoin, cedar comes through on my skin, the rose is sweet and voluminous then gradually softens to the background.
Absolue Pour Le Soir smells so divine, I enjoy the heady honeyed benzoin-incense on my skin!
Ylang-ylang adds another layer of sensuality to the fragrance, it is creamy and buttery.
The fragrance finishes into a vanillic-benzoin drydown. Staying power on my skin is great-about 8 hours and sillage is enormous then becomes arm length after a few hours.

If the rumors about discontinuing this fragrance is true, I need to get a back-up of this beauty ASAP.

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

I must be a maniac as it is monday morning and this is what I chose as todays scent. Most people judge this scent within minutes, but please, give it some time. I am indeed perplexed by the indolent tincture. It does feel filthy. Is it the caraway? Is it the kinky combo of honey and incense? What I know is that I cannot stop sniffing my arm and frankly my dear I do not give a damn on what others think. My body, my choice. This is a masterpiece even if I mostly think it is unusable. I always want to have a decant of it to sniff even if I so far have not dared a whole bottle. Meet it with an open mind and you will fall in love.

mrsg34
mrsg34

This smells feral on first spray but give it a min, it develops into the most smoky, resinous, sweet fragrance. It's not for the faint hearted but I believe unisex all the same. The ylang ylang is lovely smelling almost buttery. The sillage is good and longevity amazing.
There's certainly a woody vibe but it's not dry to my nose but warm and comforting somehow, must be the sandlewood which is a note I adore in general. It has a dark musky, yet sweet vibe and is full bottle worthy to me, don't let the animalic first spray put you off, it evolves into a beauty very quickly 10/10.

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

The first hour of this scent is a rough and traumatic ride :(

I felt as though some huge and feral animal (think Yeti) had excreted mass amounts of anal gland oil on me with the intention of following through with the banging of my life....help!

I had nowhere to hide (think scrub frantically) so I sent my mind to my 'happy place' and resigned myself to the time and money I was going to have to spend on therapy after such abuse...

Well I must have teleported...when the shaking and self cuddling subsided enough for me to open one eye in search of the Yeti...I was sitting in a temple in Bali being blessed by a monk swinging the most intoxicating mix of creamy benzoin and incense. The horror was over :)

micavana
micavana

I recently did a sample swap so I was lucky enough to try Absolue Pour le Soir. (Thanks Todd!) After spraying this one, my initial impression was Thick, dark, dirty, animalistic sex.I get a very barnyard vibe from this one. It is very raw, animalistic and sexy. On dry down I get a little sweetness to it, but the same vibe remains.

I get good projection (Initial spray filled the room) and great longevity on my skin.

This one is not going to be for everyone, so try a sample if it sounds interesting to you. I will be adding a bottle to my collection at some point.

geoffrey.kalender
geoffrey.kalender

So, I spoke to FK himself about this perfume today. He told me it has not been discontinued, as I had been previously told by company account rep and had posted here. It will be available to purchase from the company online and he told me they have no plans to discontinue it at all. I also told him how much I love this fragrance and Eau Noire and he said there would be something coming in September that I will be very excited about, based on those likes. So, sounds like we have another stink bomb (YES!!!) coming down the pipe this fall. From the nose's mouth.

stylenurse
stylenurse

MFK's Absolue Pour le Soir smells of smoky sultry incense with a swirl of sweet honey. I imagine this on a burlesque dancer wearing a fur coat in a swanky lounge. It is a very personal fragrance maybe meant more for the budoir than to share with the world. After a few sniffs of this beauty you may lust after it too. With that being said it is at least worth giving this daring little number a try.

nezzabel
nezzabel

I was looking for something diferent, something that would take me out of my confort zone, something polarizing, something Wow.
This came across. Manny people mentioned it as a chalenging, daring sexy fragrance and it sparkled my curiosity.
By all means, I'm not a sexy person. Those who know me know that. I'm cute, a little bit quirky,a wallflower, a plain Jane, but not sexy.
Yet, reading these reviews and my usual love for Francis Kurkdjian fragrances, made me order it. Unsniffed. A total blind buy.

From the Maison Francis Kurkdjian, I've only sampled APOM which is such a lovely orange blossom, truly a wonderful feminine scent. And my style of fragrance. Openly feminine, with class and grace. But I needed a change, a departure. So, I took a chance.

Well, it paid off. Absolue pour le Soir is amazing. For me, Absolue pour le Soir is the perfect combination of sweet honey with Incense and Woods (primarly Cedar).
On me, the honey is very sweet and if it wasn't masterfuly tempered with the Incense and cedar, this would be in the verge of gourmand territory. The Incense is very present and it's delightful. I'm very picky with incense because sometimes it could smell like sweaty armpit. But here, it doesn't.
The effect of the blend is stunning. Like a simphony, there's an harmony between the notes. Sweet honey, incense, woods, a little bit of rose peeking between, an ambery feeling.
The initial spray can be a bit challenging because it comes out full of strenght, but give it time to develop. It softens and it smells like heaven.
And it keeps better and better.
Sillage is strong at first, but eventually turns into a skinscent. The longevity is amazing, on skin and clothes.
So, for me, there's no urine, no body odour, no sweaty armpit. Just a wonderful scent.
And it makes me feel so good.
It's love.

This is my favourite fragrance. Ever.
Thank you, Mr. Francis Kurkdjian for creating this beauty and keeping it as a part of your fragrances. Thank you for not discontinued it.
I just can't thank you enough!

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I really don't know where to start with this. I've tried a few Francis Kurkdjian fragrances previously, APOM pour femme is just gorgeous, and some of the ones he did for Carven and Avqua de Palma are lovely-delicate, ladylike, feminine, restrained.

This is entirely the opposite in all ways possible. My initial impression is that this is far more masculine, but after the first hour it settles a little bit.

My thoughts immediately on spraying-oh dear heavens, what have I done? This is pure skank, slutty women, male urinals, sweaty animal armpits and sex. Not erotic, simply grunting, grinding sexual fervour.

About an hour in-OK, its calmed down. Its become warmer and the honey spice is coming through. Its less animal, more passion. Its cumin and cinnamon predominantly to me. I don't get sweetness particularly, I get a complex night of passion in a Bedouin tent, sultry heat and a planned seduction under cover of darkness, incense burning in the background. Its still passionate, but less frantically sexual and a little more inhibited.

Floral notes don't really come through on me-I normally love rose notes but I can't pick them out of this as the benzoin, incense and spice is a fairly overpowering trio.

3 hours in-I'm surprised that such an intense, overpowering fragrance calms down so much and so quickly. After three hours I'm left with is a lingering note of musk, cedar, sandalwood, and a slight reminder of spice. It has definitely turned into a skin scent-someone up close would catch it which makes it intimate and sensual, but not carnal. It stayed like this for several hours.

I still haven't decided if I like this or hate it. The first half hour is sheer carnality-breath talking in a way that I can't decide if its good or bad. After the first couple of hours it changes mood, and its far more approachable. It's a composition that I think you would either love or hate it, and I need to try it a couple more times before I decide which. Whatever it is, it is nothing like Kurkdjian's pretty, feminine white florals! I have a 5ml sample to get through-lets hope I get asked for a few hot dates to use it on. This isn't a respectable dinner party scent-its a seductive 'take me now!' demand.

stephan

Tauerville Amber Flash is a more refined version of this, give it a try.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Flowers drenched with cat pee and hairy, ripe armpit with incense and burnt woods. Super, duper funky. My cat doesn't normally respond to my perfume, but when I came within one foot of her, she looked terrified and ran away like I was the devil. My other cat, who also never responds to perfume, tried to lick my arm. Human beings near me said it smelled "sweet" and "nice". I would hardly say those were great compliments, but at least nobody said anything negative.

I agree with Bandit. I also have a full bottle. While it seems like a sillage bomb for the first 30 minutes, it is ultimately just a little bit stronger than a skin scent for the next 8 hours until it disappears. This is the case with so many perfumes today. I sought the opinions of 3 people who were in the same room with me over the course of a couple of hours, and none of them could smell it on me after the first 30 minutes, so it's not just in my head.

Update: I thought I liked it ok, but one day I was teaching a class when I noticed something smelled very offensive, like a street person covered in urine and body odor. I looked around the room at my students, wondering which one doesn't ever shower! It took some time to realize, to my horror, that the foul odor was my décolleté! (I sold my bottle).

framorena

Bandit it's so strange what you just said; I sprayed it half an hour ago and still the room is full, my dog keeps sneezing and my husband opened the window! :)
I would suggest you to try an other sample but to buy it from an other dealer..
really, this is the paradigm of what a skinscent IS NOT.

Bandit

Skin scent, yes. Absolutely. I don't fill up a room with it. One needs to come close to detect it. I'm never an oversprayer, I use perfumes for me, not for others. This one: One spray is for me and only for me... To me APLS is very intimate, very sexy, raw and warm.

Have you asked others if or how they detect it? Don't be fooled, only because you can smell it intensly. Doesn't project much. Get feedback on it. Or maybe you use too much? That's not doing any good for this one, if ever, if you ask me.

Skin scent. I stand to my word, as I've worn it today and expierenced it again. :)

framorena: I have a full legit bottle. How many sprays you used? I go through the "How many sprays of TODAY's fragrance-VOL.8" right now and I am SHOCKED on how people, imho, overspray everything big time... How about an hour after spraying? Still strong sillage for you? I never review frags for their head notes, I'm mostly interested in the middle and base.

CDGfan

There is no effing way this is a skin scent lol,
this stuff projects like a bitch in heat and its urinous animalic notes make their presence known to you and others.It is a sublme fragrance but a difficult one to wear.

oktober

bandit--- skinscent? this, a skinscent? I'm baffled.

marioslg3

Very interesting fragrance but cant be worn everywhere. i like the sweet animalic scent which lasts for hours and hours on my skin. not something that is welcome by everybody and the comments i got were not so encouraging...but i like as im attracted to this kind of animalic smells.

LeonieB
LeonieB

Heavy heavy heavy. Complex and very very potent. Apply with restraint and wear with caution! Deeply sophisticated and for my simple lifestyle (and tastes, probably) altogether too much!

Bandit

There is nothing much to add, that has not already been said to this beautiful creature.

I want to emphazise, that it's a skin scent. Not much sillage at all. For me this is perfect, I'm not a sillage person. I don't need to perfume every room I'm in and with heavy sillage. I feel even a bit embarrassed at times, if this happens.

What I want to say: You gonna smell heavenly wearing APLS, but you are not offending anyone with your unique taste. A very nice combination for a quite stinky perfume. :)

I love it.

Gwizz
Gwizz

The opening minutes of APLS are bewilderingly intense. Skunky, sweet, deep, syrupy and mysterious. I think it is mostly sufficient to scare away the less adventurous nose. But I'd encourage persistence, as repeated wear opens up this dark, musky prism to reveal it's hidden treasures.
I'm not sure there are any actual animalics in this concoction, but the slightly sweaty cumin note, combined with the honey accord seems to achieve this deception admirably. For me though, it's the superb benzoin note which provides the real smokiness and depth that dominates the development of this scent. I feel the honey and incense also combine to achieve a sort of amber accord, which wraps itself more and more closely around that musky element creating a very sensual balance. A real compliment to the benzoin and warm woody backbone. Some subtle floral notes, particularly the rose, compliment the syrupy sweet edge to the scent and provide an added layer of complexity. The result is a profound and deeply affecting perfume.
Absolue Pour le Soir truly is one of MFK's master works. A mysterious and yet perfect combination of the sacred and the profane. Sexy yet reverential. A deeply set combination of contradictions. Dark and powerful, exotic and lustful. A must smell.

gelo999
gelo999

This is the sexy and strong sister of another fragrance: Cologne pour le Soir.

It seems to me an excellent fragrance with balsamic-Animalic face, emphasized by caraway and ylang. The fragrance opens near the dirt, but is very short and worth for what comes next.

An attractive warm, smoky background with all of incense, woody for sandalwood blends perfectly with the rest and of course, honey sweetens the right size to reach nearly to the gourmand and cause a really good and addictive chocolate-drying.

Projects fine and the duration is very high for this unisex made for use at sundown.

Absolue Pour le Soir is a rare fragrance for what I usually do the master of musks Kurkdjian. Perhaps the most conspicuous' fragrance of its entire line of fragrances and in addition will soon remove its collection, but it already has.

Rating: 7

moodypaws
moodypaws

I sooo wish I could wear this because I like a dirty perfume very much. However, something happened the afternoon I tested this and now I can't erase the association from my brain. I'll elaborate...

I went into Liberty and got the man at the counter to help me locate it, and then "Forget the strip" I said, "spray on my skin!". So he did, and I basked for a moment in the warm, urinous, feral benzoin. I was in fragrance heaven but decided to control myself, walk out and see how it progressed before committing to a full bottle. So I took the train home, and that's where it all unravelled...

A man got on board and stood next to me for part of the journey. Let's just say that this gentleman hadn't washed for quite some time. He smelled just like the first hour of Absolue before the urinous notes surrender to rose and other resins.
I got home and enjoyed smelling my wrist one last time before saying goodbye to the idea of ever wearing this again. Sad face

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Master Splinter is a rat that somehow became enlarged and gained ninja skills from toxic ooze. This is how I imagine he smelled. However, this toxic ooze neither makes me giant nor gives me ninja skills. All it does is make me smell like a wet, toxic rat.

There's kind of a rubbery, plastic smell in the opening that gratefully fades about 20 minutes in. The opening is VERY animalic, reminds me a lot of Serge Luten's Muscs Khoubla Khan (aka the hairy buffalo perfume). This, combined with a cloying, urinous honey note, comes across as not dissimilar to someone who took a golden shower and forgot to take a real one afterwards. The dry down is a basic musky vanilla, pretty uninspired.

Anyway, this is not for me.

racb
racb

Straight off I was going to say I didn't like it, but on experiencing the drydown I have to agree with the reviewer who said churches.

Incense, pews and candles. Not unpleasant. I'll need to live with it for a few days to see if it's a grower. It's unusual but could work, especially on a cold evening.

Can't find flowers, no.

Tim Martin
Tim Martin

It's like being on the inside of an old church: incense, freshly polished oak pews, musty fabrics and honey-wax candles.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Amber, incense and honey - very nice! Rich, chewy and a bit dirty. There's this nivea cream smell in here that I get in all the MFK scents I've tried that just kills it for me. Too bad, this is otherwise wonderful.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Wow-wee this is potent stuff.

Opens with a sweaty/sex smell and blooms into a honey/vanilla/incense/amber/sandalwood gourmand bomb - and I love it.

I think a liberal spray would induce a headache and/or coma but a spritz with the lightest of touches produces, on my skin, a warm, sensual cloud of incredibly addictive edible and woody notes. It's very very sexy.

I detect the caraway however the dominant note is sweet honey that's been produced by a hive of nymphomaniac bees.

Less a love potion, more a trance-inducing-bodice-ripping-heaving-breast-sex-potion.

marioslg3

It was removed from MFK side as it was to be reformulated by FK. Now is available again and soon will be in stock in the shops, if it is not already.
The official side told me the above when i sent the a message if it was discontinued

Platone
Platone

Rather perfect at the beginning. but the fragrance develop in a too sweet way
if there is a honey absolue inside, i dubt, i prefer the way of managing of vero kern in her onda extract
the start is real animalic the end is a puppy

Mos' Beth
Mos' Beth

Like sitting behind the guy on the bus who just pissed his pants. And you can tell by the smell that it wasn't the first time today. And you are holding a jar of honey up to your nose to try to cover the scent. This is "perfect for a night out" if your plans involve hanging out in the men's restroom in an urban park. To be fair, I only tried this on paper but....

framorena

This masterpiece has not been discontinued, you can buy it everywhere and also on their official website again.
And I suggest you to do it.
NOW.

stecarpano
stecarpano

Incredible creation by this house. Distinctive and original yet unusual. The blend of warm woods, spiciness and sweetness is stunning. Much better blended than the cologne pour le soir that should be just a lighter version. APLS is instead a sexy, erotic and sensual fragrance.

Definitly wear it only at night, i opt for APLM instead for the morning. Perfect combination.

black_orchid

APSL one of the most seductive perfume on the world. When I smell it first I was utterly captivates and it was love at first sniff. I can see why some people doesn't like this. Charming, sexy, smoky! Bad news; it will be discontinued :(

Felipe Peixoto
Felipe Peixoto

This fragrance was a HUGE disappointment. All I can smell is benzoin, benzoin and more benzoin. As far as I'm not a fan of that particular note, I didn't like it at all. The honey in this one is very subtle, showing up only in the opening. After 30 minutes, the honey quickly dissipates and the overbearing and almost nauseating benzoim comes up and takes the whole scene. I can't detect any woodsy/floral notes in it. Not my cup of fragrance tea :(

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Perchè questa fragranza meravigliosa è stata discontinuata...?! Per favore Mr Francis...
O forse stai preparando qualcosa di altrettanto favoloso?
Profumo sontuoso, incenso/rosa/miele/cumino opulento e femminilissimo, di grande impatto.
Dosi omeopatiche data la potenza.
Un grande classico di tutti i tempi.

P.s. Vedo ora che è ritornato, la bellezza è ritornata.
Ottima notizia :-)

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

This is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled. First spray...whoa! Stink! 3-5 minutes later...My God, amazing. Give it a chance. Definitely not a blind buy. But definitely a winner.

dsty
dsty

I don't know what to make of this Absolue pour le Soir, but I think it's a case of "it's not you, it's me": I just can't handle it, it's too much. I guess it's my own fault for going straight for the Absolue, I should have gone through the "regular" version first, that might have been easier to wear.

I think this is probably a very well made perfume; I can smell the quality and originality. And although it's pretty animalic it's not the kind of animalics that I can't stand, they don't actually remind me of dead animals here. The combination of honey, incense and benzoins works very well; it's quite dirty but it's a sophisticated kind of dirtiness. It's powerfully sensual, and I can only envy women who feel at home in this kind of scent, and whose lives present occasions to wear it. As for me, I feel rather self-conscious wearing this, it's just not me. And that would be alright if I were enjoying it very much, but I'm not. I can admire this perfume, but it's just too powerful, generally too much for my nose.

Everything I've written so far relates to the opening and early heart of this perfume, by the way: in the drydown, everything changes. It calms down very much and becomes much more wearable and enjoyable. The dirtiness disappears almost entirely, and it's more of a cosy, sweet, resinous scent then, although still quite sophisticated. This part, I could grow to love, which is quite frustrating to realize, since I don't see myself braving the uncomfortable opening part to get to this stage very often.

So my conclusion is...unconclusive. I guess I'll have to stash my little decant away somewhere to try again later.

Ditta70
Ditta70

This is one of the best perfumes made in the 21st century in my opinion. A shining star in the crowd of average via mediocre to boring niche and mainstream offerings. Not only does it use excellent quality ingredients, not only is it pleasing and beautiful, but it is also interesting and intriguing at the same time, changing, shifting and shaping on my skin.
Yes, it is animalic, but it is not animal pee or poo, but fur: lovely, soft, warm fur, the likeness of which I only found in vintage fumes like Lanvin's My Sin. I used to bury my nose in the fur of my late cat and inhale the smell of him for a long time...I adored it! I can smell the same pleasing, caressing fur note here.
The other dominant note to my nose is incense. I use an Indian incense powder blend with frankincense, benzoin and gum dammar, which has a similar deep, balmy, sweet aroma.
The honey in APLS is the most pleasant I have ever smelled, not urinous, not sour, not sharp or cloying - just right. Even the cumin note is extraordinary. Usually it translates to BO to many people including myself, but here in this perfume it is not sweaty but simply wonderfully spicy, adding a nice twist to the creation.
APLS is very sexy, a beast indeed, but an irresistibly purring one. It is a feline that can never be really tamed, but for the moment it lies langourosly on your lap and tentatively lets out and pulls back its claws.
Although they don't really smell similar, yet I could compare this perfume to my beloved Bal a Versailles in the vintage parfum extrait formula. Both have the similar deep night in a dark palace atmosphere...the sense of immense spaces not quite visible in the darkness, just dimly lit by the embers glowing in a huge fireplace where someone scattered some exotic insence powder. One can rather sense the rich oppulence obscured by the penumbra, most of it is left to one's imagination.
To me APLS is absolutely wearable, very pleasant, very comforting yet sensual and never fails to intrigue.
EDIT: For a while it was out of production, but the lovely lady from the Paris MFK Boutique informed me: IT IS BACK! 12/05/2015

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Totally agree with the other reviewers that said it is a sex bomb !!
Literraly erotic to me.
The dry down is less wild, more wise. Still very pleasurable. Benzoin Styrax is so natural, so true...

Be warned : it's an animalic beast !

Eos
Eos

I love Absolue Pour le Soir.

To my nose it is the type of perfume that makes my pulse pound with excitement. It is the smell of lust and excess.

This is an animalic bomb reminiscent of some 80's fragrance I can't quite recall at the moment. It is the fused aroma of a rich, benzoinic oriental mixed with the furry-musky scent of old mink stoles, cigarette ashes and a very present and bodily smelling cumin note. There is a lush, almost hot florality imparted by the honey, but that also intensifies the animalic nature of APLS.

While I love this perfume, I cannot figure out where I could wear it. My husband despises it definitively saying that FK "just took this one too far."

Despite not knowing where I'd ever wear APLS, this is one of the very few perfumes that triggered an immediate hoarding instinct in me. I am trying to resist, though I don't know how long I'll last.

Gorgeous. Only for the bold among us.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I am fascinated.

I will say upfront that what interests me so much about Absolu Pour Le Soir is its remarkable relationship to Muscs Koublai Kahn. By the time you are five or so hours into the dry down, they are virtually interchangeable, yet they have only two notes in common, rose and caraway, neither of which is a major smell in either composition.

APLS opens with amber, bright amber that quickly changes to dusty amber, and then takes on a fleshy, ripe cumin-human pong. It gets funkier as time passes.

If, as I did, you try MKK on the other wrist at the same time they play off of each other in a really strange way. I've written about MKK here already, because I love it. I love the warm musk and jock strap effluence that even a few drops will produce for hours. Curiously, sniffing back and forth from one wrist to the other, APLS makes the flowery quality of MKK much more evident. At one point I even thought that it smelled a lot like Angel.

Worn on its own, as I did for several days, APLS is a dirty perfume. There are no animal ingredients, but it smells like a beast. And as I said, by the time you've worn the two of them for five or so hours, the only real difference between them is that the APLS smells very slightly powdery. That, and it lasts longer.

If you're sad that MKK is so hard to get in the States, I suggest that you get a sample of both of these perfumes and try them together, and see if you smell what I smelled. Absolu Pour Le Soir has the advantage of being easier to get, and while not cheap, it beats the ebay prices for MKK.

hill2dtops
hill2dtops

Dirty sickly honey, one step closer to being cloying, too much for me

celticelle
celticelle

Starts off with a very sweet honey fragrance on me, which quickly dissipates into the smoky, benzoin notes. There it stayed, with sort of a very low-level sillage. It does have a very animalic quality. I get the smell of sweaty bodies having sex, female odors, male perspiration. It would be a perfect scent to wear for an evening out with someone you're intimate with, but I can't see wearing it out to a concert or other big public event if you spray heavily with it, and it's certainly nothing I would wear to work. There's so many other better choices for that. I think it's best for an evening at home with your partner, so to me it's so limited in its usage that I can't see buying a full bottle. But it's a very interesting, erotic and lovely fragrance. Very long lasting.

luv2travel789
luv2travel789

This perfume came to me as a gift and it has since been regifted. On me it smelled exactly like really bad BO. I am guessing that it just did not like my skin as I can not imagine anyone wanting to smell like 2 day old stale sweat.

Edit: I smelled this on a friend a month or so back and could not believe how great it smelled! She gave me a sample from hers and I wore it 3 days in a row. I am not sure what happened to the BO smell but it is no longer there for me. I repurchased the perfume and now it is one of my favorites! Go Figure...

Mokokos
Mokokos

Ok, the first time I sprayed this I was at Nieman Marcus speaking to the sales associate. I literally stopped talking, sniffed my wrist and said whoa! You've got to be kidding? It was a big pee scent, musky with cumin. I said, why would Kurdjian make this? After about 15 minutes it started to settle down and I could finally make out the rest of the fine fragrance. I left, drove home and kept sniffing my wrist thinking, this fragrance is getting very interesting. When my wife greeted me she said uh, oh, "What do you have on? I told her what it was and she said it smelled really, really good, different, sweet & musky." I asked, you don't smell any pee? She sniffed my neck and said, now that you said it, just a little bit, more like a sex aroma in the room. Ok, but do you like it? She said yes, it is compelling and smells wonderful. I've been wearing a generous sample of Absolue Pour le Soir for 4 straight days it is the dry down that's a knock out! The amber, sandalwood and honey: I have grown to love this juice. I'm getting a bottle.

dkny27
dkny27

The intensity of the honey coupled with the benzoin is what smells so animalic. Having smelled some stronger honeyed scents, I can now appreciate the full bodied honey in this fragrance.
After the notes begin to settle there is a nice incense note that causes this scent to smell a bit like Caron Sacre (for those who have tried CS), almost ceremonial, smoky; the tiniest kiss of a rose.
A rich, deep scent that is like abstract art, you either like it or you don't... Or perhaps it will grow on you.....

curvealert
curvealert

I had to be (very) patient with this one. For the first hour I smelled like (insert something unhygienic and altogether too rude to say). I'm not prepared to go through that in order to smell moderately OK afterwards. I guess I'm one of those demanding people who likes to smell fit for human interaction within a few minutes.

This comes somewhat close to Sécrétions Magnifiques in the "WTF is this?" stakes.

Edit: I tried this again on my skin the other day, for science and optimism. Sorry, but this time I'm telling it like I experienced it - it still smells like a cross between rancid diabetic urine and sweaty genitals for at least an hour. The dry down is fine, but by the time that arrived I was ready to chew my arm off. A venerable funk outfit once pleaded, Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker), but stop this Mothership, I want to get off!

If I want to smell like sex, I'll let nature take its course and save my money. It's what I imagine the Elizabethans would wear to enhance the body's aroma after not bathing for weeks on end.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Absolutely beautiful.

A rich, opulent, thick and satisfying assault of oriental delight from start to finish.

Even the transitions between top/middle/base are filled with layers (if that makes sense!).

The notes are geometrically parallel in a way that you could smell every single note.

Honey, benzoin, cumin, rose and a smokey incense base all feeding off each other in a relentless broadway performance where no one has the leading role... yet everyone does.

Loud and proud. No hidden notes or tricks. What you smell is what you get. Take it or leave it.

Me? I'll take it.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@Marco Chau: excellent review Marco, you give a great overall take on this fragrance with using many words...... Nice description and I have a pretty good idea now of what to look forward to..... (*_*)

S24995
S24995

Enough woods, honey, & incense for an overall pleasing scent & enough naughtiness to keep us on edge. Another Maison Masterpiece.

Nosy_Thoughts
Nosy_Thoughts

Not your average alluring or even seductive kind of scent. This is downright dirty! The dense honey-amber combo is salty and amped up with a ridiculous dose of cumin, which lends to its naughtiness! Polarizing at first but sensually captivates as it matures on skin.

Marco Chau

I am wearing this fragrance today and it really bothered me a lot when I saw so many reviews mentioning urine while my nose could not detect any of that note throughout the opening to the deep drydown (12+ hours) of it. All I got was a mesmerizing intense combination of honey, Benzoin, incense, cumin, Ylang Ylang and a soft woody accord. I wonder whether there is something wrong with my nose or just the samples being tested by the others were turned or had been tempered. It really made me wonder!

hadassa
hadassa

Well, all the pee references are no joke, the opening is quite difficult to bear. Full blown dirty animalia.

However, the wet diaper smell fades away in around 20-30 minutes and the smoke comes, or rather The Smoke, to be exact. I get a lot of incense from ABSOLUE, and it is of a peculiar kind, it's somehow foody and reminds me of smoked meat and/or smoked fish, while not being repulsive. ABSOLUE remains dirty and bodily on this stage as well, but, to me, not straightforwardly so, unlike MUSCS KOUBLAI KHAN for instance, which is the most naturalistic football-player-no-shower-and-same-clothes-for-two-weeks-in-a-row smell.

The dry down is quite lovely and already inoffensive, all about powdery non-sweet honey, ylang ylang, benzoin, and incense, - similar to the cologne version of ABSOLU, just smokier.

I think it's a perfect composition. It smells expensive and daring (and probably just too daring for me personally). It's sexy, and sexy in an oppressive way, like those good-looking, but a bit unrefined males who reek of testosterone... If you understand what I mean :)

There's something primeval and wild about ABSOLUE, I think this was the idea, and it's masterfully delivered.

Finally a MFK creation that I cannot wear :) I'm not into seriously dirty perfumes anyways, so this was quite predictable to me, although I just had to try it as a work of art.
Thanks to emily7 for her generous sample!

moonflower73
moonflower73

Absolue pour le Soir triggers so many childhood memories for me. In my youth my mother was a practicing Buddhist. We would attend the N.S.A. (Nichiren Shoshu of America) temples in both San Diego and Riverside. Sometimes, we would hold these meditation sessions at our homes. My cousin and I would have to sit through hours of mediation that felt like days to us children. When you have a room crammed full of sweaty barefoot people it can start to smell a little dirty and sometimes somewhat personal. That's is what I get from the cumin topnote. Plus, during the 80's many people chose to wear musky scents. It was the in thing to do. The fellow buddhist's would bring offerings to Buddha. Such as a big bowl of white rice, an assortment of fruits, and sometimes flowers. The hint of rose is reminiscent of that offering. However, nothing about these memories make such an impact as the overwhelming smell of warm incenses. Once the incenses had been lit, the bell had been rung, and the chanting begun that's when the intensity began. A room full of people chanting in harmony in a tightly filled area with little ventilation. All that was left at that point was a cloud full of woody, aromatic incense. That is very much what I get with this scent.

This may be the very reason why I grew up adoring earthly, rich, spicy, oriental scents. While Absolue pour le Soir is listed as an animalic, sexy, only at night scent. For me, it was what I was engulfed in as a child. If I dared say it was sexy, it would have to be in the most comforting way. I would put this one on when I feel the need to meditate. For, I know no other way to embrace this smell and that's a good thing.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a tiny decant. It opens up with very nice resinous labdanum but sharp sour urine accord (probably from honey+cumin) joins in seconds later and stays pretty much the same until dry down. It's an unusual take on amber I would say. The honey+cumin combo actually gives it an edge. I usually can't take anything dirty/animalic but surprisingly I quite like this one. Maybe my nose has matured? Having said that, I'm still on the fence of getting a full bottle of it. Above average projection and good longevity on my skin. If animalic amber is your thing, definitely give this a try.

Since I'm into animalic scents lately, I've just acquired a FB of it recently.

serchina
serchina

Simply: This juice is soooo damn good!
I am so excited everytime when the first spritz meets my skin. Georgeous! It's unusual, it's odd, it's stinky :) And YES, it smells like animal pee! BUT that is just the unreliable meet of honey & benzoin. They are creating a sweet sharp uncomfortable peak point together which is mystical in my humble opinion!
It develops into a more balsamic soft smoky honey with a hint of ylang ylang and rose behind within a few hours. Amazing!
This is definitely one of THE masterpieces out there and one of the best complex animalic fragrances ever.
Edit: Get some burned wood at the end, smoky and comforting.

Q80
Q80

it's one of the best perfumes i really loved once i smelled it. it has the scent of a very sharp dried lemon (it's called Black lime) that the Arabs (gulf side Arabs) use in their food as spices to give that strong flavor and removes the noxious smell of the poultry, & fish. it is quite strong and quite my type of perfumes.
and regarding Laurdess (the comment under me) then lady if your urine smells like that then you should place it in bottles and sell it cause it smells good :D

Laurdess
Laurdess

I am a pretty big fan of MFK however this one had a faint scent of urine to it. I have a tiny sample of it and it has been untouched since I got it. NOT going to wear it anytime soon.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

This fragrance took me for one hell of a ride. I loved every second of it.

At first application and for about 4-5 minutes, I got a very murky sweet urinal. I was not completely put off by it, more intrigued than anything to see what direction this fragrance was going and where it would take me as well. To my utter delight, this fragrance left me completely spell bound and magic started to happen after those first five minutes when it started to mesh with the warmth of my skin. It started out ok, nothing that knocked my socks off but did leave me curious, but bloomed into this sensual masterpiece. Sweet, rich, animalic honey combined with benzoin and some gorgeously robust, dense and intoxicating incense left my interest very, very piqued.
Absolue pour le Soir is a one heck of a seducer, one that left me yearning and begging for more. And for me, those are just the fragrances I lust after and adore. After about an hour I detected some rose, (dirty rose, after all how could she not be when playing in such an animalic playground.) The incense really start to come out in full force while still leaving ample room for the sweet honey, rose and the resinous, intense benzoin. I also get a slight powdery vibe, and I mean slight, but that serves to smooth out these notes some and make it a bit more rounded. It's no fresh, clean, soft, delicate and virginal fragrance. It's dirty, it's sultry, it's enticing, it's erotic and one that leaves me sniffing my wrist every 5 minutes. Ok, maybe every minute. Yes, it's that good, and I'm that obsessed.
This fragrance is definitely not subtle when it comes to projection and sillage. Lasting power is incredible as well. So keep in mind when you spray this gem on, you will be committing to it for quite a few long, delicious hours.
I will say this frag is not for everyone, but for me I hypnotized by it. I wouldn't recommend this be an every day fragrance as well. To me, this is more of a special occasions fragrance (and by special, I mean specialllll *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*.) I can't see this as being a work scent or even a casual every day scent, and definitely not a signature scent. But alas, this is just my opinion. If wearing this every day makes you giddy with toe curling excitement then by all means, do you.
Of course I'm going to always recommend at least sampling. You never know, maybe this will hit all the right buttons for you. No matter what the notes are, nor reviews, I always sample for myself because my opinion is just that, mine. I highly recommend people do the same and not rule a fragrance out without testing first.
Enjoy. :)

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I had to take my time to enjoy this scent a few wearings before writing a review on it, lost in its smoky amber coloured haze each wearing, like an opium addict I couldn't find the words to describe this beauty. I shall not bore you by going through the complexity of the notes and accords but to say with confidence that they are all in the choir and pull their individual weights with aplomb. This is like the original CDG but with the rough edges smoothed out by the buttery yalng ylang and the creamy sandalwood. Honeyed, dark, spicy and smoky, I think it would wear well on both sexes, more alluring and mysterious on a woman, more engaging and charming a man. Sillage and longevity match up to the Amouages I've tried and loved, basically fantastic for both, in a word. Not for those who enjoy light, delicate scents. Not for the faint-hearted. Not for those who didn't enjoy the original CDG. A masterpiece from a great nose!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

When a SA at Neiman ask me to try APLS, since I was at the counter...it looks nice, so I said "ok". I sprayed it and wasn't impressed. It didn't smell too out of order, just not my type of sniff. But since I was there to open my nostril palette to the OUDs MFK had to offer, I asked her to give me a sample to work with and I'll see how it goes. After 2 days, I went back and bought the bottle happily. The approach to this scent is not to let it wear ......you. You have to wear APLS.

I found that I could wear the scent with swagger and confidence. I had 3 yes, and 3 no reactions on the way out of the mall. One young lady said it made her think of food. Another just said NO, and asked if I wore D&G Light Blue? Thats when I knew her nose didn't sniff much. The next young lady in the makeup dept liked it...said it smelled sweet to her, and a couple of SA's in Macy's shoe dept didn't like it.

When I KNEW it would stand up to any scent, was when I test'd APLS with 3 other incense noted scents. I was then exposed to the incense in APLS, and my nose skips over the honey and civet quickly searching for the incense, that I like. I could convince someone to like it just by suggesting a note they should key on....and that's when they say.."yeah I smell that", not bad.

This is another DARING piece from MFK. Always taking the chance to step out of the box, ...JUST LIKE MYSELF. Never settling for the regular and expected , but forcing others to explore other options they would have never venture, but, having to be taught how to do the NIGHT thing...Pour le Soir. For the NIGHT!!!

RaJuR real deep kool on the web.

farang
farang

It doesn't work on my skin. Horse piss, sorry, and I don't want to smell like this.

jht4060
jht4060

MFK Asolue Pour le Soir. Love at first smell. Powerful honey-cumin top, almost animalic in intensity, mixed with incense and labdanum and a rosy floral (nearly hidden behind the honey-cumin). A roaring beast of an Arabian Oriental. If you like the big spicy Serge Lutens style you will like this. No surprise that Pour le Soir it is a bit polarizing - it pulls no punches. Sadly it also costs an arm and a leg so I am unlikely to shell out for the full bottle.

spidola
spidola

As soon as I sprayed it, I knew, I had something very precious in my hands - it was so intense, warm and different… Attention! One little spritz is enough. It’s even sticky, the concentration is so high…

But….
it reminded me of propolis – the smoky, honey-like, sweet resin collected and processed by bees, which I had to take by small grains against cough when I was a kid.
Probably due to this personal memory, I couldn’t wear this perfume - it reminds me too much of cold winter days spent in bed due to illness. But this fact proves also how much this perfume is natural, pure and masterfully composed, being able evoke this kind of memories.
Despite my personal attitude I must admit it’s an excellent perfume!

Markisdesade
Markisdesade

"Funk"adelic ! Willing to trade for any Amouage product ! This stuff has a funk that doesn't work for me , kind of a dead animal feel for me :(

flamingo57
flamingo57

I got this for Christmas from my son. He knows I don't like girly, floral scents. I don't know all the fancy words for describing a fragrance really, but I do know what I like. I like this...a lot! It's warm & woodsy & just me. It's one of the very few fragrances I've used that I don't mind other people being able to smell from a few feet away. Because nobody ever complains. Compliments from complete strangers. One caution though...my best friend tried some & it smelled COMPLETELY different on her & not so pleasant. I think this is one of those fragrances that has to blend with your natural body scent, so definitely try a sample & let it sit on your skin for awhile before you buy!

TheKatEllis
TheKatEllis

Even though this scent is "pour le soir," I love wearing it during the day as well. It's not so strong that it would offend anyone during the day. To me, when I close my eyes and smell it, it reminds me of an expensive cigar. I am transported into a Gentlemen's Club (the British kind not the strip club kind) with club chairs, a warm fire on a rainy day and a box of cigars. Although this sounds "manly," it still has a sweetness that is feminine. Perfect for day or night. Long lasting and comforting. Never offensive.

Kain
Kain

This is a really nice fragrance.
The opening is a strong resinous incensy scent with some sweetness in the background.
You can clearly smell the resins and the incense note that give that resinous scent a dark and almost powdery ashy feeling.
They sweetness is very warm, sensual and smell like honey.
The opening does have a very strong masculine aroma, but that honey sweetness give the scent a really nice and smart kick and push the scent to the unisex side!
After a while and in the dry down, the incense and resin combo settle down and the honey sweetness become stronger. now the woods, caraway, small amount of rose kick in and all of them give the scent much more depth and character.
It's quite pleasing that because of great quality and really good balance of the notes, you can smell all of them!
In the base the rose note which was weak at the mid, disappears and all other notes are in the background.
The yummy and sensual honey sweetness dominate in the base and all the notes which are in the background, give the scent a very beautiful aroma.
Projection is good and longevity is great. 12+ hours on skin without any doubt.
A really good sensual and at the same time strange and dark fragrance with good quality and great balance of the notes.

یه عطر خوبشو و البته سنگین و خاص که بوی بسیار جالبی داره
رایحه اولیه بوی صمغ مانند و تند تیزی هست که رایحه قوی بخور در کنارش وجود داره و رایحه خیلی ملایم و شیرین هم اون دو تا رو همراهی میکنه
رایحه بخور حسی تلخ و پودری و خاکستر مانند به بوی صمغی و تلخ و تند و تیز عطر میده و رایحه شیرین که بویی مثل عسل داره قدرت و تلخی این دو تا رو تا حدی کاهش میده و بوی خیلی خوب و بالانسی ایجاد میکنه
در ادامه و در رایحه میانی رایحه صمغی و رایحه بخور ضعیف تر میشن و بوی شیرین عسل مانند قویتر
در این مرحله حالا بوی ملایم چوبها، بوی زیره و رایحه خیلی ضعیفی از گل رز وارد میشن و بوی پیچیده تر و خاص تری ایجاد میکنن
ز بزرگترین نقاط قوت این عطر کیفیت ساخت خیلی خوب و بالانس بسیار عالی بین رایحه هاست که باعث میشه شما بتونین بوی همه این رایحه ها رو حس کنین
بوی گل رز خوشبختانه خیلی ضعیف و ملایمه و جوری نیست که منو اذیت کنه چون من ار بوی گل رز خیلی بدم میاد
در ادامه و در رایحه پایه بوی گل رز کامل محو میشه و بقیه رایحه ها همگی تا حد زیادی ضعیف میشن
در رایحه پایه شما بوی گرم، شیرین و جذاب عسل مانند رو دارین که رایحه چوبها و بخور و بقیه رایحه ها بصورت خیلی ملایم در کنارش حس میشن و بوی بسیار دلپذیری رو ایجاد میکنن
پخش بوی این عطر خوبه و ماندگاری بسیار عالی داره
عطر بسیار خوبیه و شخصا از بوش خیلی لذت بردم

chayaruchama
chayaruchama

What a polarizing perfume this seems to be ;-)
I love this so much that I can't stand it. Anyone who comes in contact with me loves it.
A caveat: decant into a 'dab' bottle. That way you can dose as needed.
This feels as natural to me as breathing: floral, spicy, animalic, sacred and profane.

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

First sniff and I am in love with this scent. Looking at the reviews below you obviously need to appreciate strong smoky scents to love this. Sensuous, strong and sexy are what come to mind with this stunner.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Another reviewer stated " Honeyed Beezwax". I agree. I get very little incense and whatever I do smell is in the backround.

That's all you get for the first 2 hrs then everything meshes together and it gets really silky smooth. It stays close to the skin after the first 1 1/2. The incense creeps back in a little more after this mark.

At first I wanted to discard this as another weird post IFRA restriction concoction for the younger generation but something about it warrants more exploration.

After allowing myself to explore the fragrance more I realize that the lack of projection ruins any chance it had of displaying itself as a contender.

Basically an interesting idea that could have been executed a lot better.

Roge'
Roge'

Don't let these fancy reviews fool you. You can officially add pour le soir to the "Why would anyone want to smell like this" list. I want to smell different than the mainstream crowd too. There's different then there's "what the hell"?!! This is heavy stuff and certainly annoying. It's cloying like some sort of make up for the skin. I understand that it's supposed to be "Absolue", but the power is being abused here.

CDGfan

This fragrance does not contain Civet or Frankincense its Benzoin based . Rather the combination of Benzoin,Honey and Cumin create the same sweaty animalic effect. In all honesty , I find this fragrance VERY masculine, it would take a certain kind of female to pull this off. This evokes South Indian temples more than anything and the priests dousing themselves with Sambrani ( Benzoin ) smoke. This also does remind me in part of the other animalic incense men's fragrance. The fabled and mythical King Kouros with its mix of incense and unwashed man parts.

mwallwork
mwallwork

Absolue Pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian is an incense masterpiece rendered in beautiful ingredients by a maestro of perfumery. Now, with an opening statement of such grandiose dimensions, one should expect a truly lovely composition. That is exactly what Monsieur Kurkdjian delivers. I can easily call it a classic in the incense genre and it is my pleasure to call myself a true incense afficionado. I burn and warm incense as well as raw resins ranging from differing grades of frankincense to Greek mastic, and amber copal incense. Not only do I enjoy resin notes as minor players in a considerable number of perfume compositions, but I can adore resins as stars in their own shows.

This scent opens on the skin with the pungent smell of frankincense. I don't perceive concentrated frankincense as "skanky" or distasteful. I usually know how it will develop and welcome it as a tangy precursor to a blessed blossom. This absolue is no exception; benzoin and honey come along also and open the composition to a warm center. There is only the slightest spicy cumin scent countered by a faint pine from the frankincense. A soft, clear resiny cedar note blends with a creamy sandalwood note for a woody warmth. Later, honey asserts its sweet self with the florals to become the primary accord with just a wisp of smoke and benzoin.

All the notes are so well blended, subtle, and ethereal that I see this as a supremely feminine scent, but I would never discourage a man from trying to wear it. Just don't save it for evenings only. Wear it anytime. Wear it lavishly and often.

My apologies to those who feel overwhelmed by this perfume or subject to odd notes. You may be missing a prize...

monnema
monnema

After a look at some reviews about niche fragrances I ordered myself a sample that arrived today, and I am really disappointed. This fragrance just reminds me of old Avon soap that my grandma used to have.

So the only good thing out of this is that it reminds me of my grandma ;)

Explorador
Explorador

Civet. From start to finish. Then maybe a little more...civet, and then some. There are other notes, but always overwhelmed by that animalic and sweet/sweaty odor. I do like animalic notes and dense perumes, but this is not balanced at all.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Pungent and animalic. I get a strong opening of incense followed quickly by waxy bee honey. Unfortunately I do not appreciate any of the said included floral notes of ylang-ylang, Bulgarian and Iranian rose. One of my least favorites of Kurkdjian's eponymous line. (15)

magneto78
magneto78

I wore this on a hot spring day after spraying it on liberally at Neiman Marcus. It wasted well into the next day. Projection was medium. Smelled to me like a hint if florals a powdery honey sweet spice. I actually liked it alot

meama
meama

44) Perfect Decadence
Everything starts strongly with wood and alcohol(ageless Cognac). Quickly ylang-ylang, benzoin, cedar and sandalwood give you chills that cumin, musk or any other animal ingredients come support. Leather and real tobacco pipe complete the picture. This gives the feeling of being in contact with skin,
a touch of mystical incense remind that you are committing a sin.
The body appears finally subjugating, oriental chypre, sappy, deep, rich, and to be honest almost pushing the first few minutes. I've met a drunk and dirty bum in the subway which released this perfume. I found it oddly interesting to compare two similar odors, one that makes me sick, one that I find amazing.
The more time passes, the more it takes notes of flesh with a hint of patchouli
After an hour the sillage is more discreet but this time you have already embedded the person of your dreams in your bed. Indeed it was your intention when you bought this perfume.

deadidol
deadidol

This is a fascinating scent; a stunning blend of a not-too-sweet honey-rose, with a decidedly forceful animalic aspect. The cumin and the benzoin work wonders with the honey notes to produce what should be a jarring conflict, but is actually complementary. There's a real push-pull dynamic at work as the animalic quality is actually very dirty, bordering on challenging. But the whole composition comes together through of the inclusion of the honey, but also through a rich, woody base than carries both the sweet and the sweat in a unique way.

The longevity is very good, and the projection is tasteful (you may need to attenuate depending on circumstance), but this is a scent that would compliment evenings years round, and sits nicely in the category of comfort scent.

Think of a muted Back to Black, crossed with Sova's earthy hay, and all of the filthiness of MKK and you'll get somewhere close to what this is doing. To my nose, one of the most captivating and rewarding scents of the last five years.

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

This is an unusual fragrance. It is intriguing, pungent, sweet, and sharp. I hate to say it, because I don't want to turn anyone off to trying this, but it is reminiscent of animals in a stable. Considering the honey and floral notes, this is the scent of a beautiful mature woman mucking out a stall. Nonetheless, it is not unpleasant. I wouldn't wear it myself, because it does not suit me. However, it is definitely worth the experience. Give it a go.

alex_finance
alex_finance

This is really something to wear for an evening night out (or in, it depends on your company and mood ...) It lasts almost "forever" ! Very spicy, sweet, imposing, I was at first afraid to put it on, as I deeped it quite "offensive". But as time passes, the (my) skin absorbs it and gives it a subtler nuance of the hot spice and cedar.

Definitely a winter fragrance, for exotic and promising nights !

antfarm
antfarm

When first applied, this smells fecal and spicy and very...personal. However, the animalic notes eventually slip back behind the amber, honey, and incense to make this a lush creation that is dark and sexual.

It still maintains a hushed bodily intimacy by smelling like a man's breath after he has eaten spicy food, but the rose lends it an unusual jolie-laide elegance. If ever there was a scent to wear to "Eyes Wide Shut"-style orgies, this would be the one.

nicolastoll
nicolastoll

I dare say, that I know a thing or two about opulent, rich and/or "loud" fragrances and I do own a few of them in my little collection. But this is a bomb!

When I first smelled this on a tester strip my eyes started to water a bit and I got a head throb; this is one strong and intense concoction!
(I was quite surprised about my extreme physical reaction to it, because I never ever had that with a fragrance.)

It does smell a bit medicinal in the opening, but more like natural medicine, not clinical!

Tested on skin, I found the base a lot more bearable after a good few hours, after the scent has settled completely, and then it actually smells very pleasant: gentle, warm and sophisticated.

I just can't get over, what I think is a slight rancid butter smell, that lingers all the way to the dry down (and it takes a LONG time to settle!) and too much of Ylang-Ylang for my liking.

This isn't for me at all, but I can absolutely imagine someone else pulling this off ever so elegantly with grandeur! And I could tolerate it on someone else around and close to me, if it downright reflects their personality.
"Absolue Pour Le Soir" has amazing staying power. I could still smell it on me the next morning, so over 12h!
And sillage = extreme!

Marco Chau

I knew that I would come back to this. It was medicine like on paper the first time I smelled it but now that it is on the back of my hand, it becomes one of the most mesmerizing and interesting fragrances I have ever encountered. I could not resist but bought it this evening to enrich my fragrance wardrobe and look forward to turning some heads while wearing this in the near future.

Post Note: This fragrance just gets better and better on me with time. Now 13 hours after the first spray, it becomes gentle and pleasing with just the right balance of Ylang Ylang, Cumin and Benzoin.

Marco Chau

Smelled it the first time today on paper and the impression was medicine. It was very intense and kind of unpleasant to the nose. For some unknown reason, I kept on going back to it while I was smelling other fragrances. I was even tempted to get it at that time. It's strange.

CDGfan

This fragrance is an ode to Benzoin. Kurkdijian, himself Armenian, was probably quite influenced by the usage of Benzoin in Armenian church services. APS though heads in a even more Eastern direction, to the Coromandel Coast of Southern India. Benzoin is heavily used along the Coromandel Coast, locally called Sambrani, where it is used in temples, for scenting hair, and many other things. Sambrani is usually blended with spices, honey or dhoop. APS really reminded me of that.
The usage of the Indian cumin only further enhanced that experience.

ladykarl
ladykarl

Im pretty excited about this one.

Out of the bottle it smelled quite animalic/ stinky
Once it was on it became super smooth and the stinky parts blended into
the beautiful honey and all in all it was a warm very special balmy potion

I could smell it all over myself in the night; on my pillows and in my hair
it just keeps getting better!

I think its been well enough described here already so i'll just add:

This might not be the scent that the movie is based on but it might be the scent that the person was wearing while they were living the life that writes the book that inspires the film

but thats just my take

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

An intense aroma of honey and so natural also.
I feel it like in the SL Five O Clock, but here he seems to be dirtier, darker and more amber, probably the situation with hints of frankincense, amber and caraway and the difference is this wave of animalic nuances together.
This mixed which makes this fragrance balsamic, potent and very sweet, a real honey pot.

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

One of the most absolutely beautiful scents I've ever tried. I do not get the "dirty" , "body odor", "zoo" or "fecal" notes at all. Though I also don't detect the urine smell in Luten's Miel de Bois (a scent that I'd place in the top ten of my favorite scents) nor the "crotch" smell in Malle's Musc Ravageur (one of the only musks of which I can abide and a favorite from the line). *shrug* Absolue pour le Soir has no animalic quality to me. When I think of body odor or excretion type aroma I think of Luten's MKK. To me MKK smells like what I would imagine a juice could smell like were it filtered through a homeless person's underwear. Or Agent Provocateur which I find reminiscent of a woman's twice worn underwear at the tale end of her menstrual cycle (crotch and rusty pennies with a dash of Massengill rose implemented sometime within the same cycle).
But Absolue pour le Soir? Beautiful, smooth and golden. Rich. An ambery bronze statue. To me this does not smell like something you'd want to keep hidden; naughty or personal. In fact, quite the opposite. To me it smells golden. A sun. A shining golden nudey statue that should be revealed and displayed in a public venue/square, not hidden away somewhere blushing and shushing. I believe there are definitely scents like that but I don't find this to be one of them.

Wise-222
Wise-222

very heavy smell and i have noticed the dirty honey smell in this one,very hush fragrance, i loved it,

i recomended this perfume for people above 30

FruitDiet

What this is is a class-A 80's revival scent. It's like an 80's bludgeoner stripped of the obvious florals-- that huge syrupy fruity animalic honey amber, that huge incense. It's like the isolated base of an 80's bludgeoner. I mean it even reminds me of lesser 80's stuff like Christian Lacroix C'est la Vie. Very much like Montana and Diva without the chypre element. SO 80's! (its quieter sister, Miel de Bois, I also consider inadvertent 80's revival)

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Dark,Dirty,Gothic,Animalic,Sinful, Carnivorous, This one screams sex!

midos
midos

this is my review from 2ml sample
As kimberlylizkenr said:
Smells like (a dirty bee!benzoin), animalic ! I didn't smell anything else !!
Little and shy smoky rose!!. but it's unique smell ,really I like it ! something different and strange!
!
update : Damnn >>>>>this is sex desire Perfume and I am gonna buy ! no more words.

Darwish
Darwish

Siam benzoin, rich Iranian&Bulgarian honey rose, intensive somali incense......in other words: KILLER INSTINCT!

spiderman999
spiderman999

All 10/10...

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

ok. Let's demystify this. It is a simple composition really, your typical labdanum and vanilla amber. Opens up with a huge cistus eo (that to many people reads animalic and skunky and to me smells a bit like a mix of marijuana and mediterranean herbs). Blended with labdanum absolute (that typically people recognize as incense) it gives off the exact smell you get when you crush cistus leaves between your fingers. First skunk then incense. It typically turns into a sweet balsamic scent towards the end with honey-benzoin-vanilla. This combination that I cannot emphasize just how basic it is, perhaps shocks some in its simplicity. The cistus note is very harsh at first and on my skin there is no floral element at all to temper it a bit. I like it but I find it slightly "indecent". I like it better when the sweetness of the base becomes evident but the top notes are still present to contrast it. The honey note is not extremely realistic. Instead, it is rendered powdery and nicely wraps the labdanum accord, in the drydown however it becomes quite blunt.

To sum it up, this is quite original for modern standards but no breakthrough in its own right. Its performance on skin is not phenomenal either. Longevity is ok but projection is minimal after the first hour. The vanillic drydown will put off anyone who's not a vanilla lover. I dont' see this offer as something unique or irreplaceable and one can certainly do better with the budget required to own it. Sorry FK

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Absolue pour le Soir...mmmmmm, oui, absolument! toute la journee, toute la nuit...

Opens big but soft, in a luxurious cloud of honeyed roses, musk, and warm, slightly smoky incense. As it settles in, I'm noticing the ylang-ylang a bit, with drifts of benzoin, woods, and maybe a tiny hint of civet? The caraway/cumin in it seems completely tempered by the resins and woods; which is good for me as I don't like cumin to stand out in a scent. I don't get any hint of smelling like a green olive, as another reviewer did, thankfully. Doesn't seem to be evolving further, and that is fine because I am loving it exactly as it is. Really sexy, really yummy and so very up my alley. This may become one of my "goldilocks" perfumes, as it seems "just right": not too sweet, not too smoky, not too sharp, not too bland, not too faint...all the right notes, in my favorite key, sung perfectly. And did I mention sexy? :)

This has a very nicely rounded composition; not the tightrope artistry of a Tauer or the classic solidity of one of the great Guerlains, but a feeling of mastery nonetheless, as if composed by someone who knew exactly what he was doing and understood the nuances of selecting each ingredient for just the right contribution to the whole. (Not surprising, considering the nose is Kurkdjian.) I've tested several fabulous perfumes this week, and now I'll have to decide between "Incense Rose" and this "Absolue pour le Soir" for full bottle purchase in the incense + rose Oriental category. They are very different, but both alluring...maybe large decants of both?

Sillage is nicely definite though not overwhelming on me, and so far it's lasting rather well. I'll see how it survives dance class and the rest of the evening; anything that can make it through that has endurance.

Definitely recommended!

jgirgar
jgirgar

Tried it today and this is truly unique and does not resemble any of my other fragrances. Prior to reading the other reviews my guess was smoky incense with a subtle sweetness lingering in there like dark caramel. I think the churchy incense flavor we get from this is frankincense. Quite lovely and and I'll try again and wear it for a while before I decide to take the plunge. Certainly got my attention. JG 042112

glorious1
glorious1

I love Opium, not at all intimidated by strong perfumes but......something about this is just off. Is it cumin? cedar? benzoin? I don't know but the dry down just isn't pleasant. Must be for a man? It is like someone singing off key! Not in tune. What can I say?

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

When this hits you, it really hits you: Powerful, animalic, dark, sensual - this is quite a fragrance. And it lasts all day - and I do mean all day. I wouldn't be surprised if someone woke up with this smell still on them. I don't want to be too censorious here, but this might be too strong for some people, perhaps too overpowering. The benzoin and frankincense (?) stand out for me above all the other notes people are mentioning, and they die down a bit after the initial, incredibly strong top notes. A bit much at first, but that is just the type of fragrance this is, if you can handle it.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

Smells like a dirty bee that bathed in benzoin. Nothing to write home about.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I just want to say, I love the "Reminds me of" feature. Not only do you get to leave a personal review, but you are also able to give a visual of what fragrances you feel are similar. In the case of Pour Le Soir, a memory of Lord's Jester Daphne was triggered. This is liquid incense in a nutshell, but far too complex to be summarized. In the opening, you get the effect of incense when it is first lit, minus the elements of fire and smoke. Ironically Perfume means "through smoke." More so the latin translation "perfumum." It took a little longer than average to find my way to the base notes being that this perfume is extremely potent. For those of you who thought Clinique Aromatics Elixir and Opium for Women were strong, experience this and your opinion may be subject to change. After time the smoke begins to clear and honey is revealed, but it is not alone. The rose seems to be blossoming nearby, but overpowered by everything else. The Ylang Ylang is always present, yet doesn't deliver it's full essence in the end. I suppose that part of the incense burned out. What remains? Earthy-balmy sandalwood, whispers of cedar and a little honey to smooth it all over. The dry down is somewhat the eye of the storm. Pour Le Soir starts out vivid and concludes in a state of warmth and tranquility.

al.to
al.to

very interesting!!
benjoin,animalic bee notes almost fecal and rose
intriguing deep liqueur
but also a little smoking scent.
certainly for cool weather.
dirty and sensual like musks!

it seems the right version of m/m ink byredo.

update on the skin:it seems that my skin enhances the smoky fecal notes so
this scents became on me the closer odor to the cigar tobacco just fermented.

stephan

First impression: dirty, disgusting honey. Thumbs down! Excellent lasting power.

ETA: dry down is gorgeous! Thumbs up!

ETA: I've bought a bottle. This works on fabric better than on my skin.

Oh my, I went to the supermarket 3 hours after using 4 sprays of this stuff. The cashier (first time I see this guy), standing at a 1m distance, told me while scanning my purchases: 'Gentleman the one. I have the same cologne'. me: 'Sorry, this was a gift. Did I spray too much? I can't smell it myself now.' he: 'No, it's strong but it's a good scent.'

ETA: I'm sorry to edit this review so often, but Absolue Pour le Soir is just so complex and multi faceted. After a shower, it now smells identical to ... Tam Dao. APLS just keeps fascinating me!

ETA: When I smell honey (or sometimes pee), other people say I smell like church. I ask 'incense?' they answer 'no, church.' My conclusion now after trying this scent a few days is that it will never become a best seller, because the notes blend on a very strange way. I think Kurkdjian did a honest job, but too complicate. Sort of intellectual mast*rb*tion... It took me a few days to understand Shalimar, and now it's my favorite scent. But this fragrance, Absolue pour le Soir, I can't define it, and so I can't love it. :( Thumbs up for the high concentration and lasting power. I hope I will learn to appreciate it more because the bottle was expensive.

emilee4
emilee4

Rich and deep oriental with a strong bezoin/incense note. High quality perfume, but too masculine for me. Also it reminds me too much of the incense used in churches.

calyx93
calyx93

Very, VERY sexy - just enough animalic skank tempered with sweaty honey sweetness. The composition is simple, but very effective, the benzoin and floral elements give it gentle refinement but the cumin, honey and cedar combination remains very noticeable and radiates a deep carnal heat. I could swear there's a bit of civet in here too.

This is one of the few fragrances I now have that's strictly reserved for intimate encounters or contemplative evenings with cognac and sumptuous nibbles - it would feel out of place otherwise.

The depth, longevity and sillage make it well worth the price - I absolutely love it!

As Absolue Pour Le Soir touched my skin I immediately had a feeling of deja-vu. Something familiar but at the same time pleasing and intriguing. It took me a few more minutes to realize that the skanky/animalic opening of this composition bought to my mind of a sort of mash-up between Musc Ravageur and Muscs Koublai Khan. Don't get me wrong, Absolue Pour Le Soir is not similar to either of the afore mentioned fragrances but it surely shares with them the dirty-sexy vibe. It opens with a strong animalic note enriched by benzoin and cedarwood but where Musc Ravageur introduces lavender and turns really soon into a gourmandic spicy vanilla and Muscs Koublai Khan settles into a "cleaner" musky rose, this one stays pretty dark and mantains the intitial skunky vibe throughout. Honeyed rose and smoky frankincense make their appearance in the middle phase adding extra boldness and a dense syrupy aspect.

Overall I'd say that APLS represents a step forward among dark muscs and brings this kind of fragrances to a brand new level where the challenging animalic nuances are enriched by incredible refinements and details. Not for everybody, but if you think MKK is too challenging/rough and Musc Ravageur turns too soon into a gourmandic vanilla, Absolue Pour Le Soir could be a valid option. Personally I rank it among my favorite compositions in its genre.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I got a sample of that perfume from someone.I told that it is an evening perfume, which is my "cup of tea". It is dark , kind of oily perfume with note of pepper,something mediciny, and something neausatic.I am not in awe of that smell, I wouldn't even buy it on clearance.

Migotka
Migotka

Absolue pour le Soir contains notes that for me guarantee a fragrance that I knew I would enjoy wearing before I even sniffed it- honey, incense, rose, sandalwood.

It was the first fragrance from this house I tied and I was not disappointed- it's sweet and dark and smoky. It makes me think of a vibrant cities, night life, clubs, fancy dress, life pulsing on the busy streets.

I enjoy it, since it satisfies both my sweet tooth and the occasional need of refinement and elegance when I go out. I enjoy the deep, dark incense and the sweet notes of honey combined together, and the warm woody notes.

adele l
adele l

Better for a man I think! Deep, resinous and woody with a hint of spice..no flowers on my skin. Strong with a subtle powder; the cumin is not at all dirty..that said, decidedly masculine.

Cereza
Cereza

Sweet, cloying with loads of buttery ylang ylang and extremely thick sandalwoood followed by more sweetness of honey and resins. On my skin there is no flowers, no incense, just this sweet, cloying mess which is totally not working on my skin. It's simply too much.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I enjoyed sampling this, but it is more clearly for the gents. So I made my boyfriend wear it as well to get a comparision.

On him I got more of the cedar/carroway, and on myself the softer florals. Even on me, however, the cedar stands out. This is a dry wood, and as typical for this line is clean and crisp.

FK markets this as a 'night on the town', but I would add that the night would include a trip to a steakhouse followed by a high end club. This is a bit 'ritzy' for casual wear.

A good fragrance, but I prefer the more delicate le Matin.

mocha43
mocha43

I got this as a sample from Lucky Scent. When I first tried it I thought, hmmm, this smells so familiar,what is this? Within a few seconds I had it! It smells exactly like a jumbo delicious green olive in oil and brine straight from my grocery deli. I love to eat these olives so I have my stock in my fridge. The aroma is one that I never considered wearing as a fragrance but perhaps some might like it. Certainly it is worth sampling.