Designers » M » « Groups

Amyris Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women

Amyris Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women
dislike

oud

Amyris Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Amyris Femme was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. Top notes are lemon leaf and orange leaf; middle notes are amyris and iris; base notes are vetiver and agarwood (oud).

Lemon Leaf Orange Leaf

Amyris iris

Vetiver Agarwood (Oud)

Carven Le Parfum

Amyris Femme Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Hard to describe this one! The notes are so well-blended that it is almost impossible to pick out any of the individual ones. The entirety of the fragrance doesn't progress much past the initial spray, it's a pretty linear scent - bright, uplifting, cheery, and fresh... while still retaining it's depth. To some people, this may seem like a boring scent, especially for the price you have to pay for a bottle - but I have searched high and low for something "fresh" (that still feels like me), especially for warm weather, and for work... and this is it! It quickly became a favorite. It's effortless to wear, and feels very polished and sophisticated - no giant bells and whistles. I typically go for heavy scents full of thick vanilla, incense, dark dark florals, tobacco, patchouli, etc... and this is the exact opposite of the spectrum that I needed to round out my collection.

The longevity is wonderful for a "fresh" scent, a good 7+ hours, and it does sit somewhat close to the skin - but I don't think many people would wear a scent like this when they're looking for major beastly projection.

Definitely something to give a sniff! The Homme version is quite nice for the gents, too.

P.S. - that oud note is 100% nonexistent.
P.P.S - This bottle is serious business, also. It's so heavy, the lid is made of super heavy solid metal, in the photo it looks like plastic - don't be fooled!

louanna
louanna

Did not work for me. I must be one of the few, whose skin chemistry ruins this beautiful scent. Love it how it smells in the bottle, but on me it smells like embalming fluid.
Such a disappointment!

Hellita
Hellita

OH.MY.GOD! I have no words good enough for my experience with this magical but expensive stuff. Pure luxury, pure heaven! I will gladly spend the little fortune on this one very soon!

EDIT: So I bought this jewel in London and I feel like a soft smelling angel when wearing it. It is SO SOFT and delicate. The opening is citrusy, and during dry down I'm smelling a soft rose-like scent (guess the Amyris reminds me of a soft rose), and after many hours the oud is coming out deliciously. It remains soft (but still good sillage!) throughout, but the dry down is so awesome because you can follow the different steps hour by hour. It's was all the different fases of the dry down that eventually made me buy it. Also, you can't beat the longevity. It stays all day - even the next morning. Perfection!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice, sweet, light, intriguing, average longevity.

hadassa
hadassa

"Oh, Francis Kurkdjian, why are you doing this to me...", this is what I whispered when AMYRIS hit my skin, because it is another infatuation I cannot help to resist. This perfume is typically MFK: tremendous quality, seemingly simple composition, highest level of refinement while still being very wearable, alluring, neither snobbish nor cold.

It is quite surprising for me to see "a nice citrus perfume" type of reactions, although we are all very different. To me it is very rich and multidimensional, very far from being just a citrusy cologne. In fact, it is cutrusy, woody, milky, powdery and floral with a not-so-virginal touch. I mean the oud edge, which is very strong to my nose here (not medicinal, just dry and a bit smoky). It makes the freshness, softness, and purity of the floral and fruity notes stand out so beautifully! This is exactly what FK did in Elie Saab EDP, in which the combination of sweet orange blossom and that note of raw asphalt makes it special, and distinctively kurkdjianian... In Amyris, the contrast of freshness and woody smokiness is taken on another level. The price is high, but it's worth it.

Just wanted to mention the loveliest creaminess and milkiness of Amyris, which creates another dimension . Citrus, smoke/wood (oud), creaminess (not sure where it comes from) and powderiness (iris): Amyris is all this.

The longevity is more than 6-7 hours on me.

This is how true daytime luxury should smell like: not "opulence in your face", but refinement, sophistication and good manners. Well, at least until the night comes :)

raw umber
raw umber

Like Kterhark, I feel it is easiest to describe Amyris by recounting the situation in which I tested it. I was in a store waiting for my friend to arrive, and decided to try it on a test strip. After reading Jtd's review about how Amyris has so much integrity, with Kurkdjian intentionally striking those balances and whatnot, I decided I could TRUST Amyris, and gave two sprays to the bosom, and one on each wrist; sort of a big risk considering I was headed directly to a new years party. I then proceeded to wait for my friend in the chain pharmacy next door. While gazing over the toothbrushes and discounted Christmas stuff, I felt as though Amyris had created a tiny portal into another place and season.

With laser precision, Amyris was clearing away all of the richness and stuffiness of the holidays, and showing me a fresh and sparkling world of delicate almost tart flowers trembling under the cool shade. Suddenly, I was content to stand in Duane Reade forever, staring at toothbrushes.

Were the flowers going to become TOO tart? Was Amyris going to grow and grow and become too cloying? I closed my eyes and remembered about striking the balances. I waited and waited, breathing carefully... and discovered that once again, jtd had spoken the truth. Amyris never over stepped its bounds and remained a true beauty down to the last trace, several hours later at my crowded New Years party. What a lovely and unexpected way to ring in the new year.

I agree with other reviewers that Amyris has an almost virginal feeling and that it is very pretty pretty, but it also has a poetic, almost solemn quality that lets you completely escape into it, like nature itself. I love it.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

I acquired a little 6 ml decant of this frag thanks to my very dear, generous friend. I want to start off by saying that I've sampled a few different frags by this house, and while I did enjoy some, I'm wasn't/am not all that blown away with them. Maybe the hefty price tag is somewhat of a deterrent as well, (70 ml for $185+) but who knows.
Any-who, Amyris Femme is a very happy go lucky, cheerful, almost virginal-like frag. I feel as though I'm skipping through the fields amongst rows and rows of wild flowers on a warm, but crisp spring day. I'm surrounded by grazing deer, cute little bunnies and birds following me around while chirping a joyful, animated array of tunes as I whole heartily personify my inner Laura Ingalls.
As far as notes go, I get a blast of citrus in the opening, some hefty florals, a little bit of a smokey, earthy green undertone mixed with some sweetness. It's not a bad composition by any means, but I like my frags to be a bit deeper, denser and more robust, (well I lied, a LOT deeper, denser, ect.)
Don't get me wrong though, there are a lot of people who's preference is polar opposite from mine and absolutely adore this frag or would adore this frag, but it's just not for me.
As far as sillage, lasting power and projection, the sillage was very faint, projection was moderate but within 2 hours it sat close to my skin and lasting power was average. I got 5-6 hours tops.
So in conclusion, I'm happy to have it in my collection, even if it's just a small decant, more so for reference than wearability but if interested, I'd suggest sampling first.
Final rating: 2/5 :/ just wasn't my cup of steaming hot tea with two Splenda and some 1% milk.

Cereza
Cereza

AMYRIS is not unique and not groundbreaking, but it's one of the best florals I've tried in a while and I am completely in love.
AMYRIS is refreshing yet warm, elegant, feminine. The notes are brilliant, amyris tends to turn metallic on me, but not here, this perfume is simply so well done that it's hard to resist.

And even if I said that it's not unique I still thank that there is nothing like this out there anyway.

A masterful floral fragrance.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Amyris is a well grounded, flexible, tan scent.

I was delighted to come across it at Needless Markup while dashing towards the Guerlain counter. I dusted my bosom then went on my way, forgetting about it altogether when confronted by Guerlain's ample display. Later, when I developed a sniffing-induced headache, I tucked into an Irish Pub for a break. As luck would have it a nice, single man sat next to me and soon we were having a lively conversation.

This is when the rubber meets the road... it is very, very hard to be friendly with someone when your recently spritzed bosom is right under their nose. Had Amyris been a stinker I would have turned aside and watched the football game. But blessedly, I smelled of freshly stirred earth and clean, blurred lines. I love the vegetative aspect; its juicy and sly. I don't get much oud, and I say this having sampled Silk oud, where it was much stronger. Amyris is rooted in femininity; I felt confident wearing it and would wear it again. Longevity is good, as is the quality. Love :-)

malchoni
malchoni

Today I am wearing this lovely fragrance. It is a unique combination between Le Parfum by Ellie Saab and Shalimar Initial by Guerlain. Fresh and playfull as Le Parfum and sweet and pink like Shalimar Initial /not that much sweet though/. BUT it is unique fragrance, you cannot mistake it with none of the other two mentioned above, I just try to discribe the fragrance. In some moments of the dry down, I can detect something really "clean"....like the air in rose garden after rain. You still feel/detect the roses, but with freshness and airness added. And then comes the green note. It is not dominant, but you can feel it all the time blended in the pink and sweet. Well, it is as you when see a rose - there is a green part there too. :-)

adele l
adele l

I love Lumiere Noir from this house, am finding Amarys merely pretty in comparison, but it is very very nice. Very feminine and powdery with faint citrus, no jarring notes whatsoever..would be a great daytime scent

lisa o
lisa o

it seems to be executed with expensive raw materials as many of the offerings of the kurkdjian line. although I must confess that I can't detect any of the ingredients listed (maybe they're fused so well). for me, amyris is a quite unsurprising scent...
and actually it is pretty - as pretty as many of the "fresh florals" desperately want to be but breathlessly end in some boring dusky musk or sticky vanilla or just vanish after the first blast. this one goes on and I must say the more often I wear it, the more I enjoy its uncomplicated brightness and can generously overlook the lack of a certain "twist"- and I am normally not so much the typical person for "uncomplicated" or "pretty", nor do I need "office friendly".
it's like you recognize another perfume, but can't quite remember which one it was.
I tried to like f.e. the elie saab line, but maybe this one is more like the juice I was hoping for.
maybe the twist, the unusual, lies in the fact that it follows a concept suitable for mass market (in terms of something difficult to dislike- not even a bad thing) using elaborate ingredients.

Aysu
Aysu

A very exceptional citrus smell, very far from mass market productions and screams out quality. Actually it would be unfair to call it a citrus perfume because it is also woody & powdery and this makes perfume very grounded. I also detect something sweet at the very beginning (even one of my friends in the office asked "if someone has spritzed Miss Dior Cherie?" ) But it is only at the beginning then fragrance starts to develop more more and more and shows you different facets

deia
deia

@prettyswag, the nose for Saab is ...guess who, Francis Kurkdjian, that is why Saab is similar to Amyris, Aqua Universalis or Aqua Vitae:-)
By the way, I simply love Amyris and it lasts for days, it's fresh, but sexy, feminine and alluring.
My favourite from Kurkdjian

jtd
jtd

I'm an ass.

I have a confession. I didn’t want to like the Maison Francis Kurkjian line. I wasn’t hoping for his failure by any means, but I didn’t personally want to like the line. It’s targeted at the perfume wearer I’m not, nor want to be. I recognize the value of branding, product identity, coherence, etc. to achieve the sales. But this line seems to sell itself as superfluous luxe. Scent your way through a life of unfocussed privilege.

The brand seems breathless to cross the line from quality products to be appreciated, to finery to be consumed. I know MFK aspires to be the Guerlain of the 21st century. But it seems more like (while this is unlikely to be taken as an insult, it is intended as one) the Hermes of perfume. To me, Hermes is a collection of painstakingly well-crafted baubles with a cost-to-function ratio that can’t be assessed since there is no function save the symbolism of affluence.

But my negativity has bitten me in the ass. The three perfumes I’ve tried in this line are pretty spectacular. Lumiere Noire pour Homme isn’t my bag, but is a seminal contribution to the resuscitation of the chypre. Cologne pour le Soir, the fragrance and the notion, take my breath away. Now Amyris pour Femme, the exceptional every-day fragrance. Amyris captures the logic that $2 K is better spent on a few ‘perfect’ pair of trousers and sweaters to wear often than the same amount spent on a suit you might wear once or twice.

I wanted to dog MFK for making perfume as decoration. I was entirely wrong. Amyris pour Femme is the exact opposite of what I wanted to accuse this line of. It is a lesson in the value of everyday quality. I imagine there are many people who simply want to wear a pretty perfume, and Amyris is a pretty perfume. But it is exceptionally pretty. It’s not so much minimal as it is to-the-point. It doesn’t require theory or critical thought. Its beauty is more self-evident than most fragrances.

Don’t get me wrong. You can think about this perfume. It has a clear intention, it is self-possessed. It has such a forthright demeanor, that it manages to come off as both unrestrained and austere. Its composition has that balance and effortlessness that tells you that it wasn’t found by accident. A perfumer has to be deliberate to strike these balances. The fragrance just doesn’t show the sweat that must have gone into it.

So to Mr. Kurkdjian, I apologize for the meanness of my assumptions. And thank you for proving me wrong.

from scent hurdle.com

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I like it but it is not love at the first sniff like with Lumiere Noire ;) It is not an immediately I-HAVE-TO-BUY-A-FB-ONE. But very wearable and a never fails fragrance.

beata4u2
beata4u2

When I first tried Amyris I liked it but I didn't really think much of it. And yet every time I was in Selfridges or Liberty I would spray it on my wrist and then inhale it deeply after an hour or two hours or six hours trying to figure out where I smelled it before. What fragrance smelled exactly like Amyris. And yet I couldn't remember. And today when doing grocery shopping I also bought a small bunch of freesias after checking first that they were fragrant. I brought them back home, put them in the vase and then inhaled deeply. And then I had a moment of enlightenment - I finally figured out why I thought I knew Amyris! To me it smells like freesias, not exactly, not literally, but so, so close. And I love freesias so much. I just compared my fresh bunch of freesias to a paper sample with Amyris and here is my impression: under very freesia like scent of flowers on the top there is very delicate woody note in the background of Amyris that makes it deeper and also adds some volume to flowers This is as close as I can describe it! I can't wait when I get full bottle of it. In the meantime I enjoy the scent of my fresh freesias.

prettyswag
prettyswag

i like this...but the price tag!.. smells like e sabb...and i have that....

antonpan
antonpan

This one is a younger version of Chanel Allure / Allure Sensuelle with flowers that smell more pure, clear and sparkling. Nonetheless the composition was already created by Jacques Polge.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Very refreshing. It's a sparkling floral-green from start to finish, the fizz only giving a little leeway to a slightly powdery note in the drydown. It's easy to wear and easy on the nose, I doubt many if any would find fault with the fragrance itself. Sillage is soft and longevity average, about 4 hours and I need a respray. The listed notes are all there except for the oud (at least I can't detect any in this sparkler). It's pretty and a mood-lifter for sure, but it's price tag is a major deterrent for me and unless this goes on sale (highly doubtful), I don't think it'll be making its home with me anytime soon, regretfully. If you are in the mood for a fizzy bubbly albeit not inexpensive, this would be right up your alley.

I just received my sample and at first I liked Amyris , bright cheerful floral, but then on drydown, all I get is citrusy notes, no woodsy notes, so in my views too screechy for me to like it. Or then the option is to wear it in summer, but for now, this is such a simplistic scent for such a high price that it is almost a rip off!?
Definitely an aromatic/ citrusy scent, not my favourite category.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

I get the comparison to Ralph Lauren Romance. Romance is better in my opinion. Amyris Femme is like a watered down Romance mixed with Diorissimo. Big time linear white flower up front and not much supporting it other that some powdery citrus. Not working for me. Not bad, not special either. Not what I would expect from a niche house with it's niche pricing.

Later in the day edit: So the linear flower subsided and it warmed up quite a bit. I would describe it now as "softly warmly sparkling". Major improvement, went form dislike to like for me. So my adivce to anyone who may not like it initially is to give it time before you scrub because this really evolved. I went form yuck to impressed. Color me happily surprised!

malenapo
malenapo

Beautiful, elegant, subtle, warm but fresh, iris in a new way in combination with citrus and oud.

fragranticafan001
fragranticafan001

Beautiful fragrance; fresh and warm, elegant and sophisticated but not heavy, perfectly balanced, long-lasting with moderate sillage, so - perfectly turned out as you might expect from Kurkdjian. As the dry down unfolds you don't lose the refreshing opening, it just softens with a little powdery freshness (if that's possible). Then the amyris really starts to sing. Must be love!

Amyris Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian 4.01 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amyris Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amyris Femme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.