Designers » M » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Aqua Vitae Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men

Aqua Vitae Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men
dislike

Aqua Vitae Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men Pictures Aqua Vitae Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men Pictures

This citrus-woody fragrance was inspired by a trip to the Mediterranean island Formentera.

Notes: Calabrian lemon, Sicilian mandarin, Brazilian tonka bean, vanilla infusion, hedione, guaiac wood. Aqua Vitae was launched in 2013.

Lemon Sicilian Mandarin Tonka Bean Vanilla Jasmine Guaiac Wood Hedione

Aqua Vitae Fragrance Reviews

Liquidasset77
Liquidasset77

Hold on.... I just sprayed it. Where did it go? You will spray 70ml in one month. These base notes should support this fragrance better than they do. Very fleeting hedione heavy frag with citrus and slightly sweet guiac wood. Rustic Italian countryside is what I imagine

lilymorena
lilymorena

Nice citrus scent but too soft and poor sillage. At the beginning it does smell as Aqua Universalis Forte but the last one has a beter sillage and the drydown is also nicer on my skin. Aqua Vitae also has a bit of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche. After 15 minutes it changes, the smell is still nice but I have to put my nose against my backhand to smell it. Don't get me wrong Aqua Vitae smells really nice but if I have to choose between Aqua Vitae en Aqua Universalis Forte I would choose the second one.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This is definitely a high class scent.
The base notes are all detectable and intertwined and delicious. especially the man and woman's variant..Very interesting...I love it!
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

SOFT & WARM CITRUS

Almost seems like an oxymoron, no?

I never thought it was possible to use 'soft/warm' when describing a citrus based fragrance. But MFK has done it - and has done it beautifully.

As the fragrance unfolds, the warmth continues to blossom with elegance.

Yes, it is a skin scent. But that's the beauty of it. Sometimes you just want something just for you.

andreaszabo
andreaszabo

Just when I was losing hope of finding a perfect blend I found Aqua Vitae.
Here is the moment when the aria brings tears to your eyes, your heart sings, breathing suspended then exhausted deeply so the next intake will be full of flavor. Yes, it’s that good.
The downside is that it’s fleeting as are all ephemeral, exquisite experiences, not sure if this is on purpose…
Aqua Vitae opens with a sweet, soft citrus tiny sweet oranges and their blossoms wrapped in a soft guaze of musk. The balance is perfect, no hard edges, not too warm nor too cold.
The entire composition is perceptible at the start, the perfect operatic olfactory overture, no Divas here, just the genius behind the curtain.
Aqua Vitae is the the quintessence of harmony. I absolutely adore this scent. Genius.

PAK
PAK

A gentle wave of citrus floral goodness, A very tranquil scent with tart and juicy notes all of which is bunched together delicately bitter and sweet. Overall one of the best most proportionate openings you will ever smell! From the moment you spray it on the skin, the feeling of Aqua Vitae is very soft and smooth from the beginning!! As time goes by, the drydown evokes a smell of soft jasmine. A very, very nice and unique fragrance...

lilalina
lilalina

Very familiar scent. I do not detect any tonka bean in this. Strong vanilla, lemon with a floral and musky tone to it. Reminds me of one from Frederic Malle's or Byredo..

jhitt793

'Aqua Vitae' opens with a sudden burst of Calabrian lemon and Sicilian mandarin. The effect is quite refreshing and is akin to gentle splash of cold water to the face, awakening to your senses. The vivid citrus notes are soon accompanied by the warm and embracing tonka bean and vanilla. It is here that the fragrance's sensual side is shown. Tonka bean with its coumarin qualities conjure up hints of warm tobacco and caramel overtones, melding deliciously with the included vanilla infusion. This vanilla is less gourmand and more seductive in tone. For me it evokes the feeling of dry, warm hay which has been baked by the sun. Throughout all of this, a shimmering effect is produced a synthetic note known as hedione. Its scent is vaguely familiar to jasmine, with a dense fatty floral odor. The outcome is as if sunlight is hitting a flower petal, producing a brilliant radiance and inner warmth. Guaiac wood anchors the base of the fragrance. It is a fitting finale to this fragrance opus, as one of its nicknames is "lignum vitae", meaning "wood of life". Guaiac wood's smokey facets are subtle but and a much needed to counterbalance the light and airy top notes. (Re review )

Read my in depth review at
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

black_orchid
black_orchid

I have tried it few days ago and I like it a lot. It's start the bright citrus notes and continues like vanillic-jasmine creamy notes on the skin. Many people said for it that little bit mainstream but if you want to enjoy with your summer scent in the season I think you should look at this. Also, longevitiy is ok.

Sojourner
Sojourner

Sadly, bitter on me to the point of being acrid.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Very delicate, light. Great work!

In the beginning hit my nose yuzu!
Silent citrus with well-balanced background.

Unfortunately not long lasting.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

First of, I really like Kurdjian's work, it's like art to me. Nose art. However (and I probably have this issue with most citrus scents) as bright, sparkly and natural-Prozac this is, it truly does not last on skin/clothes for more than an hour, no matter how liberally I spray. For the short span of time that I can smell it, it really is as enjoyable as a hike in fresh mountain air. Bright, sparkly, zesty and all other positive words come to mind when applying this. After it settles it becomes slightly more jasmine/woodsy...and then it's gone. If there was a way this could be made a more tenacious scent, I would definitely not think twice about purchasing a bottle.

Roge'
Roge'

I'm usually not a fan of white florals but it was done right in this one. The Jasmine note in Aqua Vitae is surprisingly tight lipped. No loud citruses here; just a subtle lemon dripped to perfection onto a base of guaiac. Speaking of the guaiac, the jasmine and guaiac together is so harmonious you can easily mistake it for sandlewood. It's like a Pegasus wing(only thing I can think of). This smells like a successful and well organized gentleman or a beautiful runway model. Don't mean to confuse you with the left field contrast but no need to worry, this is safely unisex. Nice.

ateghipc
ateghipc

Discretely fresh. This is not a grand experiment in perfumery, but it is commendable nonetheless for the suave with which it manages to pull off a run of the mill citrus. We are treated to a creamy citrus that always retains its citrus quality foremost. First, it is the guaiac that plays with the citrus and then it is an almost imperceptible whiff of slightly vanillic tonka. Under the direction of the guaiac note, the citrus is given a spicy yet distinctly creamy quality. As the guaiac fades the concoction becomes vaguely creamier. In the end, this seems to me for the most part a spicy fresh scent that doesn't take any risks (even smells very average and designer) but is nonetheless impeccably blended.

The retail price MFK is charging for this is outrageous and the lack of uniqueness here makes me recommend you pass on it. That said, if you are looking for something that smells more sophisticated than a run of the mill designer citrus but not as outstandingly peculiar as a run of the mill niche fragrance this is a fantastic place to start. This fragrance is really only worth it if you are looking for a niche that plays it very safe and by the book.

spidola
spidola

It’s very fresh, sparkling daytime scent. I’m sorry to say it, but as much I love FK creations, I do not love Aqua Vitae a lot. By the way, I adore Cologne Pour le Matin, which should be his sister… Aqua Vitae has the same vibe as Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme or Armani Acqua di Giò, IMO . Sporty, easy, summery, carefree - are the words coming to my mind with it. And for me it’s masculine, not unisex perfume.

nicok
nicok

I had high expectations for this one, as for every perfume from MFK.
Quite disappointing that he copied CK one so may years after.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

This one needs to be worn generously. The lemon and tangerine pop and sizzle then fizzle. Then it went sharp and dusty for a few minutes It was down to a soft non-sweet vanilla and woody jasmine skin scent within an hour.
I love MFK's scents, but this one is so light and fleeting that I cannot justify adding it to my collection. The smell of laundry detergent on my clothes lasts longer.

gomt
gomt

Aqua Vitae is a very bright and refreshing summer perfume. A fizzy, citrusy fragrance that gradually turns into a tender skin scent... and soon it's gone. Sillage and longevity are not too impressive.

lucasai
lucasai

It's my favorite perfume from MFK right next to Absolue Pour le Matin. Aqua Vitae is very fresh, cripsy and citrusy but it also has some warm tenderness. It's ideal for summer.
I reviewed it on my blog too.

jhitt793

Opens very brightly, with a fresh citrus accord. The addition of hedione gives a brilliant radiance to the fragrance, as if sunlight hitting a flower petal. Quickly things evolve, with the hesperidic opening quickly being replaced by the musky and denser guaiac wood and tonka bean in the base. The addition of vanilla here offers a creamy smoothness and sensual nature to the fragrance. Upon first impression, Aqua Vitae seemed strangely familiar to me. This similarity seemed to derive from Kurkdjian's Amyris Homme, which also includes both mandarin and tonka bean notes. I found the scent to be quite pleasing/satisfying, and can easily be enjoyed by both sexes. My only disappointment with this offering is in its very weak longevity and sillage. After an hour or two I found it nearly imperceptible. For those looking for an innocuous daytime scent for the office, this may fit the bill. (44)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Vitae by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Vitae by Maison Francis Kurkdjian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.