Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

dislike

honey
smoky
Cologne Pour Le Soir Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men Pictures

Cologne Pour Le Matin is a fragrance for men and women introduced in 2009 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian in olfactive duet with Cologne Pour Le Soir, as good night stories, or for having rest at night or day. The fragrance is composed of cashmere and leather.

Incense Benzoin Rose white honey

Absolue Pour le Soir
Amber Oud

Cologne Pour Le Soir Fragrance Reviews

devilluvzme
devilluvzme

Metalman, your reviews are amazing
i think i am gonna spend a day reading all the reviews you have written.
Would love it if you smell MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir and state your thoughts.
I love it more than cologne pour le soir

MetalMan
MetalMan

It's twilight - the day and night meet in the most blinding fashion. You are called toward the empty rose garden for a walk amongst the silent beauties. You reach out and touch the delicate petals only to see them retract at the gentle gesture - am I a monster in their world? You pull away, close your eyes, and breathe deeply - their soft, delicate scent is intoxicating...like infantile angles and fiery maidens. A solemn bench nearby awaits your heavy heart. Your stillness is met by the deep ambery glow of the setting sun, the last traces of their honeyed warmth swallowed by the earth. Darkness descends and the silence is deafening - it feels inviting. Time is lost in this seemingly innocuous garden. Even the most beautiful things will tear you apart if you're not careful. A soft dew collects on the now closed roses and a chill settles in - you pull your coat in closely and notice lipstick on your collar and smell her velvety musk and sultry honey skin, lingering. You choose not to let your mind wander as nothing good will ever come of it. You smile as you walk back into the house, the coat hanging on the lip of the trash. Life is too short for the hopeless romantics - your lonely bed will suffice.

Day 73 - Fallen angels
Listening to: Agnes Obel - Arches

Notes: I was certainly not expecting such a soft and beautiful fume to come out of the bottle. I was awaiting some wildly exotic, animalic honey and rose - maybe that's what the original form was but this is a gentle soul (maybe a little seductive though...). It is quite simple and only shifts once from intro to exit, but it would be mesmerizing on the right person! The opening is a lush garden of sweet and dewy roses with a healthy dose of a make-up powder note. This lasts around 4 hours on my skin before picking up an ever-growing note of a gently smoked honey. There is a beautiful contrast between the semi-sharp powder note and the soft, warm honey. It's elegant and playful with the perfect hint of sultry. I think this would be a perfect scent to encapsulate the wedding experience - prim and proper for the ceremony and a little sensual for a late night tussle! I really don't think this is a man's scent though...

Lechu
Lechu

This is the educated sister Absolue Pour Le Soir.
This fragrance is a skinscent, soft, powdery, warm, subtle. It has a fair longevity, about 6 to 8 hours, but the sillage is minimal. I see a little more feminine side in the unisex scale.
Basically it is a incense based on benzoin and honey soft, slightly sweet. It is very nice, very wearable (I need to try it in warm climates to see how it behaves).

It's pretty simple, not much progress, but no longer enjoyable.

My rating is 6.50 / 10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I've always wanted to own a Maison Francis Kurkjian. From all the reviews of his different fragrance, I finally acquired this juice as blind purchase knowing that I wouldn't be disappointed...and most definitely not!!!
When I first sprayed this juice on my wrist, a creamy warm sweet blast of honey and benzion. After this juice settles, there's a hint of insence-smokey aroma combined with honey makes this juice ABOUSOTLEY SEXY. To complete this juice there's a hint of rose tucked, after several whiffs it would make your partner hormones go crazy.
Longevity and Silage is sufficient after I sprayed it 3x on my skin.
Finally thoughts,
Not everyone will enjoy this fragrance, so let be. Considering there's only four notes, the aroma has a real complex sweet blend perfect during the fall and winter months! Thou it's a cologne, it as good as most edt fragrance. If I wanted wear something classy/sophisticated aroma, this juice is perfect when your wearing a tuxedo. Anything less than 9/10 is an insult to the quality of this nieche fragrance as far as I'm concerned.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Mmmm!

I really enjoyed Aroma M's Geisha Amber Rouge but found it too heavy and langorous, it brought to mind a giant sized sultry cartoon of Jessica Rabbit in red velvet smoking a hookah.

Cologne Pour le Soir is liked a dialed down version of that, more wearable, to me anyway.

The general impression is a perfectly blended honeyed blonde tobacco with slightly sweet smoky amber, and in fact it also vaguely reminds me of Havana Vanille by L'Artisan, but I prefer this, it's less in your face or rich.(I can't always enjoy the rich, sultana-like dried fruit notes in HV)

And (apologies if comparisons annoy you!) I'm getting a hint of FM's Musc Ravaguer, but this is less skanky or obvious, not as powdery as MR

In short, yes I can see this as a gently purring, warm and intriguing cologne pour le soir, it stays the right side of sensual, and retains its elegance. Definitely unisex, if I smelled it on a man I'd want to get closer, on a woman the effect would be warm and classy

Very nice!

kndy38
kndy38

Honnestly, this is one of the very few frag that made me REALLY sick, I found it disgusting.

I love Amaris & Masculin pluriel but this one is just really bad :(

It might come from the rose note that I usually don't like in any fragrance (except for Noir de Noir).

gelo999
gelo999

This is very similar to her sister: Absolue pour le Soir, but qualifies least animalic, much more dusty and musky cloud making that second skin effect so typical of Kurkdjian.

Soft, wearable and bearable, it becomes easy and salable compared to its sister who is much darker and complex option.

Rating: 6

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Extraordinary... !! It is sexy,and incredibly beautiful !! ..is a beautiful parfum. The sillage is soft but longevity is great (+ 10h) on me. Overall not a perfume invasive, but manages to get noticed ... is something magical, delicate and mysterious like in a dream among the stars... ! I want to use it for autumn and for winter . Go down in my collection! ☺ Highly recommended!! Stellar!!!. Thanks for this ღ.

Sillage: 6/10

Overall: 10/10

BillyJean

A wet vanilla similar to Vanille Absolument. It doesn't wear well on me. I sprayed liberally from my sample vial before going out but it just did nothing for me. A peculiar egg nog kind of scent.

smora
smora

Another jewel in the collection of Master F.K. Exceptionally made, beautiful mix of benzoin, gentle rose, sweet honey and something musky animalic in the background. One could say it stinks, but to me it has some seducing, sexy note. Every Kurkdjian's perfume has some subliminal sexy signature.
CPLS is modern scent but then again there are some archaic notes, smoke and resins of the holy temples. A human journey in time - from temples to cyberspace.
I admire the abstraction of this perfume. To break the chains of such an old format like cologne and present in novel, comtemporary form. This is art.

Scentrack: Kevin MacLeod - Danse Morialta

Rating: abstract *****

pravda48
pravda48

hahaha @latelittlesleeper! I believe she means it smells of urine to her. I could be wrong but, considering lots of people have said that I don't think it's too much of a leap.

I haven't tried this one but Absolue Pour Le Soir definitely did not smell of urine to/on me. It smelled rather of powdery honey and a medicinal benzoin. Still not for me.

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

Me, sniffing arm: Why does this smell like the boys from my old grade school?

Me, after a few minutes: Oh! Ohhhhhhhhh. :( Ohhhhhhhhh.

Learning uncomfortable new truths today about my childhood.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Un profumo che resiste sui polsi anche dopo una lunga nuotata al largo ha una potenza incredibile...
Semplicemente sublime...Profumo tatuaggio splendido

Exenidi
Exenidi

I just have tried CPLS and it has struck me how almost identical it is to Miller Harris L'air de Rien, with an exception of final leathery accord so subtly present in CPLS. Amazing how the similar result achieved using completely different notes/ingredients/accords. Two awesome fragrances from two top houses. Bravo! I am torn between the two.

BillyJean

Not mentioned in the notes but I get a lot of musk out of this one. It really reminds me of Guerlain L'Instant Magic. They are both these musky perfumes just spiced up with something different. I really like CPLS and if it came in smaller more affordable bottles I would possibly buy.

lisa o
lisa o

it is a huge musk! a sweet syrupy cumin rosy honey furry musk. in the absolue it's too much for me (I am obviously anosmic to some musks and I am not often attracted by the ones I can smell) but this one is really good!
and the attractiveness lies in the fact that it is so gentle and transparent which is unusual for a musky/sweet scent (as far as I can tell). I didn't expect to enjoy this one so much...

I really hate this...very very boozy and awful strong beeswax aroma...and the intense is even worse...which I didn't think was possible! Don't understand why you'd want to smell like this?
Each to their own I suppose but this is the sort of scent that repels me in the extreme.
No disrespect to Kurkdjian.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Again like the Absolue version of this cologne, I am not a fan. Balmy, incense and beeswax is all I take away from this scent. Evokes an old monastery with smoking incense filled censers and multiple burning beeswax candles lit at the altar. (21)

jtd
jtd

Francis Kurkdjian made Cologne pour le Soir and I drive a Mini Cooper.

Eau de Cologne works not just because of the combination of ingredients and how they smell. It has to do with how they work together and how the composition unfolds.  We tend to associate cologne with its characteristic smells: citrus (fruit, leaves, woods) herbs, florals, musk.  But I would argue, and so apparently would Francis Kurkdjian, based on his Cologne pour le Soir, that the defining attribute of eau de cologne is not its scent, but the character of its dynamic qualities over time.

We call cologne bracing and think that this quality is just a reflection of the sparkling scent of citrus.  The bracing trait really comes from the volatility of the components.  The top notes shine brightly but briefly.  “Bracing” comes not so much from the tenor of the citrus notes specifically, but the alacrity of the top notes overall. In ten minutes any cologne you've ever tried goes from a flare to a much quieter glow.  To mix my metaphors, cologne goes from shining brightly to a quiet whisper in a very short period of time. This is an attribute of all classic eaux de cologne.

Every Eau de Cologne that you've ever smelled smells largely like any other Eau de Cologne you've ever smelled. The composition can just as easily be considered a recipe as a formula.  It’s in the public domain, it’s apparently easy to make, and it can be made from what you’d more likely call ingredients than aromachemicals.

Kurkdjian reinvents the Cologne by throwing away the recipe and looking more closely.   His Cologne du Soir is a cologne by virtue of its dynamic qualities.  He reconstructs the eau de cologne not on hesperidic notes, but on benzoin and rose, notes you might expect to find weighing down the classic oriental.  Kurkdjian pares down rose and benzoin, making them lighter than air yet true to character. It’s a smart idea, and comes off beautifully.  As in the classic Eau, the topnotes have a half life measured in minutes, but they’re a blast.  Heartnotes unfold into basenotes, and what remains is a hint of a cumin-inflected incense with a rosy, musky skin glow.  And it just feels effortless.

So, I drive a Mini. What I love about my car is that it's perfectly balanced. Just like Cologne pour le Soir.  I can stomp on the brakes, stand on the throttle, or crank the steering wheel without fear of overpowering the chassis.  It gives a beautiful combination of fun and expectability to driving.    Similarly, no note in Cologne pour le Soir overpowers the rest of the composition.  By focusing on the dynamics of the experience, Kurkdjian remains true to the sensibility of the Cologne, but gives us something new.

I would wear this stuff night or day.

from scenthurdle

antfarm
antfarm

Sexy, warm, transparent scent that melds well with the skin and seems like a part of the wearer. Light spices, an initial furry beast in the beginning that reminds me of an orange tabby cat, and airy incense.

It's just a tiny bit too light for my tastes, but I have tried the Absolue and found it a little bit too much.

I wonder if an EDT would be perfect. Somehow I don't think the marketers would ever allow an EDT. The name: "Toilet Water for the Evening" just doesn't have much appeal, does it?

hadassa
hadassa

Amazing! Like many F. Kurkdjian's creations, it is very concise, so to speak. Few notes, but the right ones, in the right proportion, and straight to the point. This perfume is simple, but so beautiful, to the point of being aristocratic.

The longevity is amazing on me - 10+h on my skin and 24+h on my hair. And it is a cologne!

I can't stop sniffing myself. Soft, tender, powdery feel. I don't get much rose, the honey is very delicate and velvety, as is the incense. I think there is some iris, too.

I cannot even imagine what I would feel if I notice it on a man ;)

Addictive!

williamvargas
williamvargas

Finally got a sample of this, so interesting and an appealing scent,need to spend some more time with it but i really am enjoying this one.. i like it.."a night on the town" type of fragrance..
very nice , reminds me of a musky type of fragrance..with some zip.. liking it..

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

"Your cologne is a total mindf*ck*

one of the many responses I have received when I wear CPLS.

My signature night time scent.

Francis Kurkdjian has this phenomenal, unique way in mastering the scent of rose, and my god does he sexify it in CPLS.

This is a sultry, seductive, extremely mysterious explosion of rose drizzled with honey with an airy backdrop of frankincense and benzoin (vanilla-ish).

Take Back to Black by Kilian, take out that nasty ass rancid tobacco note, and give it a mind-blowing aura of arabic and french mysticism and you have Cologne Pour Le Soir. It really is nighttime scent, but to me is extremely versatile - for any weather, any occassion.

I have never smelt a fragrance that is as comforting and inviting as it is ravaging. No, not even a Frederic Malle can do that.

Only downfall, may need to reapply this badboy...but its worth it!

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I had a sample and tried it last night and I loved it, but also it kept driving me crazy because I thought I had smelled it before but could not figure out why. This morning when I woke up I put a little more from my sample and the first fragrance that came to mind was Black Pearls and than browsing through ebay I saw a bottle of Jivago 7 notes and immediately thought...that's it! I believe this fragrance has a resemblance with those 2 fragrances, not 100% but maybe 80%.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Good Fragrance, but i reluctantly kind of chose this over APLS thinking that no one in the right mind will invest in APLS given the animalic splurge - got home tried it,when back to the store and returned Cologne Pour Le Soir for Absolute Pour Le Soir (APLS)

This cologne version is sweeter, probably best for autumn and such; its tame and if you just want to be careful this is for you, but i'd go for Absolute Pour Le Soir! Like A Roaring Lion!

girmu*
girmu*

Too rosy and too soapy (sadly, in a bad way...) for me. But really soft and feminine. Maybe I didn't enjoy it that much, because I didn't get any hint of balmy or leathery notes on me..? I would imagine this on a really calm, gentle woman. That would truly be a good match, I think.

iivanita
iivanita

this is very quiet scent of roses and leather, its like rose covered in mud....something like that, the opening was fekal to me :) i thought oh nooo.....but after 5 mins that was gone...the drydown is rosy and balmy and more of honey, i like the drydown, the top and middle reminded me of cuir de russia...but no iris here and a ted more animalic leather here, but i think if i tried EDP i would be sick of the smell..very interesting one!and yes this is evening scent and ideal for men!

A valid option for anyone who's into softer, lighter, close to the skin fragrances but got sick and tired of "unscented", detergent-like smelling perfumes.

A sophisticated and elegant blend of honeyed rose on a slight smoky frankincense base. Masterfully balanced, consistent but discreet and with a remarkable personality. Good work.

Rating: 7-7.5/10

adele l
adele l

Very subtle leather; rich and powdery but dries down very close to the skin. I'm getting the honey and incense as well though they are not cloying or too powerful..there may be a gentle patchouli at the base. Very nicely done but would probably be more suitable for a man.

Honey and burning pine incense dries to a sweet smokey vanilla with hints of incense. Lovely and gentle and a must-try for incense or vanilla lovers.

sofiii
sofiii

Cologne Pour Le Soir doesn't give me any leather smell at all, thank goodness!

On paper, it smells sweet, subtle and reminds me a lot of Sage's Amythest in the begining.
Then it smells of ink in a good way, with a little bit floral hint. It gives me the impression of cleanness.
Then the dry down is a little bit muskier than before. All in really good harmony. I just loved it on paper.

However, on my skin, it smells sweeter and even closer to Sage's Amythest, and the dry down has some weird sweet notes comes and goes, which smell a little bit like Play-Doh to me.

Kterhark
Kterhark

In Mark's review on the home page he compares this to Bois D'armenie. Since this sits on a pedastal next to my bed, I had to compare the two for myself.

One could make a case that the drydown is similar, but imo this is not as strong and does not have the oomph that BDA has (but it is also a different strength)

When I first applied this I thougt of wet hair. In general, the two samples I have from Maison FK remind me of body smells; I don't know if this was intentional or not, but if it was then FK is pretty darn brilliant.

This is a scent that slips right off me after about an hour and a half. Overall it is not meshing with my body chemistry, and after 30-40 minutes turns into wet body smell that never had a chance to dry. This is really unfortunate, but since I have a full bottle of Bois d'Armenie I don't care much.

I should also add that it is hard for me to wear leather in general, and I suspect other fragrances from this line will be a better fit.