Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women
dislike

yellow floral
Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women Pictures

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme is created of spicy rose, patchouli and daffodil. The fragrance arrives as EDT, fragrant bracelet and box of 20 incense papers. Lumiere Noire Pour Femme was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian.

Narcissus Patchouli Rose Caraway Red Chilli Pepper

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

jtd
jtd

Maison Francis Kurkdjian provides a number of entry points to the brand. It offers traditional products (perfume, papier d’Armenie, candles, body creams) and less expected ones (fabric softener, soap bubbles.) There is a deliberateness to much of the line that challenges the trend-chasing and slot-filling approach of many brands. His vision of a contemporary sensibility derives from an understanding of traditional methods and principles. The design of the brand is like Kurkdjian’s perfumes themselves: modern and classical, composed yet stylish, lavish but concise.

Kurkdjian has mentioned Guerlain as a model for his house but the line’s day-to-evening approach brings Hermès to mind. Hermès offers a fashionable cocoon from an unstylish world. My level skepticism of ‘lifestyle’ branding is stratospheric, but I’m persuaded by MFK.

MFK offers the daydream of a pleasantly scented life but manages to avoid Hermès’s pose of bored affluence. Laundry soap alludes to soap operas and the fiction of the bored housewife. Scented bubbles suggest designer-dressed children and an infusion of finery into the most remote corners of one’s life. The perfumes, though, hint at something more. Most perfume marketing matches a fantasy of inventiveness and distinction to tame, predictable perfumes, but MFK does the reverse. MFK’s subtle subversiveness is in the perfume, not the image. Absolue pour le Soir and Cologne pour le Soir are wolves in sheep’s marketing. The Amyrises satirize mainstream designer perfumes by creating idealized versions of them. The Lumières Noires poke at our nostalgia for the good-old days of the chypre. I might be able to resist the Maison’s sensibility but I fall for the perfumes.

Rose and patchouli aren’t an unexpected combination by any means and their pairing is a motif Kurkdjian has explored over the years, both in his own line and in commission work such as Rose Barbare for Guerlain and Lady Vengeance for Juliette Has a Gun. Coaxing something new out of well-worn materials is one of Kurkdjian’s strengths and Lumière Noire pour Femme demonstrates his knack for reshaping traditional forms and classical techniques to find a novel idea. He shifts the picture and rearranges olfactory clues. Pairing the refined floral and earthy patchouli is a well-understood method for adding richness to perfumes. Kurkdjian recreates the tone in an unexpected way with a clean patchouli and a dirty flower: narcissus. The dynamics are recognizable, but the reframing shifts the perspective and creates a new view.

Lumière Noire pour Femme highlights Kurkdjian’s ability to make perfumes that balance composure and abandon. Grain de Musc called Lumière Noire pour Femme a “bodice-ripper” yet it is also mink-smooth and lusciously lipsticky. It is composed at a glance but uninhibited on closer inspection. It hints at indecency but is never indelicate.

Kurkdjian’s style of subversion is highly mannered. He covers new ideas under a blanket of propriety. The precision of Lumière Noire pour Femme’s composition leaves no seems showing and reveals Kurkdjian’s strategy for subversion. No disruption, no distortion. More a seduction.

Ruyaisadreamer
Ruyaisadreamer

I've been using Aromatics Elixir since 1998 and always was on the hunt, though there are many scents that are beautiful I never could see myself wearing one. Till I came across Lumiere Noire.
Oh my...
Oh Lord...
This reminds me of many things, yet resembles nothing.
I'm so happy to have found Lumiere Noire. The search ends here and now many more years for me with my new beloved Lumiere Noire.

Purrsian
Purrsian

Beautiful animalic dark rose, gives me a mental picture of a leopard wandering majestically in a rose garden. There's some tropical rain forest, wilderness impression it creates. At the first spray, it is an outburst of fresh sparkling white floral and dewy roses, spiciness gently tinkles and grounded with patchouli at the background, it's fairly well blended without any of the note being predominant, but a bit too "crowded" to my liking. No development of notes like the traditional perfumes. Somehow, this scent seems to only last on me for an hour or so, and I can't quite smell anything after 45mins, feels like it has numbed my nose.

Not as interesting as Narciso Rodriguez For Her, which is also created by FK many years ago. Smells expensive, high quality stuff.

dlane1953
dlane1953

This is not a lush, deep, sexy rose to my nose, but a captivating, subtle rose, more like the scent of Old English Roses, a slightly spicy rose that maintains great delicacy throughout. Elegant and very refined. Great longevity (over 12 hours) and medium silage. I think this is a 'go-to' scent for any occasion. One of my best blind buys.
Notes: Rose, cumin, red pepper, narcissus, patchouli.

K1
K1

I'm lost for words to explain this magical dark one: a nighty poetic rose. Lumière Noir is a conventional but exquisite substantial amount of rose and patchouli fragrance with ethereal sweet floral tinge and red pepper. After this flamboyant and exhibited presentation of kinky and dirty luxury, shades of animality composed of musk and caraway and patchouli (I also tiny amount of oud) swirl within rose. This is not a type of disgusting skanky barnyard animality, it is severe and carnal as much as it represents classy mood.

Lumière Noir is a grown oriental rose fragrance that for being mature it veers to wire women type of discipliner femme fatal with angular and stony face yet seriously charming. It has incredibly strong longevity and very potent sillage. I was not gonna give MFK more than two stars but this rose impressed me a lot, and be aware that I hate roses.
★★★★

risarii
risarii

This was originally created as a bespoke fragrance for the iconic Catherine Deneuve. She says that Kurkdjian is her favorite nose... He is mine as well!

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Lumiere noire ,This is a very well blended fragrance.it was difficult for me to detect all the notes listed here,but I for sure can tell its a floral feminine patchouli perfume.I believe rose and narcissus are mixed beautifully so even floral haters can enjoy this little.This delicate little number.
Sillage and longevity are ok.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

juji
juji

This is just gorgeous and I did not find anything skanky about it at all or wouldn't like it. It's too bad so many have ! Chemistry had to be the reason. And just to also say, I'm not a big rose fan either but find this to be delicious.

black_orchid

It doens't have any animalic face! It is very majestic, royal, magical! I find it unisex and very sexy! Many people believes this perfume contains animalic notes but it should be cumin. I know that Francis Kurkdjian created it for Catherine Deneuve. I think she has uniqe fragrance taste! I do love her and I can imagine how gorgeous this perfume with her on the red carpet!

perfumesniffer
perfumesniffer

When MFK does civet/skank it makes me gag. That happens again here in Lumiere Pour Femme. I love dark roses. Love rose+patchouli combos, but I don't like dark rose mixed with civet. Awful. If I can isolate the civet note, there is something wrong and that shouldn't happen. For instance, Jean Patou Joy is quite skanky, but it's not an isolated note and therefore I find it gorgeous.

yidansheng
yidansheng

I'm afraid that I don't find the femme version as attractive as the homme. It's way too animalic.

veda
veda

Deep rose...if you are looking for a dark rose this is the one!!

muzzbait
muzzbait

wow...it's weird smelling rose and patchouli WITHOUT oud...this is what this smells like. lush, boundless round, sickly sweet and wonderfully dense patchouli working in unison.

not particularly my cup of tea (needs something skanky -- cumin, immortelle, something like that) to kick it off...if this is your sorta thing, get it. it's amazingly good quality...

jhitt793
jhitt793

'Lumière Noire pour femme' is a seductive perfume with a bohemian feel. It opens with a redolent and jammy rose which is accompanied by a heralding narcissus note. The rose is complex, seemingly a combination of various subtypes (centifolia and grandiflora perhaps) with a measured yet robust feeling. Combining it with the dirtier narcissus note, imbues an air of tangible eroticism. Narcissus's scent is strong, heady and rich with facets of jasmine and hyacinth. It is the perfect compliment to rose and together the two provide a narcotic, intoxicating scent. Unexpected cumin and hot pepper show up to lightly embellish the rose with spice. Cumin provides a sweaty, musky quality while hot pepper entices with a warm, vegetal sensation. Lastly, patchouli grounds the fragrance in its sweet, dark earthiness. The blending of rose and patchouli in 'Lumière Noire' gives the fragrance a bohemian heart.

'Lumière Noire pour femme' is a beautiful rose based perfume from Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Its feminine allure is balanced with a darker side, one which is sexy and a bit naughty. Women of any age can find pleasure in wearing this captivating composition, which I feel is appropriate for year round use. Sillage and projection are strong, without becoming cloying or obtrusive. With its enigmatic scent, 'Lumière Noire' is liable to enrapture its wearer and those around her with indelible remembrances. It remains to this day one of my favorites from the Francis Kurkdjian house.

Read my complete review at my personal blog
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

LeonieB
LeonieB

A comfortable, comforting skin scent, but the problem is...... seriously, is it only me?..... Ambre Solaire bronzing oil!!!!

I'm finding it impossible to appreciate the great reviews here, or to analyse it myself, because the overwhelming impression for me is..... suntan oil!
Takes me right back to the days when sun protection meant slipping around in this aromatic oil rather than trowelling on the Factor 50.

black_orchid

This is real magic behind rose. Not enough words to explain it. Dark but also fresh; stunning, rich, distant, arragont and much more. It is one of the most succesful Kurkdjian's work!

misslawbore
misslawbore

Sweet and overpowering oud, patchouli and rose. His Amyris perfume is better (still too much oud in it though). Not interesting or unique in any way.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Perfect. Bright and airy yet with enough patchouli to ground it and make this a substantial fragrance with good longevity and excellent sillage. Feels modern but somehow still classic and timeless. Excellent for rose/patch lovers in particular, as well as floral lovers in general.

My only issue with it is that in the opening, the rose comes off as slightly sour on me.. but I have that issue with rose a lot. It quickly deepens and becomes one of the prettiest floral fragrances I've ever smelled. The patchouli in here smells clean to me, not dirty, which keeps it pleasant and easy to wear.

Recommended for nights out and special occasions, though you could probably just use one or two sprays for every day use. I'm not sure how this would perform in hot weather, though, as I've mostly used it in winter and spring so far. Definitely a compliment getter and worth investing in. The scent is lovely, but what impresses me the most is its performance- it's not some watered down fragrance lacking in fixatives like many on the market today. This stuff sticks around, and the sillage is noticeable without being overpowering. I must reiterate: perfect!

Also, the bottle and packaging is elegant and looks great on a dresser.

stacia79
stacia79

This is divine, the kind of perfume that ends up spoiling you to the point where cheaper fragrances begin to smell, well...cheap. It's definitely a rose, but it's playing alongside a bed of daffodils amped up with patchouli. Underneath it all some heat is provided by caraway seed and chili pepper. Sniffing from the vial I thought it was going to be a sillage bomb that cleared the room but on my skin it behaved admirably, giving me wafts throughout the day but not surrounding me in a vapor cloud. It made me feel like a WOMAN. Confidence building stuff right here.

onaona
onaona

Lumiere Noire is my beautiful ego stroke.

It is my VIP room, behind the velvet rope, penthouse fragrance. It makes me feel entitled to sinfully priced adornments and attention from both men and women. The amount of swagger I find in Lumiere Noire leaves no room for false modesty from the wearer. If you told me I belong on a catwalk while wearing it, I would assure you of the truth of your statement, the rightness... and wait for you to build one exclusively for me.

I can't seem to wear it as often as I would like, and it's a damned good thing! My ego would likely explode.

LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE?
You won't need any.

NOTES?
Champagne, red carpet, private jet, world at my feet! ;)

If you're looking for an unique take on rose, you're probably in the wrong place. Instead, if what you're after is a slightly modernized take on a classically french, kind of chyprey thing with rose as the main player, Lumiere Noir Pour Femme surely delivers what *she* promises.

A winey, bright rose on top. Slightly aldheydic and bright with an oriental quality but devoided of the *heavyness* of other more typically middle-eastern kind of roses. It feels unquestionably classic but it's also carefully modernized via an overall airy feel. There's an element of *distrub* to Lumiere Noir Pour Femme, probably provided by either subtle animalic facets or some spices (cumin?)…or both. The drydown is based on smooth woody patch foundation that wears like a glove for hours and hours.

Solid.

Rating: 7-7,5/10

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I reviewed this some months ago, but since then I've come to truly love and appreciate this elegantly seductive perfume! (I love Dresdendoll's review below, spot on)

I'd been searching for a beautiful evening perfume that combines sensuality with elegance - something that feels classic and timeless, not dated. Most evening perfumes with sillage and heft can smell a bit obvious, or the best ones made in past decades feel a bit dated at times. Or there are some perfumes I love, such as Cuir de Russie, which other people can find harsh amongst all the fruity gourmands.

When I first tried Lumiere Noire I was mostly aware of the rose/patchouli combination, it seems odd now that I wasn't struck immediately by narcissus, because it's this heady yet luminous floral that most affects me now when I wear it, it's absolutely dark yet light as the name suggests, sensual and verging on richly animalic yet brightened by rose and pimento

There's also a subtle fruitiness which reminds me of bramble jam, which complements the rose/patchouli beautifully, and if you're a bit sensitive to patchouli have no fear - it's balanced perfectly and doesn't knock you on the head like a clod of earth from a gothic cellar, as patchouli sometimes does.(the reason why I can't totally love Portrait of a Lady for example, though I admire it).

In short, when it comes to the perfect dressy evening perfume, Lumiere Noire is 'the one' for me. As mentioned it has a classic feel which makes you feel 'dressed', well groomed, dare I say lady-like?!

It's not a light scent, and it's not exactly comforting or relaxing, but it has warmth. I find it difficult to describe, which is why it's intriguing - something elegantly femme fatale about it that appeals to some aspect of me. Not that I walk around with a pearl handled revolver in my purse (though I have shot the centre out of a £2 coin from thirty yards with an air rifle, I'm not sure that counts!) somehow though, when I wear Lumiere Noire I feel ready to sail with insouciance through any eventuality!

The sillage is perfect, and it's noticable. I've been complimented on this one a few times and I don't wear it often. Longevity around 8 hours.

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

I usually can't stand patchouli, but this is a different one. It has a nice, fancy, elegant discreet patchouli along with roses. For some reason I imagine someone very elegant, wearing all white clothes using this perfume lol! This is too elegant and polite for my style, but I can totally see someone very classy wearing it. I would buy this if it wasn't so expensive.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is the most intoxicating floral I've ever smelled.
There is for me nothing quite like the heady beauty of narcissus. It speaks of gold and darkness, it's bright and enchanting, narcotic and mysterious. The name of this fragrance perfectly captures this luminous flower.
Adding the drama and seduction of narcissus to the romance and tenderness of rose gave me a floral that truly swept me off my feet. Lumiere Noire to me is a great epic love story. It opens sparkly and slightly sweet, trusting, innocent, the rose creeping out first. But the addictive narcissus quickly gushes out, all wild abandon and amorousness. The spices can be felt, especially the dry and piquant scent of the chilli, the pinches and scratches of high emotions and hurt. Lumiere Noire settles into a less florid version of its striking opening, with patchouli here giving it a nice solid base, not dirty, but green, mildly earthy, while the wonderful blend of rose and narcissus endures, steady and strong, but still glowing.
Lumiere Noire's chypre character is definitely there, giving the scent an earthiness that maintains behind its vibrancy. It is not like any other rose-patch combo, closer to Narcisse Noir than say Narciso Rodriguez. Yes, there is rose and there is patchouli, but the narcissus is too important, and too in the spotlight to uphold any similarity to others with predominant rose and patch.
This is also potent, projecting more than you'd think. A must try for rose lovers, narcissus lovers and anyone who loves a theatrical and expressive floral.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This fragrance seemed so far out of my comfort zone, but I'm in love with it. It's simultaneously fresh & bold, with incredible longevity, and just enough of a strong sillage to have a heavenly scent follow you around for SEVERAL hours (and then some, thank you essential oils).

The overall impression is something classy, and a little bit nostalgic and melancholic.

Opening: STRONG blast, borderline aldehylic, lots of floral with a lemon undertone (though that is not a listed note, I'm aware.) It's something you have to sit through until the magic happens!

Heart: A gorgeous fragrance, the classy rose (and I typically hate rose), the round, chic, comforting floral/TOUCH of patchouli - nothing sharp or synthetic, most of the lemon has gone, and it's a soothing, feminine aroma.

Base: THE DRY-DOWN MAKES THIS PERFUME! It gives the scent something that makes it stand out from other florals. Peppery, and fizzy, but comforting. I'm assuming this is the Red chili pepper note, which I LOVE - you can actually feel that the smell is "hot"! It's like putting your face up to a glass of freshly poured soda.

In a world full of floral fragrances, this stands out amongst the masses.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Aldehydes, rose, woods, a slightly animalic base with vanilla and a castoreum-like note. All the richness and the dark, "opulently French" sensuality of Kurkdjian are here, a stereo triumph of sweet, musky and powdery notes. Basically Lumière Noire Pour Femme is a great contemporary chypre that harmonically blends a metallic transparent dustiness with the classic dark/animalic structure of the golden age of Germaine Cellier and Guerlain. Woody notes and perhaps a hint leather (or maybe oud). I did like Lumière Noire Pour Homme and I like this feminine version as well, but I share here the same feeling I had for the masculine counterpart: the feeling of something which "may have been" better than this, of some true goodness "on a leash", restrained, with a glossy layer of inoffensiveness and wearability enough to make this appealing to a broader audience. It's gloomy and sensual just like a glossy, well-designed fashion photoshooting. Civilized and forced to behave straight like rebel rockstars at official galas and ceremonies. This scent is undoubtedly well composed and well made, all smells great, and it has Kurkdjian's signature baroque "richness", a great blend of musky dark notes with powdery/creamy ones which smells quite like nothing else, or better said, like a tribute to French classic perfumery still with something contemporary (perhaps it's just the materials). Still you feel that this smells like the civilized, washed-down and "refined" version of something which must probably smell far more better than this. And as I wrote for the masculine one, I'd love to hear that – an "uncensored" version of it. Well however apart from that, which may be just my fantasy, this is a very good half crowd-pleasing half-niche scent.

7,5-8/10

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Rose, oh rose, my bête noire. This is a particularly watery-metallic, leaky sort of rose. Reminds me of both L'Eau d'Issey and Narciso Rodriguez for Her, watery musk, watery floral-just go take a shower, why don't you? It's cheaper and better for morale.

soleia
soleia

This is definitely about the Lumiere, but I don't see the Noire - not that this is a bad thing in my book. it's a cleaner than expected, green rose; the patchouli grounds it and gives it some warmth and a bit of an edge. It's refined and elegant, although not as out there to be worn for evening (I would choose Portrait of a Lady for that). It is far from generic or inoffensive, however I have been wearing it at work, as longevity and projection/sillage are both average to low, on me.

Now that I think about it, it's what Belle de Jour would wear - "bourgeois" (in a good way) and discreetly seductive.

Do I need an FB? Not yet,it is not "me", but I would not mind it as a gift.

On a general note on MFK: I have tried four scents of that line. I find that the line's "niche" is well-made, elegant scents that are surprisingly wearable and well-mannered (I admit I have not tried Absolue pour le Soir yet).

brada
brada

very elegant,polite,transparent,but not my cup of tea.Reminds me a frozen rose,beautiful,perfect but silent...

BillyJean
BillyJean

I discovered this too late to be wowed. I was already familiar with the rose in Stella Mccartney perfumes and the whole Juliette has a Gun line and Lumiere Noire just seemed too similar. However it may just be the best of them all. As with all MFK perfumes this is made so well and if you like a lush juicy pink rose perfume this could be it. Very nice.

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

*THE STRADIVARIUS ROSE/PATCHOULI*

The perfume starts with a sparkling pink rose, with a sweet violet/lemon like daffodil (think Lipstick Rose in the topnotes).

As the perfume matures, the pachouli and caraway enters the party. But not overwhelming, the perfume just keeps on going with that sparkling rose dance in pink sweetness. It just gets deeper and deeper, as the hole orchestra starts playing. And then you have it, PERFECTION.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian perfumes really are in a category all by themselves in their extremely fine quality that makes them the Stradivarius violins of the perfume world. The most beautiful of all quantum perfumes. Never have I experienced such small particles odor as in MFK subatomic raffinement in perfumes.

fanny
fanny

Lumière Noire is all about Light and its Effects: a necessity for existence, yet it will create shadows in every shade of grey.
Very bright, it shines on the first buds in spring, full of promise for a lush and lusty life.
Without a doubt this is a wonderful yet very twisted blessing from the sky.
Life with LN is good, pure and dirty.

Sillage: medium
Longevity: medium

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Heartbreaking. L'heure Bleue and Mitsouko always strike a melancholic note for me. Some scents thrill, some send shivers down my spine (yes I'm quite an emo person I suppose, or psychology would term me highly sensitive)but the first word that came to mind when I tried this on was heartbreaking. Why that word? I suppose it brought up emotions that would come from a wild crazy love that one instinctively knows cannot burn forever, the bittersweet ache that one has inside waiting for the inevitable end. For whatever reason, this scent made me feel that way. Anyway my search for the ultimate patchouli came to an end as well. I never thought this would be a contender, having tried from Angel to Noir Patchouli and beyond. However that's the first note that strikes me strongly and in a non medicinal way. The patchouli here is the chocolate aspect of patchouli, like in Coromandel but without being gourmand, which makes it the winner over Coromandel for me. Then a graceful non imposing, non stuffy nor musty rose dances in to join the patchouli. The rose here smells like in Brulere Rose. The spices here are so well-tempered, nothing acrid to the nose, nothing medicinal. Just an absolutely stunning beauty in a bottle that literally stunned me into silence. I suppose I didn't expect to fall in love, there are enough rose-patchouli combinations out there already. However, THIS one is different. Different from JHAG which for me it surpasses in terms of JHAG being more youthful and LNPF being more grown up but not boring. This is not as dark as A Portrait of A Lady, but the patchouli here is more chocolate than earthy.
I love Kurkdjian's work and I've never been disappointed. This goes on the much loved list, I've been sleeping in it and working in it for the past few days. I apologise for a dreamy and long review, I hope it makes sense or at least compels people to try this at least. Longevity and sillage are unquestionable. I got more than 12 hours on clothes and people around me said my scent remained a good hour after I left the room.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Well we all know that the definition of dark and sexy is in the eye of the beholder. I love roses and have quite a few rose fragrances, but where those scents are bright and pink or a bit "green" this one is definitely a bouquet of deep dark fully ripe red roses. The patch is always there but it stays grounded like the earth being freshly turned and not like you are up to your elbows in it. The spices are nice and interesting. There is another reviewer that mentioned body smells which I always find a weird mention until my arm took on a bit of a sweaty saltiness. Strangely, I don't dislike it. It makes the scent take a darker turn which is interesting. Overall, a nice twist on a beloved favorite flower. Worth looking into for sure!!!

edit...Is anyone else getting a bit of oud in the dry down???

Majesty
Majesty

Lumiere Noire is a well balanced patchouli-rose perfume which succeeds in keeping the ''50-50'' balance between these 2 notes.I couldn't detect any other flower,nor caraway or pimento. The opening was very nice with lots of juicy rose and patchouli. On my skin it reacts weird because after a while it turns out to smell unpleasant like public toilets that had been cleaned properly!I think that it is my skin chemistry which doesn't compliment this fragrance. I am sorry but on my skin there is nothing ''sexy''..I hate using that term for fragrance but since previous reviewers mentioned it I had to write it!Average lasting power

NoireFox
NoireFox

Warm, voluptuous spiced rose. Despite the official listed ingredients, I get what smells like lemon in the opening. The scent then quickly, almost imperceptibly morphs into a deep, rich fruity rose amidst hot peppers, cumin and a heavy dose of wild animal (civet perhaps?).
If Hitchcock's Vertigo had an epitomizing fragrance, this would be it; dark, romantic, brooding, sensual and vaguely baroque. And just like the film, this one was not love at first, but much rather something that grows on you and haunts your dreams.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire is so beautiful! I have never smelled such a perfect feminine rose that was so lush and true to life. It’s the essence of fresh pink roses with a very sophisticated narcissus that lingers with an undertone of caraway. You get a bit more of the patchouli in the dry down but another note that you can smell throughout the fragrance is the pimento. Pimento is a very subtle spice that accents the rose perfectly; it’s just one of those things that you take a notice too right away when you smell Lumiere Noire. It’s the perfect day time rose, very Parisian chic. I absolutely love it, this is definitely one of my favorite fragrances!

REVIEW OF DARRSHAN

Just love this very much , thoug took some trials before going for a full bottle, but love the juice inside the bottle and the bottle is unique also, good

When you first spray it on your wrist, don't smell it, wait for 30 sec. That first blast is not pleasant. But after that, you will be rewarded with heavenly fragrance, long lasting and with a beautiful, soft drydown

Naji
Naji

It's a grandstand view of the interplay of sparkling, lyrical notes of a field of flowers. Lovely and soft in the dry down, with exceptional longevity, I detect something akin to Piguet's Calypso, which is also very pretty, though not as long lived and chameleon - like as Lumiere Noire. Pricey? No doubt. Desirable? Unquestionably.

hadassa
hadassa

I heard Francis Kurkdjian doesn't regard his perfumes as "niche", but for me, in an ideal world, this is what niche should smell like.

The quality of the ingredients of this perfume seems to be tremendous. I sprayed this on my wrist from a sample vial, with a light hand. I wore a bracelet that day. Now, when I put the bracelet on, I don't have to use any perfume. Because the scent lingered on the bangle and it perfumes my wrist again and again, it also makes the sleeves of my blouses smell heavenly! Guess when did I spray? A month ago! This is what I call 'longevity'!

Concerning the similar perfumes listed: I personally don't see much resemblance of LN and either LV or LVE. Ok, all these are marked by the characteristic style of Francis Kurkdjian's roses (I'd say, slight sourness + muskiness + natural scent of clean young female skin). However, for example, LVE is a dense, lush, velvety patchouli rose, whereas Lumiere Noire is a SPARKLING, TRANSPARENT (but strong nonetheless) rose.

Now, to the scent itself. I have no proper words to describe it, this is one of the most beautiful smells I have experienced in my life. I'm not saying 'perfumes', I mean smells.

This is the best smell along with the smell of the green grass which grows straightly from my early childhood into the present, the grass I walked through on my little bare feet.

The daffodil here smells like the daffodils from my dear grandmother's garden did, oh, they were so fresh.

The rose note smells like my mother's white linen dress that she wore when she was in her early twenties, this is how I remember it.

I also sense the earthy, dirty smell of the warm wet soil, the scent of the fertile ground in the village I grew up... After the rain it smelled like this. It smelled like life.

The garden with the fresh, bright yellow daffodils does not exist anymore. My dear grandmother passed away. I am now older than my mum back then. I have been to the village many times after I grew up, but it's nothing like the Yonder Village. But still, if I remember, smell, almost feel it all, it must be, must exist somewhere in time and space.

And this perfume reminds me of it.

10/10, a masterpiece which evokes memories.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

When I read there must be rose AND patchouli I thought it can't work for me but I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! OMG - it is sooo good; I could drink it - one of a fragrance what makes me enthusiastically happy. It is just divine! Signature perfume: I have found you!

ladykarl
ladykarl

The drydown which was like about 5 hours strong after application
was one of the most incredibly sensuous smells i have encountered so far in my perfume experience. I was to say its heady waxy enticing smell.
The beginning for me was not so wonderful...I don't love the smell of Narcissus
which was all i was getting. The smell of the Rose was never prominent and quite 'barely there'. At some point the Narcissus puts its petals around collecting the florals and spices together and melts into this indescribably sensuous drydown which also smells slightly of jasmine. I couldn't pick out the patchouli or any other individual note for that matter; the only other way i could think to describe this is 'It smells like a true modern classic french perfume beauty'

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

If you are looking for a nice springy fragrance than give this a try. Its light and expected a little bold, head turning aroma. My teenage daughter just shrugged her shoulder and said, It's okay! She normally says, Wow that fragrance is amazaing! Now do you see where I am headed with this. Its just okay.

Review of Darrshan

Oh now there is something mysterious abt this scent, a little dirt somewhere but I just love this fragrance the more and more I wear , I have ordered the 75ml edp Francis kurkdjian is really good in rose as he takes a diff take not the typical rose like others do,

Czarette
Czarette

You know how honeysuckle wafts? This wafts like that. I was in a chocolate shop on Valentines day and it was full of guys doing last minute shopping. I told this dude next to me that his roses smelled wonderful and his girlfriend was going to be really happy. Then it turned out that after he left I could still smell this amazing wafting scent. Bingo. It was me in the Lumiere. I get honeysuckle, white flowers and rose. Maybe the patchouli is there but its not what I recognize as patchouli. Ditto the peppers or caraway. This is another scent that I can almost taste, not just smell. Next V-Day I will be asking for a full bottle. And as far as I can tell no daffodil, no paper whites, just this really interesting honeysuckle melded with rose into something totally unique.

LUMIERE NOIRE POUR FEMME is my first foray into the house of Francis Kurkdjian, and it is a felicitous one! This perfume is one example of what may be my current favorite genre: floral chypre, of which LA PERLA and La Prairie LIFE THREADS PLATINUM are two other scrumptious examples. The patchouli is less prominent in this composition than in most other representatives of this genre.

In LUMIERE NOIRE, the new twist on the rose-patchouli floral chypre is the addition of narcissus, a flower also beloved to me, and the result is magnificent. Like other reviewers, I do not find this perfume dirty, nor do I find it very spicy. To my nose, LUMIERE NOIRE is a beautiful modern chypre with enough depth and darkness to add a touch of mystery.

Think LA PERLA meets NARCISSE NOIRE, and you'll get something of the idea.

mylancome
mylancome

A strong aristocratic scent, but not going to kill people around you, which is not so formal, you can wear it for everyday use, day or night. Suitable for formal occasion too.

Make me think of Eau Du Soir or Soir De Lune, classy taste.

sofiii
sofiii

Lumiere Noire Pour Femme is a dark, somewhat sexy-in-an-elegant-way type of rose.

It starts quite sweet, rose-y, watery in a lovely, pretty girl-next door way. Somehow it reminds me a bit of roses from Juliette Has a Gun. Noire Pour Femme is like a cross between Miss Charming for the fruity juiciness and Lady Vengeance for the darker patchouli feel.

After a while there’s a quite significant whiff of Narciso Rodriguez for Her type of patchoulli-musky smell, which blends quite well with the sweet and a bit woody rose. When the patchouli-musky scent is gone, a really tamed, sweet, not water, yet not gourmand rose is what I can smell left there.

Towards the end the patchouli becomes a bit dominant, and dried out. I know I have a problem with too much patchouli in a rose-y setting, well here comes the end of my quasi-like relationship with Lumiere Noire Pour Femme.

Nice perfume to try, especially if you like rose-y patchouli, feminine yet have some strong personality kinda perfumes.

Barnsniffer
Barnsniffer

A scent in the same vein as Aromatix Elixir, a very warm and rich oriental which lasts a long time without degrading. Possibly not for a very young woman. Ignore the daft name; I think we all know there is no such thing as black light outside the bubble of the marketing department, but fortunately it smells beautiful anyway and that's what counts.

I didn't get spicy rose out of this at all. On my skin, it came across as a sweet rose with other light florals onboard. On dry down, it was very like Guerlain's Insolence. Too bad, the idea of a spicy rose was entrancing...

Contessa01
Contessa01

I love this! Very classy and elegant. Not a scent that you might wear to party, but rather more of a romantic evening dinner kind of scent. It is a clean but also has a mysterious quality which is just breathtaking.

adele l
adele l

This is just beautiful-clean but not clinical, interesting in the best way possible. The rose is subtle, the narcissus perfect, the patchouli gives it warmth. I get no skanky notes-it smells classy and different and the staying power is impressive..love it! Not a casual scent by any means.

Kseniya
Kseniya

It is a modern masterpiece - aristocratic and sexy at the same time. It has got something in common with "Eau du Soir" and "Nikki de Saint Phalle", but more wearable for any occasion.

Mals86
Mals86

I read the notes for this one and knew it was for me. And it is truly gorgeous: deep, dark, winey rose and hot narcissus, a wisp of jasmine, a hint of spice, some very smooth patchouli and something I can't identify but reads as fairly animalic. (A dirty musk? Some civet? Not sure. And it's nothing unpleasant - like Kterhark says, it's like the warm skin of your beloved. Mmm.)

If you're worried about the patchouli, relax. It's definitely there, but it's neither dusty nor very pungently green, but very smooth, smelling most like an aromatic garden to me. I'm quite sensitive to it, and can usually smell it even in small doses, but I find it pleasant in this case.

I usually get about 3 hours from an edt, but this one lasted six hours, and even persisted after a bath.

Overall, this fragrance has the weight and gravitas and sexiness of a vintage perfume. Wear it and feel like a femme fatale...

Kterhark
Kterhark

I too think it is really, really gorgeous. Narcissus is one of my favorite scents, and in this fragrance it is wickedly interesting (I don't know why that adjective came to mind, but there is something about this scent that is kind of naughty to me)

OK- on another note, I'm finding this line reminds me of body smells, and this scent, to me, smells like your lover's body after he's stepped out of the shower and dried himself off. (See the naughtiness creeping in?) I'm afraid to find out what was the inspiration for this fragrance...

I will update this tomorrow when I have a better idea of how long it lasts. Even if it lasts for an hour, however, I'm buying it.
((Update))
This lasted all day on me, which I was very pleased with. I **strongly** suggest when sampling to use a light hand, because too much makes it sharp and nasty. Light is the key, at least with my chemistry. Also, give htis a few wearings before making up your mind, because it is quite different and your brain will have no reference for it. I love it, and wish it came with a personal kiss from Francis Kurkdjian :-)

Dixie
Dixie

I've been searching for the "sexiest" perfume and this is it! I'm not a huge fan of rose perfumes, but this one is a masterful dark rose full of mystery. It's like being wrapped in dark crimson velvet.
The opening reminds me of Sublime Balkiss (another favorite) without the citrus. Yet the fragrance is along the lines of Soir de Lune but more lush.