Designers » M » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Masculin Pluriel Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men
dislike

leather
Masculin Pluriel Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men Pictures

Masculin Pluriel by Maison Francis Kurkdjian is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Masculin Pluriel was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. The fragrance features lavender, cedar, patchouli, vetiver, leather and woody notes.

Lavender Cedar Patchouli Vetiver Leather Woody Notes

Masculin Pluriel Fragrance Reviews

Monkeys
Monkeys

In the personal line of the talented Francis Kurkdjian we very rarely, if ever, hear about Masculin Pluriel. It is the perfect example of a “dark horse” and one of my favorite (If not my no 1) from the entire very good MFK line-up.

Masculin Pluriel has great, natural patchouli that reminded me a lot of what I got when I smelled high quality patchouli oil: Earthy, lightly damp, tangy and a bit sweet as well. It is accompanied by a smooth, sleek leather note. Vetiver and cedar make it sharper and drier. There is also a soft smoky undertone to the blend. The entire composition is surrounded by a main note of lavender giving the woody patchouli and leather a clean, “barbershop”, mossy shaving foam like vibe. Actually it is exactly what I wanted YSL's Rive Gauche PH to be after reading comments about it: It's the best parts of it without the ones I don't enjoy. It also really reaches the big Guerlain Heritage fan in me.

When trying this one don't expect anything huge almost theatrical Amouage's style, something very bold and different or to fill up a room. You would be disappointed. This fragrance is more of an easy, wearable fragrance counting more on its pure quality in its simplicity and it is one that many online would classify as “signature worthy”.

It is a classy, mature fragrance for a self-assured and calm man who doesn't need his fragrance to make a statement for him. So put on your finest gray or black wool suit, crisply ironed tailored white shirt, matching shoes and belt and some Masculin Pluriel and your perfect “posh gentleman” attire is complete to perfection.

===> You may also enjoy -/- Possibly for fans of <===

YSL Rive Gauche PH, Guerlain Heritage, MDCI Invasion Barbare, Histoires de Parfums' 1725, Davidoff's Zino etc

chove
chove

Some of us have fathers who were born in the 1940’s and some of those fathers were men who refrained from the whole revolutionary experience of the sixties and instead concentrated on their conservative careers, cultivated a few hobbies like map collecting or hunting and devoted themselves to cigars and cognac in a quest to grow up into distinguished manhood. Masculin Pluriel might very well offer a sublime illustration of that very masculine template. Without ceasing, this scent brings forward a young, delicate male who seeks to conform to an ideal that is all balanced gestures and rounded edges.

The actual fragrance is of course perfectly unisex, but it is still about a suppositiously male type. Deliciously herbal and discreetly woody, it manages to be gentle, inviting and plush in an elegant manner. Yes, one discerns the cedar, but it's not overly prominent within the more general woodsiness (which in my book is a good thing). There's a fictile quality rather than earthy one and my overall impression is that of a cultured, well-rounded and soft spoken creation. Indeed, the herbs are pointed, but they tickle rather than sting and make the perfume wonderfully fresh. A moist feel that is difficult to derive is present during the first stage of the wear, but it is very pleasant. As the perfume develops it grows even tender, revealing soft powdery aspects of a vanillic note that eventually brings rubbery plastic qualities forward. It reminds me of weathered soft plastic toys and since that facet is kept so unobtrusive, it is very welcome.

In Masculin Pluriel, the outdoorsy feel has no rural or wild life connotations, it is rather connected to to park strolls or road trips in the countryside during weekends. For those who picture themselves as fougère wearers but just cannot seem to find one that they would actually consider for personal use, Masculin Pluriel might be the perfect choice. There's a volatile floral air present here and the fragrance, although obviously rooted in its genre, comes off as a floral woody musk that smells like it has the characteristics of a fougère, if that makes sense. Finally, I find the way the scent projects really sophisticated – as it reaches out it transforms into independent little clouds that form variations of the perfume still resting on the skin.

Manny44
Manny44

A very smooth, natural and pleasant smelling Lavender and Leather fragrance that has a big weakness in performance. It takes a nose dive around the 2-3 hour mark on me and becomes a skin scent. It stays pleasantly aromatic but its life span is too short to work as a work fragrance and its not remarkable enough to be a night out fragrance. I like the initial blast enough to not always mind reapplying but it can be a hassle. I feel like either the base needs to be more assertive or the Lavender should be longer lasting. Actually.....why is the Lavender so soft here? Give me something.I feel like this one ultimately comes up short. 6.5/10. Always test thoroughly before buying people.

Sezyvex
Sezyvex

I think I have finally cracked the code of what a fougere is all about... I think it's cedar/lavender/pine and throw in some vetiver? Please correct me if I am wrong because I don;t know all these categories etc.

So on to the fragrance, first spritz immediately makes me think of a multitude of other fougeres I have smelled. To me it's that kind of fragrance a lot of men would use in aftershave form to complete their post shaving ritual. I have never been an aftershave user but I remember my father using it.

I was expecting some kind of barbershop vibe from it but it doesn't have that which is a good thing. Instead there is a bit of acrid thing going on with it which is a bit bothersome to me.

Unfortunately it does nothing for me and I acquired half a bottle through a swap. Maybe I will wait until I start working in an office environment to wear it which is very unlikely to happen. But stranger things have happened so who knows.

I think I like the APOM better than this which I have sadly let go of... Oh no, damn!!!

On the brighter side, the longevity is good and it projects a fair bit. I might just wear it one day when I am feeling modern and want to leave the stone age for some and maybe then I will learn to like it.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ MFK Masculin Pluriel certainly lives up to the classic refined masculine scent. Picture a suave and charming James Bond in a well fitted grey suit in front of a vintage silver sports car type of masculine. A quality fougere dominant lavender is the main appeal for me. Also, surprisingly I even enjoy both the supporting cast of subtle cedar and faint smokey vetiver that I do not typically like in other popular designer scents. I love Lumiere Noire wearing it's romantic rose only sparingly but Pluriel is like a versatile suit I could wear everyday or anywhere. This would easily make someone an ideal Signature scent. For me the performance here is perfect not too loud but discreet and combined with long lasting longevity. A true All-Season very versatile and polished pour homme gentleman's scent. I can sincerely say this MFK is a handsome top shelf favorite and enjoy it immensely!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

Zazenh
Zazenh

I just met Francis Kurkdjian this past weekend and let me tell you what a gentleman he is. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with him along with other people. This bottle was on the table and every now and then I would sniff it, and it just made me feel so clean,calm, confident and centred, just the epitome of a "masculine fragrance". Although I haven't tried it on my skin, this is a beautiful timeless scent.

I started collecting about two years ago and now I'm concentrating on building my fragrance wardrobe very carefully, not just picking up whatever the next trend is. Therefore neededless to say, I plan on buying this fragrance as it will be my classic gentleman style fragrance when I need it for work, a Formal event or just when I want to feel like a gentleman. It wasn't meant to be a ground breaking fragrance, it was meant to be his take on the classic Woody Aromatic masculine scent,period. He succeeded in doing that. This is a beautiful fragrance. Lavender, woods and leather, perfectly masculine.

SirCharles
SirCharles

Kinda smells like an updated, polished Bois Du Portugal. Very smooth, classy, classic masculine fougere.

raygsoko
raygsoko

Clean, smooth and classy.
Throw on your Zegna suit, step into your Ferragomo loafers and don't look back. Pluriel puts the finishing touch on your appearance by provoking a sense of confidence in your overall attitude.

AngelRD
AngelRD

Three or four sprays and welcome to the League of Gentlemen.

ALR

Budman
Budman

Sprayed this on while at mall recently. Walking around I kept getting whiffs of it. Hmm, this smells exactly like.. I know this smell, what is it???

It is a clean smell of something new. Clean cut male. Like fresh from barber shop with nice haircut, clean shaven and wearing a GQ sweater with man scarf.

More whiffs. Eventually over coffee it hits me. OMG! This reminds me very much of those "New Car Scent" auto air fresheners you can get at Wal-mart or Auto store! Expensive New Car Scent for yourself.

PAK
PAK

If you are looking for a fougère fragrance, Pluriel Masculin is it! This is not dense or overly structured, its simple, clean, ethereal. What stands out to me is an aroma combination of suede, lavender, ozonic notes and lightly patchouli. Very pleasant with a drydown that is a smooth woody vetiver. Wearing this with a sports coat and or a suit will elevate you to feel like a million bucks (whether you have it or not :)

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

I don't understand the criticism on this fragrance.
Is it groundbreaking? No
Is it like others out there that are cheaper? Maybe
The fact of the matter is that this Fougere is done EXTREMELY well and for all of the MFK fans out there if you haven't tried it....its a must. It is one of those scents that just gives you the clean shaven clean feeling and on my skin lasts 8 hours plus and I am glad about that.
Mauboussin Pour Homme EDP not EDT (sans the Cinnamon note) to me is a comparison to this one but this has way more depth.
Is it worth the money? Depends on what you actually are willing to spend on a bottle. For me it is a YES and I am happy as hell about it.

jhitt793

Kurkdjian's take on the modern fougère cologne for men opens with a burst of astringent lavender. This is no ordinary lavender, as he relies upon the heavily concentrated and prestigious quality of lavender absolute from Provence. It carries with it a sweet and vegetal quality, while still projecting an air of cleanliness and well-coifed sophistication. In this opening, I was reminded of my late grandfather and his variable aftershaves and tonics so neatly kept in his medicine cabinet. For men, the first initiation into the world of personal fragrance comes by way of grooming products, therefore it is not surprising that men's fragrances should carry a clean, refreshing tone. A rich and deep leather accord runs through the heart of the fragrance. The leather portrayed here is old, well oiled and lived-in much like a vintage club chair in a British pub. Eastern red cedar, Haitian vetiver, and Indonesian patchouli complete the base of the composition. Upon its dry down, 'masculin Pluriel' takes on a dry, woody tonality. The lavender is subdued, with cedar's linear scent piercing through as well as patchouli and vetiver's dank earthiness more apparent.

The overarching theme one comes away with after experiencing 'masculin Pluriel' is one of sublime masculinity. There are numerous contradictions within the scent as it is at once rugged yet refined, strong yet tender, stoic yet charismatic. Through its wealth of facets one can imagine a variety of masculine archetypes. I personally enjoy wearing this scent in the colder months of autumn and winter, but it is certainly suitable for use anytime of the year. When I do choose to apply this fragrance, I get numerous compliments from both sexes on its high quality and sophisticated beauty. Both longevity and projection are outstanding, performing more like an "eau de parfum" than an "eau de toilette". Mr. Kurkdjian has certainly captured the epitome of the "eternal masculine" fragrance with his 'masculin Pluriel', but in doing so has created something which goes beyond outward stereotypes in order to convey a more transcendent inner beauty.

Read my complete review at my personal blog
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

balkantraveler
balkantraveler

I like woody scents, and this is a good one in that it is doesn't just scream "high school woodshop!", but rather is fairly complex and "dressy," particularly on a cool night. It has a sharp spicy scent as it dries down on me, as well, ending with a nice aromatic scent.

However, I don't think that this offers anything that you can't find anywhere else for less. Penhaligon's Endymion provides much the same function for me at half the price.

There are certainly fragrances that you simply can't find anywhere else, so you will spend money to buy that designer fragrance. I like this, but no so much that I have to have it when there are available less costly alternatives.

edge42
edge42

Masculine? Absolutely.
Barbershop? Oh yeah.
Woody? If that's your thing!

This smells fantastic as I've come to expect from MFK, but perhaps slightly TOO woody for my liking. I have the small 5ml size bottle and will definitely use the rest of this but so far not sure if this is full bottle worthy.

The barbershop vibe I love so much is there, this smells very masculine and it lasts forever with good projection...but...and this is a big BUT... the wood reminds me of Creed Royal Oud - a scent I just can't bring myself to like. Time will tell if this is a love or only a like.

Overall this is an excellent lavender scent in the realm of other greats like Invasion Barbare, HdP 1725 Casanova and Penhaligon's Sartorial - only Masculin Pluriel incorporates more of a woody, masculine vibe. Less silky vanilla, more patchouli, woods and perhaps a slight hint of leather.

If you like barbershop lavender type scents, definitely try this! Many prefer it even to Invasion Barbare so judge for yourself.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

Barbershop fragrance that comes off clean. I get mostly a creamy patchouli on my skin with a flash of lavender. Performance is fairly weak imo. I would prefer Bois D'Argent in that same vein. Still, this is a solid fragrance

My Score: 7.5/10

Rerik
Rerik

Very misunderstood and underrated fragrance. Masculin Pluriel Maison Francis Kurkdjian opens with a metallic lavender which really deserves the name masculin. Master Kurkdjian offered us so many sweet, powdery, feminine fragrances that he decided to show what else he can do. This is the result. A masterpiece for real man.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

BARBERSHOP QUARTET

When I think of a classic barbershop scent, I think powder + spice. And that's what we have here - although a stepped up, more refined, version of the classic.

Difficult to determine the notes (well blended), the opening is spectacularly rich and refined and, yes, masculine. Although unique, I place this fragrance in the same circle as Invastion Barbare, and Sartorial. (If you enjoy those two - sample this.)

Over some time - perhaps an hour or two - the magic wears off and I am left with 'spicy powder'. Certainly not a crime. But it does give me pause in terms of owning this.

I would consider this for an evening out - getting the max benefit from the first two hours and let the remaining dry down of power + spice lull you to sleep.

marioslg3
marioslg3

draws compliments and lasts....a kind of barbershop fragrance, pleasant and safe. does not remind anything else i know and i use it as a signature scent for a month now. It is a favorite for women and leaves a great manly clean aura behind you....Personally i enjoy MFK fragrances, especially this one and lumiere noir homme as well as the female fragrances but not the unisex beyon pour le soir line.

Little Prince
Little Prince

I had high hopes for Masculin Pluriel since its creator is a very talented perfumer. Also the pyramid with lavender, leather, vetiver tied in a fougere accord seemed very promising. However after the initial catchy moments the fragrance quickly loses balance and starts smelling rather cheap, utilizing many “deodorant” like aromachemicals not to my liking. Its sweet vibe is also kind of cloying, but mainly the fragrance fails me since I expected a lot more from a very promising house and such hugely talented perfumer. In fact instead of that I would rather buy Kurkdijan’s Le Male which is at once less flashy and more original.

turnerton
turnerton

I think most of you are missing the point with this one...
Boring? Sure, you could say that, but the idea of Masculin Pluriel is that it's meant to be a classic fougere, a quintessential gent's fragrance. No bells or whistles, no pushing the envelope in to obscure niche territory... Just a simple pyramid of high quality, tried and tested ingredients.
It achieves exactly what it set out to do. The quality is undoubtedly high, but the overall impact of the fragrance is low. It's a safe scent for everyday use, and it will not knock your socks off. As long as you try it with that in mind, I do not think you will be disappointed. If you expect to be wowed and taken on a journey, then you most definitely will be...
For me, the stand out notes are cedar and lavender. An Excellent quality cedar note though, not your typical cheap designer base note. There is a leathery feel rather than a leather note, this comes from the subtle blend of patchouli, wood and vetiver. The overall effect is clean, fresh, smooth and woody. Lovely and very comfortable to wear. It last very well on me and the projection is just right, not too loud. The bottle also looks real nice.
The only thing I do agree on is the price tag. Sure, the quality is good, but it still does not warrant £120. If you can get it cheaper then go for it, but like most brands, I would not pay RRP for it.

In my opinion, the ultimate fougere is Invasion Barbare. However, if you do not like the musky vanillic aspect of that fragrance, then certainly check out Masculin Pluriel.
If Masculin Pluriel is a little too bland for you, then perhaps seek out L'Art de La Guerre by Jovoy. Like Masculin Pluriel, there is no vanilla or musk, and it focuses on the woody and clean aspects of a fougere. More interesting, it features top notes of rhubarb and apple, the essential lavender heart, and a long lasting mossy, leathery base.
These three are my picks for the best fougere fragrances available, and all have their own identity. Check them out without delay!

qy05
qy05

If anyone is looking for a body wash to pair with this - check out Dove Men+Care Odor Guard body and face wash. I swear it smells exactly like Masculin Pluriel!

d5e_henry
d5e_henry

I was assaying this and a few other fougere types over half a day. The two finalists were Fougere Royale (2010, Houbigant) and Pluriel. I like the top note of Pluriel over Fougere Royale, it is much more exciting and pleasant. But after a few hours the only residuel odor reminds me of some soft and sweet musk and amber tones, not at all exciting anymore, whereas Fougere Royale had much more spicy oakmoss left in the base notes after the same time and so the joy lasted longer as such. Pluriel is a good and very pleasant fragrance to me, but the excitement vanishes just too quickly.

jeanuk
jeanuk

My friend works in a big perfume store in London and gave me lot of samples from this house. i sprayed different scents on my skin, this one was alright but smell cheaper in comparison with the price £ 120. I love perfumes and have all different types and prices, but i wouldn't pay that price for this fragrance. in my opinion

Liquidasset77
Liquidasset77

This scent opens with a very fresh, very clean lavender note which immediately conveys the image of a distinguished gentleman. The fragrance then develops into a leathery, woody scent that brings up the masculine appeal. I get complements from the baristas at Starbucks all the way to the women in the office.

The one draw back for me is it's longevity tends to resign at around 3.5 hours. Similar to creeds royal oud on my skin.

Overall I give this a 8.5

INJEN
INJEN

This is such a comforting sent, last longer when spray on clothing .

I deliberately didn't look into what this fragrance was about or I'd forgotten if I did.
So when this lovely little number revealed itself I was pleasantly surprised.
I think aromatic fougere is an apt title for this but with non of the usual over musky or powdery nature it's not sweet but pleasing.
Masculine but refined.
The opening for me contains a saffron note although it's not listed here it shares some woody/leathery similarity with MFK Oud and Versace Man.
That does back off pretty quickly and reveals the heart of soothing, herbal, lavender, woods and vetiver but great quality and somehow better than many in this genre.
It's certainly not ground breaking perhaps even a little mundane but is well executed and the drydown doesn't compare to the interest of the opening but still very nice.
Classy stuff and although I like many from this line, Kurkdjian plays it quite safe on the whole and Pluriel is no exception.
Balance is the key here and he got it right for me, whether it's worth the price tag is entirely in the eyes of the beholder I wouldn't blame someone for falling for this nor would I be surprised If some found it boring and lacking ooomf!
The deep drydown is very woody and just a lovely thing and lasting power is good but not excellent.

Update: I first sampled this a while back (then wrote the above review) however since then I tried it in store and really didn't like it, especially the top notes, which pretty much flies in the face of my review. I decided to wear it today and I'm sort of stuck inbetween. Pluriel is not all accessible, fun & games, there's something slightly bitter and challenging about it. Makes me like it less but repect the composition more, if that makes sense. I honestly don't think it's your average lavender topped, woody base masculine (well that IS what it is!) I think there's a challenging 'nose dive' as I like to call it. Just when you think you have it worked out there's a slight unpleasantness, not enough to make you dislike it but enough to keep you intrigued. I have to say the sillage on this one is better than I first thought I have been leaving a distinct trail around the place one even I'm aware of. This smells slightly different from opening to dry down, both close on the skin and a waft in the air are distictly different and that has to be a good quality...surely? At least for me a sign of good composition and more than first meets the eye...well nose.

ScentedGent1
ScentedGent1

It's true, MFK would get less criticism with this scent if he had made it for any of the med-high designer fragrance houses.

It's not abhorrent or anything like that, it's just VERY boring even when compared to recent designer releases.

It's absolutely ok to make mistakes , but at least price them accordingly.

At is happens, the female version smells better or if anything, a tad more interesting.

matty64

Okay. If you have a Neiman Marcus in your neck of the woods they will give you free samples of MFK.

matty64

MonsiuerK, have you tried MFK's Lumiere Noire homme or his Oud? They are two of the best perfumes I've smelled in a very long time. They surpass anything in the Tom Ford line.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

This is the one fragrance I most looked forward to trying. To me, Francis Kurkdjian is a legend - even if its only because of the profound effect Narciso Rodriguez for Him has had on me.

But I'm finding it extremely hard to justify how I would ever part with £110 for a 70ml bottle of this. Isn't high-end 'niche' all about unrestrained budgets, finest ingredients, artistic creative freedom blah blah?

What I smell here is a medley of Just Cavalli Him, Laura Biagotti Roma Uomo, and Montblanc Emblem. Its not that these fragrances are bad; it's that they are not singing and dancing about themselves trying to be what they are not.

This is pleasant but very middle of the road and does not move me at all.To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Seriously? A sort of fougerey thing quickly turning into a a mish-mash of generic masculine perfumery already experienced in way too many department stores in the last twenty years or so.

velb95
velb95

EN. This perfume vaguely reminiscent the notes of Oud Mood line by Kurkdjian, even if the notes of leather and white cedar in combination with a faint whiff of vetiver create a very sensual, alter ego like filling, as if you would see yoyurself in the mirrors of Wonderland, attracted by its inaccessibility.

IT. Questo profumo vagamente ricorda le note della linea Oud Mood di Kurkdjian, anche se le note di pelle e cedro bianco in combinazione con un leggerissimo soffio di vetiver creano un'immagine molto sensuale, una spece di alter ego, come se ti riflettessi negli specchi del Paese delle Meraviglie attratto e nello stesso tempo ingannato dalla sua inaccessibilità.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Uplifting and aromatic with lots of little nuances to keep things interesting and away from the mundane, this is an excellent release from one of the more exciting houses in mainstream-niche perfumery. Pluriel's lavender is bright with hues of lemon-yellow and a light, soapy quality. The patchouli is clean, and lends a spicy abstract earthiness to the mix without every hitting that stereotypical patchouli note which can often dominate and ruin an otherwise good fragrance. The wood notes are crisp throughout and the composition is marked by a cool, cheerful buoyancy. I like Pluriel because it's clean, peppy, and professional without ever feeling stiff, or old, or like it's trying too hard to be a "serious" man's cologne. Still, it will work wonders at the office and fit in perfectly. It's interesting that this is considered a leather frag, because to me, the leather in Pluriel sits mostly in the background. It permeates the base of the fragrance in a delicate, ethereal way, which leaves plenty of room for the other notes to dance around. Very well done, in my opinion and absolutely worth checking out. It should be noted that there is some semblance of an aftershave in Pluriel, and its masculinity is undeniable.. Projection and longevity are both good.

muzzbait
muzzbait

vettiver and lavender, not blowing me away, kinda stock standard and nothing amazing. actually, coming from mfk it is a little disappointing...

vasjan
vasjan

Glorified, more refined Brut. Well, for 10 x the price!

Mokokos
Mokokos

Pluriel masculin is a beautiful fragrance. It's very classy and sophisticated. The leather, patchouli drenched in honey is a close to the skin projection. You will get wafts periodically throughout the day. It does last all day. I played golf after work and the warm sweat helped re-project the fragrance, which was a pleasant surprise 10 hours after the morning application.

klaaon
klaaon

There is much sweetness in this nu-fougere, at least in the beginning. In this regard, it made me think of Sartorial although they dont smell exactly alike.

As the scent dries down, the subtle leather accord becomes more noticeable, and it loses some of that sweetness. Well-blended and alluring... versatile enough for work and dinners!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

In a few words: brilliant for what it is.

The classic fougère accord revisited by Francis Kurkdjian is a pure pleasure to the nose. Mature and classy, Pluriel Masculin is a deep fragrance that honores every single of its notes.

It opens with a frank burst of lavender, and settles into a refined leather-woods-patchouli scent, slightly sweet and earthy. A fragrance that is a bit reminiscent of Terre d'Hermès, with more complexity and vividness. The leather-lavender combination is very refined, and lasts til the very last hours of the drydown.

Excellent balance overall, and good performances. A wonderful tribute to the classic masculine fougère.

armaniboy
armaniboy

What can I say about this beauty?!?Both versions of pluriel mens and women's are simply AMAZING.So elegant,effortless a bit fragile yet strong(not in terms of silage).Pluriel masculin has to me,a bit of edition blanche Chanel in its DNA.In general it has this warm familiar smell which seems simple and straightforward but is eventually haunting.It is a fragrance speaking of simplicity,elegance,grace and freedom.these are just my thoughts....Smells expensive without the need to show off.its a confident yet understated smell.its clean,warm artistic,comforting,multi faceted.In terms of silage and longevity...silage is good but feels personal. it's not the fragrance that would make an entrance before your arrival.its like a whisper, a loyal companion.in terms of longevity before it turns into a wonderful skin scent I got about 6 hours.love it.

Joshuawrng
Joshuawrng

*edit*

I finally got this frag!
I got the mini vial sample from my usual store.
Tried it, and on the same time, I decided that I will get this one for sure!

The opening is woody and earthy. Such a warm scent.
But that's not the part that makes me fall in love with this frag.
Its the dry down!
Faint but still noticeable; earthy and woody cord blended really well;
not forget to mention the slightly but noticeable leather cord in it too.
Its a bold scent, but not heavy. still enjoyable.

The scent is so warm, classy, and elegant.
Its feel as I'm on winter, and just having a warm bath,
and cuddling on my sofa near my fireplace.

Has quite nice sillage for the first 30 mins, then gradually decrease...
after 2 hours, its very weak,
and after 4 hours, it sink on my skin and i need to put my skin right under my nose to be able to smell the scent...
However, in my opinion, this kind of smell is better to be linger on skin rather then projecting everywhere; but still, would be better if it at least last longer than it is :(

I think it would be nice to be worn at parties and evening concert.
Or at least for indoor activities.
I wouldn't recommend this for hot-dry weather...

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

I tried this today and my oh my, this leather fragrance is just amazing. My only issue is the longevity is not that great and sillage is really soft.

jeca
jeca

This is a beautiful fragrance! At some stage it reminds me of Terre d'Hermes and expensive suits. Very nicely earthy and subtly sweet, with a very well balanced masculine roughness that shows from time to time in a generally very smooth woody fragrance. Much better than the female fragrance, which is not bad.

jhitt793

A modern interpretation of the classic aromatic fougere, Francis Kurkdjian has created something at once timeless in its sensibility yet contemporary in its formulation. Masculin Pluriel utilizes the central focus of lavender as its compass, guiding us through an olfactory journey. Its sweetly herbal fragrance is noted throughout the life of the scent. Initially I noticed a quite impressive dose of oud to the opening, and was surprised not to see it mentioned within the stated included ingredients . It perhaps is included to recreate the smokey murmurings of oakmoss which is traditionally used in classic fougere technique. Here it seems to pair well with and enhances/mimics the medicinal qualities of the astringent lavender. Aromatic patchouli is noticed next, its strong and heavy scent coincides with the aromatic lavender (interesting to note that both are members of the mint family). This is a vegetal patchouli note, not an incense-like one. As the scent dries down, a delightful earthiness is noticed in part thanks to the inclusion of vetiver. There are slight lemony facets highlighted here of the vetiver root, which again further develop the central focus of lavender. This fragrance conjured up historic Paris during the French Revolution for me. I can imagine the debonaire fictional character the Scarlet Pimpernel wearing this. He of course was the original dual identity hero; a dandyish socialite by day, a heroic master of disguise by night. Mysterious, masculine and timeless. (149)

Big shout out to Wendy at the Maison Francis Kurkdjian counter at Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas for allowing me the early opportunity to sample this lovely scent!

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

I reviewed this cologne yesterday and for some reason my review disappeared!! All I had to say about this cologne was positive things so far from what little I tested. It was already at Neiman Marcus at the Prudential center in Boston. The associate said they just got it in. From what I smelled so far, I definitely want to try it more extensively. I hope this review stays now!!