Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

(untitled) Maison Martin Margiela for women and men

(untitled) Maison Martin Margiela for women and men
dislike

(untitled) is a new fragrance representing the brand of famous Belgian fashion designer Maison Martin Margiela. The flacon was created by Fabien Baron and the composition it captures is created of boxwood, galbanum, bitter orange and incense, along with jasmine, cedar and musk. The fragrance reinterprets aromas of greenery after rain. Perfumer of the edition is Daniela Andrier, and the perfume is available as 30, 50 and 75ml edt. The fragrance is characterized as a floral-woody-musky with accentuated green accords. (untitled) was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

Bitter Orange boxwood Galbanum Incense Jasmine Virginia Cedar Musk

Untitled L`Eau
Jasmin Angélique
Lune de Givre

(untitled) Fragrance Reviews

daniel.satibaldi
daniel.satibaldi

nice citrus scent, slightly more suitable for women

Germany
Germany

Wore this today for the second time. I bought L'eau before this one and fell I love ,People asked many times what I was wearing and even my husband said he loves it. So I decided to order untitled blind hoping it was similar but as it states a floral woody musk rather than a citrus aromatic.
Daniela Andrier outdid herself again with that one. She truly is a genius. ( prada infusion )
It's a delicious but natural fragrance. It's one of a kind and may have to move to my top shelf. It wears heavenly ,seamless , soft and warm like a hug of nature , woods , it's radiant it's avant Garde. It has a sophisticated aura that is suitable for both men and women. But I find it so sweet and feminine in its drydown that I would rather smell it on myself than my husband. But then again maybe I would go wild over it on him.
I love the fragrance through all it's stages. It starts if really vibrant and green. Very fresh !!! Then it turns into a very warm round sweet incense ceder woody musky scent ,still fresh but more of a fresh amber woody musk scent.
Work of art.
Also the bottle is great and it comes in a travel pouch.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Beautifully GREEN. This is delightful. It feels familiar, unchallenging and easy to wear, yet serious and I love it.

I adore green notes and this is just perfectly balanced. Great day wear, it smells classy and rather formal - proper for want of a better word. I imagine the polo set or the ascot set wearing this.

Mouth-wateringly good.

ali_uae
ali_uae

Best of green smell , the first spray is a bit strong because of bitterorange but after you'll smell nice fresh green mix with smoky notes, it's not for night use or very hot day..

عطر منعش بروائح خضراء جميله تذكرك بالمساحات الخضراء بعد هطول المطر عليها ، يبدأ بنوته قويه نوعا ما من البرتقال المر ثم ينتقل بهدوء الى النوتات الخضراء ممزوجه بالرائحة الدخانيه ، العطر ثباته وفوحانه ممتازين ، يصلح للنهار فقط ويفضل استخدامه في الاجواء المعتدله.

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

So very happy wih this give-away I received !! ( thanks!)
It's not 'your ordinary green-musk' scent, the boxwood is too bitter-aromatic for that.( although I smell it for first time in my life, it can only be the boxwood causing this aroma) Have the sensation that the TWIGS are used as well as the green tiny leaves (= the same twigs you get at Catholic mass at 'Palm's- Sunday', as sign of peace. I keep it in a bottle the whole year around, for good luck/blessing ) It's bitter-sweet and very refreshing. Don't smell galbanum at all. Smell it much more in scents like ( vintage-) Miss Dior or Ma Griffe. It has a similarity with White Linnen ( E. Lauder) since it's rather 'austere' with some soapiness/cleaness. That's the only scent I could think off which reminds me of it just a little. A pity it fades after a couple of hours, but THEN suddenly it returns , in my experience. Needs re-spraying after 5 hours..Very lovely, subtile and ELEGANT, for who appreciates a minimalistic-dry-green-approach and none 'frou-frou' around it ( hardly smell the jasmine..only GREENS ) and absolutely unisex.

psebi101
psebi101

Bitter-sweet, floral, creamy and so green and vegetal that is almost off-putting; very potent at first and within an hour it settles to a sweet woody aromatic scent that sits close to the skin. Not much of a fan, but it's quite original and interesting.

5.5/10

julia.lennox
julia.lennox

One of my favourites. I like the unusual mix of green and woody and the dryness. I never use floral scents but sometimes I like to try something different from my usual salty or woody scents. The only minus point is that it does not have much staying power. Love the bottle.

lilalina
lilalina

Being a fan of the house I bought this as soon as it came out in 2010. I loved it straight away and repurchased it a couple of times. It's edgy and androgynous something that stands out.

Astraia
Astraia

This is such an original scent! But my relation to it varies on a day by day basis. Sometimes this is the only scent I feel like wearing - and sometimes it's too dry and woody. It's almost a tad masculine, but in a very good and unisex way. I got this one as a gift, and would probably not have bought it myself - but it has grown on me so much. Will most likely repurchase!

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

I like this. It's interesting, contemporary, cool and green, and has lots of cedar (one of my favourite notes). So cedar and the galbanum are the main ones straight off the bat, then the plant notes come forward. A little like Eau de Givenchy, but sweeter, less of a twist; and not as bitter as Vent Vert. A very pleasant green scent, like a still pond in the shady woods. The very slightest ashy tang, remains among the green - the scent isn't very long lasting, but it's natural smelling and completely unisex :)

spcmiller
spcmiller

I'm finding, reading these reviews, that there seems to be a lot of variability in how people are interpreting the scent itself, the longevity, and the sillage. Far more than you would imagine you'd have with a product manufactured by L'Oreal under pretty strict guidelines.

After having numerous bottles and many, many samples I'm thinking this wide disparity in interpretation is due a lot to the product's age and the storage conditions. More so than with a lot of other mass market perfumes. I'm guessing there are more than a few fragile components contained therein that don't like extreme variation in temperature and begin to break down at a quicker rate than the other components, leaving a huge disparity in user experience, even from bottle to bottle.

I say this because I recent purchased a used bottle (30ml) off eBay, and also had a 12 pack of the 1.5ml sample sprays...so I compared them. The contents of the used bottle came out very alcoholic and bitter, eventually drying down to the scent I was expecting, while the sprays yielded a smoother, more characteristic scent. And longevity is also much longer with the sprays than with the bottle. My guess is somewhere along the line, the bottle was stored in a less than optimal environment and that deeply affected the contents.

My .02. Your mileage may vary.

And a quick sidenote: the plastic top that comes on all the Untitled bottles is also compatible with the Replica bottles so don't throw them out when you use up your bottle of Untitled! The more you know....

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

To me this is a very unique fragrance, I won't even be afraid to use the word brilliant!
I love how they've juxtaposed freshness with incense, it almost has a smokers vibe without tobacco, I absolutely love it! I've never smelled anything like it and the packaging is quite great too.
I would have to say it's a warm climate perfume, which can be work during the colder climate, but in cold weather it turns a bit nostalgic and sad, it's the only way I can describe it. In warm weather you still get a bit of a nostalgic vibe but it's much more smoother.

vagabondant
vagabondant

A scent pleasantly bitter,green and candy sweet. But the longevity and sillage is so disappointing. A pity.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

My method for testing a new perfume has always been the same; I spritz a bit in the air, and then I run the back of my hand through said mist. This is usually enough to give me a good impression of whether I will like the scent or not, and in the case of Untitled, less is more. This baby is pungent. Had I indulged myself in a full, wet blast on first try, I may have recoiled in horror. Even with that timid, introductory mist, I found myself it a temporary state of shock. Upon initial application, the best single word for Untitled is simply, "weird." However, I like weird, and this is a weird I can appreciate - especially now that I know what comes next...

...ANNND because "weird" is not at all helpful to you. Let's get into the nitty-gritty of this concoction. Untitled has, maybe, one of the greenest presence that I've smelled. Spritz. Sniff. Bitter, sharp, crunchy, aggressively green; this must be the galbanum. Sniff. I sense oiliness, but upon reading the description I pulled, they got it right when they used the word "filmy." For me, the filmiest part is at the start, but it certainly digs its heels in and sticks around. Sniff. The jasmine sneaks in to save the homicidal greenery from completely murdering your olfactive experience. I also sense the woody-incense tip-toeing in, but as for the citrus, I can pin-point none. However I imagine the citrus is mingling in the background, playing a significant part in keeping this from staying over-the-top green. It settles down to a green-woody-floral, eventually musk side-steps in to assist the dry-down. As it settles down completely, it gets softer, pretty, airy, a little soapy, and less jarring.

I admire Untitled most with a light spritz, or when there's only a whisper of it left on the skin. And because I've thoroughly enjoyed every scent I've experienced that has Daniela's name on it, my fondness for this baby is no surprise. I think if you're a fan of Daniela Andrier, you must try this. If you've sniffed several of her perfumes, you'll likely feel the Daniela vibe in the dry-down. Although very different fragrances, Untitled strongly reminds me of Prada's Infusion d'Iris (which is one of my all time favorites).

As for the longevity and projection of this scent, it's a bit underwhelming. If you happen to be in the presence of others when you've first applied, I'm fairly confident they'd notice. However, once worn for awhile, it becomes more of a skin scent. I don't have to mash my nose against my wrist, but I have to get within an inch of it to catch a whiff. Longevity is okay, in that you'll smell traces of it up close hours later, but it may leave you wondering where the once brash and outspoken Mr. Green has run off to.

(untitled) is an EDP and it retails for $100-140

Projection: 2/5

Sincerely, Krista @ Juice Fragrance Blog

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I do like this, and wish I'd ordered at least 2 of the tiny samples, 1 is not going to give me enough 'wears' to decide if I like it enough to expend my entire monthly perfume budget on a FB. It has a bitterish green opening that really captured my attention, along with the incense and woods but faded quickly leaving only a faint musky finish that I can barely smell, even with my nose right on my wrist. I don't get the longevity that other reviewers have mentioned. I think I will purchase a couple more samples, but at this point I don't think it's worth the price of a full bottle.

pauroj
pauroj

like the bottle is simple , white , clean , minimalistic and fresh , is ok for summer

bronstein
bronstein

I am wearing this for years now and didn't yet comment on it because it's one of the most difficult and unusual scents ever.

First of all, I like it. If any scent would be aptly titled "Alien", maybe it would be this one. It's one of those smells you can't take your nose off, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you find it to be pleasant. Interesting, deep and sensual, yes, but these are different attributes than, say, beautiful or clean.

Secondly, on all those occasions that I have worn it I never ever got one single compliment. I expected that it would provoke at least something, as I consider it at least unusual if nothing else, but no.

Maybe it's just not designed for humans? It is definitely not what humans of either sex find "sexy". So, nobody seems to like it? Well, at least I did as long as my bottle lasted.

****

archivist
archivist

Just an FYI - all the Maison Martin Margiela scents are developed by L'Oreal; they're nice and everything, but it's not like they're sourcing really great components or anything nichey like that. The name, the bottle design, the label design - it's all very MMM, but the juice itself is something you shouldn't expect too much from.

The wet ashtray scent is the galbanum overdose; if you try Silences by Jacomo you'll get the same effect.

Moonchild1985
Moonchild1985

Sick of having to choose between Prada Amber Pour Homme and Thierry Mugler Cologne for a soapy-smelling designer scent? Add Margiela's (Untitled) as a contender.
Margiela is my favorite designer and I was excited when I heard they were releasing a perfume. For those who don't know about Margiela, it's a straight-up fashion-forward fashion house, with mind-challenging designs and artwork...Coats made of garbage bags? check. Sweater made of assembled wool socks? check. A dress made of 12¨ vinyle discs? check... So of course I was expecting something rather 'avant garde', a la Comme des Garcons or Etat libres d'Orange..
Well, i was a little disappointed, especially at the early stage. The opening notes smell EXACTLY like an ashtray with old cigarette ashes/butts... Actually, I wanted something ..er .. different. And different it was.. But that weird smell lasted only 10-15 minutes and then came the soapy smell, which remains pretty linear (with that little green herbal scent in the background).
It's refreshing, perfect for summer. It smell like laundered clothes drying on the (freshly cut) grass as they sometimes do in the south of France. Not bad, not groundbreaking either. A safe, office friendly scent, perfect for scorching hot days (once you get past the harsh opening).
Longevity is average, I get 5-6 hours and sillage/projection is quite weak (skin sent, 10 inches projection at best).
I'd give it a 7 /10.
If you wanna buy a Margiela scent, go for Jazz Club instead. Underrated gem!

houstcs
houstcs

I love you Daniela. I am not sure what this reminds me of, but something I have worn before. The green to me is dark more than bitter. Hard to explain I guess. Words are not coming to me very well about this. There is something wafting up that is sweet while dark green at the same time. Possible the bitter and sweet of the bitter orange. Not sure, but the sweet does not linger long, but pops up once in a while.
Update: 16 hours going strong...2 sprays from a decant

nero77
nero77

A wonderful bitter-sweet green...

This fragrance is like a reminder of the great chypre fragrances of the past, like Chanel Cristalle however this one is more adventurous and goes in new directions. But it is first and foremost a green fragrance with a bite!

(untitled) opens up with bitter green galbanum, which, combined with the bitter orange and incense, gives the whole fragrance a very "bitter" vibe. This trio of "bitterness" combines with woody-green boxwood and dry cedar to add to the "greenness" of the scent, followed by white musk and a wonderful jasmine note which finally gives the fragrance extra depth and stops it being to bitter. Over time the galbanum gets sweeter, and the jasmine, orange blossom and musk contribute to this, but it stays sharp for a long time before calming down.

I enjoy this because sometimes I'm in the mood for a very bitter type of green fragrance. This does the job for me. Perfect for spring in my opinion, and while this isn't my favourite green fragrance, it's certainly the most green out of everything I've tried. If you are a nature or "green" lover, you should give this one a try.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Untitled opens with a synthetic accord of crunchy, bitter and quite realistic green notes surrounded by a slightly sweet and pollen-earthy note of labdanum, then patchouli, cashmeran (that mellow woody feel evoking cedar), aldehydes and white musks. But most of all loads of artificial greenness, gently rounded by a floral-woody creaminess. All clean, sharp and “cold”, although not unpleasant. As minutes pass the initial tart-green blast leaves the stage to floral-woody notes, still keeping it clean and glossy. Shortly, an androgynous, “abstract-clean” contemporary scent following the style of CdG and similar brands, but with a sort of more trendy and crowd-pleasing attitude. Still although not that creative and fairly uninteresting, it’s undoubtedly pleasant to wear: unworthy the search in my opinion, but may be a nice gift for (undemanding) fans of unisex, contemporary, clean green-floral scents.

6,5/10

Lana148
Lana148

This perfume starts with a blast of thick, bitter foliage and then lovely bland of blood orange and jasmine appears.

(Untitled) is all about blood orange and jasmine, really. And they are very well done together in this fragrance. There are also some: galbanum, cedar, little incense sneaked on the background, but their notes are barely pronounced.

This is an interesting fragrance. Dry down becomes very gentle and aromatic.

Must try for white floral lovers!

dsty
dsty

I only have a 0.5 ml sample of this, so I have to make up my mind after only one wearing, and that's a pity because it'll leave me wondering: would I still find it this weird and ultimately unconvincing after multiple wears?

I got this sample because of the bitter orange and galbanum, notes I love, but I don't get any orange and the galbanum behaves in an unexpected and not altogether pleasant way here. In fact, I can't really pick out any notes, but what dominates on my skin is a vaguely creamy, sour smell. It reminded me of something immediately, and after a while and a lot of sniffing I put my finger on it: it smells slightly like mayonnaise. At the same time it's very resinous, which is a saving grace, because it actually doesn't smell bad: it's like someone mixed together mayonnaise and furniture polish, and somehow it turned out better than you'd think, but of course it's not good either (you can't expect that much from a mix like that).

I can't imagine they were going for the mayonnaise/furniture polish vibe, so I wonder if this effect is my skin chemistry's fault, or if my sample already went bad. I'll try it again in a store if I ever see it around.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I like! Once again, this was introduced to me by a fellow member who sent me a sample :)

This, to my nose, is not a "strange" scent. Not in the way, say, Cacharel's Eden is. Yes, it's different, but not in a repulsive way. (The fact that we all perceive scents differently is what makes being a member here so interesting. I suppose if this perfume were to remind me of horse stables, then I'd run the other way, too!)

Thankfully, this is a quieter green and citrus on me. There is a sort of sweetly sour note to it -- a bit minty -- which I find compelling. Like other reviewers, I also sense a smokiness -- incense or tobacco -- but only when I shove my nose down the top of my shirt. I don't get the same note from my arms.

Not a loud perfume. Somewhat long-lasting. Pleasantly sour/sweet muskiness at dry down.

nikoleta1

This is a gem, one of my favorites that I miss, will go for another bottle which is rare for me. Fresh, classy, cool green floral chypre, unisex, very lasting.

Hellita
Hellita

This simply isn't made for me. Would be interesting though to smell it on someone it works for, because on me this wasn't a good match!

Taliera
Taliera

An amazing scent. So different and complex…

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It keeps evolving, offering pleasant surprises. I’m going to make a contradiction here, by saying it smells like nothing else but also reminds me of a lot of other fragrances.

My review is a personal interpretation – I appraised the scent before I knew the real notes, so if there are any inconsistencies don’t assume I haven’t read the Fragrantica description; it’s what I THOUGHT it was.

A clean, slightly citrusy, floral, bitter “green”, that matures into something a bit sweeter, then dryer.

First impression brought O de Lancome to mind.

It punches you in the face with an opening burst of lily-of-the-valley, like Diorissimo. But Diorissimo is cold, cold, cold, and this is not. Now I realize there is no lily-of-the-valley here, so it must be the combination of notes creating that illusion.

Then the “green” changes to resemble something like Versense (Versace). It remains sharp and bitter, which I attribute to galbanum, bitter orange and probably boxwood (I’ve never smelt boxwood).

But there is something sweeter underneath – the jasmine, musk and cedar. It’s very clean. Reminds me of English summer gardens just after rain. A lot like Jo Malone’s French Lime Blossom.

Then it drifts into Estee Lauder Pure White Linen territory… Airy and delicately floral, while still retaining the bitterness.

Then it becomes really complex. The warmth develops – a spice, not sure which one - pepper, cloves, amber, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon? At the same time the greenness grows, reminding me of Chanel No. 19 EDT. And the sweetness is still increasing…

Suddenly you realize the scent has changed direction. There is no more sweetness, and no more warmth. The flowers are cold and the spices are sharp. It has a slightly “musty” quality about it, like what you would find in an antique shop. In fact, it smells a lot like Cristalle by Chanel.

The base shows itself. It feels warm, sharp and very dry. At this point I’m suspecting woods and incense.

In its last stages you can still smell the bitterness and the floral quality, but you are overwhelmed by the dry, warm base. You are left with a calming stagnancy; a vintage staleness. Desirable or not? I’m not sure, but I will respect it for what it is.

Conclusion: for those of you who love bitter green scents, floral scents or light scents, give this a try. It may not be to everyone’s taste, but for people who dig this “type” of scent, it deserves an award it’s so good. Excuse my language, but this is bloody good…

There's just one last thing I'd like to say about this fragrance. You expect it to be so minimalist it lacks character, like the clothes of Maison Martin Margiela (or at least my perception of them) and because of the bottle design and the name "(untitled)". Instead you find a fragrance that is beautiful, with no lack of character.

viridian
viridian

The first time I tried Untitled was unforgettable. That fresh, sharp, snap of something green was so welcome after encountering too many scents that smell like kool-aid and patchouli, usually applied way too liberally. One of my favourites since the 80s is Cristalle - I still love it. Untitled to me is Cristalle's slightly edgier sister. Both a blast of galbanum.

IsabelVerh
IsabelVerh

I really like the bottle design on this one. The scent however, is only moderately good. As a casual day-to-day-fragrance it's ok - slightly soapy with just enough spicy edge to stand out a little.

For me, however, it's just too casual. It's meaningless. After a couple of days of wearing the sample, I was mostly bored.

Anvil_of_the_Sun
Anvil_of_the_Sun

Beware! At an initial test on skin or paper this will probably intrigue you: it comes across as subtle, complex, and 'natural', with an interesting interplay between bitter, green galbanum and some woody notes and incense. The trouble comes in the dry down: you find that what's in the background is a very persistent set of synthetic notes reminiscent of fabric conditioner, dry cleaning agents, and over-ironed cotton (the kind of thing you find in Green Irish Tweed, only considerably less appealing). I don't usually write 'headache inducing' in perfume reviews, but here goes: this is headache inducing. If you're thinking of buying this, make sure you test it all the way through dry-down first. I was thinking, did test, and I'm glad I did ...

Well...I just need to start by saying I had no preconceptions about this fragrance at all and approached it with an open mind.
I subsequently discovered that it was the product of Daniella Andrier a perfumer I respect highly due to her simple but creative approach. Obviously that doesn't mean I like everything that she does but the vast majority of her works appeal to me.
{Untitled} for me is one of those cases where I think she's hit on something special.
Perfectly unisex, wonderfully inoffensive and suitable for regular wear.
Galbanum, bitter orange, sweet jasmine cedar and incense...it's great! These elements combine to make something very well blended and effortlessly green. It has a very natural accord without smelling like any one thing you'd find in nature...if that makes sense?
Maybe that could be interpreted as a sign of a truly well conceived fragrance?
I think so and I really like it but it's not a priority for the collection just yet.

jlfears
jlfears

I wanted to love this ~ so, so very much ~ but it smelled like a sour mop and bong water on me.

I thought it was just me, as I can see these notes being super dependant on one's chemistry, but it also smelled this way on my boyfriend as well as the sales associate.

I was so sad. I love incense, and the bottle is sleek.

I may try it one more time.

henri345que
henri345que

For me Untitled could be easily called Infusion d'Galbanum, but this, obviously, would cause problems with prada. Andrier transports the minimalist, silky style of the Infusion series into the green galbanum land. The accord here seems more like a purified and luminous version of the note, softening the rough bitter edges. It's supported by a cologne-like accord, very citrusy but not sweet, a cream, velvet musk base with some incense edges. Somehow, it's a very distant descendant of the ideas found in Chanel No 19, it only lacks the iris and the roothy aspects. Very beautiful fragrance.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

On first whiff, it smells like freshly cut saplings or branches: very green and acerbic. It's definitely an unusual perfume. After a while the greenery subsides and you get a subtle warmth that's both floral and spicy: like jasmine and incense. I'm not sure that I would like to wear it, but I appreciate how different it is to many richer scents.

lovetribe
lovetribe

different.unique.reaaly a good green and polite scent!!!!

amucha98
amucha98

tried on a test of this while looking for a new perfume and was horrified by the stench of old wet horse stables ... showed it to my sisters and they agreed and now i'm pretty confused by the praise it receives from everybody on here. what the hell???? is this the same perfume because the untitled by maison martin margiela i smelled was decidedly nasty, lol, but to each their own i suppose

ivy818
ivy818

Hilarious...I absolutely get the cigarette butts + peas in the opening, which as another reviewer said, is not necessarily off-putting, but interesting. I absolutely love everything afterwards, but unfortunately this unique fragrance has no longevity on my skin.

nikoleta1

Fresh, unisex, one of my favorits , it is a real hidden treasure, long lasting with a twist.

Cams
Cams

My favourite all season fragrance! Lush, green and with smoky undertones from the incense! Its -7 Celcius today and the fragance its just wonderful. A must-have.

Adrien02
Adrien02

So beautifully made and wonderful to smell. I get a sweet guiac wood so soft and gentle. This scent wafts around my head and I want it to last and last. It is so compelling a scent I find it hard not to like. It reminds me of Black Sea by M. Micallef without the sharpness or Guaic by M. Micallef without the creaminess. This is softer, lighter, almost not there, ethereal. It is inviting, yet aloof, like a dream you have and wake to find it fleeting from your thoughts but with a smile of promise. Habinata, I agree with your Calyx reference. I get that right at the beginning.
Kl99and ginepro: I had to reapply to see if I could get the "green pea" effect. I tried, really I did, but I couldn't quite detect that. Alfarom :), as always, I love your reviews. You really give me perspective. I wished you could 'stand it'.

rzetzm
rzetzm

This is such an amazing fragrance. Anyone living in a warmer climate owes it to their significant others, or themselves to give this a try.

This the most beautiful day, walking through the woods at the most perfect time, it is clean, crisp,and fresh and makes you want to stay outside. The scent, and overall atmosphere, makes you smile and think happy thoughts. Think refined citrus with a pleasant woody. This is what scents are all about!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I'm on the hunt for a green scent and this was among the first that I've tried.
It opens quite bitter and green, a bit like dandelion as another reviewer mentioned. This I didn't like so much. However it begins to settle and starts to move away from this almost acidic opening, getting fresher, lighter. For a little while it smells not so much like a meadow as the seaside by which I mean that great outdoors scent with only a slight hint of bitterness. But the longer it wears the better it gets IMO and so for the most part this smells like...dryer sheets. And I mean that it the best way possible! It's so snuggly and inviting, yet fresh. A light cedar fragrance, but with a full bodied feeling that I don't normally feel in scents this weightless.
Not quite sure how I feel about this one yet, but it's going to be one I keep spraying on when in the department store for a while until I can decide whether I can reconcile that opening with the wonderful dry-down.

cuircordoba
cuircordoba

I agree there's an explosion of fresh green peas when you spray it on, that lasts for about 5 seconds and quickly turns into a dry, bitter green, reminiscing of dandelion stems when you pick them. After a few minutes, the green wears down altogether and what's left is a sweet jasmine with a hint of musk. I can't detect any woody notes from it on my skin at all.

It's been a year and a half since I got to know this scent and I adore it like the first love you never really get over. I love every note and every stage of it and If I could pick a scent to wear day and night for the rest of my life, this would be it. Therefore, it breaks my heart that it's so flighty, it won't last for more than 2-2,5 hours on my skin. But it's alright. I'll just spray on some more.

sparris
sparris

Made the decision to buy this within seconds of spraying it on a test strip-the top notes immediately brought up a memory of a childhood spring picnic from when my grandma was still alive, and tears welled up unbidden right there in the shop. Had to ask the SA for a tissue to dry my eyes but I was so moved it was hard to talk...

Yummy opening aside I really liked the green-ness and pea sprout character and despite it not being very strong or lasting on me I love it all the same.

edit: It really does last quite a while on me but I suspect I'm slightly anosmic to certain aspects of it, and the first 5-15 mins I can barely detect it at all, but it grows and I catch whiffs of it up to nine hours after applying.

Shorokh
Shorokh

Thanks God, I`ve got this perfume!
On me it opens with a very strong artemisia, very bitter orange, lively green notes, and some tobacco and leather. It remains like this for 2 or 3 hours, and then... it suddenly bursts with an incredible bouquet of white flowers like jasmine, magnolia, orange blossom and others. Unbelievable, but there is a full bouquet on me))) The dry down is musky fruity citrusy, very enigmatic and sexy.
My female boss 69 years old sniffed my whrist 3 times in 3 minutes and said: It`s so unusual, man! Then she added: I want to sniff it again and again!!
I totally agree with her. And it stays on my skin for hours!!! Definitely nice scent. And I must confess to you guys that it works like an aphrodisiac for me! :-)

ginepro
ginepro

To me this smells like...green peas! And that is all good if you like green peas. Quite an original scent in my opinion, fresh, lively and alert. Very green-ish.

Yamba1
Yamba1

You know the phenomenon called the 'mall effect' where people are lured in by the beautiful top notes and then live to regret the dry down after purchase?
Well, I think that Untitled suffers the opposite effect. For some, the harsh green opening is repelling, and people move on, particularly if just sniffing on a paper strip.

For me, the unusual opening is what keeps drawing me back to this unique perfume. Yes, it is confronting for the unsuspecting, however it is so unusual that it keeps me intrigued. As others have described, the opening is all about green: mint and peas on me, with a hint of bitterness that gives it a fresh but full bodied feel. It then progresses to reveal the jasmine, incense and musk that lingers for several hours. The floral musk combo is half super-sexy, half summer-fresh. Weird, but it works!

Personally, I would wear this on hot summer days when I wanted something with a bit of grunt, and sexy with a small 's'.

This may end up in my collection soon....

kl99
kl99

A can of peas.
Really, same smell.
I had lots of hopes on this. All gone in peas!

Rest in Peas.

Mary.Time
Mary.Time

Love at first whiff? Not really... The first time I sprayed this one on my wrist, I thought: "I don't think so", it was too sharp and overwhelming. But I think we can all think of a perfume that wouldn't take a no for an answer, and just happened to grow on us :)

After a bad first impression, I gave (untitled) another try, and it was a whole different story. On my skin it smells like a delicate jasmin tea (the way I wish Bvlgari's Jasmin Noir would smell). The green accords seem to fade after a few minutes and all I can smell is the woodsy jasmine notes with a hint of incense and musk.

rickylai
rickylai

Chanel No 19 plus Prada Infusion d'iris equals to Untitled! :-)

evilspin
evilspin

Oh the poor people who knock this down or are not as open minded or negatively review this gem. This is an amazing fragrance. Yes I see how people can be put off at first spray because it is such a strong unexpected smell. But if your minds were not so closed you can see the beauty in this fragrance. First off you have to let the scent develop, with time the fragrance grows from green and musky strong to warm, woody and balmy. Second, this smell does not smell the same as how people smell you. Upon people having the chance to smell the air as you pass by them it smells luxurious and masculine balmy. If you just spray yourself and smell the fragrance and judge it from there all your gonna get is pungent, green and strong chalky complex smell. Let it marinate and you well get the compliments from the ladies who love masculine, luxurious and elgantly green.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Well, I had to pass this one. On my skin it gave only the green, citric notes and stopped evolving. I was been giving it several chances, but it stayed allways far too green, far too dry for my taste. I returned it away without regrets. If I want something similar, I'd rather buy Chanel's Cristalle or No 19.

Market ca
Market ca

This is the most unusual fragrance I've ever smelt. It's very complex and what I get is a masked dance in old New Orleans. I am just an average woman, so this is not for me.

talnyc
talnyc

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this scent. I have the body lotion and the shower gel. They are so amazing. The shower gel leaves the bathroom smelling so wonderful. I think this is the perfect summer scent for those hot, muggy, humid days in the City (NYC). It is so clean, but it it dries down to this wonderful musky floral. My whole office loves this scent on me and they all went to buy it as well.

The lotion is so nice and leaves your skin feeling soft and shiny. It is a great base layer for the fragrance.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I like it. The begining is very intriguing: smokey, fresh pine, then it goes rose and something milky, then the drydown- something remind me 2 perfumes: old Climat and Le Labo Vetiver.

Attar
Attar

One sniff and eternal friendship along with admiration and addiction of mine. Margiela, U stole my heart and my nose in addition.
Frankly speaking, I've been searching for clean fresh woody sweet and at the same time strict (not brutal or severe) scent for a long time. Finally i've found smth very close to what i wanted. My gratitude to Untitled and its Creator. It's really something new and unusual for me. Fresh, stylish, remarkable. Worth buying

ScentMe
ScentMe

To me, this is Infusion d'Iris with Opium incense. The mix of those give you (untitled). I love it!

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I really like sharp green scents and this one did not disappoint. It's almost as if it's two different scents, though. The dry down leaves all sharp green behind and remains a subtle floral musk.

Carles
Carles

Tried it for the first time today. Thought it would be unique and I'd be blown away.
My first reaction: smells cocoa. Not at all what I expected. No "green" scents. The drydown smelled like a perfume I've tried earlier but can't say which perfume (Mugler, Prada?). Not impressed at all, but maybe I'll give it another try. In fashion Margiela is/used to be new, different and refreshing, unfortunately I can't smell that...

maltatude
maltatude

On me it smells really smokey... a little green, then it dries down into a rosey jasmine musk...

Note 27/9/12: It's packed to the rafters with Virginian Cedar <3 this fragrance so much.

SCJS
SCJS

I did not like the opening at all; I found it way too green - the smell was sharp, yet light, and not pleasant at all. However, half an hour later the soft musk and the stunningly beautiful Virginia cedar took over. Suddenly, the green notes did not disturb me anymore. The sad part is that at this time, half an hour after application, the fragrance had already become very soft and quiet. The scent did not develop a lot after this point.

To me, this is a quite expected release. It's no surprise that Maison Martin Margiela decide to call their fragrance "untitled", or that the bottle is far more interesting and beautiful than the actual fragrance. However, I don't even find Maison Martin Margiela successful in their ambition to create the semi-arty, strange and interesting fragrance that i suspect they wanted, in order to strengthen their image.

Nose Daniela Andrier have never created anything that has appealed to me (I find the Prada fragrances way too soapy and boring). Untitled is the best one I've smelt from Daniela Andrier, but it's still not a scent that I would consider buying (if it wasn't on sale). Longevity is really poor on me, and the sillage is impressing during the opening but unfortunately the opening is rather unpleasant.

Mimmi
Mimmi

Upliftingly green and fresh in the opening, then sweetness from cedar and jasmine adds a creamier bittersweet texture.
The bittersweet orange is a crucial but not dominating note, and it is interestingly balanced by a light touch of incense.
This EdP develops into a creamier, more floral and sweet scent.
I have given "untitled" a couple of wearings, and I like it more and more. A wearable modern green with enough facets to be interesting through a days wearing. On my skin: some sillage, very good longetivity.

Aroussa
Aroussa

untitled, in its technical execution, is certainly an accomplished marvel in fragrances, consisting of three well defined levels of transformation:
Phase 1: it starts off with a very unisex, bitter opening - I rememner thinking it would be nice if my boyfriend smelled like that.
Phase 2: Twenty minutes later, it transforms into a more feminite-smelling green floral - I could stand it better than Phase 1 - but nothing special.
And finally, Phase 3, which, on me, became almost sickly sweet, definitely more floral than woody or musky. Perhaps it was the remainder of the jasmin mingled with the musk?
Consclsion: You really have to enjoy all three Phases of this fragrance before you spend your good money on it.

minimalist
minimalist

After a dramatic galbanum first impression, it mellows off nicely into a drier "Thierry Mugler Cologne". Not bad at all, it has many faces..sometimes arid and green, sometimes slightly sweet & creamy. I tnink I'll get me a bottle of this naughty perfume soon: It's there calling me...

puddley
puddley

I received a sample of this in Selfridges. I wasn't enamoured by it but I don't want to pass it on/throw it away. Something about it is interesting but just not quite interesting enough.
I think, given a very hot day, there is some charm in it's green qualities as it has a refreshing effect similar to other cologne style fragrances. However, I couldn't imagine wearing it when I want to evoke emotion of any kind. a handy sample vial is worth keeping for muggy train journeys but I won't give it shelf space. Like but not love.

The first impression is really green and grassy and I thought that people who like the scent "Calyx" might like it. It's not for me though, because I don't like greens. Then there comes out a more yummy note, probably the incense. It's not an uninteresting scent, but too much on the green side for me.

antonpan
antonpan

This fragrance is not a copy of irisy Prada Infusion d'Iris and even not similar to it. Untitled is very "green" floral fragrance - it starts reminding of Chanel No 19, than becomes fresher and more modern, maybe in the style of some Hermes' scents. Untitled is a perfume for mature ladies - not for men and not for young ladies.

suavecita
suavecita

MEH, I don't see why this is getting such goot reviews? It smells like your average unisex scent, and has very poor lasting power.

shoreshells
shoreshells

Finally; a fragrance with incense, smokey, sexy that I don't have to special order from Lucky Scent!

Bentley

Any one please can tell me How i can buy the perfun

iam in dubai

I want to buy this perfum (untitled) Maison Martin Margiela for women and men
How i can get it

I want to buy this perfum (untitled) Maison Martin Margiela for women and men
How i can get it ??????????????????????

I was expecting so much from Untitled as Martin Margiela is one of my favourite fashion brands of all time. Unfortunately this is just an ok fragrance with a no more than resonable projection and a barely acceptable lasting power. It's an unisex fragrance, even if on my skin it turns to be so gentle and delicate that I can't stand it. Tones of bitter orange and green notes, a bit of incese and that's all I got. It's quite pleasant, actually, but nothing special. Really!

Rating: 6.5/10

hapa
hapa

This is a fragrance that is so contradictory but that might be what makes it so compelling. There is citrus but it isn't fresh or invigorating. There is warmth and sexiness but nothing cloying or overt. I'd be confused if the musk, cedar, incense and boxwood weren't keeping me so intrigued! This is not light or sweet or floral. It is deep, compelling and dark. It is a fragrance that is complicated and serious with the slightest bit of mischief. (At times I swear I smell plaster but I think that is of the room I have been transported into where everything is almost as perfect as this fragrance.)

My review is only capable of describing how I feel: I lack the ability to do this fragrance justice with my words. This must be tried to be appreciated.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Peculiar, I just bought this, sometimes it smells very green and very bitter of petitgrain and boxwood, and at other times smells very soft and sweet and like Lily. I like it very much, I would like it to resolve its character though. :)

Edit: hmmm well it's resolved itself into a boring soapy white floral, kinda Lily-of-the-Valley-ish. Which is a million miles from where I imagined it would be. I can't detect the incense or galbanum or bitter orange on my skin really.

I hope this was just an off day :)

I was given it as a gift, and as a longtime Margiela fan, was surprised to find it very boring - not at all sexy. As much as I've tried to like it, it just dosen't gel with me. A shame.

guest_VAM
guest_VAM

I was just at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach with a friend. A lady passed us in the hallway. Immediately we noticed her lovely fragrance. totally unforgetable! She graciously told us it was "Untitled" I am anxiously awaiting my first bottle.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Personally I think this is gorgeous. Andrier has this quite recognizable style with blends that have few distinct facets over sophisticated underlayer - the effect is modern and somehow streamlined - but never boring. The olfactory experience has almost rhytmic vibrance because of these well considered highlights.

Also I prefer (untitled) to Andrier's Prada creations - they are just too prissy to my taste. (untitled) has not that restrained quality. The green notes and bitter orange give almost aggressive, very bitter opening, but the bitterness tames down pretty soon, a very round and mellow jasmine steps forward with fresh woody aromas, incence lingering beautifully around, wrapping the packet. Green notes stay there but they are not in the leading role, they give the scent lush moistness and well considered fresh edge. The experience is quite sensual... ...and the sensual side just goes on when the scent gradually develops to woody-musky basenote.

The animalic side is perfectly balanced on (untitled) - the scent is not skanky - but just enough dirty to stay off from the soapy prissiness. And oh that round and sweet jasmine note - best one I've encountered in a long time!

Florals tend to be difficult on me, but this one goes definitely to my favorites.

This scent is highly reactive to skin chemistry - on my skin the sweet sensual side was accentuated, my friend got out much more bitter, green, almost grassy notes.

Edit. I've had this over a year now - and I have really grown up appreciating the salty-sweet floral-musky-incensy drydown. It's beautiful, like no other - very natural jasmine accord. For some reason this does not last on my wrists too well - but on the neck and on my body I get very good longevity... ...and that heavenly drydown.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Prada infusion irys copy. Nice but I reflect what to create the novelty which already exists on the market - perfumery... ?

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

I must addmit, I have never expirience such thing with auther perfume, so I can not be really obective about this georgeus scent. It was love at first sight. I have never have a perfume, who screems "that is me!". I will try to descripe the smell, but it is really uniqe and hard to do. It is a dry scent, very feminine after a while, green and refreshing. It has a good sillige and longevility. Recommended for warm weather. The boxwood and incense are what make the scent so uniqe. All the notes are really easy to find. This is a must try for everyone. I was a little bit board with the new perfumes this year, but Margiela blew my head away! Bravo!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

This one is really different! Great perfume , I like the incense tone of it and thereafter came the sweet scent of jasmine and the dryoff is so velvety with the woody cedar and musk, my new top5 favourite! I ve already gotten a lot of compliments for this one but would tell none of them the name of this to stay a secret as long as possible.. :)

JUICYbaby
JUICYbaby

for me a great fragnance. After half a year looking for a parfume which fits me I found this one, glorious! I was amazed by the light freshness inside the tone, and after a while, when it soaked up into my skin, the fragnance, as my friend noticed, changed to smell much more feminine, silkier...It was love on a first sight:))

guest_Eva
guest_Eva

guest_Cevoir
guest_Cevoir

not exactly my type, it has a rather interesting but odd smell which I dislike, it is very cool and dry.

winx61
winx61

A dip in the glorious '70 ... Very cool and dry ... unfortunately not very persistent