Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

dislike

coconut
yellow floral
Beach Walk Maison Martin Margiela for women Pictures

The house of Martin Margiela is launching a brand new collection of fragrances called Replica, as an addition to the Replica fashion line. The collection of fragrances consists of three perfumes for women named Flower Market, Beach Walk and Funfair Evening. Each of them triggers a characteristic memory and is accompanied with a cotton label describing its provenance.

Perfumers who were invited to participate in creation of the new collection are Jacques Cavallier and Marie Salamagne. Beach Walk opens with citruses – bergamot and lemon, and develops with pink pepper, ylang-ylang, coconut milk, musk and heliotrope.

The fragrances are poured into classical, simple bottles similar to those in apothecaries, while their outer carton is illustrated with a photograph reflecting the topic of each of the fragrances.

All three perfumes will be available starting from the end of June 2012, as 100 ml eau de toilette.

Musk Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Lemon Pink Pepper Heliotrope Coconut

At The Beach 1966
Vacances Liquide

Beach Walk Fragrance Reviews

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I can't figure out if I like this one or not. First of all, I'm head over heels for Beyond Love by Kilian, but I really can't justify the price. I thought this one might be a great alternative.

It's everything I wanted Bobbi Brown's Beach to be (BBB turns waaaay salty on me, very aldehydic as well). Bond No.9's Fire Island does the same thing, very very soapy, moreso than BB. Is Beach Walk the one? I really hope so...

And yet, there is a deep bruisy sweetness (too much coconut? too much ylang-ylang?) that stops me mid-sniff, almost as if my nose can't handle that much sweet. I'm anosmic to musk, maybe the musk balances it out but since I can't smell it, the perfume seems not quite right? Or maybe I haven't given it a proper chance to shine, like outside of the store where I'm not surrounded by so many bottled sugar cubes like Viva La Juicy (ick!).

Beach Walk, please be the one. I love your longevity, I adore your bottle, I love your notes, you seem perfect! I will edit tomorrow to let you know how this almost-love-affair plays out.

EDIT: I am so thrilled to announce that I finally own this one. I live in Arizona, so the heat keeps me from being able to wear the heavy orientals I so adore. But I don't like floral scents, not a huge fan of aquatics, and citrus smells nice, but disappears faster than water. This is a perfect vacation of a perfume.

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

This smells exactly the way "Beach" used to smell when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Coconut-ish suntan lotion (yes, suntan not sunscreen), salt water and sand. Therefore I only wear it when I'm going to the beach. It kind of lets me blend in with the environment but also somehow manages to make me stand out by smelling hyper real.
I love this scent but it is not appropriate for any other place but the beach.

A true beach scent. Warm skin, saltwater on your skin mixed with flowers and soft coconut in sunshine.thats what I think of when I close my eyes and smell beach walk. Perfect scent for warm weather.

Äkta stranddoft. Varm hud, saltvatten på din hud blandat med blomnoter och mjuk kokos i solsken. Det är bilden jag får när jag sluter ögonen och känner denna doften. Perfekt doft för varmt väder.

chandon
chandon

This perfume is a perfect scent by margiela. I loved it on my first whiff and i love it since! Its a unisex scent...not just for women eventhough its marketed as a female fragrance. Very unique and a man could definatly rock it. superbly fresh and smells like coconuts and flowers and some sort of facial powder. Highly recomended to have in a collection! Im a Big Fan!!

Kelle
Kelle

I really like this. Sweet and sexy without being sickly, tropical and cosmopolitan at the same time.

AriannaSR
AriannaSR

Love this. People who live anywhere around central europan beaches will smell home in this fragrance, which is soft, fresh and subtle. Coconut and pink pepper mix well with a delicate floral note, this little gem smells like a beautiful summer breeze.

anna.023
anna.023

It's a really plesant smell on paper, very beachy, salty and fresh. Like a cool sea breeze full of salt. Kind of how your skin smells after a day on the beach.

But on the skin it's a compleatly diffrent story, and not a good one! It's terrible. A strong, piercing and sickening floral aroma starts imediatley. I can't realise how I compleatly missed that on paper? I sprayed it on my skin when I was in town with my mother and either of us could stand the strong, metallic, sweet floral scent. I had the feeling that the perfume was litterally screaming on my wrist. This is a serious abuse of florals. Yuck!

Sadley the sillage and the lasting power was great... My stomach not so great.

A uninteresting concoction of sweetish clean musks with a touch of coconut. Too simple, too thin...

rutaj
rutaj

pointless. Coconut with a bit of powder. Neither sultry, nor salty- why wouldn't they call it suntanner? Disappointment from a otherwise creative house, more so as I love their Untitled.

alli8769
alli8769

Replica of Estée Lauder's "Beyond Paradise", the drydown reminds me somewhat of a coconut à la "Bronze Goddess". Starting off a little harsh, then disappears into nothing particular, almost nothing.

Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela 4.06 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maison Martin Margiela Beach Walk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Maison Martin Margiela Beach Walk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.