Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Or des Indes Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier for women

Or des Indes Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier for women
dislike

Inspired by luxurious palaces of Indian maharajas, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier created Or des Indes as a part of the L'Invitation au Voyage collection.

Shining citruses evoke precious metal splinters, while colored silks and balms reflect the wealth and opulence of this Indian Princes. Notes: bergamot, opoppanax, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, geranium and lavender.

It is available in 100 and 200 ml bottles, as well as 500 ml refills. Or des Indes was launched in 1988. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Millet Lage.

Bergamot Opoponax Sandalwood Amber Vanille Geranium Lavender

Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009
Ambre

Or des Indes Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

Delightfully retro and old-school, but fresh enough that it doesn't smell aged, and only the teensiest bit aldehydic. Also not NEARLY as powdery as I personally prefer my opoponax.

It smells like many of the vintage perfumes I've smelled over the years, minus the unfortunate deteriorated nitromusks. Probably very close to mainstream vintages when they were fresh. The ones with nitromusk just weren't stable. I find it closer to (vintage) Je Reviens than (vintage) Shalimar, personally.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes the profile of vintage perfumes but is put off by that "certain off-putting something" that their long bottling seems to have incubated.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Uno Shalimar meno vanigliato.
Il profumo di un piccolo bouquet di fiori di lavanda e iris rinfrescato da bergamotto e da un velo di vaniglia.
Ha una delicatezza e leggerezza antica, provenzale-vintage.
Gradualmente, gli unici protagonisti diventano lavanda e bergamotto, che si alternano in una specie di minuetto aromatico.
Il profumo ha un'eleganza semplice, poco sofisticata.
Nessuna opulenza dorata. Solo la freschezza di un campo di lavanda sotto un cielo azzurro terso.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This scent is beautiful and draws comparisons with several of the older Guerlain's, when wearing this I do get glimpses of an almost L'Heure Bleue like aroma, at other times in closer confines a hint of Mitsouko may be glimsped, other draw comparisons with Shalimar. I also see a hint of Penhaligons Cornubia in this, maybe even a smidgen of Moschino Moschino or where the oppoponax and resins meet powdery femininity.

So yes, the scent itself is delightful. But. Longevity of this scent is abysmal, possibly the worst longevity I have ever encountered and this purports to be an EDP! I bought a bottle for a decent price from a clearance sale because it had sounded interesting when I looked on here and the smell seemed pleasant. But literally, within about an hour the smell is gone, completely. Not a trace remains, even on clothing or hair. And this to me is an extreme disappointment especially with the price point this sits at. I mean yes the scent is very lovely but for it to only laugh an hour is beyond a joke. I suppose it is lucky the bottles come in 100ml size as you'd burn through this otherwise.

All in all the scent itself is beautiful and it projects like mad for the whole hour it actually lasts, so for that 60 minutes you will waft around in a breeze of beautiful scent and then it is gone. I have been trying different layering combinations now in an effort to get this to stick around long enough to enjoy its beauty.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

On my skin, this is hardly an oriental. It opens with an interesting note, a bit dry, a bit lightly spicy, and a bit metallic...but as it develops, it seems like a lightly sweet powdery note takes over completely. It has excellent longevity, and is almost a skin scent, but the overall impression on my skin was a light powdery fragrance.

Henriette
Henriette

Yes, it's indeed a younger sister of L'Heure Bleue but different in many ways. I can detect a note of smoke (or at least this is how it develops on my skin) and a faint trail of leather, both of which I cannot find in Guerlain's masterpiece. Instead these remind me of Habanita, a tamed Habanita more of a college girl than a navigated lady.
It is certainly a perfume made with artistry and with the clear intention of offering a good creation with very good lasting power, this last has reduced in the recent versions of L'Heure Bleue. If you like the genre, you should try L'Or des Indes, I am a long term Guerlain's devotee and I find no heresy in loving this MPG perfume too.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Or Des Indes by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier opens with a puff of aldehydes and powdery notes and immediately reminds me of Ombre Rose L'Original by Jean Charles Brosseau. Like OR, ODI has a vintage makeup bag vibe and eventually evolves into powdery resins and soft honeyed woods. Touches of lavender, iris, and rose serve to round out this composition. I definitely categorize ODI as a fragrance that smells like vintage makeup and powdered resins; for example, Drole de Rose, L'Heure Bleue, and Chantilly can be considered as sister fragrances. Did I mention that ODI is powdery? :)

PS--Although there is a subtle soft leather vibe hiding under all the powder, ODI is miles away from smelling like Mitsouko, especially considering that ODI is lacking oak moss, patchouli and peach.

meama
meama

147) Nostalgia for ever
Some fragrances are timeless, and impossible to date. L'Or des Indes could also be a creation of the years 20, 50, or a recent launch of a brand new niche. It dates from the late 80s and the offset from is period makes it almost even more attractive.
I love perfumes in which we can be projected, and here is a music room decorated with wood paneling and dark and thick fabrics, the blond polished parquet, and this peculiar smell of old piano, both wooded a little dusty and resinous.
If lavender and geranium, stealth, making neat and nostalgic at the start, the result is largely under the sign of balms, especially opoponax a resin that delivers powerful leathery and waxy smell. The allusion to Guerlinesque universe is also amplified by a spicy and honeyed cloud of powder, which can evoke L'Heure Bleue. This vanilla talcum aspect recall an old rice powder.
Cottony and cozy softness, this Indian Gold does nothing flashy, he would rather have the discreet charm of nostalgia.

OlaVS73
OlaVS73

If you are bored with candy-like, fruity and girly scents and are looking for something more mature and sophisticated, you should try this one. Or des Indes is not only interesting, but beautiful as well. It does smell a bit metallic (like gold?...), a bit like hot sand or soil, a bit salty, but is still pleasant and soft. OdI reminds me also of such masterpieces as Caron Parfum Sacre (rose+incense), Chanel Bois des Iles (that salty-leatherly accord...), L'Heure Bleue or Mitsouko, but I personally like it more than any of them. I just can't take my nose off it...

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

To me, this smells a bit like L'heure Blue but also a bit like Chanel's no5 or better yet, bois iles. Very soft, romantic, nostalgic, calming.... as it dries down it just becomes softer until very faint, lasts more than 8 hours.. possibly a full day. has the dryness from the iris and amber of L'huere Blue and the ylang/ginger of bois iles.

Really magnificent. proud to add to my collection

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

My immediate impression was of a scent similar to the sticky yellow substance on fly paper. The paper traditionally comes in rolls that spool out and was hung from the ceiling during the summer by my grandmother. Printer's ink is another close description. I immediately disliked this. I would recommend this for a man...probably because of what I detect as an "aftershave" type quality of this particular bergamot note.

Lovely. I get faint rose incense and printer's ink first on, then drying down to a lovely layered scent of faint clean lavender, green florals and soft musky base. There's a sense of powdery opoponax in the base that warms and smooths this scent into something gently lovely. Really like this one.

Or des Indes by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier 3.97 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Or des Indes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Or des Indes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Or des Indes by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Or des Indes by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.