Designers » M » Woody « Groups

Parfum d’Habit Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier for men

Parfum d’Habit Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier for men

With Parfum d’Habit from the collection Les Caprices du Dandy, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier creates on a patchouli and vetiver heart, softened with sandalwood. A modest and refined leathery note gives Parfum d’Habit a special character.

It is available in 100 ml bottles, as well as 500 ml refills. Parfum d’Habit was launched in 1988. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Millet Lage.

Petitgrain Bergamot Black Currant

Geranium Patchouli Incense Leather

Sandalwood Amber Vanille

Parfum d’Habit Fragrance Reviews

I just bought this juice yesterday after trying it several times. It has a very dirty oily leathery aroma..supported by sandalwood and smokey/ spicy notes. A VERY masculine retro 80's handlebars moustache frag. This fragrance isn't your typical run of mill fragrance...a wild beast considering it's a edt. Amber calms it giving it depth and a warm vib.
Longevity and Silage excellent lasting over 8hrs.
I wasn't sure if I would appreciate the quality of this juice..after several times and letting the aroma settles I found myself smelling my wrist more and more. This fragrance has a real animalistic quality which would make your partner melt if they enjoy leather. I'm glad I bought this fragrance and would recommend it to those who like a real strong masculine leathery aroma. 8.5/10 very sexy/attractive juice!!

It is difficult for me to review this fragrance because I can barely smell anything after 5 minutes. As with all offerings from this house, the opening is somewhat difficult to smell because it is an odour that doesn't want to be sniffed. What I do get is alright but my heart isn't singing high praises.

The part where I am unable to smell properly due to the mixed notes, I do get a musty mix of bergamot, geranium, vanilla, some leather and sandalwood.

My experience of this was akin to blowing warm breath on a cold window and seeing it slowly disappear within seconds... Too bad because I was really looking forward to wearing it after loving Ambre Preceiux from this house.

It seems drakecito has pointed out something about it being watered down... I think that may be the case here and if it is, it is such a great shame because I do feel it may have been something dark and broody which makes me think that old perfumes can lose their potency especially when they were created in the 1988, no one bought them or knows about them and they are now being sold through different channels.

Ladies and gentleman what we have here is a unique masterpiece. I have never experienced anything similar to Parfum d'Habit. I will say that the scent exudes and projects a disturbing yet elegant atmosphere of contradiction to me.
A very old black leather jacket lightly scented with a woman's makeup and lipstick from years of manly adventure. Leave the jacket deep in the woods and cover it with leaves, branches, damp soil, fresh cut pine needles and sap. Allow the sun's rays to warm up the ingredients for a few years. Love it! Patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, musk and leather are the main players in this hubris inducing formula.
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier is a majestic House and thankfully I have experienced most of their offerings. Don't delay discovering the many gems from this House.

I think that it has been reformulated....
Interesting smell but I was specting more power in it and something more special.
A light leather-wood scent. Interesting opening (not too strong) that quickly fades in a generic and too light and boring dry-down.

Good smell but I suspect it has been watered down.
Sillage and longevity are average.

scent: 6/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 4/10

calyx93's review is really close to what I was gonna say. Parfum d'Habit, to me, smells like a leather couch that's been sitting in the middle of the woods for a while. A little bit musty, but overall no frills or thrills.

This one opens up with a strong blackberry note mixed with greens followed by a dirty earthy patchouli accord. After a while a very strong incense/pine note seems to dominate the heart of the composition. When this starts to fade I can smell a subdued leather note. In the basenotes the woods start to make their presence known moore.

This fragrance opens very loud and projects like crazy. It is a very outdoorsy and forestry earthy green scent. I do not like the incense/pine note as it is really overwhelming for the first forty or so minutes.

The strange thing I found with this scent is it is really loud and overwhelming for the first forty minutes or so then it dramatically becomes more of a skin scent.

The drydown is quite boring compared to the opening. Not a bad scent just not too my taste.

Parfum D'Habit's extremely compelling opening has a quite distinctive "lived-in" leather note joined by pronounced earthy undertones and laying on a masterfully refined musk /sandalwood base. The coniferous (Pine?) presence adds a mysterious extra touch of extreme charme. A well balanced and highly recommended "kinda rough" fragrance.

To be completely honest I found the drydown to be slightly more conventional if compared to the outstanding opening but this may be due to the fact that I'm smelling the reformulated version. I've heard the vintage was way more unpolite and unconventional and I'll do everything is possible to put my hands on it. That being said, this is still one of those compositions you encounter every once in a blue moon...

Extremely solid, masterfully crafted and miles ahead from today's anonymous scents. Because of its unapologetic character, this is probably not a fragrance for everybody. Me? A personal favorite, just like my old leather jacket I used to wear to go to punk/hardcore gigs.

Rating: 9.5/10

Bitter masculine tears. Special.

Parfum d'Habit ....
I thought it would be similar to
"Habit Rouge".
perhaps because of the name ..or perhaps because of the use of Red in the bottle.
Oh, how wrong I am....
I love Habit Rouge by Guerlain
a classic fragrance
Audacious and Straightforward
by its use of Vanilla in its spicy complex mix of notes....for men.
however.....alot of people consider it a bit old fashion and formal.

Parfum d'Habit is
Modern in it simplistic use of a few fragrance notes...
"Leather-centric" ,Warm, Casual,
Not overpowering,but with character,
for a certain man of presence with charisma.

It balances its Wood notes with its Leather ones in a perfect interplay.
Neither one overpowers the other...

Add this fragrance to your Want List
I did.!

Lovely, just lovely. The smell of well-worn leathers that have been exposed repeatedly to the deep woods and all the green and brown earthiness contained within. I imagine this is what Robin Hood's breeches must have smelt like - ripe, seasoned and utterly swoon-worthy.

Parfum d’Habit by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier 4.48 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d’Habit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d’Habit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parfum d’Habit by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parfum d’Habit by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.