Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Aoud Black Candy Mancera for women and men

Aoud Black Candy Mancera for women and men
dislike

Aoud Black Candy by Mancera is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Aoud Black Candy was launched in 2012. Top notes are licorice and mint; middle notes are amber and rose; base notes are sweet notes and white musk.

Licorice Mint

Amber Rose

Sweet Notes White Musk

Aoud Black Candy Fragrance Reviews

Steleale

My second review: the licorice is very prominent at the beginning and half an hour later it becomes softer. The frag is very interesting, unique, sweet, woody and i detect a soapy note on my skin...supreme scent, but IMO is more appreciable in winter time.

Steleale

Could someone please let me know why is it called 'Aoud' Black Candy? There is no aoud mentioned in the ingredients list...please answer to me!
The scent is gorgeous: sweet, woody and spicy at the same time, no cloying, very very interesting. I like it at all on my wish list.

ChanelGrifsha
ChanelGrifsha

I just bought this perfume and i have to admit it was "love with the first smell" :). It's exactly as i like perfumes strong, woody and discrete.
It remembers me my great mother, she used to put the yellow flowers in her closet and i think it has yellow flowers in this fragrance.
Licorice mixed with white musk rose and amber inside make it very special.
I would strongly recommend this fragrance to everyone who likes strong and long lasting perfumes.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Should have been called ROSE Candy. I have to admit Aoud Black Candy opens with a very nice, true, black licorice note. I think blending rose and licorice together is an interesting idea, and the rose is quite prominent, all the way through the drydown. The top notes are wonderful, the base notes are tolerable, but the heart of it, that rose-amber accord, is a deal-breaker. I don’t like rose, and I really don't care for amber. Replacing the amber with cocoa (not chocolate, but cocoa, as in the original Dior Homme), might have saved this fragrance, enhancing both the rose and the licorice. But as it is, thumbs down.

daisyM
daisyM

The notes, from Mancera site:
HEAD NOTES

Sparkling Grapefruit & Bergamot, Breath of Spices.

HEART NOTES

Leaves of Patchouly, Floral & Amber Notes.

BASE NOTES

Vetyver, Sensual White Musk, Precious Sandalwood & Cedarwood.

Definitely no mint, and licorice is not explicitely mentioned.

Redpula
Redpula

What made this stands out is how licorice, rose, mint, amber, musk and vanilla were blended not to be too sweet and powdery while enjoying an above average projection, longevity with added creamy feel to it. A perfect cold weather wearing, a really good smell with max 3 sprays. The only negative side on me is to never wear more than a spray when travelling as it add more agony to my motion sickness ailment.

Cochlea
Cochlea

I was inspired by Lolita Lempicka to look for more of the licorice/anise note in perfumes. I would not say that it is gourmand scent, the sweetness and spiciness is well balanced here in my opinion. It is a very nice adult gourmand scent. The licorice, rose and amber was what attracted me to Black Candy.
The first spray on my skin was very fresh, green and medicinal then it calmed down a little bit. I sense oud, I think its a fantasy accord. After a period of time I sensed the rose, the rose is beautiful and creamy with warm amber.
The name is not misleading, on my skin I get the oud. The sillage and longevity are both very good! Black Candy is a very nice scent.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Particular scent with reminiscent of liquorice. I do not know if I can wear it but I think I'd much about others.

miaou
miaou

My husband said: WOW, WHAT A GREAT FRAGRANCE! (that's a super-duper men's compliment cause i own and wear over 100 fragrances and usually he doesn't care). This fragrance doesn't feel oud-y, but it definitely has some undescribable oriental notes, and i don't feel liquorice also (oud and liquorice were the two things i wanted to find so much in this fragrance - that's a pity). The strange thing also is that i feel some subtle soapiness here, like in chloe-type mainstream rosy fragrances, which i don't like. Anyway, this is very interesting, but not bottleworthy for me.
p.s. This fragrance reminds me of the smell in some shoe stores - clean, sweet, and a little plasticky.

missdior1972
missdior1972

Gorgeous scent, I always get loads of compliments when I wear it. It's not quite as strong as some of the other Mancera scents, as I have to reapply throughout the day but I still love it.

harlemmal
harlemmal

Very pleasant scent. Smells like bond's Harrods Patcholli oud

Aoud Black Candy by Mancera 3.69 out of 5 based on 37 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mancera Aoud Black Candy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mancera Aoud Black Candy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Black Candy by Mancera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Black Candy by Mancera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.