Designers » M » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Route Mandarine Manuel Canovas for women

Route Mandarine Manuel Canovas for women
dislike

cinnamon

Route Mandarine by Manuel Canovas is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Route Mandarine was launched in 2007. Top notes are egyptian pelargonium, madagascar ylang-ylang, ceylon cinnamon, orange, madagascar cloves, lemon, bergamot and italian mandarin; middle notes are patchouli, orange blossom, tahitian vetiver, sandalwood, lily-of-the-valley, bulgarian rose and egyptian jasmine; base notes are amber, incense, white musk, madagascar vanilla and spanish labdanum.

Egyptian Pelargonium Madagascar Ylang-Ylang Ceylon Cinnamon Orange Madagascar Cloves Lemon Bergamot Italian Mandarin

Patchouli Orange Blossom Tahitian Vetiver Sandalwood Lily-of-the-Valley Bulgarian Rose Egyptian Jasmine

Amber Incense White Musk Madagascar Vanilla Spanish Labdanum

Route Mandarine Fragrance Reviews

mapache
mapache

Firstly, I can see how this could be put in the same vein as Kenzo Jungle Elephant....but....Kenzo JE, was an instant DISLIKE for me....a scrubber. Route Mandarine shares a lot of the same notes, but something smooths everything out, compared to Kenzo JE. Route Mandarine is for sure a scent you must let develop on your skin and with your chemistry. Patience. I am enjoying this scent journey so far. I also "get" the Coco reference, but not clones at all. The same vein, well, yes,maybe. I get more "retro" vibe from this, and btw....NOT...."old-lady"....lol. For $9.99 at TJ Maxx, it is worth the purchase, IMHO. And also, the clove and cinnamon are not as heavy-overwhelming in this, like in Kenzo JE. In the Kenzo JE, all I got in the first minutes was "red hots candies"....then the dry-down was cloying. This one is way smoother. 7.5/10 rating.
P.S.....Longevity/sillage is great.

Old Herbaceous
Old Herbaceous

My experience is much like Xango's, below, except I got this for $9.99 at Marshall's! I applied it at 9 a.m. and I can still smell the base notes on my wrist 13 hours later. And very pleasant they are, too -- mostly the amber, incense and vanilla. For the first hour or so, this smells like a very nice, fresh orange pomade, the kind we used to make as children by piercing a fresh orange all over with whole cloves. Slowly the orange notes fade but the cloves remain, softened by the emergence of florals. On my skin, those were mostly the orange blossom and jasmine. No LOTV that I could detect and very little rose. I did get the sandalwood but not really the patchouli. The base notes are warm and comfortable. This is a very nice, warm fragrance for fall -- spicy but still light. And at this price, I'm happy to spritz! But not too much, as this one carries and lasts.

Jez
Jez

Based on the reviews, I was expecting this to be lovely and warm and soft, a bit exotic, with some citrus... However, there is a VERY unpleasant (dank and dry at the same time) note that hits me right at the forefront. It must be the combo of cloves and patchouli that does not agree with me, because I could not tolerate this.

nhledger

I've already reviewed this, I know sorry, but I'm doing a side-by-side test with Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant and Salvador Dali Parfum today, as IMO they're all in the same vein. Would compare with Coco as well if I had her!

I love all of these fragrances, but I have to say AGAIN, that this one is really truly gorgeous and stands out, apart and above the other 2 I tested here. While it may smell similar to others perhaps, really I think Route Mandarine is a unique fragrance. It's still powerful but is definitely more gentle, slightly more restrained, than KJE and SD. It is warm and spicy but not in the way that KJE is like breathing in a big jar of fresh spices! It's more luscious than KJE, not so dry. Nor is it as "perfume-y" and sweet as Salvador Dali, although there are distinct similarities. RM manages to maintain that citrus-y-orange aroma throughout, which I think helps it to evolve into a less heavy, albeit still quite heady, scent. There is an air about it that evokes something of the West Indies or Goa in southern India for me.

I've no doubt said it before but I'll say it again - Route Mandarine is IMO a hidden classic, an absolute gem that has somehow managed to fly under the radar.

In my previous review I stated that Route Mandarine is good enough to rub shoulders with the likes of Opium and Youth Dew, and I stand by that, and I would include other classics, too. I'm sure if it were sitting on a department store counter near to Coco, it would not be overlooked!

celebrity89
celebrity89

A mid-century throwback, way too rich for public use. If you like Desirade, you'll probably appreciate this one. Although they are slightly different, they are both in the retro categry. I know it's cliche to say a fragrance could be used for bathroom spray, but this seriously fits the bill. Works well as a rug spray or potpourri refresher. Mine is a yellow/amber color, unlike the violety product shot. Why, oh why didn't I notice the main note is clove. It's so true.

All in all this is that ancient, powdery scent that elderly women wear at the store or on public transportation, when they refuse to change with the times.

Unfortunately, this is way more Madame Rochas than Coco, which I like.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

This is gorgeous if you are a COCO lover. Its beautiful, done in a similar vein, updated, big sillage and nothing comes off as synthetic. Orange and spices..warmth for an autumn day. Not as heavy as the classic orientals like Opium or Cinnabar, but not a lightweight either. Nice balsamic presence.Great buy for a 3.3oz bottle and golden liquid.

nhledger

Just wanted to ask does anybody else have a bottle of Route Mandarin with clear liquid in it, like pictured above? Mine is a brown liquid. I'd have thought it would be brown with those notes in it but wanted to check. Thanks

Xango
Xango

For $9.99 at TJ Maxx, I feel pretty good about this scent. It *smells* very high quality - someone mentioned Coco and there's definitely something reminiscent about it in Route Mandarine. There's also a hint of orange + clove pomander smell, which is oddly comforting and reminds me of the holidays, so definitely save this one for a cold day.

Caution: there is heavy, heavy sillage on this one so spray lightly - less is more!

Edit: first time wearing this to work. I went easy on the spray, and it lasted from 7 am to 8 pm, and it's only just now become skin-scent. WOW!

nhledger

This is gorgeous. The initial spray reveals a hit of spicy citrus, quite potent. Not long afterwards though this heady blast warms up and the potency mellows a little. Then it begins to sweeten slightly, the jasmine and perhaps the orange blossom coming through, still mingling with the spices. It is reminiscent of a Christmas smell but in a more sophisticated and elegant way. Less Christmas pudding and more warmed spices by the fireplace. Gradually the vanilla amber scent emerges, with the sandalwood, still mingling beautifully with the spices, and then the incense starts to come out to the front, more sweetly than smokey, and this lovely fragrance continues to sweeten softly...and on it goes.

This is a beautiful, warm, rich, quite complex and almost nostalgic scent. I adore rich spicy oriental scents and I'm also quite partial to orange accords, so I was fully expecting to fall for this blind buy. Route Mandarine is certainly good enough to rub shoulders with the likes of Opium and Youth Dew IMO, both of which I love, but is probably a little softer, more mellow than those two powerhouses.

Spicy, sweet, delicious. I love it.

MattChartier
MattChartier

This smells quite reminiscent of vintage Chanel Coco EdT, but lighter - perfect for summer. If you see this at TJ Maxx like I did, and you like Coco, buy it. You will be so pleased!

pattyk
pattyk

Another blind buy. WooooHoooo! It is awesome and I love it! It is put together so darn well that I just couldn't believe it when I spayed it on. Stayed with me all day. Keep getting whiffs of myself and thinking, nice! I wish I could tell you each aroma that goes into this beautifully done scent but I can't. It's just one of the best put together fragrances I've EVER had the pleasure of buying and trying. It smells fresh but yet a bit floral and soft musky vanilla in the background. It's just so well rounded and grounded. Maybe I can update you as time goes by after wearing it EVERY DAY!

Cereza
Cereza

"Route Mandarine" is a very high quality fragrance. It did not come off as very citrusy, it more had an oriental vibe on my skin.

The opening is gorgeous incensy rose - full, opulent and very complex. I got bits of orange, bits of jasmine and warm cinnamon accompanying the rose-incense combo. When it goes closer to drydown the whole composition turns more to what it's called - Route Mandarine - I get soapy natural smelling orange filled drydown and it keeps going strong on my skin for more than 8 hours.

Impressing quality, worth a try.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Manuel Canovas Route Mandarine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Manuel Canovas Route Mandarine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Route Mandarine by Manuel Canovas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Route Mandarine by Manuel Canovas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.