Designers » M » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Ecko by Marc Ecko Marc Ecko for men

Ecko by Marc Ecko Marc Ecko for men
dislike

herbal
Ecko by Marc Ecko Marc Ecko for men Pictures Ecko by Marc Ecko Marc Ecko for men Pictures Ecko by Marc Ecko Marc Ecko for men Pictures

Marc Ecko is introducing his first fragrance named Ecko by Marc Ecko under license of the house of Parlux. The edition will be available from October 2009 in several larger stores.

Fragrance Ecko by Marc Ecko was created by two perfumers, Vincent Kuczinski and Lois Evans, from Ungerer & Co Company, in cooperation with Marc. The fragrance is announced as an aromatic-fougere, with top notes of ginger, white grapefruit, luminous accords and very citrusy accords in the opening. A heart introduces violet leaves, wild artemisia and black liquorice, while base notes carry a combination of static accords of tonka, white incense and energetic musky nuances.

Marc Ecko says that he has always wanted to create a fragrance appropriate for daily wear. “I wanted it to be like a stimulant — almost caffeinated. I wanted it to be clean and bright, but something that wasn’t so clean and soapy that it wasn’t sexy. And it was important to me that it has a semi-unisex vibe.”

The fragrance arrives as 50ml ($55) and 100ml ($65) EDT, along with 75ml deo spray.

Ginger Grapefruit Citruses

Artemisia Violet Leaf Licorice

Musk Incense Tonka Bean

Ecko by Marc Ecko Fragrance Reviews

gfelton505
gfelton505

Received as a sample from Perfumania at the Mall of 'Murica. An enigma in that it is very, very faint but moderately long lasting. Reminds me of Armania Mania which makes "0" sense by the formulation of each. Maybe it's the citrus opening notes followed by incense like floral sweetness/spice? Starts out strongly citrus and then develops more musk, woody/licorice qualities.

I like it OK, and predict my wife will either not detect it or hate it. Seems suitable to daytime, warm weather use. Not really "formal" but would be fine at the office. Not bad but not very exciting and not much of a value.

I'm not a Marc Ecko fan or anything, and I probably would have never discovered this one on my own were it not for chance: one day, on a whim, I walked into Perfumania just as the clerk was spraying a few samples of various things on cards, labeling them, and leaving them out on the counter. As one of my greatest pleasures in life is sniffing new things, I of course sniffed every darned one of the cards- and this one I couldn't get out my mind (!), and asked for a card of my own to take with me. I spent the next couple of days pulling it out and sniffing... it is really too intriguing... and nothing else out there is quite like it- though 'Uomo?' by Moschino has a similar vibe.

In contrast to other reviewers, I smell bergamot most-strongly at the onset, followed closely by white pepper, coriander seeds, anise, and artemisia. I normally don't care for violet leaf (or orris, for that matter), but here it is at a tasteful, not-too-powdery level. Just right to add a little shimmer. The ozone accord envelopes everything like fresh air, like fresh sheets brought in from hanging out on the line all night. As the drydown continues (and the structure holds together remarkably well!), the base of white musk becomes quite apparent... and I must wonder if some of the people who have reviewed this as having "poor longevity" are simply anosmic to certain musks... because this becomes the strongest note after 5-6 hours, and lasts for DAYS afterward, giving this fragrance an extremely sexy vibe coupled with white olibanum.

So... like Moschino's 'Uomo?', this is a fragrance that masquerades as a sparkling, summer's-day citric-herbal scent- with a bit of an Italian flair to boot- but hidden underneath is a charismatic casanova ready for a sun-down spree... therefore, it is not really a "daytime frag", but more of a "morning-through-the-evening-and-night-until-the-next-morning-by-which-time-it-becomes-a-heavenly-skin-scent frag".

Quite useful.

RobbieX
RobbieX

The bottle is a mess

DJPaulsGimpArm
DJPaulsGimpArm

An absolute chemical mess with a drydown that smells exactly like cat piss. I cannot understand how Marc Ecko allowed his name to be attached to this bottled stink. Coupled with his completely generic and boring UNLTD line, it seems Mr. Ecko just cannot get his fragrance game down. I do hope he tries again, though. Perhaps something to represent his more sophisticated Cut & Sew line. Until then, avoid this like the plague.

caese27

-Continued- put their nose right up against my skin , sillage monsters are what i live for but i respect a cologne with moderate sillage and longevity too but the sad thing is i love the way it smells but wouldnt buy this again if it cost a nickel cause it doesnt last it is a weak cologne too bad cause we coulda made some good memories too

caese27

Bought this blind cause it was 17$ at ross department stores , love the way this smells with a citrus/fresh and clean/ yet manly smell to it but you better carry the bottle with you cause this is the weakest cologne i ever have used it disappears on me with extreme rapidity . I read the reviews and people say it has projection and longevity , well i like when people can smell your cologne without having to putthere

marolay
marolay

altamente recomendado...

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

smells like the soap they use in hospitals...yuck

kevdg18
kevdg18

This fragrance smells like black licorice and citrus. It wasn't a wow facter for me, but everyone loves it! I have received numerous of compliments. I guess I'll keep wearing it until the bottle is empty. However, I will not purchase this again.

ericrico
ericrico

I got this as a gift in a set with 100ml bottle of EdT, 75ml deodrant and a tube of hair & body wash for the shower. This was late last summer. I sprayed it once on the back of my hand when taking the box set apart this spring (as it just sat in the corner of my closet next to a box of scents that I keep for casual wear in my rotation).

I read gypsyparfumista's excellent review and felt there would be a time when I would really "indulge" in this creation by Marc Ecko. It finally happened - today! I have to say...this is rather surprisingly good - even after reading gypsyparfumista's review and having high hopes from my initial testing. It stood out then - and showed very well today.

I get the grapefruit, ginger and other citruses (that blend well with the ozonic note - the one gypsyparfumista mentions...it is indeed there and very noticeable)! Very fresh and invigorating scent. The heart of violet leaf, artemisia and black liquorice bring a contrast of earthiness and slight green bitterness with the very clean and vibrant white musk breathing into the heart. It's funny to say, but the top notes transcend the heart and carry well. The heart is rather short-lived - so you end up with citrus and ginger with the base notes as well, and nuances from the heart more like overtones and undertones in the composition.

As it dries down, I am still smelling nice citrus, the ginger is nice & warm and the slight smoky vibe of white incense. I did some research and while the guess put forth from gypsyparfumista is elemi, it is not. I know elemi very well (a rare resin found in trees native to the Phillipines). I could venture forth a guess - why not? I feel it is either a non-descript, clean incense or quite possibly white sage incense. I actually know people who burn white sage for Native American spiritual reasons and white sage is sold throughout the US Southwest as incense. The smell is very distinct.

Regardless, it is a nice note that interacts with the ozonic note that came earlier. Very original and all of it leaves a nice, clean and aromatic plume around you. This is a very nice scent - great for the gym, casual wear (definitely a white t-shirt, Mr. Ecko!) and for the 15-35 crowd of people who want to smell fresh, but unique. This is not a truly "mainstream"/washed out/bland scent. There is thought in this bottle - and I find myself thinking about it more.

Very good indeed. 7/10 and a recommendation to buy if you want a clean scent that allows you to smell different from others.

This bottle (and another fresh/aromatic scent with a unique composition, Izod for Men) definitely have something different, in a positive way, to offer one a "fresh/clean/aromatic" scent. Cheers.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

this Cologne very different to me it doesn't last long but it Is fresh smell to it Guy's
This is a quick fresh up for your girl nothing special

ITS juan
ITS juan

DOES NOT SMELL CITRUSY AT ALL!!! I have asked every one in my family and they don't smell it citrus! I bough it because its ecko only where it in the winter.
I consider this the smell of pure MUSK wierd smell
like vinyl, plastic, industrial adhesive, rubber, some chemical.

romangm01
romangm01

Great scent! Long lasting my shirt smelled like it the next day. The top notes for me starts off with a fresh cool grapefruit and citruses then the spicy ginger which makes way for the licorice which lasted awhile with hints of green and herb from artisemia and violet. The Base notes settle in with the incense with a clean musk and tonka. Great for any guy!

gparedes143
gparedes143

I JUST BOUGHT THIS FOR MY HUBBY! ITS SMELLS AMAZING! OMG SMELLS SEXY AND MANLY! RUGGID :)

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

It is not bad but the licorice note is pronounced. It interferes with what could have been a very nice fresh scent.
Reconsideration: After wearing this many times I think it is better, much better, than my original impression. Someone commented (to me) that this is how a man should smell.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

even if the smell sucked the bottle would be worth what I payed for it ... ha but the smell is pleasant I don't wear this one often but I like it a lot its not as soft or as aquatic as I usually prefer for my smells to be but I would recommend :)

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This one is ok every once in a while. It is pretty potent and the scent doesn't change during the day. It seems to hold with the same scent from initial spray until evening. I enjoy the products that change and melo out during the day. Good for when you head out for an active day - say shooting hoops or playing soccer. More than two sprays is way too much for this one.

Nikolaos1984
Nikolaos1984

Last very long which is nice and very unique smell

andy
andy

Ecko has a nice note lineup, but its smell ends up "lacking" compared to many other fresh frags. I know there is licorice in this fragrance, but this and the insence are in VERY low concentrations and do not give this fragrance the edge it should have with the notes.

After smelling, i got a general consensus with younger women that it smells lacking and depth, and they all thought it was strong in strength and weak in smell, leaving a chemical citrus which is prevalent in the scent market today

Costiellio25
Costiellio25

I just got this gift set for 20 dollars haven't tried it on yet but it smells pretty amazing in my opinion well worth it :)

Anup
Anup

I am SO proud of Marc ecko for actually creating something unique and worthy of it's sporty composition.
As mentioned before the grapefruit note is SPOT ON to the point where i actually gasped the first time i got a whiff.

Immediately after that initial blast of amazing citrus has toned down you get salty humidified semi sweetness with the remaining undertone of the citrus and hot ginger.

Amazing for everyday wear in the spring, summer, and even fall. Doesn't seem to me like it'd be strong enough to penetrate the cold dry air of the winter, but don't take my word for it, as i haven't tested it in the winter months as of yet.

I highly approve.

Smell: 9
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 8

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This is a deliberately sporty fragrance. Its almost like someone told Ecko “ hey dirtbag… you need a sport fragrance” and they came up with this. That being said, I like it. There is still something “up tight” about it and I don’t know if it was meant for the boardroom or for a gentleman over the age of 35. I could see this on college campuses everywhere. Reminds me of Claiborne sport…

Would I purchase? NO

Would I wear? Uhh… sure

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

nothing groundbreaking,but these days,what is? Its decent & it has to wear on you.a couple of hours later & IT SMELLS much BETTER NOW than when i first applied it.

bigfattonypwnsyou
bigfattonypwnsyou

lol the first day I wore it, got on the buss the girl sitting next to me woke up and said "you smell good! =]" haha

EverythingPat
EverythingPat

I was looking for something to wear in the fall however summer hasn't ended so I thought I would Give Marc Ecko a try.The cologne is just as described a sweet slightly dirty everyday type fragrance. Most women tend to like it but i would not wear this on a date. It is more a wakeup get up and go type thing.I bought this at Belk never again I paid twice what I would Have at fragrance.net. Beware the retail stores

hay81hay
hay81hay

i tested it today nothing special (not my style), opining with fruity , dry down to citruses with hidden incense .
longevity is ok
i think its applicable for youth 20+-

the shape of bottle is nice , but the juice inside it didn't attract me.

When I went to get this, my favorite fragrance counter did not have it so I picked up a few others I'd been wanting and left happily. I forgot my hoody on the counter and the girl held onto it for me and when I went back in the next day she said "Guess what we got in,Marc Ecko" when I saw the free t-tshirt I was sold. I've loved his clothes since they first came out and despite the fact I'm no "gangsta" I wear his clothes pretty often. The scent is as fresh and urban as his clothing line...

The PR lists the notes above but mentions a "liquid lightning accord" in the top notes. When lightning strikes you can smell ozone right after so I'm guessing that's what it is. The grapefruit note is flawless in this and smells like it could be natural, other citruses and ginger kick in and start to warm this up as the 'ozone' radiates outward the licorice smell (again very nice) unites with the green violet leaf and bitter artemisia.On first reading the PR I thought this was going to be the diciest part of this scent but it is very well-blended, sensual and inviting. The drydown has white incense (elemi?)but it's not overdone, the warm richness of tonka and a very clean musk; exotic without being too oriental and it has a "brightness" about it that I've not smelled anywhere else. This is an excellent first offering from Mr Ecko and I hope a sign of things to come...

Sillage: average to close
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4.25/5

This frag took me by surprise, even though I am a big ECKO fan. It's hip without the trendiness, and fresh yet not weak or aquatic. Marc said he wanted a "white t-shirt type of fragrance" that went with anything, had a little more spice and embodied the spirit of Youth. I'd say he has arrived. The bottle is awesome also: his name is backwards on the front and reflects correctly on the left and right sides of the mirror-metal lining the back of the prism-like flacon. Arty, electric, fresh and spicy, this is the "scent" of Marc Ecko in every way....

Jave26
Jave26

pleasantly surprised with this, smells really really good. I'm really happy I gave this a shot, strongly recommended don't think anyone will be disappointed.

venom376

actually.. i just thought of it. It sorta reminds me of a spicier version of Michael Jordan "Jordan". I havent had that one for quite some time, so im just going off memory... Could be wrong however.

venom376

Today it was either between this or Nautica Oceans. Was really close to Oceans, but grabbed this blindly. Just smelled on a card. I went with the reviews you guys posted on here.. trusted your judgement..

Glad I did!! The liquorice stands out a lot, but seems to be balanced out with the ginger and citrus! Great job Ecko!

Not sure if this is a summer fragrance or not? I think at first, no. When it wears down a bit, the citrus comes out. At least on me it does. Summer should be safe. Strange how I feel like I have smelled something very similar before, but I cant think of it??

Dont worry Oceans, I will be back to get you soon enough!!

drummerboy1986

I agree with alot of the fragrance reviews, here, youtube, and other places....I admit, I used to buy random shit, but, if this is continued, this will keep sell.... GREAT!!!!

Mindphlux
Mindphlux

I wasn't expecting much from this one but wow it took me by surprise. I can really smell the grapefruit in Ecko and it has pretty nice projection and longevity. Ecko is a perfect everyday fragrance but I would say it works better in warmer weather. I think a man up to his 40s can pull this one off.

guest_Rich
guest_Rich

Ok.. so Im reading all of these reviews trying to sort out which ones are honest and legit and which ones are all propaganda. So far I cant spot any... lol. As for Marc Ecko's fragrance.. it smells pretty damn good. I was skeptical about buying it at first becuase Im not a big fan of citrus like smelling fragrances but this one turned over the new leaf. I have yet to wear it out on a date thus far but I will let yall know the responses I get as soon as I do.

drummerboy1986

Damn!!!!!This stuff is awesome...I love it and I just bought some from Dillards, this stuff is the.....omg.!

drummerboy1986

A bout friggin' time.....I...probably with a lot of other people was wondering when is marc ecko coming out with a fragrance

guest_Helen
guest_Helen

My bf and I were shopping and the most HILARIOUS girl gave us a sample at Macys. She sang a jingle about the perfume and told us that sparks will fly if he wears this. We were laughing the whole way home, and pretty impressed by her jingle. In all honesty, the fragrance smelled GREAT on him..and I definitely want to buy it for him for Christmas. It smells fresh, clean, and pretty attractive!

guest_Proem
guest_Proem

This cologne impressed me quite a bit. I'm not a fan of Ecko clothing in the least and I was under the impression that the label was meant for "gangstas". But when I was at Macys last week I decided to spray this new scent on a card. I liked it so much that I asked for a sample vial and wore it that night when I went out. I got several compliments and I enjoyed the smell of it on myself so I went back to
Macys the next days and bought a 3.4 bottle. My advice is to give this one a shot even if you hate Ecko. Odds are you'll be pleasently surprised as I was. Its long lasting too!

Ecko by Marc Ecko by Marc Ecko 3.69 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Ecko Ecko by Marc Ecko fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Ecko Ecko by Marc Ecko, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ecko by Marc Ecko by Marc Ecko. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ecko by Marc Ecko by Marc Ecko represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.