Designers » M » Woody Spicy « Groups

Bang Marc Jacobs for men
dislike

I have it: 519 I had it: 139 I want it: 178 My signature: 11

Bang Marc Jacobs for men Videos
Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures Bang Marc Jacobs for men Pictures

Fragrant explosion for men is coming with a new creation by Marc Jacobs in July 2010. This is the first fragrance for men from the collection Bang, advertised by Marc Jacobs himself.

Bang was created for a “contemporary guy, who, even if he isn’t young, has a younger spirit.” Jacobs created the name first and development of the composition in cooperation with Coty followed. “I wanted to do something that I would love.” Said Jacobs. “I particularly like spice notes, especially pepper, so that became a starting place.”

Bang was created by Ann Gottlieb of such notes as black, white and pink pepper. A heart is enriched with masculine woody notes, while a base includes elemi resin, aromatic benzoin, vetiver, white moss and patchouli. The fragrance arrives in a metal flacon (50 and 100 ml EDT), 150 ml aftershave balm 150ml, 200ml body and hair bath and 75 ml stick deodorant.

The fragrance will appear exclusively in Bloomingdale`s and in Marc Jacobs’ official shops in July and will be available worldwide from September 2010.

Advertising campaign is very attractive. Marc Jacobs poses nude on a silver bed made of aluminum foil, with a large perfume flacon between his legs! Jacobs appeared in the campaign after his business partner Robert Duffy suggested him to advertise his first perfume for men by himself. “My immediate reaction was, I don’t know. But then I came to see that it made sense. Men’s fragrance, unlike women’s in a certain way, is very personal.“

Pink Pepper Pepper

Woodsy Notes

Elemi resin Benzoin vetyver Patchouli oak moss

Michalsky for Men

Bang Fragrance Reviews

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

Great for everyday wear, but be warned...the comments about weak longevity are spot on. Even so, it can be found on the cheap to make frequent applications acceptable.

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

I like this for myself. It reminds me of Angel with a lot of pepper.

ranchorita
ranchorita

At first blush, I loved this fragrance. I tried it on and bought a bottle for my boyfriend. I loved the boldness and breadth of this fragrance, but after a couple hours, it seemed to lose its punch, and smelled of lower quality than upon first impression. I returned the bottle to the shop unopened at the end of the evening. I was disappointed that the broad scope of the fragrance was not long-lasting. Maybe with re-application, this would have been more appealing to me, but I hate having to re-apply fragrance to winnow out the effect. After much initial enthusiasm, this one is a thumbs down for me, sadly.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

A keeper that reminded me of Terre D Hermes. Sprayed one on my right hand and one on the left. Definitely similar but Hermes is better. But Bang has more pepper and Hermes has a stronger citrus note. Found this one for 10 bucks on sale. Hermes last longer but I am liking Bang as well.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I like this one. It smells to me like dirt and gun powder, but in a good way. Its very masculine and unlike anything else on the market except for maybe Coriolan Guerlain (which also has gun powder notes). I must say it starts strong but does not last long on the skin at all. It def must be worn with the after shave moisturizer for lasting power. Found the whole line at Marshall's (balm, spray, deodorant, shower gel) for a steal. A great buy if you can find it at a discount retailer. Also, all Marc Jacobs bottles are too artsy and hard to hold. This one is no different and you can't tell when you are running low due to the opaque bottle. Still worth a try if you haven't experienced it yet.

Chicago Tony T

A very short lived pepper scent. It's gone within 2 hours without a trail to be sniffed. Very dull and discounted everywhere. The notes say woods are present but I don't smell em. You will need an atomizer for sure with this.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Manly,peppery,outstanding perfume with tons of character!!!

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

underrated.
It is a wonderful eau de toilette!

LoganAquin
LoganAquin

it's verystrange for me to love a fragrance with pepper in it. It smells extremely nice to me. very masculine and sexy. I love it and it's one of my signature fragrances now

Chicago Tony T

Pepper with some calone added. Very weak and dry for Marc Jacobs. Sold mine after a couple wearings.

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

NO! Just no! I sneezed after spraying it. Shortly after I got a headache. For about 30 minutes I could not get the smell out of my nose. It seemed to irritate the inside of my nose. This is unwearable!

pinktojen
pinktojen

I loved this for me not my man. I also love the blatant sexuality of the name. Wish I had bought it when I saw it at duty free 30% off. I dont remember exactly what it smelled like but spicy and earthy are the lingering scents. And I remember thinking the name Bang is not quite right - more of quiet kiss.

hadrian
hadrian

MJ’s Bang is a very interesting perfume – but, I must say it, not a very, very original one: Bang will definitely remind you Terre d’Hermes (the way that Byblos’ In Black – created in 2011 – will remind you MJ’s Bang, created in 2010).
Nevertheless, it is a well blended and a truly atractive scent. If you’re a “woody aromatic” kind of nose, Bang will be an explosion of pleasure on your chest.
I dare to say that a special woman will know how to use it also, as an unisex elixir.
Rather light, but with 6 or 7 shots you will have it on your skin for half a day.
Deeper than Byblos In Black and somehow sober & more mature that Terre d’Hermes, MJ’s Bang remains a genuine revelation for those in love with the spices (as I am).
A deserved 8,5/10.

bcray82
bcray82

Pencil shavings, bright pepper, cedar, and ink? Something earthy, like graphite. I would have to spray 6-10 just to make it last 6-7 hours. Super light. I love this fragrance even though it is a linear scent. Perfect for the office. Not offensive, very clean and masculine. I wish it was stronger.

Seanery
Seanery

I love the teak wood in this fragrance. It reminds me of a teak wood chess set that mad dad has had for the entirety of my life. When I smell it, I become reminiscent of the times when I was younger and my father would teach me how to play and how throughout my lift, he would break it out and we would play to see if I had gotten better.

Because of my associated experiences with the scent, BANG makes me think of experience, intelligence, the careful refinment that can be found in art as well as humanity. It reminds me of my elders who are always happy to share their thoughts, feelings, memories, and experiences with me. These shared ideas are an inheritance that is more valuable than money and is something that cannot be taxed.

This scent embodies WISDOM itself. It is a scent that a philosopher would wear.

acep
acep

I want this to be my signature, it just has something powdery about it that I don't like.
It's the right pepperiness in my opinion but it lasts like 30 minutes.

BANG!!! This is mega spicy. The extreme end of the dry peppery scale and really quite unique in how far it goes with the theme. I had expected Spicebomb to be like this but I'm kind of glad it wasn't and more heavy with sweeter spices like cinnamon and anise.
I do like this fragrance a lot because its so hardcore but not sure when I'd wear it? Just briefly on the bottle...it's a really bizarre shape and stands out on the shelf not sure I like it though.

Scentica2009
Scentica2009

Bought this a couple of years ago. It was nice for a change, very peppery and unusual, poor longevity though. Don't think I will buy again.

neonvalkyrie
neonvalkyrie

My guess is you have to have the right body chemistry for this one, and you have to live in a cold, damp place!

My boyfriend uses Bang in wintertime. His body temperature makes lava jealous. Somehow the pepper never gets overwhelming on him. But he can't use it in the summer, then it's too much.

On my boyfriend Bang smells like juniper wood. A whiff of spices and pepper and then a soft solid base of aromatic mysk. And it lasts.

He is in his early twenties. Every other boy his age uses linear fresh scents, and some are too shy to even smell anything other than soap. Bang is really a one-of-a-kind scent, that sets him apart from the other boys, makes him more of a grown man.

spoombung

Ghastly, one-dimensional, pepper and Iso E Super scent.

Lasts about 15 minutes.

vadimka
vadimka

its just pepper with water..only good thing about it is the bottle

lflat
lflat

This scent has great potential to becoming my signature! There is something about it that I can't get enough of. It exudes confidence, masculinity, and a bit of cockiness. People complain that they think the pepper is too much. Well to me, I think it's just fine. Great for a suit&tie event. If this had a Tom Ford or MDCI label on it, people would be raving about this without a doubt. Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Marlon Brando
Marlon Brando

This one remind's me of Polo by R.L. and i love it.

Voila

janine76
janine76

LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE, NEARLY AS GOOD AS MY FAVORITE - SPICE BOMB,

vitilsky
vitilsky

This is quite a good one. Not my favourite, but give it a try. Wood with a touch of pepper. Still, don't wanna smell like chicken tikka masala.

herreroph
herreroph

I love it, so kind different.
masculine, strong with a beatiful presentation.
pepper, wood and vetiver, Yummy

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I really liked this one from the first time I smelled it. Perhaps it´s the heavy amount of pepper that catched me. Perhabs its the combination with the resins and the vetiver. I Don´t know.
But it stands out from other perfumes from the last few years and that´s an important thing for me. I can get sick of a fragrance easily, if I am forced to smell it everywhere or is just to common.

The only notes I can clearly catch are the different pepper notes and the vetiver. I can say, there is more, but I can´t name it without having a look at the perfume pyramid.
The blend of the notes creates a sexiness, more rough than tender. I can see that it´s not for everybody but to me it´s a perfect ad to my collection of often worn fragrances.

Only thing I´ve got to critize:
Longevity and sillage are moderate to low.
Bottle empties quite fast, because I take much of it and respray it after a while

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

You can't judge a fragrance by its bottle any more than you can judge a book by its cover, but that doesn't stop me from trying. This one comes in a bottle that looks like it was inspired by junior high school metal shop - very clever. This is what attracted me to the scent.

It starts with something periously close to pepper spray - this quickly dissipates and moves onto woodsy notes that smell a lot like a pine board. Then, in less than an hour, it's almost entirely gone, probably leaving purchasers to wonder, "Why did I buy that?"

They really need to ratchet up the longevity and projection on this one. Bang! It's gone in a flash.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Classic Marc Jacobs this cologne is very classic and unique it does have a lot of pepper in this but it makes this a perfect winter time scent this just makes u feel edgy and sophisticated 10/10

CDGfan
CDGfan

This fragrance gets a lot of flack for having too much pepper, but I think its a intriguing pepper musk fragrance. I think this is a very good fragrance at its price point.

Kalth
Kalth

Alfarom I disagree with you .What break? How many fragrances does M. Jacobs launch every year? How many fragrances brands like Lutens , Gucci, Hermes ... have in their catalogue? Come on!!
I don`t like when people rant on some fragrances with little justification .Maybe poor Marc Jacobs sounds too designer , maybe he should be named Tom Ford XD.
This is a great pepper fragrance, very realistic and affordable at a great price .If you want to pay niche prices for the same thing it's on your own .

Alive
Alive

This is not a bad fragrance, that depends on the person's nose. You can either love it or hate it. I love it. It smells "different" from the ordinary stuff sold in the stores. Yes, it has a strong pepper smell, but I really like it. To me it is not cloying at all, I can handle it, and it lasts very long. One of the few designer juices that I love.

Radiation
Radiation

I'll admit I was drawn in my this fragrances amazingly peppery opening. Wow that opening! But the dry down, wow what a let down. My wife actually told me I smell like food and not good food. I can't disagree. This smells less like something I want to smell like and more like something that is somewhere between auto mechanic and expired spices. I got it for $20 so I figured no big loss. Well it's so far from my liking its now going up on eBay. They got the 'BANG' part right, but they forgot the 'Fizzle' afterward.

Soie
Soie

Never even sniffed this fragrance, but I got to say I love the name! It could have worked as a name for women's fragrance too!

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I got a wiff of this fragrance for the first time today at Nordstrom and I hate it. The pepper is too intense for me. I can say I didn't test this on my skin, so it might develop into something good. That top note of pepper however, is a deal breaker for me. Much respect for anybody who can withstand that pepper opening.

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

This is a pepper-fest. If you want a fragrance that starts with pepper, dries down to pepper and smells of pepper 12 hours later, buy this. But it's also got a lovely powdery element to it which softens the mixture. It's not a sweet powder, just very pleasant and perfectly acceptable for a man to wear. This is one of my most-worn fragrances of 2012. If it were niche-priced, I'd buy it. But it's not, which makes it even more of a must-have.

jamas12013
jamas12013

I recently bought this, after the first use it has become my favorite scent. I love black pepper anyway, so to me this is simple and so sensual. My wife loves it on me.

pepsi
pepsi

This fragrance is: pepper, pepper, pepper, vetiver, the end. If you love pepper, you will love this.

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

Sniff this one and I got Spicebomb.

vero055
vero055

to me it's just an amaaaaaazing fragrance! we tried it out with my bf, on me it turned quit flowerly and musky on him, omg, i wanted to bit his arm...
sex in a bottle... nothin else to say

evilspin
evilspin

I love this fragrance. Very warm and manly. I love pepper notes on scents because they always promise. When I saw this at Marshalls for $19 I stocked up. Then stocked up on the box set the selled around X-mas for $29. I cant get enough of this and keep sprayimng myself which sadly Im wasting (maybe cause I know I stocked up) but the reason why I keep spraying myself throughout the night is because it disappears on the skin :( Poivre Samarcande by Hermes is very similar with longer lasting power.

jordan65
jordan65

This fragrance is really good, starting with pepper, but in few minutes it changes to vertiver and I bit more, it desapears...Sad cause the beginning promises..

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Pepper, pepper, galore! But not enough to make you gag and choke...but you better be sure you like it on at least your food before you decide to wear it on your body.

Spicy, but wear it long enough and it sweetens up musky and woodsy while it warms up a bit with the white moss and patchouli.

I find it's appropriate for general use as it ends up pretty clean, but with the vetiver and something else I'm not sure, it's not a generic clean. Low to moderate sillage so it is rather a personal fragrance and only those right in your immediate vicinity will detect it, which in my opinion, is a good thing.

gd15329
gd15329

IF YOU LIKE PEPPER NOTES... THIS IS FOR YOU!

I KNOW... pepper-pepper-pepper...pepper and some wood... but hey... sniff again... hey... THIS IS GOOD OH MY G... THIS IS REALLY GOOD!

It's fresh, it's masculine, it's not strong but it's distinctive - you will not go unnoticed. And some times it will remind you of your dad's figure...

Very good one. Don't miss it.

Longevity / Sillage: Good enough.
My Total Score: 7.5/10

Update: You can also read my comparison review of The Beat for Men Burberry for men

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A big dose of pepper and woods with what smells like Frankincense. It is a masculine and very straightforward scent with no hidden extras, pepper and woods all the way.

If I switch off my analytical brain and go by the smell I do like this as its straightforward and what you smell is what you get through its duration. Perfect if you are looking for a casual masculine scent with no frills just pepper and woods.

james4sk8
james4sk8

got a sample of this back in the day. and it smellled so good i made that sample last! i only wore it on special occasions or for the right lady friend. this one is deffinetly a pantie dropper!
18+ only should be wearing this

eperfume.lauren
eperfume.lauren

One of my all time favorites. I wear with the womans Love and Luck.

yidansheng
yidansheng

Opening smells like one specific dusty note I often detect from bouquet of flowers. Just pure dusty, like you are sniffing the dry grinded plant. Then the powder faded away, and mild citrus, dreamy floral and core herbal notes unveiled. Woody part is quite warm, reminds me slightly of terre d'hermes.

Odiee99
Odiee99

AAACCKKK!!!! This is just way too much pepper. While I love spicy scents, this is just overdoing it. It might be acceptable if it developed into a better scent, but all you get is the pepper and after around two hours it's gone. It doesn't seem like very much thought went into the making of this scent. It's one of the few scents that I actually dislike.

LongIslandLPN
LongIslandLPN

I was truly repulsed and disapointed when I fist wiffed this. If "Bang" is what they were going for "Bang" is what they got in the worst possible way. I cannot immagine anyone wanting to wear this or thinking it was young, fresh clean. It smells dirty, offensive, and slighlty vulgur.

Jmiller
Jmiller

this stinks so bad it smells like a jar of grounded up pepper, WORSE COLOGNE EVER

Rankn504

If you like this stuff Loewe 7 is this but beast mode. This stuff doesn't last long but the dry dow n reminds a lot of terre de hermes. You can get this stuff really chea.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

I am so dying for this one. one of my favorite. very dry and spicy.

Brockington90
Brockington90

I hate this fragrance!!! Too Much Pepper!!! MJ's Original is still his best work!!!

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Bang is a real strong olfactory opener but that soon passes. It's a love it or hate it fragrance IMO. I love it. The spiciness is pleasant to my nose, but my preferences, as with all others, is based on how well this fragrance agrees with my chemistry and culture. I feel that this product has received bad reviews because it was not given a chance to evolve. I highly recommend that folks give it another try.

Update: I'm still loving it! This could very well be my go to fragrance.

Rankn504

Once this dries down it smells likeca terre d hermes. its good stuff jus shitty shitty longivity

instantjim
instantjim

I picked this one up cheaply and have to say it is a fairly good fragrance. I feel, however, it is misnamed. There is not so much of a bang as a fizzle, or maybe a pop to this one. It starts off with the sharpness of peppery notes, though these are for my tastes a little understated (Oscar by Oscar de la Renta does it much better). After a very brief time it starts to smell like a subdued version of Terre d' Hermes. Nothing earth-shattering here.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Bang is the quintessential designer-grade olfactory essay on pink, black, and white pepper. The opening is a sturdy pink pepper and patchouli accord, which gradually segues into black pepper with a touch of spicy white to even its rough edges. There's a rather bare wood note in there, very dry and nondescript, and the scent smoothly fades into a peppery wood.

I think Bang smells very nice and it is easily wearable by men and women alike. However, I'm a bit chagrined by Bang's lack of dynamism. Put simply, Bang is boring. There could be a touch of pine or juniper to brighten the pepper, or even some citrus. Also, I don't get the sneeze-effect that others do. The pepper notes in Bang don't challenge my sinuses, and I expected them to. Still, a competent scent, and with a really cool bottle to boot. Worth trying, if only to smell how pleasant pink pepper can be in a designer perfume.

paulhunter
paulhunter

For the record, I DO like this frag a lot. Anyway, today I opened a can of Dr. Pepper and it smelled so familiar... like the Bang I sampled yesterday! Something in this EDT smells like Dr. Pepper in the most delicious way possible.

ericrico
ericrico

I like this - as a lover of pepper in my fragrances, I was attracted to Bang by Marc Jacobs. It came in a pair-purchase of two fragrances (the other being YSL M7!) so I had little to lose.

It goes on strong - with loud pink pepper dominating, then transitioning to a blend with white and black pepper mixed in. I thought this would be more synthetic, possibly even a mess - it is hardly such and very well-done, in my opinion. Definitely a polarizing scent, but this is actually well-composed and has both very good longevity and projection. In addition, it could be a scent that layers well. All-in-all, this will (ironically) probably get more wear than the M7 bottle it came with that I was after, but that is a more "special" scent the exudes sensuality. This is just plain good, tasteful & fun!

Kudos to Ann Gottlieb for this creation. The wood notes come in after the first 10-15 minutes and seems to "smother" the pepper a bit on my skin, but as the drydown occurs...integration. I give credit for intelligent use of elemi (another fantastic ingredient I seek out in fragrances - it blends incredibly well with pepper...no better example than Oscar for Men by Oscar de la Renta.)

The benzoin is turned down, thankfully. I didn't want this to go towards any sweetness and it doesn't. The patchouli, clean vetiver note and white moss give a nice base to the wood. I don't really get much more than a touch of additional warmth and earthiness from the patchouli with the vetiver. The wood from the heart actually stays well into the base - with pepper holding up throughout. For pepper lovers - this is an absolute must-try! Even those who want a spicy, masculine scent that can be worn casually or blended into a wearing.

This is hard to quantify, because of my affinity for pepper...but, personally I like it (a lot) and could see it layering well with many citrus scents that I have (including Eau de Colognes) and also pure wood scents that can be blended (including CoSTUME National Homme). Just a single spray (or two at night) with a nice, fragrant citrus and Bang could become more than a scent to wear by itself - which I will do as well. Same goes for the wood scents in the cooler weather - with a couple more additional sprays upon application. One can adjust "how" much pepper they want with their wood and there is already a nice wood in this composition!

Well done...cheers.

My interest in Marc Jacobs BANG was piqued, not by the ad campaign, but by some reviewers' comparison of this fragrance to Hermès Hermessence POIVRE SAMARCANDE. I happened upon an open giftbox of BANG at TJMaxx and could not resist giving it a sniff. My verdict? Pepper. I repeat: pepper.

So, yes, in BANG there is an overlap of the black pepper note in POIVRE SAMARCANDE. Aside from that, however, they could not be more different! BANG has no complexity, could easily be a Calvin Klein launch, and is very synthetic. The longevity is great, but the price I paid was a headache.

The similarities between BANG and Hermès Hermessence POIVRE SAMARCANDE are superficial, to put it mildly. The differences are profound.

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

Mr. Jacobs look ravishing on the ad but it isn't enough to make me like his latest fragrance for men, Bang. Mind you, I used to have Daisy but currently I'm all out of its summer freshness.

Bang is explosive but not in a good way. Its pepper top notes got me stunned at how stereotypical it is as a men's fragrance. Wrapped with an infinite amount of patchouli, Bang sadistically cover my nose like Chloroform and I find it overwhelming.

However, I praise the bottle design's originality. Not to mention in relation to the perfume's name. Bang! A surprise. A hit. It has a dent for Heaven's sake! How magnificent could it get? The bottle also leaves me breathless at how modern and shiny it is. I'm a sucker for silver metals and such futuristic designs.

In the end, I hope Mr. Jacobs turn back into women's fragrance. Daisy was a proper hit, in my opinion. A real knock out. Whilst Bang was sadly a miss.

banks1124
banks1124

I love this scent. Would be my signature if it lasted more than an hour on me. Pretty original and attractive smell. It just disappears.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

I cant explain my distaste for this but ill sure try (:
i Hate this smell it smells like the gross kinda spice where it seems like u dropped a bunch of spices from the kitchen on u ! thats all i smell its pretty sick, so if u wan2 smell like an Italian resteraunt this is perfect for you!

fragranaticafreak
fragranaticafreak

Okay I know this fragrance is nothing but pepper. I like it though. Its very pleasant to smell but I'd never wear it alone. The thing that I love about it is I can mix it with different things to create a super fragrance. I also have Hermes Eau de Palpamousse Rose which is nothing but Grapefruit. I combined it with peppery bang and it made an AMAZING scent. I also bought some grapefruit and lemon essential oil that I combine with bang to make a heavenly mix of spices, pepper herbs and citrus. I call it... Bangtrus

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 4/10
Overall: 3/10

The fragrance itself is mediocre, it gets old after a while though. The opening is a metallic blend of peppers which, while aromatic, is not as "full" as it could be. The oak moss, vetyver and other woodsy notes come out in the dry down, while the pink pepper fades leaving regular pepper. I just feel it leaves something to be desired; it's just not as rich as the new Spicebomb (Viktor & Rolf) or as sexy as The Beat (Burberry).

The bottle is too "cool-looking" for my personal tastes. It is a very nice design but I prefer classiness over hipness. Moreover, the bottle can be slightly awkward to hold sometimes, due to the concave shape. Is also easy to tip over.

Longevity is dismal, I don't know why but it dies on me within the hour. Unfortunately, not a fan.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I love this one!!! I was very turned off by it initially when I first smelled it back in 2010. For that reason, I waited for everyone else to buy it knowing all along that eventually I would give it another sniff when the price hit rock bottom. Low and behold - this thing is GORGEOUS on me! Yeah, its pretty spicy, dry and woody, but I find it suits me (25 year-old guy) quite well. After you get past the heavy spice explosion (first 5mins), there's something quite smooth and appealing about it. I dig it!

I'm comfortable wearing this with casual or dressy clothes, but that's just me. I'm just happy to have this in my collection!

Not sure if I'll get a lot of positive feedback, but we'll see how that goes.

9.5/10

BlueLuna
BlueLuna

Disappointing.
I just loved the bottle so i wanted to give a try this one. Marc Jacobs has great fragrances for women but for men, this one is just disappointing.
It's like old barber shop style perfume. Maybe good for aged men but definetely not for young people. It has heavy and sharp notes which is disturbing for the people who smell this.
9 points for the bottle
2 points for the scent

rmf1112
rmf1112

I recently purchased Marc Jacobs Bang at a nearby Marshalls for a good price. That place is great for cheap frag finds. So, I see this gets good and bad reviews, but I always try to see why a frag is liked/not liked to see if it lines up with my tastes personally, even if there aren't many favorable reviews. Such was the case with this one- what turns some off in this fragrance seems to be much of the same things that are favorable to others. The huge pepper note in the begining is certainly one of the major discernable elements here. So it stands to reason, If you don't like pepper, you won't like this either. Myself, on the other hand, am a very big fan of pepper- I've gone so far as to acquire Demeter Black Pepper fragrance and wear it by itself or layer it with others to add some peppery notes into the mix. I am more of a fan of black and white pepper than of pink, however, I find it to be a bit more sharp and astringent perhaps than warming, spicy and full like its monochrome cousins- although pink peppercorn isn't the same family as black, white or even green which are just various preparations of the same fruit.

So, with the background in place as myself being a fan of pepper and spice, etc., I was ready to accept this with open arms into my fragrance life. After removing the paper sleeve, the box is matte black with chrome panels, the front appearing to be dented in with the impact of the word "BANG" itself centralized in capitol lettering. Retreiving the bottle from inside I was amused with the bottle, originally appearing to be a thin smoked black bottle with chrome front and back before "BANG" came by and again makes an impact, contorting the shape of the bottle this time- clever. As far as art goes, this flacon is definitely modern compared to some of the other classic bottle stylings offered by others such as John Varvatos or Tom Ford. It is also worth mentioning, however, that although some don't care for the style, it was awarded "Best Packaging Of The Year - Men's Luxe" for 2011, by The Fragrance Foundation.

Going past the imaginative bottle however, there was some disappointment when the time came to test the scent itself. I suppose I should have been clued in by the chrome front, but this is initially a very fresh fragrance, not so much the dark, warming black pepper I referenced earlier. Smelling it from the bottle, it initially reminds me of Oxygen by Lanvin, how the juniper berries played a prominent role in that offering, so too are the pink peppercorns here a major element. It is a punch to the face of mostly pink and white peppercorn, with a touch of fresh cracked black pepper hiding in the background, mingling with the other, more subtle woodsy notes- and the even less prominent but still somehow there vetyver and patchouli. I have tried this a couple times as a couple sprays to the chest, and haven't
been impressed, but I tried a nice spray on the arm and it smells very different and more full. I can also detect resin-y notes (benzoin and elemi perhaps?) that are fairly pleasent and smooth, like a yin and yang with the contradiction to the sharp pepper. These two combine nicely and form a very analogous relationship with the wood notes, which in turn, give way very nicely and subtley to the resins and patchouli/vetyver combination at the end. This
is very interesting to the nose- it seems to start of fresh and spicy, but changes to a nice resin-y incense like quality that doesn't smell like traditional incense, but more to church or religious type- sublime, really.

While the end is very nice, and it for the most part seems to be well constructed, transitioning smoothly from one phase to the next, the top is rough and doesn't seem to have much longevity or sillage after the initial peppery blast. However the perceived flaws, I think this may still be a bit
under appreciated- maybe its just my tastes or the way it combines with my skin, but this, especially the middle and bottom notes, is very pleasing to the nose and is a sexy skin scent, if only it would stay. If the pink pepper was replaced with the black, instead of merely playing a spicy support role, I feel this would have been very well balanced, warm and much more approachable- but maybe that's the point. Perhaps much like the bottle itself, it is not to be appreciated by all, but is in your face whether you like it or not- brash, loud and a bit hot-headed. Indeed, much like modern art, it is controversial and against conformity for some and for others is the very reason they embrace it.

Scent-
Top gets low rating, but I really dig the rest

Sillage-
nonexistent under clothes, maybe 12 inches on arm but I can see aspects of this traveling further.
2.5/5

Longevity-
Less than an hour under clothes, maybe twice that outside
2.5/5

Bottle- Very clever and original, not a classic but nice

Overall- Great idea, decent construction, falls short a bit for me however
3.5/5

If you like spicy, woody fragrances -and this is spicy- with a quick drydown, leading to a subtle skin scent, try it out.

soned
soned

Very unique bottle........and that is all I have to say about this one, yuck!, next please.

JohnMc
JohnMc

"Pass me the pepper would ya? Oh you already did, that's right I smell of pepper! Do you have anything with salt I could spray myself with? I'm trying to corner the market in that niche area known as the salt & pepper gourmand-binary". If that sounds absurd to you, then that's exactly what this is; absurd in a redundant kind of way. Perhaps Mr. Jacobs could release an accompanying line caled 'Crash, Bang, Wallop'?

luckylilac6
luckylilac6

pepper, pepper amd more pepper, with a woodsy note thrown in for good measure.

hintay
hintay

spicy and manly

acc
acc

Soft, spicy, laid back and sexy.

It enters your nostrils banging with pepper only to leave a pleasent woody trail.

The notes are very cleverly put together. And the transition of them is masterful. What starts as a solid pepper fragrance turns out to be a woody aroma that really resembles a faded peppery mix.

This would be tricky to be used by younger men. It is intended to match a mature man who is ripe but frisky.

AggieSwtHrt2011
AggieSwtHrt2011

I know this is a men's fragrance but I smelled this the other day and I love it. I'd totally wear it myself there's a nice musk to it (obviously, its for men) but its not overpowering. Oddly enough with so little fruit notes in this fragrance it has an enticing sweetness...not sure if that makes any sense at all.

Going off of smelling this in the store I'd even go so far as to classify this as unisex (for the right people of course).

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I tried this one out at a local Marshalls when I was shopping for dress pants. I immediately knew I had to buy it. I love crisp spicy scents and the pepper is really noticeable, so noticeable that when I started wearing it out, I didn t care for it. The dry down is where the good stuff happens. After about 20-30 minutes of smelling like pepper seasoned raw steak, you get a more low key wood smell. I thought after a while the vetiver also was very noticeable. Overall I like it, and I would buy it again... at Marshall's.

Longevity - 6.5/10

sillage- 7/10

scent - 8/10

OZ
OZ

I get a lot of pepper, the dry down gets a bit sweet, it lasts about 4 hours in my skin then becomes very very fainted.

junglefun
junglefun

I really like this scent. A good masculine scent for the colder weather. Good projection and decent longevity, 2 or 3 sprays max is sufficient I think.
This style is a try before buy for sure. People say that it reminds them of TDH, I can understand that for sure, but also quite different. If you are looking to get a fragrance that is truly a masculine scent, then give this one a shot.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Yikes, this one is VILE! I smelled it the other day in a department store, along with the one in the blue bottle, and was staggered at how horribly stinky it was! It smells very antiseptic and cold, and not dissimilar to something like Kouros (which I also happen to think is disgusting!). It's VERY unsexy and unappealing and would leave me 100% cold if I smelled this on a man, regardless of how sexy I might otherwise think he was! Oh, and the bottle sucks as well so as far as I'm concerned this so-called scent has nothing going for it whatsoever!!

olubojo.bantu
olubojo.bantu

I bout this perfume 2 weeks ago and used it last week, unfortunately the bottle fell off the table top and broke. As for the fragrance, I am a very manly man and find the infusion of all those peppers and spices very attractive and masculine, It is very ideal but i must also say that I am very disappointed with the longevity as is the case with previous Marc Jacobs fragrances, I can confidently say that after 1 -1.5 hours there will be little or no trace of haven used a perfume and worse still, it cannot be applied heavily due to the incredibly choking effect of those peppers as you squirt so my overall rating for this perfume regardless that I love the fragrance is 4/10....Longevity just has to be at an average 6/10 but with the BANG it is 2/10 no kidding, kindda annoying actually because it is so nice and you really really want it to stay on. I'm rethinking a repurchase but at this time it is very unlikely as I have just began to enjoy my grey vetiver which has a (my rating) 8/10 longevity rate!..Conclusion- If you have a short temper, don't buy this perfume haha!

MmM
MmM

i hated this when i smelled it for the first time. after about 10min, the smell is just nice. I can smell a bit of Terre d'Hermes.

6.75/10

Aqua218
Aqua218

This funky, super stylish 66 year old woman, who doesn't look a day over 45, wears this in our office. I absolutely love it on her. All the guys (and some of the girls) flirt outrageously with her whenever she wears it. The pepperiness totally suits her spicy, bang'in personality! If this came out in the 70s she would have been rockin it at Studio 54. Not for wallflowers. Ideal for modern, spunky, confident women (and men of course).

RickOhm
RickOhm

it has absolutely no staying power on me it would last for at least 20 minutes then vanish. it smells different but it does fall a little flat and has no dimension it is pure pepper and wood period. if you wear this in the hot sun people will assume your the main entree at a barbeque.

ItsJson
ItsJson

This fragrance is like a leafy pepper spray.
This is a insult to consumers. Its really a bang to any ones nose.

behzad1280
behzad1280

They obviously banged the flacon! But don’t worry; the perfume itself will not bang you at all!
If you have “Terre d'Hermes”, so you can assume you have “Bang” either! But comparison to “Terre”, this is mild and calm.
Longevity is good but sillage is about average.
Innovative flacon indeed!

خیلی شبیه عطر "تق د ایرمز" یا همون "ترِرِ دُ هِرمِس" هست، البته کمی ملایمتر و سبکتر.
دوام خوبی داره ولی پخش بوی متوسط

bp
bp

The bottle of this perfume is absolutely gorgeous.
The smell is also very cool.
Overall is excellent.

I hope to have one soon.

I wouldn't recommend this to any male. IMO it's too strong and unpleasant.

zorans
zorans

Bang by Marc Jacobs was created in 2010 by Givaudan`s perfumers Ellen Molner and Yann Vasnier under creative direction of Marc Jacobs, Ann Gotlieb and Claire Fermont.

The Bottle.
It`s easy recognisable because nothing on the market is quite a like.It`s made of heavy glass combined with thin shiny metal sheets on both sides.It`s not the most stable bottle out there.

The Scent.
This is woody fragrance with rich spicy tone.
Opens loud with all peppers (pink,black and white)and The smell starts sharp,citrusy like,spicy and slightly sweet berries.
It is real bang in the face but quickly settels down to piney,lemony,touch sweet,warm,earthy,greeny and herbacious smell.It continues on linear up to the end.
It`s pleasant fragrance to wear,not offensive not very usual but also not groundbreaking.

Projection> Hm, somethimes projects well somethimes is close to the skin.
Longevity> It stays eight hours plus.Good longevity.
Versatility> I think this is very versatile fragrance and hardly can offend anybody.

Conclusion: Will I recommend this fragrance? Well if you don`t have any peppery fragrance yes, but you have better choice with Burberry the Beat or Kenzo Boise pour homme.

Dogma
Dogma

REALLY nice... a bit like Terre d'Hermes and Encre Noire. The problem is it only lasts 10 minutes, (and the flask design is over-designed.)

BiGToNy9654
BiGToNy9654

Just bought this on eBay! I know I'm gonna like it because Iv had Burberry The Beat, and that's very peppery too!

Pinni
Pinni

I love this scent! Honestly speaking it reminds me of a strong scent of pine trees. Maybe it's because of the woodsy notes combined with the resin and the pepper. In the dry down there's a hint of something sweeter coming up, maybe patchouli.
Bang! is strong and it's awesome! I can imagine that i might be a bit hard to pull of as it's loud and straight-forward but I LOVE IT! I'm from Finland and this is the smell of my country! I love everything else in this scent but the bottle design.

I'm not sure if I should make my bf try it or just simply buy it for myself to smell.

Edit: There's a guy on my uni course who uses Bang. It's probably because of the chemistry but I don't like it on him at all!

edooardo
edooardo

Really good stuff.
First of all we get a blast of pepper that deeply clean our soul.
Then, a confortable and rich warm alone vetyver close to the skin for about 6 hours.
If weren´t for the bottle, I would say that it is a niche fragrance that could be called: Pepper Vetyver.

jcastano
jcastano

An aptly named fragrance. BANG! This is pepper, pepper, and more pepper! There's a small touch of vetiver and definitely some cedar to complement the pepper but this is literally PEPPER in liquid form! Bold and here to make a statement! Wow, I said pepper a lot! I hope you get my point though! The bottle is kind of cool as well. Even though it's fairly linear, there is a bit of depth to it. Not suitable for my taste but if you enjoy daring, unique, and offensive scents with a true masculinity, BANG is your man! I recommend this in cool weather and for anyone 25+ who has an open mind and can appreciate something different. Longevity is 4-6 hours and sillage is decent.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It seems, there is not many fans of peppery scents out there, which I think is kinda a shame.
I'm a big fan of pepper-scents, and this is one of them.

e.anderson
e.anderson

Love this smell with the heavy pepper that dries down into a ceader smell that is amazing. The only thing I am critical about this scent is it becomes invisable to the wearer quickly after application.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Awesome Bottle and packaging truly admirable and eye popping. Regarding the scent, i have to go neutral about it, i neither love it nor hate it. Those who believe that it is similar to Terre d Hermes, i do agree with them, the top notes are very similar except that Bang has more peppery aroma in the beginning no need of telling as everybody already knows it very well.
The smell is not that bad as most of the reviewers are commenting about it, but is not as good also to compliment its price and hype.
Silage, projection, longevity, everything is average except the bottle which is exceptional.
I give it 6.7 out of 10

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Besides Yatagan by Caron this is the most austere masculine fragrance I've ever smelled. While Yatagan overwhelms the senses with a "celery" aspect, Bang brings the pepper accord to the fore. I cannot wear Yatagan, but Bang dries down to a very attractive wood, spice and pepper blend. There is something very "retro" about this cologne, but I don't know what fragrance it reminds me of. Test it before you buy it because this scent is definitely an acquired taste.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Iron, Acid, Dry Sour, Spicy, Masculine..nothing sweet here!

I couldn't give it a chance because it is a lesser brother to Narciso Rodriguez for Him, which is more complex, longer lasting, more sexy, more interesting....the head is a funny thing, I shouldn't compare in that way and give it a go in its own right.

Suits and office wear, projects very well for the first 3 hours...can't stop thinking of Narciso instead...

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

Masculine and sexy! There are only 2 options for MJ Bang. You will love it, or you will hate it. There is not an other option.

scribs
scribs

burly, masculine and powerful, i ADORE this fragrance it is in the top 3 of my 17 frag arsenal. the scent itself channels a lot of pepper and even though that sounds a bit intimidating on paper it manages to work and is so incredibly seductive and delicious. the dry-down leaves u in an enjoyable midpoint between manly brutality and a comfortable versatile scent. the longevity last a good 7-8 hours and the projection is extremely good, all and all i would give it a 9o.o10

(and the bottle is amazing, how cool is that bottle, i dare u to tell me u don't love that bottle!) :)

noodleman23
noodleman23

A great alternative to Glade’s Apple Cinnamon air freshener. Though, I’m not big on pepper based fragrances, I find that all others do it way better than Marc Jacob’s Poof I mean Bang, including The Brit and Very Sexy 2. The pepper develops into nothing appealing or pleasing but rather a boring linear scent.
*Good projection
*Moderate silage
*Moderate longevity
Two sprays in the bedroom and one in the hallway should be enough before leaving house!

Freshmike
Freshmike

I'm surprised after reading some of the reviews of Bang! I never heard of it and decided to buy it just because. I was so excited to get home and smell what I bought; sort of like a present to open and find out what it is. I didn't see the bottle from the box but when I pulled it out, I fell in love with the design. I just love to have the bottle on my dresser because of the look. As for the cologne, I enjoy it. Yes, the peppers are bold but to me, very different and the cologne seems to be full of character. I've had it for almost a month but with more than 50 bottles, I worn it quite a few times. I think I've taken a break because a friend wears it and, I'm not sure how I like it on him so when I wear it, I'm reminded of him so, I think I've slowed down in wearing it. Definitely daytime, spring/ summer and maybe even fall. It's an in-your-face smell that screams "I'm different!" I like it. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

tuscany
tuscany

I must admit,this smells alot like Heremes,Terre d Hermes..
wich i love and is my signature sent but Bang stunk on me,maybe was my skin.

almansor
almansor

In general I´m more fond of perfumes that are created simple, with few ingredients like Fahrenheit 32 or Gucci Guilty for men, but a fragrance based solely on pepper and wood (actually the pepper is just that strong I don´t detect much besides it) is simplicity in none other than a bad way.

The bottle reminds me of a car crash where one is hurled out through the windshield and is smashed headfirst directly into a door made of steel. I can´t tell you how it feels, but thanks to bang we now know how it smells when your face hits the cold metal.

wormred
wormred

Agree with Smellgood. Great bottle, terrible smell..

Dr. Smellgood
Dr. Smellgood

This will go down in history as one of the fragrance industry's all time great mistakes. We've had this crap for over a year at my store, and I've sold all of 5 bottles. It's a great scent for a steak marinade, but as a cologne it has top notes of gasoline and pepper, middle notes of even more pepper, and base notes of fail and wtf. In its defense, what a cool effing bottle!! It really jazzes up my cologne shelf, even if it never gets sprayed.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

very spicy.had to wash it off to be able to sleep.reminds me of terre d'hermes and wonderwood.Apart from the wood and pepper I really get nothing else.I can see it works for others but for me very forgettable

reidb18
reidb18

very peppery, i believe it contains 4 types of pepper in the top notes yuck

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

i purchased this last night for my dear fella, and realized that I could easily wear it as well, in fact it's incredible layered with annick goutal l'eau hadrien, or any vanilla base.

personally, i'm quite fond of the pepper accords that literally blast out of the bottle. I prefer something a bit more unusual, and it suits my fiance perfectly.

Over many of the new male releases, I find this one to be lovely considering one can find it pretty much anywhere. It's nice to be able to find something different without having to comb the web for my usual niche brands.

smokeandspice
smokeandspice

One of the few mainstream scents in my stable.

I think the enviornment of where you are really effects this scent. Had a bottle in Hong Kong and had amazing lasting power and a long peppery scent.

However, bought a bottle in the UK and found myself having to spritz over and over as the scent faded really quickly.

I'm guessing humidity helps.

spoombung

Sneezy pepper for 5 minutes... then virtually NOTHING thereafter. This is the result of unbelievably lazy perfumery and cheap ingredients.

PS. If you want long-lasting pepper go for the Ormande Jayne range or Malle's French Lover.

calyx93
calyx93

A very expensive combo of iso e super, black pepper and a tiny bit of vetiver. Anyone could make this from easily obtained ingredients. WTF?

(Edit July 8, '11) Well, it seems as though this stuff has grown on me, but only the prickly black pepper opening. That phase is truly addictive to me - what a dry, sharp, bracing blast. What a pity it doesn't last.

Mr. Jacobs, how about an intense version with more pepper?!?!

Come on Mr. Jacobs, give us a break! A superficial and silly fragrance with absolutely no soul. You like peppercorn? There's plenty of good fragrances out there (Villoresi Piper Nigrum, Hermes Poivre Samarcande, Gucci Pour Homme I, Gentleman Givenchy).

A crude synthetic composition. All hype and no substance. It's almost official, Marc Jacobs is over.

Rating: 3/10 (bang! I pulled the trigger)

TankGirl
TankGirl

There are no words to discribe how mutch this advert annoys me, but I actually like the scent.
This is obviously a "gay call" like YSL Le Male but this advertising campain lacks class..
When I'm testing frangrances with my gay friend (funnyest guy ever) and we see this bottle on the shelve, he just roll his eyes and say "Oh my god lets get out of here, I cant bare the sadness of seing Marc Jacobs beeing such a h****".
And then we go take a fresh air in Prada and Hermes section XD
About the scent, I like it but I think that the "Banged" bottle (oh god the connections of the advert are such a facepalm) and the super strong scent are not particullary interesting to spend money on :S
Dad your strange taste on gay marketed fragrances will have to stop!! Take a cheap old spice and get over it!!

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

Bang is a very good fragrance in all aspects. But it's too strong. I would not recommend a purchase in blind.

masterbrush
masterbrush

Bought it mostly because I admire Marc Jacobs as a designer. And it works like a bang indeed. Love the peppery notes, I don't understand why so many people seem to be offended by them. First impression is very pleasant, altough I don't get the "man who's young of spirit whether he si young or not" vibe from it.
But more than packing a first punch, sadly this is all there is to Bang! It fades away faster than any cologne I've ever tried so it stays unused on my shelf.
Add to that the gimmicky campaign and bottle (cute but nowhere near a classic and it keeps falling over)and it's much like a disappointing date that looks promising yet lacks content.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Now WHY would somebody create this? If you ever wondered what dogs smell when the mailman pepper sprays them, stop by a store that sells this and squirt it. This is pepper juice a-la-carte.Go ahead... wear this on an airplane and see if you dont get arrested for being a terrorist because you will smell like you want everyone on the plane to die. GACK!!!!

Papi
Papi

When I smelled it on piece of paper from men's health magazine it reeked. On another hand, recently I was in the shop and I spotted that nice looking bottle and I LOVED it.

It's even more peppery than Gucci Rush (2000/1) which for me is a masterpiece.

Your on my list.

Cylob
Cylob

Don't test this on paper, because you'll never get past the pepper. On my skin it warms up after a while and shifts into a fresh green, mossy woody scent, which gets a bit darker towards the end. Elegant and suitable for any season. Not bad, but nothing special either...

MichaelR
MichaelR

I thinks it smells really peppery, which I already didn't like the perfume and also the perfume has it's own character! Also it has this erotic and experimenting feeling. Too much pepper! Feels like someone would start experimenting with peppers in the kitchen!

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Bang starts off very pleasant with its strong woody and spicy vibe to it. Pepper hits my nose in a very delightful way unlike "Hugo Boss Element", by which I dislike its opening so much. Similar opening to "D&G THe one Gentleman", in my opinion, and they are equally well-done.

The drydown notes keep staying on my skin for a while. Patchoulli is very carefully blended not to be cloying and alarming.

My thoughts:
Longevity: Good
Sillage: Moderate
Bottle design: Superb ^^
Recommended? (Try/Buy/Pass): Try. I think giving the fragrance with pepper note a try would not hurt >.<

Cheers,

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It smells exactly like the smoky residual of burnt wood, alot softer than the smoky wood scent by Commes D'Garcon, if you've tried it.
Bang has no fruit, citrus or florals, an idea I always wanted to see put in action.
Without, at least, a soft fruit note, the pepper burns the woods, not scientifically but through scentology. Without so much pepper, this scent would be a lil more wearable.

I wouldnt really be able to decide the wearability of this scent until I've actually worn it for a day, but my current impression is that it's not wearable.
It's a very nice and enjoyable scent on my hand, I love the smokiness.

K LUE
K LUE

No joke this scent last forever, at least on my skin it does and it also projects big time, but I am on the fence about the sent overall. I do not like owning many perfumes/colognes at the same time so I try to be very selective about the one I pick. This smell is very unique and definitely peppery there is no question about that, I am just not sure if it is for me.

7.5/10

karisma2011

correction: "so i just took the perfume to the counter and bought it there and then! i noticed that the sales assistant gave me a funny look (she saw me before spraying in desperation) and could NOT understand why"

karisma2011

i remember entering debenhams at xmas time and seeing this amazing bottle! wow, what a masterpiece! picked it up, did not even look what the hell was all about, just sprayed it on and LOVED it in an instant!

and after, i kept spraying, spraying...insatiable, on the other hand, on the neck, on the clothes...u know, i was stinking! and it was bloody intoxicating!

so i just took the perfume to the counter and bought it there and then! i noticed that the sales assistant gave me a funny look (she saw me before spraying in desperation) and could understand why.

anyway, got home and went straight online to read some reviews...to my huge amazement the perfume was a masculine one (which explained the face of the sales assistant by the way), and im definitely NOT a man!!!

conclusion: the perfume is SUPERB if u like your spices and pepper, and i think it can be easily unisex! just love it! well done Marc!

mehrdad
mehrdad

عطر خوشبو و جالبیه اما برای اول بار که بو میکردم با اینکه توسط دوستم روی دستم اسپری شده بود اما بزور رایحه اش را متوجه میشدم و درست نتوانستم تشخیص بدم اگرچه رفته بودم که اونو تهیه کنم و دوستم که خودش هم فروشنده و مطلع کار عطر و ادکلن است میگفت مهرداد انتخاب اول من بعد از نارسیس رودزیگر مردانه طوسی رنگ بنگ مارک جاکوب میباشد
مدل قبلی مارک جاکوب که شیشه ای پهن و پخ داشت هم خیلی جالب و با کلاس و دلچسبه البته مقداری هم بوی کوکونات یا نارگیل را میدهد و بعضی بعد از بو کردن یاد آن میافتند ولی در کل کار جالبیه

DallasQT19822007
DallasQT19822007

Marc, Marc, Marc....you have really outdone yourself this time. I am so in love with this cologne and think that the design of the bottle is genius...since I don't recall it ever being done before. Now, about this claim of provocative advertisement...I DON'T THINK SO! I love the pics of you on the advertisement posters and am in search of a place to order them from to decorate one of my bathrooms. Armani got one bathroom and Mr. Marc Jacobs you are next. Seriously....I am very pleased with this product as well as your advertising and marketing teams abilities....I LOVE IT!!!

CKS
CKS

Well, this is terrible unfair. Because I tried today, in the airport stores, one of the most amazing fragrances I tried lately, and I was so sure is a feminine fragrance, in spite of the shape and color of the bottle. But no, men have to enjoy this one too :))))
I sincerely consider it unisex, and probably I will even purchase it very soon.
It is so soft, so sweet and so taught in the same time, so sexy and so wild, and on my skin turned into something calming and attractive.

Astektomas
Astektomas

Oh dear, oh dear...what an amazing combination of just few notes, very merry peppy and pepperry as no.1, then sweet and mossy woods at the heart, and finally long farewell
of exquisitely blended tones whispering this line in your ear: "goodnight, I'll sniff you tomorrow again." Oh dear..

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

A big blast of pepper attracted me very much to this scent. I like to try the occasional masculine. I sniffed it again after a few minutes and bang! it was gone. No middle or bottom notes to assess. Damn!

Printeza7
Printeza7

This perfume is just adorable! I bought it for my husband and I just can't believe how attractive the smell is.

There is a strong note of the elemi resin but in the same time a calming and warm woody touch.

Really passionate about the smell, it is strong therefore would not over-use it. My man smells and looks amazing when he wears the scent. I am in love with this distinctive fragrance 10 out of 10 for me!

guest_Hernan
guest_Hernan

It is not woody, spicy, peppery... Bang is just PURE VETIVER ESSENTIAL OIL - go to India, buy a flask of pure "Khus" oil and you have Bang for less than a dollar. BTW, I love it!!

guest_BWhite5
guest_BWhite5

My boyfriend and I were Christmas shopping today and we came across this scent. He put it on and I fell in love with it. I love how masculine it smells and was quite a turn on.

Bang has a lot of pepper, and all this pepper is working for me.

It's nice to see a commercial release that's just that little bit different to the rest. Bang by Marc Jacobs is an intriguing, spicy and sexually demanding scent on a man, and I absolutely love it.

I don't mind the smell of pepper, but I can't say that this smells exactly like what you'd find on your dining table next to the salt. It's peppery, but also warm and balanced. The patchouli and benzoin compliments the scent, adding a creamy and masculine quality.

Bang has a smooth and lovely woodsy drydown, which is rather classy. I don't see why men can't wear this to a formal event, it seems perfect for it.

I actually love the bottle too, I think it's different and exciting. It really suits the scent. Modern yet edgy.

The longevity and the sillage are fairly strong, which is great. The peppery spiciness I get from this with the woodsy undertones gets more and more addictive everytime I smell it. Unfortunately I don't know many men whom this fragrance would suit. It has a very fashion-conscious metrosexual vibe to it.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Not bad but I prefer Terre d'Hermes or Dior Homme Sport, which are similar fragrances.
This one fades away in 10 minutes. Poor quality maybe..

marioslg
marioslg

the best creation in 2010. it is unique although reminds me encre noir by lalique. it is spicy, woody and very mystery. a masculine creation that is about to sell between the ages 30-50.

michelle_belle_de_jour
michelle_belle_de_jour

I really wanted to like this but after smelling this scent I was very disappointed. The scent is really peppery and a bit too overpowering for my taste. The latest MJ scents have not been my favorites.

c3c

Bang is indeed about pepper. The opening notes made me crave peppercorn steak. True freshly sprinkled black pepper. Slowly it became pepper and tabacco. The woody notes have that flavor for me, Tom Ford quality tabacco. Then gradually the tabacco vibe became dominate. While I enjoy all parts of this cologne the drydown is the best. My problem with it? It makes me think of my dad. Older gentlemen with gray hair, charcoal gray suits and blue gray ties. This is not a young sexy scent to me and I definitely would prefer it on my dad than on my man. Otherwise it smells nice.

da_markos
da_markos

World of fragrance is weird. When i smelt this one it have bring to mind my first ever contact with Terre d'Hermes. All i smelt then was monster combo of pepper and sharpness. No rotten orange no woody notes...
After some try of Terre d'Hermes i've started to appreciate those perfume and feel different notes in it. But i still have in my mind so vivid impression of our first time - smell that shocked me!. I want it back - those weird, strong, appealing and repulsine in the same time scent!!! And one day -"bang". i found it.

To be honest - i'm not hudge fan of those pepper combo but i have to admit that it took me to another level of perfumes world. I was rookie "scentoholic" that days and all i already have met was pleasant, safe fragrance (like ck euphoria, lacoste essential). Terre d'Hermes showe me that there are different, also interesting ways... and now thanks to "Bang" i can go back to this intriguing trip.

P.S. of course big minus for longevity - after sharp top notes there is very weak woody scent

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

I actually sneezed from the amount of pepper..

ras294
ras294

Does anyone else find this fragrance to be a less fresh and weaker version of Burberry The Beat? Good spicy opening but on me it dries down to almost nothing in no time at all. I am a bigger fan of The Beat.

guest_James Ison
guest_James Ison

If you are one of the people who hated this cologne smell it on a person instead of a card. It's an entirely different beast.

BethAshley
BethAshley

The opening peeper notes are so strong I could almost keep this beside my salt shaker... Anyways, gorgeous bottle and nice, sweet, woodsy dry down. I was hoping for something that had a bit more "bang" but alas, it seems that the adventurous opening is just a red herring and this gorgeous bottle will only lead you to another mass marketed "blah" men's fragrance.

Got a sample of this from Macy's and thought it had some promise but after I sprayed it I wish I hadn't. Please stay away from this stuff if you care about the people around you. Seriously

guest_Muncho
guest_Muncho

This scent is amazing. The peppery start wears out quickly and leaves a really woody strong man's fragrance. I tried it on a lady colleague (sprayed on a piece of paper). She was so smitten that she took the paper sample away with her :)

However I am afraid its staying power is low - it wears off in just a couple of hours. I don't know why that is.

Bang smacks me with strong (but pleasant) pepper and cedar plank, but it would not turn one into a well-seasoned piece of meat. To me, it smells like a cologne version of Terre d'Hermes with extra pepper, or Burberry Beat with extra pepper, or the combination of all. It's peppery and cedar'y, and it becomes mossy and dried grassy at the base. Phew! I didn't get much of patchouli! MJ Bang is pretty good and I like it, especially love the bottle. I would definitely get one as soon as I find it at a reasonable price.

guest_Joseph
guest_Joseph

There comes a day in every middle aged mans' life when he knows that he is now just a bit too old for cologne. After seeing that advert with Marc naked and smelling the fragrance, I realise that day has come for me. And I think it's come for Marc as well.

Valentino
Valentino

Before I start, let me say that I feel the 'Bang' name, oversexualized advertising and avantgarde bottle are totally out of tune with this fragrance.

For me, Bang is a paragon of quiet masculine authority and understated elegance. I think I can hear you laughing! But once you get past that culinary blast of freshly milled peppercorns this becomes a minor classic.

There is a short-lived sweetness from the middle notes (I sometimes get cinnamon, sometimes nutmeg but neither are listed) and then it's very much like a Terre d'Hermes 'Light' from there on. Like Terre, this is a noble, arrid gentleman's frag, not as you may have thought, a greased-up psychotic playboy frag!

Anyway, it's just a shame they got this target audience so wrong. I hope that men of good taste will ignore the marketing and try this regardless. Just imagine Sam Shepard circa 1980 looking pensively across a wheatfield and a classic bottle shaped like a vintage Guerlain's!

lfmars98
lfmars98

This Bang is a dud. This reeks of black pepper and nothing else. Why would anyone want to smell like this?

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I find the campaign and the bottle and the name sexy as hell, to begin with.

Yep it's pepper.
Nothing but pepper.
Pepper all the way.
Meaning aphrodisiac, potentially classic and bravely unique.

Pepper in a work-of-art container.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

seabear
seabear

Don't care about the marketing gimmickery or the bottle. How does it hold up as a fragrance? I'm wearing a trial sample right now. So far, so good. Definitely stands out from the others I've tried lately. i'm likely to buy this.

airwatersun
airwatersun

about design of the bottle..
look up michael michalsky. both launched at the same time.
about design of the magazine add..
look up for tom ford add on the net.
so much stealing involved ;)

vertigo
vertigo

I don't like this concept.
The ad, the bottle ... so I was reserved towards Bang, but wanted to try it.

Darn! This stuff is amazing!
Take dry earthy vetiver from Encre Noire, smooth it with gentle aromatic resins and polish it with light woods, add some natural light in person of bright sparkling pepper ... and get a smartly composed, beautifully developing cold season fragrance.

No citrus or sweet notes? I'm delighted!
This is charismatic, picking you up in a way that you won't even notice you're quite obsessed with this modern, sharp as hell, not well-behaved but so seductive & charming man.
Well, not necessarily man...
Because next time I'm gonna test in on MY own skin.

...I'm heated.

lsantana
lsantana

I finally got around to smell Bang. HOLY nose killer. If you want to know what it smells like grab some vodka and grab the pepper out from the kitchen cabinets. Rub some vodka on your skin and dump the pepper right on top.... lots of pepper.... you can leave a mound on your skin, because that is exactly what this BANG is.... liquid PEPPER. 20% marketing + 80%pepper = Bang

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Open your spice cabinet .Take out the black pepper .Open the container and sniff.This is 85% of what Bang smells like to me -the other 15% is cedar/patchouli and maybe a touch of sweetness-benzoin.I like the fragrance and plan to purchase at least one bottle .(even though the advertising was not to my taste.)

tonni
tonni

Try it in the counter with tester,very spice and woody.

And the bottle...like the plastic rubbish...

guest_Dave K
guest_Dave K

I bought this cologne and like it. You all have to wait until this cologne is done drying down. Spray it on and wait 30 minutes and then make the judgment call on it. It changes a little once it has dried down. It dries down to a masculine woodiness and moss with a touch of spice/pepper. It gives off vibes of a young, energetic, and contemporary sophistication. I wear it to work (I sell luxury cars). I've gotten a couple compliments on it from older folks. I might not wear it on a date though, I'd want something smoother and less stimulating for a date.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Bang has a lot of similarities to Declaration, except Declaration gives you a more subtle punch. Bang doesn't give you any time to relax. Its just what it is, "Bang." I just found it's bang to be an unpleasant one. You would think it had cumin in it. Too much of that can be, not a head turner... but a head turned away. That is some bottle though. Just wish it were filled with something more tolerable.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This smells similar to Matthew Williamsons 'Incense' which I love. I tried this one on today as on the strip it definately seemed unisex to me; however, in the long run it suffered, as most male fragrances do, from a cheaper smelling drydown which has a whiff of the usual fougere about it, I would rather it headed into spice territory after the promising start. This is the most original mass-market masculine I've smelt in ages though - I like its direction but it needs a little tweaking to get close to my fave 'Le Male'
I must add that the bottle is rather un-ergonomic!

This is by far one of the best male fragrances I have smelled in a long time. I guess by the reviews I must be of a different opinion. I personally am tired of the nauseating, smack you up side the head smells of citrus and water. They give me a head ache. This cologne smells wonderful on both of my sons. It seems to morph into their personalities. On one the smell is right there in your face, which He is but not to the point where you want him to go away. More like here I am, but you want him to stay. On my other son it is very smooth and soft which he is, a cuddly smell. I can,t wait to smell this on my husband and see what personality his takes.

4xxx4
4xxx4

wtf is this?!!!!??? this is definetely just a mix copy of terre d hermes and prada infusion homme...damned..why MJ?

danimcneil
danimcneil

Very very spicey..this was my first impression. Also my second and third impression. The problem is that with bang, there is a lot of spice with no flavor. There is no "roundness". Dusty spices. I do have to say that bang is different and quite unique. I think some men could pull it off. I also think that maybe I didnt give this enough time to develope. So I may try it again. But there you go for my first, second and third impressions!

fallingin28
fallingin28

Looking for a new scent for my guy, The quick test on paper I didn't like it. Smelt like a spice rack to me. Very heavy and oregano scented. No thanks.

giacomo
giacomo

This was supposed to be a BANG fragrance!?
Now they come out with a modification of Samarcande by Hermes, a sort of Terre d'Hermes with some pepper on top.
Not very creative! And why do they mention Mrs. Gottlieb and not the perfumer or perfum house??
This fragrance certainly does not deserve that name!

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

The advertising is vile, the bottle looks like something from the back of Wesley Pegden's workshop. Had I not caught a little whiff of it on the air, I would have walked by. But wait *sniffs the air* is that 1977 I smell?
There were two shops in Newcastle at that time called Fynd, and The Little Shop. Both smelled like this. Of Indian spice markets, (that'd be the patchouli), of Greek men smoking under a tree in the morning (that'd be the Vetiver, sooooo sexy) and of that mossy bank in Sherwood Forest where Maid Marian lost her virtue. Heavens to betsy, it's Robin Hood, complete with the original TV arrow and trumpet fanfare! Most men smell of pepper and coriander in their natural state, and this juice is the perfect spotlight. Throw a nice suede or leather jacket into the mix and it's pleasure city. Please, ditch the horrid bottle and advertising, and give it the sexy something it truly deserves. Might I suggest David Essex in his "Tarmac Your Drive For a Tenner Guv/All The Fun Of The Fair" persona? It's a bit gypsy, and you can just imagine him giving you a good old spin on the fairground Waltzer.

FINALLY...a second fragrance from Marc Jacobs. I really don't know why someone would compare the ad for this to Tom Ford for Men, that ad had a flacon over a WOMAN'S genital area and it was a close up of only that area...this has Marc in all his newfound glory(he used to be quite dumpy with a curly helmet of hair and glasses and wore baggy sweat pants to his own fashion shows) on a metallic sheet(echoing the flacon) and he's covering his maleness with the bottle. The name and the image are meant to make an impact (and from the reviews here, it had the desired effect!). The bald man someone thought he was was most likely Michael Stipe in an ad taken in a bathroom wearing MJ jeans and shirt...

I waited to try this when I was given the sample spray but was quite intrigued by the smell on others around me(I did not want to mix it with Givenchy's Gentleman)and tried it the next day. This is everything his first male scent wasn't. The blend of peppercorns in the top are reminiscient of 5 pepper blend freshly grated. The woody heart comes on strong and the base is absolutely stunning...the elemi and benzoin create a slightly vanillic resinous haze that is grounded by the earthy combination of vetiver's green dryness, patchouli's dirty sweetness and the oakmoss' loamy sharpness. As this dries on the skin all the levels of development seem to blend-the spicy woodiness and the incensy earthiness is what I can only describe as super sexy and ultramascline! This is not a powerhouse fragrance but it is powerful in the way that pheremones are powerful. You smell it and you may not know why but you are strangely drawn to it even though it may register at first as "too much"...

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.25/5

When I first received the PR on this, despite the notes listed, I expected it to have a modern or metallic sheen to its scent but it did not and I'm glad. I am hoping this is the first in a series of woody/spicy/earthy mens scent trend, not copies of older scents but modern interpretations that aren't aquatic, transparent or citrusy...

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Love this cologne and I can't wait til' it hits bloomies topurchase on July 31, 2010! They had tester spritzers so I was able to smell it. It smells like a spicy, minty scent and it lasted quite a while on my skin. I'll give a full review when I get it :)

c3c

From the notes I'm not sure you have to worry about it being to feminine. I am curious about the combination though. That's a lot of very masculine notes and a great deal of pepper.

And wow! I have to comment because I don't know why but always kinda visualized Marc Jacobs as a 50 something guy with a "hair halo" closely trimmed and gray, much like Jean-Luc Picard but with a rounder head. Boy was I wrong!

Lance
Lance

This must be so good with these notes! I hope it's not too feminine like Marc Jacobs Men.
Love the bottle design, and the ad also, Marc looks great :))

jonnyboy81
jonnyboy81

I notice this seems to be the new style with mens cologne. Pepper and no citrus. The new D&G's The One and the Hugo Boss Bottled Night are doing the same thing. I like the idea. Take is old school to the spicy scents of the 70's and early 80's. Can't wait until this one comes out.

AmazonGrace
AmazonGrace

I would definitely like to know how this smells on a man, of course: would be different on each man. I'm wondering if it's going to be a loud, in-your-face scent? The name brings to mind...well, what's in a fragrance name, really? It's about marketing, PR, appealing to a target audience. Would be akin to judging a book by it's cover.

Yes, jonr951..."Fun and crazy name" it is! That name, that word is a slang term in my country. I believe it's very akin to what the Brits say as Shag. So yes, I suppose the name could be even more eccentric now that I think about it. (I need to stop thinking so much).

Anyway...good for Marc Jacobs, and about time for a men's release, too. I hope it's a good one for the guys....

jonr951
jonr951

I LOVE MARC JACOBS!!! Hes my absolute favorite designer!! Ive been dying for him to come out w/ a new mens scent!!! I cant believe its been 10 yrs since the original! The original is wonderful!! Bang is gonna be wonderful!! It sounds amazing!!! And what a fun & crazy name and bottle!! Marc Jacobs is BRILLIANT!! I CANT WAIT!!! This is and will be the most exciting release of the yr for me!!! BANG BANG!!! Were BEAUTIFUL & DIRTY RICH!!! LOL!! : )

Bang by Marc Jacobs 3.44 out of 5 based on 646 ratings and 172 user reviews

Marc Jacobs Bang Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Zappos.com
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs BANG 3.4 oz. EDT Spray No Color - Beauty
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs BANG 3.4 oz. EDT Spray No Color - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Bang fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Bang, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bang by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bang by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.