Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Daisy Black Edition Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

I have it: 295 I had it: 108 I want it: 339 My signature: 14

ozonic

Daisy Black Edition is a luxury edition of the perfume Daisy, the formula remains the same. The fragrance is available in the 50ml black bottle with the golden stopper.
The creator is Alberto Morillas. Daisy Black Edition was launched in 2008.

Blood Grapefruit Violet Leaf Wild Strawberry

Daisy Pop Art Edition

Daisy Black Edition Fragrance Reviews

Treacherous
Treacherous

This is a very safe fragrance, a great every day perfume to wear. This smells exactly the same as the EDT but just lasts a little longer. Daisy is very pretty, fresh and light, a classic.

Lisa290872

For those of you who love Daisy Eau de Toilette but find it doesn't last very long, this is the fragrance for you. Smells exactly like the original daisy but stronger! Daisy is my all time fave at the moment!

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

I love strawberries, but I sadly don't smell it anywhere in this fragrance. I do get some grapefruit in the opening, but it does not last long.

Gardenia, violet and jasmine... Oh, velveeeeety jasmine... not! I get lots of gardenia and some soft violet, which seem to be the theme of this fragrance.

As for the drydown - woody an musky. For me, this is an "early morning" fragrance, suitable for women who like to be "as fresh as a daisy" in spring/summer. Not too playful, not too serious either.

fiouu
fiouu

Hi! I Just called to say

WHAT ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT DAISY INTENSE? LOL
This is Good Ol' Daisy in a Black bottle with golden flowers.
Wake up y'all, if not sure search at MJ's website. This is Just Daisy in a different bottle.
Sorry if you purchased both.

AriaW
AriaW

It smells sparkling and sweet in an elegant way on my skin. I got a lot of compliments from guys ! It is not that sweet naughty girl scent, it is not heavy at all. It smells like a sophisticated young lady in a black little dress drinking champion at night. I also have daisy eau so fresh, but I like the black one far more than that.

Lisa290872

I really like this. A lovely pretty floral. However, my significant other doesn't like it. I have a showergel and body lotion so if anyone want site, message me. Gutted!

Hamano_Chiaki
Hamano_Chiaki

To my nose this is way better than the original: not because it smells much different from the original but because I can actually smell it on myself! The original is so weak on me but this one is perfect. I haven't compared this side by side with the original but as much as I can remember, they smell pretty much the same, this one is only stronger.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

Actually I do believe this is an EDP! Where the original is EDT.... so technically it could be better or have more lasting power because it has more "Juice" potency.

mintstar
mintstar

I'm cracking up at everyone going on about how much "better" this one is than the original. It is the exact same formulation put in a special edition bottle. I like this perfume, but it is not a favorite. Not one that makes me feel unique or special, but okay for day-to-day if you're running low on a favorite.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Very similar to Daisy, but a bit more mature. If you like the original, this is a nice alternative for evenings and nights.

Musselille
Musselille

I love this fragrance and only use it for special occations. Staying power is amazing! I know many think it has bad staying power, so I must be one of the lucky ones on this. I (and others) can smell this on me after 36 hours!

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

I like how everyone is going into all this detail about the differences between this 'scent' and the original, when the formula is EXACTLY the same. It even says so in the description. The only difference is the bottle.

cori.x
cori.x

i swear this is the lighter and fresher version of chanel chance tendre, it's just BEAUTIFUL! chanel chance tendre can be a little too heavy and heady, i like both!

LordD
LordD

I love it on paper, it really conjures up the image of daisies, wild flowers and grass. On my skin, however, it smells too fruity for my taste.

mkittygirl
mkittygirl

I enjoy Daisy Intense (black bottle) EDP, much better than Daisy EDT (clear bottle). Smells almost the same, but more pleasant and sweet to me. Doesn't have that strong alcohol smell when first sprayed. I feel the Violet Leaf is stronger in the black bottle than in the clear bottle and maybe that's why I like it better. It's a very feminine smell. Not an "expensive" smell, but not mall store "cheap". Smells common; not unique. Very pretty scent.
Does NOT last on me at least. I/friends can smell it on me for maybe about an hour, then it becomes a very skin close scent. Like you have to put nose to skin to smell it (which isn't bad with the right people). Lasts maybe 30 mins longer when used with the body lotion. Even when sprayed in hair it does not last more than an hour. But still a lovely scent.

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

Better than Daisy as although it might smell exactly the same, I like Daisy's scent and I found that Daisy was too weak even for an edt, so the edp is a big improvement. Even so, this only lasts 4-5 hours on me and the sillage is under-average, so I think if Marc Jacobs was more honest this would classed as an edt while Daisy would be a fraiche or something.

poojakale21
poojakale21

"Daisy" from Marc Jacobs for me is a perfect fragrance for working women, smart, confident and steady... pretty as well as snazzy, I love this perfume!!

firenginered
firenginered

Oh what a difference the edp version makes!!! I love daisy, but couldn't see paying the money for a scent that disappeared 10 minutes after application...Then I read about the black edition and tracked it down on eBay. Omg, I am so Happy I did!!! Beautiful, rich, clean floral smell that stays on me for about 4 hours. A huge improvement over the edt version. Yes, its worth the money, if you really love this scent. :)

azfiri
azfiri

so fresh and nic.... in love

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

I absolutely loved this perfume when I first inhaled it and needed to buy it. However, after a few weeks of usage I found myself using other perfumes more and found it to be very light, sillage disappointed me personally but I was never short on compliments when wearing it. I just like to be able to smell a perfume is all!

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

this is one of my fav perfumes to wear in the spring/summer but i often find myself wearing it in the fall and winter to brighten my mood. i swear i smell a hint of banana in this and i love that! it's very feminine and fresh without being too flowery if that makes any sense. i usually don't like perfumes that are described as floral woody musks,but this one is a hit!

tookiesmom
tookiesmom

Very nice. Better for spring/summer IMO. Long lasting in the EDP. My biggest complaint is how oily this is. Even a light spray on my skin leaves a greasy sheen. This probably adds to the lasting power but still annoying.

Jama4
Jama4

I enjoyed this perfume. The floral component was the most noticable on me and fairly long lasting. If you are into florals this scent is mainstream enough to wear everyday yet unique enough to become a signature scent.

My skin type: oily
Office Safe: no to strong
Potency: Medium (2-5 sprays)
Projection: 6 feet +
Longetivity: 8 hrs plus
Timing: any time of the year
Packaging: 9/10 I love the black and gold bottle...the only down side is that the bottle is so dark you can not see how much perfume is left in the bottle
Price: $77 for 50 ml at Shoppers Drug Mart

Will I Repurchase: No

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

Too bad the perfume in this isn't in the edt bottle; it fits better.

ktyhan
ktyhan

Fresh and innocent... very smooth and nicely blended... decent lasting power... adorable!

lady_jackieee
lady_jackieee

Fresh! Perfect for the summer heat.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

So this is just Daisy in a black bottle? I thought it was another version.

verzosa
verzosa

I've never smelt the EDT, but I must say this smells very generic to me. All I smell is a bunch of chemicals mixed with flowers.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Smells fruity fresh, the rest seems to disappear.
A nice scent, short longitivity but nice.

jolie.loh
jolie.loh

i like the edt bottle, but this scent is more lasting that the edt. too bad ;(

jellybeantree

I love this fragrance....it's fresh unique and fun, a little sexy, beautiful bottle!

jellybeantree

I really like this , my new spring fragrance? Could be!

Booogie
Booogie

To me, this smells identical to Daisy, only more intense. I sprayed this on when I was wearing a light gray shirt and there was a small, oily looking stain all day, which did wash out, just thought I'd put it out there for people who normally spray their clothes like I do.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Got this perfume today and I really like it :)
It's better than the original one.. This is a floral scent with twist of musk..and well balanced. glad it's not too sweet...

Miska
Miska

I was surprised that Daisy edp smells just like Dior J'adore. I expected something else, something fresh and clean. I don't like the bottle, because it looks cheap.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

Daisy was one of my crazy purchases done in a brief moment of being miles away. It is not one from my preferred olfactory groups but I liked the bottle, the overall image and I wanted to love the fragrance so much that I just had to have it.
Also the black bottle gave me the impression of something darker than the EDT, maybe a fresh perfume that could be used for evenings? I was so wrong though...
Daisy EDP is a nice, easy to wear everyday perfume, great for spring - summer - early autumn days when being out and about. Great to wear when you want to smell fresh, clean and not too perfume-y.
I am still relatively new to perfumes and my nose still requires a lot of training but all I can smell is something very green like freshly cut grass mixed with some earthy flowers.
Not very longlasting for an EDP but sillage is good while it lasts ( couple of hours only) and then it fades.
I like the scent, it is very relaxing to wear but far from making a statement and I find it to be hugely overpriced for what it is.

mrsB
mrsB

I prefere this EDP to the EDT as I think putting in the jasmine and not the violet leaves softens the fragrance without changing it's identity. It is the perfect perfume for long summer days

Siv55
Siv55

This smells exactly the same as Dior J'adore to me, unless I'm smelling them side by side, then Dior has the edge.

midhav
midhav

All i can say is that i wanted this for so long and now i finally got me a bottle and i LOVE the smell :)

Kiku
Kiku

This has the same lovely opening as the original Daisy: clean, clear, lightly sweet and a bit fruity. But when the heart kicks in it turns hot and dry, scorched and heavy. It reminded me of burned rice. The drydown is sharp. The bottle is stunning. The worst of all the Daisys.

caitlina
caitlina

My guy friend and I agree that this scent is great. I only smelled it in the store though, I have to get a bottle!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Is this not exactly the same formula as Daisy Original? At least that's what I'm getting here. My friend has this one, and side by side, Daisy Original(edt) and this Daisy Black Edition(edp) seem to be IDENTICAL. The ONLY difference is that Daisy Black seems to last a bit longer on the skin(hence the edt & edp). But other than that, there isn't even *1* note that sticks out more than the other in either compositions. A big waste of money & gimmick imo, especially considering how many different coloured bottles there are available.

stanfoz
stanfoz

lush!!!! didnt like the original daisy so never owned it. then one day i was chatting to someone who was wearing the black edition and asked what perfume she was wearing as she smelt so sexy! been addicted ever since. im in my 30s and must say i dont think this smell is as young as people are saying. to me its fresh at first but the smell that lasts for hours after is more of a fresh musky vanilla!! such an interesting smell i love it!! oh and lasting power is fantastic! i have a nose like a sniffer dog and so many perfumes even i cant smell hours later. but this is fab . one of my new favourites :-)
also love this bottle . much nicer than the original!!

MissRalux
MissRalux

I really like this perfume and i prefer it to the original Daisy as that one smelled too strong of alcohol and nothing else. This is a modern day, city girl kind of perfume and i like to wear it at the office.

truffles
truffles

Smelled this on my friend and thought it was gorgeous. Couldn't believe it was Daisy as I found the original one really sickening.
Had a spray of the Black and find it wearable. It puts me very much in mind of the original YSL Paris.
Having a look on here, they seem to be the same perfume in different bottles?
Hmmmm.... maybe my tastes have changed since last time I smelled it.

guest_Val
guest_Val

Mmmm lovely, modern, light fragrance! I love the 'fresh cut grass' scent...I think this scent is what Dior Miss Cherie wishes it could be

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

Yummy!!! I like the white bottle that it comes in better though. The black bottle just doesn't fit the sweet, feminine scent.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

I just love how well this is blended. sure if you try hard you can pick out the notes but really it gives a impression as a whole; which is some thing so pure and uplifting. I truly love Violette leaf as a note and this one has that more than Violette, thank goodness. The lightest white woods with whispers of the rest of the base notes warm just enough.
As for the bottle it has to be the most elegant from this line so far, and is a true joy to have in a collection.
Many mention that a daisy has no smell. But what this fragrance reminds me of is Chamomile flowers. In their resemblance to daisies as well as the fresh green and light smell they produce is very reminiscent of 'Daisy' to me ;)

AmberLove
AmberLove

Simply beautiful fragrance!!!Very light, clean and feminine. This is a very suitable scent for everyday wear and in particular for office. Its suitable for all seasons imo, but more for spring and summer!
Whats so special about it, is that the strawberry is well balanced with the other notes. Therefore its not too sweet smelling.I just love the violet in this.
I am a little disappointed with its lasting power on my skin, just a little.
Noticed that after a few hours had to reapply; for a MJ edp this is not 'done'.
But still I love this one!!!

guest_NickiDawson
guest_NickiDawson

This i have to say its one of the most beautiful fragrance ever young, sparkly, fresh, and sweet. I do have to say this reminds me of luscious pink by mariah carey because it so fresh and sparkly

Anahi
Anahi

Love this! Nicey put together, so it smells clean, playful and just puts you in a great mood. It smells just like the original just a tad more warmer. :)

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

This fragrance is crisp, playful and wonderful to wear. It really warms on the skin and becomes delicate and delicious. I can't stop sniffing it...highly addictive.

guest_elle
guest_elle

i love this one, it smells just like the origianl eau de toilette but last longer on my skin

eranaral
eranaral

Fresh, cold, green scent. Reminds me of DKNY be delicious except replace the tart green apple scent with more of a grasser scent, like tea. Lasts 6-8 hours on skin. Longer than the regular versions that smell exactly the same.

MoietToi
MoietToi

First my must say that I really like the bottle. It's abit edgy but still very feminime. Now I think that this is a slightly meek but still aboslutley lovley and delicate scent. To me it smells abit like strawberries,flowers and some kind of wood. But this is not a flirty and sophisticated strawberry scent. Like Miss Dior Cherie but it's a very innocent and clean one. But yet I can't buy it since it dosen't seem to suit my personality.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one actually is great. I only wonder if it's stronger or what than regular daisy. At first I didn't want to try it because I didn't like the ad and name for something. Now I must admit that name and the bottle is super cute as well as the fragrance inside.
At first there's definitely strawberry with 'daisy' smell- the jasmine and violets create this feeling. Following heart notes has strawberry too, but less stronger and jasmine is less stronger too.. there's more violet and jasmine. Very warm, casual and cute in my opinion, I like it and want to get one myself, only doubt - this one or regular? This seems to be a stronger version. I sprayed not much and the sillage and projection (I learned a new word :D)is very good on my wrist.
AS I wear it longer I like it better and better, now it seems light, fruity with vanilla as well. Yum! Fragrance for sunny summer days :D

siskakak
siskakak

I think this version is more stronger and long lasting...but is still feminine,sweet and beautiful scent!!!

I have had this perfume on my wishlist for a very long time now since smelling it on a tester card a few months ago. Today I decided to try it on my skin, and let's just say I was utterly disappointed.

Daisy EDP does not blend well with my skin chemistry at all, and ends up smelling like something reminiscent of play-dough. It was somewhat sickening and dirty smelling on me.

When I look back now, I can see why so many people love Daisy, yet I don't consider this fragrance unique or outstanding in any way. Marc Jacobs was actually playing it safe when this perfume was created. I can't deny that Daisy is a best-seller, being very popular amongst young women, yet I wonder how many people bought this fragrance because of the bottle design and the hype surrounding it.

zilia
zilia

I tested it yesterday for the first time and i like it very much. I didn't find the original Daisy perfume, but it doesn't matter. It slightly reminds me Dior J'adore, but more sweet. Very long lasting. And the bottle is piece of art.

guiwings
guiwings

oh this perfume is a tentation. Everyone of my friends adore it. Is a warm and seductive frangrance.

randik
randik

If you are a fan of the original, this version will come as no surprise to you. It is still the same wonderfully fresh scent. Oh, but the staying power is totally different! It stays for hours and hours... What is left after the top and middle notes of heavenly flowers have faded is a delicate musky-vanilla-gardenia mix.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

I totally don't smell the two scents... that's just me... I think I like the regular one more... maybe cuz it's cheaper

guest_Hana

One of the best perfumes in the world! Eveyone has commented on the smell to me

jeanol
jeanol

Had the original but gave it to my daughter and bought this one; much stronger yet still the same, love it's prettiness; very feminine!

guest_Hana

It smells the same but is slightly stronger

Daisy Black Edition by Marc Jacobs 4.22 out of 5 based on 396 ratings and 65 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Daisy Black Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Daisy Black Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Daisy Black Edition by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Daisy Black Edition by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.