Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Dot Marc Jacobs for women

tropical
coconut
Dot Marc Jacobs for women Videos
Dot Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Dot Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Dot Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Dot Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Dot Marc Jacobs for women Pictures

Marc Jacobs is launching a new fragrance this spring – its name is Marc Jacobs Dot. The new fragrance continues the cheerful game of petals decorated by modern and characteristic flacons of the Jacobs collection. Polka dots embellish red petals and a ball on the cap, which looks like ladybug in the heart of a flower.

The fragrance has been introduced in March 2012 and will be available in 30, 50 and 100ml EDP flacons, along with perfumed body care products. The composition has been announced as floral-fruity, surrounded with exotic notes of coconut and wrapped in soft vanilla embrace.

Top notes of the new fragrance DOT incorporate red berries combined with pitaya fruit, known also as dragon fruit. The juicy and exciting opening is followed by a floral trio composed of honeysuckle, jasmine and orange blossom, while a base closes with a trail of coconut water, vanilla, driftwood and sensual musk. The flacon is made of red glass and decorated with flowers and golden plate with inscribed name of the fragrance and of the brand Dot was created by Annie Buzantian and Ann Gottlieb.

Honeysuckle Red Berries Pitahaya

Jasmine Orange Blossom Coconut

Driftwood Vanilla Musk

Honey

Dot Fragrance Reviews

summer05
summer05

I am a typical floral fruity scent lover. This perfume is so fun and girly. It is a mature version of Ralph and Be Delicious , with a gentle touch of red berries, and a balanced mixture of jasmine as well as other other floral scents. I JUST love it so much and I will definitely buy one.

shivabglr
shivabglr

the bottle is of course a cutie,

looking at the notes I thought this would smell good,

when I put it on, it was instant love for me and after a couple of wearings, it got me completely hooked,

it's not necessarily girly,
but it's definitely musky, feminine, and very fruity and juicy,

the sillage and longevity must be great, coz people asked me what perfume I was wearing even after 5-6 hours

there's only some strange note in the opening which smells unfamiliar to me, it could be that pitahaya

it reminds me of Versace Bright Crystal, only muskier and fruitier

if you smell it directly on the skin (which is never the right thing to do) you might think it smells like shampoo or bubblegum,

but the whiffs you get and the trail it leaves behind, smell extremely feminine and seductive,

I put away Narciso For Her EDP for this! just because this one is more fun and less serious,

I think this is what I'm hopefully gonna wear on my wedding! lol

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

Youre basically paying for packaging, its super unoriginal and generic. Doesnt have silage or longevity at all. It smells like shampoo, dragon fruit and musk.. Very disappointed. You're better off purchasing a body spray from B&BW or her sister 'Honey'.

jtblonde66
jtblonde66

Everyone's chemistry is different. All other Marc Jacobs scents smell horrible on me. Daisy smells like Mr. Clean on me. Dot smells amazing on me. Go figure. This is a definite addition to my summer fragrance collection.

dezaval
dezaval

It's an OK frag, but nothing special IMO. I believe Marc Jacobs has better frags to show, like Marc Jacobs for women. Plus it doesn't last long. Nice try, though.

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

for this prize nothing special, lots of fruits, but nothing significant, only one more in a line of fresh fruity`s... and the bottle is just too mutch:-(

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

I eat red dragon fruit everyday and I was surprised to see a perfume with dragon fruit note in it but I sure am curious. Not sure what to expect. And adding dragon fruit with coconut? I don't particularly enjoy the smell of coconut or its water (and I live in tropical country) but will it work this time?

I bought the mini of this perfume purely because of the bottle. Though I don't like it very much, the bottle is quite unique and in case I changed my mind, I better buy it. (After a month, I'm still not fond the bottle *sigh*) And when I finally sniffed it..and sniffed it. I was confused. I couldn't really distinctly smell both dragon fruit or coconut. It wasn't really sweet but kind of woody, makes me think more of the coconut shell (???). To me it didn't smell refreshing and instead, kind of heavy. Maybe my body chemistry? Or is it the weather? It was really hot that day.

It's not something I enjoy but I guess some people may like it. I wouldn't mind trying again in rainy weather.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

I tested it yesterday, well too fruity for my taste; it overwhelmed me the 1st hour but the drydown is warm due to driftwood and vanilla. The drydown reminded me of cool water davidoff even though i don't see a great similarity in the notes. The longevity is better on clothes, on my skin it lasted not more than an hour.
I think that the overall smell is like a cheap fruity perfume trying to be classy. I give it 5/10.

Simkitty181
Simkitty181

Gah...the moment I put this on my vanity it fell off and one of the wings broke... ;-;
...
...
who needs lids anyways...

On a different note (HAHA GET IT? I'm so punny)
I was a litte surprised at how generic this smelled, it's lovely but it felt like a crowd pleaser...
It's lovely, don't get me wrong!

It's red berries with a hint of something...exotic...which must be the Pitahaya, with a background of vanilla and coconut.

It has a veryyy similar background to honey, im still deciding which one i like more.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

I bought this the other day at chemist warehouse and got a 50 ml bottle for 40 aus dollars, I love this fragrance it's a mixture of berries and flowers and has a fresh and sweet twist to it which makes this lovely,plus I just adore the bottle with the cute ladybug design and it happens to be my favourite bottle design done by Marc Jacobs,I see myself wearing this a lot and will repurchase again.

mademoiselle04
mademoiselle04

Dot is a nice fruity perfume that can be used specially during the day, specially on spring and summer. It is not too sweet. Actually I can't perceive the coconut and vanilla. You don't have to apply a lot, only with a couple sprays is enough to last pretty long. I have received compliments from women with this one.

connieiscrazy
connieiscrazy

This is a truly unique perfume. It's sweet and fruity without being sickly, and I can smell some buttery undertones as well. Staying power and sillage are excellent; after around eight hours I could still smell this on me without even trying that hard. I also love the eye-catching and cute bottle.

dkny27
dkny27

POP OF FRUIT!!! Very delicious, but then again I am a sucker for fruity scents....
From an objective POV... I would say this scent is very copy cat, but not trying to cast anything negative to those who love this scent... It's easy to see why it is loved...
Fresh, young, fruity, light, flirtatious, fun in a bottle.... Nice to test out and try... Great for fruity, pop culture lovers....

Javi0005
Javi0005

I was going to buy this for my gf.
But I don't know.
The bottle is so cute I may keep it for myself.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This is a controversial fragrance, but since I tried it I can say I loved it. I also plan to buy this one soon, I had bought Honey last year from Strawberrynet, but this one I like it better, maybe because red is my favourite colour and the design is of course, unique. It's crisp, sweet and musky!

I don't understand Marc Jacob's perfumes. the first ones smelled just nice, nothing special but interesting. Daisy is still ok. Then, as usual for designer fragrances, they took a downslope into the banal-messy-cheaper quality. Maybe a designer whose clothes are not affordable for many people tries hard to pull younger crowds with sweet happy uncomplicated smells.
Dot has a funny amusing bottle and that's it.
The scent... the usual mess of chemicals named with natural stuff names. It's a mess in the beginning and never settles on both paper and my skin, but I can see how it may change on different chemistries.
No honeysuckle, no jasmine, no orange blossom.
Maybe only pitahaya and driftwood (sic), just because I don't know how they smell like and a hint of nice musk and vanillic notes.
It's not too disturbing, not really a safe one, but tamed enough so that if someone wears it in reasonable amounts it won't choke you.
This is a bottle I would give to a teeneager with a taste for nice bottles and attracted to generic sweet smelling perfumes. It should put her at ease, rather than wearing big complicated classics and if nothing else at least she will have a nice bottle to show or compliment her room.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Reall aqua di gioia, mint sugar spiciness. At first it's like escada, but then turns into more watery powdery spirit. Not natural smell.

sheri.patterson
sheri.patterson

Smells like Play-doh & cucumbers on me. :(

rc12
rc12

This will probably sound strange... I was experimenting with layering two perfumes that I didn't think could work together: I sprayed Dot and waited a while and then put Rebelle by Rihanna over it. Once they had both dried down the scent was similar to Vera Wang's Princess. How odd!

Marie76
Marie76

This has somehow grown on me. It opens with red fruits and citrus, the dry down on me is watermellon ( which I usually abhor) and coconut. I think it's that last note that saves the day somehow, making fun and unpretentious. It is not original or quirky as the bottle promises, but it does have something distinct about it. Good for teenagers.

christinavictory
christinavictory

I wore this every single day of my travels on Semester at Sea, and it is the absolute perfect scent for me. I know a lot of people are very disappointed with this fragrance, but I have never smelled anything like it, and there is no perfume that fits me better. This perfume embodies everything about the woman I want to be. Vivacious, free-spirited, unique, gentle, feminine, adventurous, and charismatic. I imagine this to be worn by a carefree, seasoned traveler who is happiest when exploring far away lands and immersing themselves in other cultures, which is who I am and who I want to be. (Which granted, I may associate this with traveling and adventures because I mainly wore it while I was traveling the world) Though this strikes me primarily as a "day" scent, I do wear it both day and night. It is light and invigorating, yet still noticeable. This is my absolute favorite. I cannot say that enough. I have almost used up my first bottle (I have about one more wear and then it's gone), the one that traveled the world with me. I was practically devastated and went on a buying spree trying to find something to replace it, and while I love everything I have gotten recently, nothing but Dot can satisfy me. I finally went and ordered myself a full size bottle on ebay. I couldn't be happier knowing that my baby is on its way. I think I've now made this my ACTUAL signature. I will mourn the day I have to go without this in my collection.

The ONLY bad things I have to say about this are that it does not last as long as I would like, it's pretty pricey, and it's pretty breakable. I have managed to break the black wing off the big cap and the little butterfly wing off the 1oz cap.....I've glued them back together, but you know... But, I'm willing to overlook all 3 of these things (though I may end up buying the 1 oz, and then using that and transferring the lid to whichever one I'm using, after it is gone, of course) because I LOVE the scent so very very much. It's what my soul smells like.

I guess it must be obvious to absolutely EVERYONE that Dot an I were made for one another, because EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I go shopping for perfume in a store, since the first day this came out, when I tell the people at the perfume counter my preferences and what I am looking for (a sparkling, light, tropical, fresh, fruity floral, they always, always, ALWAYS point me to Dot, and every time I take a perfume selector test (which they have, idk what they are called), it ALWAYS suggests I try Dot. I guess it was just a match made in perfume Heaven. I can honestly say that this is the first (and if I'm really, truly honest, only) perfume I've ever really, truly fallen in love with. There are many that I love, but none like Dot.

Also, as far as similarities go, I do think that this is somewhat similar to Marc Jacobs Honey. That being said, I've seen a few people who are really angry about this comparison, perhaps because they don't quite understand that similar does not mean the same. They are very different fragrances in a lot of ways, but I think that you can smell the two and know that they are related. They are at the very least cousins, maybe even sisters. Though they have very different notes, I think they give off a similar happy, sunny, carefree vibe. I do prefer Dot, because I feel like it has an exotic/adventurous side that Honey doesn't. Dot is the more adventurous sister, the traveler, bolder, perhaps with darker coloration and more exotic features. (Which again, may be because I associate this scent with my travels around the world, and May or may not have anything to do with the scent, but I must have had some reason to choose this scent for that purpose, right?) Honey is the sister baby sister who is still young enough to play games in the back yard and drink Hawaiian Punch and Tang. It smells like a child, to me. So, the two do have some similarities, but they are very different scents and Dot is much, much more mature.

I also think this is "similar" to Katy Perry Purr. The two do NOT smell exactly the same, by any means, but I feel like they are natural counterparts. Dot is the lighter, fresher, gentler, more daytime one and Purr is a bit darker, more dramatic, abrasive and suited for nights and winter. They are very different fragrances with a very similar feel. I think if you love one, you'll love the other.

Also, sorry this post is SO long. I just love it so much and I have a lot of words to express this.

pinkgnome
pinkgnome

It has been my signature scent since last autumn, it doesn't last that long on me, I apply in the morning I need to re-apply at lunch time but It is ok, as I like the scent at the application best :)

I hate the bottle design and colour. Can the lid be any bigger than that? Miniture version(1oz) has better looking bottle with less red involved, wish all were the same design as 1oz's.

SunnyGo93
SunnyGo93

HONESTLY, I HAVE A LOVE-HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS PERFUME!!
--------
Upon application, this fragrance is sweet, and yes, it is bubblegum or cotton candy sweet. It's a very nice spring/summer sunny morning time perfume, and the bottle is ah-dorable!!!

The red berries is very dominant in the fragrance, but you can smell the coconut. And the other notes are mixed in so well I am not able to distinguish one note from the other.

I imagine sitting in the park drinking tropical punch when I wear this...??? It really makes the wearer feel so pretty and girly!

Quarantine
Quarantine

A lot of people seem bitterly disappointed with this fragrance, but I think it's lovely. The bottle is fun-loving, young and playful, a lot like the fresh fruity floral perfume itself. It isn't a fragrance which reaches out and draws you in with some sort of unique wow power, which perhaps is why people are so disappointed after being wowed with the unique bottle design, but it is a beautifully crafted classy blend of fresh, juicy fruits (loving the dragon fruit note!), soft creamy vanilla musks and light florals. It isn't a stand out signature sort of fragrance, but a definite crowd pleaser and perfect for light daytime wear or summer evenings. I have smelt cheaper fragrances which are similar to this, but there is something about a Marc Jacobs fragrance that makes it more superior and beautiful. A really lovely perfume.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

The bottle is very cute but the fragrance is very generic to me. I have smelled this before and cannot for the life of me figure out which one it is. It's one of those scents that is very common and easy to replicate. That's just not my thing.

I appreciate the scent though, it's a very nice fruity fragrance with a hint of warmth. A very spring/summer scent. The longevity on this is poor. It lasts about 3 hours before it vanishes. I expect a designer fragrance to last more than 3 hours for the price. I don't detect any of the driftwood in it or musk. I just smell the fruits and a subtle warm scent that I think is the coconut. It's very subtle and mixed though.

I wouldn't waste money on this, it's just too common a fragrance to spend $$ on.

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

It's funny how I can somehow take personal offense when someone calls this perfume cheap or immature. I am 31 years old and this is one of my most favorite scents ever. I absolutely love the red berries in this. Makes me keep smelling myself. If you think that fruity scents are immature, than I dare you to come stand next to me while I'm wearing it. It's not like it's cotton candy scented or something like that. It's delicious. I just can't say enough about it. The only thing I would change about this is the sillage. I'd love to be up everyone's nose when I wear this perfume. ;) The bottles is too cute, too.

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

Just got this gift set on yesterday and LOVE IT....

Elviel
Elviel

Sugary, fruity, slightly lemony jasmine, and a good dash of vanilla.

This perfume is non-existant on the back of my very dry hand but projects well from my forearm.

An informal perfume with a little furniture polish waxiness; trying hard to stretch my imagination to get the driftwood note I pick up a little green note instead.

On me the sillage is quite a different smell to that up close. Smelling my skin closely there is more jasmine.

I rather like the bottle as it reminds me of a ladybird - but this is definitely not a bugspray and as the fruit wears off it leaves me with a summery warm skin floral.

It is rather expensive though for what it is.

Carded eau de parfum sample circa December 2012

STARISH
STARISH

It smells cheap.
I bought a sampler to try it and I disliked it. Is too generic. You can fnd this smell in any girly-sweet perfume on the supermarket, is too childish, maybe for girls under 10.

kay0981
kay0981

Dot is a charming, girly, floral-fruity composition. It upholds the Marc Jacobs family signature of simple, bright and happy fragrances, but still maintains its own distinctive personality, which makes it very recognisable. Sweeter than Daisy, and fruitier than Lola, Dot offers a colourful palette of tropical accords, which include kiwi (although not listed, to me, it's very pronounced) and delicious dragonfruit, bathed in sugary coconut water. It's a light and fruity scent; a little airy, a little watery, and very easy to wear. The drydown smells soft and milky, with fruity and musky undertones. The composition is brightened up with floral accents of honeysuckle and jasmine, which add more depth and delicious creaminess.

The projection and lasting power are relatively strong – about five to six hours on skin. The retro polka dot bottle is just the most gorgeous thing ever, and will brighten up any collection. It's frivolous and cheesy, but without being cheap or tacky. It actually looks a lot better in real life than in the advertised picture – it's a well made, sturdy build, which unfortunately, might be a little impractical, but I'd say it's worth it just for the gorgeous design!

I really enjoy this fragrance, but it is not the next big thing. It is not a groundbreaking scent which will redefine the art of perfumery. But does every fragrance need to be breathtaking and unique, just to be enjoyed? Absolutely not! Dot is not trying to be much; it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's just a very likeable, approachable, sweet and charming perfume, with a lovely tropical vibe. I really like all of Marc Jacobs' creations – they are all so girly, cheeky, carefree and happy. And what some would call generic and predictable, I call a very effective formula that works for me every time. So whenever there is a new Marc Jacobs release – I know that I am not about to discover the next modern classic; but a light, youthful and enjoyable fragrance, which is bound to put a smile on my face! :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Simple fruity scent with a touch of sweetness. It has poor longevity and sillage.
Not disgusting or overpowering, but too boring. There is nothing there, only the interesting looking bottle which was actually quite uncomfortable to open.
It would be suitable for a celebrity scent, but stays in the shade compared to most designer fragrances.
It seems to me that it's overrated.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Not going to offend anyone really - but you'll smell like a teenager. Not sweet enough to be yummy, and nothing else to make it interesting.
The only Marc Jacobs perfumes worth buying are Daisy and Bang.

marcello19
marcello19

Recently got my 100ml of it. The bottle is really cute, but not practical at all. The scent itself is amazing, I really like it. I think I'm going to wear this one during spring and summer. Longevity is not bad at all, and sillage is good too.

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

I bought this as the 50ml was a great price in the January sales. I had sprayed it in the shop before buying to check I liked it. When I got home I decided to wear it for the first time. I found the scent changed on my skin and it smelt a sickly. I left it a few weeks and decided to try it again before I gave it to my sister and I sprayed a lot less the second time around. I found that it didn't smell sickly and it grew on me. Personally when I wear this fragrance a small amount is the best for me!

misscherie07
misscherie07

it's a perfect blend it smells fruitty and floral you can definitely smell exotic fruits and jasmin.

nightcat23
nightcat23

For what it is, this perfume is insanely, obscenely expensive! Right now on Strawberry Net I see it's being advertised for over $80 for just 30ml/1oz! That's crazy considering it's not groundbreaking and doesn't last long. I scored a 10ml mini for $10, I wouldn't have gotten it if had been priced more than that.

It's not a terrible scent, quite pleasant and the miniature bottle is cute. I can smell the dragon fruit and soft red berries with a touch of coconut. I also get a strange "green note." But I could never justify forking out almost $120 for a 100ml.

HollyBiani

Red berries, PITAHAYA and Jasmine were prominent. It smells like a tropical scent mixed with freshness and a unique vanilla. Maybe that is the coconut smell? Ann Gottlieb collaborated on this scent along with Calvin Klein secret obsession, making another great scent.

Dee5
Dee5

OMG, I love! I've had it on for 3 hours and I can still smell it. Smells like coconut and something else I can't put my finger on. It is a beautiful fragrance. A must have for me!

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I really loved this perfume when I smelled it in the store so I brought a sample home. It's totally forgettable, as everyone else is saying. Very fruity.....I too detectable some green apple. Slightly powdery, but definitely more fruity than anything. I didn't smell ANY of the notes listed. I have Gucci flora gorgeous gardenia, which is heavy in red berries, and this did not smell at all like that. No vanilla or coconut for me either. After 5 minutes I couldn't smell it anymore.....my husband could though, so I know it didn't wear away that fast. I love the look of the bottle, so I just wish I had fallen in love with this instead of thinking it's just ok.

BrittneyN
BrittneyN

I ended up giving this away. It is a very pretty scent but it last all of about 20 minutes! I find Marc Jacob perfumes all have very poor longevity. The bottles are adorable, but I will not be purchasing from this house again, not worth the price I paid for it.

Allydefleur
Allydefleur

Fell in love at first sniff. Marc Jacobs Dot has everything I love in a perfume~ fruity, floral, fresh, feminine & not too over powering. Not to mention the super cute bottle! I also love Oh Lola but this is definitely a signature scent for me.

bets
bets

I love it. It's by far the best of the MJ perfumes.

rissa551
rissa551

Got this perfume for my birthday from a fried. I can't say the best thing I've smelled, far from it. But it's not half bad. There's a woody musk behind the flowers and berries that's really strong on my skin. For some reason, the blending of Dot seems a bit off too. When I first spray it on, it's so strong that I feel like I just walked up to the perfume counter and it sometimes gives me a bad headache. It's not bad, but definitely not unique or worth the price.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

I LOVED THE BOTTLE AND IT STOPS THERE!THIS WAS THE STROGEST PERFUME EVER .I HATED IT.I RETURNED.IT WASNT WORTH THE PRICETAG JUST TOO LOOK AT THE BOTTLE.FLORAL OVER KILL.

Lavender Child
Lavender Child

There's no such thing as fixing noses, and well, I'm glad for that, but I don't like this. The marketing people have done a good job for this, the bottles stand out (not my style, but I'll give it a go) and there I was, trying to wear this, and all I got was artificial sweetener with berries.
This may be dark and mysterious for a very unexperienced person.
Dragonfruit and Driftwood? Are you trying very hard yet, Mister MJ? How 'bout getting to the heart of why the Jasmine smells so cheap in this? I can't get over the driftwood note.

kat1145
kat1145

I love this perfume! Definitely not something I'd wear on a daily basis, but it's a very sexy scent. Great for date night though! It's very strong, but it's also very mysterious and almost dark? Feminine, sexy, floral, with just the slightest hint of sweetness. Overall, a beautiful perfume!

pravda48
pravda48

Oh goodness, this is so unexpectedly YUMMY to me! :D
My nose is intrigued by a note I don't know; dragonfruit and driftwood, I'm guessing. Also usually I really dislike the 'red berry' note (see my other reviews lol, I've been at vendetta with it) but somehow red berry + coconut + honeysuckle is melding into this lovely single scent of creamy beauty. I really don't think this smells like Cool Water much at all. I haven't smelled Honey but there's no note of honey in it to my nose at all, just that lovely honeysuckle dancing about.

Mmmm... maybe fb this

EDIT: I did FB it, and it's so fun and fruity. It's got a tiny tinge of a saltiness to it which is what I'm calling driftwood. The longevity issues don't happen w/ me, which is funny since my skin is -drinking- perfumes in the cold weather (winter). Try applying more (close up! don't mist and walk through, you're missing most of the spray) and then wait for it to dry (10 min) and apply another coat. Should stick around most of the day! :)

P.S. Got complimented a few times in first 2 hours I wore it *thumbs up*

AmoreProfumi

Ima say this cuz I really d/c but I really don't understand why so many people agree that this smells like Honey, ya'lls noses broke or something, I wish I could say no 175 times just to delete that, cuz I love Dot, but I think Honey just plain stinks && the comparison b/t the two is just NO! I can deff tell the difference b/t them...&& then comparing this to Cool Water?!! really?!!...Cool waters pungent Aquatic && heavy on citrus && melon...this is fruity && sweet with berries && coconut I work in perfume && I'm comparing this side by side on scent strips && they smell nothing alike, I repeat NOTHING alike! I wish I could say no 32 times for that!...Please if anyone is interested in this scent please do not listen or go off what people are thinking this reminds them of b/c Dot is unique && does not smell anything like either of those...SMH get your noses fixed people please!!!

sorak-kara
sorak-kara

An easy, sweet and clean scent. Chipper and young feeling.
When I sampled it on a card, there was the most lovely jasmine that was clearly evident, and balanced the sweeter notes wonderfully! After several tests on my skin, that jasmine beauty is nowhere to be found.
Without the Jasmine, I found it not much different from other sweet and clean scents, so I lost interest in it. Really a bit disappointed, but that is my chemistry...if only I were made of paper...

jessem
jessem

At first sniff, I thought this was one of those sickening, fruity sweet scents, but it turns into a cheerful, clean scent almost instantly. The coconut is subtle, but it gives it that softness that compliments the sour berries. Non-offensive and clean without being cool or watery. For me, this scent is a little warm. So many clean, white flower scents nauseate me with their sweetness. In this one the sweetness comes from subtle coconut that gently carries the scent. I'd wear it during the day and maybe on Summer nights.

katty182
katty182

Such an ugly bottle but me an my mum love the smell but hate the bottle and so pricey! Such nice smell fruity and florals and I smell peach or something!

Nice fragrance, sweet, a bit exotic, but mostly floral. Unfortunately, it has poor longevity on my skin, or maybe it is too soft to me. Pity, pity, pity, cause the bottle is totally great, such a beautiful piece of art!

yvashche
yvashche

I was at the mall with my sister (who is 18) and after we came out of Sephora, where we smelled a million different synthetic smells, I kept smelling something pleasant. It turns out she had sprayed herself with Dot and it was smelling so good that I was shocked to learn what it was! Ugly bottle but a nice smell.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i love the opening. it smells fruity and fresh. then just as i go to smell it again it is gone. it is replaced by a generic white floral jasmine note. i dont get any coconut. i do however get the orange blossom i there, but it kinda smells fake. like cleaning solution orange. i also get musk. while nice, this isnt exactly a stand out perfume. i think this would be a great everyday perfume for an 18 yr old. maybe an okay for a 30 yr old stay at home mom. i think its a little plain for business casual or professional. i think more suited for spring because on me its a cold fragrance and i dont get coconut.

Sannee77
Sannee77

I really don't have any luck with Marc Jacobs fragrances... Lola gave me a migraine attack, my Daisy bottle was lost in the mail, and unfortunately Dot turned out a scrubber for me.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous, one of the prettiest I've seen, and I really wanted to like the fragrance. And the notes sounded really promising, red berries, orange blossom, coconut and vanilla, it all sounds really good. But all I get is the pitahaya... And a really chemical pitahaya as well. No vanilla, no orange blossom, no berries, no coconut. I almost couldn't stand being near myself after applying it. Yuck!

Such a pity...

FalinPerth
FalinPerth

For me, it starts with a bust of sweet fruits, but then quickly settles into a jasmine-heavy white floral backed by clean musk.  On me there is absolutely no neroli, and I don’t get much coconut or vanilla either.  The musk is very clean, nothing animalistic about it.  The scent is mostly linear after the first few minutes.  I concur with the review calling the scent “generic”.  That having been said, it’s a nice enough white floral-musk.  Not at all offensive, lasts long, nice sillage.  I would feel safe giving it as a gift.

The bottle is fun, but the juice just doesn’t work for me.

I’ve only tested this directly on my skin and I have very dry skin that can dramatically affect more volatile (lightweight) notes if not well fixed by heavier bases.  Thus, as always, your skin chemistry will likely vary…

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

This is a beautiful scent. I was meant to be buying a bottle of Daisy when I walked away with this instead. It is rather potent so you dont need alot, I got the 30ml bottle & I see this lasting a good while. I personally get a very dark and senual feeling with this one. I remember when I first got it saying that I just wanted to roll around in bed by myself with a silk nightie & smell my wrist. Definately one for the evenings or cold days. Helps thatt he bottle is adorable as well.

Jelenaa
Jelenaa

I love this perfume. The ladybug bottle is very creative but also a bit freaky. I would recommend this perfume for younger women. It's just yummy and so fresh. One of my favourites! :)

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

This is just yummy! Lovely, fresh, for younger girls:)

jinjun
jinjun

Smells like Davidoff Cool Water, musk overload, very generic. Beautiful bottle, though.

Hazirah12
Hazirah12

This smells soo good on me! I'm usually am not a fan of floral fruity fragrance, I think this is the only floral perfume so far that i can tolerate on my skin. It's a very bright and cheerful scent, plus the cute bottle! Love it.

clare_alana
clare_alana

I sampled this little beauty today on a tester strip and I got a lot of apple from it, only to look on here to see there is no apple note listed. How crazy! It sort of reminded me of a lighter version of be Delicious but maybe I'm crazy ... ! In any case, the bottle is adorable, and this is a lovely fresh, crisp & sweet smelling perfume :D Not like anything I already have, but if I were going for something a little different to my general wardrobe, this one would be it.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Awh, this is such a cutie! Dot smells really fruity and soft. It actually smells very "friendly" to me ( that may sound a bit odd but it's just the way it feels for me) I think Dot would be a great gift as it isn't offensive at all. I usually think coconut smells pretty synthetic and not classy at all but MJ did a real good job. The red berries and pitaya made it a young and playful scent. How is anyone able to dislike this cute little ladybug?

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Wow, I have to agree with Lavallectra!! Just what I was going to write. To me it's got some berries in there but mainly I get a watery floral that smells kinda "meh". And I don't get vanilla or coconut, which I feel would have made it much nicer! This is something I won't wear again. It's so boring and typical. And I find the bottle horrendous. However if you like cutesy/cheesy stuff like that, and simple, watery florals with a little fruit, you might like this. Also the lasting power is really bad :(

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

This had a great opening of fresh dragonfruit and berries... then it developed into a watery-jasmine scent. I never got any coconut or vanilla. It's nice... but boring, I was expecting something much bolder. Still, it's a good inoffensive daytime scent great for spring and summer days relaxing in the shade.

krlamev
krlamev

I bought this fragrance because, well because the bottle =)), a blind buy. It's a "smell good" perfume, I cannot specificaly identify "RED berries" Smells like berries-fruit but ... sadly I cannot feel them clearly. Deff a fruity floral and at the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend you can feel the musk walking on its finger tips.

I would use it at daylight and why not, on the evening, but I think not for a formal or serious event (Unless you are teenager) of course the fragrance add is like: "let´s be playful as a ladybug, weeeh!" So obviously it's not for a glamorous evening or night out.

Yes to use at the office, is subtle enough to not sneak up -aggressively- on your co-workers nose or mess up with the other fragrances around.

About Longevity... I would say "long-enough" for me, Even tho if my day will continue after 5 p.m.(to 8 p.m.) in the afternoon I would re-apply it to feel the fruity scent again not just the subtle musk.

Ahh by the way... deff cannot feel any coconut O_o

At the end I think is a friendly-fragrance.

polkadot27

I still test it every month to see if it will grow on me, because i have an obsession with polka dots & all things dots but the fragrance is just boring and poor in all honesty nothing more can be said. It seems to much thought and design was put into the beautiful unique bottle whereas the fragrance inside has failed to match up to the quirky uniqueness of the bottle itself. It's disappointing really i wanted this to be my signature so bad as i loved the bottle and simplicity of the name.

AmoreProfumi

It's amazing how perfumes grow on you, I mean I only just liked this when I very first tested it, && now that I've revisited it I love it! to where I need a bottle I know its a big fruit bomb, but its just so fruit juicy good that I just need it all over me! I said let's give this another go so I did a spray on my neck before leaving my one job to go to the other && ah that's all I could smell && every time I caught whiff It just made me happy && say mmmm! I'm amazed @ how many compare this to honey...b/c I like Dot but do not like honey...well everyone does smell differently...but yes I soon will own this adorably cute bottle && tasty fun scent, what can I say fruit likes his fruit! :)

Scout
Scout

Oh I know it's ridiculously fruity and the bottle is over the top, but IMO it is incrediby unique, and I just HAD to have this the moment I got a whiff from a paper strip. Seriously, I was hounding my local stores about why the didn't have it in yet. My favorite of all the Jacobs to have come out in the past 5-ish years.
It's got a depth not present in the Lola's, and a sweetness not found in the Daisies. The orange blossom bursts forth on me, and it's like my blood is a cherry / orange creamsicle. I have never seen nor smelt a real Pitahaya, but I may just have to scout one out now that I see it as a note. This stuff is straight dope on me, 40-something be damned. You can pour the austere stuff on me when I'm dead!

ponnaki
ponnaki

I think that Marc Jacobs focused too much on looks than actuall smell. The only nice thing about this fragrance is the bottle.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

I adore this perfume, its deffo one of those 'sprits as you walk past it at the perfume counter' jobbies. Its so fresh and crisp yet fruity and soft. Hard to describe but really unique and gorgeous !!

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

I was excited to test this when I saw it had a coconut note because normally I love all things coconut/tropical. However the coconut note in this is odd, synthetic and gave me a headache. It reminded me of Harajuku lovers G, a synthetic dry coconut note. It was prominent enough that I wasn't able to enjoy any other notes. Not for me sadly.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I really smelled the berries when I first sprayed this perfume. After a bit, I mainly got strong notes of jasmine and didn't really notice the orange blossom or coconut at all. I was also expecting a bit of sweetness to arrive in the drydown as the vanilla came in, but that never happened. Dot is a fresh, spring and summer time perfume that is quite refreshing. I liked the scent, just not enough to go ahead and purchase a full size bottle

xVal
xVal

I tried this and I really want to buy it now!
It's very refreshing , floral notes are coming through, and at the same time it's very tropical. I don't know what that smell is but I guess it's pitahaya,I feel like the perfume contains water notes,coconut is not that noticeable on me, and I can't smell a lot of berries either. The perfume is not sweet at all!
In 2 words , tropical freshness, and it's very unique I smelled so many perfumes and never came across something even close to this.
5/5, good job Mr.Jacobs, my favourite perfume of your line!

Roxy66
Roxy66

Simply lovely.
But for the moment I just tried it on test strip. I absolutely want to try it on skin to see if it fits on me.

meugie
meugie

I can feel clearly the berries when I spray it. I have no ideia how the pitahaya smells, but next week I'm going to buy the fruit to taste. However, if it is in line with the berries, is lost. If it's different, is hidden.
Coconut just appeared about two or three minutes after application, very noticeable, with a slight musk in the background. Couldn’t feel the vanilla scent. The floral notes never stood out on my skin.
After half an hour, just got the musk and it happens to me a lot when I use so so perfumes which have that note.
The best moment is when the coconut appears. Lasts about 15 minutes and ends.
The packaging is adorable and fragrance is youthful. But nothing special.
I like the fragrance, but not loved. And the reason is that: currently, I know most interesting perfumes than this one.

Aeris
Aeris

Too much red berries.... and this is coming from someone who loves that particular note. I love the bottle and loved how it smelled on the test strip. Luckily I bought sample vials online first before committing. It just started to annoy me throughout the day and I wanted to wash it off. Maybe if the red berries mellowed out a little and had a little more depth from the floral notes would I have considered a full bottle. But it's just too much of a constant red berry fest going on for me. Oh well, back to Daisy.

NillaMilk
NillaMilk

To me Dot smells just like a fruity Daisy. I love it! Personally I think of strawberries when I smell it.

nessmcgregor
nessmcgregor

This perfume is.. Strange. I can't pinpoint if I like it or not. Usually with Marc Jacobs I spray & am instantly weak at the knees - this time I pulled an (apparently) unflattering facial. I thought it smelt like sour watermelon. Now that I know there's coconut in it, I recognise that, too. I recon this is one of MJ's most acquired scents..

eunicek
eunicek

A sweet, nice perfume, but nothing outstanding. I definitely love Oh Lola better than this.

MsDana
MsDana

When I saw this beautiful bottle, I just had to get it for my friend's birthday because she is crazy about ladybug accessories, I knew she would like it for the bottle alone, but she loves the scent as well & it is one of her signature fragrances now. I like it too, but it does not work with my body chemistry as well as it does on hers. She gets the Berries, vanilla, a bit of honeysuckle & the delicious coconut notes, I only get the berries & honeysuckle with a touch of vanilla, no coconut at all, so although I like it, I will not purchase one for myself. Definitely try before you buy.

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

I was so excited when I got my little bug in the mail. I opened the classy looking box and examined the cute little bottle for a second before I went for a spray of it.

Mannnnnnnn I have to say I'm just a little disappointed. The juice does not live up to the cute and extravagant bottle.

I'm not saying I'm entirely unhappy, I just felt this could've been so much more. Of all of the perfumes I've sniffed before, I had the hardest time trying to decipher distinct notes in this. The only one I knew I could put my finger on was the dragonfruit. This was primarily sweet dragonfruit body spray on me. A little on the sour side, initally but then I get the sweet light scent of dragonfruit for a couple of hours and this is barely detectable on my skin. I don't get any coconut, I don't get any vanilla...

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Dot !! This is a very fresh & girly pitahaya tropical juice into a coconut cup !

Delicious, summery, reminds me alot with guilty edt by gucci .. both are sharing the same mood ..

I am surprised of people who are voting about the week sillage ! The lasting power & sillage are so good, I put the sample before 5 hours and still can smell it ..

Love it !

dormir6
dormir6

Booooooring.....simple minded, bland floral....a cheap shampoo is better han this one.
Edit: Consdering the last day's experience, I have to admit as a simple one it's not too bad. After a few hours the fruity side gets stronger and envelope you in the atmosphere of tropical vacation. But....but it's not a masterpiece at all.

sissu
sissu

A lot of my collection consists of youthful fragrances, which I tend to often gravitate towards as opposed to heavy oriental, or very "grown up" perfume. But MJ Dot was just too much. Even for me. IMHO this feels not youthful, but childish. Very. Everything from the fragrance to the disastrous bottle design. Sorry, just not for me.

alannah93
alannah93

this perfume smells like a really weak fragrance of tropical fruits & this perfume smell's so awful on me i've smelt it on others and it's been 'okay' but on me just no, i would never pay the massive 'marc jacobs' price tag for this perfume, it doesn't last on the skin and the fragrance itself is pretty weak, the bottle is beautiful though but i'd rather fork out for the likes of 'honey, the line of daisy perfumes or the line of lola perfumes'. dot was a massive disappointment tbf.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

This is one of those perfumes, for me, that smells great on others but absolutely putrid on me. And I mean PUTRID!
It smells gorgeous on my daughter. Sweet, but well composed. On me it smells like a compost heap. I was thinking of getting a bottle of this for us to share, until I smelled it on myself. I actually started feeling sick. Not just the 'perfume headache', but my stomach started to hurt. Absolutely baffling.
It is soft on her, loud on me. Sweet on her, rotten on me. Complex and well balance on her, a mess on me. Just... wow.
The sillage is neither very strong, nor does one need to rub ones nose against the skin to smell it. It lasts a few hours (surprisingly longer on me than my daughter, which is the total opposite of what happens with perfumes on us).
Do try to get a sample of this before purchase. That pretty, yet slightly tacky, but completely adorable bottle is kind of misleading :)
On the wrong person, this thing is a rotten beast. On the right person, it is very pretty.

bobbiebortoni
bobbiebortoni

Still don't know, my hubbie bought this one for me on the weekend, I sprayed some on this morning and I still don't know if I like it, It's a bit sour on my skin, not too sweet and a bit watery, not my fave that's for sure. The silage is weak it's not lasting too much on my skin...I don't smell the berries or the coconut no vanilla either..let's see if this one grows on me...

Part 2, A lady client of mine was wearing Coco Channel and she gave me a hug, guess what? now I smell as if i sprayed Coco on me, Dot is completely out of the picture..so silage is very poor...I can't believe I smell like coco and someone even complemented it...lol..

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

after smelling this and looking at the notes I smelt NONE of the notes in this except for jasmine and other flowers, I didn't get any fruit or coconut, these notes must be wrong... according to the notes I should like this scent because I love vanilla, coconut and berries and I get none of them just the pure flowers... I've seen people just buy this just for the bottle and not like the fragrance. I would never buy a perfume just for the bottle I don't care how it looks the juice is what matters and I just don't like dot. I like daisy, its soft sweet and smells like sunshine !

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

This is a review for the solid perfume necklace. The first thing I notice is musk and a hint of coconut, it tones down fairly quickly and a fruity haze floats to the top. It doesn't hang around for long though, a clean and fresh scent comes through. After a while, slightly sweet and buttery popcorn is detectable, towards the end of its longevity. It's the perfect scent for Spring and Summer; unfortunately, the silage is poor. Longevity is around 4-5 hours. The necklace itself is a little heavy but cute, my three year old niece loves it.

elle.ratcha
elle.ratcha

It's great smell like yummy juice
so fresh,cute and freshy!!

Juma
Juma

So unusuall scent.
I don't know nothing similar. It's fruity, but only at begining; next step is a bit buttery - is this pitaya?
Certainly with tropical vibe.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

This is one of the most creative bottles I have seen in a while! I don't believe the smell is as creative, but I do like the design!

marylu
marylu

In my opinion, this is just another fruity-floral. Nothing special. It reminds me of Daisy Eau So Fresh which I much prefer. I don't get any coconut at all from this. A mix of fruits and floral.

Lasting power is not bad. I've been wearing it for a few hours now. I got a sample roll-on in a swap. I won't be running out and buying a bottle.

jojoSafa
jojoSafa

lupereira
lupereira

It smells like bug... the bottle is perfect to the juice.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

I sprayed my whole body with this at sephora, and it smells really good. It has a buttery smell to it which is weird but i like it. I dont like how gauty the bottle is, but deff will buy this perfume

polkadot27

The bottle is amazing, unfortunately the fragrance smells cheap and rather boring, nothing unique or special about it all. such a shame that the scent couldnt live up to the appearance of the bottle.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

The bottle is adorable but it is just waaaaay tooo strong for me!! The floral is so overpowering for me I don't get vanilla and coconut wich are my favourite smells by the way. I like it but I hate it its a love hate for me it hurts my head some days.

Tovah
Tovah

The bottle is wonderful. I adore creative bottles and this one makes my 5 year old daughter squeal with delight. Way back when I LOVED the original Marc Jacobs fragrance, with its haunting bold gardenia and sexy spices. Since then, every time a new MJ scent comes out I'm tempted to buy it because of those damned adorable bottles, but then I smell the liquid inside, and I get so mad, the bottles aren't worth it. I just don't want to wear something as "perfume" that reminds me of the scent library of Gain laundry detergent or Downey fabric softeners. All the budget for this scent, obviously went into the bottle design. These folk art bottles are mass-produced internationally, plus, they are not limited editions, so they won't be worth anything to collectors. At this point, they may provide aesthetic value on young ladies' dressers (next to Daisy and Lola and Bang Bang), but the scents themselves will fade away in collective memory just like vintage Avons -- remember Miss Lollipop? Miss Kitty? Sniffy the Skunk? :-) --regardless of their eye-catching and clever bottles.

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

Love this one! fruity floral yes,and I do find it"s very similar to my signature Be Delicious.But,I have decided,especially after this experience,that I need to purchase in a bottle.I have a rollerball,sample size,and I've had to reapply five times,since first applying at like 9 am. This is a huge disappointment because I was super excited about this one when I received my samples.
Will I buy a fb?yes because I truly love this fresh fruity gem! so youthful,and fun,I must have a full size bottle,asap!

tsofa
tsofa

I remember purchasing it in March. At first I was so obsessed with this perfume that I wore it every day until I was totally fed up. And it’s not that it’s a bad fragrance. I like the coconut – vanilla combo and of course as everyone, I also had that attraction for the cute bottle. Simply, I got bored wearing it.

The excitement lasted for about a month and Dot ended up forgotten at the back of my cabinet. A good point, although using more than half of the bottle, its longevity was really good.

In my opinion, this fragrance is more commercial than anything else. I don’t find it special after all. If Marc Jacobs is counting to impress us only with fancy and good looking bottles and not with the essence of its content, the perfume, then sorry Marc, I will pass on your perfumes.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Marc Jacobs omfg I swear all of his perfumes are juicy and just yummy! He is by far my favorite perfume designer besides Rihanna but this scent to me is very summery and has very nice juicy fruity notes when I first sprayed this is reminds me of being by the ocean drinking coconut water then changes a lil floral then I get more fruity the only downside is the lasting power which is about 3 hrs on me which is weak for an EDP but still worth it! 10/10

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

At first spritz nice, but then it smells very much like Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton... very synthetic to my nose.

nena18sept
nena18sept

i like the scent... i wish it would last a little bit longer.. and I LOOOOVE THE BOTTLE

tourmali45
tourmali45

Strongly reminds me of Cloe Eau de Fleurs Capucine, only the staying power is less. I wouldn't call Dot fruity - I find no berries or coconut, only dragonfruit maybe - the same watery sweetness as in real fruit, the same note as in Eau de FC. Well, I love Dot as I love Eau de Fleurs Capucine, but as I already have a full bottle of EdFC, I can save my money for something else out of my wishlist instead of buying Dot.

lobnahossam
lobnahossam

for some reason ...all i can smell in this perfume is Honeysuckle!!! it reacts with my skin and it produces this sweet honeysuckle !!
its a nice light spring everyday daytime scent

mellie
mellie

I just got it and i´m in love. i can´t stop smelling my wrists. I smell cucumber, but it´s not listed on the notes. Fresh, clean and tropical: sweet but not overpowering, less sweet than daisy eau so fresh. I read in some comments that it´s aimed for a younger crowd. I´m in my mid twenties and i love it. It´s between my new favourites. It´s a happy and easy to wear perfume. And the bottle is super cute and adorable.

VickyH
VickyH

I think this scent is fantastic! I smell honeysuckle and jasmine. I love the bottle! So Cute! This is my 3rd Marc Jacobs scent. Just really love his collections. I haven't bought perfumes in years -- until I discovered the Marc Jacobs collections a year ago -- Daisy, Dot and Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine. Love them!

rthgdess
rthgdess

I love the scent - the tropical notes are right up my alley - but I can't bring myself to buy it because of the bottle. I can't imagine that thing sitting on my dresser!

icingsugar

First of all, I love the bottle. I know some people think its the cutest thing in the world and some think its a ugly tacky mess...there seems to be no middleground. But I am a huge polka dot fan so this is great imo.
The scent is actually more bitter than most MJ fragrances, the fruits seem to be more sour than your typical fruity floral scent, and there is a milkyness to this (not to be confused with creaminess), it is green and fresh but very bitter. This actually lasts longer than the other 2 MJ fragrances I own: Daisy eau so fresh and Oh, Lola. I got the giftset and the shower gel and lotion are much more green than the scent itself, it seems to concentrate on that bitter fresh heart. Overall a nice refreshing summer fragrance, fresh without being overly cirtusy and sporty and a nice change to the usually sweet MJ line.

Inesis
Inesis

I really like Dot! At first I was attracted to the cute bottle, but the scent got me going too when I finally got to it.

The weird thing is, this smells very green on me? Little bit of berries and lots of something green. Not very sweet either. I don't really understand where it comes from but I guess that's how personal chemistry works, you'll never know what you're really going to get. I think Dot on me is very spring-y and refreshing.

The sillage is from soft to medium and lasting power is very nice too, more than a few hours. The bottle is maybe a little bit unconvenient but I don't mind. It's just so darn cute!

patriciar22
patriciar22

The bottle is cute, but in my opinion, the fragrance is cheap and a little sour. It's like to smell a lot of daisies and nothing more. Nothing special.

Whilst browsing the department store last week, as per usual, a sales assistant took one look at me, guessed my age and dragged me to the nearest Marc Jacobs display, where she encouraged me to try either Dot or the new Summer inspired Daisy flankers. After a bit of a grumble, I relented, and ended up spraying Dot liberally both on a card and then onto my skin.

While I must admit that I enjoy Dot far more than Daisy, Lola or Oh Lola, I can't say that I'm thoroughly impressed. To my nose, it's a nice but predictable fruity floral, featuring a bucket load of candied red berries and other obscure fruits.

A friend that was accompanying me at the time, agreed with my observation that Marc Jacobs tends to rely on their eye-catching bottle designs to draw in consumers and to finalise a sale. Had Dot been bottled differently, I highly doubt that the scent alone would draw in such a loving crowd.

Its fruitiness reminds me of something I'd expect from Escada. It opens quite loud, almost chemical on my skin, before drying down into a basic sweet and fruity concoction, with the subtlest hint of soapy, clean jasmine.

True fans of Dot would more than likely be girls in their teens, so I would definitely recommend Dot and the current Marc Jacobs line to any parent desperate for gift ideas. I suppose it's one step up from the celebrity perfumes on offer in the discount stores.

I find the packaging rather kitsch and memorizing at the same time. I do like lady bugs, so in a weird way I kind of enjoy looking at it. Many reviewers are complaining of poor longevity, but for me this fragrance couldn't disappear fast enough.

silveribis1
silveribis1

Wow there's a lot of negative reviews. I can understand, i've bought some perfume samples and a lot of the promising ones come out terrible when sprayed on my skin. This was one of the ones that I loved.

It reminds me strongly of childhood Christmases at my grandma's house, she grew plums and roses and conifers and dozens of beautiful flowers and trees... so it's pretty special to almost feel like I'm there again.

Those memories are probably the main reason I love it, but even on it's own the scent is light (not overpowering), a little bit tropical and a little bit reserved and classy. It stays put for a decent amount of time (not like anna sui scents, which I also love but don't stay for long) and is subtle and inoffensive, which is that first thing I look for! I'd rather have a subtle scent that is just 'me' without it screaming I AM WEARING PERFUME, it should feel natural and this does.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

Looks like a Lady Bug on a Light bulb ( truly a work of clever art! ). The fragrance perfectly suits the bottle design. I really love the top note all the way down to the dry down vanilla musky note!

pauluch3
pauluch3

The bottle definitely doesn't lack originality, but the fragrance is a bit celebrity-like, if you know what I mean. It's a fruity body mist rather than proper perfume. The longevity is certainly an issue, but the bottle design really matches the scent: fun and bubbly, full of life and optimism, carefree and girly. I like it, it makes me feel like a teenager again.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

“I don’t think there is ever a wrong time for a polka dot...” Marc Jacobs
I like this perfume, it's happy, sweet, young. However it is not super unique or anything special. Attention for women who dislike sweet fruity/flowery perfumes.

The dot is a personal signature for Marc Jacobs – a favorite theme he has returned to time and again, beginning with his very first collection. Round in shape, joyous in spirit, the polka dot is an iconic symbol of charm and elegance - a stylish, offbeat motif that is energetic and full of life.

Inspired by Marc Jacobs' love of polka dots, Dot is a lush juicy floral fragrance – happy and vivacious.

The top notes captivate with a delectable blend of red berries, succulent dragonfruit, and sweet honeysuckle, whilst the lush floral heart of the fragrance blooms with addictive jasmine mingled with energizing notes of coconut water and orange blossom. The scent rounds out with a feminine drydown of creamy vanilla, driftwood, and sensual musks.

Fragrance notes:

Top notes: Red berries, dragonfruit, honeysuckle

Heart notes: Jasmine, coconut water, orange blossom

Base notes: Vanilla, driftwood, musk

Elegantly crafted in transparent red tinted glass, the bottle design channels the spirit of Marc Jacobs’ trademark look. The oversized butterfly-inspired cap flaunts a chic play of proportions and round-shaped butterflies of different sizes adorn the bottle, whilst a luminous pearl at the center of the butterfly adds a chic touch.

Marc Jacobs used to make decent perfumes. The first three, MARC JACOBS, ESSENCE, and BLUSH are all quite respectable creations, the first two of which work around a central gardenia note, while the third offers a unique banana note along with some white flowers. After that triplet, I'm not really sure what went awry, but everything became flat and abstract and, for lack of a better term: Cotyized.

The bottle for DOT looks like a drug trip gone bad. Or perhaps a GMO ladybug? It's really quite scary to behold. I have another idea: what if a ladybug mated with her twin brother? Maybe this is what they'd produce.

The scent? Abstract fruity floral. It's not horrible, but it's certainly not good, and it's something of a joke even to attempt to have a conversation about the notes. Driftwood? Dragon fruit? Coconut Water? Whatever. I do like the scent slightly more than that of LOLA, but that is, of course, rather faint praise.

DOT reminds me a bit of the Marc Jacobs CRANBERRY splash, of which I have a jug. Somewhat synthetic and somewhat sweet and vague and nondescript. This is not a perfume which I would reach for or buy, but I had a sample, so I figured that with a bath on the horizon, I'd give it a try.

I saw that the Marc Jacobs perfumes are being sold at TJMaxx for $50 or $60. These perfumes are not worth even that modest sum, but they must be selling, since otherwise they'd be sold for the prices of Ellen Tracy perfumes: $9.95 or $14.95. Someone out there seems to like GMO ladybugs and 100% abstract juice. I imagine that it is the junior high school set.

wbp
wbp

Not bad, very fruity smell. I can't capture any single note, but it is pleasure smell of fruits :)

Nmarissac
Nmarissac

Oh Dot! This perfume bottle captures the liquid inside perfectly. Sunny, light, happy, whimsical, ladybugs! Oh I agree that it is not the most original scent, but it is noneffensive, and I do really like it. It is sweet and fruity, but not a sugary sweet. In the initial bright top notes, I can detect honeysuckle and dragonfruit. The drydown on me smells less fruity, more floral (I smell jasmine!) with a hint of coconut which gives it a tropical feel (maybe just a touch of beachy hawaiian tropic). Towards the end I smell very soft floral vanilla. The 1.oz bottle is much more sleek and purse friendly. It's not "sophisticated" really, and I wouldn't wear this to a black tie affair or a night out, but it is a perfect walking on the beach on a sunny day kind of scent!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

the bottle is so adorable so i bought it for my gf...she dont really like the smells though...just want to decorate her vanity-she said...hmmmm whatever

jelliebean
jelliebean

I'm definatly turning into a collector of the Marc Jacobs perfumes. This was the first one I got it smells yummy it's light & fresh which is great for me & will be great in the summer & the bottle is adorable! I now have Oh Lola & Daisy Oh So Fresh I can't wait to collect some more!

Jama4
Jama4

Trendster in a bottle!!!!

I tested Dot and found it to be a nice balance between sweet (honey suckle, vanilla) and fresh (dragon fruit). Overall I would say it is pleasant, but not unique.

My skin type: oily / youthful
Projection: sits close to the skin
Longevity: 4-6hrs
Office safe: Yes
Potency: Medium (3-5 sprays)
Timing: spring & summer / day time
Packaging: 9/10; I like the lady bug look
Cost: $105 for 100ml / 3.38oz at Shopper's Drug Mart

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

Napper216
Napper216

On me, this smells of nothing! My skin seems to be able to make fragrances last a long time. This lasted 4 hours on me.

I would not call 4 hours a long time for perfume in any way, shape, or form. If that's how long it lasts on me, I dread to think how many other people are buying it for whom it lasts even less time. It's ridiculously overpriced for how long it lasts.... frankly, it belongs in a body spray.

BORING. But at least it's not insipid, I suppose.

icingsugar

On a side note the bottle is quite hard to spray from (50ml) as the fiddly side bits tend to get in the way, but its too adorable. The lotion is also good and is less sweet and a little more of the white musk than the fruits.

icingsugar

Like most Marc Jacobs scents since Daisy this is just very "cute". The bottle is one of the best Ive ever seen being a lover of all things polka dot. The juice is very sunny, happy and carefree, reminiscent of Oh Lola. Easy to wear all year round and unlikely to offend anyone. Of course its nothing complex, and probably wont turn heads but any compliments will be on the freshness and to be honest Daisy Eau so fresh is nothing complicated but tends to recieve me lots of compliments anyway.

filmoyster
filmoyster

Dot is not for me. I found:

- It is not distinct, smells like many other "fruity florals"
- Coconut is present and the most enjoyable note in dry down
- I detect fruit, but it's not specific. Could be watermelon, could be dragonfruit, could be strawberries. Who knows!?
- I agree with the poster who detected a hairspray note, this I noticed but it goes away after twenty minutes or so

*4/10 rating
*Headache factor 4/10, Dot gives me a slight headache

filmoyster.wordpress.com

miza norizan
miza norizan

My husband got this for me because he likes the smell when the salesperson spray it on the paper strip.

I can't make up my mind whether i love or hate it. It's maybe because I own far better perfume than this one, but this is not exactly the worst perfume i have too.

But i think i detect the smell of chocolate on me, which might be the reason why my husband like this so much, he LOVES chocolates!

But as this is not exactly my personal favorite, I only wear this when I celebrate special occasion with my husband.

Or when I want to seduce him.

Milladane
Milladane

Dot opens as a springy floral, then very sweet and fruity, then floral comes back, then becomes nice and soft - all within just a few minutes. This has got to be the mildest fragrance ever. After 20 minutes, what's left is a nice and innocent trace. It is so mild I would let my child wear it if she asks to wear perfume. She'd THINK she's wearing perfume, but in reality, no one would smell perfume on her. So far, all the Marc Jacob fragrances have eye-catching bottles, but so-so scents within.

wind83
wind83

Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite perfume designer.
The bottle is cute. And bout the smell, it is fruity.. but not too much, not too overpowering like the others perfume.

Unfortunately it just 3-4 hours in my skin too.. love the smells.

Editt>> i wear yesterday.. give it try. well yes it works.. 8 hours in my body. Wow. I still love this perfume

8.5/10

mirul
mirul

lady bug and flowers bottles are so connected! MJ is genius!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I must agree, the Marc Jacobs bottles are adorable...Daisy, Lola, etc but Dot's is the cutest of all.
The jus inside smells like watermelon and musk to me. Not much else.

If it weren't for the price, this would be a perfect 1st perfume for a young lady who'd "just die" to have this cutie on her dresser and doesn't mind smelling like fruit salad.

feelawesomerobot
feelawesomerobot

On me: Coconut honeysuckle. That is all. I find it endearing.

robororo
robororo

It's simple yet pretty scent, in my opinion, most suitable for spring-summer. Sweet, fresh and fruity-tropical. Red berries, jasmine and freshness comes first, after dry down you can smell pitahaya, coconut and vanilla. Though it sounds like perfume for teenage girls, mature women can wear it too, because smell is not intense or especially peculiar.

And I disliked the cap of a bottle too, so I bought 30ml one, which is just too cute ;)

Artpop2013
Artpop2013

I got this fragrance for myself for christmas.I had wanted this one for a while and i finally got it. Ok so to start off with the bottle its adorable and cute! I dont know why people have such negative thinks to say about it.But! There was one problem with the bottle when I first got it. The gold plate on the front of the bottle that says "DOT Marc Jacobs" as well as the little white pearl thing with the red and black wings fell off! Well it start to peel off and i just took it completly off and glyed it back together and it is good as new. I guess it was just a bad bottle or something. But aside from that scary moment. The smell if course is what really matters.

So in the top notes i smell a very delicious burst if juicy berrys and honey suckle very fresh and friuty. As it works its way to the middle notes i can definitly smell orange blossom all the way which not only gives this fragrance a citrusy feel but a fresh feel also. The base gets alittle sweeter and even more delicious im not sure which note i get in the base but i feel like the coconut water, vanilla, driftwood and musk work together to give it this sweet almost sensual flirty smell.In my opinion i love this fragrance!

c3c
c3c

After the opening notes Dot just sorta morphs into something incredibly similar to Michael Kors Very Hollywood. Pretty much it.
It does however smell good blended with La Maison Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar. :)

pbluberry
pbluberry

Interesting bottle.. almost looks like it would be hard to work. I already broke one of the wings off the top when it dropped on the floor :(. Not very user friendly. The smell is ok, sweet and light. It might sound weird but the smell reminds me of sweeten condensed milk for some reason, maybe it's the coconut. It doesn't last at all... maybe 1-2 hours at most. It's really nothing to be excited over but my sister really loves this. Who knows....

SazzieBunny
SazzieBunny

My boyfriend got me this for Christmas and I love it!
I collect perfume bottles and the packaging on this is just so unique and gorgeous!
Floral and young scent!all round love

Vampiris
Vampiris

i am not a big fan of the packaging..not that cute to me..but the scent is OK..

I have to describe it as another generic fresh and floral scent..nothing special or spectacular..definitely not on my list

Jeffslady33
Jeffslady33

One of the best perfumes I own.And I have alot of it.Love the fruity florals and Marc Jacobs done a very good job on this ,The bottle is simply cute and I have no problems with spraying it.I purchased mine at Sephora so I know it's the real deal.Ever since I got it ,I can't get enough of this flirty sexy scent.More fruity than floral and it sticks with me all day and gets better as the day goes by.I don't think this scent is for any certain age.I think it would smell nice on a 16 year old and nice on a 56 year old.It's quite lovely and I adore it.

This smells very pretty, and feminine. And I love feminine scents. The bottle is simply really cute. It is in my opinion a good creation by Marc Jacobs, who still creates scents designed for women who love to smell like a woman. It is light, fresh and tropical, without being a fruit salad, it has a nice base, longevity is correct. I feel happy wearing such an uplifting scent. I am from the old school also that women should smell like women. Go figure, this is becoming a disappearing trend.

karenrobert
karenrobert

Marc Jacobs came out with both Daisy and this cute little bug. Daisy smells like daises and this little cute bug smells just like the bottle... insect spray. Reminds me of the old timer Shalimar laced with formaldehyde made a century ago. Thank God it doesn't last. Trendy Marc Jacobs isn't going to let any one left feeling old with this cute little bug bottle no matter what content is inside. I'd save the bug bottle as a toy for a toddler.

Mushana
Mushana

Have never smelt this fragrance but I don't like the bottle very much...I think it was overdone!

niecwiecio
niecwiecio

It's quite nice, but the cap is really annoying

Duffy
Duffy

Marc jacobs has verry ugly bottles. Just make a classic bottle it looks horrible. It looks like a child toy.
People that buy these kind of perfumes, test it first and look how much it will last on the skin. Because if you spray it you will think ow this perfume is expensive and it will last so i am going to buy it. Dont let the price fool you because the most marc jacobs perfumes with these ridiculous prices and ugly bottles do not last. Better buy a perfume like dior ore dolce gabanna ore gucci at least youre get something for your money.

lisarad
lisarad

Warning!!! Negative review. I sprayed this, about 4 sprays onto my neck. It was a chemical blast, that turned a strange saccharine sweetness that tried to temper the chemical stink...and failed. Not for me, obviously. That sample went into my "reject" bag for reference. I was sorry for this scent turning on me, as I like Daisy eau Fresh very much. Oh, well... everyone's chemistry is different. After 2 hours I simply had to wash it all off (yep...showered).

jtd
jtd

Candy-berry sweetness. A summer mid-day sun reflected at you by a mirror made of sugar. Like a mirror, Dot reinforces two-dimensionality.
Everything, even sharpness, can be reduced to flatness in a mirror.

Not shriekingly chemical, or at least not any more so than any other girly perfume that presumes that fruit needs to be sweetened before being eaten. Dot is more noticeable to my nose for its lack than its presence. It doesn’t ultimately smell actually fruity or floral in any truly identifiable way because it has no anchor. I wouldn’t so much call it linear as I would call it purely topnotes. It’s the olfactory equivalent of a ringing in the ears.

This is the sort of fragrance I can’t enjoy as a perfume even if I were to like the way it smells. Firstly, it has no connections, congenial, antagonistic or otherwise to skin. Secondly, it’s like the berry version of a maraschino cherry. The cherry might have been fruit at one time, and although it still signifies fruit, is really just an odd bit symbolism (nature, bleached, then made better, sweeter, brighter) that I would remove and discard before I ate my sundae.

All that aside, I love this perfume, although I’d be happy never to smell it again, because it was selected by my niece today at Bloomingales as I taught her how to shop for a perfume. She was thoughtful, took her time, chose Dot and is thrilled with it. I love my niece, and consequently love Dot.

julieanneh
julieanneh

Sorry don't like it. Its mild and girly but also boring. The bottle looks cheap too. Just not a scent I like.

mich19
mich19

I love this scent, it is so fresh & summery, although it doesn't last at all on me. I am really disappointed with this, as I spent a lot of money on the 100ml bottle and the lotion. Even with layering, the scent is gone within an hour (and I spray about 8-10 sprays)! Definitely will not purchase again. Perhaps some other lucky ones will have more luck with the staying power! Sadly, it just doesn't work for me :(

I have to update:
because I was so disappointed with the staying power of this, I didn't wear it for at least 2months. I wore it again yesterday and drenched myself in it. I then got in the car straight away & my husband didn't say anything about my perfume. Usually he comments straight away and tells me how good I smell. I asked him if he noticed my perfume & I was shocked that he couldn't even smell it. Perhaps it is even lighter than I thought. I really, really regret this impulse buy. I spent $200 on the 100ml bottle & lotion when it was first released. Grrrrrr I'd rather spend $200plus on a bottle of chanel coco mademoiselle (or something similar) any day.

The cap is really annoying too!

Dot will now sit on my 6 year olds vanity - at least someone in the house will enjoy it!!!

m4
m4

What´s here to dislike?? Gorgeous bottle and funny girly scent. Reminds me of shampoo which is not bad for me. I want it for times when I want to feel girly, innocent and easy-going. You won´t offend anyone with it.
It´s little sour (red berries) and the dragon fruit reminds me of childhood lollipops or something like that. It reminds me also kinda on the watery ice cream Callipo from Algida(or Streets). More fresh and sour than super sweet (but yet is little sweet) Yeeah another pink fruity water but what.. sometimes I need to bring me back to my childhood :-D

nora elia
nora elia

The bottle is kind of cute, but the smell is quite simple smells like soap or shampoo I would't buy it

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

Oh MY! The berries in this are sooooo strong and I also get a srawberry note that is not listed but I do get it.. That sour sweetness of strawberry.. It's very young and carefree but without depth and sophistication. Kind of common too.. But, ballet flats are just the same and most girls love 'em so I don't know! :-)

kimtran91
kimtran91

It smells really good at first and then 15 mins later, it's gone :)) That's how it works on my skin :)

Elouelou
Elouelou

It smells like soap. A really nice, high-end, coconut soap that I would spray on myself. I can't say there is anything wrong with that.

It is a pity about the bottle though. I like the fact that my dresser is covered in beautiful perfume bottles and I don't want to interrupt the status quo.

maissaa.zahran
maissaa.zahran

The bottle is so "I got to have this!" lets hope the perfume smells good.

I think the perfume is okay too, but I really find the bottle over the top.

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

This doesn't stink but it's nothing special and smells like a generic shampoo.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Heavy on the berries!.. i wasn't impressed with this one..smells so similar to Britney spears Midnight Fantasy OR Victoria secrets Sweet and Flirty...

panda0410
panda0410

This is unpleasant. Sure the bottle is cute, it has a pretty beetle - who could want more, right? The poison inside smells like insecticide. Its sharp and bitter red berries are just too cold, and it has a hideous sweetness to it, the mix is unbalanced and overall it smell chemically and synthetic. On a hot day this is going to be downright vulgar. Unimpressive, like most other MJ fragrances.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is a not classy, run of the mill perfume.

tank94
tank94

Was going to buy it as a gift for someone, but it smells like shaving cream to me. No thanks.

Pouline
Pouline

i think the scent is quite average but i mean its good but the bottle!? i think it looks like a child's toy or something, looks really immature and cheap .. not impressed

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

The bottle is adorable, but omg this is overly sweet. sorry not good at all.

stellalove
stellalove

After Daisy, Lola i thought wow a new MJ Fragrance.....Hoped it to be great....Anyway my first impression was Fly Spray...So disapointed the cost of this is way too much.
I hope the "Sunshine" editions of the other MJ fragrances are more enjoyable, or maybe in the future, the Dot Eau So Fresh or Oh Dot May be nicer?

Lee79
Lee79

Basic Fruity Floral Fresh scent. Nothing Special. Good for spring/summer since its not very strong. Bottle is cute. Marc Jacobs can def do better though.

Jmiller
Jmiller

very cute bottle- great scent = pretty nice

lastnightscent
lastnightscent

Um, it's ok, but..it really doesn't smell like much. It's a very subtle and very unspecial fragrance. It's soft and sweet, but there's no oomph, mystery, sex appeal or anything to it. Just inoffensive, somewhat pleasant smell.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Marc Jacobs Dot is tropical, floral, and young! Red Berries, dragonfruit, honeysuckle, jasmine, coconut water, orange blossom, and vanilla. I love how sweet and fruity this scent is not to mention how adorable the bottle is too! Awesome fragrance!

alicepolice
alicepolice

I love this one! I'm not usually a huge fan of Marc Jacob's scents. I liked Oh Lola! but that's about it. In other words; not surprised if many MJ fans were disappointed.

This really DOES smell juvenile, but I think it's more in a playful way like "let's pretend we're fifteen again!" rather than "I refuse to grow up!" It's silly and fun, a polar opposite to classy scents.

Very juicy and sweet -- someone mentioned kiwi, and yes; I think this smells like some kind of kiwi soda. It's not a sharp kind of kiwi though, just a very mushy, juicy and pleasant one.

April5092
April5092

I had a high expectation on this one because I love Pitahaya, but Dot do not smell like the fruit at all. Why? Because here in southeast asia we have the fruit everywhere and it smells nothing like Dot trying to present. A rather ridiculously expensive perfume for something that smell like most celebrity fragrances.

Bechowe

I bought this cute little bottle a couple of weeks a go and although initially I felt slightly underwhelmed I now feel it's a keeper. It grows on you. It's getting nicer and nicer.. It's soft and sweet but not sickly and not too strong for work. It's fun. It is a little watermelons but gorgeously watermelons- it's great because of it's subtlety - easily wearable and of course has a s w e e t bottle lol x

abigail5328
abigail5328

Light, juicy, fruity, watery, fresh, cheerful, youthful, fun fragrance!
Why is this poor little ladybug being bullied by so many negative reviews?
There was so much hype about this perfume before it was released. I think so many people had high expectations of this perfume that they were unfortunately let down, hence the many dislikes.
I actually really like this fragrance. Yes I agree it is nothing groundbreaking or unique (which is something I think everybody looks for in a fragrance). Neither is it sophisticated or sexy. But it is pleasant, wearable and fun.
Dot is a mix of fruit and florals, although probably more fruit than florals. On my skin I smell something like kiwi or watermelon ? Although neither of these notes is listed.
A nice scent to wear in the day for spring/summer.
The only downside to this fragrance would be the poor longevity.
The bottle is much nicer in real life than shown in the photos. So don’t judge a book by its cover ; )

misschic
misschic

Cute, but more suitable for someone under 25 as it is a bubblegum type fragrance. Lasts about 4 hours on me and is very subtle.

lulu7898
lulu7898

I thought the bottle was very cute and purchased it for my niece's 11th birthday. She LOVED it and the juice inside. She apparently sprays it all over her bedroom and her brother's room to annoy him.

netcat
netcat

This one's for the kids, I think. If you happen to have kids who fancy smelling like a better-than-average fabric softener.

Of course I may not know what I'm talking about, since I've always considered any scented fabric softeners to be from the devil, but I imagine there must be some fancy upmarket ones that do not trample all over your olfactory sense with jackboots, and if there are, they probably would smell quite like this.

It's a light, very blended and artificial, somewhat summery, flowery and somehow dry scent. I can't tell the individual notes apart at all, especially not the fruit/berries. Something in there wants to smell like dried grass or maybe hay mixed with flowers. Not like grass or hay would really smell, just like a fabric softener wanting to include a grass note would probably smell.

Or maybe the grassy part is the driftwood.

Or maybe I'm just imagining it from the ladybug meme.

On longevity - it wasn't something I wanted to try out on my skin, and so I didn't. Eminently forgettable and undistinct on paper. So I stuck the slip into my coat pocket and forgot about it. Upon finding it more than 24 hours later it was still going as strong as before, only more settled-like.

I wouldn't have touched that as a teen, never mind tween. At 10 I might have been embarrassed about the bottle appearing too childish. Now I'm actually old enough to like the campy bottle. I have just the right place to display it. Shame they do not sell empty ones.

Malibu

I can't separate the exact berry notes used in DOT, they're all mingled together very closely. If I had to guess, I'd suggest currants and the ever-popular raspberry. There is also something vaguely citrussy in DOT, that stops the sweeter fruits from becoming too overbearing - maybe lime?

I'm also not familiar with pitaya (dragon fruit), but I'm guessing that it the source or the mango-like accord that lasts for most of the fragrance. Like I mentioned before, the honeysuckle is by far the strongest floral note on me, and I'd also guess that there is some combination of clean and powdery florals such as neroli, lotus and/or heliotrope too.

DOT has surprised me with its lightness - I was expecting something heavier and sweeter. I'm not saying that it isn't sweet, it's just that I find the sweetness fresh and zesty, rather then cloying and obviously artificial.

One half of me loves the actual fragrance, but the other half was far from impressed with it's longevity and sillage - I'm always waiting for something else to develop and wow me, unfortunately that never happens. When I know that I can buy a perfume for half of the price of DOT, that performs much better, I'm unable to justify buying it.

Daisyloverr
Daisyloverr

MJ you've let me down! I love your Daisy perfume, but this one was bad. The bottle reminds me of a ladybug. I loved the flower bottle theme, but this one was odd. And it smelled like veggies and berries, wich was weird combination. It wasn't hidious, but I didn't like it.. sorry !

olga87
olga87

I realy wanted to like this perfume...i couldn't wait to smell it...but then the absolute disapointment!!it smells like something so general and allthough nothing!!i keep smelling my arm, but also nothing!!not in the start, not later..never!!the bottle is so fresh and girly that you think fruits come out and be all over...anyway bravo to the designer...

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

Oh man, i really wanted to like this! I love Lola and Oh Lola, and when I saw this bottle i was DRAGGED into the store. the bottle is SO pretty!
But when I sprayed this on, I smelled nothing but really fresh oranges. This is snot for me. I really don't like this. Such a dissapointment

dulcette
dulcette

boiled berries in broth. suited for less than 10 year olds.

Jmnolan82
Jmnolan82

Sweet, playful and very simple. I do like the scent quite a lot, although it is just this teen/twenty-something style of fragrance that I am trying to outgrow :)
Have tried it several times (mediocre staying power) and will likely wear it some in the spring; the sweetness and lightness aren't so alluring in the fall/winter.

bfrosty
bfrosty

MJ mentions in an interview that this is the third sister in the trio alongside Lola and Daisy. I am pleased that she has arrived as I hope his scent director will move on to something different now. Dot is yet another safe and clean scent that will keep you under most people's radar. To my nose the notes (while really intriguing on paper) did not seem to bring anything new to life and for the price I think there are other equally deserving alternatives to try that last considerably longer and offer more bang for the buck.

ailishlu
ailishlu

I`m using up my samples at the moment and this is one. To start off with, I actually find the bottle somewhat hideous. Looks like some kind of mutant ladybird. The colours are reversed of course and somewhat too bright and scary. I think a child would have nightmares if it saw this on its mothers dresser.
The perfume itself is ok. Nothing special. There are indeed berries, but it`s all so very lightweight. These are not the sweet strong berries of Britney`s Midnight Fantasy, but more subtle and subdued. So much so in fact that they are practically undetectable. There is one note here which just doesn`t seem to gel with the others for me. Pitahaya perhaps? What is that?
It`s ok, but nothing to write home about and certainly not worth the price.

Minnija
Minnija

very very very very week staying power!!! almost 0...

saguna
saguna

There is nothing new, nothing even pretty, just the worst Escada mixed with some Gucci ( by the way, dry down is exactly the same on my wrist like Gucci Premiere).
I wouldn't buy it - waste of money.

fulya.yahya.9
fulya.yahya.9

Dot gave me the sensation of "escada" sunset heat like tropical fruits opening, with the heart of "daisy" floralcy, there is a cooling freshness like "be delicious" melony aquatic musky on top.suitable for teenagers clearly. I think it is an interesting launch for teenagers, fruity yes but not as overpowering and not sticky sweet like typical teenage fragrances.

klmckendry
klmckendry

Sprayed this on the little tester card. Nice fresh smell. But oh dear.. while the other 2 I tested on cards stayed there for days, this was almost gone by the time I took it home. Extremely weak.. and they want those kind of $$$?!?! I reckon you'd find a similar smell in Impulse, only it would cost just a few bucks. Seriously =/ =)

Update: To the lady above.. nope, this was EDP. It was $180 (AUS) for 100ml =)

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

What the heck, MJ? This smells like a nondescript, cheap, scented water I wore as a child. I'm guessing this scent is being marketed for a much younger crowd, but if he's making perfume for kids it needs to be a whole lot cheaper.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

Absolutely nothing special about this fragrance. Very typical, plain & boring. Just fruity. Would be great for younger girls; tweens, teens.

trice9081
trice9081

I really like this fragrance. It is very tropical and just a pretty fragrance. I absolutely love the bottle it is a masterpiece.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

It lacks personality...or to say it better,it is perfect for really young girls!

AmoreProfumi

This smells like something only a kid or tween would like, its not a bad scent just a headily sweet typical fruity scent nothing too too special, seriously though for this to come from a man such as Marc Jacobs is disappointing it seems like more attention was payed to the bottle...which is really cute && beautiful but granite that too looks like its target audience is for the younger crowd, hey if that was his mark he nailed it but seriously enough with the rubber I know that's like your trade but it seems like your really stuck on it. Stop trying so much to design a scent around a bottle, people are gonna start thinking you just whipped it together...overall yeah it's a fairly nice scent nothing so special, with moderate longevity && a poor sillage hey if you like overly fruity go for it, sorry to say though some fruity body sprays are better. Marc I say lay off the rubber next time it's really holding you back from having a explosive launch. ;)

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Unpleasant, watery, cold, melony fruitiness. That's all I've got. Granted, the honeysuckle is pleasant, but it's not enough - the coconut water and the pitahaya are not my cup of tea.

Whoever designed the bottle did an fantastic job, though. It's such a crazy, sweet, strange work of art.

Damag

Beautiful bottle, great fresh/fruity scent with some green notes unfortunately didn't work at all with my chemistry!! :^/ all that was left on the dry down was a strong iky grass/ burnt plastic smell! Yickes! Guess my chemistry and this beauty just didn't get along! I won't be buying this one, I give it a 5/10 ♥

smilekyle
smilekyle

I actually like this, though it is a very very light fragrance. At first spray, to me, it smells like a more tropical fruity Prada Candy. Once it starts to set, it's more of a very light mixture of tropical fruits and a little red berry. It's odd to me that I don't really smell the base notes in it. I suppose if any, I barely smell a light mix of the driftwood and musk. I like the smell, just nothing extravagant. I personally wouldn't go out and buy this, just because I like a more sensual/powerful perfume, but I know a couple of my coworkers absolutely love it! I also like the bottle, which I can see is a hit or miss for people. To each their own I suppose. To recap, it's a very light, spring/summer, watery tropical fruity fragrance, with a tiny hint of depth. Longevity, for me, is minimal. Many perfumes don't last long on me anyway, and this is one of those!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Umm... err...
I picked this up, the tester bottle wasn't attractive anymore, all messy, yucky... I find the bottle tacky.

As I smelled this, it was sour fruity smell from bottle. I applied some and same fruity charactless aroma...
It does smell somewhat melon like, like a tender melon. At some point there was this hairspray note present, which I hate, but in Dot it was bearable and I didn't hate it much to my surprise. This note made Dot similar to Red Jeans and Loud.

There also is... somewhat cheap-like about this fragrance, like some drug store fragrances. It better would suit someone aged 5, kind of childish and affordable.

All in all, Daisy was nice one, that I enjoyed. Lola had pleasant top phase and icky dry-down. This is a miss for me.

averinberry
averinberry

Smells like melons to me. :) The bottle is very cute! However it does not last long on my skin( 2 hours). If it did i would buy it.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I sniffed this, but I really didn't do a thorough testing on my skin. Why? Because normally, whether a bottle is pretty, ugly or neither, I don't care because I don't display my bottles. The bottle has to be user-friendly. This bottle, at least in the size that I tried, is not.

Although there are other fragrances out with petals or other odd-shaped doo-dads on their caps, many of them are still easy to hold, remove the cap and use. Not this one. The cap and bottle have large, hard things all over which makes holding it... well... unpleasant. I felt clumsy trying to hold it, and I suspect that if I did buy it, I'd end up dropping it. Naw.

It's like cute but really uncomfortable shoes. Just not worth it to me.

Timetoski
Timetoski

I do NOT care for the coconut in this so I would never wear it.

lat
lat

I do own Oh Lola! and I like it a lot. It's not a ground-breaking fragrance but I certainly feel like it stands out among other fruity florals. Dot smells like diluted Oh Lola that somebody mixed with lukewarm water and put it outside to stand in the sunlight.
What a disgrace to Marc Jacobs house.

rainydays
rainydays

I feel a bit about this like I came to feel about Daisy... it's a cute fragrance in a cute bottle, but that's pretty much it. It was predominantly watermelon to my nose. I would wear this on a warm day at home, if somebody gave me a bottle. It's more like a pretty, but cheap and watered-down body spray.

amber_glow
amber_glow

For me it is clean, elegant and innocent. I was looking for a scent like this for my wedding day and for now it is one of the favorite nominees. About the lasting: I sprayed the tester and quite ok.. actually all the testers are stronger than the other bottles in the market but its ok.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Dot is an okay fragrance. It's fruity but isn't spectacular. For some reason, I detect passionfruit in this fragrance. I think MJ's Daisy is a much nicer, more adult fragrance.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

Happy, juicy, fruity scent. Mouthwatering. Cute bottle! Unfortunately I don't detect the coconut, vanilla, or musk, all 3 of which I was looking forward to, but Dot is still a pleasant scent nonetheless.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

The fragrance is similar to Oh, Lola. The same fresh soapy fruityness is present in both fragrances. It is a young, fun scent for daytime IMO. The bottle is cute, but a bit to much in the 50ml size and the 100ml size. The smallest version, 30 ml, is so cute with a clear bottle and a ladybug on the lid. A bit more grown up compared to the larger sizes.

The juice itself is not that innovative or new or anything. Fresh, clean, grape :)

takeasniff
takeasniff

We finally have this in stores where I live now so I tested it and had a good look at the bottle. I am going to stand up for this poor little thing!!:)

I don't know what all you lovlies are on about quite frankly. I get this perfume and what it is trying to achieve. I tested it several times because I wanted to give it a chance. Agreed when you first test it, it comes across a little bland but the more I tested it and the harder I sprayed it the more I could smell it's personality. And yes I can smell pitahaya or what is supposed to be pitahaya obviously there isn't a real pitahaya fruit sitting in the bottle.

This takes a while though you have to wait for it to dry and then the pitahaya comes forward. This is a very mild perfume it is not as strong as his other releases but I think the smell suits the concept of the little lady bug as their is a bit of a fuzzy warm undertone to it. The bottle is very cute but the predictable plastic it could get scratched up easily so you have to be careful with it like all his bottles I find the lids can get stained or scratched. I love what he has designed and I get what he is about I am a little eclectic and appreciate this sort of thing. I don't think Marc takes himself too seriously and it is very original as even though the bottles could be perceived by a lot of people as gaudy I think he pulls it off.

The perfume lasted on me for most of the day I would want to retouch it just so I can smell it stronger. I think it would be nice in spring or summer. I think for once it isn't an overpowering fruity floral like most these days it just sits on your skin slowly morphing so you wear it not the other way around I think some people need to get past the bottle and give this one a few more tests it really isn't as bad as a lot of people would have you think.

lukkyme
lukkyme

a perfume should NOT be judged by its BOTTLE . . .and im suprised SO MANY are saying this smells like its for a teenager etc & how you would NEVER whear it BUT you think this tacky bottle that looks like alittle kids toy is nice . . . .hhhmmmm that is SUCH a contradiction, you DONT like ''kiddie' perfume's but you like the free toy,, I mean bottle ????????? the perfume's not that bad BUT di i mention the UGLY bottle?

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

All I could get from the top note blast was chemicals and synthetic berry bubblegum. Then it's gone. The bottle is all this has going for it. To me, it's just awful and headache-inducing, then disappears very quickly. At least I didn't have to scrub it because it went away on its own within an hour.

Whit
Whit

First off, I'm not a huge fan of Marc Jacobs' perfumes, but I figured this might be a playful, fun frag. No, no, no, not for me at all! I get a blast of citrus at first, but then it dries into almost nothing and then I get this hairspray note, which is weird for me because I've never smelled it in other frags. Here lately, I've been very disappointed with all these new releases, celebrity or designer. Sorry Marc Jacobs, I thought that maybe you could change my mind about your frags, but this one just isn't working for me.

antonpan
antonpan

I don't know how pitahaya sounds, but for me Dot smells like a melony bubble gum with berries in the dry down. Somewhat similar melony vibe I got from Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega. The fragrance is first of all fruity, fresh, I can't name it sweet. To my taste Dot is more joyful and lovely than Lola and Oh, Lola. It will perfectly suit girls from 14 to 25 years old.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I get mostly watermelon from this one! I find it very heavy for being so sweet, and I think it was bothering me while wearing it. I didn't find anything interesting or unique about this one.

The longevity is much better than other Marc Jacobs fragrances, which is a plus. They are going to the right way, just with the wrong scent.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Watery, sweet and grassy is what I`m getting. There`s a note there almost like watermelon and it`s mixed with fresh, wet grass.
Very sweet, almost annoyingly sweet. Very ladybug, if you think it nature-wise. But nothing like this edgy version of ladybug in a bottle.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

this is a soapy weak fruity boring scent....how many times will this scent be made? this is daisy and dkny.....good for a teen gal...gone is 20 mins !

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I really really like this one! I couldn't hack most of the Daisy perfumes and expected this one to smell similar, luckily on me it's a fruity lovely blend, it's just really nice! I think it's more a spring/summer scent but we shall see how it does in the fall on me. I really want this for Christmas and will start the hinting very soon...;0)

miffy0304
miffy0304

i like dot best when it dries down on my skin, very subtle coconut and honeysuckle scent, but lingers quite a while.

Lauragrace
Lauragrace

I was in my local debenhams with my other half At the weekend looking for a new fragrance for my birthday and I knew I wanted to try this fragrance since I seen it advertised. I went straight to it sprayed some on my wrists and decided to walk around the rest of the store for a while to let it develop, as soon as I sprayed it on myself I was in love, I really picked up on the honeysuckle and red berries now I am a huge fan of honeysuckle and I found that the honeysuckle was quite prominent throughout but once it reached the dry down I mostly got coconut water and vanilla which was really nice so I have now ear marked this as my birthday present and cannot wait to own it! I think that it could be an acquired taste though you either love it or hate it

cocorosie
cocorosie

Gave this a sniff the other day in Debenhams and I can't remember what it smells like at all! That probably says it all really! Just quite a bland fragrance, nothing special imo.

fallingin28
fallingin28

I love Daisy, so I was excited to see a new scent in a very cool looking bottle! I immediately go a watermelon-y type smell, which I am guessing is the Pitahaya, but it smelled more of manufactured watermelon scent to me. Then came the red berries and quickly the white florals. It's light, fruity, a bit sweet and fresh with a little fizziness. On me it doesn't last too long, it's very close to the skin and the dry down isn't much different on my skin. I don't get a lot of the coconut or vanilla which would be nice, even the musk/drift wood. It just is simple, young, and light, which I like, but I would expect more for the price.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Dot smells like red berries paired with fresh watery and floral-juicy notes. I like the juiciness of this perfume, it's moderately sweet and refreshing. In the dry-down, the woody notes become more apparent. Not bad!

sleazenrapture
sleazenrapture

This perfume smells 'fine' - another boring, safe, watery scent from Mr. Jacobs. Daisy is the only perfume of his that has a hint of personality in my opinion (and even then, I find it's so overused by commuter women on the London Underground in the morning that I'm absolutely sick of it). Sorry Marc!

jonr951
jonr951

Well I'll give Dot this, I LOVE the bottle! Haha! The scent is beyond boring. Fruity and just flat. I even think Daisy Fresh and Oh Lola! have way more personality than Dot. It's his cheapest smelling scent so far for sure. I definitely won't be spending 69 or 89 bucks on it. SO disappointed because I LOVE Marc. I shouldn't have expected much. Haha! Gosh I even like Lola more and I don't much care for Lola at all. His original and Daisy are still great though! : )

It seems like Coty used the Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style G juice and put it in a fun Marc Jacobs bottle. Way to save and recycle Coty! Hahahaha! : )

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Another masterpiece of Marc Jacobs bottle design, Dot is a dancing ladybird goddess, bright and cheekychic! Unfortunately, like Lola, like all those new daisy old daisy black gold and crazy daisy spinoffs, the bottle is the best thing about it.

Daisy was signature. Since then, Marc Jacobs seems increasingly determined to sell safe little florals in roaring bottles. Dot is the berry version, and it dulls to a gentle fruity/petal fizz quickly. It's nice enough, certainly not offensive, just not memorable. See, it breaks my heart, when I so covet the pretty container! This is a sad case of marketing over matter!

aqua76239
aqua76239

the bottle is different and funky looking but that is all thats unique about this scent. As soon as I smelled it, I was like"this smells just like Poppy Flower" from Coach. Vanilla? coconut? Where?!
I love both vanilla and coconut notes but they are absolutely nowhere to be found. This is not a tropical scent(as the descriptions indicate). This is very floral(with light fruit coming through)-honeysucke and jasmine, that's what this scent is all about. Don't get me wrong, it smells nice but its nothing unique. Btw, I sprayed it on the paper strip and I don't think it lasted very long either. I guess I was just expecting something a bit more unique...

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I'm completely indifferent about this perfume...When I smelled this for the first time at nordstrom, I was just so disappointed. I was expecting this perfume to be as awesome as the bottle (which BTW looks cool in real life) but it's completely boring and safe.

Malibu

DOT has surprised me with its lightness. I was expecting something heavier and sweeter, having read the fragrance notes before hand. I'm not saying that it isn't sweet - I just find the sweetness fresh and zesty, rather then cloying and obviously artificial.

DOT's top and heart is a mild mix of fruit, honeysuckle and watery orange blossom. I can’t separate the exact berry notes used, maybe currants and raspberry? I'm also not familiar with pitaya, but I'm guessing that it the source or the mango-like accord in the fragrance. There is also something vaguely citrussy in DOT, that stops the sweeter fruits and florals from becoming too overbearing.

I adore the soft base to DOT. The woodsy notes and soft musks are so clean and airy, whilst the slight hint of coconut gives everything a comforting creaminess.

DOT is a lovely fragrance, that’s only let down by the "meh" staying power. I wouldn't mind the price if the fragrance lasted longer on me and that's the only reason I'm still using testers and sample vials, instead of buying my own bottle.

Candice28
Candice28

Smells amazing to me, i guess everyone's scent is different! I LOVE IT!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Juice-wise it’s a famine of creativity IMHO.

Not every scent needs to be a work of art, after all I do to sometimes just want to wear something that is easy going. But here they make people pay just for a brand name and a funny bottle (BTW the buglady wings are in hard plastic this time, not even the soft rubber of past Marc Jacobs). The juice could have been selected as a Bath and Body Works release and must not cost more to produce. I think I read that Ann Gotlieb was a consultant, this explains the BBW connection. Frankly, if I had to, I would even prefer to spend my money at BBW and buy an edt, with a matching body lotion and shower gel for the price of a bottle of DOT.
There is a 30min video on youtube (which was posted on nowsmellthis) for the Dot launch featuring Marc Jacobs. Though I liked the video, there was not one moment in which they spoke about the scent, not one…
This is already for me the most disappointing major release of the fall season.

girl1000
girl1000

Starts out as a fresh, pleasant, berry-based fruity floral. However, the drydown changes to something very similar to Chance Eau Fraiche including some patchouli, even though patchouli isn't listed in the notes. It's nice but not unique enough for me to purchase it.

tornerose27
tornerose27

i think is the best from marc jacobs ...

Nursie
Nursie

Love the bottle. Fragrance pleasant, nothing special at all but very wearable and inoffensive for a hot day.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very nice sweet fruity scent. I can smell violets in there too. Very pleasant.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A cute, fruity scent, like a reviewer said below, smells like a strongly scented shampoo. The dragon fruit is indeed the most dominant note, which is about the only thing that makes this fragrance special in any way. Likely to be a big hit among those who will be most enchanted by the kitsch bottle; young girls. This would be a nice first fragrance for a girl though, before she moves on to better, more complex scents. It's OK, but surely overpriced for what it is.

Philyra
Philyra

This is just BAD perfumery. A bland concoction of nothingness, presented in a now predictable Jacobs’s cute, but awkward bottle. I wouldn't care if this came in the prettiest bottle ever, it will never compensate for the fact that this is just dreadful. Shame on you, Jacobs!

ageletou
ageletou

I was so anxious to try it, based on the pyramid notes and on the reviews I was reading...but it was not worthy...nothing special...I can not detect a single note, and the final result that I get smelling my wrist, is flat, blah and uninteresting. I had to order it on line, because I could not find it in Greece. If I had the chance to smell it in advance, I would not have bought it.

nush imogen
nush imogen

I NEED this just for the bottle, it's so cute!!!1

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is pretty characteristic of Marc Jacobs' fragrances - it's sweet, watery, and light, with no particular focal point. I generally find MJ's fragrances to be quite bland, so I didn't have high expectations of this one. Nonetheless, I came across a bottle of this today and decided to try it out. As a side note, the placement of the "petals" on the sides of the spherical bottle made it quite awkward to hold and spray.

There isn't a great deal to say about this fragrance. Basically, it's like a nice-smelling shampoo in a cute and colourful bottle. I found the same thing with the Daisy and Lola ranges. It's almost impossible to pick out any distinctive notes, rather, there is a general sweet, vague "fruits and flowers" scent. I would characterize it as a watery red berry scent, but by no means is there anything that smells like natural berries here. Typically, coconut and vanilla notes add some warmth and creaminess to fragrances, but I don't smell either here. The way Dot smells a few minutes in is pretty much how it smells several hours later, although it largely disappeared from my skin within about 3 hours.

Marc Jacobs certainly does seem to have his formula worked out. His fragrance bottles are cute, animated, even pretty at times....but they tend to house fragrances that are generic and definitely over-priced.

lucifera
lucifera

i was excited to try it,i do love sweet and fresh scent but on me it was soo ordinairy and blant.. :-( nice bottle but the scent is mwehh, i prefer lola over this

beccydreena
beccydreena

My typical perfume is fruity/floral and I was a big fan of Lola, but I wanted something that was a little more 'grown up' (in terms of fragrance not bottle design!) On me this settles into a lovely sweet-powdery fragrance with hints of fruitiness.
My mum also tried it and it smelt a lot more tropical and 'coconutty' on her, I think this fragrances popularity really does depend on how it mixes on your skin, but for me the only downside is that it can make me feel a little headachy in the heat (Miss Dior does to me as well, and this reminds me somewhat of that perfume.)
So overall, I like the fragrance and I hope to wear this during autumn/winter and see how it goes.

Jenjens86
Jenjens86

I was walking through debenhams today and was given a sample of this perfume on a card and immediately had to buy it. I found it to be sweet and a bit fruity, i absolutely love it will be buying again

Cams
Cams

I agree withb sexyME! This one needs about 20 minutes to develop into something that's just darn pretty. I sprayed it last might to take my daughter to a party and I got compliments! I think the challenge for this fragrance is the hard-sell of the bottle - it raises expectations way high! Give it a chance - it's on my "like" list.

Update - put it on at 7:30 this am and its now 5:00pm and its still going strong!!

Perfume Pumpkin
Perfume Pumpkin

The bottle caught my eye different and cute. I am so disappointed by the smell further more what smell it smell of nothing, the scent did not last maybe it is just my reaction to the perfume, but like I said before not impressed.

This is on sale in super drugs.

primaka
primaka

I am very disappointed as well, smells terrible to me very cheap

Cadnuim
Cadnuim

I usually love Marc Jacobs perfumes, but not this. It smells really like pear to me and is quite masculine, with a hint of sugar. Nothing special, apart from the bottle.

Nidaa
Nidaa

I tried this in Boots today and it is so disappointing. I'm not really impressed with any Marc Jacobs perfumes, and this is nothing special. Yes, the bottle is pretty magnificent and looks even better in real life. But the perfume smells cheap and really nothing special.

I was looking forward to smelling an array of tropical fruits, but all I got was garish, artificial notes of something. Just something. To me, it wasn't fruit. The dry down is sickly, it tends to linger and it dries down to an artificial floral scent.

I was really looking forward to trying this, glad I did, but I am so disappointed. I just hope one day Jacobs puts as much effort into the actual fragrance as he does with his bottles.

SBunny
SBunny

This has now been launched at Boots in the UK.

Sweet, fruity, tropical and bright on the top. I can definitely smell the red berries, I'm unfamiliar with the smell of pitahaya but there was a tropical vibe I'd assume came from that. I can smell the jasmine and the orange blossom in the middle mixed in with the furity top notes as well as the coconut. The dry down is my favourite stage here it's mostly the vanilla with a hint of fruit.

The bottle is adorable in real life. Very cute.

This is a light fresh, fruity scent perfect for summer. The sillage isn't amazing but the lasting power is around 5 hours.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

I got a sample of this yesterday and even though I'm usually not a big fan of the MJ fragrances, this one is very pleasant and long lasting on my skin. The bottle is indeed very cute and a bit "cheesy", which makes me think of a perfume aiming for the younger generation (15-20 maybe?). It lasted surprisingly long on my skin and after being very sweet, it developed into wonderful notes of dragonfruit, coconut and jasmin/vanilla? Definitely for fruity, tropical lovers and ideal for casual summer days. It's not a super complex composition, but surely nice enough to find it's fans.

missarch
missarch

i have smelt it today and got a sample to test it further, to start with it has a very nice, eye catching bottle as expected, not personally my taste but i can see many will purchase the fragrance just because of the pretty packaging. how does it smell? well..nothing ground breaking, very sweet and warm fragrance and settles at the same time, fruity notes (i smell cherries but don't quote me on that) are not that different to any other sweet scents that are already on the market. i didn't have any high expectations so i am not disappointed. it lasts me 5-6 hours . overall to me, it is just another sweet floral fragrance, nothing we haven't seen before.

djwkenn
djwkenn

Will buy this lovely bottle! can't wait I love all Marc Jacobs! Perfumes

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

They really should add a function on this site right before you add your review a pop up is displayed on the computer screen and it should ask, "Have you actually smelled this fragrance before?" and when you click "no" it logs you off of that page.

tropic sugar

Wynter-I mean no offense and surely believe that everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes but you are the one stereo-typing by calling the Marc Jacobs bottle childish.I am simply addressing the fragrance snobs that think Chanel and other high end brands are the only worthy fragrances around. The one review states that the Marc Jacobs bottle Dot looks like it belongs in a four year olds bedroom.That is not stereo-typing?In reference to patchouli, all I meant was that there is a trend right now to masculanize women`s fragrances and I am old school.I prefer my fragrances to smell feminine which is my personal preference.Patchouli does give off a masculine note and it seems like its in everything on the market because fragrance companies think its sexy.I do not believe in following trends. I wear what I like and I know that I am not the only feminine person on this site and just because someone likes patchouli dose not mean I think they are less feminine. I am simply making a point not to judge a fragrance by its bottle.Maybe you should tell Marc Jacobs his new creation looks childish and the other reviewers can tell him the bottle belongs in a four year olds bedroom.Don`t tell someone they are stereo-typing when you have done it yourself:-)LOL

Wynter
Wynter

tropic sugar - femininity is not defined by a fondness for cutesy objects and a dislike of patchouli-based scents. I'm glad you're looking forward to trying the Dot fragrance, but please don't stereotype. Preferring different types of fragrances and not appreciating the whimsy of MJ's bottle designs does not make anyone here less feminine than you.

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

According to Vogue:
"Dot will debut in over 3,300 stores in the United States and Great Britain in July, and a Juergen Teller-shot ad campaign starring model Codie Young will pop up in magazines in September. Bottles of the perfume range in price from $48 to $89, with body lotion selling for $45 and shower gel for $40."

It also said that it will be available in Harvey Nichols from July 7.

tropic sugar

I Have not smelled this fragrance but am looking forward to doing so.I am unashamedly a girly girl and love tropical florals and I am over age 30.I get a kick out of women that trash girly girl scents and feminine bottles.We live in a society where women have lost their femininity.They look and act and smell like men(patchouli bombs)I think marc jacobs perfumes are very nice even though I don`t like all of his scents. I happen to love this bottle.Calling all girly girls and true feminine women that are still attracted to cuteness!:~)

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

I never knew that when it was said that Marc Jacobs was catering for younger generations, that by 'younger generations', one meant preschoolers. At 18, I still consider myself to be rather young, but I would be far too embarrassed to put this bottle on my dressing table or in my handbag, regardless of what the juice smells like.I love Marc Jacobs's clothes and his previous fragrances, but this bottle looks like it belongs in the bedroom of a four year old.

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

After daisies and daisies turning into weeds, we now have ladybirds. And evidently people already know what it smells like, despite it not being released. I'm assuming these people are MJ insiders who have magical keys to his workroom.

I know MJ's catering to younger generations anyway (it's not YSL), but if he comes out with yet another three dozen variations of this perfume that all smell the same, I'm calling it cheap.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Please, PLEASE Mr Jacobs, pour l'amour de Dieu,

Can you maybe take A WEEK off approving new perfumes and actually come out with something with a little bit more originality and depth? I swear every time I pass the fragrance counter I see a new MJ fragrance. They're all neatly lined up on the counter, one behind the other. I know they are trying to cater to the younger crowd (read: more affordable Marc by Marc Jacobs), but I truly believe this mass production of perfumes is hurting the image of the brand.

I find it very hard to recognize the style that MJ gives to his pret-a-porter line when I smell his fruity fragrances... the spirit of it is just not there. Is it even the same company??!! If I am not mistaken, Marc Jacobs for women was his first perfume in 2001 and pretty much the only one with character, to my opinion.

Sorry if this offends anybody. I'm not so young anymore and I probably don't "get" this new kind of fragrances.

Damag

I'm so anxious to smell this cutie!! I honestly think this is going to be another Marc Jacobs masterpiece! I'm a huge fan of most his scents and the ones I dislike I respect, simply because everyone has different taste and everyone's chemistry reacts differently.

AmoreProfumi

SMDH! STOP VOTING FOR THINGS THAT ARE'NT OUT YET!!

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

lol this is insane!
13 reviews and 8 ratings on like/dislikes and... what i love most: on the strongest notes(!?!?!).... and it isnt out yet. one now ought to suppose you all have psychic powers and can foresmell it.
lol.

JohanOfSweden
JohanOfSweden

Crazy must have been an esthetic aim for both design and scent on this one. Gonna ask my contact here in Tokyo for a bottle for review. And yes, I too am I bit perplexed over the inclusion of dragon fruit in this one. But, if anything it could have a reactionary response to other notes in the concoction. We shall see people

sofababe
sofababe

So if all of the reviewers below are looking forward to trying this, who has been voting on which notes are strongest and how do they know if they like or love it???

Red Rose
Red Rose

I always have something for ladybug :) I'll be looking forward to sniff this though I don't know how dragon fruit (pitahaya)smells as I never tasted any before.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This is probably the cutest and most whimsical bottle ever, it reminds me of ladybugs! I'm not a fan of most fruity florals, but this one sounds really nice! The notes are very appealing to me (red berries, PITAHAYA!, vanilla, coconut water), but regardless of whether it's going to be a hit or miss, I don't care, I'm definitely getting this. Simply adorable.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

The bottle is a kinda freaky, but the scent does indeed, sounds a bir more interesting, that the last few from his hand :)

Dot by Marc Jacobs 3.42 out of 5 based on 1301 ratings and 267 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.33oz
MARC JACOBS DOT for WOMEN by Marc Jacobs EAU DE PARFUM ROLLERBALL .33 OZ MINI UNBOXED
Marc Jacobs Fragrance DOT rollerball 0.33 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs Dot Gift Set 3.4oz No Color - Beauty
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs Dot Gift Set 3.4oz No Color - Beauty
Marc Jacobs Dot Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Marc Jacobs Dot Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Dot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Dot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dot by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dot by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.