Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Honey Marc Jacobs for women

honey

Honey by Marc Jacobs is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Honey was launched in 2013. Honey was created by Annie Buzantian and Ann Gottlieb. Top notes are pear, mandarin orange and punch; middle notes are honeysuckle, orange blossom and peach; base notes are honey, vanilla and woodsy notes.

Pear Mandarin Orange Punch

Honeysuckle Orange Blossom Peach

Honey Vanilla Woodsy Notes

Cool Water
Dot
Lollipop Bling Honey

Honey Fragrance Reviews

On me this is a combo that doesn't work. Glad others like it, but bitter, tart fruits and sweet sticky sugary notes don't blend well on my skin and it ends up being too sweetly fruity in the end. It definitely has a sunshine feel to it and with different skin chemistry could be very pretty

Kiku
Kiku

Typical Marc Jacobs -- wonderful scent but somehow not compelling. There's no urgency to get this, no sense that your collection is incomplete without it. But it is very, very nice: the opening sparkles with citrus and honeysuckle. The heart: luscious peaches and canteloupe. The honey comes out in the drydown along with vanilla and something a bit woody(cashmere?). It is as warm, sweet, and ripe as a summer's day. But there is one flaw(to me) in the formulation: "Honey" turns VERY soapy in it's heart. The soapy note starts to fade, and eventually disappears, in the drydown but while it lasts it is sharp and intense. It gave me a headache. But, overall, Jacobs best so far, a good one for anybody's collection. And as usual, the bottle is adorable! Jacobs really does have some of the cutest bottles around!

dreamz_ash
dreamz_ash

Not sure about this scent. The main note I smell is honeysuckle, then pear and honey ( I know most people can't detect honey, but for some reason its noticeable on my skin) The combination is weird to me, its not at all bad, but Im not in love

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

This fragrance is wonderfully soft. I first noticed the pear notes more than anything else, and then the honeysuckle with them. That's all the perfume smelled like for a while.

Later on, the vanilla and peach came out for me and it turned into an even softer scent.

This is maybe not as layered or complicated a fragrance as most people might prefer, but it is so pleasant to have on, I personally don't mind. I do wish it smelled more like honeysuckle; to me that's sort of an afterthought to the pear, peach and other notes in this fragrance.

It also did not last incredibly long on me.

I am still making up my mind how I feel about it. Not sure I'd spend the money on a larger sized bottle.

kendallmanson
kendallmanson

mmm it's really good, i can REALLY smell a nice mix of honeysuckle and honey but there's also a smack of punch in it that makes it kind of different. overall you smell clean but not soapy or "fresh" necessarily. not as good as daisy in my opinion but worth taking a sniff. you'll probably really like it.

rachamacc
rachamacc

This a bright scent at first. Apple or pear on first spray reminds me of DKNY Be Delicious. It dries down really close to the skin, delicate sweet honeysuckle. It reminds me of a oil perfume I used to have, this is the honeysuckle I wanted. I like this but I think I would like it more if it lasted longer.

vnv.ucr
vnv.ucr

I don't know where ppl don't smell the honey. It is not an under performer. It lasts majority of the day. It's like a floral honeysuckle scent.
Very pretty, sophisticated. I personally own several marc jacobs fragrances because they have a more adult and business scent to them.

Inventress
Inventress

Marc Jacobs Honey is a fresh floral-fruity fragrance suitable for summer months. Recently it has been advertised everywhere, but its smell is nothing special. It smells like any yearly floral-fruity spring/summer offering with a noticeable dose of honey, which permeates the composition in a somewhat obtrusive way. Mandarin orange and pear open the fragrance on citrus and fruity notes, with the former extended and florafied in the midnotes by orange blossom. Honeysuckle builds on the white floral vibe. Peach adds to the honey facet to make the sweetness fresh.

Despite the theoretically delicious pairing of white flowers and honey, Honey smells a touch synthetic. The fragrance has a decent longevity of 4-5 hours and a sillage similar to any eau de toilette (radiating about an arm’s length and leaving a light trail), but its projection and (unnatural,) bright, bubbly character quickly fade.

Unfortunately, there is not enough to set this fragrance apart from the competition.

Beccaru
Beccaru

The bottle is cute and the Marc Jacobs name draws you in and is appealing but this smells cheap to my nose.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Love this fragrance. I thought it was honeydew that I was smelling, but I see that it is pear. Lovely scent!

megrim
megrim

Whilst I make a habit of wearing anything and everything, ignoring both marketing and ideas of feminine and masculine, this one may have finally got me.

The opening is shrill and cheap, and it doesn't get a whole lot better from then on. I'm usually a fan of pear, but here it's thin and screechy, quavering over a glare of sickly-sweet florals. In an effort to present as fun, lively and youthful it slides into teenage-girl, aerosol spray territory. There's a lovely orange blosssom fighting away in the background, but by the time the aggressive pear and florals have subsided the orange blossom has given up and gone home.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan. In saying that - I do think this could've been quite good with a bit of depth to it. A thrumming bass note to help counter balance all the piercing treble could've made a world of difference.

Longevity is decent, sillage is moderate-at-best.

Simkitty181
Simkitty181

Although i bought the adorable pink bottle instead of the original, i'm still going to leave my review here :P

Compared to it's sister perfume (Dot) this one is alot sweeter, and alot more floral...But there is definately this background to both that smell very similar...

Honey is alot lighter and fluttery than dot...although, do not let the name decieve you. It smells nothing like honey...It smells more like Fruit punch...with the dominant fruit in that punch being Madarian orange. The dry down is a lovely clean, fruity scent...

It's nice, but I wouldnt pay 80$+ for something reminiscent of my laundry soap...
I'm sorry.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

I really like the original Dot but unfortunately this one isn't my cup of tea. On paper it smells really lovely like honey, pear and fruits but when I spray it on my skin all I get is sharp, overbearing citrus. I tried it multiple times but I keep getting the same results. Such a pity cause but I skip this one.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am kind of confused why its called Honey because it doesn't smell of honey even remotely.
What it DID reminded me off was Be Delicious by DKNY(the one in the red bottle). Its not exactly same but similar. Bright fruity scent that is rather young and fresh. I would have never guessed that bottom notes include vanilla because I couldn't smell even slightest traces of it. Neither did I smell orange blossom which is too bad. Fresh fruity floral-very similar to VS and BBW scents. Not that its a bad thing but its not anything that has not been done before
and I don't really care for bottle-but that's clearly a matter of taste
P.S. I am totally flabbergasted why so many voted it being similar to Daisy-Daisy to me smelled floral and grassy. Honey smells fruity. Not even close.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

I simply don't understand, why a description so good could turn out bad in reality. I think it's my body chemistry? Or maybe I just dislike the perfume so much, other than the cute bottle. The reason I was interested in it in the first place.

babykays
babykays

it smells peachy sweet and black and yellow like that *what's this supposed to mean?*. it's young and cute and girly.
lovely scent for sunday, laying on your bed reviewing your new perfumes on fragrantica, waiting for my 4 bottles of jo malone perfume to be arrived.

but the bottle says honey, where the honey at?

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

I looooove the bottle. Looks different on my dresser but smells....cheap n one way. I love multi faceted scents, but honey is just a straight to the point kinda fruity citrusy scent. From first sniff to dry down I am not impressed. Definitely not my cup of tea. Syrupy...reminds me of a bodysplash I can't put my finger on. Oh I remember, smells like my lil sister's body lotion or shampoo.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Part of my love and adoration for perfumes comes from the luxury of the item, how feminine I feel when I pick up a delicate glass bottle and choose which scent I'm going to give off for the day. It's such a simple pleasure of mine.

That being said - The Marc Jacobs perfume bottles really clash with my otherwise more "adult" looking perfume collection, with the polka dots, the plastic cap/honeybee combo; You can tell this is a fragrance that was marketed for young adults, teenagers, etc.

As someone in my 20's, I *DO* feel a little bit too old for this fragrance, and this is probably the VERY LAST perfume anybody that I know would EVER picture me in - but I do DEFINITELY love it. (that took a shockingly positive turn, didn't it?)

The reasons why I dislike Honey are the same reasons why I enjoy Honey - It is different from everything else that I have. The fragrance itself is not mindblowingly unique, but it is something enjoyable, with clear notes that don't clash. It is a sassy, young, vibrant, clean, uplifting, "happy" smell, that reminds me of sunshine, spring, fields, laughter, all things that are lovely. Definitely a warm citrus smell, not too sweet, and to me, it is comforting as well. After the dry-down, the perfume feels like a big hug.

Warning: Less is more - bathing in this fragrance turns a soft, lovely, bright smell into something scathing, harsh, sharp, and overpowering.

And lastly, I find this perfume performs better when it's rather hot weather outside. It takes away some of the sharp "soap" scent, and rounds the fragrance out into a more warm, "honey" smell. So I will never touch this in the winter.

Aranea
Aranea

Not going to be a favorite. I get a hit of honeysuckle and mixed fruits, maybe pear. The fragrance dies down very quickly to something that strikes me as "generic summery perfume scent." The fruit leaves quickly, leaving the floral to linger weakly for a few more hours.

On my skin, the sillage was almost non-existent after the first hour.

Ok, I need to say that the bottle is lovely and happy and even better in person. It looks positive and springy, but... I think many of us know that a hyperbolic or too ornated bottle doesn't often match a good jus inside. This is the case with Honey.
I thought I was honey hater in scents. They are nauseous. Honey... how do they distille honey?
Instead I discovered to my surprise that many perfumes I like contain a honey note, but not as total dominant note.
This Honey by Marc Jakobs smells very flat yet spicy honey coming from beehives on a distant alien planet maybe?
The opening is very strong and grab your head mixed with alcool, then it's the triumph of so-called "honey" smashed with some spice for good measure. I thought: "Well, should I say this smells bad? No, I cant. Can you say it's a beautiful scent? No, honestly." So I don't know where to place to generic blast of weird spiced honey. Not a stinker, but probably boring after a while and quite little dimensioned. It lasts well both on mouillette and skin, but thi is a case when longevity is not necessarily a good thinkg.

xVal
xVal

Smells like lemon & honey on me, not a fan..
While people saying its sweet, it's very sour on me.

mistykerryn
mistykerryn

This is a pleasant smell, it' sweet and fruity. Didn't really remind me of honey, but it's a nice scent anyway. I think the bottle is pretty also. However this does smell a lot cheaper than it is, I'm not saying it's bad, but this could probably pass off as something like a body mist, it's really sweet and young. Nothing wrong with this perfume, but for the huge price tag, and brand name, you'd just expect a lot more.

I am contemplating on what to do with Honey, I find it to be a nice soft fruity floral. But I don't find it interesting enough to wear it, Marc Jacobs is in truth not putting much creativity and punch into his creations..or he likes to think women all like fuzzy fruity juicy perfumes!?i or that we all are under 21!? I think he doesn't know women at all.
We are far here from the beautiful Daisy, this is a tad generic..not complex, vaguely nice..

christinavictory
christinavictory

I went to Sephora today to pick up another bottle of my favorite perfume in the whole world, Marc Jacobs Dot. I smelled honey several months ago, and remembered liking it (but apparently not enough to make me buy it) but I couldn't remember what it smelled like. I've been curious about it lately, since Dot has now become my staple and my signature, and this is it's sister scent. Unfortunately, they are not at all the same. Dot is fresh, fruity, tropical, spicy, adventurous, exotic, and just all around perfect. Honey, on the other hand, is not. Honey is like a lame movie sequel that follows a masterpiece film: while it is ok in and of itself, it's just disappointing when compared to its predecessor. At first, Honey smells like fruit punch, such wonderful truth in note listing. The fruit punch lasts quite a while, and, since fruit punch is pretty various and sweet, I think the pear, tangerine, and peach just kinda get sucked up into the big sweet fruit punch mess. There is a bit of honeysuckle to try to balance it, butt hat ends up making it even sweeter, and the orange flower adds some actual balance, though not much. Eventually it turns to something vaguely similar to honey. Now, I should say, there are days I love smelling like a big bowl of juicy fruits. For the most part, I love fruity fragrances. People can complain about it all the want, but the reason there are SO MANY fruity florals out there is because they smell good. I unashamedly adore them. This one however, leaves me flat. It's a cute bottle and I'd love to have it sitting next to my first dot empty on a shelf, but I can't spend $70 on something that honestly smells almost exactly like Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez, which I can get for much cheaper. If I want to smell like a juicy synthetic fruit punch bomb, I think I'd rather just do that. Very sad, I wanted to love this like I love it's predecessor but I just...don't. I don't hate it, but I'm not really sure I can say I like it either.

EDIT: I find this scent truly perplexing. Sometimes I smell it and I love it, and find it reminiscent of Dot. Sometimes, it smells like a sticky, fruity mess, and I hate it. Other days it's still really fruity and just extremely floral and I don't know. I am testing it again today, and the one thing I really have to say, is that, while I am still not sure if I like it or not, if bees had a smell, this is what they would smell like. It does make me think of bees. Yellow, fuzzy bees that have been flying around landing on various fruits and flowers all day and still have a touch of honey from back at the hive. Pretty much all I think about when I smell it today. So I think I understand the concept Marc Jacobs was going for. It's not supposed to smell like honey per se, but rather the little insects who make honey.

lirael00
lirael00

Hmmm, what can I say...I got a sample of this and I don't really care about this one, it smells something similar like honey, but why on earth would you want to smell like that? It's not that the smell is wrong, is just that I wouldn't wear that as there are so many other different perfumes who can offer you so much more.

SunnyGo93
SunnyGo93

I absolutely love, love, LOVE this fragrance! The bottle is adorable! It's a really nice white floral and honey combination. It's not bland or boring, and also not too girl and flirty for me either. It's elegant and so...happy. This is the first "high end" fragrance that I have ever sniffed, bought, and have been obsessing with ever since!

I do agree, with a lot of fragrance fanatics, that this perfume pricing is WAYY out of it's place.

Aside from everything good or bad about this fragrance, I give it 9/10.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Smelled this 5 minutes ago and was so indifferent towards it, I don't even remember what it smelled like..

Aspendina
Aspendina

I know this is a fragrance and all but if ur gonna name it Honey then I expect it to smell sweet and like honey. It just smells perfumy, no honey note, no sweetness. I don't get it, I feel lied too.
Staying power is excellent though.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Wait, people were expecting a sexy fragrance from a perfume called Honey… in a dotted yellow bottle with honey bees on it… Does Marc Jacobs even have a sexy perfume??? If you are looking for sexy then don’t even look in the direction of a Marc Jacobs fragrance!!! He is quite consistent in his message that a woman should smell like a freshly plucked flower lol I’m not complaining, as I am a big fan of his original perfume in the plain bottle. However, I accept his fragrances for what they are. In fact, I wish he had put out Lola, Daisy and Dot when I was in middle and high school. They would have been my favorite fragrances. I’m not saying that the fragrances are juvenile, but I do mean that those bottles were purposely meant to attract females aged 14-23. Nothing wrong with that either… Great marketing in fact.

Anyways, I went off on a tangent. I like Honey best out of Marc Jacobs’ “pretty bottle fragrances.” To me it is sweet like honey. I say that because it’s not overly floral like Daisy, Dot and Lola, but it IS super sweet like honey. Thus, the name fits as far as I’m concerned. And I was surprised how long I could smell it on my skin- a good 6 hours, strong for about 3 of those 6.

Honey is a great spring/summer daytime fragrance. It won’t bring the boys to the yard, but as someone else stated not all perfumes are supposed to be sexy. I intend on purchasing Honey, but not immediately. She doesn’t top my list, but she IS on my list of future purchases. For me Honey is a “really like” but not a “oh my gosh, I HAVE to have it” love.

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

Honey is a great adition to Marc Jacobs's vinyl series. I've heard people complain that it's not sexy, but honestly, not every perfume needs to be sexy. Honey is a light-hearted perfume which I believe is what it is meant to be. It's a very versatile perfume especially if you just want to smell like flowers.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i love this frag, its soo much feminine intens and sour sweet

Penelope17
Penelope17

I don't personally think that this is supposed to smell like actual real honey. I like to think of it more as Marc Jacobs impression of honey perhaps. Either way, it is FABULOUS.

It also lasts quite a while which is great and something I did not experience with Dot by Marc Jacobs.

LuiLui
LuiLui

Just got it as a Valentine's Day gift and I love it!
Fresh and pleasant.
Thank you Baby!

zzMaja
zzMaja

My sense of taste and smell is very keen. I used to work at a food tech lab testing food for the astronauts on the first mission to the moon so I am pretty astute. I like this perfume, it is light, very fruity, somewhat flowery - but I was looking for the honey and could not find it. I would not buy it, but I did enjoy wearing it for the day. It smelled better out doors than indoors.

arlina1
arlina1

This never moved past the punch smell and peach. It was more like a bowl of peach punch decorated with orange blossoms. I never smelled honey which was disappointing considering the name.

In Vogue
In Vogue

This begins with a blast of orange citrus, very fresh and sugary sweet, like an orange pop. The honey note is barely noticable, so if you're looking for that, you'll be disappointed. In that sense the name and bottle design is rather misleading. It's a very linear, single note style scent, along the lines of a natural shampoo or soap from the 70's. Sillage is weak, and longevity isn't really more than an hour.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I'm not a fan. I smell more pear than honey. The pear lingers and becomes stale after 20 mintues. It's a shame the bottle is lovely.

ladymidnight
ladymidnight

It doesn't smell remotely like honey to me. All I can smell is harsh citrus, like lemon-scented dishwashing soap.

Smells like citrus, sour and sweet

Love it
Reminds me a bit of circus fantasy

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This perfume smells good.But JUST good. I would not pay the 80$ they are asking for the 50 ml bottle. Honeslty it smells like drug store 12$ perfume. Sad.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I love the bottle. I wish the perfume smelled half as good as the bottle looks. So far I've been really disappointed with Marc Jacobs perfumes. I thought that since this has heavy notes of white floral (which is my thing), that I would love this.

It immediately gave me a headache.

It smells like crushed honeysuckle soaked in honey. I smell nothing else. I got none of the fruity top notes or middle notes, which would have balanced it out a lot....and I keep waiting for the vanilla and woodsy dry down, but like a bad movie, you keep waiting and waiting, but it never gets better.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Finally, no false advertizing on a perfume. This smells just like honey. And strong too. It is great to capture the scent of honey before it disapears with all the bees. Why is everyone complaining on the price? Check fragrance.net or ebay.

Lali_7
Lali_7

First of all, this scent reminds me of the Honeymania line from The Body Shop. I like the scent for the body butter, but as a perfume this is not a great idea. To me perfume should be a little more elegant and refined. This scent is too simple and gets annoying after a while. Lasting power also leaves a lot to be desired. I am now convinced that Marc Jacobs is incapable of making anything good scent wise, and another tacky bottle doesn't make up for it. So if I really wanted to smell strongly of honey flowers I'd go with The Body Shop.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

No. Just no.

This smells like a stereotype of everything perfume haters hate about perfume.

Maybe it would be better dabbed than sprayed, but sprayed it's opening is loud and obnoxious. It smells strongly of pear, which isn't so much the problem as it smells like a pear scented body lotion rather than actual pear. After that there's just a heavy sweetness which, to their credit, does echo the feel of honey. But it's the difference between mass market "honey" and fresh, local honey. This is the former. Too sweet, too loud, too one dimensional. I think I vaguely smell nectarines in there somewhere, but it's taken me three times to finally realize that charm.

For my money I much prefer Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne which smells just as real as this smells chemical and artificial. It's everything I was hoping this fragrance would be based on the bottle.

saraho899
saraho899

Smells just like the nice and cheap handsoap in my bathroom right now, but somehow doesn't last as long on my skin as the soap smell does. :(

Liquid Softsoap - $2.50 for 7.5 oz

Marc Jacobs Honey - $52.00 for 1 oz

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

fuggi181
fuggi181

not as honeyliscious as I wished

emigyaru
emigyaru

I made the splurge and purchased the 3.4 oz bottle gift set only after testing the perfume at the store counter several times and using their samples. I absolutely love the sweet scent; but it's definitely not honey that I am smelling though. It's something more like pear and peaches (which is my favorite note!). I also like that it's light, sweet and feminine. Definitely not offensive.

The fact that it is a EDP throws me off, I would more likely label it was a EDT or...worse, a body mist because of the lighter sillage and shorter lasting power. Therefore the $94 price tag that I paid (before taxes) is not very appropriate, but hey - you're mainly paying for the name anyways.

Also, I think the bottle design is very cute. ^^

ru2
ru2

Very "pretty", fresh, young inoffensive smelling scent. Very light and different. This one is quite popular.

Though a property of this scent, is that it just dissapates in about a minute flat of spraying, you can barely tell its there! Definitly not a head turner. Use if you want to smell clean, particularly if you're freshly showered. I gotta agree with others and say its more like a body spray.

Gotta hand it to Marc Jacobs, because yet again, he has got spot on what the 12-25 age group want from a perfume brand and bottle. The bottle is just so cute and fun, like a work of art even. Its design is really in right now. Definitely wouldn't mind having it on my dressing table!

Cw830
Cw830

It's a non-juicy fruity-floral. I do like the fragrance, but I wouldn't consider it a perfume unless you are someone with a very sensitive nose. We raise honeybees, and this is sweet but not quite like the light honeys like Tupelo or Orange blossom. My personal opinion is that although Honey is mainly fructose, it shouldn't smell so much like fruit. It is still an interesting composition - has some of the complexity and richness of honey but made from fruit skin and fruit blossom nectars with absolutely no pollen.

I think Honeyfruit or Nectar would have been better names. What I mainly notice lacking from this honey perfume is that even cooled, crystallized, processed honey smells warm and somewhat spicy. There is a little spike from fruit but it mainly just reminds me of concentrated fruit punch.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Got this sample in the mail, and wasn't really planning on even trying it, to be honest.

By chance, I found it on the dresser one day and thought, "okay, sure" and spritzed it into the air, thinking the room could use a little something. Instant headache. It's a watery, chemically sweetness.. the bite of it isn't citrus at all, but just chemical and acidic if you inhale too closely. No soft, warm honey here :(

I had read numerous bad reviews about this, and well frankly, all of Marc Jacob's new fragrances.. So sad to watch a brand sink so low to sell something so generic, and in this case, just.. awful. It honestly reminds me of the scent they would add to plastic toys when I was younger.. or even a honeyed version of Windex. :/

bootsincollege
bootsincollege

For the rollerball price, I like it. For a higher price, I'll pass. The scent is uplifting. However, I find it one dimensional. I added one drop of patchouli to enhance its character. I will not purchase this product again.

stephchang86
stephchang86

This is such a beautifully sad perfume. It's a shame really, the design of the bottle is so lovely and cheerful but what's inside is an instantly forgettable perfume.
With all the beautiful notes like pear, honeysuckle, orange blossom, peach, honey and vanilla, it still fails to satisfy my pickiness in perfumes. There's nothing outstanding about the perfume other than the beautiful yellow bottle.
It's too 'diluted', if I were to put it in a foodie term. It feels more like a cheap cologne you buy from pharmacies and not worth the expensive price at all for such a perfume that's gone almost instantly as soon as you apply it.
I really hope they never actually created this perfume just to boost their sales in the market. 'Cause they could really do so much better than this!

KissLand
KissLand

This smells nothing like Mariah Carey's fragrance !?!?!?!?

$83 dollars ummmmm no, they should sell it for $14.00.... This fragrance house has gone insane with this one

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I had this sprayed on me today when I purchased my Viva La Juicy and I WILL be going back and buying this at a later date! I keep going back and smelling my arm where it was put... That was 6 hours ago and it still has a light sweet fragrance. It will be a PERFECT spring and summer fragrance!

It started it almost to sweet-fruity, but as it mixed with my body chemistry it is not more sweet with a beautiful blend of white florals... I JUST LOVE IT!

dkny27
dkny27

Wow...sweet, sweet, sweet! Lots of peachy pear and big flouncy honeysuckle. Very powerful scent and the longevity of the scent w/ that same potent level of fragrant notes is quite long. As with many fumes, they die down and release different notes and settle nicely onto the skin. This one carries that sweet brightness hour after hour, not necessarily a good thing.
Quite a perfume bomb for today's newer scents. Not for me though.

chattedenuit
chattedenuit

Bought it because of that nostalgic smells of that yellow Johnson &Johnson baby shampoo from childhood, maybe I was subconsciously wooed by that cute funny bottle as well. Kind of regretting it though, since it's too expensive for its actual worth of baby shampoo+plasticky notes+ pungent artificial flavoured syrup notes. Also smells like liquid handwash in my office. This is my first Marc Jacobs perfume and I think it is going to be the last. Anyway, I'll be searching for another better perfume with Johnson shampoo smell (Is it some kind of imitation of honeysuckle?) Any suggestion?

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I have received it as a gift from my partner.
I have mixed feelings when it comes to Honey and I shall tell you for why.
Firstly, I wouldn't classify it as a floral fruity fragrance. To me, it is a floral green fragrance with a subtle sweet twist.
Secondly, it has the lasting power of a cologne, not even an EDT and while yes, Honey has not been intended as a LOOK!!!! I AM HERE!!! type of statement fragrance, it should possess at least 5-6 hours worth of skin clinging properties but after an hour and a half it is pretty much gone.
The silage is an inch or two radius, again, not acceptable for an Eau De Parfum.
If you ask me if I like it, I would say YES. I do like the combination of honeysuckle (one of my favourite garden climbers, intoxicating and sensual) and Neroli (bitter sweet aroma that symbolizes life, which ususally turns out to be bitter sweet).
I love the notes. No question.
But the quality???? Hey, it is Marc Jacobs we're talking about. I am proud to own Lola, Daisy and Blush as these do come with hefty price tags that can be justified by the QUALITY.
Honey doesn't know how to defend itself. It is expensive and while I love the fragrance, it should be labelled a body mist rather than EDP.
Shame on you Mr Jacobs, Honey is a bright day robbery!!!
Rather than concentrating on releasing a nonsense fragrance in a unique, ''standing out in crowd'' bottle, you should focus on the content as IT IS content that we all ultimately pay for.
I truly believe that the only part of population that can be satisfied with the purchase are bottle collectors, not the fragrance users.

Notes: 9/10
Silage: 2/10
Lasting power: 2/10

P.S. No matter how many times I put my nose to my wrists, I cannot detect any honey note whatsoever.
The idea behind calling ''Honey'' a fragrance without the honey note in it is beyond me.

I agree with the opinions that honey does not dominate this fragrance. I really like it, and looking at the notes, it is not surprising. Pear, orange blossom and vanilla have been always my favourites. And, the bottle is little piece of art.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Marc Jacobs Honey is less sweet than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Honeysuckle, which is a flower note that I adore, is more prominent than the honey itself. The fruits are soft but also with a pleasant fresh citrusy touch, however to me this fragrance is slightly more floral than fruity. I find it quite lovely and enjoy it much more than I thought I would. However, those who try this fragrance looking for a heavy sweet honey scent will be disappointed.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Its NOT a honey scent. Its a pleasant peary-punch scent that has some honey like ideas. The longevity is good. About 7 hours into it, I can smell it. It dries down vanilla like and its MUCH better then but it takes a long time to get there...about 3 hours. I don't think I would buy it but wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if someone gave it to me

sandrawoah
sandrawoah

Such an adorable bottle! On me this perfume smells like a blend of pear, honeysuckle and musk. I love how it smells on me. It's sweet and feminine but not too overpowering. A lot of people have commented that it smells like MJ's daisy but I feel like they smell very different. On me Daisy is a floral bomb where as Honey is a sweet and woodsy scent.

I use definitely recommend that you give it a try. I was not disappointed. :D

VJ2
VJ2

Adorable bottle. A bit disappointed with the scent. I was looking forward to the honey note but all I got was a synthetic lemon pledge smell for hours!

katierichardson
katierichardson

This smells of tropical fruit, where is the honey?

irenesa
irenesa

This has to be a joke..eh where is the honey?

sweetjess
sweetjess

It doesn't really smell of Honey but I do love the fruit punch smell that it gives. It is truly a pretty generic smell but if you like Marc Jacobs and fruity fragrances it's still a great one to have in your collection. Unfortunately it doesn't last so long though. But for me, the bottle makes it all worth it - I love the cute little buzzy bees! :)

Malibu
Malibu

I can't separate all of the fruity notes used in Honey; they're all mingled together very closely. If I had to guess, I'd suggest that there is raspberry underneath the pear notes. There is enough citrusy notes present to stop the sweeter fruits from becoming too overbearing.

The listed honeysuckle and orange blossom are by far the strongest floral notes on me, and I'd also guess that there is some combination of clean and powdery florals such as neroli, lotus and/or heliotrope too. Sometimes I can pick up on the honey note as I find that it develops around the same time as the orange blossoms, but other times the note is too quiet and is hidden by the florals.

The shift into the base is subtle; a vanilla-infused sandalwood note develops after 3-4 hours, and mingles with the lingering orange blossom.

Honey has surprised me with its lightness - I was expecting something heavier and sweeter. I'm not saying that it isn't sweet, it's just that I find the sweetness fresh and zesty, rather then cloying and obviously artificial, and it is the floral notes that stand out the most.

I'm also impressed with it's longevity and sillage - I think that this wears longer then any of the other Marc Jacobs fragrances and makes more of an impression on other people - without slapping them across their faces.

crazygal
crazygal

I was really disappointed smelling this today. I have not yet disliked a Marc Jacobs scent till today... This smells so bad, so artificial and generic. Very cheap smelling but the honeysuckle note is very prominent so if you adore that then go try it out, DO NOT BLIND BUY because you could be very very regretful! I love all the other MJ scents, except for this. Even if I got this as a present, i would probably sell it... Not worth the money in my opinion. Not saying I hate this alot, just expectecd more from MJ as all of their other scents are spectacularly made.

gabri
gabri

Seems to be made from artificial essences, so it lasts forever ( which I don't like ) and it's also too pungent for me .Disapponting.

em.caroline.9
em.caroline.9

this one missed the "marc" for me. a little too sweet and bland, fine if you take the marc jacobs label off it a guess. just stacked up next to the rest of his fragrance its a major letdown. lets hope for an amazing one in 2014.

hanilee84

Tried this at a Sephora equivalent in HK and was not impressed. I was expecting honey and peach (according to a H magazine review) and I got fruit punch? Not too great with my skin.
I am sure there are some who will like this scent so suggest trying it on your skin and being 110 percent sure before purchase!

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I smelled this and I thought, "Generic. I've smelt this before". It turned out to be exactly the same as Daisy by Marc Jacobs. No honey whatsoever. White floral bomb. Pretty unimpressive if you ask me. However, it definitely smells pleasant, just very reminiscent of run-on-the-mill perfumes.

aroha.lee
aroha.lee

I fell in love with this today, has all my fave notes and after nearly 7 hours of wear it still lingers on my skin, playfull and happy with a cutsie bottle love!

toffee999
toffee999

Maybe Kim Kardashian's new perfume also called Honey or something akin to that will smell better than Marc Jacobs 'Honey'from what the general consenus here is saying!!!! And just saying Im not biased, in fact I don't like any of Kim's fragrances yet.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

fizzy lemonade

onlineallday
onlineallday

What Honey? All I can smell is just a bunch of highly fragrant flowers in full bloom and ready to be pollenated. Very polleny and sweet. It's very potent too. One little spray and it sticks around all day!

lisa o
lisa o

dreadful, an immediate scrubber.
marc jacobs has become the epitome of bad taste and stupid perfume.

vanillamoss
vanillamoss

May I first say that I am sick of mainstream fragrances being falsely advertised. It's not fair to the consumers who are looking forward to purchasing it.

Ok, so I am just like all of you who were expecting this to smell like natural honey. Instead I got a watered-down fruit punch with an artificial honeysuckle. It would've been lovely had they made the top notes a dazzling honey and a natural-smelling honeysuckle and maybe finish it off with other white florals and vanilla.

Instead of trying to pump out mediocre fragrances every few months, big brands really need to take the time and money they have to create a fragrance that is truly unique and that people will actually love and lust over. It's just sad.

rockegg
rockegg

Putting the expectation of honey aside, the top notes are effervescent like a sparkling sunlit mimosa brunch. The dry down is generic fruit. The base fizzles out. My guess is this won't be sold long.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I agree with most other reviewers: this one is very generic. I think the fact that reviewers have voted four other perfumes as smelling similar to it speaks for itself!

If you want something that smells very close to honey (I haven't yet encountered anything that smells just like honey from start to finish), try Tokyo Milk's Honey and the Moon. I'm a floral-fruity and gourmand perfume lover and this perfume's one of my favourites- it smells just like honey when you first put it on.

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

I have to agree with many others on this one. I was really hoping for a true honey scent. I get a mostly all citrus, with a very light touch of honey. All in all it's not a bad fragrance just not what I was hoping for. Actually I feel a little mislead by the name Honey, because unfortunately it almost non existent in this fragrance.

veronica0131
veronica0131

Had a tester.. not liking at the first sniff...
its quite plastic to me. Not buying

If you looking for sth Honey-ish, Elie Saab La Parfum is honey rose based(just bought, my fav) and the new Intense has a really(almost too much for me) sweet honey dry-down.

Aeris
Aeris

Biggest dissapointment ever. I was looking forward to this since it was first announced because I love honey notes. But instead, what I got was a glass of punch with a drop of honey in it. Why even name it honey? Such a waste of a cute bottle.

kate.gibson.106
kate.gibson.106

Just received my sample of this and I think it's great. It smells nothing like honey, but it does smell delicious. It's sweet, but also bright and summery. It's a bit "young" but in my opinion that's a good thing. I like a nice youthful scent. I was very impressed by how long it lasts on my skin as well. I don't know if I would buy a large bottle of this because the price is too much, but I do like it.

lilacteeth
lilacteeth

I recieved this as a sample with another purchase I had made. I am not going to say I disliked it, but for the price, the lasting power is zilch and then to top that off, the drydown is pleasant at first but ends up smelling like wood shavings mixed with a vague flowery smell. For me, the overall impression is that it's watered down - vaguely melon, vaguely flower...just vague. I would much prefer this as an inexpensive body spray or maybe a rollerball that I could apply throughout the day especially in the Spring. It is much too expensive for the quality of it. It is a pleasant smell indeed - though not remotely anything of honey scent comes through but maybe 'honey' is just a name to convey flowery, fun, springtime aesthetics. This scent would be ideal for a young teen or even a little girl's first perfume because it is so inoffensive and sweet. Overall, I am not taken by this scent but I don't doubt that a little girl would love it.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is so cute - I feel it would be mean to give it the thumbs down! It's a fairly generic sweet floral summery scent and would probably be ideal for a young teen.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

I hadn't read about the notes before I tried this on today. To me this smells just like honeydew melon, like 95% melon with a faint floral note - honeysuckle/jasmine-like. I was hoping for more actual smell of honey. After a little over an hour, only a very faint scent remained.

elegia
elegia

I could not have been more excited about this fragrance launch - the name, the notes, and even the bottle just seemed absolutely perfect for me. When I went to try it at Nordstrom's, they didn't yet have it in stock and were only taking pre-orders, but they had a tester bottle and I adored how it smelled on a tester strip - it smelled delightfully fresh, sweet, and juicy. I mostly smelled honeysuckle, but there was a lovely citrus vibe that was sweet, not sharp, and kept it from being a flat floral scent. I was already wearing perfume at the time, so I got a sample to take home with me. I wore it the next day to work and was extremely disappointed. I usually don't take well to any fragrance immediately after application, but I was surprised at how much I disliked it on me. Sadly, it didn't get better during the day (and I generally like the drydown on most perfumes even if I can't stand the top and middle notes). It smelled incredibly artificial with a sharp alcoholic or plasticy component, and really just smelled like floral soap. I was baffled, and I even asked my co-workers what they thought. "Well, it's not a *bad* smell," they said. Not a single one agreed that "Honey" was an appropriate name at all, and while this doesn't automatically give it a thumbs down for me, I'm still really disappointed with how artificial this fragrance smelled once it interacted with my skin. I'm glad I only spritzed on a little on my wrists, otherwise I surely would have gotten a massive headache. Very jealous of people who can make this scent work for them!

Herestoshuttingup
Herestoshuttingup

What a let down! I was hoping for a full, rich honey scent but here we have yet another watery fruity-floral from Marc Jacobs. It's sweet and fruity and pleasant but totally generic and boring. Similar to Daisy and Mariah Carey's Honey LPB frag, smells like sweet, fruity, shampoo or something. It's not bad but at this price point I expect more and each Marc Jacobs perfume seems to be more dull than the last.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Todayi specifically went to sephora today and picked up a good size sample of this perfume bc I blind bought the biggest bottle and just as I suspected I absolutely love this fragrance. I love anything that Marc Jacobs does and this is by far on of his best :) the scent is very citrusy and sweet it really blends together very well. Perfect for summer and right after u shower apply this and the lasting power is about 5 hours on me just what can I say I love this 10/10 its fantastic!

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

I tried this in The Bay yesterday; I sprayed a little into the air and some came off on my hand. Pleasant, nondescript little floral, that is all. No staying power, behaves like a linear fragrance on me. Nothing different or distinctive about it. Cute bottle, but meh.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Very dissapointed - this smells like Marc Jacobs Dot , with some cheap and artificial punch put in it. Well it is not a bad fragrance, but boring and seen a thousand times before.

I hoped it would be more honey-ish - I don't get any honey at all.

I love Marc Jacobs as a designer, but his fragrances to me smells all the same, and very safe, like something for shy teenagegirls. But I love all his bottles and I can't understand why so cute and whimsical bottles have to have so boring and ordinary fragrances inside.

The Honey bottle is the cutest bottle I have seen for a long time. It is not elegant at all, but funny, cute and girly. Sadly, the bottle is the best thing about Honey.

EmJem
EmJem

This perfume smells heveanly. I wasn't too convinced when i first smelt it on a test strip, but on my skin its perfect. The honey isn't too overpowering and really compliements the other notes. I LOVE IT!

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Delightful fresh-fruity-sweet, joyfully warm-sunny-honey mix on my skin. Delicious peachy fruit punch swirling with fresh pears and mandarin oranges, lush honeysuckle and smooth orange blossom dancing on a restrained vanilla and very subdued anchoring wood. Carefree and fun! No powdery notes or dirty musk to interfere with the yummy juicy-fruit vibes on this one. As casual, fresh fruits for summer go, I like it!

Sasha1004
Sasha1004

Tried it this morning. At the end of the day my skin smelled like "Happy" by Clinique. Generic and artificial.

MsDana

Okay, so I got a sample of this & I like it. At first spritz I got a strong citrus note, then that died down to a soft floral (mostly honeysuckle), & honey. I most definitely smell the honey note on me. My body chemistry projects sweet notes strongly, so that is probably why it works so well on me. It has a sweet, creamy, floral fragrance, & it's nice. To me it is very different from Dot. This is not a perfume to blind buy though, kind of unpredictable, definitely sample it first, but it works very well on me.

KelseyRaven
KelseyRaven

I smelled this side by side with Dot, and they smell extremely similar to me.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I don't smell any honey unfortunately. To me it smells like face cream. Not rosey or anything just like ponds cream mixed with a bit of sunscreen maybe. It doesn't smell like daisy to me. Not my favorite.

tornerose27
tornerose27

i think its good and sensual sweet ..

MarillaV
MarillaV

Um, where is the honey? Surely I can't be the only one who isn't getting honey at all? So sad, because I do love pretty honey scents. As it is, Honey is a light, inoffensive floral fragrance with nothing exciting going on. Definitely try before you buy if you wanted a honey scent.

misssimi
misssimi

so dissapointing! its worse than i expected! worse than daisy...I wouldnt buy it.

Michelina
Michelina

Not a terrible scent, though not terribly remarkable either. First sniff: lemonade. Curious. A couple minutes later and it fades to a faintly-floral-though-substantially-more-citrusy orange. The honey was either playing hide-and-seek or simply not part of the game because I couldn’t find it anywhere. It’s a very mild, inoffensive scent, to a fault, imo. Certainly fresh and clean, but it’ll flounce its delicate little self out of your life after a mediocre two hours or so. Adieu.

Mature-er women can absolutely wear this (it is neither loud nor sickeningly sweet), though I might have appreciated it more as a young teen.

Muneca
Muneca

Was so excited to try this one since I'm partial to honey scents - but was suprised I didn't get the honey at all like I expected. Once I accepted this wasn't a "honey scent" on me - I did enjoy the light orangey/pear sweetness. Definitely a fruity/floral (that faded too quickly). Never did get to experience the "woodsy notes" even after several attempts. So to me, other than the name and design, this scent lacks what it teases to be - honey! They achieved a sweet, clean, happy scent that I can see teenagers really enjoying. Guess I need to go to my Black Jewel or Elie Saab when I need my honey fix!

MsDana

I smelt this one recently as well, & I liked it very much. I did smell the honey mixed with warm creamy florals, which was lovely. I am going to request a sample to see how it works with my body chemistry & report back.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

So i smelled this at sephora, smells nothing like honey to be honey, i mean to be honest. It smelled more like orange. Egyptian Magic all purpose cream even smells much more like honey than the Marc Jacobs Honey.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

The consensus with this one seems to be pretty mixed. I really like it!

It smells like light...if light had a smell. It's radiant and warm, glowing and fuzzy. It really does sparkle. There's some soft, creamy fruit- not juicy or tropical but milky.

It's unique enough to be worn year round. Perhaps because it's a honey scent-and you don't see too many of those around these days- I don't have much to compare it too. I haven't smelled Dot so I can't speak to their similarities but Honey is really nice.

The scent combined with the bottle, it almost gives you Bumblebee vision! :P

eunicek
eunicek

Although this wasn't totally an outstanding perfume, it definitely stood out more than the Dot. The notes are sweet and summery, so it's good as an every day, day time fragrance. Not something that you where to leave an impression though!

Rachelrose
Rachelrose

Smelt this yesterday and thought I had found my hg. A lovely fresh summer fragrance that reminded me of the seaside. Unfortunately the dry down smelt of dog, such a shame for such a promising start.

kcondidorio
kcondidorio

I went to Myers in Perth WA after reading all the comments and wanted to see for myself whether it was any good and unfortunately I am agreeing with the previous comments.Cute bottle but it is just an awful scent. It hardly resembles honey. I wanted to like it but Honey is nothing compaired to Dot.

lilou
lilou

Disappointing : nothing new, smells citrus fruits and white flowers. It doesn't smell honey at all.
Pretty but common, for young women. Doesn't last.

Stressed-Hippie
Stressed-Hippie

It is really difficult for me to find a perfume that I like and that fits me, but this one is THE ONE.
It doesn't smell very floral on me. I get the honeysuckle and the peach, along with the punch.
Vanilla doesn't suit me at all, and I am very glad that it doesn't show on me at all.
I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. It is absolutely perfect for spring and summer. For people who like fresh, punchy scents, Honey is perfect.

rocioelizondo
rocioelizondo

Dissapointing...smells to me exactly like HALLS Lemon Honey Cough Drops....save your money for something better.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Gutted I don't like this more! Bottle is cuuuuute and I actually thought people were probably just being stuck up when I read the negative reviews, but alas my apologies as I have to agree with them, this is not for me- think it smells like air freshener! My boyfriend's comments were that it smelled too 'fake' and 'artificial' and I have to say, I very much agree (sadly)

alannah93
alannah93

the bottle is simply adorable and i love the scent, obviously i smell honey in it, but the main note (to me) is orange this is the perfect summer scent and it does last a long time on the skin but i'm not sure i'd want to pay the massive price tag for 'marc jacobs' perfumes & also i have no idea how people are comparing this fragrance to 'daisy' and 'dot' because all three are totally different, they don't smell alike in any sort of way, but yes 'honey' is a beautiful summer daytime scent and i may purchase it in the near future.

SBunny
SBunny

Ahh I wish this was more honey! It's a bright and breezy floral with tinges of citrus. The mandarin and the fresh pear is what stands out on the first spray. Summery and bright. The honeysuckle quickly seeps through and it becomes a soft floral. When it dries there's added nuances from the vanilla making it a warmer floral. I really can't say I smell any honey, it could be added to the warmness in the dry down along with the vanilla but it always stays behind the scenes.

Despite the lack of honey, I think this is ok. It's perfect for a breezy day spent shopping or meeting friends. It's very casual and feminine. Lasting power is around 5 hours with decent sillage.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I find Honey to be almost indistinguishable from Dot…if one were to swap the list of notes, I would be none the wiser. There is a scent of unidentifiable, synthetic fruits, a vague floral accord, and a chemical “fresh” accord. Nothing smells remotely of honey in this fragrance. One thing I consistently note with MJ fragrances is the apparent lack of base notes. Once the vague fruit and flowers have evaporated after about an hour, nothing remains. It baffles me that vanilla and woods are listed as base notes.

I currently have passionfruit-scented shampoo and conditioner in my shower…they provide a sweet and juicy tropical fruit scent that lingers all day. It's not a great sign when the scent from a $3 shampoo smells more realistic and higher-quality than a fragrance that costs $80+ per bottle. I wasn’t disappointed in this release, given that other MJ fragrances I’ve smelled have been along the same line. Paying for Marc Jacobs fragrance = paying for the name and a cutesy bottle...it's hard to come to any other conclusion when he consistently releases such weak scents.

5354alice
5354alice

I tried this yesterday, and what can I say??? the name is disappointing at all: the fragrance is sweet and citrussy but I can't feel honey. No honey at all. Please change the name, maybe honeysucle & lemon is better !

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I received this today and to me it is a lemon and honeysuckle flavoured delicate honey with a hint of vanilla and peach. Very subtle and very girlie. At first spray it reminded me a little of Be delicious, but now it has settled down I totally agree with the first review on here that this is a sweeter more subtle version of Daisy. If you like subtle perfumes with a hint of sweetness, this is the one for you.

SS79
SS79

Tried this today at Shoppers. What can I say?... um... YUCK! Its so floral (and I like me some flowers once in a while) but man is this overkill.. instant headache... where is the honey?? Seriously, where is the "HONEY"? - no sweetness what so ever.. the name and bottle does not fit this juice imho.
Sorry for those who actually like this... I WAS looking forward to it, but wow... was I taken back!

... I at least wish I got the fruit/sweetness others have spoken about :-(

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Generic && just NO!...I tested this out the other day...I can't even say I even slightly like this I mean ok it's not the most horrible fragrance out there...but really Marc? this to me on the strip smelled like a lemon honey cough drop that was soaking in some fruit punch...ECK! a complete tosser I said it once, twice && Ima say it again more thought is deff. goin into the cute bottles to lure you in && less on the important factor of the juice being actually memorably nice...u go head though Marc just a word of advice ppl are going to start not taking you seriously, this fragrance is a joke..I feel bad to the people who are asking us for this merely b/c of a cute bottle, the disappointment they'll have when they test it...try it if you will, everyone's nose is diff, so someone out there may like this...me however well you read my comment.

Overall: 4/10

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I thought the bottle kind of cute, but the perfume is too sweet and fruity for my tastes. I don't get the honey note either - fruit punch, and peach, for certain. Not as fruity as Escadas, but fairly juicy. If you love fruity/sweet scents you'll probably like it. I've had it on about an hour and contemplating scrubbing it off. Not special enough to make me open my wallet.

liban23
liban23

They should consider renaming this perfume "fruit punch" instead of Honey, because that's all I smell. This isn't a bad smelling perfume, but it doesn't have anything unique or honey smelling about it. Smells generic to me, and it's disappointing because I would've enjoyed this more if it actually smelled like its name.

jonr951
jonr951

"Fresher, citrusy version of Dot" perfectly sums up Honey! Thanks antonpan! That being said, I definitely prefer it to the borefest that is Dot, that's for sure. It smells delicious, and I wasn't expecting anything new or groundbreaking, so I guess that's all that matters right? The longer it's on, the more it smells like Dot to me. Nothing SUPER fruity sweet here, which is just fine seeing as how I have PLENTY of super fruity sweeties in my collection already. If I was after a citrusy, semi-fruity sweet, fragrance, I'm really not at the moment, it would be mine. : )

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Ummm, so.... where exactly does the 'honey' come in?? Nope, not a hint of it. If you put daisy Eau so fresh, Lola and dot into the same bottle.... Wait! Here it is! Non descript scent, not sweet but not flowery either. To me it just smells like a bunch of aroma chemicals stewing together. Pleasant enough for a young lady but nothing that inspires me here.

antonpan
antonpan

Honey is a fresher, citrusy version of Dot. It opens with a sparkling citrusy note, then becoming melony (the same melony feel as in Dot) generic white floral. There is not even a hint at honey here. The fragrance is less opulent and less sweet (frankly speaking Honey is sour than sweet) than Dot which I like much more.

leefidan

Aloha! Received my sample of Honey with my Sephora order and am not impressed and certainly have nothing to positively buzz about! It just smelled generically floral; no honey fragrance or warmth that I can discern. Within a few minutes, the scent had dissipated so much that it was almost undiscernable. The fragrance did not unfold and develop...it just disappeared. I really had wanted to love or at least like Honey very much because I have an affinity for bees and like the bottle.

I personally like Honey , this is a nice floral, maybe it has a bit of Daisy, a bit of Dot, but overall it smells bright, a bit sweet, it is more floral than fruity, so more mature than one might predict, I detect honeysuckle which I like, it isn't teenagerish, neither is it real complex, but it smells good, and that is enough for me.
For those expecting honey notes, it will be a let down, no honey I can detect , which is fine by me, or there is little of it. I will add that it isnt outstanding, but easy to reach for, a good summer perfume, with good longevity.Cute bottle too..!

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

The bottle is sooooo cute! The scent I could do without. It's so sharp to my nose! Smells like so many other perfumes. It's like they took all the Marc Jacobs line and put it together into one perfume.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

I was expecting to smell some honey but it is nonexistent so I'm going to assume "honey" is in reference to the wearer and not the scent. A more appropriate term of endearment...... erhhm... name for this scent would have been "Sugar". This is just your generic sugary fruity floral. It's incredibly overdone and unoriginal.

ETA: It does smell like Alfred Sung Shi..... amongst countless others but for now, I'll limit the comparison to Shi. Shi has a little bit more of the citrusy, bubbly soda edge to it that makes it faintly more interesting and fresher than Honey. You can't really smell the orange in Honey. Shi is also audaciously more potent and shamelessly persists in her boldness for hours on end with Godzilla sillage while Honey is a little shyer but make no mistake, Honey is very strong in her own right with baby monster sillage to boot!

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Dissatisfied with smell,longevity and yeah, lame! Geez I was soooo looking forward to loving this! Ugh.sorry not a fan of this "honey".

tasertag
tasertag

I am surprised by all of the hate for this scent, because I've been wearing it almost every day for the past week and it smells really good on me. It starts off with a burst of zesty, realistic mandarin orange and creamy orange blossom and dries down to something that reminds me of chilled honeydew melon with a backdrop of creamy honey, sweet honeysuckle, and a hint of that lovely orange note. It smells refreshing and summery without being soapy or reminiscent of air freshener to me. And it's not overwhelming, but it does last for about 6 hours on my skin and is noticeable. I think that Honey is a perfect scent for summer, and is a nice balance of fruit, floral, citrus, and sweetness. I bought the 100ml bottle (which is so cute), and I'll definitely be wearing this scent a lot over the summer :)

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

A Sephora exclusive, but unfortunately there is nothing exclusive about the smell. Marc Jacobs Honey is essentially for bottle collectors. Marc Jacobs' fragrances seem to be more watered down with each new launch. Sadly, there isn't a honey note to speak of here, the orange blossom and honeysuckle are far from apparent as well. Just another fruity fresh scent that is far from memorable. Owning such a perfume only makes sense if you're 15 years old. After time, it reminds me of Fabreeze or some sort of carpet cleaner. I found myself more impressed with FAME by Lady Gaga.

Milladane
Milladane

Honey Marc Jacobs was not as sweet as expected. To me, it smells like a full heavy floral perfume, same type as Elie Saab Le Parfum, which I do like, but this is not as good. I don't think it's bad, in fact, I like that it's heavier than many of the light fruity floral scents in recent years. It's been 4 hours, and I can smell it still, though fading now, so it shouts loudly early on but not especially strong in longevity. I think there is something about it too, that says it's a Marc Jacob perfume, which can be good or bad depending on if you are a Marc Jacob perfume fan.

I swoon over the smell of real fragrant honey, but as a note, I find that it often makes a perfume heavy at first, and stale towards dry down. Even when Guerlain does the honey note, like in L'instant, it still becomes stale. Unfortunately, that is also the case here, so you won't smell delightfully sweet real honey, only that typical honey note, along with lots of big flowers. Oh, I see honeysuckle listed as a note...yeah that would be one of those flowers.

papergurl
papergurl

Weird my review was removed. Well, I really enjoyed this and ended up with the large bottle. Smells like "flower honey" to me with a bit of a grassy note, like alpine wildflowers in summer. Definitely not sweet/cloying. I have worn it to work and received a couple of complements early in the day. I always wish they last longer than they do, but I do get to lunchtime with a few good sprays. I can see myself actually finishing the bottle. I passed on Dot, it was too fruity for me. It smells nice, but not my taste. You either love or hate the bottles. Either way, the perfume is a keeper.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I was excited to try this scent but it just smelled blah to me. It's an extremely light, fruity, floral. I couldn't detect any honey and wasn't a fan. I also didn't like the bottle in person.

jovejove
jovejove

Smells ok like the rest of Marc Jacobs. Daisy and Lola still reign supreme in my books.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

To be honest I did not have high hopes for this in the first place, to me, all I smell is fruit punch (the kind you make from a powder) and lemon-honey cough drops. There are some fragrances I dislike but that I can still appreciate.....this is not one of them.

mkittygirl
mkittygirl

Very sweet smelling scent. A very young scent. Smells inexpensive/cheap (not that this is a bad thing, but it smells like what you can get from BBW in the mall) Good for maybe an older teen for her first perfume.
Opening was nice could smell the pear but it only lasted about a minute, then came the cheap smell. It then turned a hyssop like smell on me. Not to my liking. I will stick with MJ's Daisy.

almarie
almarie

Not a fan of this one. I was really disappointed because I didn't think it smelled like honey at all. At least the bottle is cute, but for $92, I don't think I'll take it.

deviation
deviation

When I first sprayed this perfume I felt like I was on a red coloured flying carpet flying towards some exotic middle eastern country. It reminds me of how pashas and Arabian kings would have smelt 100 years back. Nuff said!

Bottle design: very pretty. 10/10

Notes I detect: Honey suckle and orange blossom. Both very obnoxiously trying to over power each other.

Nostalgia factor: smell somehow reminds me of the pain relief ointments or some of those strong mosquito repellents.

Sillage: Heavy.

Longevity: Moderate.

Headache factor: Has potential to cause throbbing headache if you never enjoyed the smell of obnoxiousness.

Lesson gained: Never judge a fragrance by its bottle.I am so glad I did not purchase this.

Bella1
Bella1

Tried this tonight at Sephora. I really love it!
It is different from Daisy, Dot, Lola, Oh Lola.
It's very unique yet comforting familiar if that's
Possible. The honey is wonderful. Sprayed it about
8 and I can still smell it 5 hours later!
On my wish list!

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I just ordered this on Sephora today and should be getting it in a few days.I will review as soon as I get it.I did not care for Dot but this has some of my favourite notes.(honeysuckle,fruit punch)Sephora also has apricot as one of the notes listed and I love apricot.I am hoping it will be a well done fruity fragrance.I used to be an Escada fan years ago when they put out gorgeous summer scents now their perfumes smell like cheap body mists.I am hoping this will be a fun juicy fruity perfume!My mom wears Daisy and that smells awesome on her.Everyone should have at least one Marc Jacobs in their collection.Check back for my coming review!

leefidan

Aloha! Honey just became available at Sephora.com Looking forward to experiencing it.

samiwonder
samiwonder

I think the bottle is adorable and really wanted to add this to my collection. Unfortunately the perfume did not remind me of honey - it is like a sweeter, orangey version of daisy. Pleasant, but nothing outstanding. It would make a nice gift for a teenager.

Honey by Marc Jacobs 3.11 out of 5 based on 641 ratings and 145 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.33oz
MARC JACOBS HONEY for WOMEN by Marc Jacobs EAU DE PARFUM ROLLERBALL .33 OZ MINI UNBOXED
EDP Mini 0.1oz
Boots.com
60.50 GBP
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau de Parfum 100ml
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau de Parfum 100ml
Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume by Marc Jacobs, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume by Marc Jacobs - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
MARC JACOBS HONEY for WOMEN by Marc Jacobs EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MARC JACOBS HONEY for WOMEN by Marc Jacobs EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Marc Jacobs Honey Gift Set by Marc Jacobs Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5 oz Body Lotion
MARC JACOBS 'Honey' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
Marc Jacobs Fragrance Honey 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs Honey Eau de Parfum 3.4 fl oz No Color - Beauty
Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs Honey Eau de Parfum 3.4 fl oz No Color - Beauty
Gift Set 3.4oz
Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume by Marc Jacobs - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 5 oz Body Lotion
Marc Jacobs Fragrance Honey Gift Set
Marc Jacobs Fragrance Honey Gift Set
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Honey fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Honey, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Honey by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Honey by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.