Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Marc Jacobs Gardenia Marc Jacobs for women

Marc Jacobs Gardenia Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

Marc Jacobs Gardenia by Marc Jacobs is a Floral fragrance for women. Marc Jacobs Gardenia was launched in 2007. middle notes are honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine; base notes are ginger, musk and cedar.

Honeysuckle Gardenia Jasmine

Ginger Musk Cedar

Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

assbleeder
assbleeder

I own an old bottle of this, passed down from my late aunt. This is a truly nostalgic and comforting scent for me since she was somewhat like a mother to me. This is very clean smelling and on her, the scent just blossomed, even evoking warmness on her skin. However on my skin, the chemistry just isn't there. Same thing happened with Daisy. The white florals just smelled straight up synthetic and musty on me. :( I do believe that this is a beautiful fragrance if it works with your chemistry though.

deborahjaz
deborahjaz

I LOVE gardenia, and this one adds a light, yet exotic, air to it as well. You can smell the gardenia only as one of it's elements.
It brings out the lusciousness of being a woman!

Marc Jacobs Gardenia is not incredibly well-known, often being confused with the original, very popular Marc Jacobs for Women. I didn't mind the green gardenia in the original Marc Jacobs, so I was hoping for a more creamy and lush gardenia accord in this fragrance.

Marc Jacobs Gardenia is unfortunately very fresh and aquatic on my skin. I made the mistake of wearing this fragrance on a relatively cool day. Hot, humid weather is recommended for this fragrance if you want the floral notes to stand out.

It's a little citrusy and metallic at first spray, I initially took into consideration that my sample may be off. I concluded that it was just the composition, and that the opening was meant to be watery, slightly salty and fresh.

Marc Jacobs Gardenia settles into an aquatic heart of gardenia, jasmine and honeysuckle; very fresh and soap-like. It's not as green as Marc Jacobs for Women, and in some retrospect I kind of wish it was. I find it far too sharp and irritating on the skin. If subjected to the scent over a long period of time, it gives me a headache.

The drydown is mostly musk, and a rather synthetic interpretation of it, I must admit. The longevity also didn't leave much for me to rave about. I'm actually really disappointed in Marc Jacobs Gardenia. I can now understand why it isn't sold anymore.

chrisstinna_b
chrisstinna_b

Does anyone know, is this one similar to Marc Jacobs Perfume?

Then great, I'll stay with my MJ perfume ! Thanks Allexa

c3c
c3c

I like Gardenia, I do not like this, and it's darn hard to wash off and impossible to cover up. Not the gardenia we all dream of, synthetic, strange. I would say this is not one of Marc Jacobs better offerings, his other ventures such as Daisy and Lola are much nicer.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

I was sent a sample some time ago and I really, really like it. Its a heady white floral, a classical blend of notes and yet very bold in its simplicity. It's really quite powerfully sexy stuff at first, in fact it almost makes me a little giddy, the pulse definately starts racing! But it does settle down after an hour or so into something very wearable. Better than average staying power for this type of floral.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Marc Jacobs Gardenia by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Marc Jacobs Gardenia by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Jasmine Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Jo Malone Orange Blossom Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Valentino Valentina Assoluto Chanel Allure Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Chantecaille Petales Juicy Couture Couture Couture Hermes Eau des Merveilles Tiffany Tiffany Lalique Lalique Dolce&Gabbana Rose The One Van Cleef & Arpels Un Air de First James Heeley Sel Marin