Designers » M » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

Marc Jacobs Splash Fig Marc Jacobs for women

Marc Jacobs Splash Fig Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

Marc Jacobs Splash Fig by Marc Jacobs is a aromatic fruity fragrance for women. Marc Jacobs Splash Fig is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008. The fragrance features fig, yuzu and cypress.

The nose behind the fragrance is Yann Vasnier.

Fig Yuzu Cypress

Marc Jacobs Splash Fig Fragrance Reviews

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

I also purchased this as a blind buy but at quite a bargain compared to retail. It is acceptable, but like others I found it a bit masculine. It was wearable after dry down and since I wanted something like a sweet fig I layered will Al Rehab chocolate oil and ended up with nice chocolate covered figs, with powdery accent. Quite happy with combo!

liat
liat

I bought this on unsniffed and it turned out to be quite a nice surprise. I used to own Lemon Splash, which was some sort of a cleanser-type scent. Fig has lovely top notes, and a boring, soap-like drydown. That said, its lasting power is so humble, you hardly ever get that annoying soapy scent.

Marc Jacobs FIG is a surprisingly nice eau de toilette for something which comes in a jug the size of Jean Naté. Although I was expecting a Jo Malone-type lightweight cologne, in fact, FIG is much more substantial than that. This is a unisex creation leaning toward the masculine side, it seems to me, above all because of the cypress note, which is quite marked and imparts a rather greenish cast to the composition as a whole. The fig is very detectable, and the yuzu less so, to my nose. But the combination of these components really works to produce a fresh and inviting warm weather scent. I do not find this to be very sweet or woody at all. Instead, it seems to me to be fresh and green and leafy.

Fig seems like a really nice vacation scent to me, something to wear on an island and spritz with reckless abandon to cool off but without offending anyone or making one's self sick. Nice and natural smelling.

I heartily recommend FIG to anyone who likes both fig and cypress, and I suspect that more guys than gals would take a liking to this! I saw that one reviewer complained that this splash smells like a men's cologne and another compared it to Marc Jacobs MAN, so perhaps this was a case of dilution and rebottling, but I hasten to reiterate that this is not a weak cologne at all.

I like it, and that means something coming from someone who is not usually all that enthusiastic about fig perfumes!

janvierjuillet
janvierjuillet

I really wanted to like this but it's not figgy enough for me and the cypress ruins it IMO

I received a sample vial of this as an extra "goodie" in a parcel from another member (Thank you so much, Malegria!). I was skeptical of the Splash series, to say the least, after sniffing Lemon; so I put it away with the other vials. Until today, that is...

Color me bright RED...as I am embarassed at my snap to judgement and my quickness to dismiss something that is actually very lovely! Beautiful, even...

Yuzu, fig and cypress are some of my very favorite notes (especially cypress), so it is no surprise that this seems so very wonderful to me. Yuzu is somewhere between an orange and a grapefruit (to my nose), and opens this brightly, but not too sweetly. The fig is perfect here, not too green nor too ripe-simply delicious! Its earthy fruitiness and warmth blend seemlessly with the sparkling citricity. Figs were done (almost to death) a few years back, but this catches the strange aroma that makes them so very wonderful: something pungent and fruity but not sticky or sweet; warm (but not hot or spicy) and really really down to earth and yummy! The cypress here (as Ouch! says) is: Gaaawjuus! Warmly green and aromatic with a woody almost elegant allure. I never thought I would want to smell like a fig...but this doesn't! It smells ever so slightly fruity with a superb green warmth yet is clear and crisp all around. This is something that you could wear any time of the year. It is fresh enough for summer/spring and also has enough character to wear well in autumn, or even winter (when you grow weary of bleak landscapes and sub-zero temperatures and spicies and orientals have become too much, and you long for sun and green trees, and fresh fruits). Throughout it's "development" (somewhat limited) it does give off alternating freshness, greeness and fruitiness; then settles to become something just plain amazing!

Sillage: fair
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.25/5

The whole splash thing made me think: Why would I want 10 ounces of something so weak that I had to splash it on by the handful?!? Now, I am sold (on FIG at least)! How I wish I had known about this lovely scent in the one year (2008) it had been released. (Obviously, I dismissed it during the "fig craze") How could I have doubted you Mr. Jacobs? I am off to scour the web for a deal on this lovely...and put my sample into a mini-sprayer! Maybe, when I have more, I will splash with reckless abandon (like the Jean Nate lady) but for now, this is precious and to be savored.

If anyone here has this and does not like it all that much, and would be willing to swap for a nice decant or just sell it: please PM me, thank you!

I like this one. It's very aromatic sweet and succulent fig. It doesn't get sour or zesty but just refreshing. The bottle is gigantic with a small price. It's perfectly called splash as well because it disappears within minutes after putting it on.

nyoka
nyoka

I LOVE fig and this is fig at its best.ITs not one of those one note wonders,its unique to itself.I love to keep it in the fridge and spritz myself when the heat is overpowering like it is now in the south.It stays the same on me beginning to end and smells exactly like a big,ripe,chewy fig.LOve it!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Gorgeous fresh fig fragrance in a huge bottle - perfect for a refreshing spritz of fragrance throughout a hot summers day. Love it!!!

Dark Curls

ok a few minutes have passed and now I am getting citrus..is that the yuzu? This is a very clean and fresh, light fig scent. =)

Dark Curls

Yum this smells lovely I just can't get enough of fig!! This one is a slightly green fig, must be the cypress. I love it =)

zvoncica
zvoncica

I have fallen for this seductively sweet fig scent instantly! It does smell like fig leaves mixed with honey sweet fruit in late summer day. I felt like floating in wooden boat near the coast where fig trees are growing from stones, the sun glowing in my head, and breeze of light wind bringing salt in my face. Reminded me on Robinson Crusoe life on isolated island. Made me peaceful and comforted in this biting winter day.

I have looked long to escape from floral and mainstream average type perfume. Yet had to be mild and not to spicy juice. I found all this in MJ Splash Fig. Is it love or just an adventure? We`ll see...

Natalia78
Natalia78

Amazing and long lasting re freshener. it is very clean and straightforward.Lovable.

ruxxy
ruxxy

Nice fragrance, really helpful during warm summer days, when something fresh, watery, green and clean is needed. I found it quite similar to L'Occitane Cherry Blossom,yet fresher. And it lasts quite a while for a splash(about 5-6 hours).
I would prefer something a bit more complex from the <> family, like "Daisy".

dandy721
dandy721

I bought it today 300ml bottle lol it will last for all spring and summer. I found it little bit simmilar to the Marc Jacobs man fragrance

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Very refreshing but not the sea breeze type. I was intrigued. Ended up buying the entire bottle. If you love hint of greens but not much of a tea scent lover, get this. I use it for the gym and the office, but not for special occasions. Men find it ``neutral but very okay.´´

debbborra
debbborra

I tried this at Nordstrom. It was lovely and fresh. There are no pear notes, of course, but it had a vaguely pear-like quality, fresh pear, not synthetic. It wasn't, however, life changing, and it wasn't what I looked for when I went back next time. It is definitely worth a shot, and I may have been far more excited if it were spring and getting warm when I tried it, rather than fall and getting cold. I'll probably try it again when summer approaches.

Marc Jacobs Splash Fig by Marc Jacobs 3.83 out of 5 based on 69 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Splash Fig fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Splash Fig, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Marc Jacobs Splash Fig by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Marc Jacobs Splash Fig by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.