Designers » M » Citrus « Groups

Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men

Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men
dislike

Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men Pictures Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men Pictures Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men Pictures Tropical Splash Kumquat Marc Jacobs for women and men Pictures

For the summer of 2012, Marc Jacobs prepared new additions to the Splash fragrance collection under the name of Tropical Splash, bringing back an old edition and two new ones on the market. Rain, from 2006, returns this year in a new format, along with the new releases Kumquat and Hibiscus.

Kumquat is a refreshing, sunny, carefree and fun citrusy - floral fragrance, created by Richard Herpin. The composition opens with sparkling aromas of tangerine, bergamot and orange. The heart induces dried kumquat, tiger orchid and jasmine, placed at the base of musk, blonde woods and cedar.

The large 300 ml bottles are replaced by more practical cubical 100 ml ones, featuring Eau de Toilette concentration.

Bergamot Orange Tangerine

Jasmine Kumquat Orchid

Woodsy Notes Cedar Musk

Sea & Sun in Cadaques

Tropical Splash Kumquat Fragrance Reviews

mmiched
mmiched

Very light perfume. Smells very nice. Perfect for the spring and summer when you don't want heavy perfume. You can spray this all over! At first there is a whiff of citrus then it drys to more citrus with a little bit of a sweet floral. I agree that it is so light it does not last, you have to keep re-applying that is its only downfall. It's a keeper for now.

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

another Orange ?

Sissis
Sissis

I tried this in the perfume shop the other day and although I like quirky and uniquely scented fruity perfumes, this was really waaaaay too much. It smells exactly like a tropical fruit drink you can buy here in the supermarket. Very very kumquat orangy and that was all I could smell. Nothing sophisticated, refined or elegant, just pure fruit juice. If you like smelling like a kumquat/orange, you'll probably enjoy it, but if you're looking for a bit more sophistication, I don't recommend this one. It was very nicely priced though for a 100ml bottle.

When Summer is at its peak, fruity and fresh scents, such as Marc Jacobs' Kumquat Splash, are incredibly popular. It's not hard to see why. Coming from a dry and hot climate myself, I often struggle to find something to wear on such days. Thankfully these tropical inspired perfumes from Marc Jacobs are light and easy to wear.

I can't say that I've ever tasted kumquat. From what I've read so far, this citrus is popularly used in jams. To my nose, it smells similar to a juicy, sweet and tangy orange.

I often shy from wearing citrus-based scents as they don't blend too well with my chemistry. This fragrance is a little different. It's sweet rather than sour or sharp, and sits lightly on the skin. I would call it quite inoffensive and crisp.

Marc Jacobs Kumquat is not a fragrance that anyone would find particularly outstanding, but it sure is refreshing. The longevity isn't half bad either.

Thankfully Marc Jacobs has released this perfume in a 100ml bottle, shaped somewhat like a cube. These sizes are far more practical than the massive, brick-like 300ml bottles of which this series was known for. I've recently seen Marc Jacobs Kumquat on sale in my area, so I suggest that you grab a bargain while you still can.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I dislike this perfume BUT i find it really original. The drydown smells like a mix of medicines and chewing gums. Original but not the kind of perfume that i would purchase.

tinyheist
tinyheist

Despite usually being the atypical rose/peony fragrance lover, this fragrance captured me immediately. It was addictive as soon as it went onto the skin and I quite literally could not stop sniffing my wrist. What I loved about this fragrance from the start is that it is light and delicate, with absolutely no nasty hints of alcohol. Yes, that does also translate to 'not much staying power' but at the end of the day, MJ's splashes come in 100ml for only £29, so you can spritz to your hearts content!

As for the notes, I get absolutely no evidence of the Jasmine; which in my opinion is a bonus. However, the orchid comes alive in the dry down stages, which is why I completely agree that this fragrance and the Hibiscus Splash could easily be mistaken for one another as they are both super fresh, white florals. To me, the tangerine notes which are prominent throughout wear are sherberty but not sour and remind me of a particularly delicious Yankee candle. I suppose this is where the cedar and more woody notes also come into play.

All in all, this is definitely my favourite out of the three new MJ Splashes, it is tropical, warm and vibrant on the skin and I will be sure to make this my signature summer fragrance.

melia
melia

In the opening it smell actually quite a lot like the hibiscus one from this series, but then there comes something watery-citrussy, and oeff, something bitter! Just recently I've tried dried/candied kumquats for the first time in Berlin, and I really liked it. If there was some more sweetness in this one it may have reminded of those candied kumquats and I might have liked it. But now... It's just too harsh on me, even if it's considered 'a light' scent.

DocTales
DocTales

Out of the three new splashes, this might be the best. However, it is way too pungent for my taste. And it smells identical to another fragrance - if only I knew which one! Anybody have any ideas?

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a simple, juicy tangerine-kumquat scent. It's pure citrus; I don't pick up on any of the floral or woody notes listed. Unfortunately it only lasts a few minutes on my skin. I have a hard time believing this is an eau de toilette concentration - it's gone in a flash.

Tropical Splash Kumquat by Marc Jacobs 3.63 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Tropical Splash Kumquat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Tropical Splash Kumquat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tropical Splash Kumquat by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tropical Splash Kumquat by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.