Designers » M » « Groups

Mogadess MariaLux for women and men

Mogadess MariaLux for women and men
dislike

cinnamon

Mogadess by MariaLux is a fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Mogadess was launched in 2014. The fragrance features orange blossom, red pepper, bitter orange, big strawberry, tagetes, palisander rosewood, benzoin, cacao, cinnamon, cardamom, cedar, coriander, tarragon, sandalwood, olibanum, amber and vanilla.

Orange Blossom Red Pepper Bitter Orange Big Strawberry Tagetes Palisander Rosewood Benzoin Cacao Cinnamon Cardamom Cedar Coriander Tarragon Sandalwood Olibanum Amber Vanilla

Mogadess Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

Lovely spicy scent, not sweet at all. Dry woody with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves.. Warm and very winter-y. A comfort scent and very sexy imo.

archivist
archivist

**Back to add a few words - since I acquired this, I've completely fallen in love with it. It is really close to overtaking Fate as my signature scent. I will always be interested in buying or swapping for unwanted bottles of this, and I would swap things out of my wardrobe for it.**

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever smelled, and I mean that in the best possible way. Reviewers at Luckyscent made it sound like it was Elixir des Merveilles. A nice spicy chocolate-orange. Nope. This is way better than that. Stranger and spookier.

I was attracted to it because of the top noted chili pepper and benzoin, which suggested that it might have some kinship with Amouage Fate (which is my sig). As it turns out, it's a LOT more like Fate and Memoir got together and made sweet, strange, weird love while listening to Kronos Quartet. And at the same time, absolutely nothing like either of them. The herbal character of the scent does resonate to the *concept* of Memoir anyway, and the plush furry heat of chili+benzoin+vanilla resonates to the *concept* of Fate, anyway, so if you really love or hate either of those I'd bet that you'd go the same direction on Mogadess...

I have been knocking myself silly trying to figure this perfume out. I'm getting a black minty cocoa made with chili cinnamon Mexican chocolate. Like super minty. Which I'm guessing is probably my skin pulling hard and in unison on the tarragon/olibanum/tagetes, all of which can go cool in the nose. This is unbelievably weird and bizarre and it makes me so happy. You get to a point where everything reminds you of something else, there are similarities and shared DNA with everything you've smelled and everything you're ever going to smell. But NOT THIS THOUGH.

Absolutely bizarre. I'm sort of at a loss for words.

I *guess* this has some stuff in common with Fate and Memoir, but there's nothing here that signifies: "oh, this is perfume" - I honestly don't think anyone would get a sniff of your sillage or skin in this and wonder what perfume you're wearing. Like, the idea that *this is perfume* would probably not really occur to anyone. It's so herbal and witchy and strange and sort of... Alive. Like normally you could only end up smelling like this by just... Having an interesting life and home. You've been up all night digging mandrakes in the forest and you smell like earth and pine-needles and wood. You keep some kind of magical pouches full of herbs and voodoo shiz in your closet. You use dutch cocoa cut with cocaine and patchouli as body powder. You may or may not use Tiger Balm as lipstick. You may or may not have just had a clementine as a snack. I don't know. STRANGE STUFF, IS MY POINT. It's not perfume, it's a whole damn PERSONA. A wild one.

And it smells sooooo damn good. I can NOT keep my nose off of my arm. I'm kind of elated. How often do any of us get to smell anything that is just... Completely, utterly, and perfectly unique?

An earlier review is like "aw, this is like Christmas" - I guess maybe? I can see how someone would identify it as orangey and piney while grasping for something, anything familiar to nail to a description of this perfume. But in reality, that's... Really not the whole story, or even the central theme, or even a footnote, unless the footnote is "And then Krampus ate Santa Claus and we all fornicated in the plum pudding" or something. It's just... Strange. Have I mentioned that it's strange?

Little tiny bit bummed that no strawberry has peeked out yet, but this is such a weirdo that it could easily be one of those perfumes that smells different on different days and in different moods and weather etc. - maybe some other time.

I don't really get the connect to death, to be honest. Other than the fact that this is utterly otherworldly. Like something a pretty necromancer might wear.

ETA: I did get a compliment on it today, the first day I've worn it out of the house. I was at the post office, and the counter guy looked quizzically at me and said "You smell GOOD. What IS that?" -- not "what perfume is that" (as I imagined), just pleasurable confusion. A+!

the big totoro
the big totoro

A beautiful fragrance that reminds me of Christmas. It opens with sweet cinnamon then the bitter orange comes in. It begins to smell like Agraria Bitter Orange candles, which is a scent I've loved for ever. So this perfume reminds me of trips that I took with my family to San Francisco at Christmas time, where I first smelled Agraria. As it dries down more cardamom comes through. A very lovely fragrance for the holidays. Oh, the bottle is just gorgeous too!

demby
demby

mogadess es un perfume fuerte y vibrante de especias, sin duda es el mejor de Maria lux
tiene buena permanencia y duración ,es increíble desde la primera aplicación, es grandioso

smellagent
smellagent

I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS FRAG. SO FAR I AM REALLY ENJOYING IT. I ALMOST THINK SOLELY OF RED HOTS CANDIES ON FIRST SPRAY IN A GOOD WAY. I THINK A CHARACTERISTIC OF A GREAT FRAG IS NO ONE INGREDIENT STICKS OUT TOO MUCH AND THAT IS THE CASE HERE. ALL NOTES SEEM TO BE WELL BLENDED SO WHAT I GET IS A WARM AND SPICEY JUICE WITH A CREAMY VEIN OF VANILLA RUNNING THROUGH. THIS IS MY FAVORITE OF MARIA LUX.

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

Mogadess means holy or sacred.
It's an Arabic word.
Mogadess=مقدس

Q80
Q80

i never liked any of her perfumes like i liked this one, it is a love at first sniff!! unconsciously when i first sampled this in a niche perfume shop, the very next day i went back and bought it right away! i really wonder how it doesn't have that star anise or anise in general listed as a major note! it reminds me so much of a hot drink that Arabs loves specially the musicians for their vocal cords called yansoon (شاي يانسون) or anise tea, it's main ingredient is the anise. older people who has diabetes loves to drink it with sugar to sweetisize it a bit because it's kind of bitter, so they add 1 or 2 spoons of sugar to it but never mix, as the sugar sinks in that hot drink till it resides at the bottom of the teacup. so after drinking the hot drink, by then you can smell this perfume... the mixage of sugar, cinnamon, anise, & water. quite good and imaginatively charming.

velb95
velb95

IT. Un profumo incredibile come tutte le creazioni di Alessandro Gualtieri (Nasomatto). L'ho provato per la prima volta nella fiera di Milano 6 mesi fa e oggi finalmente è arrivato. I fiori di calendula e cardamomo... che mix explosivo! Anche se siano addolciti con la cannella e vaniglia, il risultato finale è una dolcezza amara e legnosa, un'armadio della nonna pieno delle creme e saponi nelle scatole di cartone, dei ritagli di velluto e ventagli di quel epoca magica che ormai non torna più.

EN. This perfume is amazing like all creations of Alessandro Gualtieri (Nasomatto). I tried it for the first time in Milan fair 6 months ago and today it finally arrived. The flowers of marigold and cardamom so great idea! It's explosive! Even if they're sweetened with cinnamon and vanilla, the result is just a bitter woody sweetness, a wardrobe full of grandma's creams and soaps in cardboard boxes, scraps of velvet and hand fans from that magic epoch which won't ever come back.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about MariaLux Mogadess fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about MariaLux Mogadess, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mogadess by MariaLux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mogadess by MariaLux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.