Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Dreams Mariah Carey for women
dislike

caramel
Dreams Mariah Carey for women Pictures Dreams Mariah Carey for women Pictures

Dreams is the name of the new fragrance by Mariah Carey, which comes out in Spring 2013. The perfume is announced as a sensual floral-gourmand with each note symbolizing a certain moment in the life of this famous singer, from childhood through fame to love.

The composition begins with delicious aromas of salty caramelized apple and star anise combined with freshness of bergamot and roasted almond scent. Sensual honeysuckle is mixed with delicate freesia and lily of the valley, creating the feminine core. Warm musk, patchouli, tonka bean and vanilla from Madagascar are placed in the subtle oriental base.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Star Anise Candy Apple Caramel Almond

Honeysuckle Lily-of-the-Valley Freesia

Musk Patchouli Madagascar Vanilla Tonka Bean

Dreams Fragrance Reviews

alanna89
alanna89

I just blindly bought this and I already love it. To me it smells similar to VW Princess, JS Fancy, and Viva La Juicy. A very yummy and warm buttery caramel and vanilla scent. So far the sillage is good as well!

coralmonroe11
coralmonroe11

This perfume is caramel candy. It's what I'd wanted Prada Candy and Viva La Juicy to be. It's not the slightly acidic caramel in Fancy. It's a fire and ice caramel, that is chilly yet warming at the same time. The caramel is ever-present and syrupy sweet, but it's never cloying. It's a classy, sensual caramel. I don't pick up the candy Apple in this at all. I can pick out the bergamot, which to me gives a freshness to it, preventing it from being a toothache/headache inducing juvenile sugar rush that it could have easily became. The star anise to me is absolutely delicious! For a month I couldn't figure out what particular note I kept picking up that was just so unusual to me. Then, going through some spices and herbs with my sister, she handed me Star Anise, and the smell was like licorice from heaven. I don't particularly like licorice, but somehow Star Anise picks out all the nuances in normal licorice that I hate and amplifies the ones I love. This must be the note I loved in Lolita Lempicka that was overshadowed by licorice and ivy (ugh, why do green notes smell so horrid on me and make me sneeze??). I think the Star Anise provides the cooling effect in the scent. The silage and longevity are amazing! I spray it around 10 a.m. every morning and it's silage is heavy for about 1 to 2 hours. From noon to about 6 p.m. it's moderate. At around 6 p.m. it becomes a skin scent and stays that way until the next morning at 10 a.m. that I spray it again! I just love it and could go on and on. I'll stop though before this becomes a novel ;)

mvd99
mvd99

I saw all these wonderful reviews and so I bought this from Marshalls for $9.99 and I am so disappointed. I don't get the lush caramel and vanilla everyone seems so get, I get an overly syrupy, synthetic, cloying fragrance. I had to wash it off. It also seems like a really "young" scent. As someone in my 30s, even if I liked the fragrance, I would feel silly wearing it.

Tina Lynn
Tina Lynn

Wow...this has become my favorite perfume. And that is saying alot...I am what you would call a perfume junkie, I have perfume ranging from 12 dollars, to 120 dollars, and there is none that comes close to this. The best way I can describe this is that it smells like someone poured hot caramel all over you, and then added a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Longevity is a beast, which is very important to me. Example, I recently bought Flowerbomb, which I love, for 52 dollars for 1 oz. And literally after 10 minutes the smell was GONE. I hate that. I get more compliments on this fragrance than anything else I wear. Especially from men, they REALLY like this!!.And the price is absolutely reasonable. So if you like the sweet smelling fragrances, try this one out. You wont regret it!!!

Elmyra
Elmyra

This one is truly magnificent, i love it! Sweet yet sensual, very very warm.
She did get it right, especially with the rather complex gourmand blend of fruit and spices which Dreams comprises of.
she makes unusual scents which i like,
and doesnt follow the usual mainstream celeb frags, of simple notes that appeal to the majority

Dara813
Dara813

I was in Target over the weekend, looking for some body wash when two girls behind me sprayed this. They were spraying a ton of scents I'd smelled before but this one caught my attention. Definitely two words: caramel apple. I sprayed a little on my wrist to see how long it lasted and how it reacted with my skin. Awesome; Mariah's best scent yet in my opinion. It lasted for 4 more hours until I had to wash it off in the shower too. I can rarely find perfumes with caramel AND apple in them, as they are two of my favorite smells and if I do, they just don't mix well. However, I really like this one and I think I will be returning to Target to purchase it. Great fall/winter scent.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Ugh this perfume was awful on me from the start. I sprayed some on my wrist right before I left work and I couldn't wait to wash my wrist the whole ride home! This scent was very powdery smelling on me and I cannot stand powdery perfumes. Definitely a no purchase for me.

Centsless
Centsless

Dreams is in my opinion the best perfume with Mariah Carey's name on it, I like it much better than M, which is an interesting perfume...but this one is just gorgeous! I am blown away by the quality and the longevity. Dreams was a blind buy, and I was not expecting it to last 12 hours, but it did! I think it could last for a week or more on clothing. I found this at a TJ Maxx for $10. I feel like a bandit.

I love perfume that takes me on a journey. And Dreams has a beautiful story. The top is bright and juicy with an apple covered in caramel. The anise is hard to pick out, but I think if absent would be missed. The nutty almonds are a nice addition. I can picture a decadent caramel covered red apple that has been rolled in almond slivers. Bergamot adds a clean zest that keeps things from being tooth aching.

For the middle, the top is still there but mellower so you can notice the honeysuckle and lily of the valley. I never noticed freesia though.

The base notes linger forever! That's a fabulous thing because they are yummy. Vanilla, tonka bean, clean musk and patchouli... a happy ending to this dream. Overall it is sweet, feminine and elegant. It is sweet yet remains fuzzy, warm and clean smelling.

Also can I talk about the bottle? I really like the shape and the design. I wish the butterflies looked a little more elegant. But I do love the idea of the butterflies all fluttering around the top of the perfume so they can smell the sweet nectar inside.

I think if you like sweet gourmands along the lines of JS Fancy, this is a great buy.

llburris
llburris

Received a compliment from one of my best friends who never says anything about what anyone's wearing. For the love of god, she only owns ONE bottle of perfume. She told me that I really smelled great. I about fell out. Great scent!!!

ngmama
ngmama

I bought a 1 oz. size of Dreams at T.J. Max. It was a "blind buy" but I research the note off here first. ;). I'm in LOVE!!!!!! It reminds me of Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka, but lighter. Perfect for summer. Very sweet, & yummy, yet fresh.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

Just like most Mariah Carey perfumes, this one is gorgeous smelling on me! Picked up 1oz size at Marshall's for $10. Has very good silage and seems to be lasting on my arm. Love it so far!

redwine4
redwine4

I don't get this perfume. It is really bad! Very artificial smell, mainly the caramel note. I really love Mariah but this perfume is a no no.

Heal Me
Heal Me

love the caramel notes...awesome!!!

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

When I first got this scent, I was struck with how much it smelled like Fantasy by Britney Spears! It felt like a cheaper version of Fantasy that didn't last as long, and I wasn't impressed... at first.

THEN I used it a few times and it really started to grow on me. It isn't as sweet or heavy as Fantasy, which I actually like about it, since Fantasy can be too heavy at times (I've had a few bad encounters with that), and this has some more underlying sharp and pungent notes that help to balance out the sweet notes in it, which makes me really like this scent!

This scent is probably best for the fall and winter, but I wouldn't rule out using it in the spring or summer, because it has some base notes that can really make it stand out as a sweet scent that it still summer-friendly!

knics33
knics33

Recently smelled this at Target and it is definitely on my to buy list. This is a caramel based gourmand and is very similar to Fancy, Prada Candy, etc. The thing that sets Dreams apart for me is the top notes/fruits and the way they blend with all the richness. The fruits, while very sweet, have a fresh smell. This prevents the fragrance from feeling synthetic for me. My fave Mariah fragrance along with Forever :).

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Ummmm, don't get angry, but this was a bit overhyped for me. The reviews led me to think that it was mind blowing and I just smell vanilla and caramel. I dont really smell much else. I passed up Nicole by Nicole Ritchie for this. Uggghh, the regret...

Update: Ok,Ok, Ok. This is starting to grow on me a little bit! I had to sleep in i to get a better opinion but I can now smell bergamot, almonds and honeysuckle. The lasting power on this is amazing, too. It's coming along...

Flowercat
Flowercat

Another gem that I missed, until now, in my never-ending search for a soft, lovely, sweet vanilla scent that goes beyond a vanilla body spray, but doesn't try too hard like Candy, Hanae Mori (pardon my spellings!), or the Fancy line, etc.
This is a beauty! Although perhaps it's marketed for the younger set, this delicate yet grown-up blend of vanilla, creamy caramel, and sugary spiciness with maybe a perfect touch of apple is a star for anyone craving the perfect feminine vanilla mix. Mmmm, not overly gourmand, more like the sillage a vanilla flower fairy would leave trailing behind her as she flew by in a beautiful garden!

nelise29
nelise29

This perfume is great. I spritzed it while I was in target and i got hints of the scent through my shopping trip. I like this fragrance better than the lollipop scents. It does have good longevity, but not overpowering. I notice a mix of caramel apple and vanilla. Delicious. :-)
Also, found a 1.7 oz at Tj Maxx for 14.99.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

Mmm this smells delicious! Like a candy apple dripping in hot caramel. It reminds me strongly of the Lux Body Wash in the caramel and shea scent if anyone else is familiar with that. This is how I wanted Jessica Simpson's Fancy to smell, but sadly that one was a bit sythetic on my skin. If like me you wanted to like Fancy but couldn't quite bring yourself to then give this a try. It's a warm, cozy, edible scent. Definitely going to be my go-to this winter. Another plus- it's very affordable! (:

CPelly82
CPelly82

I couldn't resist posting a review for this. I simply love it!! A very soft fragrance with a lovely caramel and vanilla mix. In the beginning the vanilla is very strong but with in a few minutes it blends into a rich sweet smell. Reminds me of a vanilla cupcake.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

This is one of the best perfumes for gourmand lovers! I have all the greats (Aquolina, Britney, Fancy, Prada Candy, etc) and this is the best caramel I've found. My fave notes are caramel and praline (I also love Sheer Killer Queen). I am not a Mariah fan, I'm a 34 year old punk rocker, but I love to smell like cupcakes and candy! Dreams is just delicious and creamy, soft and sweet. I love it! Like a buttery caramel Werthers candy! (Also recommended are Saint by Kat Von D and True Religion Love Hope Denim for sweet caramels.) IMO, Dreams kicks the butt of Prada Candy!

And if you are afraid of the sweet foody notes, there is a lovely balance of the florals. This perfumes is just awesome. I do wish it lasted longer tho... while you can still smell on your clothes up close hours later, no sillage. :(

naomigirl11
naomigirl11

This fragrance is actually quite nice. I mostly smell caramel and vanilla and a hint of florals but it doesn't overtake the caramel/vanilla. It is sweet but I don't find it sickly sweet. I normally don't like gourmand scents but this one is comforting. This is the only Mariah perfume that I have had success with so far. I've tried a few of the lollipop bling fragrances and didn't have much luck as i could hardly smell anything and it didn't last; similar experience with the luscious pink perfume. Now I am excited to try Mariah's original perfume, M. Hopefully I will like it too!

ChesleyMusic

I don't smell the PRADA CANDY or Vision Of Love Lollipop Remix on this.

This is an original strong scent that last long, longest I mean it can last a month on your clothes and its one of a kind.

Its festive, dreamy, bright and nostalgic like Mariah Carey said.

Top:
Bergamot doesn't really stand out like Salted Caramel Apple, Toasted Almonds, Star Anise.

Mid:
Freesia, Honeysuckle & Muguet its the sweetest part of the scent and it helps to calm the strong top notes.

Base:
Tonka Bean, Madagascar Vanilla, Patchouli, Warm Musk. WOW this should be part of the top notes, its a perfect match and they get along very well.

ChesleyMusic

I don't smell the PRADA CANDY or Vision Of Love Lollipop Remix on this.

Its festive, dreamy, bright and nostalgic like Mariah Carey said.

Top:

Mid:

Base:

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Wow, this blows me away. The first time I tried it I was in love. I bought the rollerball blind then I rushed out to get a full bottle. I am not a vanilla fan but this one is done right. It is sweet but not too candy sweet. The caramel smells amazing with the vanilla and a slight touch of florals. It is lovely, feminine and non-offensive. You can wear it day, night and any season. The longevity and silage are amazing. Not many scents last long on me but this one sure does. The first time I used it at work a co-worker said "you smell amazing"….I know I do! A must have. This is her best one in my opinion. I'm going for backups. I got mine at TJMax for cheap and I've also seen it at Marshalls.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

So I’m shopping the cosmetics aisle of a drugstore talking to the Beauty Advisor, and she suggests Mariah Carey’s Dreams perfume. The Beauty Advisor goes on enthusiastically telling me how much she adores the fragrance of this perfume and how it makes her feel. Out comes the bottle for a spritz.
What a lovely bottle! I love the curvature, reminding me of perhaps a champagne flute. The topper, typical of Mariah and her fascination with these diurnal insects, is of three translucent butterflies, designed to appear as if they are fluttering about the top of the bottle. The name, Dreams, is embossed in the glass with a miniature butterfly at the base.
The bottle is far more elegant than the juice inside. The bottle is the selling point of Dreams. Other than the butterflies made of plastic, which I understand in today’s marketing, the bottle is quite pretty. The target audience probably couldn’t afford what the company would charge for a topper made of real glass butterflies that would have taken away the cheesy look. But we’re not talking vintage Lalique here either. What’s inside is no more than common sweet and warm caramel-vanilla body spray. Simply put.
Frankly, it seems more like a body spray than an Eau de Parfum. It’s lasting power is minimal and its projection is no more than a skin scent for me. Nose to the bone on this one and I’ve been wearing it off and on for over a week. This is a light, gentle scent that can be seasonless, depending on the age group wearing it.
Caramel is the star of this fragrance and keeps its place throughout the run of the perfume. The almonds lend a salty flair to the caramel, keeping it less sweet for the first 30 minutes or so until the vanilla kicks in ever so lightly to make Dreams a sweeter experience. A very light, very gentle musk underlies Dreams so innocently you hardly know it’s there. Patchouli is listed also, and if you’re worried about it, don’t be. I couldn’t even smell it. After about an hour, its time to re-spray.
If you put your nose to your skin and inhale deeply, you can experience a definite Werther’s candy shop experience. Maybe Dreams is a good name for this one because its really hard for me to experience this frag during my waking hours.
It’s a safe bet for much younger women and those entering the fragrance world as a gift. It’s just unobtrusive, uncontrary, so subtle and simple. Definitely not a winter frag, a perfume like this would be consumed by the elements. I can see it worn in warmer weather to bring out its simplicity.
Thank goodness it can be found at deep discount outlets for much less than retail prices, since projection and longevity are kept at minimum standards. It’s not a perfume worth paying full price for by any means.
Its only saving grace is the bottle and that’s only if you like butterflies for your collection.
Dreams will make a good spritzer for bed-time use since you won’t be awake long enough to appreciate how little it really lasts on your skin. Spraying it on linens or scarves may make it last longer.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I wholeheartedly agree that this smells like pineapple soda. Dreams is an extremely sweet candy fruity gourmand scent. I think the heavy caramel and synthetic vanilla make the apple note so sweet it is almost unrecognizable. It's definitely more like green apple candy than a true apple. I don't get any anise or patchouli, for those who dislike such notes. There is a similarity to JS Fancy but I much prefer Fancy. It smells more warm and caramelized whereas Dreams is extremely sharp to my nose and almost too sweet. I am a lover of Fantasy, Fancy, TM Angel, Prada Candy, etc. so I definitely appreciate tooth-achingly sweet scents but this one is just too syrupy and artificial. I want to like it but the initial spray is unbearable. It's ultimately like a poor quality Prada Candy mixed with Fancy and splashed with jello mix. This was a blind buy encouraged by all the reviews that hail this as a delicious caramel fragrance. Personally, I'll stick with Fancy.

TJerria
TJerria

This fragrance carries me away. I love it.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

This is what I get from Dreams:

Sweet vanilla drizzled with gooey caramel. The floral and fruit notes are buried under the mounds of sugary desert notes.

Dreams is young. It's sweet. It's gourmand. A crowd pleaser. Dreams isn't daring or exhilarating. It's a fragrance that could easily disappear into a crowd.

I admit, the longer I wear it the more I like it. The just-shy-of-overwhelming sweetness calms a bit and I am assuming it must be the musk that warms the fragrance in conjunction with the tonka. If I could skip the first 30 minutes of wear I could see myself really enjoying Dreams.

Disclaimer - I am not generally a huge fan of gourmand fragrances, although I do like caramel and often vanilla and tonka as well. Do not let my review discourage you from trying Dreams for yourself. Just because it isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean this can't be your next signature.

ChesleyMusic

Mariah Carey Dreams is the only long lasting fragrance of Mariah Carey, 2nd is the Mariah Carey M.

The perfume really sparkles in the morning and it becomes powdery at night.

On clothes (2-3 days)
on body (1-2 days)

bgraves10
bgraves10

I love Mariah and I love this fragrance. It smells a LOT like Vera Wang Princess. A more floral, less chocolatey version of Princess. It would be a great blind buy for lovers of that fragrance.

I saw it in TJ Maxx today for 14.99 (1.7 oz). There is also a hair mist sold at Walgreens with a $5 off coupon for the 1 oz.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

This has to be my favorite fragrance from Mariah's line.

The story is similar to M being it's inspired by childhood moments in the kitchen with the added memories of her success, husband, and kids. The fragrance Dreams is really a retouch or modern spin of M by Mariah Carey with similar elements the salted edible top notes, the white floral heart, and the sensual base.

The notes that stand out are the salted caramel, honeysuckle, vanilla, almond, and tonka bean. The salted notes mixed with the caramel and florals give the presence of M but in a more creamy and even more addictive way

The con is it's a limited edition fragrance that's only available in the sizes of 30ML & 50ML. It's a sad case being that this fragrance picks up where she left off after Forever with a great quality fragrance.

I really want her to relaunch this as a permanent fragrance to her line with a 100ML bottle and a commercial

To me dreams does top M it's more toned down, still elegant, and a lot more versatile. M probably will be considered her best due to it being her first fragrance, but dreams has won me over with its story and smell

rjpabalate
rjpabalate

swear to G this the coolest day ever cuz i finally got my hands on a 50ml of Dreams. just by reading the reviews and videos online i had to get it.

i feel like it's a What You Spray Is What You Get typa smell and im completely okay with it being like that. i get this sweet caramelized vanilla smell throughout the whole fragrance. my typa smell! oh and Nicki's Pink Friday Deluxe Edition, dat one is my all time favorite.

must get, yall!

Galadia

This actually smells like Caramelized Pineapples... I'm surprised pineapple isn't a note in this... I get a pineapple note similar to the fanta drink... A sparkling pineapple wrapped in caramel, with a salty vanilla marshmallow undertone...

Mariah finally did musk right... It's not overpowering or making the scent heavy this is in fact her most balanced scent very similar to forever in that balance area... Just enough sweets / spices & floral, not too much

My only complaint is this is a limited addition and it's only available in the 50ml size... I hope she makes it a 100ml like she did for lollipop Bling... This actually deserves to stay in the collection... I'd take it over the lollipops very beautiful fragrance

sharyssa
sharyssa

Just got this yesterday the bottle is sooooo pretty the smell is nice i smell some caramel and i would repurchase ;)

Galadia

This smells similar to her Vision of Love fragrance but A MILLION TIMES BETTER / MATURE... just take the French Macaroons out and replace with caramel

This is probably my favorite thus far...

Ok... It goes on smelling similar to M, but with a sparkling effect similar to Luscious Pink (Bergamot / Apple)... Then it settle down and the Star Anise / vanilla-Caramel gives it a spicy sweet tone.... Not over bearing just right, smells very similar to Vision of Love at this point

But truth be told I get the essence of all her fragrances with this one... I get the sensuality of M, the bubbly flirtatious spirit of Luscious Pink, The glamour of Forever, and the playfulness / youth of The lollipop collections..... It's very similar to all her fragrances in a way... She basically took her favorite note out of each previous fragrance and blended then into this

I would call "Dreams" the album... The other fragrances are the songs on it

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

Gorgeous fragrance. This does seem to be a distant cousin to her first fragrance named "M", but it's different enough to have both in a collection. This is sweet, but not tooth achingly sweet. I'm sure this is going to end up being one of my favorites. I hate patchouli and I hate anise, so luckily I'm not put off by those notes in this. I really can't detect the anise, thankfully, and the patchouli is barely detectible. This is so feminine and soft, and a little bit fresh too. My husband likes it, so it passed the man test. So glad I bought this one. The bottle is lightly iridescent, and is really pretty too. Looks great on my dresser.

tahoeaway
tahoeaway

Personally I haven't been a big fan of the other Mariah Carey Fragrances but Dreams is completely in a different ballpark than the rest!
The Beauty Consultant at Kohl's suggested I try it and I was very skeptical and the price was a big turnoff, with that being said the fragrance really delivers. On first spray it comes across as nothing special but it quickly mellows out to a dreamy, creamy vanilla and honeysuckle fragrance. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist all day long! It reminds me of a more complex and sophisticated version of Vanilla Fields which is a big plus in my book.
I picked this is up at TJMaxx for $14.99 for the 1.7oz. Even though it's a great fragrance my budget just didn't fit for the price at Kohl's.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This was a blind buy at Ross's for $14.99. I was not expecting much but this was a pleasant surprise.
This is perfect blend of florals, musk and gourmand notes. Sweet but not cloyingly so, yet fresh, but not fruity. I can definitely smell the patchouli but its not overpowering.
I don't find this a strong scent, but it leaves sort of soft trail on your skin. Very pretty and can be worn by all ages, I think. Bottle is very nice and looks expensive

Dreams has a sugary sweetness about it, but not a burnt sugar, it’s more light and airy. Oddly, I’m not picking up much vanilla exactly, but I do smell a lot of caramel and honeysuckle. If you like sugary sweet scents but don’t want straight up sugar, this might be worth a try. It has a nice blend of sweetness and air.

Cassiopeia99
Cassiopeia99

This perfume smelled so amazing when I first tested it out. I just got it for Christmas and I am in love!

This scent is sweet and I can definitely smell the vanilla and caramel in it. I love how the perfume is not too sweet and to me it has a bit of a musk.

I bought the bottle at kohls for about $45 for the 30ml which I thought was a bit pricey but its like that for all perfumes.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and very elegant.
In my opinion, it's he best perfume yet!

robelzeth
robelzeth

If you enjoy the smell of Chopard Wish....then you'll definately enjoy Dreams MC.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

This is very sweet with caramel, it reminds me a lot of Fantasy and other sweet frags. From first spray until fading all I could smell was vanilla and caramel... without knowing what the notes were, I had no idea there were any florals in there at all. A must-try for lovers of sweet scents.

Belladonna000
Belladonna000

So lovely and sweet. I want it soo bad

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

oh my.. very dissapointed with this fragrance., smells sooo strong, and sweet,like an "old fashion" scent. its nasty!! I does kinda remind me of Prada Candy minus the benzoin, and I never liked that one either.

debush
debush

Love it, vanilla & caramel scent!mariah carey did it again...

panda0410
panda0410

Toned down version of Prada Candy *minus* the benzoin. Its actually rather nice and if you're a gourmand lover you'll appreciate it. I prefer the Prada, the benzoin in that adds a real kicker thats noticeable and separates it well from other similar vanillic/caramel gourmands on the market, but for price point Dreams is not too bad and Id happily wear it.

Anywho
Anywho

This is my first venture into celebrity perfumes. Usually I find them lacking substance but I am impressed with Dreams by Mariah Carey. At first comes a boozy vanilla which gives way to florals after a while and then a sober vanilla reemerges and settles for a soft dry down. Not bad at all... Nice sillage and great longevity. For its price this one is a great buy. The vanilla in this is similar to Hanae Mori on a softer scale.

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

I love this! I think this is Mariah's 2nd best perfume ( Nothing of hers tops 'M' IMHO ) I can see ware some can smell Jessica Simpsons Fancy, But this is much softer and the Carmel note is lovely! Yes, this is Mariah's 2nd best to me. On me, it last a good 7 hours or so. I hope she makes a Stronger or Night time version of this ( Since she has a new album to promote, why not? ) I do wish it was sold in a 3.4 Oz (100ml) Bottle, the small bottles go so fast!

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I tested it yesterday. It's really SWEET and very glamour. I can smell In Control Curious mix with Fancy. Yep but I love all of them ^^

love45
love45

I smelled this at Khol's and I am loving it! The caramel is very prominent. It is a warm cozy scent which kinda reminds me of Fancy by Jessica Simpson!

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is a vanilla-based floral fruity gourmand along similar lines to Purr, Fancy and Fantasy. I like all of these fragrances and find them sweet, warm and enjoyable to wear. They all smell yummy, albeit slightly different from one another.

Dreams kicks arse over M, IMHO, because it doesn't have those weird sea notes. Sillage and longevity aren't huge but aren't too bad.

Bargain buy at the chemist for 9.95 AUD - I'm pleased with my purchase.

DarianJackson6
DarianJackson6

THE BEST MARIAH CAREY FRAGRANCE TO HER NAME!!!

I have worn this fragrance numerous times and I lose count on how many compliments I receive when I sport this fragrance. Yes, this perfume is sweet, but nowhere near as sweet as M by Mariah Carey or Kenzo Amour Kenzo. It truly is a masterpiece, Mariah! I am for one, not a lover of celebrity fragrances, but this one truly is as glamorous as the nose that created the perfume. 5 STARS MARIAH CAREY DREAMS!!

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

This fragrance is very addicting to smell- I can't stop sniffing my little tester card that I picked up today. It's very vanilla and caramel, with some type of distant floral. I almost want to say that it reminds me of Coach Love.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Surprisingly, this smells pretty good. I'm not a fan of Mariah though, so I won't be buying this fragrance. This fragrance is much better than her Butterfly/Lollipop line.

kristen891
kristen891

i smelled this in a fragrance sample today, and my first thought was hmm this smells pretty good! but not probably something i would wear... and then as the day went on i kept thinking, wow, this really reminds me of something i've smelled before.. and AHA. calvin klein euphoria for women. smells VERY similar, only this fragrance is less musky and more sweet than CK euphoria. very close though. nice fragance and would probably smell the best in fall & winter months

celebrity89
celebrity89

Smells so much like Deseo with more emphasis on the vanilla.

jacobmemoirs
jacobmemoirs

I just came back from Kohls after trying this on. I didn't buy it, though. It's ridiculous that it's priced at 49.99, yet the largest bottle is a 1.7oz. That's a definite no-no.

Now, about the fragrance...gotdamn, this is sweet. Not sugary, fake chemical sweet like a lot of the teen-bopper fragrances are, but it's very gourmand sweet. It's very closely related to M by Mariah Carey.

The note I find to be most prevalent is the caramel. I don't smell apple, though, because there's nothing crisp about the caramel. It's just a very rich, sweet scent. The honeysuckle probably adds to the sweetness, because as soon as I sprayed it, all I kept thinking was SWEET SWEET SWEET. And that sweetness has lasted over an hour.

I'd say it's the daytime version of M. It's very sweet, but I guess it could pass for everyday wear. There's a floral note that keeps the sweetness from being barf-enducing. It's a weird medium, though. It's a bit too sophisticated for everyday wear, but it's a bit too sweet & playful for a sophisticated, nighttime elegant event.

I also think that this smells like a sweet, caramel version of Dream Angels Heavenly.

I'll give kudos to Mariah for this being one of her more original fragrances, though. I like it, and while Dreams' projection isn't very far, it stays close to the skin and adds an aura of sweetness all around. LOL if you're knocking the boots, this fragrance will keep you smelling heavenly all through the night.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I don't get why the apple?> apple seems to just cheapen fragrances. I think if amber were used, it might cost Mariah a little more to execute this frag but surely she would get paid back. This COULD have been wonderful, instead it's just aother mass marketed girly frag

jonr951
jonr951

I like this one! It's definitely related to M. I would call it M's young/teenage sis for sure. Haha! It smells like Katy Perry's Meow or something that I can't put my finger on. It's the dry-down of Meow because Meow's top is a whole lot fruitier than any of Dreams' development. I got me a 1oz bottle. I'm happy with it but it doesn't beat M. And that's ok. : )

It reminds me of Dream Angels Heavenly Kiss as well. : )

Ok, I smell, of all things, BANANA! Which is making me like it more! Haha! And it's reminding me of a much much less fruity and much more creamy Super G. Crazy! : )

astamm62
astamm62

Not crazy about this one...The notes seemed I would like it, This smells not so nice to me when first sprayed.Kinda sour or bitter a cheap smell,I don't what it is..The drydown not to bad..Try before you buy

ann_txpurple

Thank you for the info and the scent, and where to buy . Yeah Khols is closer than going to the mall for Macys. Diffently will smell first but sounds like a winner to me. Clothes and accessories I really dont care but designer fragrances I do. I love Romance by Ralph Lauren and get complements all the time. Its light floral and smells natural with my skin chemistry and long lasting. I will keep buying it but I want an alternative fragrance to rotate and love just as much. I love M. And the bottle shape. Then now tonight I read it has butterflies on it too. Which really put the icing on the cake. I love butterflies and have a connection to them. I have one tattoo and its a pink and purple butterfly. Going shopping at Kholes tomorrow. Cant wait.

mirjana.pavlović
mirjana.pavlović

Why does this only exist in Kohls? And why is it limited? -.-

prettyswag
prettyswag

this smells a little bit like burberry brit red..and some other scents ..so boring..nice bottle..but this has been repeated so many times..worth a sniff but not worth the buy..oh well.

almarie

I received this today, and I do like it, but I don't love it. It actually reminds me of another perfume that I can't quite remember the name of, but it's familiar. Not as sweet as I was hoping for- I mean, at first it's sweet, but then it has more of a sharp lasting note that I really don't care for. Oh well, the bottle is cute, and it will look great in my collection!

Sweetsunlight

I really need to smell this first. It almost sounds like M, but not quite. I think this is going to be at Khols in a few weeks. I will say I love the bottle :)

CourtneyCakes
CourtneyCakes

i want this so much, it sounds beautiful and the notes sound so yummy
someone asked if the votes are for mariah or for the perfume, why not both, this sounds great

scain54
scain54

Are the votes for the fragrance, or for Mariah? This makes no sense to me.

almarie

I just ordered this fro the Kohl's website. I can't wait to try it!!!The notes sound amazing!

Deseoforever
Deseoforever

To explain the bottle

Designed to mirror the curves of a champagne flute, the Mariah Carey Dreams bottle is a tribute to Mariah’s festive nature. The butterflies entwined around the champagne flute hold a special meaning for Mariah. They are a representation of what matters most to her.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

The bottle looks like L'air du Temps.

misswhiskers
misswhiskers

Has this been released already? If not then how are so many people, already rating it?? I hate that when people vote for a fragrance that they have not even smelled before! You should only rate a fragrance, that you have tested & know what it smells like!!!!

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

I really can't wait to try this! :)I love M (it smells heavenly and lasts on my skin) so, i really have high hopes on this one. :D

Ouch!
Ouch!

Great reviews everyone! *giggles*

perfumeloverforever
perfumeloverforever

What a beautiful advertisement, Mariah looks stunning! I will be getting this by the sound of the notes! And the bottle looks lovely!

loonad
loonad

love the bottle.cant wait to smell this.

Whit
Whit

I'm ready for this one! Mariah's frags have been great so far, and I'm really hoping this one won't be a let down like some of the other new celebrity releases have been. If I could sing a whistle register (or sing period), I would totally be doing it right now. :D

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

yup i will bebuying this . only becausei am a huge Mariah Carey fan. Have been since 1990 and i can recall every part of my life thus far having a mariah carey album released during some wonderful times. 1997 Butterfly..highschool..carefree days Rainbow 1999 graduation and independence Glitter 2001 first boyfriend Charmbracelet 2002 ..heartbreak betrayal 2005 The Emancipation of Mimi ..moving to LA and new beginnings..Memoirs of an Imperfect angel..success..new chapter.. i dont care if this for women, i will wear this proud and love every second. cant wait

chio17
chio17

can't wait! the bottle is just gorgeous! i love butterflies! and the title is just perfect! hope it smells different and divine!

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

finally!!! A different bottle!!

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

Why are people voting already?! This is ridiculous.. giving gullible people the wrong impression of what this will actually smell like. Fragrantica should really disable voting buttons until the fragrance is actually released.

Dreams by Mariah Carey 4.10 out of 5 based on 190 ratings and 83 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mariah Carey Dreams fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mariah Carey Dreams, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dreams by Mariah Carey. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dreams by Mariah Carey represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.