Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1069 I had it: 430 I want it: 437 My signature: 19

smoky
M Mariah Carey for women Videos
M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures M Mariah Carey for women Pictures

You can not only listen to Mariah Carey, but also smell her first fragrance. Our fragrance always reveals our desires and thoughts better than words. This oriental fragrance by Mariah Carey, named M, is captured in a very romantic and delicate bottle, designed by Jean Antretter. It was designed by two perfumers - Carlos Benaim and Loc Dong.

Mariah comments on her first fragrance: "For me, creating this scent was like creating a song - it takes many notes to compose a fragrance. It's like a beautiful melody."

Its opening is unusual, judging by its composition: it is a combination of sweet marshmallow and fresh sea notes. A heart unites sweet Tiare flower and gardenia. The oriental character is growing stronger with time and a drydown reveals amber, patchouli and Morocco incense.

The fragrance comes as 15ml parfum, 30m, 50ml and 100ml eau de parfum, accompanied with a matching body lotion. A beautiful set of miniatures which includes three gracious small flacons with charming butterflies has been available since October 2008 for 35 dollars. Purple, pink and golden butterflies contain 0.16 fl.oz (5 ml)of fragrant fluid each and are a real treat. M was launched in 2007.

Marshmallow Sea water

Gardenia Tiare Flower

Amber Patchouli Incense

M by Mariah Carey Gold Deluxe Edition

M Fragrance Reviews

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

stinky stinky yuck, pungent sticky sweet, my least favorite perfume I own. I keep it around because the bottle looks cute on my vanity but remains full.
scent: 3
packaging: 8

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

M is a really sexy and sensual take on Marshmallows. I imagine marshmallows sitting in black decorative glass bowls in a high class brothel some where in new york city surrounded by rooms filled with a musky and almost sweet smell to them- I could be way off or my imagination could be some what questionable or weird but it's nice to have a fragrance where i can say that marshmallows smell sexy.

On my skin the marshmallows have been forced into submission by a really dominant and sexy incense note and they seem to be laying amongst a bunch of tiare flowers which add a heady and beautiful floral component. I do get a hint of gardenia and a hint of patchouli but for the most part it's all about marshmallow, tiare and incense. They work together beautifully on my skin and whilst the fragrance doesn't develop that much for me I'm still really satisfied with what i get.

The lasting power is excellent, I probably get over 12 hours of wear on my skin and over 24hrs on my clothes. M is probably the best fragrance under Mariah Carey's name, I totally recommend it if you want something that is both unique and affordable and those are two qualities that are very hard to find now.

Rielle
Rielle

What happened????? I had this perfume a couple of years ago /and gave it away/ It was loud gardenia with incense, smelled old and dated and filled the room. Just got my new bottle and this one smells very soft marshmallow, close to skin nothing like my previous bottle. Was this juice reformulated or I just got a fake?

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

I actually like this... my boyfriend doesn't like the musk in it but oh well!!! My grandma complimented me on it. :)
It is definitely sweet and musky but not too strong. Give it a chance!

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

For all the bad reviews I really didn't think it was too bad. I get marshmallow and pineapple and the overall effect of fruit salad we call ambrosia or in in the area where I live, "5-cup salad". Sweet and a bit toasted smelling but not unpleasant to my nose and not as syrupy as Mariahs other scents. I am a sucker for the pretty butterfly bottle.

Alysha
Alysha

I'm not sure if I'm into the incense in this. I like the marshmallow.

I have a huge bottle and I think it'll take me 10 years to finish. It was a blind buy based on reviews from fragrantica. Only $20 for 100mls, so I don't mind owning it.

I can see some people being bothered by the scent, I don't find it 'safe' but I do find the incense very 'traditional' smelling.

chrisndema
chrisndema

I wanted to like this perfume because of all the positive reviews but i must admit after buying and generously spritzing on my pulse points my reaction was a .....Meh!
Unobtrusive and just plain nice! I can't find fault with it except for the longevity and I wish the incense note was a tiny bit prominent.
I don't want my fragrance to be just nice. I will keep it for the fall/winter season to see if it will change my perception of it. If not it will make a nice present for someone at Christmas.

Also is it me but after spraying it and going about my business i can't smell it on me, but others can? Strange!
M scores 10/10 for originality.

cyanne

I am reviewing it because I am wearing it today, lightly misted over an Emeraude heart. I discovered this several months ago, and again, I am telling you, it is just gorgeous...and delicious. I am getting a gourmand top layer..not key lime, as one might suspect from the notes, but more like rich and yummy pistachio ice cream. Underneath it all, is the fiery jewel glowing like a green ember.

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

M is a mature sultry gourmand, to me it smells like a concoction marshmallows, sea salt,patchouli,incense and tiare flower goodness. I used to be so in love with it, but I really got bored of it; I never wore it. I gave it away to my mom, that loves any scent you give her and really embraces the smell of any perfume. I found a small mini pure Parfum bottle of it and poured it in to my AC filter so It could send whiffs of it through out my house. All I can smell now is salty marshmallow,patchouli and incense. It will definitely linger for a very long time.. I recommend M to people who love dark sensual sweet fragrances. It's meant to be worn in cool weather or at Night : )

ChesleyMusic

If you're looking for original scent of this, the original bottle is full glass from lid to bottle and the perfume color is golden brown and its stronger than the reformulated ones.

georgiacharms

On my sister this smells amazing, I get no smell of marshmallow or patchouli. Just smokey. Smells divine..

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Toasting marshmallows over an open campfire, with the subtle, sweet smell of Monoi tiare oil in my hair and on my skin, with the lingering smell of Hawaiian Tropics tanning oil, Bain de Soleil orange gelee, a dash of gardenia perfume and crumbly, amber butter.

I love the shady, haziness of this fragrance, the almost nocturnal dreaminess, the way it creates a tableau of someone wearing the typical, sweet celebrity fragrance of the early 2000's but outdoors, at a campground or at the beach, the juxtaposition of the artificial with raw Nature, rather than simply being one. It is a quirky study of a celebrity gourmand, not just a caramel apple with a side of cotton candy.

"M", as compared to other, celebrity scents, is much like its namesake, itself; outwardly, it could be included with the other pop tart options but "M" has something more, leans more towards whimsical than overtly provocative and it's still unique when compared to its peers, is sexy but never trashy and beneath the pop exterior, is the real deal and actual quality --- just like Mariah Carey's natural talent.

"M" is a hazy, slightly sweet but not too much, tropical oriental, that manages to smell clean but not fresh. If you like tiare oil on your skin, after it's dried in The Sand, a little and smells musky, if you prefer a natural simplicity to your foodie notes, rather than an obvious reference and if you prefer stormy notes over sunny ones, "M" is for you. It's for those who don't totally reject mainstream scents but who still want to rebel, a little, with their fragrance.

aztzura
aztzura

I just ordered a big bottle of M from eBay. I'm still deciding if I like this scent. The patchouli is very strong. I expected the sweetness from the marshmallows but not the patchouli. It's in the style of Flowerbomb where it's a strong combination of sweet and patchouli. It also has smokiness from the incense which gives it a cheap, old lady perfume quality. The sillage and longevity are very good though.

ohrite
ohrite

My nose and skin did not enjoy this. It surrounds me in a suffocating cloud, I literally feel like I'm grasping for air. I would describe this perfume as "humid summer by the campfire". I really do can see M's beauty, it is sweet and tender and I love the faint marshmallow. I think it is the incense that ruins it for me, other than my too high expectations. It feels like "old" perfume on a used sweater, and I don't mean "oldladyish" which seems to be a common description of certain scents here. I mean this: when you're getting dressed and reach for a sweater that you've worn some days before and the scent you used that day still lingers, but not fresh from the bottle anymore but a little old and unfresh...maybe damp? I can't come up with the right word but I hope you'll understand anyway. :) This is what M feels like to ME.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Oh, my. I think I'm in love. Jeez, this one is... (sniffing and typing) waaaarm. Sweet, but not fruity or juicy or otherwise 'wet'... no, it's... fluffy! I smell marshmallow, and with the incense there is this smoky, powdery-sweet cloud of fluff. The tiare, gardenia and salty sea notes respectfully allow the marshmallow & incense to steal the show, but peek out from behind just enough to add a bit of tropical beachiness, which I always love... just a *hint*, though... like the fluffy incense cloud of a marshmallow dream on a salty- tropical-fresh mermaid's pillow on a warm, cozy bed of amber. Just when you think you've stumbled upon yet-another-gourmand, albeit a good one, there it is, this salty-fresh mermaid, the one L de Lolita tried to net... and, no offense, as I LOVE L de Lolita, but, dare I say it? M did it better. Gasp!

teadrinker
teadrinker

This smells like cake to me- cake with musky notes. The cake note are more prominent at first, then it becomes more musky. If you like cake smells, I'm sure this is great, but cake is not very popular with me. So, I'm not very fond of this, but foody fans will probably like it.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Gosh, how I love this one and the bottle and the notes and everything. It's about my second month since I've been using it. Last week I think I made my boyfriend crazy wearing it. He likes it, but still prefers something else. It's romantic, passionate,sexy. The marshmallow notes are great! Thank you for creating this one!

dad
dad

Heavy, warm, gooey marshmallows roasting on a fire with incense burning nearby. Also, everyone is drinking heavy cream for some reason.
I bought this perfume on a whim, and at first I was in LOVE.
Turns out I'm slightly musk-phobic.
This perfume is sweet, smoky goodness. Do be warned that it can turn rancid on some skin- my mother wore this and all we could smell was vinegar. If you've got a bad history with balsamics, I wouldn't buy it without testing it first.
It has great silage. Probably best to use with a light hand.
Unfortunately for me, I found that I get really uncomfortable with people being able to smell me when I walk in a room, even if I receive compliments. Someday, though. Someday.
Final Thoughts: Beautiful perfume. Varies GREATLY from person to person. Great lasting power and silage. Perfect for cold winter nights.
Give it a try!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

Hmmmm.... I just got this. I'm a huge gourmand/sweet nut, so I had to try this. I was sold on the marshmellows. While I do smell sweet, I think this borders on old lady powder. :( I am also not a fan of patchouli, the only scents with patchouli I enjoy are the two Killer Queens from Katy Perry. M reminds me of an old person's house. :( But I will try it on my skin during this cold 40 degree Michigan spring and see how that works. So far, it's sweet musky, patchouli violets and that is about it.

I have Dreams on order since caramel and vanilla are among my favorite notes.

Edit: The floral marshmellow really reminds me of Christina Aguilera's Royal Desire. I like RD much more. The drydown is sweet insense that lasts a long time. I also have received Dreams and reviewed that now.

cyanne

I am really pleased to announce a new favorite! I've discovered this fragrance today after ignoring the bottle I was gifted with over a year ago. When I first got it, It thought the bottle was beautiful, but when I spritzed a little in the air, and wasn't impressed. Recently, I discovered the "cloud" technique: Spray perfume in the air and step into it. What a difference! You can't tell about a scent by just smelling the bottle, soaking paper, or even dabbing it on your wrist. All you get then is an initial blast...usually a negative one! I've also learned about layering scent, which makes a difference. I'm not talking about granny dusting powder, or slathering down with scented lotion and cologne, but repeating the cloud -spritz at intervals throughout the day. It brings out the heart and soul of perfume. This one is sunny, light,sexy, and playful. The salty air and toasted marshmallows make it fun. The incense and powder make it sophisticated. Layer it throughout the day and it works its magic!

NoirEternal

Just bought a 30ml bottle of this for the moment until I buy the 100ml next week...

I believe this is one of the older bottles of M... If you're familiar with the 30ml/15ml packaging, there's a plastic see through so you can view the bottle... The one I bought was the same size in the fully Inclosed pearl white box with Mariah's signature M and butterfly in purple lavender...

He liquid is still clear... The other packaging was also in the store but I preferred this one

NOW TO THE FRAGRANCE...

It's been a moment since I've smelled M.. Getting so use to the lollipops and dream... M doesn't have that juicy fruity quality adding a maturity to its sweetness.. The marshmallow is fluffy and warm for the opening.... M then turns rather floral with the marshmallow whispering...

The heart lasts for a long time, I have a natural hair product made with Real Tahitian Tiarè Flowers (Monoï de Tahiti Appellation D'Origine) [authenticity label....] and it smells exactly like the florals in M, the gardenia is there but it's just to highlight the floral aspect of the heart.... But in reality for people who didn't know, the Tiarè is really just a gardenia with a similar yet distinctive smell

The Tiarè really stays throughout the fragrance as the marshmallow mellows out and blends with the incense base changing the mood if the fragrance from sweet to oriental

M overall is a great fragrance one of Mariah's best

NikiS
NikiS

So sweet and long lasting. I think this good.

GoldDustedWoman
GoldDustedWoman

A blind buy. But it has way too much marshmallow, musk, and powder smell. Got a compliment on it the one time a wore it... But I can't seem to want to use it.

clotty
clotty

When I first sprayed this, I thought it smelled very familiar. Now I know what it is. It smells similar to what a vintage-formulation of Dior Poison smells like on the dry down. I mean Very Far into the dry down - the next day's extra sweet lingering notes.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

I wore this all throughout my 7th grade year in middle school. It smells very nice and very appropriate to wear in the day and even at night.
In my opinion this is a very sexy scent. I love wearing this at night even though it's decent in the day.
The incense in here is very sexy and I think that's what gives it a ting of darkness that I just love in fragrances when they are of course executed right. I favorite of mine that I need to buy more of..

larita91
larita91

I was so excited to get this beauty, until the moment I sprayed it on my skin.
This one is very-very similar to Lanvin Rumeur which I love but I don't want another perfume smell almost the same.
To my nose it's very flowery, with a little bit of incense. I don't feel the marshmellow note, just the sweetness. Sweet flowers with just a hint of smokeyness, good one indeed, I would have loved "M" if only I wouldn't have another perfume with the same smell.

NoirEternal

M By Mariah Carey is getting closer to that 10 year mark.... And it's one of the 2 fragrances without a spin off (other being forever)

So what about something fun / creative. Mariah loves incorporating her music into her fragrances. Ever loved a part of a fragrance more than the other, just wish you can snatch that part of the fragrance and wear it all day... This way you can

Instead of introducing a glamorous bottle celebrating the achievements of M by Mariah Carey.... Why not create a trio?

M By Mariah Carey (The Prelude)
M By Mariah Carey (The Interlude)
M By Mariah Carey (The Reprise)

Each fragrance focusing on the Top Notes(The Prelude), Heart (The Interlude), & Base (The Reprise) but in a more lush / velvet / addictive way... Each for a different moment of your life

M by Mariah Carey (The Prelude) - Mariah's warm tone- focuses on the warm marshmallows with an added dark accord of Berries, Orchid, purple Jasmine, creme de musk, smoky cashmere woods & vanilla

M By Mariah Carey (The Interlude) - the sophisticated diva- focuses on the lush combination of Gardenia / Tiarè Flower with the added notes of Bergamot, Peach Bellini Truffle, Lily-of-the-Valley, Sandalwood, Sea Breeze Accord, & musk

M By Mariah Carey (The Reprise) - the seductive aura- focuses on the trio of Golden Amber, patchouli, & Moroccan Incense with an added melody of Plum, Jasmine, Tuberose, & Vanilla Macaroons

It's an idea I hope that will come reality... I'm sure mariah will have more festive notes lol, but I'd love to get this idea to Elizabeth Arden / Mariah Carey

I don't even want credit for it, to me it's a lambily project... I don't care how it gets to her or who presents it, I just want Mariah Carey to see this... I'm a fragrance nerd at heart and I love her #Lambily #XO

NowGet2WorkBitch
NowGet2WorkBitch

Love this! it smells like marshmallows and is very sweet but when u wear it it also has hints of incense too but doesn't lose it's marshmallow scent which is just amazing! The only mariah perfume I like but I wanna try Dreams her new one but I can't seem to find it here in England :(

ChesleyMusic

Well balanced. Just wear it on day time.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Very nice and gothic perfume in the same spirit as J.Galliano's and ck Euphoria perfumes. The combination of insence, mashmellow, white flowers and patchouli is unique. Is dark perfume yet sweet not heady not heavy, very long lasting. I could wear it all year round due to the sweetness. I was surprised with the quality since this is considered to be a celebrity perfume. Overall is a 9/10 for me. The bottle is lovely too. I am very happy with it.

greeneyedsoul
greeneyedsoul

I lost my huge bottle of this on the Greyhound a few years ago. :(

It smells...heavenly. Very delicate and non-offensive.

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

Wow. Just. . . Wow. I payed $20 for a 100ml bottle, and I am just blown away by this fragrance. I bought it blind, and I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but I am so impressed. Marshmallow and incense are two notes that sound very strange to my ear, but they work wonderfully together. This juice is smokey and sweet, on a bed of amber. I don't have anything like this in my collection.

I don't know about the sillage, but I get whiffs of it throughout the day. I applied it at 8 am, and I can still smell it 9 hours later.

M gets a 10/10 from me. I am not a fan of Mariah Carey, but I am so happy she made this fragrance. I can definitely see why it is so popular. I am in love.

I am curious to try some of her other perfumes, mainly Dreams.

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

The opening is pretty much for me sweet amber but then after about a minute i get a beautiful smoky sweet marshmallow smell which sounds strange but this perfume is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

For me the the sillage is heavy, dont overspray unless you want major sillage and to be smelling yourself for the next hour or two (which isnt a problem for me)

The longevity is good too!

Haven't smelt personally many frags like this and i must say i love it even if im not a huge Mariah fan!

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

I love this sent,it was my Signature sent from the time it came out until Madonna's Truth or Dare came out. I still love this fragrance but one problem. I have had 4 or 5 bottles of this now and half way through the bottle the perfume starts to turn an orange-ish brown color. That sucks because I have to throw away a half bottle and it has happened with all of them except my very first bottle. My first one did not change because I wore it EVERY day until it was gone. I give the sent a 10 out of 10 and the longativity/life a 5 out of 10 because if the color change. I give the sent it's self a 10 out of 10. Is smells AMAZING and will last for DAYS! I sprayed some on my scarf and it lasted all winter!

toxicpunkette
toxicpunkette

I thought this perfume was going to be like the candy collection. Not a bad perfume but it wasn't for me. The scent reminded me of something my mother would wear like a Elizabeth Taylor perfume.

Mrs.Hollywood
Mrs.Hollywood

I really grew to love this perfume.
All I get is marshmallow...my favorite. And it's balsamic which I also love. It's not girly sweet in my opinion, but a more mature fragrance. I will always have a bottle of this for as long as they keep making it.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

As my sister had moved into her new home with her husband she asked for a hand to help her clean up the junk from the previous owner. On my way home she gave me a bottle of this, I'd remembered she bought this bottle of fragrance about 6 years ago and she had never used it. It was slightly discoloured too, perhaps it's the marshmallow note? Or perhaps maybe there is vanilla but it is not listed. When I took this baby home and sprayed it I got an unbearably sweet marshmallow opening however this softened after about 5 minutes. Then the magic happened, it enveloped me in a cloud of soft marshmallows and insense. This isn't the regular insense you smell on arabian women (that type of smell makes me wanna puke!) But rather a more soft and smokey insense. The marshmallow softened up too. Very nice evening perfume. After about 2 hours it dries down fully and you can start smelling the amber and gardenia in the background. For a celebrity scent this is a masterpiece. Give it a try! You won't be breaking the bank too much even if it's a blind buy

DandyManderz
DandyManderz

This is my signature scent. I absolutely love this perfume. For a celebrity perfume it's actually pretty complex and the scent doesn't have a strong chemical smell to it, if at all. It smells sweet like marshmallows or creamy candy which blends nicely with an undertone of salty incense like muskiness. I don't know what it is but this is the only perfume I have gotten multiple compliments on from total strangers. I'm not sure if it's just a well made perfume or the fragrance just goes well with my natural scent. I would definitely recommend at least testing it out.

liban23
liban23

M by Mariah Carey was a perfume I had to acquire a taste for.

I originally blind bought it based on the notes and reviews, which at the time was a huge mistake. I thought it would be a sweet marshmallow based perfume, but instead all I got was patchouli.

A couple of months ago I decided to revisit M, and this time my prior expectations were met. I should add the time period between testing my nose had matured somewhat..

When I smell M, yes, I still do get alot of patchouli but this time it isn't all that I smell. As the perfume settles a little bit I really detect the incense, gardenia and marshmallow. Hearing that combination of notes may sound bad, but it is actually very pleasant and warm. I love wearing M in cold weather because it does a great job of enveloping me in a way that a warm and cozy sweater would.

Lasting power is great I get 7+ hours with a couple of sprays. It is heavy though, so I would recommend using a light hand. I would definitely recommend giving M a try.... you may be surprised :)

jenny.166
jenny.166

Not your typical celebrity fragrance. I can mostly detect marshmallow and incense.
It's appropriate for 15-19 years olds
With 5 sprays it has mega sillage so I wouldn't recommend that many sprays but I've received compliments on it from both a male and female

robori
robori

its a very fancy perfume, projects and have a long lasting power, very sweet, veeery feminine, i think its one the bests fragrances i know, in my opnion its very fruit sweet

Shimone
Shimone

I had totally forgot that I applied skin musk oil on my skin after showering and for some dumb reason I sprayed my wrist with M! Omg.....I don't mix fragrances but got damn this combination is simply beautiful,I can't stop smelling myself!!! Both are beautiful on its own,but wow;I'm loving the combo. I'm gonna blame it on the alcohol(Patron) for this mystery mix I had bit much of it today❤️

lyciumchld

I didn't expect to like this as much as I do, but it really is quite nice. Not overly sweet, but lush, full, comforting, and a little bit mysterious. I'd place this underrated scent in the must have category. Weekend wear with jeans and lipstick, or sky-high wedge sandals and an evening walk in the park, YES!

Broseph
Broseph

Shiny teeth singing lady likes butterfly. Only butterfly in ALL color? Broseph say make new not same!

Layzie
Layzie

With M, I can smell the patchouli and white flowers, but the incense is overbearing. On paper, it was too strong and felt more like air freshener than perfume. However, when my friend wears this fragrance, it is divine! There is a soft elegance to it that works well with her chemistry. It becomes this lightly sweet floral perfume that draws attention from her peers.

georgiacharms

Absolutely loved this scent!

niquemishelle
niquemishelle

I had this perfume years ago as a gift and at first, I liked it. NEVER loved it but now I absolutely HATE it. It's waaaay too strong for my liking. I'm a fan of really sweet scents and this wasn't it. Maybe it was just me and I'm sure some people will tend to love it but its not for me.

Repogirl
Repogirl

This was a scrubber on me... could not stand the patchouli and the sweetness in this.

missyxjane
missyxjane

maybe i got a bad batch or a fake? but the first thing i smell is pure alcohol which gives me a headache. after it dries down i just smell a sweet floral, nothing special. I have a 30ml that just sits there.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I love this scent. At first it's very sweet, playful and youthful with the strong marshmallow smell before getting down to gardenia, and then a more sexy and mature scent with patchouli and incense. I wear this all the time, day or night, and I always get people asking what perfume I'm wearing.

bluektq
bluektq

I bought this because I am a "lamb" (Mariah Carey's fan) and I was curious how does Mariah smell like. Surprisingly, I love the smell, but it is just too sweet to be worn by a guy, so I use this as my room fragrance :p
I think this perfume is really well thought out and well made, all the notes layered beautifuly.
I love the colour of the bottle but I'm not a big fan of the gigantic butterfly lid

dahrling
dahrling

I love this perfume! It is just so intimate. It reminds me of a night on the beach with your best friends. It is delicious! On me it smells very marshmallow-like, but it's definitely not cloying and only gets really sweet in the dry down.

By the way, does anyone know if M has been re-released into a stronger version? I have the 3.4 oz bottle which is very weak in silleage, but I read reviews that say it's really strong - on Mariah Carey's website for M there are only two Eau de Parfum versions available - the 15ml and 30ml one! Does anyone know what's going on?

Herestoshuttingup
Herestoshuttingup

I am so impressed by this scent! Smelling it from the bottle I thought I'd hate it, the gardenia hit me like a truck and it seemed too heady and floral for me. I'm glad I gave this a chance, once it develops on my skin for a few minutes it's all floral, smoky incense and sweet violet. It does remind me of Jasmin Noir, though I prefer Bvlgari's version. I don't get much marshmallow from this, just a hint of general sweetness which is fine. I love this as an evening scent.

candew36
candew36

I am not impressed. It is ok, but it does not last long. It seems that I put it on and it disappears. Smell is nice it just does not last on me at all!

mimsko

very nicely done, sweet, but not cloying, a bit dark and smokey...someone below said that it was a "crowd pleaser"- that is true. gets you a lot of compliments, smells classy, but not in an oldfashioned way, just the opposite. and also- reminds me a lot of bvlgari jasmin noir- i always get asked if i'm wearing jasmin noir when i'm wearing m :)

Jenge
Jenge

Blind buy based on the glowing reviews. That was a mistake. You MUST like patchouli to enjoy this. I do not, and I should have known better.

The perfume pyramid above is spot on. I really enjoyed the toasted marshmallow opening and the florals were very rich, but beautiful. I just couldn't take the patchouli and incense base, it was way too heavy for me. I tried to wash it off twice, and could still smell it 5 hours later! So it does have great longevity! (That was only 1 spray, too.)

I think if you like patchouli and sweet notes, this is very well done, lasts, and is a good price. I would say it's in the same family as La Vie Est Belle and even Angel, but much more friendly and less cloying.

Lakambini
Lakambini

The first and the only good one among Mariah's perfumes in this style bottle. Opening notes are rather crowd-pleasing, a blend of sweetness and licorice, with a hint of coconut a la suntan oil. Really gets interesting once it dries, with its strong, aromatic, sweet but clean patchouli note, giving it a somewhat masculine edge. No burnt marshmallow whatsoever ... That must have been an inspired marketing idea. I am so not a fan of Mariah's image, and only marginally of her voice, but this fragrance is my type exactly. It's getting rarer, so grab it if you can!

celly32
celly32

YUCK...this smells like burnt marshmallow and plastic I hate it, the worst in her line..I love all of her other perfumes this is the only one I absolutely hate..

babycakesbec
babycakesbec

One of my all time favourites! This perfume smells delicious. Sweet but not overpowering.

xoxcrista

How anyone could hate on this is beyond me. Creamy white florals and exotic incense are present, with a hint of sea air and patchouli. The petals of the tiare flower are so fragrant here, I love the depth of this fragrance. Its my go-to fragrance in autumnal nights at the bar. My fiance's mother once commented "I can smell beautiful flowers, but I don't see any... they must be close!"

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I tested it this morning. So I want to review it. It's like a mash up with marshmallow and patchouli scent. Yeah I so confused. @@ When I sprayed it on local shop I smelled it like marshmallow and I went around to look for some my fav perfume. I smelled again it like a patchouli candle. I don't know why because I sprayed five minutes ago

love45
love45

When I first sprayed it, all I smelled was incense but the drydown was beautiful. I think the marshmallow and the incense make a great combo because it gives this perfume sophistication. It is not a sticky sweet perfume but more of a mature scent which is why I love it! I'm thinking about adding it to my collection :)

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Smells like roasting sweet marshmallows at a BBQ party at night, right on the beach, where you can smell the salty sea breeze.
So warm, so cuddly, so delicious.

lyssasee
lyssasee

This perfume smells too "old lady" for me. I mean of course INITIALLY that's all your'e going to smell but even ON me. It didn't dry down, I just smelled the patchouli and inscense all day with a hint of amber, which i do like, but its too overpowered for me to enjoy at all

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

I remember the first time I sniffed it. At the time, I was just not impressed. It could be that my nose was exhausted at the fragrance counter in Macy's trying to find something I liked. I felt it was "meh" and all I could smell were the sweet notes.

Fast forward to the day after I had my youngest son. My attending nurse smelled wonderful. Anyone whose been pregnant or around someone whose been pregnant or recently had a baby knows that woman has a sense of smell in overdrive. I had to know what she was wearing. I complimented her fragrance and asked her what it was hoping that a)she wasn't offended by a compliment because people can be weird like that and b) that she wasn't one of those people who wants to keep their fragrance a secret. She smiled, thanked me for the compliment, and told me it was Mariah Carey M. I asked this one crazy question just to make sure because by then flankers had been created and I didn't want to make any mistakes. I asked "You mean the one in the purple bottle with the butterfly?" She said yes. It was powdery and soft on my nurse, not the sugar shower I experienced at the mall.

With that said, it's mostly marshmallow, incense and amber on me. I get a tiny bit of the tiare. Who knew those notes could work on me together at once? Thru out the day it does morph. It does start out with some tiare with a whole lot of marshallmow and a blast of incense. It all dries down to a powdery, ambery, sweet incense. Love, love,love.

projectalice345
projectalice345

I cant really wear any of Mariahs scents. Pretty bottles though and lovely notes in them. They smell really good on other people. to me they are smell the same.

jessbug
jessbug

The opening notes are a bit too harsh for me; I think it's the combination of the incense and the tiare flowers and that 'salty' sea note that kinda overwhelms my nose when I first spray this on. After thirty minutes or so, the fragrance calms down a bit and just turns so freaking lovely that I am seriously considering buying a bigger bottle already. I guess it's the marshmallows, and a little bit of the smokey incense, supported by a non-overpowering patchouli that just smells so inviting and cosy.

I don't know why I don't reach for this more often; most times I feel like it doesn't really fit my mood well enough. But when I do wear it, I'm always amazed by how much I love it. Very glad to have this in my collection :)

camarillo
camarillo

Love! this is one of my perfume collection, so sweet perfume... but if you wear this perfume everyday maybe you will boring :)

Mariah Carey Honey Lover
Mariah Carey Honey Lover

I Love This perfume. It is really Floral and a bit heavy. The smell last's for a really long time. This is classified as a female fragrance but this to me is more of a unisex smell and this is honestly great for men. It is not cheap smelling at all like the male fragrances now a days. This is great for Mariah Carey fans to enjoy. I got a lot of compliments and you will to if you wear this fragrance.

bailarina
bailarina

This is way better than Dolce&Gabbana La Roue de la Fortune, way way better. I own the two and I really enjoy this one. I do not care for La Roue. The Marshmallows, Patchouli and Gardenia are my Favorite notes in this perfume. I also like the incense note.
This fragrance is worth the price or more. Sillage is OK and it lasts a good amount of time (about 5 hours if is a fresh one, or on moisturized skin)

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

I love this fragrance..one of my better blind buys. I'm not sure why (since their notes are nothing alike), but this reminds me of a softer, sweeter, altogether nicer version of Lolita Lempicka. I swear I smell licorice in the opening of this one.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

When you first spray this perfume it smells amazing like " hah not a typical celebrity fragrance" But then when it drys down, it smells weird as hek.like a rottenish kind a vibe is what I get from it. I think they put a note in there that doesnt mix well with the rest and figured no one would notice.

Buddhagirl
Buddhagirl

Very nice scent. I wore it all throughout middle school.
At that time it was all about Britney Spears Fantasy and Mariah Carey M for me.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is certainly unusual. I'm not too keen on it as it smells quite off putting - can't exactly describe it. It may be the sea notes? It is a bit sweet but in a weird way. Definitely not for me! Worst blind buy yet!

cdred
cdred

Hmm if I had to say one of Mariah songs to go to this it would be "Melt Away" (listen to it), if you are a deep & sensual perfume lover, you will love this! I have been wearing this for about 4 years and I still love it. It is somewhat gourmand but very hard to explain because I don't think there is really too much out there that smells like this, it is truly one of a kind. I totally am not into the celeb scent thing because they usually cater to scent that a teen would like but despite the fact that Mariah is probably my fav singer (have loved her since a little girl) this perfume is a whole different reason to love her, an awesome fragrance, although I can't say too much about her other fragrances besides Forever which I really love too. The perfume is perfect for cold weather, or a summer night just a little goes a long way. Another plus is that it stays on for a good amount of time, it is not at all a weak scent. Out of all of my perfumes even the most expensive this is one of the top that gets compliments. If you have been wondering go get a bottle I don't think you will be disappointed but like I said not for "clean & soapy" lover this is sensual and robust perfume, yummy!

blondes4life92
blondes4life92

Mariah definitely hit it out of the park with her first fragrance. If there is one thing about this fragrance that stands out it is that the quality is AMAZING. This perfume lasts at least 7 hours with amazing sillage & mixes well with most skin chemistry, not to mention there are tons of crazy deals with this scent. For the fragrance itself, M is just really warm & woodsy with little bits of florals & an edge of marshmallow/patchouli. It's perfect for fall & winter, & it just really makes you feel calm. When I wear M I feel sophisticated, sexy, alluring & pleasant like the diva MiMi is. Not to mention the bottle is adorable for any perfume collection. Spray sparingly though, especially if you have an above average sense of smell because M is borderline overpowering with 1 too many sprays.

Sugar419
Sugar419

I love this perfume a lot but notice it never progresses beyond the first two notes for me. I put it on 4 hours ago and still all I smell is really strong sea water and marshmallows. It smells good, but it is fairly linear for me. Good lasting power too. I like it.

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

It just smells floral and Incensey to me :( I was hoping to detect the marshmallow note :( but I still like it!! But my husband doesn't..he says it smells like an old lady wanting to be way younger :( guess u won't wear this around him...he doesn't like many fumes but he hates this one!!!

lauraapadron
lauraapadron

at the beginning: very floral on me, dont get much marshmallow. then settles nice and sweet. nice, young, flirty .. good for the day IMO

fighter

I really do LOVE this perfume. It's so different from all the boring and generic fruity floral made by other celebrities. This is so mature and sophisticated. I guess is the combination of incense and marshmallows that generates this excellent result. You HAVE TO try this.

For me it evoque luxury, gold, comfort. It's definitely a diva perfume.

It is strong, so don't wear too much. And I would recommend to use this under cold temperatures. Definitely not a summer perfume.

Can't wait to test also the parfum concentration of this.

FIVE STARS

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Nice fragrance; nothing out of this world but good for the price. Great casual fragrance for me; I wore it during the day and it held up pretty well.

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

It's a shame Mariah's collaboration with the perfume company she is endorsing has become much like J-los- quantity over quality. I say this, because- Mariah's first perfume, M is beautifully done! This is such an adult scent without being an "old lady". I get mostly marshmallow and incense- which REALLY does smell like toasted marshmallow! This "sea water" or "sea breeze" accord really cannot be pinpointed on my skin or clothing whenever I wear it distinctively, but it may be responsible for that certain je ne sais quoi that makes people either ADORE or HATE this fragrance. I refuse to say that this perfume is overpowering, and the only reason I think people are saying that is because they're probably used to spraying a celebrity scent 6 times before they smell the generic cotton candy smell at all on their skin. One or two sprays with "M" will do it, and the longevity (I spray once in my hair, and once on my neck/chest depending on what I'm wearing) is set for about 11-13 hours. I wear this fragrance to bed sometimes because it's SO beyond comforting and relaxing! I do not recommend this fragrance for little girls (see Mariah's new fragrance Dreams for that demographic), but this is perfect for young adults and up who want to smell sophisticated, classy, but still have that fun and urban appeal!

SophieJ
SophieJ

Smells like incense and fluffy marshmallows. Very.. interesting. It's not what you would think when you see the bottle and imagine a scent Mariah Carey would wear. It's suitabe for any age really, and a person who likes the darker, more mysterious side of life. The bottle should be red or black. Aside from that, the scent is great. Upon further inspection, I smell cinnamon and a hint of floral along with the marshmallow fluff and patchouli incense. So glad I picked this up for $3 on clearance. The flankers though, are nothing like this unfortunately.

VanillaTabbyCat1963

I now have four bottles of this-two 100 ml testers, one 50 ml purse spay and the first one I bought, a 1 oz-er with a little left.
I love this scent so much. The more I wear it, the more I become endeared to it. I wear "M" when I don't know what I am in the mood to wear.
I've been told "M" is a gormand scent by definition, yet it's warm, creamy scent has instigated a few sweet tooth attacks tooth I have only more recently been able to ignore.
This scent is practally all about tiare somehow intensified by soft marshmallow, which was in retrospect, what I'd call genius to use now that i'm more familiar with the characteristics of tiare.
I don't get a strong, assertive prescence from the other players with the exception of the incense note, which is fine with me. The incense deepens and makes the whole composition sexier.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

One word for M amazing!!!! This scent is a new favorite of mine it's very sweet light and almost fluffy I know that sounds a little off but to me this smells like being by a campfire that is facing the ocean it's so musky yet clean bc of the sea note this was beyond my expectation amazing unique perfume 10/10

frillyfillyB
frillyfillyB

Me thinks we object too much:) This is a lovely, different scent, I feel. It is just so well done that we cannot appreciate it! I think the notes are so prettily blended, but I do smell a bit of maple syrup which cannot possibly be there. I like this and it's a keeper!

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I got this because I found it while I was out on a perfume bargain hunt and remembered reading that a lot of people liked this one, So for $7 I figured why not. It's nice. I think I get more incense and maybe a sweet smokiness but it also has a "older lady" vibe hiding in the shadows. And yet again there was that familiar "somethings off with this" smell I've come far too accustomed to...bingo! Gardenia. Every single time. Do they even make perfume without gardenia? Anyway this is an odd one, it's pretty and a little different but just not different enough. Maybe I'd really love it if it didn't have that damn gardenia that makes everything smell like popcorn butter on me.

mhubbard

Sweet, sweet, sweet,which is fine, but boring and unoriginal. Honestly, ask yourself what do raw marshmellows smell like? Nothing much. Almost identical to Purr, which has perhaps a tad more personality. Fantasy and Fancy from this celebrity genre are vastly better. Pink Sugar also. No sillage here. Buyer beware.

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

Well, I find this overpowering and way too strong on me. When first sprayed, I can smell a woody sweetness, which i'm assuming is from the marshmallow note. I actually liked it, and I thought it smelled nice. Then it changes for the worse. It quickly turns very floral and musky, and the gardenia is overwhelming. It just didnt work with my body chemistry. It smelled horrible. My friend has this too, but it smells amazing on her. So, this is one of the scents that will smell great if it works with your body chemistry, but absolutely horrible if it doesnt. Now im stuck with a big bottle that I'll never use.

lyciumchld

On me this instantly turns into a gardenia explosion. Notes of incense are there, as are the sea accords, but I am hard-pressed to find any marshmallow, amber, or patchouli. Not a bad little blind buy, especially considering the price, but I'm not sure I like it too much. It isn't what I expected, and am actually glad that the marshmallow doesn't take over the fragrance, but I doubt I'll be buying another bottle. I may revisit this and review again, when it's had more time to develop.

EDIT: M is growing on me. The clean-ness of this fragrance strikes me, especially given its focus on incense. A hint of sweetness emerged, finally, and rounded it out nicely. It's not a love for me, but on further examination I do find that I like it. Glad I purchased.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

The inscence in this makes a very powerful statement in this fragrance. I did not expect it to be as strong as it is, but I really love it for winter wear. It is one of my favorites of her perfumes.

patxaran
patxaran

I was about to put this into the "swap fodder" category for being "meh" but I am glad I gave it an other try. When I sampled this it was on my hand (the back of it!) and I guess the scent didn't develop properly. However I did notice that the drydown wasn't bad at all and quite longlasting, too (could still notice it after showering). Now I am getting lots of powder, marshmallows but thank goodness no fruitiness which is what puts me off many celebrity scents. Looks like it is a keeper but an every day type of "liker" rather than lover.

AngeleAmalie
AngeleAmalie

This smells pleasant and sweet spicy, even a little balmy. just a great perfume<3

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

I love this. I'm not sure if people like it on me, but I can smell the sweet marshmallows and gardenia as well as the incense! It really reminds me of walking on the beach eating marshmallows by a fire.

I.I
I.I

To me, this is a lovely, so so beautiful perfume!
It is on the same vain as Dolce e Gabanna but I can't find a direct similarity, they are not similar at all.
M is sweet but not THAT sweet. I mostly smell intoxicating, absolutely romantic and fantastic incense. Queen Latifah, Hard Candy, Magnetisme are to me almost unbearably sweet but not this one. This one is much more complex and unusual.
Love it and gonna use the whole bottle up, as it seems.
Also very long lasting and almost subtle and non offensive, suitable for all ages.

xxsaphxx
xxsaphxx

I bought this for $19AU for 100Ml. It's amazing <3
So sweet and marshmallow-y :)

jdolani
jdolani

Beautiful perfume!

Jyllian
Jyllian

I have a question..I LOVE Mariah Careys Perfumes (M and most of the Lollipop fragrances..) however, i have been having nothing but problems with the sprayers on the smaller bottles...has anyone else had these problems? the bottle sprayers are defective or somthing ..on M, That Chick and i think vision of love, small bottles, the pump on the sprayer gets stuck down...then i cant spray the perfume..
I just need to know if anyone has had this problem and if so, how do you fix the sprayer, or open the bottle to get the perfume without ruining the bottle..I e mailed the company about it and i just got an e mail back saying "we dont give refunds, but you can send them back and we'll replace them" ( i didnt want a refund i just wanted to know how i could fix them ) but if anyone knows how i can fix it, id appreciate it...:)

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

OMG! For such a long time I ostracised Mariah Carey's fragrances because of the tacky names & cheap bottles, but I decided to trial M on my skin whilst out shopping. I went to the movies with it on, then straight after the movie finished, I ended up purchasing a 100ml bottle! I REALLY love this fragrance! When I first spray it, I get a fresh, airy waft of the sea water, and the heavy, sweet accord from the marshmallow. Once it dries down, I smell florals and an extremely powerful incense, which gives this fragrance a strong, smoky vibe that I just adore. This is not at all what I was expecting, and if I run out, it is definitely something that I would repurchase!

meli1893
meli1893

REALLY NICE ! i paid 19.99 for a 100ml bottle and after 2 years i still have it. the smell last long so you dont need to put a lot . Best one so far by Mariah

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

A burst of sweetness!
I've just purchased it, it was blind buy and...I am very surprised!

Very sweet scent, but marshmallows and incense are well composed here...It's scent to wear in Winter or Autumn. Very intensive - few sprays are enough to leave a subtle tail, believe me. Too much of this sweet treasure may be tiring.

fighter

Interesting fragrance. Long standing power. More wearable for adult woman. Lady I would say. The incense is really interesting.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

I am so positively suprised with tis one! After 7 hours of wear and a rich shower I can still smell it on my wrist! Amazing! The smell is also beautiful, feminine, juicy and sexy, very simmilar to D&G's pour femme. I think i am going to buy a full size product!

VanillaTabbyCat1963

Recently, I started looking for a Tiare fragrance without the the mix leaning towards the tropical suntan lotion combo of notes. After reading about "M", I was intrigued with the strange but appealling choice of ingredients which I happily found out was carefully derived from the same heartfelt inspiration that goes into MC's musical endevors.
Lots of great reviews reinforced my interest, and as a gift to myself for turning the big 5-0, I snatched a 3.4 oz."M" for under twenty bucks at Ross.

"M" was just what I had hoped for-The opening on me is an interesting juxposition of soft mellow sweetness of the marshmallow playing against the salty accord. (Then the part where I start craving chocolate covered marshmallows!!! )Then, the richness of Tiare moves forward next. Next, a deeper sultry dimension builds, becoming more obvious from the growing incense accord. The final result a fragrance that is both sexy and mysterious, while at he same as light as air and like a magical fairy princess.
Lately, sense of enchantment with the of the world has been revived, as well as my physical being. I have been addressing working on becoming physically healthier by eating more veggies and going to bed earlier, to reduce my chronic pain. "M" has an effect on me seems to be a reflection of that.

P.S. Four days later,and I can tell I'm gonna run thru this quickly! It is very addictive, and is fast becoming my new favorite sent!
I bought a .5 oz bottle for my purse, and then ordered a 3.4 ml at my fave online store. I usually dislike sweetie scents, so I am really surprising myself!

mirjana.pavlović
mirjana.pavlović

Hello, you down there!
It's very strong! You just need a little bit.

tha
tha

hi....how about the smell? soft or strong?

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I just bought a 0.5 oz of this scent and luscious pink together for $12.99 on ebay and while I got a good deal on both scents, I'm not impressed with any of them. I don't like this scent at all because it's SO musky smelling and all I smell is incense....I want to smell the marshmallow note :( This is going back on ebay.

BTW this scent lasted 6 hours on me.

@TanteSimone

Thanks for the reply I was worried there. This fragrance I realise is actually quite nice and calming too. I just have to use up this bottle now.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I am a big fan of Mariah Carey and God knows I listen to her songs everyday. However, I don't know what I exactly feel about this fragrance. It is candy sweet and kind of confused. It's not as smooth and as seamlessly done like most of Carlos Benaim's work. I do not get the comparisons with Bvlgari Jasmin Noir either. I love that fragrance---it is soft, sensual, and subtle. It is perfection. M is more floral and is spikier in my opinion.

It's an okay fragrance. Maybe I am expecting too much or it's a tad too sweet for me. I just don't see myself carrying this in my purse or using it for consecutive days.

For very rare times when I want to smell like something like this, I'd go for BBW's Sensual Amber.

Note: I usually have issues with sweet fragrances. My skin tends to amplify the sweetness in stuffs with marshmallow, caramel, and brown sugar so this may work differently on you.

@ebonyeyes: The bottle I got has slightly amber colored juice but is still fine. I was able to try this fragrance when it was first launched and there's no difference in the smell, at least not on my nose anyway. Thankfully this fragrance does not become "off" easily. You can still use it.

UPDATE: Okay, I don't know what they put in this perfume but the more I use it, I realize that I am beginning to like it A LOT. It is a happy fragrance and I swear I couldn't concentrate on my work because I keep on sniffing myself.

ebonyeyes

The perfume has changed coulur, it looks yellowish. Is it still ok to use like this? I noticed a couple of reviews saying the same thing.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I purchased the 1oz. "M" Perfume last mo.. Have to say, I like this perfume. I personally wear this one as a day-time & night-time fragrance. Also, have to say "M" is more of a Winter Season fragrance for the reason, it has a warm kind of vibe going on, which is just so darn comforting during those chilly days. I receive many compliments from ma stds. when wearing this perfume. Must be the hints of marshmallows in it. On a scale of 1 to 10, have to rate "M" a 7. I like this perfume, but don't intend to repurchase it once I use it up.

4821regino
4821regino

When I first reccieved M in the mail, i sprayed it and it was so floral. I couldn't stand it.

Then I wore it to school. My thoughts "Hmm, this floral is real nice". Someone shouted that it smelt like bread. Haha. I was really falling in love.

A week after having it, it is literally a nose clinger. Every hour, I found myself smelling it from the bottle. Today I even wore it over all my other favorites.

It's not that is a really good smell, which it is, it's just that the scent is so unique that it appeals to my nose so much. It smells so divine.

The tiare flower and seawater is what you get when you first spray it. But once it's dried, it's like a patchouli flavored marshmallow. It's so amazing.

Indescribable.

Buy it. You need this in your life.

mimsko

I cannot believe no one has compared this to BVL's Jasmine Noir so far. To me they are almost identical (I have them both) and on many occasions while wearing M different people have asked me if I was wearing Jasmine Noir. Anyway, I love both these fragrances, though M may be just a hint more immature than Jasmine Noir. But still it is classy, feminine and very, very sexy. Always draws compliments :)

Sweetnsexy
Sweetnsexy

I didn't care for the smoky smell in the begining but after a couple minutes it smells like a toasted marshmallow which I love!

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

I do like the scent but when I tried to wear it, it just screamed "hey, smell my marshmallow perfume." On me, just too strong and sweet.

lara.vuckovich
lara.vuckovich

My sister has this one. I think it smells very good on her, but for me it is too powdery/sweet. The bottle is very cute though.

fragaddict
fragaddict

I often forget how much I love this. M is light but defnitley has presence. It's airy, sweet and very feminine. I now have many perfumes in my collection, but this is one of my favorites. As far as celebrity fragrances are concerned, this and many of Britney Spears' fragrances are the best. Many of the celebrity scents are merely copy cats and don't quite live up to the standards required to be quality fragrances. M is a classic and indeed the best of all her fragrances. None of her others seem to measure up. As another reviewer stated this one is soft yet strong enough to get noticed. It really does smell of marshmellows and not in a childish way. This perfume is lovely and I've had this in my collection for years now. When this is gone I will galdly repurchase because this is one I don't want to be without. Hooray for this well done celebrity scent. Classic!

Arensman
Arensman

I received this perfume as a present, at first i hated it, now I kind of like it (years past)

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I bought this blind because a few people with whom I share a lot of other likes with gave it a good review. I am not disappointed, this is not gourmand to me though, I do smell the marshmallow (ever so slightly ) but the tiare and incense over power it, making it sweet but not edible. It`s soft and warm and actually quite unique. I would even go as far as to say it feels like LouLous little sister, or at least I think people who like LouLou would like this , not a dupe , but they smell related (but more wearable and less in your face)

perfumebox
perfumebox

Very respectable and fresh take on a gourmand-floral scent, and I really don't find this generic-smelling AT all, although for some reason it does remind me of other amber-white-florals like Alien.

The sea note isn't so much salt as it is a soft ozonic freshness, and that disappears quickly. I personally find the marshmallow and fleshy tiare quite prominent, and these 2 notes stay throughout the scent's life on my skin. The patchouli and incense are very mild and well-mannered here so don't be worried if you don't like those notes in other scents; they come in soft and wispy and turn M into a plump, powdery, minty marshmallow.

Girly, but smart!

♥Love4Fragrance♥
♥Love4Fragrance♥

I adore this fragrance soo much! When you spray M; all you can smell is the gorgeous light and creamy marshmellow smell. Then after a few hours, the floral notes kicks in, that's when you can smell the pachuli in the scent. For me personally, I love this perfume so much is because unlike other sweet candy-like perfumes out there, the marshmellow in M isn't too strong yet is not too light to become unnoticed.

xoxcrista

I have always wanted to try this perfume since I was a teenager, and I bought it recently. I actually love it! The beginning is a fluffy blast of soft marshmellow, then you smell the dark incense... It has a depth to it, and the floral notes come out in the sillage like musical chimes. It is reminiscent of autumn evenings. Its a little strong in the beginning, but this perfume is characteristic. M is much akin to Chanel perfumes I have smelled in the past. Sensual is a good word for it. My fiance smelled this on me and just gasped "...Mmmmm, God that smells good." His initial reaction was just like mine! If you like sweet musks, give this a try!!

mhubbard

As many others have said, this one is very sweet although I do not detect marshmallows. Although I enjoy it a little, I find it a bit generic and a little boring.Nothing unique here. It seems to lack the symphony of interesting notes that gives perfume depth and presents itself as a simple little perfume for a very young girl. Little sillage, staying power average. I am glad I went with the 30 ml bottle and not the 100ml.

princessoftarts
princessoftarts

I was pleasantly surprised by this. This isn't something I would go out of my way to buy for myself, but it has a nice light smell on me. Quite sweet and a little smoky.

LittleBallerina
LittleBallerina

To me this had a nauseating synthetic smell. You could only recognise the note of marshmallow when really concentrating on it, and even that gives you a headache. It smells cheap and even when it warms down to your skin, the smell isn't any better. I didn't enjoy Gold Deluxe or Luscious Pink Deluxe either. All around, not the best fragrance.

Soie
Soie

Just because someone might be able to carry a tune doesn't mean they have a nose for fragrance. Yeah, and just because someone has fond memories of being at the beach as a toddler and eating cheap candy doesn't mean those two memories need to be combined.into a fragrance.

Marshmallow and sea water are a bad combo no matter how famous you are.

beatlesgirl
beatlesgirl

too sickly sweet. I love sweet perfumes like Fantasy, but this one just makes me gag. Cute bottle though.

Nikkieleedavis
Nikkieleedavis

I just don't like it

lv.hanghieu
lv.hanghieu

mình cảm thấy hương thơm này nó cũng rất thơm nhưng tại việt nam muốn mua hàng hiệu thì hơi khó phải đợi order từ nước ngoài thì rất chán ^^

Happy Spirit
Happy Spirit

This scent smells too much like candy for my tastes. It's something I would expect a little girl to wear. But I've only smelled it from the bottle and not on my skin. Next time I find a tester bottle I'll have to spray it on and see how it mixes with my body chemistry.

Right now, I much prefer her Luscious Pink scent.

sheridanellis

One day I was out sniffing different scents trying to find something new. I didn't see that this was a Mariah fragrance. I just had grabbed a tester bottle and sprayed. Good thing, because if I had known it was a fragrance with her name affiliated to it, I would have had preconceived notions about the scent which would have proved inaccurate for me! I hate the bottle...IMO it is ugly with a silly butterfly cap. I have about seven bottles of this now! (I received some as gifts!) I spray it on my sheets, after showering, and on my clothing. I adore this scent! It is the most complex perfume I personally have ever worn. I would never have thought to put these notes together. They sound weird, if not downright gross ( I mean MARSHMALLOW! C'Mon!!!) but they are luscious and sexy. The tiare flower keeps it clean and pretty. The sea water component keeps it fresh. The incense note makes it smolder and it is all wrapped up with this underlying marshmallow goodness. When I say marshmallow, don't think about the sickly sweet cereal treats we all used to know and love, but more of a browning over the fire on a stick but not quite burned gooey, boozy adult marshmallow. I will always love this, and although I can't personally smell it on myself throughout the day (I wish I could!) I receive more compliments on this perfume than any other I have ever worn (and my collection exceeds 100... :) ) Give M a try! You never know!

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

To me, this is a lovely frag of marshmallow goodness. I find it's quite different from other celebriscents I've smelled before. Super cute bottle, and I love the idea of having Tiare in it. It's a wonderful debut to Mariah Carey perfumes. Love it!

Princess

This smells so good, really I think this is a masterpiece for a celeb perfume. Yummy marsmallows mix with tiare flowers & incense!
I get compliments:)

daniellern76
daniellern76

I get so many compliments when I wear this perfume. It kills me because I would think I would get more feedback on my more expensive perfumes, but everyone seems to notice and like this! It smells great, dries down into a gentle feminine scent that people can smell from a good few feet away.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I would suggest you go down a bit and review Orchid 84's review: it conveys my exact feeling! Tiare rules in this exotic and gourmand yet elegant frag. Great for fall and Winter.

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

This perfume is one of her strongest. Its staying power is crazy and he scent I feel is better suited for winter wear.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

Received this is a swap from ichellimay <3 So kind, thanks again sweetie! i LOVE this! Its very different. Very bold, strong, not very feminine. It is indeed balmy, floral, woody, powdery, smoky. I love the combination of amber, gardenia, pachouli, incense & sweet marshmallow. This is not a delicious, yummy scent but instead very sophisticated & sensual. Two thumbs up! Very nice =)

FranFran

After wearing "M" for 2 weeks, I'd like to do a quick update on my review(I know I probably look fickle since this isn't the first time I'm doing this with a fragrance haha). Its actually not as amazing as its given credit for. Nice yes, but not astounding. To me, there's a load of insence that I smell even more than the marshmallows and gives it a bit of a sharp, dreary smell. When the insence goes away, it smells slightly soapy and watery which surprised me. The dry down is still amazing though, I've been told I smell like sweets when I was wearing it and it was by the dry down. The sillage isn't very good, its only good for about the first hour or so, even curious has better sillage than this. The longevity is still very good though! I still like this fragrance and I think it would've done much better without the insence. I'm changing the 9 to 7/10, and I'd swap it but I don't like in USA like most people here so I guess I'll just keep it. "Forever" and "mine again is better than this(M, forever and the lollipop bling collection are the only Mariah fragrances I've smelt).

FranFran

"M" is one of the best celebrity fragrances I think is on the market. It has everything a perfume should have. A sweet scent, a touch of spice and floral, and in this ones case a bit of insence can be smelt. The lasting power and sillage is good, not as amazing and extraordinary as everyone makes it out to be though. The bottle is cute, and the fragrance is good all in all, definately worth the money. I give 9/10

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

Sometimes with celebrity fragrances they seem to have a similar floral fragrance. Mariah M is different it's so girly and my nose picks up the marshmallows straight away. Pretty good staying power too. Great fragrance

act620ress
act620ress

Love this perfume! I had this and used it up and then I stole it from my mother because it was so good and ended using all hers up too. It smells like soft musky warm and creamy brown sugar mixed with amber. Definitely something to wear on a date if you want to "impress".

ScarlRed
ScarlRed

I tried Mariah Carey M two days ago and I must say that this perfume is amazing and also has a beautiful bottle. It think I need to have this one! It would be great for days in spring

fath1ma
fath1ma

I really like this M. But when I saw my husband's eyes when I wore Hypnose this afternoon(less sweet than M) there were texts in his eyes, said: oh c'mon, your new sweetie -again- babe?? Haha! :D So I'm thinking about sell one of my sweety scent to my cousins so I can buy M! LOL
The bottle... Doesn't it too cute??? I'm saying in negative tone. Sorry M ;) I only say it.
Anyway, the marshmallow dominated only for 6-9 minutes, it defeated by incense. Smokey and sweet, feel like I eat marshmallow and sit next to burning incense. I'd just know, incense can be sexy scent, seducing my own senses... Well well, let's see how long can I hold myself not to get M in full big bottle :D

Miss Glamour
Miss Glamour

I want this perfume !!! I also want luscious pink by mariah carey

orchid_84
orchid_84

M is primarily about the tiare, which is enhanced beautifully by incense and oceanic notes. What surprised me most about this fragrance was how non-gourmand I found it. While it is sweet, I would not personally have guessed that marshmallow was a note. When I think of a strong marshmallow note, I think of something like that in Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight. Here it is nowhere near that intensively sweet or foody. The sweetness in M comes across as an ambery-floral sweetness, rather than anything candy-like. The salty marine note is quite strong on me, indeed it is one of the dominant notes. I get only the smallest pinch of patchouli. The salt and incense combination does give off a mild sharpness, but it comes across as pleasant rather than artificial. The staying power and sillage are both very good.

Although there is no coconut, nor any exotic fruits going on here, M has a slightly tropical feel courtesy of the buttery white flowers. I get sweet and creamy tiare, surrounded by a soft cloud of ambery incense and the salt spray off of a moonlit tropical beach.

M goes well beyond the usual celebrity fragrance formula. Neither the ad campaign nor the bottle really do this fragrance justice. The marketing suggests something playful, whimsical, and geared towards a very young demographic. On the contrary, I find M quite sophisticated and unique.

stereomari

Ok. I take back what I said on my first review. I think my nose is changing by sniffing so many different fragrances. And I've first tested it on summer, and now we have cold weather here. Anyway, now I'm in love and I want to lick my hand really bad! This is amazing, intoxicating and delicious. It does have a skin quality, I think it's because of the sea water note. And that's exactly what makes this fragrance smells really sexy. It's a shame that my boyfriend didn't like it so much, but I think it's because he's not into seafood. Kinding.

I'm afraid I can't recognize the Tiare or the amber. The patchoulli is very soft too. On my skin, all I can smell is the strong incense mixed with marshmallow, but the incense quickly fades and gives place to the sea water note. That's great, because the incense was putting me off - Ok, now I'm reading that the incense is supposed to appear on the drydown and the marshmallow on the first notes. So maybe I got confused about this two notes. If so, I sure prefere the sweetness of the incense to the sweetness of the marshmallow. I guess I'll have to wait until the drydown, so I can see if it changes on me and I can feel the amber and the Tiare.

The sillage must be great too, because I've sprayed just once on my hand and both my mom and my brother said my entire room smells of perfume. Let's wait for the drydown so I can come back here and update my review. So far, loving it!

I'm back!
I agree with people that said that the drydown is very oriental. It´s still lovely though, very gentle. It´s a bit powdery and sweet on me. Maybe because of the amber and the incense (but I found it milky too and I thought I could still smell the marshmallow). And I still get the sexy saltiness of the perfume. It´s a pitty I don´t get the flowers and the patchouli. Maybe it´s becauseI'm still learning. And I don't know how Tiare flower smells like.

Anyway,I love it. I only wish I could get the patchouli.

Oh, and I'm an amateur perfume sniffer!

samx_4
samx_4

Something about M that keeps me possessed. I feel like this is 'my body fragrance but better'. I dont find this perfume strong like others. Infact, i found it light, gentle and close to my skin. This perfume smells amazing on me and the weird thing is it smells even better after i take a shower!! Its a complicated perfume to explain. It performs magic on my body and this is the first time ever a perfume did this to me. Everytime the dry down smells different but amazing. I feel like this perfume was especially made for me. Thats right! This perfume makes me feel SPECIAL :)

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I was psyched to try this one out, especially since it was given good review. Like a few who have reviewed this, I have to agree that is smells nice out of the bottle but when sprayed on myself and clothes it smells heavily floral. I asked others and they can smell Gardenia and incense; no mouth watering marshmallow, soothing patchouli, or sultry amber. Did I get an old one or something? Totally disappointed as I love sweets and patchouli. :(

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

If you first just sniffed the bottle, you might think, wow, campfire! But don't let that fool you. One spray on the skin and you are transported! It's soooo sexy and bold but yet it's got all the gourmand qualities I look for. Lately I have been into more warm, deep, sultry, spicy scents, but yet I am a hardcore gourmand lover and of course I can't ignore my sweet tooth. This frag hits all the marks. For a celebrity scent, it's amazing. I don't even like Mariah (okay, I love her music, but not her). But you can't deny this masterpiece. It does not smell cheap. It's smoldering, seductive, and sexy, yet dries down to a sweet and yummy patchouli/incense that makes you beg for more. This was a blind buy for me but since I was so impressed with Luscious Pink, I decided to go with this one. WOW. I am amazed! I do not really get the salty notes, but whatever is in there just works. Sillage is decent to very strong (depending on how much you apply) and staying power is about 6 hours. 1.7 oz for $19 at Ross... I think I hit the jackpot!

Ouch!

Whoosh! This perfume opens with a massive strong blast of tiare flower, marshmallow and incense. I used to own a perfume by a British celebrity who's main note was tiare and they smell very similar! This perfume smacks you in the face first off and could probably turn alot of people off. Huge sweet floral incense in one hit makes for a very weird opening (not like most celeb frags so I'm impressed)

It does eventually calm down for a while and each note mellows to become less in-your-face. Still slightly overpowering... I've literally sprayed twice on my wrist and this stuff is wafting all around me.

The dry down sees the incense push forward and take over... This is where the "oriental" personality shows itself, such a smooth transition from that initial blast of marshmallow and crazy floral.... This perfume does its job in the way of transition between stages which is exactly what I look for! The Drydown is VERY oriental... It's actually quite gorgeous.

The marshmallow never really let's go and always gives this perume a sweet undertone but it totally takes you on an olfactory journey.. Mariah?
Impressed. You were my favourite singer in my teens before celebrity perfumes burst onto the market. For your first? You did a good job.

(I'm not even gonna think about the gazillion other flankers of this line) I think I'll just enjoy this for what it is... An unusual... Strong... Brilliant representation of what the tiare flower should smell like)

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Im so impressed by this one ! A uniqe and original scent . The bottle is cute and the price is right . Well done Mariah .

tvu
tvu

This perfume is perfectly best use in colder climate. I just fall in love with it again during autumn & winter months, but will legally divorce it during summer...lol..as it can be quite too strong to behold.
I could detect sweet candy for the first twenty second, then it slowly descend into a more mature warmth/sweet/amber fragrance. What i like most is its long lasting power, up to 6-8hours on my skin, and all day on my clothes.

elise.bayer
elise.bayer

I love this perfume so much!! My only problem with it is that, as another reviewer noted, it can be somewhat difficult for others to smell it unless they are really close to you. When I wear it, I constantly want to smell my skin. I also have the lotion and the shimmer brush. It's my favorite scent and it's made by my favorite singer! = )

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

The bottle is lovely and very girlie, I love the amethyst jewel tone of purple. Even though, I love the whimsical bottle, I don't love the fragrance held within.

M to me does smell faintly of marshmellows, violets, (and what smells to me like citronella) and cinnamon. It is sweet, but not overtly so.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure many will love

cinsot
cinsot

I first encountered the enticing aroma of M on a mature work colleague who had received a gift-pack for Mother's Day from her grandchildren. I thought she was wearing a Givenchy as I recognised similarities with the sweet muskiness of Le Bouquet Absolu on my skin.

Not so! Her attractive aroma inspired me to buy my own bottle of M and I am in pink marshmallow heaven!

Mariah Carey's first release is cheerfully likable. Fleeting and lighthearted on my skin. Not a clone of Givenchy's LBA on me but a pretty and endearing mix of confectionery and flowers.

A merry skin scent to be enjoyed donned in tracky-dacks and Uggs on a lazy Saturday in Autumn. Like today!

sharyssa

I gave my 1.7 oz to my daughter and I kept the 3.3 oz but it fell on the spray nozzle and it broke these bottles are cheap and i won't repurchase it turns dark anyway all i have now is luscious pink and the mariah carey gold version in which i think smells better than regular m anyway oh and my rollerball of m but as for a repurchase probably not.

*Review for the Pure Parfum Extract*

I bought a 5ml pure parfum of M by Mariah Carey today at Walmart

5ml / .16 FL OZ = was $83.00 / now $10

15ml/ .5 FL OZ = was $250.00 / now $40

The version of M was EXPENSIVE when first released, but since there was so many left over they lowered the price by a lot.

Now this smells like another scent all together. This one is creamy, toned down, more exotic, & smells expensive.

The marshmallows & Sea Breeze Accord are subtle, the heart of this fragrace is what you first smell. The Gardenia in the parfum is creamier & delicate. The patchouli is there but is also toned down.

The notes that stick out the most is Gardenia, Tiáre Flower, Amber, & Morocco Incense

The EDP was a warm marshmallow scent
The Parfum Extract is a creamy woodsy gardenia scent

Until Forever

How to explain the elegance of M by Mariah Carey.

Take Michael Kors for Women, dip it in vanilla marshmallows & salty mineral accords.

M is the most complex & Defined out of the Mariah Carey fragrance collection. M to my nose has the best quality oils in its formulation, Forever is second.

M is deep & rich do to the sophisticated heart of Gardenia & Tiáre Petals. Patchouli & Morocco Incense adds a spicy & mature tone keeping it from being a borderline candy shop, while marshmallows & sheer amber (has sweet tones that are reminiscent to vanilla) add a warmth that is comforting & of a pure endulgence.

The lasting power is great 4 to 8 hours for the EDP

M is an year round fragrance due to its mellow nostalgic tones, perfect for daytime & summer nights

The pure parfum is warmer & more woodsy with mellows undertones of Gardenia & Tiáre Florals. The marshmallow in this version is really far in the background

If you are looking for the pure parfum version. Fragrancenet (.) com has it the 15ml Dauber bottle that Mariah uses for $40. Walmart, target & Kmart have the 5ml miniature M by Mariah Carey which is the pure parfum version for $10 (smart investment) for the pure form of M which will last a while.

QueenRose
QueenRose

"M" by Mariah Carey reminded me of Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights, only Fancy Nights seemed better, as Fancy Nights has a more natural powdery smell, and is longer lasting with more projection.
M smelled somewhat artificial. I liked M, but it wasn't a "wow" for me. I smelled the marshmallows, but couldn't pick out the sea- scent accords. I thought the opening was very artificial smelling. I couldn't smell the gardenia or the tiarre flower, although I picked up the Moroccan incense- which I loved. On a positive note, I loved the Moroccan incense touch to it.. It definitely added that smokiness to it.
I was also disappointed that M wasn't long-lasting. It only lasted a few hours on me, after only a few sprays . It's also very subtle, too, and has no projecting power, unlike Fancy Nights.
So, if you like that powdery, incense, and smoky fragrances, I would say try M and Fancy Nights, however, I bet that you would like Fancy Nights better if you're into those kinds of scents. Fancy Nights is definitely more spicey than M.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

I had this one, it was my 2nd blind buy in my collection, I have to be in the mood for this, this scent really wasn't my favorite. I like it sometimes though, cute bottle and I do love Mariah Carey. but sorry, M just didnt do it for me

*update* I take it back..I like this scent alot now for being so different
Im wearing this as a write my reveiw and Im looking at the notes. I guess after exploring scent after scent im expanding my horizans and im begginning to like things that are totally unique and different.

the top notes, marshmallow and sea water so sound like a weird combination, but dont be fooled! this surprisingly smells lovely, such a soothing way to welcome the person wearing this. imagine going on a trip to the beach in the evening with your friends at some kinda resort, all of you are gathered around a warm soothing campfire roasting marshmallows enjoying eachothers company..sweet and salty,...lovely

the dry down, Gardenia and Tiarre.after roasting marshmallows, you decide to take walk in the gardens wear there are Gardina and Tiarre flowers all over,,sweet and floral

the last part, after your walk through the garden, the sun is down and its time to head back home, when you get home, you still have your memories of the gardenia and tiarre while you remember the beach and marshmallow roasting, you decide to burn some incense that and relax. the sweetness and smokiness is what you smell as you remember your evening..

yeah, this frag is quite different if your willing to try something out of the ordinary for your typical celeb scent, not bad for a cheapie either

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is what I would call is a sheer oriental. For the life of me, I don’t know where people smelling marshmellows and why are they saying its sweet because if that was the case I would have been all over it. I get incense, patchouli and hint of sea notes. The end. It’s a nice scent but I really wish it was sweeter because it’s not sweet at all. It reminded me of Jasmine Noir by Bvlgari(or Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden). These three fragrances are very similar except Jasmine Noir is a bit smokier, and Provocative Woman is a bit fresher and more sheer. My bottle cost me less than $16 so it can be found very cheaply and if you like Jasmine Noir and can’t spend the money, either one of these is great alternative

Scent, Inc
Scent, Inc

This one is kind of an odd one to me. It has almost a warm "coziness" about it but then I realized the marshmallow smell is the reason why, it makes it smell "fluffy" Its like a fluffy floral!! I like it as a tester but its a tad heavy smelling on me but I am glad I gave this a chance though, I like it but it smells a tad mature (borderline old lady) on me and probably couldn't wear this on a hot day,its a tad heavy and that fluffy floral would down right kill me!

I feel like if you like Chanel No. 5 or similar, then you will like the heaviness of this fragrance

G00D_Girl

I really underestimated this fragrance. I liked it, but the packaging (supper tacky BTW) and the fact that its a celebrity fragrance gave me pause.

After a few months of not wearing it I came back to it and realized how much I love this... its not complicated, fussy, or pretentious. It just smells great.

I think next fall I will try layering this with Spiced Green Tea Elizabeth Arden & Omnia by Bvgari.

I only have a roller ball... must get large bottle :)

CUPCAKEDOLL

One of the most wonderful scents you´ll ever try.

I get A LOT of compliments with this one. It´s so feminine, but not inmature at all. It has a romantic, exotic, rich style. It will be take you to far, foreign places, near the ocean and the tropical flowers. I would never confuse this with another one.

The incense note is intense, as the marshmallow, Tiare Flower and the sea water. These are the four notes wich would be easily recogniceable.

Try it once. Probably you´ll love it.

mlpalazzo

I actually really like this one, and always get lots of compliments. I do detect a marshmallow note as well as a bit of a salty note, but the incense gives M an interesting smoky scent. The first spay is very heavy and syrupy, but the dry down gives off a nice warmth. I stop detecting it after about 2 hours, but others kept telling me how good I smelt.

Out of all my perfumes, (and I have lot of them!), this is the only one that my boyfriend ALWAYS compliments me on.

2/29/12

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I like it...the smell is unique with the combination of sweet, spicy & salty. First very sweet & then in the dry down, it's a soft, powdery, smoky incense luscious smell. I agree with JazzBirdSinger, it does smell a little like Womanity (Mugler).

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Nothing special. If you like this you'll no doubt like Avon Eternal Magic, which to me smells similar. I don't like either but Mariah's bottle is pretty . . .

G00D_Girl

This opens with vanilla/caramel and a fresh salty note that blends with the patchouli. The patchouli has a hint of black licorice.

There is a very slight flora note.

The sent over all has a creamy chi tea aroma.

Nice sent... I use it for casual occasions

willsmom
willsmom

I like ths scent. But wonder why on 3 different occasions, 3 different people stated they could smell a Christmas tree when I was nearby? And so it stays on the shelf until December.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this smells really grown up! for 30+ year olds
lots of incense, turkish delight, patchouli and amber.
a big vintage lipstick note to this.
where the hell is the marshmallow note you guys are getting? lol
i absolutely get the same sweet savory salt sweetness to mariah like
muglers womanity.

caliking
caliking

voluptuous and smokey sweet, this is something you wear

on the THIRD date out with someone(if you get my drift)

if you could ferment jasmin and vanilla marshmallows and then take the liquid from that and put it on the stove and burn it just a tiny bit then thats what M smells like

Beautiful (in a Jessica Rabbit kinda way)

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have this and mine turned a dark orange colour all I can smell now is the insence nothing else. When I first got it I could smell the salt and the marshmellow and the patchouli I think it can smell sour and like body odour on the wrong skin chemistry. It lasts and lasts but I need a new one because I don't like the smell when it has turned orange.

Raina
Raina

I smelled it in passing one day at a drugstore and it was delicious; marshmallows all the way with a background of incense and that extra something that the ocean and patchouli add to this.

Fast forward a couple years later and I bought a gift set on a whim, thinking about that gorgeous marshmallow note. Imagine my suprise when I spray my bottle and there's absolutly no marshmallow. None whatsoever. Not even in the body lotion.

All I smell is a nice patchouli (which says a lot, as I despise patchouli) with some florals and something vaguely fruity to sweeten and slightly tart it up, backed by an ocean note. It's nice, but I want the marshmallow that I smelled in store. Perhaps it is in the EDT version (the bottle pictured here, the EDP and parfum are both solid purple) as I own both the Parfum and EDP and neither one has marshmallow. The parfum has a nicer pronounced tart fruitniness then the EDP, and out of the two I prefer the Parfum version.

Regardless, I still think this is one of the better done celebrity fragrances out there. Its not a syrupy tweenage bomb and the ocean and incense give it more depth. The flowers and the tart fruits are there to sweeten up the patchouli but they serve as an accent, never dominating. Well done.

mlpalazzo

Love the scent, but mine also changed colors to a dark brown. I traveled with it, and I think the temperature changes messed with it. Bummer.

Christian14596
Christian14596

This may sound so strange to people.. but i get a sense of drinking hot chocolate when i smell this fragrance.. Probably because of the marshmellows. but there was something smoky and almost haunting about this fragrance .. which now i see probably comes from the incense. Yes it is sweet and sometimes almost sickly sweet... but i do think its a bit different from the rest of the celebrity offerings as not only does it smell yummy and delicious but there's something spicy and mysterious about this fragrance.

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

Mmmm . . . powdery heaven. The top notes smells yummy and flowery, and then it dries down to a powdery, woodsy, sensuous smell.

sochamocha
sochamocha

I love love love this perfume, It's a bit strong at first, but when it settles in all I do is smell my wrist and neck all day LOL I love the smell of the marshmallow/vanilla-ish my brother thinks it smells like BO I do not, he uses AXE and Old spice spray, but whatever, but the smell stays on for a long time.

lizzie81
lizzie81

This is an unusual fragrance, it's very sensual, close to the skin and strong! I love this for winter it's too much for humid summer days, but for winter has a lovely comforting effect. It's quite sweet at first but the patchouli and musk soon develops all the while with a slight salty sea water edge. Excellent lasting power on me, I don't need to lug the bottle around ...good job to as i've the 100ml and the glass is very thick and heavy! All in all an unusual, well composed, quality insencey, patchouli fragrance with a sea water twist and a kick of marshmallow sweetness at the beginning! Excellent job from the house of Mariah!

Oh no my bottle broke i'm so sad :( was the only perfume i ever got complimented on !!

ebonyeyes

Good God where do I start with this one. Ok the top note is absolutely not the best infact it smells old fashioned at ist but then the drydown is along the lines of fantasy,pink sugar sensual and 5th avenue nights i.e creamy sexy chocolate goodness. I am still not sure with this fragrance so I will keep testing it to see if i like it.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

My honest reaction to reading the top notes?: What the hell? Sea water and marshmallows? I bought this one mainly out of curiosity. Found an inexpensive tiny bottle. Well, long story short, my nose also said "What the hell?" and it got returned. Quite a while later, months in fact, I was on one of my fragrance acquiring rampages, and I thought "Why not? I will give this another try". I don't know why that seemed like a good idea at the time since I despised it so much the first time. Second try, YUM! Salty, spunky, sweet creamy tasty good stuff......with incense too! :} I have no explanation for the flip-flop of opinion, but I'm happy it went the way it did. And although I did like it this time, it seemed at first to not have any strength at all. I would spray 7 or 8 times and still, in a matter of minutes, nothing. I think the problem was that, since I had bought (and smelled) so many other fragrances at the time I purchased this one (again), I had just worn out my nose. And I probably had another tester of something else on at the time too. So I gave my nose a break, made sure I was freshly showered with nothing scented, and sprayed a moderate amount of M on. In a few minutes I was overtaken (in a good way) by this luscious aroma. I wore this to Thanksgiving dinner and I thought my grandmother must have some great new dessert hidden somewhere......nope, it was this hidden treasure of a perfume.

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

Not sure what it is about this scent that turns me off. It just doesn't register as sexy, soft, sweet or anything it makes me uncomfortable. I had to wash it off.

stereomari

At the first spray, I said "Yuk! Sooo strong incense and patchoulli". But a lot of people wrote about the marshmallow scent and I decided to try again and wait a while before scrubing it out. Turns out it's a nice sweet and well balanced scent. I can't say that I love this because I'm too into gourmands, and the smokiness of M makes it more oriental. To my nose, the ocean water note give it a nice citrus side. I won't buy it because gives me instant headache, but I thin it's a nice scent to go out at night and perfect for winter. If you like orientals, this is a nice catch, but I'm afraid it's too strong for me.

theoffbeatkid
theoffbeatkid

At first I absolutely hated it, I was sure I made mistake, it reeks of alcohol and tropical floral at first spray but you must WAIT patience is truly a virtue when it comes to this perfume. This perfume matures so beautifully into a powdery, soft sweet marshmallow with a background of tiare flower. I love it. Last long too. 20 dollars at walgreens is totally worth it.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I really like this, it reminds me of Givenchy's 'play intense' mixed with 'Jean Paul Gaultie's 'Ma Dame'....it has the violet/purple soft patchouli and smoke of 'play intense' and the soft peppery powder of 'Ma dame' lovely really, only problem it's a bit weaker and doesn't last nearly as long. But definently kudos to Mariah for having what may be the best celeb frag out there :)

The bottle though is for 12 year olds, not feeling it one bit, lol, but thats fine, the juice surely makes up for it

reporting back: After wearing a bit more, I just wanted to expresss how wonderful this perfume is, the lasting power is decent about 5 hours (which is great for me) and I think I love it even more, the incence smokiness is amazing and mixed in with the marshmellow, patchouli and just a touch of floral it's 2 die 4 yummy, in a kind grown up way, i really like this stuff, I may just stock up, just in case, it goes poof, lol

relaxing yet exciting... the powderiness is sublime,

sexysniffa
sexysniffa

I ADORE this scent! It is SWEET, SEXY, FEMININE, and has a REGAL quality to it....M feels a bit SMOKY to me too (guess that is the incense!)

I received this as a gift from a dear friend when it first came out back in 2007 and I have been using it regularly every since. I am on my second bottle (which I purchased myself and it is worth every penny!) YAY!

I own a lot of sweet perfumes but M is a special and unique kind of sweet with an edge! This fragrance has a lot of gorgeous notes that work really well together. I love the mix of salty/sweet (toasted marshmallow and sea water accord)...this combination is sublime because it's sweetness remixed with a little freshness - the balance of this is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS on my skin.

I love how the tiare flower and gardenia ground the perfume followed my the amber, patchouli, and Moroccan incense! LOVELY...I just feel that this perfume has erotic and different types of notes that puts M in a SWEET SMOKY FLORIENTAL category all in its own!

I always receive compliments from men and women when I wear this. I wear this year round - day or night depending on my mood. It works for the office and it works for a night out on the town!

This scent last a good 7 hours on me! WILL ALWAYS LOVE M!!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

To be honest I usually buy perfumes just because I like the bottle and this was one of these purchases :)
The gardenia flowers are very strong smelling at first but after a couple of minutes you start to smell a lovely warm marshmallow smell. The only downfall to this fragrance is that it doesn't last very long. I highly recommend this perfume to any female, it really is a gorgeous and classy scent.

UPDATE: I have to say, the longer I've worn this perfume, the more I love it! I can't believe they stopped selling this scent in shops where I live. It's soooo beautiful. You won't regret buying this perfume!

Shannypants18
Shannypants18

Not a WOW scent but definitely a beautiful perfume that's subtle and pretty alot of boys commented that they liked it when I wore it the only thing I dislike is it's staying power doesn't last long it's definatley the kinda perfume you could wear daily pretty and not as expensive.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

It seems this one gets a few bad reviews. As for me, I LOVE this perfume. The first spary is sweet, not too sweet for me because thats what I tend to like. The dry down on my skin is warm and delicious. In a way, it reminds of of a spice mix my grandmother used to bake cookies, that's the best way I can explain it. It tends to last about 6 hours. Next to Jessica Simpson, this would be my next favorite celebrity scent. Most celebs tend to have the same cheap smell, with no longevity. Can't say that about this one. It is unique and warm.

slowdownbaby
slowdownbaby

This scent is very unique to me. When I first smelled it it made me remind of Barbies! For me it's a really fresh scent that it's most suitable for the night because it's so mysterious as well.The only bad thing about it is the lasting power. An hour and it's gone.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An incredibly sexy fragrance which projects and lasts, is delcicious in the drydown, complex and very affordable...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 5 mins. Sexy, alluring, I am in a spell with knuckles scraping the deck. Very thick scent, like sexy syrup which brings me towards it. As a man, this is as sexy as it gets. Ages 25-35

5 mins- 5 hours- Projection very good, 2 foot around. Sometimes projection intermittent. Sexy indeed and keep smelling my wrist. Lovely scent, very gourmand and complex and very feminine. Ages 25-35

5 hours 7 hours - Insense kicks in but a very subtle type of insense which adds to the experience and very nice

7 hours - 24 hours - slowly turns from above to a mesmerising drydown which smells completely different to anything that has gone before and is also stunning and mysterious.

So affordable also, this is brilliant. Who cares about what age is has been made for?, wear this, it will have your man on his knees, and under your spell!!!

Quality

darknessiseek
darknessiseek

I had bought this a while back always wanted a bottle, then when i got it, it was not up to much like I thought it would be, I met Mariah Carey and was by her for over 3 hours, and this was not the smell she had on her, and I quite yet found the perfume she uses, but none of her perfumes has yet smelt like her own perfume she wears, this is too sweet for my taste I am a fan of MC's but I really disliked this perfume, it was just to sweet like cotton candy smell.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

The scent is overbearing. It reminds me of baby powder and musk. It's too in-your-face for my taste. The bottle design is alright. Overall, just mediocre. 3/10

pickledprose
pickledprose

I got this some time ago and really liked it for a while. Unfortunately I got it out today and it has turned brown. There is nothing left of the original scent other than the incense. It just smells like burnt incense concentrate and musk. AWFUL. Its a shame because I loved it when it was new but I think it is really lacking in quality. I know how to store my perfumes and this is the first one I've ever had turn on me.

Also I really feel like she missed an opportunity to have an amazing bottle design and name when she included the moroccan incense as a note. Instead she chose a purple bottle with a butterfly on top and named it M. Blah.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

(SECRET) i use to use this as a starch for my clothes, the scent would infuse with my clothes as if it was woven between every stitch. the scent would be moderate in strength, on clothes so it lasts all day. everybody said it smelled warm & soft. if you have M, spray it over your clothes as you iron them you won't regret it. non-stop compliments, head turns, & smiles. im a guy and never got a stare or remark for wearing this, plus most of the compliments came from girls & grown women saying i smell good.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

I used to love this once upon a time, but that is ancient history. I hate it now, cant stand it. I used to love this and fantasy by britney but M, and fantasy just give me a headache. Especially fantasy, it is an okay scent, smells more grown up than fantasy. Smells like cotton candy, out of fantasy, ''M'' and jessica's fancy I would go with fancy because it is sweet but doesnt give me a headache like this one does. Sorry mariah, LOVE the lucious pink tho!

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got this as a complimentary sample from someone selling me their Nina Ricci Nina fragrance. I expected it to smell like one of those rich old lady perfumes and got quite a surprise! First putting it on, it was all harsh chemicals and alcohol- my sister remarked that it smells like a hospital...

After a couple of hours, you get the heavenly smelling drydown- all creamy marshmallows layered with incense.

I'm very puzzled about the frequent comments about how people can't smell the incense, because I think it's very prominent! Being someone from a religion where incense is frequently used, I can't say I hate the smell of incense, but I'm not really a fan of smelling like I just went to the temple!

Nonetheless, the marshmallows are just too lovely to forgo. I will be getting a 30mL bottle of this!

Update: I was trying to remember what the marshmallow note reminds me of... the small cupcake dolls from the 90s, with the big hats and skirts you can fold up to make a cupcake! Yummm! :)

jennibean
jennibean

This is one of those waaaay too sweet scents that I try to stay away from. But if you like Britney's Fantasy, Pink Sugar...that sort of sickly sweet scents, this one's for you.

mil1991

this is one of my all time favourite scent..is different from other fragrances that i`ve been smell..its marshmallow notes really stand out and personally i dont like incense smell but in this i dont really get the scent from incense..maybe it a little bit salty because of the sea water notes but it just help the fragrance for being overly sweet..its such a sophicated sweet fragrance..and it lasted for a long time..almost like 4 days when i spray it on my sweater i can stil smell it like after 4 days..and it turns to be creamy marshmallow kind of scent..love it till death..

napiergirl
napiergirl

Was keen to try this but on my skin it was just too much going on and a confusing mess . Smelt cheap and nasty. Other scents she has put out are lovely but this i would suggest you try before you buy .

cherrykisses
cherrykisses

This is Yummy!!! I love how it smells the next day... Has anyone noticed that? The lasting power is excellent! The bottle is nice but the (lid/cap/top) butterfly is ... ugly. I like butterflies but just not that one.

Pari88
Pari88

It smells wrong....I can not describe the notes for the life of me but it smells...sweaty..at first spray its agreeable, but as soon as the mist goes away your stuck with that lingering sweaty smell...maybe its just me but thats how i felt smelling this one.

nonnie44
nonnie44

I absolutely love this perfume, I am not a big fan of celebrity fragrances myself. I do like some of Gwen Stefani's love a lot also. But this is a really nice sweet but not too sweet floral. It is gorgeous smelling and I love the bottle. It reminds of a scent Coty used to make in the ninties called Nokomis. I would tell anyone to go out and by M by Mariah Carey.

beachgrl
beachgrl

my mom (mid 60s) likes it more than I do (mid 30s). very strong, and it gave me a headache after about 20 minutes. i do like it, maybe its the floral undertone thats too much. i havent really been happy with any of MC's scents.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I was very pleasantly surprised by this perfume. Honestly, before I tried it, I didn't have huge expectations of liking it.

However, I really do like it, and this is a perfume I will save to wear in the cold weather, as it's sweetness will lend itself very well to those cool winter nights.

I love the initial sweetness of the fragrance. It's very sugary, but I like scents like that.

The drydown is nicely balanced, and I like the combination of incense and patchouli, as I feel that each ensures that that the other isn't too overwhelming.

The scent lasted and lasted...I could even still smell it on my wrist first thing the next morning! Also, the bottle is very pretty too.

I will definitely be trying more of Mariah's perfumes in the future.

cocobella
cocobella

i like this one. it smells interesting. i think it is somehow sweet without beeing candy. the longer it is on my skin, the more i like it. i would have never expected such a good fragrance from mariah carey. i am curious to sniff her other fragrances.

Marimer
Marimer

It was love and hate at first sniff: sweet marshmallows and tuberose yumm, but great headache,tried it again and still loving it, the drydown on me is incense, sweet marshmallows and lots of white flowers,and no more headache! Amazing staying power of about 6 hrs on my perfume eater skin, so it`s definitely a keeper.

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

to me, it is just ok.. don't get me wrong it is definitely not bad, but after reading all the good reviews i expected a little more. i agree it is more mature than i imagined, but i expected it to be a little more special. maybe when i am wearing it a little more i will also fall in love with it like many other reviewers, but we will see!

Hypnoticx
Hypnoticx

This is a real mature fragrance. At first I didn't expect it to be mature since it's from Mariah Carey and she's all girly and stuff. I expected strawberries, apple, frangipani, sugarcanes in it :P

But no I was wrong. When I spray it on it smells so clean to me and I smelled roses for a second, but no roses in the notes (how weird is that?).

The flowers, patchouli and incense rule for the first 2 hours! After that the vanilla smell comes up and there are the marshmellows :) I wanna eat my wrists :P

Yes, more mature than I've thought it would be. Such a wonderful fragrance!

tenderhearted

I have reviewed this lovely before,but I must do it again. I am in love with this scent.

Now,I don't have the real M perfume. I have a cruelty free imitation, or "knock off" of it.

This perfume is so unique,and creamy. When I first apply it,I smell a deep warmth of tropical tiare flowers. I smell this part for about an hour before the soft patchouli appears to me. Then slowly the scents trickle from my skin to my nose...Sweet, warm marshmallows,softly green earth makes a beautifully unusual scent.I only faintly smell the incense,but I adore it.

This is magic.

Creamy,slightly powdery,soft fire and nostalgia of sweet, puffy marshmallows on a summer's evening .

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I am wearing this today and I really like it! I find that it smells the same in the bottle as it does on me. I am really smelling a vanilla scent right now and that is probably the mashmallow notes. My mom came upstairs after I had put this on and she said it smelled wonderful and she could smell sandlewood and cedar (probably the incence) I can also smell the patchouli. I find when I wear this fragrance 2 sprays (one on my wrists and one one my neck) lasts me all day. I would lean toward saying this is an evening/fall/winter fragrance but there are some notes to it that make it alright to wear it at anytime. The bottle is really cute too with the little butterfly on top and the silver rimmed lid. This isn't an absolute love but it is one do like.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Wow!
This is my very first celebrity fragrance and it is already hitting my personal scents chart.
As first I must thank a lovely friend of mine who got me this perfume for my birthday this week, knewing I was in love with it: she told me she is going to buy a bottle for herself too :)
One more big "thanks" goes to this site and to all the enthusiastic reviews and posts about M that truly made me want to discover this beautiful fragrance.

That said, M by Mariah Carey to me is as first the epytome of intelligent gourmand-oriented fragrances: the ones you can easily appreciate and enjoy even if you're not a lover of gourmand scents. Why? Because its undeniable sweetness is perfectly balanced with intriguing floral notes that just complete the scent and take it to a more adult level, giving it a sensual allure that is miles away from the stickiness of some mainstream gourmand's.
In this case a warmed - not properly burnt in my opinion - marshmallows note is detectable in each step of M's development: the initial marine breeze melts surprisingly well with the buttery sweetness of marshmallows, slowly surrounded by the gardenia and tiare exoticness. Since the first time I tried M on my skin I could detect a slight similarity to Lancome's Hypnose vibe, though Mariah Carey's signature is definitely creamier and less mysterious than Hypnose.
After a couple of hours a slight incense and amber accord comes out and empower the scent's longevity (about 6-7 hours on my skin): this is a fragrance that gets sweeter and softer on my skin through the hours, but I wouldn't have expected that reading the notes.

I can't help myself from sniffing my wrists when I'm wearing M.. it is really delightful, warm, joyful, delicate and romantic, surrounding me for many hours despite of the hot weather of these days.
Mariah says its first fragrance was meant to recall some scented memories connected to her childhood and travels, and I think her perfumers have done that in an efficacious and really interesting way. Bravo!
Plus, M is almost unknown here so I'm even happier to wear it and make the people around me wonder which fragrance it is.
Oh, the vanity... :)

SandraV

Ok-this is my second review.I was going to swap this but decided to try it on one last time....and I love it!I don't know what happened but this time I can really appreciate the subtle beauty of this perfume.I had tried it several times before deciding to swap it-I think part of me expected it to be a lot sweeter and forgot there was incense in it.What an odd experience.The only complaint I have is that it is so light on me I have to shove my nose against my wrist to smell it yet it lingers throughout the night when I spray it on before bed...it smells really nice layered on top of lavender vanilla lotion.I'm still baffled how I went from hating this to loving it....

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I feel a bit conflicted about Mariah Carey's M!

The first time I used it I wasn't sure about it in the beginning because something seemed a little off kilter about it. I think it was the incense and patchouli that I really wasn't keen on. As the hours passed though the sweetness started to come through and it smelled much nicer to my nose. It was quite caramel'ish by that point and smelling pretty good, plus it lasted for ages on my skin.

Today I used this perfume for the second time and, again, I wasn't loving it at first. The patchouli and incense still bother me bit at first and even after a few hours it doesn't smell as good to me now as it had the first time I used it once it had settled down a bit on my skin.

So, at the moment I'm in two minds about this one - do I like or or feel indifferent to it? Hmmm, not sure yet!

glama
glama

Pretty bottle- cheapo smelling perfume, this was the only bottle of perfume that I have ever thrown away - I couldnt give it away. It was powdery & overtly sweet. No one I knew would take it.It also made me itch wherever I put it on my skin. Thank god it was a gift so at least I didnt waste my money on it.

Whit
Whit

Smells like toasted marshmallow on me. I love it and get tons, I mean TONS, of compliments when I wear it. I've had female patients tell me that when they get out of the hospital, they're buying a bottle. Or, I had one lady tell her hubby to go the mall and buy her a bottle so she could smell good while she was at the hospital; he did and she smelled wonderful for the rest of her stay. She thanked me for smelling so good and turning her on to a new perfume. Lol I'm always afraid I'm gonna hurt their noses, b/c some people are sensitive, but this seems to be an all around winner with both men and women. I was just glad I could make someone's day and who knew, with perfume!

mystica
mystica

I like this perfume. It smells like biscuits, not in a sweet or girly way but in a comforting, soothing, creamy way.

Fragaria

Third review for this perfume alone and it seems to be ever changing! It's summer and I'm loving this perfume. I can detect a little incense once in awhile and a couple times the marshmallow...I think. The marshmallow might be what makes me want to wear this to the carnival. All the sweet scents and magic of the lights at night, lemonade icey drinks, cotton candy, stuffed animals and caramel apples. This is a carney scent in the movies. There's no darkness from the real carnivals. It's magical, with bright colors of face paint on clowns and tents. The joy of a carosel ride!

SandraV

The notes sounded interesting so I bought a mini bottle....and I am glad that I didn't get a full sized one.Something in this just doesn't sit right with me.The marshmallow is ok but that is really all I get until the drydown when it just smells odd.I'm not sure why as all it's notes usually work on me:I don't get any of them-just marshmallow weirdness.Oh well....

MsRachael
MsRachael

I don't detest it, but there certainly isn't much to it. Marshmallows are nice - crushed between crackers and chocolate. I find that the florals seep away after the first hour, leaving behind a very simplistic, thin sort of sickly sweet scent. Not for me.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I bought this when it first came out. It's a nice scent, I would consider this a nice warm sensual scent but can be over powering if apply too much. I also have to wear this one in the cooler months. I once applied this on a 90 degree humid day in the summer, and boy did I regret it! I know some think the bottle is tacky, but I actually think it's pretty since I love butterflies and purple! This is nice but not my everyday perfume. I only wear once in awhile so it looks like my bottle will last long time!

sharyssa

both my bottles of this have turned to a dark color but they still smell good but I put them out front on the dresser to remind myself to use it up before the others I guess it's going bad but I know now to buy this 1.7 oz at a time I have one 1.7 and one 3.4 size and my lotions I have 2 have already turned watery I don't like the lotion anyway it smells different than the fragrance it's more candylike but the shower gel is good I can still smell it on my skin long after the shower it's the best shower gel I have tried yet so far.From now on I will purchase the shower gel and small bottle of this from now on because the 3.4 oz is ugly anyway the bottle is fat I like the 1.7 oz size it's perfect and looks better.

sofiii
sofiii

M is actually not bad in the beginning. It is more like a weird hybrid of Britney’s Fantasy and some gourmand perfume, rather than a typical oriental floral. It starts really thick, heavy, purple, sweet and a bit dark velvet in a modern way. There is a really profound sweetness coming all the way through the aura of blah and sensual, kinda dirty sweety sweet floral smell (which reminds me a bit of Sensi by Armani).

Soon M transformed into some rather nice, sensual, and discreet white flower perfume with a touch of sweetness. Somehow I can see where Hugo Boss Orange Sunset gets its similar vibe from.

The dry down is rather warm and…well, blurrrrr, feels like a last-minute rushed creation of all the stuff in the post 2000 celebrity perfume world all thrown in together. Somehow I feel a bit suffocated by it. It has the sugarsweet, and the dirty dusty feel and some so called ‘sensualness’ which I find like a stall mixture of lovely soap and dirt plus a pinch of musty dusty stuff.

However, as much as I dislike M, I find that on the right person, it actually smell quite lovely and kinda self-assured in comparison with some non-brainer sugar/bubblegum celebrity perfumes.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Quite hard to describe which relation I have with this fragrance. If I have it I´m pretty fast bothered of it. If not I wanna have it even the bottle is so ugly ;-)

It doesn´t smell foody as expected when you read "marshmallows". It´s a strong and buttery scent, reminds me a little bit of mama´s cookie dough, but only a little bit, because there´s this incense note which give this perfume a heavy but interesting note. I like it a lot but it won´t never be one of my favourites.

9154mf
9154mf

This is a lovely deep sweet perfume, suitable for night time and colder weather I think. I can smell all of the notes listed, in the order they are supposed to be, except that the patchouli rears quite early on for me, which is ok as it adds depth but is not too much. It is quite a strong scent. I wish the marshmallow was stronger but it seems the patchouli and base notes drowns some of it out but it's still there. i dont find it sickly sweet, as the base notes are not typically sweet notes, but it has a sexy aura about it. Could be too much for some, but I like it.

azizaworld
azizaworld

I think this perfume smells really good. But unfortunately for me, after 5 minutes, I could not smell anything anymore. It faded off so quick. I also smell so much alcohol in it, it burns. Better alcohol concentrates and essentials may make this fragrance last longer. Or maybe it is just me and it doesn't cooperate with my skin.

bb3706
bb3706

This was so disappointing to me. I loved the smell on the test strip, i love the smell when i sniff the bottle. Spray it on to my skin and it morphs in to something completely different and smells terrible. Must be just me and skin chemistry or something. Such a shame.

melody85
melody85

I love this, I remember the first few times i wore it and my friend went out and bought the same perfume because she wanted to smell as good as me. It is quite strong where a little goes a long way - definetly a night scent.

Psyche
Psyche

Personally, I am not wowed by this perfume. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly lovely, a touch smoky and sweet, and does seem to have pretty good staying power. I can't quite detect the sea water but my nose hasn't been functioning properly as of late. I bought it because it's pleasant, but in my opinion it's not amazing or something to write home about.

Honestly I find the bottle to be pretty hideous and tacky. It looks off-balanced. Maybe it's because I don't particularly care for cartoonish-looking butterflies? The cool thing about the bottle is how parts of the actual bottle part are lilac and parts are clear. I thought that was an interesting touch.

skitten
skitten

"M" is mmmmmmmm...yummmm.... captured in a stylish, heavy duty bottle to be admired. I hold this perfume in high regard. Longevity is amazing on my skin. I don't let the name deter me or the fact she is a celeb, the fact is the scent is deliciously warm, like clouds of marshmallow,entwind with gardenias, all softening out to a delightful incensey oriental scent that I adore. The Gold perfume is even headier/stronger and I can't find it anywhere to buy. I love intense perfumes and this is up there. Only ever get compliments when wearing this scent. x

miZZpuRRfect

i m reviewing this fragrance the 2nd time now. i can t stop to praise this wonderful scent. the marshmellow is very regordnizable mellowed with sultry patchouli.
i can feel very well the lovely exotic and intense smell of gardenia and wonderful coconutty tiare. this perfume is holidays in a bottle.
salty notes, guess from the seawater are giving this scent a really special kick. at this point it reminds indeed a little bit to womanity, but womanity isn t that lovely in every stage and much sweeter on the top, more edgy later - this one is round and perfectly blended. i can imagine they would match perfectly layered togehther.
very nice for a night out on warm weather or threat yourself and your beloved at home for a hot summernight... romantic and sexy! a big expetion for all those tacky celeb scents out there nowdays.

zennia04
zennia04

worn this during my Wedding Anniversary Dinner date with husband. We both liked the smell so much. It fits the occasion maybe because the scent is very sultry & sexy. The smell of melted marshmallows & incense makes it very unique. Our date will definitely not be forgotten, for it was being marked in our memory with this scent.

Well done M.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

I just got this at walmart as an impulse buy coz it was on clearance for 9 usd... One comment.. Where's the marshmallow?? Huhu.. That's one of the meain reasons why I bought it but I don't smell it. Oh well! Another bottle for my collection :)

SexySpice
SexySpice

It's like a more agreeable, more girly, less harsh but more sugary version of Womanity.I'm a huge fan of womanity, and this just reminded me of it so much.

sweet_amour
sweet_amour

This fragrance is exceptionally unique and beautiful..The composition is gorgeous, and brings to mind sitting on a warm beach infront of a fire, watching a pinkish sunset above the sea, smelling the salty water and toasting marshmallows..there is a creamy scent to it too, almost like lotion on sunkissed
skin..:) it is a very romantic perfume.

M is sweet, warm and woody with a hint of clear salt water throughout <3

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A combo of hard candy & incense sticks from the hippie shop.

It's a generic smelling, sweet oriental. I was hoping for a little more character, something to make it unique.

It also died a very quick death on my skin. No lasting power!

babsyfish
babsyfish

I received M as a gift. I probably would have never bought it on my own because the idea of marshmallows melting all over a heap of big boastful white flowers and smoldering incense sounds horrific. It's actually not a bad fragrance. Very unusual. A harmonious gathering of contradictory essences. That gooey goodness of the opening is underscored with a saltiness not unlike perspiration. But it's not a nasty b.o. funk; just hot, worked flesh. Actually, it's a pretty genuine sea scent--not some clean, idealized, plastic ocean, but the real thing, fully alive, with all its salt, kelp, and pungent humidity. It's just such an odd combination--sweet and salty...and then comes this lingering trail of earthy patchouli and bitter amber. Just so unusual, and even though I could not bear to wear it daily or for a special occasion, I am very glad it is in my collection. It suits a peculiar mood.

SBunny
SBunny

This is a lovely winter/autumn scent. The marshmallow and the Gardenia are the most apparant on my skin and it makes me feel so warm and cozy in cold weather. Sometimes I can smell a bit of saltiness which I detect must be the sea water. A very unique scent and job well done.

marie82
marie82

AMAZING scent! Even if your not a Mariah fan you will love this perfume. It's hard to even believe it is a celeb perfume because it's so good and lasts all day, the staying power is brilliant. When you wear it everyone always says "what's that lovely smell?" and ask what you're wearing. It's hard to describe how it smells, it's probably how Princess by Vera Wang would smell if it was a lot stronger. You can definitely smell the marshmallow but surprisingly it isn't sickly sweet. It's not too sweet but not too in your face either. This is definitely one of my all time faves. The fact that it's really affordable is a bonus!

mil1991

I`m one of Mariah`s fan..i love her music but i not reviewing on her music in here..huhuhu
M is the debut fragrances from mariah.
i bought this because i attract to the design of the bottle.its so gorgeous in image but in front of my eyes its like a big fat trophy thats like gonna takes over the world.
I sniff M at Elizabeth Arden department store.Overall i like the scents..what can i describe about it,its like a huge marshmellow melting on my head with bouquet of bride`s flower on top of it.
Sweet at the first moment when you spraying on it but when its dry own it turns to very expensive bouquet smell.you fell like u`re a mariah carey that burns a marshmellow in the beach while singing a song `one sweet day`..hahahaha that was i tought about this perfume

miZZpuRRfect

i hate Mariah Carey because of her attitudes and wearing fur, so i would never buy her stuff (actually she's making impression of having changed mind and supports PETA, but i'm doubting this is serious, guess it's more a public relation thing of her)...
anyway, i had the chance to get a half bottle of her perfume from a friend having clearout of her wardrobe and i love this scent! it's beautiful.
the combination of playful youth with elegance and class is amazing. very well done fragrance! i think this is a very sexy scent: cheeky, sweet and a little bit mysterious at the same time.
longlasting too. sillage very nice. thumbs up!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This one starts out extremely sweet. I don't smell marshmellows, it is more like cookies on me. Gardenia and tiare come through quickly and although I love these two notes here they don't go well with the rest. There is a clash between the oriental and the tropical theme - a very big clash in my opinion.

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

I love this perfume, I think it is very mature and sophisticated I think it has a very grown up scent to it and I love the bottle! xx :)

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Smelling this I am reminded of all of the classic florals of the late seventies. There is something so retro and classic about it. I don't get the sea & salt others seem to find here...but I get a crisp, clean-spicy floral, that has great staying power. I like it, but have to be in the mood for it. It is also a fragrance like Narciso Rodriguez For Her...does not really move on my skin. I spray it on and it plays that note all day. So, that is the downside of it, I guess-for me.

tenderhearted

I am not into the Mariah tunes,but I am sure she has a beautiful heart. **Edit 1/7/2012 : I am so sad to read online that Mariah wears fur. How could you Mariah?

I have a dupe of this lovely fragrance. It is very special.
I really feel the live tiare flower so dewy and bending to my humble nose. I feel gardenia,but not as strong as tiare.

This is so creamy and luscious. There is marshmallow air swirling around me,and just a touch of sea and salt.

I must say too, that there is this tender,yet earthy softly earthy patchouli that dances so unique with the marshmallow! I am filled with delight!

I did not find the incense,but that is ok.I love incense in my perfume,but this one is so tender and lovely,for me it does not need anything else.

Blackstar1957
Blackstar1957

i really did like this one... however im only 15 and my parents talk me out of buying it.... i could really smell the marshmallows and its was so warm and sweet ..just the way i like fragrances to be.. but my parents scared me a bit.. my mom said it smelled like a dead body and my dad said it smelled like powder... so instead of buying this i bought Jennifer lopez's live luxe.. but for sure ill go back for this and this time WITHOUT MY PARENTS OPINION!!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is just yummy. I do smell the marshmallows as well. It smells like sweet incense with marshmallows. It lasts forever but is not super in your face strong. For some reason I only typically wear this in the summer maybe it is because of the sea accords in it? I think I am going to wear it this week and see if it smells any different in the winter.

gatsby
gatsby

WE ALL love Mariah voice.And her hits...her look, her smile. But this unhappy chemistry gave me a bunch of five, right on my nose. Girls, dont try to find a way to make your boyfriend disappear: just discreet spray a drop of this in his face. It's enough to make him go. "Fooooreveeerrr"(hand up,wave your fingers, like mariah's "high notes" gesture ;))

Emma x
Emma x

I must admit i can really smell the marshamllows in it and its really strong, it lasts for ages, overall its a nice perfume, top marks for the bottle ! x

Fragaria

I got this as an after Christmas sale. The reviews are so positive I thought I couldn't go wrong. I don't smell any sweet marshmallow as some have described. I get nothing that resembles incense. I can't even pick out the gardenia. It's a little bit to heavy scent for me and just very plain. I love the lucious pink a lot and thought this might be sweet like that one but it's not. This isn't a bad scent but nothing at all special to my nose. If I'd smelled it first I'd have never gotten it. This is the only blind buy I am not real happy about. I would be curious as to how I'd like it on another person wearing it? Sometimes you just have to stand back and get a light whiff of a scent to appreciate it. I wonder....

bombonica
bombonica

Gorgeous bottle...Never smelled it because in my country this doesn't exist, at least I think so cos I never seen it...Very, very pretty bottle

lilou
lilou

I love M ! I'm looking for perfumes which are similar to M because I want to find again and again the same trail. But it's quite impossible : M is the perfect one. Sweet, mysterious, deep, lasting...one of my favorite !
I could not believe that it would be so accomplished but it is.
I would like to try other Mariah Carey fragrances but it's very hard to find them in France. It's a shame...

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Such a pretty, sweet fragrance. Kind of reminds me of a lighter version of Fantasy. Perfect for daytime or a date. :)

Fragaria

I bought this on reviews alone! I'm glad I have it, I like it a lot! It's very similar to Provocative Interlude. This is a little bit sweeter having the marshmallow instead of the champagne that Provocative Interlude has. This seems to be the better choice for a younger person since it's sweet. I like them both and I don't think I can really pick one over the other. I guess it'll depend on the occasion, mood and dress as to which one I'll choose at any certain time. Good blind buy!

dollladie
dollladie

It's pretty decent - and affordable. I'm not a fan of celebrity scents - or of smelling like candy or state fair foods - but this one is nice; it's fun, and quite pretty. I'm not a teen, a 20 something, 30, 40 or low 50; I'm 57 - and find this scent to be nice and easy to wear - for anyone.

In mood
In mood

M does smell rich and mature. It's a long lasting perfume and you can smell it after 6 hours after application. I don't smell any marshmallows, I smell dark violets with incense, patchouli and seawater. Incense is very strong for me and irritates my nose. But on the whole, it's a good feminine and warm perfume.

lafefe
lafefe

Wow, this perfume is simply amazing! Warm, sexy, sweet yet not cloying, subtle, delicious!
For a very sexy and refined woman, not only for a young girl.
Incense is a synonymous with powerful, longlasting fragrance and this is not exception! I detect the watery/fresh note and simply find M so comfortable! I would rather say it contains milk and vanilla. The drydown is sexy and warm, oriental and feminine. It's SO GOOD!

jessc45
jessc45

This perfume is too strong for young girls. Its a more mature scent and is very overpowering. Just one spray and the floral notes stay on forever! Its hard to wash off and smells like rich people.It's not candy sweet to me and I can barely detect the marshmallow note.Its more strong and flowery fresh thats sophisticated This personally gives me a headache.

guest_Susu
guest_Susu

this is my favourite perfume ever. not too heavy not too light. Just right. and so sweet and floral. I can smell hints of delicious marshemellows. OH my.. im wearing it right now and I want to take a bite out of my arms. AMAZING SCENT.

guest_Belle
guest_Belle

This one is nice. I sprayed it and after a minute or so I want "Ah! Burnt marshmallows!" I was ready to write it off but after a minute or two it turned into a pure incense. It was pleasent and reminded me of a shop downtown and a family friend. The woman who wears this is subtle, artsy, but confident. It lasted for six hours or so before I washed up. This is definetly a scent that should be worn in winter. I get the image of an intimate winter dinner party between friends. This is also worthy of snuggling with that special someone, the smell lies very close to the skin.

guest_debob
guest_debob

I don't know why I am just discovering these perfumes. I absolutely love this one. mmmmmm. Marshmallows and seawater.
It's like a dream, sweet, intoxicating, very tropical. I don't care if it is a celebrity scent. None of that matters to me, just the perfume, the scent, that's all. If you like sweet perfumes, this is one you should check out. If you don't like sweet, sexy perfumes, then please just skip it, no need to review this.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

This is nice! One spray and still smelling delicious after 6 hours. At first a bit of a sugar shock, but settles down to a beautiful, sweet, a bit smoky, ambery softness.
The color of the bottle suits the scent, but I`m not a fan of the design.

muobsession
muobsession

Spritzed before bed and 10am I can still smell the salty marshmallow. And it is finally smokey (how I wished it to be last night.) To me, it very slightly resembles a vanilla/sugary BBW-type fragrance, but I'm overlooking it because of the fabulous strength and lasting power.

It's just on the cusp of being too sweet. I will definitely wear this during the cooler months. DH approves.

crakky
crakky

Hey everybody! I really want to buy this because of the delicious notes(water and marshmallow) but i really don't know if it suits me...please tell me: Is this perfume for teenagers or for adult women? Thank you ...:D

smellynich
smellynich

don't be fooled by the gorgeous bottle, this smells very heavy, some days i think its glamorous some days i think its grandma, its like grandma ate marshmallows the whole day.

britfly
britfly

I can definately smell the incense in this one. This feels like a soft, warm blanket on my skin. The marshmellow and incense blend together very well. Sweet but not in an extreme way. The deeper notes balance out the sweet marshmellow and floral notes.

guest_sugar
guest_sugar

At the first sniff it smells like a floral garden. But when you spritz it out, and wait for a second, it calms down to a really delicious thing, and that's the point, where I can catch the marshmellows :)
Althoug I don't like floral fragrances (yes, it says it's oriental floral, but...), I do love this one.

miku1333
miku1333

The creamy marshmellow is the most prominent on my skin with the gardenia and tiare flower,the sea water note gives very little freshness to the perfume.It's a nice warm scent,great for fall and winter.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I think this is a very pretty fragrance...the tiare flower is beautiful, made lusciously creamy by the marshmallow, and the amber and incense give it a rich smokiness that balances the sweetness of the flowers and sugar. Finally, the touch of patchouli emerges in the drydown to give the fragrance depth and spiciness. I forgot how much I liked this fragrance. I think it's a floral oriental but a very light, fresh floral oriental; I would wear this for a summer evening out (just a spritz would do...).

cutey14
cutey14

I LOVE IT!!!! it's one of the best job that MC had done other that her albums.. the marshmallow notes make everyone wants to cling and stay closer to me.. it's really seductive and sensual.. makes me feel sexy all the time..!!!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Upon first application I get coconut (undoubtably the Tiare). After a few minutes, it bloomed into an incredibly sweet smell. I vaguely remembered reading something about marshmallows...yes, thats it! Not the pink kind you feed kids but the grownup version that comes with toasted coconut clinging to it.

But where was the seawater which earned 'M' a place on my 'for test' list? There is no lovely salty, sea-licked skin in evidence here! I supoose it was what tempered the marshmallow/tiare combination from being cavity-inducing to intriguing though.

All in all, if you are looking for a thoroughly pleasant sweet-coconut scent with a bit of tang hidden inside, this would be an excellent candidate.

PS - Personally, I don't like the bottle design. It looks childish.

nickflick
nickflick

This salty vanilla perfume is yummy.
M is great for everyday wear and I agree that it suits women in their 30's well if they like vanilla. The bottle is beautiful, heavy and well crafted.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

Marshmallows and creamy sweet goodness - simply gorgeous! And it has great lasting effects! I always get a compliment or two:D

alexanna7
alexanna7

M is a verry nice and sweet fragrance!they make it so,that all the notes,combined together make a nice perfume!but,we can smell: the marshmallow,the tiare flower,the gardenia, the patchouli and the incense! Exotic! Marvellous! It makes me think of addict and hypnotic (dior) by it's sweetness, spicyness and romantic flowers!

sky76sky
sky76sky

If you like girly, creamy-sweet, mid-weight oriental frags but want to find one with a little bit of a twist don't be put off by the twee, celeb tag....don't shy away from M, it's much better than you may think!

Toasted marshmallows, vanilla patisserie cream, sun-dried salty skin after a summer's dip in the ocean, (complete with a touch of tiare sunscreen). All this could be too, too much but it side-steps the "heady" & is saved by a healthy dose of patchouli & a very gentle incense that blends nicely into the amber base.

Lasting power is pretty good &, all-in-all, it is a much nicer scent than I would ever have imagined & at a great price - a nice fragrance to reach for when you want an enveloping sweet & cosy warmth.

Again, I'd have liked a darker version, slightly more oomph, slightly less sugar...like an "anti-Mariah" ;p

sheridanellis

P.S. Remember, Mariah Carey did not actually "make this perfume!" ;) It has been formulated by one of the best noses in the business, a man who is behind Victor & Rolph's Flowerbomb, CK Euphoria, Many other CK and Elizabeth Arden Fragrances, and the beloved and sought after Prada perfume! Try different celebrity perfumes and see if you look past the names. Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton actually have two out under their names that I appreciate very much.

sheridanellis

One day I was out sniffing different scents trying to find something new. I didn't see that this was a Mariah fragrance. I just had grabbed a tester bottle and sprayed. Good thing, because if I had known it was a fragrance with her name affiliated to it, I would have had preconceived notions about the scent which would have proved inaccurate for me! I hate the bottle...IMO it is ugly with a silly butterfly cap. I have about seven bottles of this now! (I received some as gifts!) I spray it on my sheets, after showering, and on my clothing. I adore this scent! It is the most complex perfume I personally have ever worn. I would never have thought to put these notes together. They sound weird, if not downright gross ( I mean MARSHMALLOW! C'Mon!!!) but they are luscious and sexy. The tiare flower keeps it clean and pretty. The sea water component keeps it fresh. The incense note makes it smolder and it is all wrapped up with this underlying marshmallow goodness. When I say marshmallow, don't think about the sickly sweet cereal treats we all used to know and love, but more of a browning over the fire on a stick but not quite burned gooey, boozey adult marshmallow. I will always love this, and although I can't personally smell it on myself throughout the day (I wish I could!) I receive more compliments on this perfume than any other I have ever worn (and my collection exceeds 100... :) ) Give M a try! You never know!

sweetpatchi

this is an update from my first review of this fragrance. I really love this fragrance. I say this a very mature, classy, floral and feminine scent. It's sweet and strong. One of my dad's friend said I smell like a divine saint! hahaha! The scent is so strong like my neighbors even when they're inside their house they know I passed by because the scent mixes in the air nd wind. My dad's friend even followed me and you can see his face that he's mesmerized by the fragrance hahahaha! Take note.."divine saint"...that's how he described it and he's a guy! haha! I love this fragrance so much!

ItsKen
ItsKen

M by Mariah Carey is a very mature, sweet, glamorous, and fresh fragrance. When i first apply i get the notes of Marshmallow and "Sea Notes" right off the bat almost making it fresh. It almost remind me of sitting by the shore in a windy night toasting marshmallows. Then i get the notes of Tiare flower and Gardenia, making it a bit powdery and soft, but some how i still smell marshmallow. After, a few hours when the floral notes fade away marshmallow decides to stay and then i get the slap of burning Morocco incense amber and musk. I really recommend this fragrance if u really love sweet mature fragrances and if you want people fallowing u with a fork. I just LOVE IT! ;P

Josie_the_duck
Josie_the_duck

The bottle is just beautiful, but the perfume is not sweet to me at all. It's ok, it's well-made and nice, but not my cup of tea. To use it I should have a special mood. It's very classy. I feel sea water very strongly in it.

Liina
Liina

I was really anxious to try this perfume because of the marshmallow note. And after reading the reviews here I was even more excited because most of them are very positive.
Yesterday I sniffed it fianlly for the first time. I couldn't say I was disappointed but I didn't like it. It was too sweet for me. And I usually like sweet scents.
I like perfumes that smell delicious and kinda "eatable" but the middle notes ruined the "eatable" factor totally. But I understand why most reviewers here like it, they just don't care about the "eatable" factor and probably I'd like it more if I didn't either.
The good thing is that it is strong and last a long time. I could even smell it slightly on my wrist the day after.

misi
misi

As far as a celebrity perfume goes, this one was a hit.

It's a very light, sweet, but still luxurious and sophisticated perfume (thanks to the amber!)

It's a little strong at first, but in 30 minutes the midnotes kick in and you can enjoy the perfume.

I wear it all the time and don't get sick of it. However, it has a moderate life...about 8 hours tops.

sweetpatchi

I bought a mini sample of this and tried it...Oh my Gosh! It's DIVINE! Love it so much! My husband bought me and showed it to me via skype...oooohhh I can't wait to have it! He'll be home in two weeks! I love everything about it! The bottle design, the scent, the packaging, the commercial ad and I love Mariah! I love this and Luscious Pink but for me, M is her best. I give this frag 10/10

CUPCAKEDOLL

I´m not a fan of Mariah Carey, but I know when I found something that I love, and this fragrance is great.

I have many perfumes, and my choose depends of the moment, the season, the occasion...but there are some of them wich always are in my collection.

M is one example. This is a must have for me, and was love at firsT sniff :_)

Is a very special fragrance. I think is complicated but very well balanced: the sea water notes mixed with the sweeteness of the marshmallows are a great idea. The base of the perfume makes it feminine, special, even seductive. Perfect for any season, but I love to use it in spring.

Is great for romantic moments, because with this scent I feel elegant and very sexy, but innocent and natural at the same time. This works extremely well with my body chemistry, and envolves me a pleasant sensation.

I also can smell something like vanilla mixed with inciense. Very original, this scent reminds me of a perfume which someone wore when I was I child. I´m not sure about who, but M helps me to remember very special moments for me.

My darling
My darling

I love, love this fragrance! It smells so sexy, hot and sweet. So glad I got a big bottle of it! It just smells in purple. In the dry down it reminds me of Jasmine Noir BVLGARI!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I am an avid patchouli hater, and the patchouli on M does not bother me. This scent reminds me of halloween. I know funny right? But the sweet marshmallow mixed with the smokiness reminds me of a bag of trick-or-treat sweets and pumkins with the burning candles within. This is quite sweet, but it is so balanced. I would also dare to call this a comfort scent. I also get a lot of compliments on it. The scent seems to be very long lasting on me as well. I would give it a 7/10.

AnnMarie
AnnMarie

The packaging sold me on this one!!! Then i unwrapped and WHAM it is one of my more treasured scents....

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

To tell the truth, I don't like celeb scents. For me, they are so similar. But this fragrance is different. It was the bottle, which caught my eye, and I just had to test it, but I didn't have high expectations. But when I sprayed it on my wrist... it was love at first sniff, so I had to purchase a bottle :D
For me, It's a comfort scent, not overpowering as you would expect from the notes, not harsh, very pleasing and easy to wear.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a delicious creamy toasted tropical caramel marshmallow of a fragrance. The marshmallow and tiare flower notes blend exquisitely to make it warm and enveloping on the skin. M is simply lovely and a decent reflection of Mariah herself. It conjured up sunkissed skin, warm nights, laughter with friends, snuggling with a loved one... I think it is probably a more youthful fragrance, I'm not sure it would be suitable for someone in their 50s and beyond. Great for teenagers but certainly not limited to that age group. I really loved this fragrance, i think it is definitely Mariah's best and one of the top celebrity scents.

LoveLy
LoveLy

it smells really good and sweet with a slight hint of saltiness...one of the best perfumes i have come in contact with but a little goes a long way and if you overdo it, you'll feel a little sweet seasick....but really good

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A delightful combination of notes, smelling like a floral marshmallow. Very feminine. This is what young, happy girls should smell like, but even more mature women could wear this combination of notes easily.

The ingredients, however, wore poorly, and after not too long, it smelled cheap on my skin. Were it a better quality fragrance, I would have certainly bought it.

falovalo
falovalo

This is a heavy, sweet and patchouli laden perfume. Some of the patchouli wears off after a while and you're left with marshmallow and incense, which is pretty nice. Don't let the notes and color of the bottle fool you though, it has the potential to be loud and cloying if used with a heavy hand.

jatzzie
jatzzie

I'm not a fan of celebrity scents. The only ones so far which I've liked are Britney's fragrances and Gwen Stefani's L. I enjoy Mariah as a singer, she has an icredible voice, but I wasn't sure if she could transfer that same "amazingness" into her fragrances. I had tried Luscious Pink earliler, which I found to be very pink and girly, but you know, nothing special, except the bottle is very pretty. And then today I came across M.First of all, unlike in pictures, the bottle for these butterfly things are supernice, they don't look half as tacky as in pictures. As for the scent, wow. I'm impressed, it's a pretty sweet floral, but not in this kinda you know, supergeneric way. M is a good quality perfume which stand out, not too boldly (i.e it's no Alien or Ange ou Demon), but it leaves this positive, sweet, girly impression. I think it's a nice everyday perfume and yes I think I will be adding it to my wishlist.:) Pretty much something I could wear all year round.

ozjellybean
ozjellybean

I loved the smell of this on the test strip but after a couple of months, my nose is totally tired of it. You could never mistake it for a masterpiece or an expensive fragrance.
I would say it's a young fragrance, interesting, soft and certainly very 'purple'! Cute, fun and quirky. But don't pay too much for it, and use lightly.

krabby
krabby

First I thought it was way too sweet...now i kinda like it. its lasting power surprised me. I tried it on the paper 3 weeks ago and the smell still lingers... amazing! I think its a very nice fragrance.. you just have to be careful not to overspray yourself or you'll give everyone around you a huge headache :P

Solvita
Solvita

very nice fragrance,smells so interesting...I could smell a tiare flower,marshmallow and incense.On my skin it becomes very sweet.I like it.

Lady Love
Lady Love

I will tell the truth. I'm a big fan of Mariah Carey.... So I remember i was counting the days to taste her new perfume.. When M hit the market i was
determined to buy the fragance
no matter how smell.. So like a devoted fan i know, I could be buying a piece of grass, but if that piece of grass come from Mariah, well.. I think I must have it!! .. je.. I don't even test the perfume i was very afraid to know how smell, and don't want to be disappointed..

So... When i came to my home, my sister took the fragance and test it infront of me.. cuz she have a big party and want to smell like mariah =P ..

When the scent reach my nose, i still remember the marshmallow sweetening my senses, and then i feel the gardenia and tiara flower mixed with patchouli and a DEEPPP SOOO DEEPPP and sensual incense.. this mix i think doesn't make the fragance so sweet.. and makes it perfect!

I fell in love with this frangace.. Sweet and deep.. I don't recomend this for people who don't like sweet fragance.. but personally i love the Incense spell from this perfume
that transforms the sweet part in a lasting power mysterious and sexy Scent ..

moonruby
moonruby

M by Mariah Carey is one of few celebrity fragrances I actually have deep respect for.

It doesn't smell synthetic, cheap or generic, but rather a truely interesting combination of sweet and watery notes.

A unique fragrance that demands attention without being so 'in-your-face'.

rainydays
rainydays

While purchasing Mariah's Luscious Pink, I grabbed a tiny bottle of this too since it was only $20 and I had a gift card. I thought it might be a little too sweet because of the marshmallow, but it actually has a very mature feel to it (not a bad thing). It's deep and sensual. There's something in the opening notes that keeps it from being too sweet (maybe it's the seawater? can't really tell). The patchuoli and incense in the drydown isn't very spicy. It's earthy and smokey, but very subtle. I like her Luscious Pink a little more, but this one is nice.

edit: After wearing this a few more times, I started to get a little put off when I sprayed it on... I think it might be too sweet after all. Can't make up my mind on this one.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I never EVER imagined that I'd one day be wearing M or writing a review for it! I've always turned up my nose at sugary sweet scents. But not so long ago, I came across M at a discount dept. store in the roll-on form packaged along with a nice little lip gloss. Being a sucker for lip glosses, I bought it. What I discovered is that M is incredibly warm, yummy, and addicting! I'm not surprised to see that two of my favorite flowers (gardenia & tiara) are in here. But I think my favorite part of M is the way the marshmallow blends so wonderfully with the amber, patchouli and incense. The patchouli and incense are probably what tempers the sweetness and makes me crave more. I'm not sure if I would feel the same about a spray application of M, but for now I'm really enjoying my rollerball. Can't wait to wear this as the weather gets cooler. It should only smell even more delish!

jonr951

I havent heard of it! Thanks for the tip! I just looked it up on walmart.com! so weird that ive heard nothing about it? im gonna email elizabetharden to get more info! how excited if it is something different from luscious pink! thanks again mandashell!

Cherub573
Cherub573

I barely get any floral element in this, which disappoints me as I love the mix of white florals and marshmallow/cake/white chocolate... I get a little sweetness, but it is not an obvious marshmallow... this is sugary incense and patchouli. Arrgh patchouli! Patchouli ruins every fragrance for me, it sticks out like a sore thumb and makes me think of body odor- not so good with candy. Obviously this is a no-go for me.

TJerria
TJerria

I had high hopes for this fragrance but it seems as though it wasn't taken into consideration of how the notes should mix well together. Not pleasing at all.

Argirl
Argirl

All my friends told me that this smelled good...so when I went to the store to try it...I was not impressed it smells so bad...I would not recommend this to anyone..If you wanna smell like marshmallows then this is for you.

guest_soniaaa
guest_soniaaa

llo soy fan de mariah carey ella es la mejor cantante y la mejor actriz y ella es la mas guapas de todasss mellamo sonia encantada atodas y atoodos besos de mi parte a mariahhh careyy y si respondeis ablar porfavor en español no me gusta tanto ablar en ingler muchisimos besos de mi parte a mariah careyy en la foto y su perfume estaba muyy guapabesosss

MoietToi
MoietToi

I have smelled this perfume on several occasions and I must say this is a really good one.Mrs.Carey seems to have really put alot of creativity,heart and soul into this scent. Beacuse when the first blast lands on my skin I smell something original and new. I smell something dark and flowery. But there is still some kind of sweetness in it. It's also very mild on my skin beacuse I have got quiet sensetive skin and it dosen't irritate me at all. It's very sophisticated and somehow it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn singing Moon River in Breakfast at Tiffanys. I am not sure if I want to buy it beacuse it's sure lovley I am not sure about the lasting powet allthough.

TashaRose
TashaRose

I bought a large bottle of this on Ebay for a couple of bucks, untested, mostly because I thought the bottle was beautiful and the notes sounded yummy. I was expecting a sickly sweet celebrity scent (...and frankly, for three dollars, I wouldn't have been that disappointed if it had turned out to be a typical celebrity scent). What I got was a nice surprise.

"M" is sweet, but not sickly or cloying in any way, shape, or form. The marshmallow is noticeable, especially right after it's first sprayed, but so is the scent of the sea. It's kind of like dipping french fries into a chocolate shake (I know, I know... I'm a freak)... the sweetness of one blends so perfectly with the saltiness of the other.

Patchouli is touch and go with me. Sometimes it's too much and overpowers the rest of the notes, but I don't find that to be true in this case. The final result is a not-too-sweet but not-to-salty scent that is feminine but strong, powerful but also dainty. I love all the contradictions in this perfume, and though I don't wear it all too often, it's a nice addition to my collection.

This fragrance is a little different from the typical celebrity scents. When you first smell this, you can sense the creativity and thought that has gone into this perfume's composition.

Combining the saltiness of the ocean and the sugary sweetness of a marshmallow, M is a scent that is both mature, pleasantly sweet and fresh. This fragrance is in no way cloying. It is actually rather intimate, as it stays close to the skin.

After a few hours, this fragrance warms into a soft vanilla and delicate incense blend, which is both incredibly soothing and calm.

Because of M's aquatic-like notes, I think this would make a great beachy or summery scent. The lasting power is excellent. I personally find the bottle design quite beautiful, with the butterfly lid adding a sense of playfulness.

Szonja
Szonja

I tested this fragrance and it isn't bad at all. In the category of 'celebrity perfumes' it is a quite sophisticated one. I poured it onto my wrist and I cound not stand smelling and smelling it again, and I could do it because the scent was intensive for hours. Very magical fragrance, it took me on a sweet oriental journey. Incense in it is not agressive at all, but very important, because gives this perfume a perfect base.
Opposite to these I would not wear this perfume because it wasn't made for young women than for women in the same age as Mariah, those in their mid 30s, early 40s.
The only thing that matters is the bottle. I could imagine it rather on a 10-year-old girl's shelf.

ossini
ossini

i was really curious about this fragrance and i´m so dissapointed now.
its a very floral sweet parfume, the marshmallow is really in the background, so its not a a foody scent.
i´m sorry but it reminds me on toilet spray.
Its not a bad scent, but its really nothing special, just a floral parfume like anyone else...
But i really love the bottle, its cute!

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

I get more gardenia and jasmine from this one than any other note, and I love it. On me, it's a beautiful, slightly sweet, springtime floral, despite its description suggesting it'd be more of a warm winter fragrance. Really glad I bought it.

Princess

Wow! I only read about this on the official mariah carey fragrance site. It sounded amazing, so I ordered it without even smelling it. And gosh, what a delightful yummy sweet scent! I's not too sweet. A beautiful scent! I smell marsmallow, tiara flower and incense I think. reminds me a bit about princess. Must be the tiara flower. One of the better celebrity offerings.

amanda
amanda

nice!!!, ive just smelled it and i like it, actually its a bit like bvlgari jasmin noir, tho i cant see jasmin listed as a note. maybe its just me thinking ist similar,... anyway its a warm and pleasant scent, and the lasting power is... well is not bad... but it losts its intesity quite soon. now its discounted at marrionnaud and im thinkig of buying it, because the bottle is soooo cute too

sharyssa

Pretty bottle and nice scent! My favorite next to Ralph Hot. M smells like sweet flower,marshmallow and alot of incense.Very nice. I am glad she came out with this perfume! Best of the celebrity scents so far next to with love by Hilary Duff.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Feminine and romantic. At first a big blast of sweet white flowers and sea water. After it dries down I smell gardenia and incense.

Malibu
Malibu

If you like Pink Sugar, Fantasy, Angel, Princess or Flowerbomb you need to try M.

It's sweet, but not too sweet. The notes of marshmallow & sea breeze accord bring back childhood memories of autumn holiday's by the sea, walking along near the fairs.

Despite it not being overpowering, the staying power is very good.

siskakak
siskakak

This juice is extremely irresistible because of it's interesting mix of marsmallow/sea breeze and tahitian tiare flower accents.I like with no citrus and no heady perfume so M by mariah carey is perfect for me.I also love the beautifully butterfly crafted bottle.It's warm,sexy,long lasting and dreamy scent...

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Mariah used to get so much bashing and most of my working colleagues still "love to hate" her and I wonder WHY? Out of all the celebs, isn't she the really talented one? And I think she really nailed it with this frangrance: very feminine, very young, romantic, sweet but not sugary or powdery, instead juicy and wet, classy and sensitive...simply like you'd expect Mariah herself to smell. And the presentation is legendary. I think this is THE celebrity scent of the decade ;-)

leababe10
leababe10

i have had this scent for a year now.
i always get comments when i wear this.
i must admit it is different. but worth buying recommended.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

I recieved this as a gift I love everything about this fragrance it smells soo nice smells like candy and marshmallow its soo sexy and the bottle is gorgeous

essija

I tried my friends roll-on of this and I don't know if it's different but It smelled exactly like With Love by Hillary Duff on me and I don't remember the M- smelling like this before from the bottle, wondering if the roll-on is different than what is in the bottle or did my chemistry change??

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

i loved the idea of smelling like a marshmallow at sea, but on me, i really only end up smelling the salt. has anyone else had this issue? i sniff the bottle sometimes, but wearing it does nothing good for me.

essija

I think this is lovely, besides the elegant bottle, this has a lot of class. It isn't that sweet on me, Its just really good. I find myself applying it at the store tester all the time. Marshmellow - sure, I almost get vanilla or something like that. Pure and innocent with this one..

Divalux
Divalux

I love this fragrance I love smelling like candy, so does my fiancee! hehe
I also love the bottle however I wish the lid was glass not plastic
I want to add this perfume does not last very long

knics33
knics33

OK- I have totally changed my mind about this fragrance. At first I didn't like it at all, but as time went by I became intrigued and couldn't help but smell it every time I was at the fragrance counter. I ended up breaking down and buying a gift set that included the 1 oz. perfume, and a small lotion and shower gel. I am really glad I did. This totally works with my chemistry. The notes blend and dry down so well.

EDIT- OK- so at first I really liked M, but as time went on it just didn't wear on me well at all. It was very strong and heady- it became headache inducing so I decided to give it to me mother. On her it wears fine and I even like the way it smells. Def. try to get a sample and wear before you buy.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Very light and soft, with the marshmallow not initially apparent. Nothing special. It's an inoffensive fragrance but barely lasts 10 minutes. A real dissappointment.

guest_..::..nsk..::..
guest_..::..nsk..::..

love it !!! long lasting beautiful bottle... it works amazing with the body lotion sweet and warm ...
perfect for winter time ;)

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

I like this fragrance, I think it`s quite interesting. There`s not sweets in first plan, on my skin. I can smell incense, patchouli and sea breeze at first, with discrete sweet notes and Tiare flower that comes later on, very close to the skin. Sea breeze and salty air has presence all the time, conception is very addictive and seductive. I would really like to test golden version with pure perfume, I think that one must be adorable! Purple bottle is beautiful too, so girlish and romantic!

coco76
coco76

just to clarify; marshmallow is listed as one of the top notes

i personally prefer my marshmallows burnt...i was just saying that if there IS going to be a marshmallow note in a perfume i would like mine to smell like BURNT marshmallow...

MuffinGirl
MuffinGirl

This isn't a fan website people!!!!

Anyway, I love this fragrance. I don't know where people are getting burnt marshmellow from. I love the smell though. It doesn't smell like any sort of food. Definently not marshmellows. I love this perfume. It's the best one I've ever had. I love Mariah and her perfume.

jonr951

i love this one! its marshmallow marshmallow and more marshmallow! its sweet and comforting! its a feel good scent and it just makes me smile everytime i smell it!

shopping_crazyx3
shopping_crazyx3

Sophisticated, sweet, my impression of what a fruity floral perfume would smell like. Very young, very sweet, very floral, and very nice.

tinuviel8
tinuviel8

I love it! It comes off as pretty strong at first but so be mindful not to spray on too much. But after it settles, it is just simply irresistable.

Sweetsunlight
Sweetsunlight

I love this smell, it's different and sexy. it has marshmallow and pachulli... it just works on me.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

The bottle is lovely and very girlie, I love the amethyst jewel tone of purple. Even tho, I love the bottle, I don't love the fragrance held within. M to me does smell faintly of marshmellows, violets, citronella and cinnamon. It is sweet, but not overtly so. M lies very close to the skin. One would have to get very close to even smell it. There's something in M that I'm very allergic to. I'm allergic to citronella and I'm sure that M has it listed as an ingredient. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure many will love it.

M by Mariah Carey 3.62 out of 5 based on 1230 ratings and 334 user reviews

Gift Set 0.27oz
MARIAH CAREY LOLLIPOP REMIX VARIETY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey SET-3 PIECE MINI VARIETY SET WITH REMIX INSEPERABLE REMIX NEVER FORGET YOU REMIX VISION OF LOVE AND ALL ARE EAU DE PARFUM ROLLERBALL .27 OZ MINI
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
M by Mariah Carey
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
M BY MARIAH CAREY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
M BY MARIAH CAREY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash Remix Never Forget You Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash Remix Vision Of Love Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Mariah Carey Lollipop Splash Remix Vision Of Love Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
M mariah Carey Perfume by Mariah Carey, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
M BY MARIAH CAREY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
M BY MARIAH CAREY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Gift Set 1oz
MARIAH CAREY LOLLIPOP REMIX VARIETY for WOMEN by Mariah Carey SET-3 PIECE MINI VARIETY SET WITH REMIX INSEPERABLE REMIX NEVER FORGET YOU REMIX VISION OF LOVE AND ALL ARE EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Mariah Carey M Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Mariah Carey M Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mariah Carey M fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mariah Carey M, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify M by Mariah Carey. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of M by Mariah Carey represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.