Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Autograph New York Marks and Spencer for women

Autograph New York Marks and Spencer for women
dislike

Autograph New York by Marks and Spencer is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are bergamot, gardenia and apricot; middle notes are rose, jasmine and woody notes; base notes are heliotrope, vanilla, musk and sandalwood.

Bergamot Gardenia Apricot

Rose Jasmine Woody Notes

Heliotrope Vanilla Musk Sandalwood

Autograph New York Fragrance Reviews

Bad_Girl_Bex
Bad_Girl_Bex

I love this perfume. So easy to wear, kinda grown-up smelling. It is somewhat reminiscent of JPG's Gaultier 2 or a Chanel fragrance (not any one in particular, but the notes are familiar) but it isn't a copy of Allure. M&S did actually have a 'copy' of Allure called Sensuelle. I don't know it they still make it, but I bought a bottle of it back in 2012 when my actual bottle of Allure was running out. It was a couple of weeks until payday, so I used the copy as a stand-in until I was able to replace it. It was a very close imitation, only not as long lasting. But at £10 a bottle, I could be as liberal as I liked.

But getting back to Autograph, it's one I often get compliments on. It's suitable for work or play - I'm currently lounging round the house in my nightie and a liberal dousing of the stuff! There is also an accompanying body spray which has a good strength that I like to use along with it. Perfume on the neck, wrist & decolletage, then a generous spritz of the body spray all over, including my hair.

I'll be keeping a couple of bottles of this stuff in my collection for as long as they keep making it. Knowing the dreadful luck I have with falling in love with a fragrance, only for it to be discontinued, at the reasonable price Autograph retails for, I might actually buy a stash of bottles and keep them in a cool dark place. Just in case.

I recommend this fragrance to anyone who likes Chanel, Dior or D&G fragrances. It's a slightly heavier, stronger fragrance which probably suits those over 25 it's perfect for someone in their 30's who isn't fond of the gourmand trend or the fizzy, pink type smells that tend to be favored by younger women. If you like a decent single malt and the smell of cigar smoke, this kinda makes me think of that a bit - without actually smelling of either, lol!

ShoppinQueen
ShoppinQueen

For me it's a dupe of Chanel Allure.
I cannot find a similiarity of Brit by Burberry.

MoonGirl
MoonGirl

Heard this was a copy of Chanel's Allure. I can confirm that it is not, although shortly after spraying, when the fragrance mingles with the skin, there is a loose resemblance.

M&S Autograph New York is a lovely perfume in it's own right: warm, fruity, woody, feminine and subtle - a bit too subtle if I'm honest. Perfect for most occasions. I bought the large bottle which is just as well as it needs re-application. I also bought the purse spray.

dream
dream

It reminds me of Amor Amor, but more annoying version

chrissybaby
chrissybaby

This smells more expensive than what it cost.. it smells mature and deep. Just disappears after 2 hours and re-application is required. Other than that I would buy again...have already finished my 100ml bottle. So I would recommend it.

ZanaLind
ZanaLind

It's nice

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

well, I've changed my mind. I bought a very small spray (10ml) and intend to take it on holiday to use in the evenings. I think it's very nice, warm & feminine.

I tested it on holiday in a Marks & Spencer Shop. I only tested it on paper, so no guarantee for the drydown. It came over like a classic. Like a cheaper version of Chanel No.5 or something similar. It's a scent for going out and it is more on the strong side.

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

I tried this on in the shop today. It's quite nice and warm but reminds me a bit of Elnett, unfortunately. I did not buy. However, I did but the 'noir' version, which I thought was lovely.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

My mother wears this and it reminds me of a lot of designer fragrances, especially some of the newer Chanels and also Donna Karen's Cashmere Mist, as another reviewer noted. Definitely very nice and smells expensive even though it's dirt cheap. But, as with many wallet-friendly scents, especially edts, it sadly doesn't last very long, so re-application is necessary after an hour or two. Perhaps worth investing in 'the real thing' in the long run after all...

LOVE IT, VERY FEMININE.

guest_rita
guest_rita

I find this perfume just tap water.I asked my son who went to London to bring it with him after reading how wonderful it was!! I'm very happy the price is very low because I don't think I'm gonna use it. Rita from Belgium.

malinka
malinka

Sweet, smooth, buttery and warm. Rose, musk and vanilla is the perfect combination for a romantic evening. There is something bitterish about the scent, almost masculine - i'd say musk is of the darker, heavier side. Makes me want to smell it every now and then, sort of checking out the development of the scent. Should go great with silk / light cashmere, no-make-up make up and pastels.

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist in a different bottle and at a fraction of the price. ;)

idash
idash

very feminine.....elegant....perfect for evenings. Probably a beautiful day out in the woods or parks....lasts long as its a bit strong....the mandarin may be is the reason.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marks and Spencer Autograph New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Marks and Spencer Autograph New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Autograph New York by Marks and Spencer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Autograph New York by Marks and Spencer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.