Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Florentyna Marks and Spencer for women

Florentyna Marks and Spencer for women
dislike

soapy

Florentyna by Marks and Spencer is a Floral fragrance for women. Top note is gardenia; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and orange blossom; base note is musk.

Gardenia

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Orange Blossom

Musk

Florissa

Florentyna Fragrance Reviews

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is surprisingly good! I feel like I've smelled it before in my childhood. I agree it smells mature and classic, but it's also very sensuous, lush, heavy, romantic and nostalgic... unapologetically FLORAL, sweet and wet, with that vintage soap nuance that I adore...it transports me to another time and place...I get images in my mind of waking up in a majestic all-white bedroom in a mansion in Versailles...I get up and pull open the heavy luxuriant drapes to let the sunshine in, and I'm greeted with a glorious view of vast lush gardens blooming with flowers at sunrise. Ah! A must try for die-hard floral lovers or those craving for big vintage florals. I honestly don't know if I would be comfortable wearing it out in public because it's so heavy, but I'll give it a shot one of these days.

truffles
truffles

reborn, if you're looking for pure violet (or pure gardenia or orange blossom, as listed in the notes above), I wouldn't bother. Florentyna is a bit of a cheapy 'drugstore' blur. I'd even use the dreaded 'granny' word. To my nose anyway . . I've had Florentyna - seduced by some of the lovely packaging M&S used to do for it - and swiftly got rid. Looking at your profile, I'm guessing you wouldn't like Florentyna but hey, you're only going to know when it hits your nose! It's quite cheap so maybe go for it and you can always swap or give away if not for you.

reborn
reborn

can someone tell me in fact does it smell like violets or like white flowers,because i am looking for white flowers fragrance and i am wondering to buy this blind or not?I will appreciate your help!

doormouse1
doormouse1

Absolutely heavenly fragrance.

Maybe it's just that I adore these vintage-style florals, but to me they have a hundred times more depth and character than the sickly, vanilla-strawberry 'teen' scents that the market is flooded with at the moment.

Personally, I'd prefer to smell like flowers than a cake or packet of sweeties, thank you very much.

And I am NOT old.

Perhaps some of the 'old-lady' commentators below might like to revisit some of the perfumes they showered hatred on once they have grown up a little.

Wisdom comes with maturity, you know.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

This is my 'occasional' go-to. It's very much a comforting scent. It would be more comforting if it wasn't quite so bright and shouty. I have to really be in the right mood to wear it. But when I do, I can't stop sniffing my wrists. I adore soapy perfumes (not all the time, hence occasional wear) and this is the soap queen. It's Pat Phoenix herself. It's exactly how I imagine her to have smelled, back in the 1960's. Vintage, youthful, comforting, bright, lively. I really enjoy wearing this perfume and what a great price point! Marks & Spencers are a byword for quality and this doesn't disappoint. I want the White Flowers version next.

umsultan
umsultan

its strong. its overpowering. so always handle carefully. i am sure many of the reviewres who disliked this perfume cuz they sprayed alot, else why would marks and Spenser still produce this perfume line for years and years. i am sure it has a solid base or buyers . i have a hate love relationship with this perfume actually. i think it doesnt suit hot weather. so i wear this sometimes in winter after a hot bath. i spray on air and step forward cuz i dont want it to overwhelm me. it smells wonderful that way.

umtaleb
umtaleb

This scent is very, very overwhelming.

I barely got past taking off the cap, and barely escaped being swallowed alive.

Far too heady and indolic for me.

susanmsuk
susanmsuk

This is a good, long lasting perfume and excellent value for the price. Some have compared it to Florissa, others to EL Beautiful. I haven't smelled the latter recently, so don't know.

BTW, can we get out of the habit of calling classic floral fragrances 'old lady' or 'old woman'? My late mother smelled of lavender and that's a very good, clean smell to me.

amelia.neri
amelia.neri

I won this fragrance in a raffle, and im glad i did because I would NEVER buy this perfume. The only good feature is the bottle, i especially love the lid. Over all i would give this perfume a 4/10.

zerrin baydar
zerrin baydar

papatya gibi kokuyor bahar çiçeklerinden taze bir demet toplanmış miss gibi

Aquamarine20
Aquamarine20

يحوم التسبد شرته جويز بنت عمتي وشميته انا في المحل بغى ينطش راسي على الرف جويز كنه طيب مغاسل الله يصلحتس مره ثانيه اشتري الابيض بلاه زينه هو وغطاه اللي كنه ابجوره روحي اشتري سواروفسكي ابرك بلا بربسه قال بارد قال

siying.hong
siying.hong

heady and overpowering...not very flora-like.

pushya
pushya

Very heavy and grandmother style scent. It gives me a serious headache. I don't like it.

lisetteyuyu
lisetteyuyu

I love this fragrance it lasts way too long, just the way it should be

Jayne58
Jayne58

This may be a love it or hate it perfume, but used with a light hand it is a budget marvel. Very feminine, very floral, a little old-fashioned in character ... not like the dreaded old-lady, rather as if one was dressed up for an historical recreation or period drama.

Alanitoo
Alanitoo

I hate this, my sister got this, and to be honest it smells like pee, it just reminds me of dirty toilets , do not get this fragrance

petal49
petal49

I may almost be addicted to this although my sister thinks it smells like toilet cleaner!
It reminds me of sunshine after the rain in a sunny woodland glade,surrounded by the wild flowers exuding their perfume into the warm wind.
It is very long lasting with clean sparkling sillage just as if a Wood Nymph has passed your way.
Delightfully fresh for warm days - I just feel fabulous when I wear it.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I don't dislike it but my skin just don't work with this perfume. Maybe i am not old enought to wear it so with my chemestry is just not working, the fact is that i don't mind smelling it around me but i don't like it on me after 10 minutes of wearing it.

Elmo

This perfume is a classic. The fragrance itself is so recognizable and unique. It brings out the feminine side of a matured women. The smell is very lasting and its really worth it.

mystica
mystica

What an amazing find for such a price!
Florentyna smells just like a vintage floral. Something which my grandmother would have worn when she was young...
If you are into white florals definitely reccommended.
Applied with an easy hand it's not heavy at all. It's soft and creamy yet still quite detectable with a pleasant sillage and good longevity. The body cream also smells just as good.

elderflowers
elderflowers

My mother, normally a bit of a scent snob, has worn this on and off for years. To me, Florentyna is primarily a violet (not gardenia) perfume, on a white-flower background. Violets are usually considered quite dainty, but Florentyna is a massive purple people-eater, potent and long-lasting, with a sillage that announces you like an ionone fanfare from even a single spritz. Shrinking woodland nymphs should keep well clear of this one, as should anyone looking for an inoffensive work scent. Like most violet-heavy offerings, I love it to start with, and then find that it slowly drives me round the bend.

In a less dull bottle, and marketed by anyone but Marks and Spencer, this could easily be presented as a retro-inspired niche floral that just doesn't give a damn. It's the only perfume by M&S that I'm convinced is wholly their own creation, rather than an 'inspired by' dupe, or a rather undistinguished soliflore along the lines of 'Magnolia'. They really should have pre-empted Lush and called this lovely monster 'Gratuitous Violets'. A 30ml bottle is cheap to try, and will last even an enthusiast for ages.

rachelriley
rachelriley

I am a teenager and I love this perfume. Its heavy and addicting, like the perfumes Arabian women use.

Christian14596
Christian14596

This fragrance would most likely appeal to old people... its very heavy in floral and thats it. Sometimes its really overpowering but the lasting power is fantastic.. it stays on almost all day!

sama1966
sama1966

thus perfume makes you feel special, it is a heady floral fragrance and people forever comment on how lovely it smells

guest_Christine
guest_Christine

I have usedthis forover10 years, my daughteralways buysitfor me, everyone comments on it's beautiful smell and can't believe it's price. Please don't stop making it. PS I am not old either!

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

very very sweet and romantic creation, i bought it today from marks&spenser is one of my favourite and its only 17 euros but the smell is very rich and classic and gives the sense of ''something old'' like chanel 5. it reminds me pictures of 40s spring

guest_fe
guest_fe

my friend from UK came to visit us in the Philippines and she gave me this small bottle of perfume "florentyna" its really great, everybody loves its smell and it stays 24 hours....i love it but i dont think its available in Phils...:( i hope M&S will make it available here pleaaasseee!!!

I won a small box of Florentyna bath talc in Devon in a raffle when I was visiting there in 2003. It is the most heavenly fragrance ever - I have spent all these years searching for it and now I find it is alive and well on the Marks & Spencer website! Hallelujah! PLEASE M&S don't ever discontinue it - what about getting it to the USA?? Pretty please?? Lora

I think these reviews are crazy. this is a very feminine, floral perfume and it smells awesome. I am not old and get compliments all the time when I wear this stuff.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I was given this for my birthday, and I dont really like it very much. As an 18 year old teenage girl, it isnt what you'd really expect me to smell like! Suitable for older women I suppose, but i like the bottle, its quite sweet...:/

picuri82
picuri82

Increadibly strong and long lasting fragrance that I had to give away after the first use as it was sickly. Certainly aimed at more mature women totally unsuitable for under 35.

guest_julie
guest_julie

i wear this perfume and every body say what am wearing it smell good . perfume may smeel nice on oneperson and bad on other . . so please do not knock it

Durar
Durar

I don't know what the hell I was thinking of when I bought it :S That perfume seemed Like what My grandmother puts ... yeah perhaps it's good but not for teenager nor young Adults :S

Fragrance
Fragrance

Me 2 used to have this one... but after using a half of it ,gave it to my mom,
this carries a strong floral fragrance.
Too heavy for me....

miss_luna
miss_luna

I used to have it, but then realised that it makes me smell like an old woman. Very powerful perfume.

WardrobeMistress

I just remembered, it also reminds me of Floris Florissa, maybe that was what the maker had in mind when formulating it...

WardrobeMistress

This MIGHT have been reformulated since I bought my bottle, but this is my review of the one I have.

At first the alcohol is pretty overwhelming, but then...

The musk comes on strong here..from topnotes through to drydown. It's a very warm floral,and, although not listed in the notes, a heavy, dark red rose is the most dominant of the florals. Orange blossom and slightly spicy lily topnotes quickly dissipate, then its dark red rose and musk and dusty powder all the way down. There is something almost musty here, if you remember trying to make perfume from rose petals and water when you were a child, the smell of the petals as they start to go rotten and brown..that's what I am getting. This is a fragrance that lasts and lasts and lasts. 24 hours later the rose and musk is still most definately lingering in a powdery way. This is a VERY strong eau de toilette, and at a bargain basement price. Also availaible is a good range of bath and body products if you like to layer your fragrance.

As a fragrance in itself, this isn't really special enough to warrant a place on my dresser, but it's very evocative for me and reminds me of a certain time in my life, so for now, I will keep it at the back of the drawer.

Might be of interest if you like Creed's Spring Flower, but are on a tighter budget.

Florentyna by Marks and Spencer 3.18 out of 5 based on 76 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marks and Spencer Florentyna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Marks and Spencer Florentyna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Florentyna by Marks and Spencer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Florentyna by Marks and Spencer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.