Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Belara Mary Kay for women

Belara Mary Kay for women
dislike

Belara by Mary Kay is a Floral fragrance for women. Belara was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Claude Dir. Top notes are fig and lotus; middle notes are snowdrops and mimose; base notes are sandalwood and musk.

Fig Lotus

Snowdrops Mimose

Sandalwood Musk

Belara Fragrance Reviews

greeneyedsoul
greeneyedsoul

My very first perfume given to me by my very first boyfriend :) All I remember now is it was a very heady, mature scent. I was way too young to appreciate it!

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

Very delicious. It smells deep and womanly. One of my staples.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I have this scent in the rollerball variety, and I have to say that I really like it. I remember a girl at my work who came in smelling really clean and fresh and I asked her what she was wearing. She couldn't remember the name of it, but she said it was a marykay fragrance in a purple bottle. After a little searching, I figured this one had to be it. Upon letting it settle on my skin, i'm pretty sure this is the one she was wearing. In the rollerball form, it is light and airy and definitely a skin scent. But I do have to admit, I will probably need to get this in the spray because I like having the cloud of fragance around me!

Ayola83
Ayola83

I bought this perfume for my mother, who had this bottle given as a gift by a friend. We had to pack it up when we moved, and it got shattered in the moving box, despite us packing it well. So we were smelling that for about two weeks in our new house. Needless to say, I got sick of that really quick...but that was about 10 years ago. Smelled it yesterday and got a change of heart. It reminds me of a watery floral scented soap/fabric softener (didn't know it was the lotus flower). It doesn't offend many people and get comments on how nice it smells on me, so it can be worn everyday, at any time of the year, with whatever occasion I choose. I usually wear it at work, so it seems clearly casual to me, while Bella is a little flirty.

Katiepop
Katiepop

I really like this perfume. It's very simpleish but unique and inoffensive floral. but it's strong so no need to overspray. you could wear this to a funeral or to anything else really. it's elegant and respectable and kind of classic smelling. you will like if you enjoy florals

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I got found a new in box bottle of this at a garage sale. Judging from he nozzle I was sure I would hate this. So I put it away in my closet. Then I came across another full bottle at a thrift store. It was dirty but I cleaned it up. It was just too cheap to not buy. I got brave and tried it on my skin. At first spray I thought it was way too strong, but to my surprise it mellowed out after a bit. I'm not sure if it is plum like some others mentioned, or what it is, but this mellows out to a pretty nice scent. It's strong on me. But I LOVE that because so many perfumes are just weak anymore. Back when I started wearing perfume in the early/mid 80's a perfume was strong enough to be smelled by not just yourself. Today so many scents are just skin scents. Why bother. If someone has to put their nose on you to smell you, no thanks. I want to leave a slight trail. I admire that on others. I've even tracked a lady down to ask what she was wearing because it left such a nice scent trail. This perfume I'm hoping does that. I'm enjoying it way more than I ever expected to.

mimila
mimila

I'm of the generation that wore the (sadly) discontinued Mary Kay perfumes of old. Acapella and Gengi were two I wore faithfully. I found a small bottle of Belara at a swap meet and I now have a new love that happily can be ordered with ease. The fig note is my favorite. My Mom loved to eat the figs that grew in our back yard and it was my job to harvest them for her. This last week both of my children had graduations and I officially became an empty nester.(Tear)I wore Belara to both functions and it allowed me to feel close to my Mother in a way that only sense memory can. It feels both new and old fashioned which makes it perfect for a vintage loving gal like myself. It can be loud and it lasts, so spray accordingly. The bottle is a beauty and looks fabulous amongst my many scented loves. Mary Kay Reps generally have samples so you can try before you make the committment.

xoxoRosita
xoxoRosita

Very hypnotic, the fruits in this perfume are extremely ripe and the balm really does wrap it all up into a nice balance between an office or night out scent. It definitely reminds me of what you'd expect from a Calvin Klein perfume; very mysterious, very feminine and sexy but not at all musky.

Latice
Latice

This is the first fragrance I loved. I was a schoolgirl and tasted it when my aunt bought it. I was hugging the bottle and dreaming - when I grow up and start making money I spend my first coins on this one. And I did, my first salary (not very big) was spent on this perfume. And till these days when I try it, it still smells like a dream to me.

P.S.: I was mistaken though, always though that there is lilac in it.

nananessa
nananessa

I stumbled on Belara & Bella both a few days ago while out rambling around at yard sales & shops. As I was driving on a state road outside of a neighboring town, a large bag of Vidalia Onions was sitting next to a hand painted sign heralding it's price, right next to the road. Behind it sat what looked like an ancient cinder-blocked gas station with a very old coat of what was once white paint. The door was open & I could see a few women inside that looked to be in their mid 30s, sitting around a table & drinking coffee. I asked if I could come in when I saw an old magicmarker sign that said "Mark Kay" posted obscurely on the corner of the building & they invited me in. What a treasure-trove jackpot it was for this ole fragrance lover!

A former Mary Kay lady had quit the business & was selling out of all of her inventory, her personal toiletries & even some very old Avon products from her prior Avon Lady days. She had 2 bottles of this for $6.00 each & when I smelled one, I knew I had to have both. Actually, I bought all the women's frags she sold! She filled a cardboard egg-crate shipping box full of scents for under $40.00 & that is a winner on my fixed-income budget!

For me, it opens with a very lovely, spring-fresh scent of lotus blossom, blueberry & what smells distinctly as honeysuckle. Its a beautiful opening on my skin, which lasts about 20 minutes. As it begins to bridge to the heart, the lotus & blueberry are still fairly strong, with the tuberose beginning to awaken somewhat softly. There is just the softest touch of fig, but not too much to make it more fruity for me. This lasted about 2 hours. As it enters the drydown, it has softened to a clean-powdery lotus & sandalwood blend with only the lightest hint of tuberose & musk. It is such a lovely fragrance! It lasts very well, about 6 hours, has good sillage & smells very much like a classic floral type, with white flowers, woodsy, fruity, powdery, musk. It doesn't seem as intense to me as some reviews posted here but then again, I'm so fond of some of THE MOST INTENSIVE perfumes in my use history! I apply heavy-handedly & have to remind myself constantly not everyone likes to soak in smelly-goods like I do. Moderation has never been my forte.

This smells classic, very unoffensive, a good all seasons & all purpose fragrance. I can see how some would adopt this for a signature scent.

I love the design of this bottle, too! The lovely colors it brings adds more interest on my dresser covered with all sorts of bottles. The bottle feels good in the hand & it sprays easily.

I love this one! What a find!!! It goes to show that when out looking for fragrances in shops, etc., that by only stopping & entering some places that would seem like the most unlikely place to hide such treasures (Sign said "Vidalia Onions" !!!!) can often turn out to be the best places. Be open to all sorts of "shops" because we never know unless we inquire!!! I have actually found some great steals at an old mom & pop BOOK store!?!
Books! Onions!.....led to hidden nuggets of perfume gold.

sarage
sarage

I bought Belara about 7 years ago, and used less than half of the bottle.

First of all, the bottle and its colors are beautiful.
But I find many Mary Kay perfumes too strong for my taste.
They have good sillage and good longevity, they are no cheapos.

I loved the fig and blueberry in Belara - but there was something too much for me, maybe the tuberose?
I felt like I'd have to be a rich lady wearing a long furcoat - instead of who I really am. :) So it isn't really for me but I do think Belara is a fine perfume. There were many, who wanted to buy my bottle!

mollerwife
mollerwife

I bought a 3/4 used bottle of Belara perfume at a antique store for $8.00. I didn't know who the perfume was by. I went home and googled it and found out it was by Mary Kay. I like it, it smells good, but a little goes a long way. It is better after a couple of hours on and it has become not as strong as when you first apply it. I would possibly buy it again if it was on sale. I don't know if I would pay over $20.00 for a bottle. This might date me... but back in the 70's there was a cheap perfume called "Skinny Dip", I think Belara reminds me of the smell of that perfume. Anyone out there remembers "Skinny Dip" perfume and feels the same??? Give me a shout out.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

My mom has this and we both can't stand it (she never wears it but I smelled it one time)...it just smells like flowers to me...I WISH I could smell the blueberry and fig!

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

In my opinion, Belara is the best thing Mary Kay has made since a classic it discontinued many years ago, Acapella. I know of Acapella since it was my mother's signature perfume in 1989-early 90s. My dad said that I exist thanks to him reacting to that perfume lol. I don't know how to describe this. To my nose this is fig, blueberry, and the clean freshness of lotus. Musk is there to keep it from being too fresh and give it some sass. Its silage becomes angelic almost. I feel like I'm flying through clouds and smelling the world below. The fresh and vibrant bounty of mother nature. I also think that this is missing something, like a reviewer before me stated. And I think that missing quotient is "edge". Something to keep from being too "safe". More dimension and personality to give it soul. A great spring fragrance, and I think, becoming on all ages.

artsymom
artsymom

This perfume smells EXACTLY like a mix of Calvin Klein's perfumes: 2 parts Escape and 1 part Eternity. It's not terrible, but lacks something. I was really hoping to smell some fruit in this, but I smell nothing but sharp florals and soap. Unless I got a bad sample, fruit should NOT be listed in the notes for this one!

madhatter1
madhatter1

I would wear again, fresh fruity nice.

guest_dani
guest_dani

yes it is fantastic! i love bellara! y buy this always

this is my favorite perfume.i has given as a Val gift by my boyfriend in 2005 and i used occasionally cos it ws rlly special and i got enough compliments from people.and lasted for so long.and i rlly havn't gotten anoda one since then.

guest_BelaraFan
guest_BelaraFan

This is the only perfume I wear. Many compliments on the scent and am told by people that are usually offended by strong perfumes that my perfume (Belara) is a nice scent that is not overpowering.

brightelena
brightelena

I like this perfume. I had it about four years ago, and wore it once in a while. That time boyfriend, love it on me. It is not the best scent because it may be overpowering for some people, but if sprayed moderately , it smells nice.

guest_brightelena
guest_brightelena

I had this perfume a while ago, and the guy who I was seeing , loved it, he always complemented the way I smelled. It is too strong at first, but once it settles it smell amazing.

falovalo
falovalo

Softly floral and musky. I think anyone who is a fan of floral fragrances would like this. Nothing new, but nice.

gucci
gucci

it's beautiful and classic very soft i like it

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a very clean scent. Picture a getting out of the steamy shower after you used all of your yummy shampoo and body wash, and wrap yourself in a delicious fresh from the dryer towel. It may not be for quite young girls. Its not like any other scent I have smelled. I noticed mostly tuberose and very light sandalwood. Not heavy at all.

Lisa
Lisa

I first smell Bella Belara in a girlfriend that sells Mary Kay and I told her I want a bootle, she bring it along with an special edition (fot the purse)of the Belara and after I tryed both perfumes on me, I liked so much better the Belara one. It is strong a the first but later a peacefull,discret, sensual aroma stays on my skin. I like it very much and wear it for the office (every day). It is more appropieted for the night, but helps a lot to have the feeling that a romantic afteroon ia about to begin soon.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

this was given to me as a gift by a friend who hated my usual perfume. to me, it smells like clean laundry. of course, clean laundry is nice, but from a perfume i want more. i spray it on my carpets and sheets sometimes though.

sealprincess
sealprincess

I like this perfume, I don't think it's one I would buy again. It's a good anytime scent. It's not overpowering. A nice floral fragrance. Have smelt better, though

guest_blaze69303
guest_blaze69303

this is the most amazing smell ive smelt on a girl since lucky you for her!

Belara by Mary Kay 3.88 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mary Kay Belara fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mary Kay Belara, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Belara by Mary Kay. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Belara by Mary Kay represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.