Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Elige Mary Kay for women

Elige Mary Kay for women
dislike

Elige by Mary Kay is a Floral fragrance for women. Elige was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Etienne Bouckaert. Top notes are peony, cyclamen, lily and freesia; middle notes are tuberose, mandarin orange, jasmine, marigold and ylang-ylang; base notes are white pepper, sandalwood, patchouli, orris root and mahogany.

Peony Cyclamen Lily Freesia

Heartbreaker by Jenna

Elige Fragrance Reviews

Niya
Niya

Very floral. maybe a little too floral for my tastes but it's a nice enough frag. It's pretty special coz my aunt gave it to me as a birthday present. Scent-wise tho? It's just so-so

Tovah
Tovah

I was gifted a bottle of this many years ago by a student whose mother sold Mary Kay cosmetics. I thought this scent was gorgeous. It was a very spicy floral that was perfect for warming up cold gloomy days. At first I thought the name seemed awfully grim for a perfume (an "elegy" is a mournful lament), or just odd; "elige" is the Spanish word for "the elected", from the verb "elegir" (to choose). This fragrance is sophisticated and elegant with lots of pepper and incense.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

My grandmother use to wear this. I just love it and I will be ordering mine online.

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

I just wanted to forwarn you ladies who are planing to buy in bulk, since it's discontinued... IT TURNS easily, had my bottle for 4 years (velocity to)...noticed a change in it 2 yrs later.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

tenho esse perfume adoro muito parecido cm o Royality Boticario sendo que o Elige é mais agressivo já o Royality é mais suave...amooooooooooo os dois.. <3

yettb
yettb

This smells like honey to me - honey on toast in the morning outside when the jasmine is in bloom so I guess it is a sweet fresh floral to me and the bit of spice in it makes the sweetness honey-like It stays close to the skin on me and that makes it easy to wear and it lasts pretty well even on my dry skin

cynthia.rehn
cynthia.rehn

@elusiveshoe Id gladly take the bottle lol

i love this scent, its the one of the few good memories of my mother.

elusiveshoe
elusiveshoe

I ended up with a 80% full bottle of this via my mother-in-law. It was her signature scent, but she got the spray button stuck (which was a 2 second fix).

It is a nice floral, but seems a bit heavy on the powdery/incense scent to me. (I am a mortician, though, it is possible my nose is broken from all the chemicals I deal with.)

It just may be my memory of how she wore it (you could smell her from across the room), but it is not my cup of tea. If anyone would like my bottle, I would be happy to send it along.

Update: Sorry for the delay in updating this, I have been away to work and just too tired to get online in the evenings when I do get home. After a recent visit from my mother-in-law, she decided to take her beloved scent back home with her since I had fixed the spray button. Thank you for the interest in it, and I'm sorry it has taken so long in getting a response out of me. Cheers!

nananessa
nananessa

I really like this soft, unoffensive floral. It doesn't have very strong base notes on me but just the soft blend of florals. A good all-purpose floral.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

This is a nice elegant fragrance and it lasts for the price.

naheed
naheed

Such an elegant scent! It smells wonderful, the beginning is a bit incensy which I love it very much. But just after the incensy feel, floral notes start setting in with all its glory which feels soft,sweet and lady like. The dry down is rich with a hint of spicy pepper note and a little powdery.

On the whole, a nice company and very feminine scent. Love it!

guest_ro
guest_ro

yo mquiero saber donde puedo conseguir el catalogo o comprar el perfume elige. soy de bs.as. capital federal

Faith17
Faith17

For years I have been buying this perfume on and off. I still can't seem to get over it. Its wonderful and stands between Givenchy "Hot Couture", Dior "J'adore" and Hugo "Deep Red". So if you like any of those, you'll like this one as well.

codythomas
codythomas

This is the second in the Mary Kay line of fine fragrances. It has the charm of being elegant and fresh at the same time. I'm a somewhat rare lover of orris root and this scent uses it very diplomatically. It's wearable anytime, anyplace. My heart breaks that they would discontinue such a delightful scent. Stock up!!! Write your Congressperson!!!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I love this scent although it sits in my bathroom cabinet, I almost forgot I had this scent until someone I know was waring it and I told her she smelled so nice. Oh my gosh, I was surprised that it was Elige. This is a nice somewhat crisp and fruity floral. Sits real nice on about anyone I would think. Like tessture said Its perfect almost anywhere. I really do like this scent though.

My tea party scent. A light, delicate floral with no sharp edges or odd notes. It is not a statement maker, nor is it loud. perfect for office, casual wear or a daytime date.

Elige by Mary Kay 4.02 out of 5 based on 67 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mary Kay Elige fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mary Kay Elige, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elige by Mary Kay. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elige by Mary Kay represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.