Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Velocity Mary Kay for women

Velocity Mary Kay for women
dislike

tropical

Velocity by Mary Kay is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. Top notes are banana, flowers, orchid and mangosteen; middle notes are clementine and rhododendron; base notes are blackberry and woody notes.

Banana Flowers Orchid Mangosteen

Clementine Rhododendron

Blackberry Woody Notes

Clinique Happy
Pretty Eau de Cologne

Velocity Fragrance Reviews

tobiernotobie
tobiernotobie

It is a beautiful scent! I cannot stand floral scents they give me migraines so I love fruity scents and this is one I love! If you click on Rodrigo Flores Roux name highlighted in green you will learn he was the person who put this scent together and he also put together the scent of Clinique Happy and it will give you a list of all the other perfumes/colognes he has put together

Miss.Tara
Miss.Tara

I feel like this is trying to be like Clinique's Happy and falls short. It was too sporty for me. Citrus is one of my favorite scents and I this left much to be desired.

angelleew
angelleew

Funny, on me it smells just like my Tommy Freedom for Her. I was so relieved that I found a "new" source of a favorite scent,that will not break the bank. People with latex sensitivities are also sensitive to bananas--perhaps that is the problem some people are having with this formulation? It is heavy, then scent is overpowering as a spray, but the roll-on is much easier to contain. If you loved Freedom, try a roll on of Velocity.

judyahn
judyahn

absolutely horrible....the banana sweetness conquers your nose then the following citrus attacks every part of olfactory senses.. very offensive little fragrance. not even good as a room spray.

izooi
izooi

I remember when Mary Kay introduced this in the early 2000's, it was supposed to be a younger scent marketed at the 16 to 18 age group. More teeny bopper than young sophisticated woman.

I can't say I like the scent at all, it's HORRIBLE. It's one of those scents that a lot of ladies wear that are old enough to know better, yet are determined to wear it anyway. The smell is sharp, cloying, and lasts too long.
Supposedly it has notes of madarin and bannana in it, but all I detect is this sweet, cloying, sharpness that gives me a migraine.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Here is my history with this perfume. I bought it blind off of Ebay. I was so put off by the strong overly ripened banana note that I did not even want to try it on. Between baking banana bread for school bakes sales every other week (so it seemed) and spooning mashed bananas into the moving target in the high chair, I had enough with bananas already!

I tried to pass it off to friends but nobody wants a perfume that comes with a warning. So up on the shelf it went.

My baby girl is long out of the high chair. The world around is the target now. How she loves to explore! And she is very good at moving things and climbing on them to get what is out of reach.

How appropriate that my little monkey found the bananas. She sprayed it before I could take it away.

Really, not so bad as an air freshener at least. There was a bamboo note that emerged that was ...interesting. Hmmm. Ok,maybe it deserves a second chance, I thought.

So I am wearing it now and...I don't hate it. With summer approaching so many tropical scents are coming out. This one is tropical without being cliche. No coconuts,pineapple or margaritas with little umbrellas here. Banana with fresh cut bamboo. Unusual. I don't bake during the hot summer and everyone is on solids. I may learn to really like it.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I wore this in college. It is a clean citrus, an everyday scent for a younger crowd. I agree that there's nothing particularly special to it, but just being clean and non-offensive.

bruby
bruby

I bought this again after 10 years from the first time I had it as a gift. I loved it then and love it now. It is fresh, citrusy, floral, happy and gives me energy. I would stay with the nose in the bottle all day if I could! I don't smell any banana, just freshness and flowers.

metallarissa
metallarissa

LOVE this scent. It's light, sporty, energizing, and citrusy. Definitely a day scent, because the smell is remiscent of a walk on a brisk, Spring day while eating a tangerine. The clementine notes are dominant throughout the life of the perfume, and the scent in general is fruity and young.

The only downside is the lasting power: I wish it lasted longer. This is a common problem with Mary Kay and Avon scents: they're cheaper pricewise but also cheaply made. Expect to spritz on Velocity a few times throughout the day.

It's definitely a more young, vibrant day scent made for an active woman, similar to Adidas sport-type perfumes.

yettb
yettb

mild like banana orange smoothie very close to skin smoother than most citrus to me light and fresh soft and a bit sweet very wearable

elise.bayer
elise.bayer

Nice alternative for people who don't like floral scents. It used to be my favorite scent when I was in middle school, but even now I still use it sometimes. It's very refreshing/energizing.

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

This one's a little bit less sweet than Clinique's Happy, but in this case, it's a good thing. If I want a citrus scent that's not quite so peppy, I wear this one, it's a bit more subtle.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Fresh and fun fragrance. It doesnt last long but its a cheap dupe of Clinique happy.

sadie2006plo
sadie2006plo

I had used this in like 9th grade a friend had it for after gym class and I loved it, so I finally this week got my very own bottle, and it is every bit as fantastic as I remember! It is very citrus fruity, clean and rich smelling! it is very springy type, for daytime!! In my opinion this is a definite must have for spring/summer! and for the price, you cannot beat it!!

Congeniality
Congeniality

Such a rubbish, who dares to to compare it to Clinique Happy?

Thunderbird
Thunderbird

I love this fragrance. It's light, fun and flirty. As every fragrance I love, I stocked up just "in case".

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

I Really Love This Fragrance I Have 5 Bottles of It! i Always get A Compliment on it!

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

Sharp, youthful, sporty, sweet, bananay, unique, and I daresay, elegant! When I first got this, I didn't even bother using it because it smelled so sharp and green in the bottle. However, upon recently giving it another chance, I noticed that it works very well with my skin. Sharpness gone, comes an exotic almost floral fruity scent that gently stays close to the skin, I cannot stop sniffing my wrist!

Top Notes:

-Aromadendron

Base Notes:
-Balsawood Tree Blossoms

Velocity by Mary Kay 3.45 out of 5 based on 110 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mary Kay Velocity fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Mary Kay Velocity, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Velocity by Mary Kay. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Velocity by Mary Kay represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.