Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson for women
dislike

yellow floral
cinnamon
Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson for women Pictures Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson for women Pictures Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson for women Pictures

Matthew Williamson is a signature fragrance introduced in 2005. It was created in cooperation with the perfumer Clement Gavarry. The composition greets you with bergamot, lime, neroli, ginger and cardamom. The heart follows with jasmine, orris root, ylang-ylang, rose and gardenia, while the base brings Madagascar vanilla, cinnamon and heliotrope. It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP, along with body care products, and is a winner of FiFi 2006 award for the best commercial campaign.

Lime Ginger Neroli Bergamot Cardamom

Gardenia Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Cinnamon Heliotrope Madagascar Vanilla

Matthew Williamson Fragrance Reviews

miss mills
miss mills

I was gifted this rather beautiful large bottle of MW yesterday by a wonderfully generous (Angel wearing) colleague who knows I love perfumes! What a doll! I wore it to work today and was complimented several times on my fragrance by different people.

This is in a similar vein to Amarige to me but much lighter and less spiced. I would have sworn it was a fruity floral, I don't get any vanilla but now after wearing for a day, I understand the oriental part - it is the opening which deceives with a massive burst of lime, gardenia and jasmine which quickly (& I mean quickly, like 5 mins or like walking straight into a flower shop, then out again) drops down to something light and imminently work and daytime friendly and highly inoffensive.

I am potty about gardenia so this bottle will get a good workout with me but will definitely be relegated to the "safe" zone in my perfume drawer! After wearing Cinnabar, I cannot detect more than an aldehydic hint of cinnamon in this fragrance, which is fine by me - nothing can (or ever will, I suspect) replace Cinnabar for cinnamon perfumes for me!

Patricia84
Patricia84

Finished my last bottle a couple of weeks ago. Such a shame this has been discontinued. It was a very classy and classic fragrance.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is very floral with a fresh spicy edge, a lot of lime and ginger. Gardenia too strong for me though.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I just got a sample of this, its quite nice. The initial blast is not brilliant but as it dried down I started to really enjoy it. Not sure if I'd purchase it but it is a lovely everyday perfume. Reminds me a bit of Amarige d'Givenchy

delphine67
delphine67

I bought this one coz I love the bottle and packaging. On paperstroke it smellt plessant, but once on skin it smellt so chemical.Didnt liked it at all

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I was disappointed with this after the unique collection - this is mainstream and boring. I can't remember what I didn't like about it, but I gave it away to a friend who didn't like it either!!

sky76sky
sky76sky

A big (yet soft), tropical, creamy, white floral scent paying tribute to the beautiful gardenia flower!

Amarige M went on holiday to a beautiful luxury beach resort to relax. She had massages every day with exotic oils & enjoyed the vast array of intoxicating white flowers that grew on the terrace. She drank fresh lime & ginger cocktails stirred with a cinnamon stick. At night she rubbed in a creamy gardenia & vanilla body souffle & fell asleep with a smile on her deepest, softest heliotrope bed. Her dreams were filled with sugar & spice & all things nice.

I struggle to enjoy big, ballsy white florals but this is rather lovely & quite luxe-beach-babe. It may have the olfactory equivalent of everything bar the kitchen sink but it is not at all "synthetic" & will be a crowd-pleaser for summer.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This may be soft and not too sweet-but it is dreadfully synthetic. The opening is fresh, lovely, and I stop liking the scent within 15-30 min. The florals are a good combination, but they leave the kind of strange chemical taste in the mouth when I inhale deeply. Enough synthetic florientals already.......

I wore it one day and liked it, tried it again another day, and I felt irritated by the fake quality. I will try it again, to try to identify how long the cinnamon lasts, and figure out how long it takes to dry down. I was so put off last time I didn't try to further nasally understand this scent.

essija
essija

I love how the floral stays so true to smell and the Cinnamon is to die for! Actual cinnamon. Unlike anything else I have ever sniffed. I really think this is well done.

Princess
Princess

I bought this reading a beautiful description made me curious. But I did not like it:( Very weird fragrance, made me sick. Sorry, the packaging was so beautiful. Would make a great gift, adults maybe?

suemaxster
suemaxster

I agree this is a beautiful fragrance. It is, in my opinion, not a perfume for someone very young, although it is not an "old lady" smell.

It is a lovely warm and quite alluring scent, and perfect for a romantic evening.

You can usually get this perfume for a very reasonable price.

CaraMia
CaraMia

This one is a dream, a tropical dream without the typical coconut tropical thing going on.

Somehow the spices combine with the jasmine (sambac?) and turn very beachy and beautiful. I never would have guessed the number of spices in this one, elegantly blended and crafted.

I bought my bottle for a song at a discounter, but I probably would have paid more for this lovely scent.

guest_joshi
guest_joshi

I agree I would put it in my top 5 for women!!!!!

elena1m
elena1m

Beautiful fragrance. I found many negative reviews, but I do not agree. It is very soft, and unfolds into a very interesting fragrance. I love the gardinia in it. I don't find that the frutiness is long lasting.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Matthew Williamson Matthew Williamson, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Matthew Williamson by Matthew Williamson. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Matthew Williamson by Matthew Williamson represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.