Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

M Moi Mauboussin for women

M Moi Mauboussin for women
dislike

M Moi Mauboussin for women Pictures M Moi Mauboussin for women Pictures

M Moi by Mauboussin is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. M Moi was launched in 2007. Top notes are white currant, ivy, gentiana and wildflowers; middle notes are orange blossom, narcissus and ambrette (musk mallow); base notes are musk, cashmere wood and white amber.

White Currant Ivy Gentiana Wildflowers

Orange Blossom Narcissus Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Musk Cashmere Wood White Amber

Les Saisons Été
Brilliant White Diamonds
Sparkling White Diamonds
Sirene

M Moi Fragrance Reviews

Soutty123
Soutty123

A very ethereal fragrance. I get the references to wildflowers blowing in the breeze. It's a scent that's noticeable yet hard to capture. I think it's quite beautiful. There's something about it that is so evocative yet I can't quite recall what memories it's calling up. There's something ghostly about it. I think it's superb.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I just received it from my dear Friend here on Fragrantica and I'm totally fascinated - it's such a "northern" smell! It reminds me a lot of wild flowers of our meadows - not sweet but fresh, herbal, aromatic but somehow delicate... The white currant note is hard but possible to detect, especially if you've ever eaten these wonderful tiny fruits:) Eventually the bitter orange blossom note emerges and remains - which turns the vibe of this perfume into a less geographically limited one, actually it begins to reach further to the south, at least to the Mediterranean. I'm enjoying it a lot, but you must definitely give it a chance and allow it to develop well on your skin, even use a bit too much of it just to enjoy it to the fullest.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

This is a really light delicate white floral that I love, love, love. It's like a summer fling though, because as passionately in love with it as I am, it never lasts very long (which is heart breaking)

odie
odie

A very light fragrance. I can't identify any of the notes though but it is a delicate waft I must say and reminds me of a wildflower field swaying lightly in the breeze, full of feeling but never overpowering in speech.

The bottle and the cute play on words are very appealing to me. For non-French speakers: the letter 'm' is homophonic with the word 'aime', so this title translates (when spoken): Love me.

Why is the bottle so awesome? Well, in addition to being solid, symmetrical, and smooth, it spins like a top when turned! So even in the twenty-first century paper-free office (which therefore has no need for paperweights), this bottle deserves to be left out within ready reach to be fondled and twirled.

Unfortunately, the juice inside is not nearly so appealing. Do tulips even have a smell? No, I think not. I can certainly attest that these tulips are abstract and empirically indistinguishable to my nose from peony, probably my least favorite floral note. Saffron, on the other hand, is one of my favorite perfumery notes. Alas, I do not smell it here amidst the blanket of white-noise, abstract "flowers". To me, this is a very generic peony frag like a hundred others, some of which I have swapped away.

The good news is that M Moi does not feature the rendition of peony which makes me sick. The bad news is that my beautiful bottle of this mediocre juice will in likelihood remain full. Why would I reach for this perfume, when nearly anything else in my collection is better?

Oh well, I'll leave it out on display and cross my fingers that the purple color does not turn brown or fade away!

mahadewi
mahadewi

This reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Lotus, although it doesn't appear to share a lot of the same notes it has a similar smell and vibe to me. I think M Moi Mauboussin is slightly stronger and probably longer lasting though. I don't love or hate it, it's not the type of perfume I would normally choose but I found it for a super cheap price so thought I would give it a go. This would suit people who like conservative and subtle perfumes it would also be good to wear to work.

Bandit
Bandit

Actually this one and Emotion Divine is the proof, that I don't get the fragantica crowd and probably am living on a different planet:

M Moi is awful. To my nose it stinks and all I have read about Emotion Divine fits the bill on this one for me.

It's sharp, nauseating and smells really cheap. I would never ever wanted to smell like M Moi. Especially not during the day, when I'm conscious. It reminds me of CK Truth in a very bad variation. But everybody seems to like/love this little stinker?!

Emotion Divine on the other hand, which gets so much hate here, is pretty and nice, a very special gourmand, really outstanding.

guest_Nikki
guest_Nikki

I had the chance of receiving a sample of Moi and I like it. Elegant.

Amarilla
Amarilla

M Moi brings out fragile feminity in a sophisticated, elegant bottle.
Uncomplicated but not at all boring, I rather find it special in a wearable way.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

I fell for it soon after it was released, just with the first test maybe attracted by my favourite orange blossom note. It is light, airy, delicate. After a year or so I can state that for me the scent is reflection of pure femininity, just basic pure without any admixture. The scent is relatively neutral without any claim or special message. Once I read in a review that there is a kind of new-born freshness about it. Yes, I agree. I find it special and got the second bottle.

P.S. Luca Turin called it "ectoplasmic floral", love the definition. :)

guest_amanda
guest_amanda

i tried this one but i couldnt really smell it. it has a very watery and weak and light smell. but that means that you can be wrong about it:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mauboussin M Moi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mauboussin M Moi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify M Moi by Mauboussin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of M Moi by Mauboussin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.