Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

4711 Nouveau Cologne Maurer & Wirtz for women and men

4711 Nouveau Cologne Maurer & Wirtz for women and men
dislike

4711 Nouveau Cologne Maurer & Wirtz for women and men Pictures

4711 Nouveau Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance, 4711 Nouveau Cologne was launched in 2011. Top notes are yuzu, black currant and litchi; middle notes are geranium, heliotrope and peony; base notes are musk, sandalwood and tonka bean.

Yuzu Black Currant Litchi

Geranium Heliotrope Peony

Musk Sandalwood Tonka Bean

4711 Nouveau Cologne Fragrance Reviews

KaseyC
KaseyC

This one is absolutely beautiful.

It's a happy juice. It's refreshing and delightful. It's like a bottle of lemonade. It's also like a vacation in Hawaii... and I hear someone playing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" with an ukulele.

Bearbearina
Bearbearina

I've been wearing 4711 (original) and 4711 Ice on-and-off all my life (it was my dad's scent and, being a daddy's girl, I would sneak some) so I was very excited to try 4711 Nouveau as I thought it would be a more feminine version of the classic. I bought a bottle blindly and am sorely disappointed. It smells nothing like the original (or the Ice version). What I liked about the original 4711 and Ice is that it is very light, unobtrusive, and refreshing in that citrusy-leafy way. Nouveau is a very floral scent with a bit of fruity undertones. Its very sweet and, in the hot, summer months, can be cloying.
I will wait to see how this performs in the colder time of year. Maybe it won't be as cloying and the floral scent will be more appealing but for now, its the ugly triplet in my 4711 collection. Will stick to the original and Ice for now.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I tried this fragrance once, while on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised. It smells fresh, as if you were in a pear garden. Nice bouquet for little money.

kwika
kwika

I love wearing it to bed <3 Fresh & calming

Nessy
Nessy

The original 4711 was my mom's only "perfume" when she was just a teen.
Now I'm a 24 years old girl/young woman, with many scents, but the original is my special favorite. I don't wear it, but I adore it, respect their long history. That is an icon, an elemental tool in many household.
But the world is changes, the scent is changes too. It's simple.
The Nouveau Cologne is a great successor of the old one.
Luxurios bottle and box, sophisticated and modern scent, but cheap enough to buy by everyone.
On my skin is fruity and refreshing with zesty citrus notes, on my boyfriend it's just yuzu and wood, but in a good way. Lovely and easy, a true well being cologne.:)
Highly recommended!

ginger68
ginger68

It's the young girl of the classical one. I feel a natural litchi that gives the fragrance a sparkling aura.
Easy to wear everytime heavy or complex fragrances are too much. And sometimes I need a pretty and light, bright and happy fragrance that makes me feel free and smiling.

miss misty
miss misty

I recently bought this after testing it just for fun when I was shopping with a friend. Here in Germany the classic 4711 is considered to be the epitome of "out of fashion". Don't get me wrong, I personally love the classic 'cause it was the only scent my grandmother every owned.
This one opens very modern fresh, sour and fruity, I mostly get the black currant and yuzu in the top. Soon it becomes powdery and slighty woody without being sweet or loosing the freshness. It stays like that till the dry down with just a bit more of musk, I don't detect much flowers. The staying power is quite good for a cologne, about 4 hours on my skin and it has moderate sillage. Overall I find it very refreshing but also quite soothing, I even can wear it with a headache.
I also like the bottle very much. You immediately recognize it as 4711 but with an updated touch.
So if you are looking for an everyday easy to wear summer frag that is very affordable give it a chance and overcome your prejudices towards the "old lady" 4711.

kisherceg
kisherceg

Found Nouveau some days ago on sale in DM.
I was curious this new edition since I've read about it here.
I can say it's a pleasant surprise for me despite it's not a revolutionary new scent-conception.
Was afraid that new 4711 is too feminine because of the flower notes...and I've found Nouveau in the women's section :D
But I tested it together with a female fellow and she also said it was really unisex to her nose.
I tried it on my skin not on paper. The first 20-30 minutes remembered me Kenzo L'eau par Homme, surely because of the strong yuzu accord. Then slowly transformed (to my nose) close to CK One but Nouveau much softer with peony and heliotrope. I almost couldn't detect blackcurrant at first in it while geranium and litchi is very natural for me mixed with a light sandalwood note. Guys don't have to fear of smelling too feminine way if they try to wear it :)
My final decision was to buy it. Very fresh and clear and clean scent is this new edition of 4711.
Sillage and lasting power is somewhere around the average. Price is very reasonable. A very good option will be for the hot summer days (but not now in beginning of the winter).

sweefa
sweefa

If you like good old Gio or Omnia Crystalline you should give this new 4711 a try (and save lots of money). It is a very light and refreshing scent for the hot summer days. Starts sparkling grapefruity and settles unsweet powdery with some reserved vanilla near skin. Unisex for sure. For me (just me) a little bit too much on the male side. The longevity is VERY good for such an airy scent. I sprayed a bit on my arm this morning and now (after my evening shower) I still can smell that powder base) Will people ever understand that a perfume is not "gone" when the notes start to develop or the sillage doesn't kill everybody around? *sigh*
Well, thats not really my type of fragrance but here in Germany it seems to be a new bestseller and - regarding the value for money - deservedly so.

I tested it on my skin today again. Before I only tested it on paper. On my skin comes out a bit of the classic 4711, but not much. Also it turns out to be completely sweet and not so fruity anymore on my skin. It's like a cheap, too sweet version of 4711. I can only recommend it to young girls. The lasting power is not so good either, but it's very cheap and available in drugstores over here.

gesch
gesch

This is the modern take-on.Though I'm sure this one won't gather the classic-status of its forebearer, I find this quite pleasant and a worthy addition.

That is to say: I like litchi, I find peony, heliotrope very nice, heck I find all the notes pleasant in this scent-so one may say I'm biased ;)

But it is by no means a common fruity-floral, it is quite refreshing (therefore it's doing its job), has a slightly geranium for not becoming immature (can't see teens wearing it, though fragrance shouldn't have any age...) and first of all. It's quite natural smelling.

Beside the slight geranium, litchi, peony,yuzu and musk are distinctive notes here.Tonka and heliotrope are subdued enough so that it doesn't become sweet-ish.

I enjoy testing it right now, and would recommend this to all lovers of noa perle, cacharel. It doesn't stay as long, and is only slightly similar, but if you like that, this will be good too.

This doesn't have much to do with the classic anymore. It's a floral fruity that is quite nice, but there are many others out there like this one. It's not as sharp or masculine as the original.

4711 Nouveau Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz 4.04 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Nouveau Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Nouveau Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 4711 Nouveau Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 4711 Nouveau Cologne by Maurer & Wirtz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.