Designers » M » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Nonchalance Maurer & Wirtz for women

Nonchalance Maurer & Wirtz for women
dislike

aldehydic

It is important to mention this fragrance, which is a true classic of this house. It has been on market since 1960, created in a floral – aldehydes composition. Timeless, in a classical elegant bottle and a blue stopper and box, this fragrance opens with aldehydes, fresh green notes and delicious raspberry. The heart is composed of floral waves of geranium, jasmine, violet, lily-of-the-valley, rose and orrisroot. The base caresses with cedar notes, amber and oakmoss, along with sensuous musk, balmy warm sandalwood and Tonka bean. Nonchalance is available as 30 and 50 ml EDP, 50 and 100 ml EDT and the collection of deodorants, baths...

Aldehydes Green Leaves Raspberry

Violet Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette

Nonchalance Fragrance Reviews

passionata20
passionata20

05. august 2013

Today i was going through my perfume collection, i was sorting ones i would like to out up for sale and i have found another 2 very vintage bottles of "Nonchalance". I used to have another vintage bottle of EDT but i have finished it already. Now there are 2 bottles of vintage EDC (eau de cologne) that are probably not even from the 80ś but much earlier. One atomizer was nearly empty (gosh i hate those under pressure vintage atomizers, they loose a lot of fragrance over the time by simply evaporating) and the sprayer wasn´t working so i decided to finish it and broke the atomizer and spilled it over myself.

Well, what can i say.... i have such a mixed feelings about this fragrance. YEs, i can clearly see why a lot of people name it "granny" scent, because it indeed has that "old lady" quality of perfume we all aware of. And don´t get me started about "labels", there are "teenager" and there are "granny" scents. So this one is typical granny scent. But unlike some other perfumes labeled "granny" in somewhat offensive or bad way i see this a "granny" scent in a good way. This is a scent from the past that lingers the sweetes memories of beloved grandmothers (some mothers even). The elegant or the messed-up, the lady or the housewife, no matter at all. Those are grandmothers that we loved or someone maybe disliked. It´s not a fragrances fault that this scent was typical and probably affordable back then (some day younger generation of fragranticans will probably write about classic Poison by Dior that this smells like granny/old lady, since yes, a lot of someones mothers of grandmothers used to wear it in the 80ś). This is not a problem if it smells in someones memory as an old lady, because this scent is very femalish, just not by todays standards. BAck then i guess it was quite trendy, since it was very popular and nobody would dare to call it "granny fragrance". Just feminine. Simple as it is. The vintage i am useing has no powder note actually unlike some of other reviewers noted. It has that oily soapy violet feeling.

I see one reviewer posted a note that the notes are different on official website, but i guess it is for the modern version. I have a vintage and i can clearly smell the fragrance according to the notes posted by Fragrantica admins. When you compare the notes of Fragrantica and posted by MiZZpuRRfect you see the clear difference and that´s not in a fragrances favour i guess. Yes, it is floral-aldehydic-bit soapy-bit spicy with a strong oakmoss note. I am positivly sure the notes are correct for vintage one: aldehydes - check, oakmoss - check, rose- check, LOTV - check, violet (a strong one BTW)- check, geranium- check. It is a wonderful, soft, feminine timeless fragrance that needs to be appreciated.
I find it a bit sad one, a quiet one (not in a way of sillage, but the general impression). It is quite relaxing and comforting. You can freely wear it for yourself, but i understand that girls under 30 probably wouldn´t appreciate it at all. I used to dislike it, i didn´t understand it, i still think it has that "old-lady" style but in a way i have explained earlier, through the memories attached. But to me when i wear it i feel like my much beloved grandma, who has passed away, is nearby and i feel safe and calm.

It is not a bad or ugly fragrance at all. One just needs right time and mind condition to understand it. Can be worn any season, any occasion. Truly.

P.S. i think that even if your grandmother wasn´t wearing such type of the fragrance, it still has a smell of her place, all the smells of kitchen, cupboard, wardrode, old sofas, all mixed up together - this is "Nonchalance" to me. :)

P:P.S Maurer+Wirtz has really many great fragrances from the past which are not in database (such a shame). They are mostly cheap (with some exceptions) but loved by many (probably mostly in Europe, since it is not so famous outside Germany). Many treasures of german perfume industry are waiting to be discovered.

skipster
skipster

My late mother-in-law wore this. I liked her. I did not like her perfume. Enough said.

I.I
I.I

It has a zero lasting power. Light, subtle and complitely inoffensive scent. I agree that it is old fashioned, not feminine or sexy at all, but as it is very light and powdery it can be still worn. Suitable for all ages (not to say more suitable for young teens).

ADD
Actually I agree with Mizzpurfect.
There is a distinctive vanilla note.

ONLY for old ladies, if at all :) My grandmother likes it. But I cannot really recommend it to anyone, I have to say.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

those notes listed are COMPLETALY WRONG!

the real notes stated on the official website of mäurer & wirz are:

---- top: Bergamotte - Lemon - Coriander - Rose - Neroli - Aldehyde

---- heart: Jasmin - Violet - Iris - Orangeblossom

---- base: Vanille - Sandalwood - Ambre - Labdanum

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

Nostalgic and modern at the same time, I stole a lot of dabs from my mother's bottle as a teenager, and I still love this uncomplicated yet refined scent.

I first discovered Nonchalance in my teens and have worn no other scent since then. It works with my body chemistry and gives a lovely, spice-ily floral fragrance that is like no other. I've received countless compliments over the years and still absolutely love it. Also, Maurer & Wirtz is a wonderful company, sending me a complimentary bottle nearly 30 years ago when I sent a request to buy directly from the company (they were unable to sell internationally at that time). LOVE it & them!

Nonchalance by Maurer & Wirtz 2.78 out of 5 based on 32 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maurer & Wirtz Nonchalance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Maurer & Wirtz Nonchalance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nonchalance by Maurer & Wirtz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nonchalance by Maurer & Wirtz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.