Designers » M » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men

Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men
dislike

Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures Tabac Original Maurer & Wirtz for men Pictures

"TABAC ORIGINAL is a turning point in the history of German masters of perfumery and one of the most successful fragrances in Germany since its launch in 1959! Its 55th anniversary is the right time for a new look," according to the house of Maurer & Wirtz. The new design accompanies the tradition of the original first flacon by introducing new, modern elements and deep and relief watermark on top of cardboard box as well as new logo. The bottle maintains the shape of the characteristic (original) amphora accompanied with new details. This way, the house celebrates tradition, history and originality by promising long-lasting quality known for years.

The new look is rejuvenated by clear and more expressive logo Tabac Original in the central part of the cult amphora, while the cap is replaced with a new one, with a high quality matte finishing touch. The flacon is highlighted with a large surface in white color, which contributes to accentuating the cosmetic look. Starting from July, Tabac Original has been replaced with the new edition which retained the original composition!

Top notes of Tabac Original provide a tart, sparkling and refreshing blend of such notes as petit-grain, bergamot, neroli, lemon and pepper. The heart encompasses aromatic flavors of lavender, chamomile, geranium and oak tree absolute. The base is composed of carnation, sandalwood, vetiver, musk and hot amber.

The new edition from 2014 is accompanied by a new advertising campaign which includes promo poster and a dynamic video clip to be presented later. The message of the new campaign is: "You are original."

Petitgrain Neroli Bergamot Lemon Pepper

Lavender Geranium Chamomile Oak

Carnation Sandalwood Vetiver Musk Amber

Tabac Original Fragrance Reviews

raiza1990
raiza1990

The first spray was really repulsive, but later it got better. It turned into an inoffensive earthy freshness. A bit dated, but not necessarily bad...

Sillage and longevity are disappointing, but considering the smell i am not really sad.

Nitrib
Nitrib

I got edt version, it's lovely. The opening smells similar to a lot of oldschool soapy-citrusy-floral fragrances. At the mid it gets more deep, smoky quality. Still floral, but can already detect woody character. Drydown - vetiver, sandalwood dominates on my skin, with light musk and probably ambergris.
Not so woody as i expected, but still very, very nice and quality fragrance for bargain price. Good longevity, average sillage.
8/10 overall.

fraenky
fraenky

I use the whole tabac line for grooming. I love it!

Down here in Germany we have often special offers on some of their products and so I spend around 30 Euro for nearly their complete line* and I must say that it can easily compete with Designer and most Nische products in regard of quality. I mostly wear it on laid back sundays, when i take a nice shower in the morning and take a lot of time for a nice shave and grooming. It has this relaxing quality. When i am done with grooming I brew a nice quality Darjeeling or good Coffee. It is a bit oldschool, but more timeless than oldmanish, I myself with my 24 never mind wearing it in public but I like it mostly wearing around the house...

The smell to my nose: is a dry, a bit powdery (ambery) sandalwood scent. I think the chamomille in combination with the sandalwood give it this relaxing quality.

I prefer the After shave over the Edt. because the Edt. has some sharp edge to it which doesn´t fit the occasions I wear it mostly. On the other hand i think that this sharp edge make this scent interesting and totally signature scent worthy.

If you use some products of their line combined (for example: Shower Gel, Deostick, Natural Spray (for layering), After Shave and Edt.) the performance is great too.

*shower gel, shaving cream and soap, edt., after shave, cologne, deostick, natural deospray

marciasek
marciasek

Piahellgren I totally agree. My mother wore Tabac Original herself some 40 years ago - and it worked very well for her .

piahellgren
piahellgren

I am not going into detail with notes on this one, but just say that ANY woman who wants to smell clean can use this! And of course any man, but since its aimed at men I find it important to mention that any woman that´s into smelling bright, clean, newly showered should take a look at this instead of using those dreadful Clean- scents. THIS, my friends, is clean, just lathered, perky at that. My man cannot use his Santal Majusucle or Narciso for Men at work, so every morning he wakes me up smelling from this- it´s the cleanest ever! Totally unisex.

I like this refreshing traditional smell.
I am not familiar with Tabac, actually never smelled before. I don't have memories of it.
I just found a bottle on discount shelf in a perfume store and it looked exactly like the picture in a white opaque bottle, so I guess it's the 2014 edition.
I was curious so I sprayed on a paper and in the air. Oh, nice. It smells like your grandpa in a good way, traditional, clean, comforting, like an acquainted taste since childhood and yet nobody wore nor knew Tabac around me, as far as I know. I like the initial blast of citrus and flowers, similar to a classic eau de cologne, then the dry basenotes that smell a little like trees.
Not something that I would wear on myself, not even on my bf, but it makes me think of woods in the mountains, fireplace, clean air and a friendly Lumberjack :-)

RobbieX
RobbieX

I love Tabac products. The Cologne, I think, is the best version.

Just want to say a word about the soap, GORGEOUS!

renzo
renzo

Great quality products ! So many designer fragrances only survive for one or two years and get discontinued; instead TABAC keeps on going.. I use every day the showergel and soap,lovely odeur and smooth, excellent quality..Although I have more than 300 fragrances (designer, niche), I still am attracted to TABAC.. This is cult !

North12
North12

My grandfather wore this. I remember seeing a bottle in the bathroom mirror cupboard years after he had died, together with an ancient Gillette shaving set. My grandmother never got rid of it.

You could think getting your granddad's cologne a tad risky - then again, my other grandfather wore Azzaro pour Homme, which has become my favourite.

Tabac, to my nose, is what you'd want to put on if you like smelling freshly washed all day long. Plus a few notes extra, just for kicks.

It starts off with a tech-age blast of alcohol. You'll think first off that it's this stuff they cleaned satellite parts with, or something like that.

But this fades quickly to make way for a simple and very straightforward smell that won't offend, will make you feel good and, in this reviewer's opinion, is ideal for outdoors.

Especially when hanging out with a crowd that's less into fragrances than you are.

I have the ever so slight suspicion that it was created as a competitor to other smells - like two dozen Dunhills a day and a good amount of booze, for instance...

But bottom line, I think this is an uncomplicated fragrance that can still be worn today. Try it out - it costs near to nothing anyway.

MUST8936
MUST8936

Great for winter!

Ravinderpalsinghsethi
Ravinderpalsinghsethi

A tabac original when i ordered it from ringabell.in i was thinking of having a great experience in using this. The smell is original but their is some lack of fragrance probably the new deodorant and spray.

Stormstryk
Stormstryk

I ordered this as a sample vial since it seemed as though this would be an intriguing sent that would appeal to my tastes. perhaps something happened in the shipping or I am tired, but I am having a great deal of difficulty detecting any of the notes that are listed for this scent. the top notes were offensively powdery and even a little chemical to my nose. I didn't use very much of the sample, but it is all but gone two hours later and I'm having a great deal of difficulty detecting anything from the heart or base.there was some sort of vaguely woody or fougere scent that lingered for a bit before I disappeared, but I think I'm going to have to try a much heavier application of this to get any chance of smelling what this is actually like.

hopefully I'll have some sort of an update next time I'm brave enough to actually try this. However, I received a rather large selection of samples today and I don't think I'm going to come back to this scent before I played with the items that I'm more excited about first.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tabac Original by Maurer & Wirtz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tabac Original by Maurer & Wirtz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.