Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic Max Azria for women

BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic Max Azria for women
dislike

tropical

The first fragrance of the BCBG Max Azria line from the Max Azria designer is launched in 2011. Proud of the success of the debut, the design team and perfumer Stephen Nilsen worked on a new flanker BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic under the new license of Elizabeth Arden.

Bon Chic means "good style" in French and it also represents the first two letters in the BCBG label. The scent, more sensual and sweeter than its predecessor, opens with ultra fruity wave of black raspberry, mango and Asian pear. The heart is floral with notes of pink peony, violet and orange blossom. The base is soft and warm, made of soft woods, vanilla and cashmere musk.

Itl is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic was launched in 2012.

Mango Pear Raspberry

Violet Pink Peony Orange Blossom

Woody Notes Vanilla Cashmere Musk

Live Luxe
Lollipop Bling Honey

BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic Fragrance Reviews

ChristopherK21
ChristopherK21

Smelled this today in my local Marshalls store, and while I do think it's a gorgeous scent, with a pretty bottle, I was left feeling dissapointed because it smelled EXACTLY like another perfume that I already own, which is Mariah Carey's Lollipop Bling Honey perfume! Like side by side, they smelled SO CLOSE to one another! And the funny thing is, they both are in similarly colored yellow bottles! I paid about 20 dollars cheaper for my Honey perfume too, so I was not about to spend way more money for something similar in my opinion!

Definitely not a bad fragrance, pretty bottle, and will keep it in mind for the future! :) Just not what I am looking for right now!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A gorgeous pear-melon-peony fusion. There's an underlying warmth/woodiness that reminds me of Tresor as woodiness underlines peach in Tresor. Pear is at the forefront of this fragrance, in a gorgeous and clear way.

This may be a fruity floral but it doesn't feel like an overdone formula. Maybe I feel that way because of the freshness and beauty of the balance.

arenee92
arenee92

I blind bought this and I loooove this. Honestly on the verge of being obsessed with it. This is the more mature version of the original. It's fruity and fun without being like "hey, I just spilled fruit punch all over me!"

Definitely fruit-heavy, but the vanilla, musk, and peony balance it out enough to make it smell sophisticated and not too young. It's fun, sexy, and flirty. It has a moderate silage, but it definitely isn't overwhelming. It kind of makes you wanna lean in to get a better whiff. Totally wearable all year round. I seriously just cannot get enough of this. A must have for me! :)

lepalm
lepalm

I tested this one when it first came out and the only thing that stuck in my memory was that I got compliments from my husband when I got home. Good enough for me. ;-) So when I saw it in a discount store a couple of weeks ago for a fraction of the original price, I grabbed it. It's not one of my favorites but it is one I will probably use a lot this summer. It is light and inoffensive, perfect for work.

joan100
joan100

I smelt this today at the department store while it was on sale and about to be discontinued. It immediatly reminded me of 3 fragrances. The first is Ralph Laurens Ralph (blue bottle), Heiress by Paris Hilton (unavaible in my country) and Live Luxe by JLo (also discontinued in my country) but I would say this is a bit more sophisticated than those 3. So for those of you who in the UK who have outgrown Ralph then hurry up and grab this before it runs out!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just got this yesterday, and am wearing it for the first time today. I really like this on me. My husband surprised me with it, because he knew I'd liked it when I smelled it in the store. It's a lighter scent, but I can still smell it. It seems to have average longevity and sillage. The bottle is really pretty too, even though the cap is a little awkward and hard to remove. I also like the first version in the pink bottle, and will probably get that too, but this was my favorite of the two I tested. I found mine much cheaper than at Macys, I got mine from Marshalls for 25.00 while it runs about 65.00 at Macys and Younkers. This one is going to get lots of summer wear.

Jennifer1974
Jennifer1974

I'm wearing this one right now. I just smelled it a few days ago at the mall. I liked it upon first spray. I couldn't get it out of my mind, so I went back and bought it today. It's definitely a spring/summer scent. At the very beginning, once it's sprayed, it smells sweet... but then that goes away pretty quickly. The main thing I pick up on is a lemon zest, but there are no notes of lemon in it. So I think what I'm smelling is the pear and orange blossom. It smells citrusy and zesty, so that makes it a very good summer scent.

The smell lasted on me several hours. Yeah, I think this is something that I could wear every day. It's kind of peppy... the color yellow suits it. It definitely smells like perfume. I mean, it doesn't scream "I'm perfume!!!", but it's not the softest scent I've ever smelled. I could see me wearing it to a back yard barbeque, fourth of July summer get-together. It's the kind of scent that would lift your spirits.

Yeah, I like it. I'm glad I bought it and I will continue to wear it.

Flowercat
Flowercat

This perfume exemplifies how different every scent can be on each individual! How diverse these reviews are! In my case Bon Chic is a winner. Love the pretty, delicate pear opening that settles daintily into a very feminine, sweet, powdery magic. After sampling in the store, I later was delighted to find myself inhaling the beautiful soft sweetness that I realized was ME as I continued shopping. I went back and got the last bottle which included a roller, yay! It harmonizes with my chemistry just perfectly for my taste, which should be noted is that of a forever girly-girl who adores soft powdery sweetness in fragrances.

carolinedb
carolinedb

It's a fairly generic fruity floral. It's unoffensive, pretty, and light. Considering you can get it for $30 for 3.4 oz, though, I'd say it's a good deal and a good one to give teens and tweens since you can't really go overboard with it.

Layzie
Layzie

The fruity opening of Bon Chic is beautiful! This was the sales associate's favourite perfume, and I understood why. Of everything she sent my way, this was the one that kept my attention. I loved the fresh and slightly sweet scent in the beginning. The florals come into play a bit later, but they remain soft and ancillary. The vanilla, musk, and wood remain at the base, maintaining the smoothness of the overall fragrance. It's simple and delicious! I picture a woman with a radiant smile and a matching personality with this one.

OlgaW007
OlgaW007

I bought this perfume recently after I tried it in the store. What can I say - nice, but to simple. I like more rich perfume.
What it reminded me is body mist - wild flowers. Maybe it would be good for teenager girl but not for me - feel too cheap.

diana_vikki
diana_vikki

I tried this scent when i first started working in the women's fragrance department and immediately fell in love with it! It's fruity and girly. It lasts long and once it dries down it gets a softer tone to it. Definitely love this!!!

anapardo81
anapardo81

I really like it. It actually has pretty good lasting power. Though it's fruity, it doesn't annoy me like many other fragrances of the sort out there. It's a soft & elegant even though it's fruity. I feel like it's good for any age. In my opinion it's not as sweet & cloying as many other perfumes with similar notes.

andabri
andabri

Very light sweet nondescript tropical fragrance. If I had to compare it to another scent, it smells slightly similar to Escada RockinRio if it was incredibly watered down, and Escada scents are already as light as body splashes.

Am I wrong for expecting more from BCBG? I'm actually not wild about their apparel, but they do make some interesting footwear and jewelry. Why then are the fragrances so boring?
This is a juicy pear and not too sweet raspberry. I almost wish the raspberry was of the loud, offensive, bubblegum variety so that I could have some sort of feeling about this fragrance other than "yeah, whatever".

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

This smells like a slightly softer, slighty sweeter version of J Lo Live Luxe. Floral sour cherry. I imagine some won't be able to tell the difference. I like this bottle a bit better.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Light, sweet pears and nectarine that nicely mellows out to a comforting tropical vanilla. I keep this in my purse for a pick-me-up. Quite yummy!

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

bon chic is a fresh fruity perfume.
it reminds me of a mixture of paris hilton's - paris hilton and live luxe- by j-lo with a kick of freshness added in there.
this is a nice summer fragrance.
fun and fresh.

katoy4
katoy4

As others have said this does not seem to last long on the skin, but I bought the full bottle because it lingers a long time on my hair, unlike many other perfumes. It is fresh and sweet, and I like getting that burst of tropical scent from my hair during the day. It does remind me of the Escada perfumes but those have NO staying power on me whatsoever. I'm very happy with my purchase as the price online is relatively low.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

It was nice on paper, at first. I could detect the mango but then it turned into a shampoo like scent. I'll pass.

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

It's all about body chemistry and personal taste. Also, the season influences the smell of this perfume as well. This smells delightful on me. It is clean and fresh with a bit of soft/warm powderiness, which I love. I absolutely love the drydown as it mingles with my chemistry as the fruity notes fade and the woodsy oriental notes come out to round out this beautiful scent.

I was surprised to find it on sale at Marshall's for $24.99 because I've been wanting this scent for a long time, and I am glad I can add it to my collection of my perfumes. The bottle is gorgeous on my dresser.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I sprayed this on my arm and at first is was quite alcohol smelling and sharp. Then it calmed a bit and morphed into... an exact duplicate of Bath & Body Work's Carried Away! I do like that smell, but for the money I would expect something a bit more complex. The dry-down does usher in a bit more complexity; it is still very much like Carried Away, but the white florals poke through a little more, rounding out the fragrance nicely. Over all, Bon Chic is a pleasant fragrance, and since I got the bottle at my local discount retailer I'd say the price I paid was worth the risk on this blind buy (especially considering the bottle, which I think is a nice little collector's item). I will use it this spring and summer. I definitely would not pay full price for this, however, and am unlikely to purchase again.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This reminds me of RL Ralph - however this is not as sparkling as Ralph. On me it is a soapy floral fruity. Not too sweet though. I smell peony first then pear then violet - maybe a hint of musk. To me this is actually quite heavier on the floral side - however it does have a fresh feel. It is considerably different from the original. Notably less sweet, smooth, and lacking the romantic feel that the original has. This definitely does give off a "shampoo" vibe. The main accords above include "tropical" - in my opinion this is not tropical at all. It is a clean and pretty floral fragrance, but lacking much uniqueness. If you like peony and soapy fruity florals(or would like a more floral version of Ralph) you might like to give this a try.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

If anyone wants this, I'm willing to swap for something, or sell it. I've the gift set, that's barley been used 98% full.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I'm so sad to say that I probably have to agree with everyone on this. It smells amazing for about 60 seconds. Fresh, ripe, juicy fruit, but not too sweet or cloying. And then it fades :( And all you are left with is the smell of the bubbles coming from your hair as you lather up with Garnier Fructis. Fresh, fruity, shampoo. Boring! And yes, it does remind me of Paris Hilton! But it kinda reminds me of Paris Hilton Heiress, not Paris Hilton the original. Well, it's a shame since the first BCBG fragrance is AMAZING!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Still smelling my arm 3 hours later, I say definately this in a good way -
I say too that Bon Chic on me out lasted the pink original BCBG.
Sort of close to yellow diamond, more potent friuts at first drydown now a little
powdery in a soft not overpowering way. Wish the rollerball was out right now, $55
is not what I want to spend, yet.

Puppypaws
Puppypaws

Easily one of the best flowery and fruity perfumes on the market. Bought it today at Dillard's and received a free gold BCBG overnight tote with the purchase! It does NOT smell cheap, powdery, or overly sweet. If you're looking for a wonderful daytime scent, this is it!

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I smelled this in a magazine advert and it was lovely so of course I had to test this out at Sephora when I checked out the notes on this page. (Don't ever trust those adverts by the way as the same thing happened with Signorina.)
Anyway, in person this didn't turn out great at all. As others commented, this just smells cheap and dries down to this unpleasant synthetic smell even on the paper strip. I see this as a teeny-bopper scent for wannabee grown-ups. Disappointing.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a really pretty bottle, and I wish I could love the scent, too, but I do not. It is not unpleasant by any means, but it is cloyingly sweet and fruity to my nose. Not the way I want to smell. It reminds me far too much of a fabric softener sheet unfortunately.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Beautiful scent, love the bottle too! It is true though (someone mentions below) that the first few minutes are just amazing, mango fruit awesomeness, and later it starts being more soapy. I still like it A LOT though, better than the first one. Absolutely great for the upcoming spring!

celebrity89
celebrity89

As if Escada Sunset Heat and Paris Hilton are not bad enough, why on earth remake these? And for more money!

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Smells like a cheap scent...I agree that this does smell like the Paris Hilton scent...or maybe an escada one. Either way, this scent is too expensive for what it is. I like the original one far better.

vigdaly
vigdaly

It smells amazing!!

Sweetgirlie8
Sweetgirlie8

I went to Macy's and tested out a lot of fragrance samples and out of all of them this was one of my favorites. It was kinda fruity but mostly sweet and fresh and girly. I don't know how many times i sniffed that sample, got kinda high from it, that's how good it smelled. I'm defiantly buying a bottle soon. The bottle is also really cute:)!

secretcrush
secretcrush

I was excited when I saw the tester but when I actually sniffed my wrist I was less than thrilled... I wasnt bad in any way it just had been done a million times b4, it definitely has an Escada summer juice vibe to it which we all know can get boring... I did appreciate its pear zest in the opening... I may buy a bottle, from Marshalls sumtime next spring lol :)

meowmeowrawr
meowmeowrawr

Two words: Fruit explosion. About an hour later it smelled like powdry gummy bears.

sweetgirl

THIS DOES NOT SMELL CLOSE TO VERSACE YELLOW DIAMONDS..I OWN THAT...THATS SUNNY SUNFLOWER YELLOW FRESH..THIS IS PARIS HILTON TYPE SCENT.

sweetgirl

I had high hopes for this and wanted to sniff something unique...ITS VS SEXY LIL THINGS...REMAKE..SAD! NICE AND FRESH AT FIRST...DRYSDOWN PRETTY CHEAP FLORAL. ALSO, CAN SMELL LIKE PARIS HILTON SCENT.

jonr951

I like this one! Maybe even more than the original. Fruity sweet, not too sweet, and fresh compared to the strawberry and cream original. I LOVE the yellow bottle! I would definitely happily accept this one as a gift but I don't know if I need to get myself a bottle. It's nice but I'm sure everyone has smelled a fruity scent like this a million times before. : )

Ok, it smells like Escada Sunset Heat. Nice bottle, but I really won't be needing it. : )

natluvly
natluvly

I was in Sephora the other day and smelled the first fragrance from BCBG in the pink bottle and did not expect much but I was a bit surprised it actually smelled decent. So I would like to smell this one because I like the bottle a bit better and have been interested in trying some fragrances with a violet note and I already love peony and orange blossom...This sounds promising and I love the name!!

jonr951

I REALLY want this just for that beautiful YELLOW bottle! Gimme gimme now! : )

BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic by Max Azria 3.89 out of 5 based on 146 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Max Azria BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Max Azria BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic by Max Azria. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic by Max Azria represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.