Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre Max Azria for women

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre Max Azria for women
dislike

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre Max Azria for women Pictures

Seductive, mysterious and intriguing, new fragrance BCBG Max Azria was introduced in August 2013 in a purple flacon shaped like pale pink BCBG Max Azria from 2011 and light yellow BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic from 2012. The perfume was inspired by urban rock woman who prefers expressive feminine and bold fragrant notes.

Top notes of the new fragrance BCBG MAX AZRIA BON GENRE accentuate accords of litchi and red berries spiced with black pepper and refreshed with bergamot. The heart provides a blend of black jasmine, tuberose, tiger orchid and cardamom, resting on hot amber, Australian sandalwood, patchouli and black vanilla.

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre can be obtained as 50 and 100ml Eau de Parfum.

Litchi Red Berries Bergamot Black Pepper

Tuberose Jasmine Orchid Cardamom

Amber Vanilla Patchouli Sandalwood

Rock Princess
Diesel Zero Plus Feminine

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre Fragrance Reviews

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

This scent has a lovely sweet and peppery opening. Nothing harsh or overwhelming.

Mid notes are a beautiful blend of soft white floral and light powder.

The development to base vanilla/amber is smooth and deeper than expected.

I get no 'wow factor' from this scent ... but I do find it a comfortable and easy wear :)

L: Moderate
S: Moderate

melpomeni
melpomeni

Perhaps the strongest contender in BCBG Max Azria line, Bon Genre is not as floral as the original nor as fruity as Bon Chic but instead fills that sweet alluring in between spot of slight spice and sweetness. It's a playful fragrance suitable for night or day and a step up from typical fruity florals marketed to teens and for young women. So far I'm enjoying it but we'll see if it beats out Bon Chic as my fave BCBG Max Azria fragrance.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Excellent mix between berries, patchouli and vanilla. The berries keep it sweet enough for young wearers but the patchouli gives it that grown up vibe for more experienced wearers. Vanilla - who doesn't love it? I don't like cardamom so there must be so little of it as I cannot detect it nor can I sniff tuberose. This is sweet vanillic berries. Its strong point is its longevity.

One spray on me
Sillage: a foot
Longevity: 3-4 hours

Dara813
Dara813

I smelled this awhile back in the BCBG store and thought it was rather pleasant. I forgot about it after some time but saw a 3.4oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $19.99 so I just had to. I'm glad I did because this is quite lovely. At first I get a lot of the red berries and black pepper...but after about 20 minutes it settles down into a lovely light vanilla orchid with some litchi infused with a little berry and patchouli. The longevity is decent too, I would say around 6 hours before it fades. I also got a compliment on it the minute someone smelled it at my daughter's school! She said it "smells like a beautiful fall day" I think her description is actually quite fitting.

candaceaj
candaceaj

At first spray I didnt like it but now that I've had it on for a few hours I'm really loveing it. it's much "darker" than the other two BCBG Max perfumes. I can see myself wearing this on a date or during the fall.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Very similar to Halle Berry Reveal The Passion. Creamy and sweet.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

A very unique fragrance that inspire me in each and every moment. The notes are coming up one by one and don't dissapoint me in any way! I really love this! It is spicy, warm, woody and floral in the same time. A great creation indeed!

JaiTee
JaiTee

"Urban rock women" this scent is not.

The opening is very sweet and smells like Taiwanese lychee bubble tea drinks.

It then fades away to a mellow creature that smells of hand lotion and floral/green soaps. It's a little floral, a little fruity, a little spicy -- perhaps enough to please everybody. It's that kind of earnest, congenial scent.

It's a quiet perfume for early mornings, walking the dog or going to the market for errands. Bon Genre is subtle, inoffensive, wears close to skin and lasts a couple hours. More of an appetizer scent, rather than the main course.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Some perfumes have screechy openings that one must endure to enjoy the beauty of the perfume. Others are the opposite. Their opening is absolutely delicious and the rest is downhill from there.
Not so with BCBG Max Azria bon genre. From beginning to end, there is a consistency of delightful notes that your olfactory senses will appreciate. This dark purple flacon is third in the series and as the color implies, it is the most serious of the three.
Bon genre is not a run of the mill scent, altho it’s not ground-breaking, either. But it can be addictive. What I do especially enjoy about it are the co-mingled notes that effortlessly create a mild sophistication for this perfume. The key words here are mild. Bon genre is subtle. It’s elegance is low-key. It’s sensuality is there, but certainly not in a banal sense. It’s powdery seductiveness borders more on an earthiness that weaves in and out with its components of woods, spices, cardamom, pepper and musk. Its florals, too, are mild and almost indistinct. Eventually a sweetness can be found since litchi and jasmine are also present. Vanilla and patchouli finish this fragrance off quite nicely with patchouli taking a sweeter lead over the woods. Altho berries are listed in the notes, I didn’t sense any.
Bon genre lasts a good few hours with close to the skin sillage. Its one of those scents that just when you think its gone, it bounces back. This is perfect for an office scent, dinner party, somewhere where you’d like to wear a fragrance close to your skin rather than have the fragrance wear you.
For the price of $19.99 that I paid at a major discount department store, I’m happy to wear this season-less perfume. It wears beautifully for hours without re-applying and I really do love the sweet woods and vanilla mix. It’s rather addicting.

dkny27
dkny27

I get red berries but something more sour than sweet. I absolutely love litchi in a fragrance but it seems to be overpowered by the sweet sour berry and woody cardamom and patchouli.
Based on the notes and description, I was head over heels but once on me, not a keeper. Very reminiscent of Beyoncé Heat Elixir which again is nice but very heady.... Definitely one to test before buying...

carissaaurora
carissaaurora

A lot of fruity perfumes end up being way too cloying on my skin. This has just enough spicy and floral to balance it out that it ends up working very well. The jasmine and the tuberose are really nice. It also has really great staying power for a sweeter perfume. At the end of the day, you're left with a nice light warm vanilla.

almarie

So I finally saw this at Macy's today and I it's not what I thought it would be. I do like it, but I thought it might be more like True Religion's Love,Hope & Denim scent- meaning more gourmand and sweet. I really get a lot of patchouli, and it's not as sweet as I thought it would be. That said, I didn't purchase it but now I'm smelling my wrist and wishing that I had bought it! It's weird because even though it's not what I had thought it would smell like, I actually like the dry down on this. I may be purchasing this in the future.

em.caroline.9
em.caroline.9

just tested this today and its perfect. i am completely in love with it! it wears in a warm spicy and almost tropical way on my skin and is completely addicting. i cant stop sniffing it.

Looking at the notes, I was eager to receive my bottle, I thought it would be a real interesting soft oriental....well it is very sweet. I was thinking Viva la Juicy sweet, mixed with Beyonce Heat, not much patchouli. The orchid and spiciness very watered down too...it is more interesting than the first two, it is a warmer scent, but really, this has been done before many times. Nice. But I am not too impressed. The drydown is nice, smooth, warm..but the interesting notes seem to be drowned in the overdone sweetness. Lots of black vanilla and amber, no litchi or floral notes I can detect at all...maybe a hint of jasmine...not sure what this is supposed to smell like

KelseyRaven
KelseyRaven

I tested this at Belk and it is such a beautiful fragrance! It has the right amount of spice, fruitiness, and still a classic white floral.

Sweetgirlie8
Sweetgirlie8

Very excited to test this out. Such a pretty bottle:)!

almarie

I am excited to hear that BCBG is launching a new fragrance! I love both of their previous ones and I am hopeful this one will also be amazing!

BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre by Max Azria 3.65 out of 5 based on 89 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Max Azria BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Max Azria BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre by Max Azria. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BCBG Max Azria Bon Genre by Max Azria represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.