Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Epris Max Factor for women

Epris Max Factor for women

Epris Max Factor for women Videos
Epris Max Factor for women Pictures

Max Factor Epris was launched in 1981. It is a provocative fragrance advertised by Jaclyn Smith. It is a chypre - floral composition.

Floral Notes oak moss

Epris Fragrance Reviews

From the mere moment of reading about this bad boy, I felt a kindred spirit towards this scent in my heart, and when I received it amidst several other vintage scents in an acquired lot of fragrances, and smelled it - the super tiny, mushroom-capped perfume with chocolatey-wine liquid - I was smitten. A SMITTEN KITTEN. It's mossy, sweet, *RICH*, earthy, yet somehow damp and light and wet, greeny, delicious, it's so 70's, it's spicy, I'm sure it's lost the top notes that were a fine flossy appeal in its heydey, but like with most fragrances I've begun to hunt down like Indiana Jones with a whip-like fierceness, I really DGAF about what's lost - I love the depth and the deep, sinewy, sexy accords that have been brewing. I smell this one and even though it's sweeter than this scene would pray tell, I keep seeing a foggy, moss-tree-covered forest with ferns and about 30 feet of visibility. What? Yes. I love this one tremendously and don't even want to convince you guys that much because I DON'T want you to go out and buy the bottles and leave LESS for ME so THERE. DISLIKE THIS ONE PLEASE IT'S TERRIBLE.

ALSO, I sense zero resemblence to Ciara or Obsession; in fact, so far I've smelt nothing like Epris in my life on earth - except for a random frosted glass miniature bottle that I just acquired, with no name, standing like 3 inches tall, with an elongated gold cap that I thought for sure would be a Lauder Private Collection mini and smells, instead, like an Epris cologne spray but could not possibly be due to massive packaging differences. So whatever is this other wonder, yay, it smells like Epris and I have a double :))

Epris, you are a genius, you are a soft-sexy-70's-hippieish-liberated-sexual goddess-working woman-no need to be who you aren't-no one telling you how to be any type of woman-genius. No wonder they discontinued you, as they didn't know what the fuck to do with you.

Edit Side Note: The bottle I reviewed is for the pure perfume 0.12 oz glass bottle with the silver mushroom cap, and the fluid inside is so dark and inky it looks like brown opaque swamp water. It must have been marinating forever. I just received another 0.12 oz pure perfume glass bottle with silver mushroom cap; the juice is more of a maple syrup color (younger? exposed to more light?). It has less of a deep, mossy, damp sweetness to it straight from the bottle, but it does manifest some of that on the skin, however some of the richness, fermented sweetness and earthiness is missing, which makes sense given the color. The major notes are still being hit; the inkier juice is just more of a bonus, in my opinion. Just wanted to put that out there. I actually like the range in concentration, even if it's technically the same product - I want to try the cologne spray, I think that would make a dynamic body mist or skin musk scent.

before this, in the 1970's there was a perfume called Hypnotique by MF which I have a set off (including bath cubes), does anyone else remember it?

I have only tried a vintage version of this due to it being discontinued long ago but it is a classic 1980's slightly cloying oriental. Similar to Avon Imari, Obsession and Ciara, a slight beeswaxy animallic note similar to Toujours Moi but I would take Toujours Moi over this any day.

I'm so glad that glitteralex can dissect the notes, maybe someday I can do so. To me it is so blended that all I can is that my perfume vintage mini smells delightful. I love to put this on before bed, it makes going to sleep so pleasant.

Review is for the pure perfume, from a previously unopened vintage bottle. Dark color indicates oxidation although there is no evaporation.

A sweet and boozy entrance, with lots of Benzoin, Carnation, & Jasmine, blends seamlessly into a mincemeat pie of spices-Cinnamon, Nutmeg, powdered Ginger- enveloped in Damascan rose, all anchored by what I am sure is natural Beeswax and Patchouli. The collision of notes calms nicely within about 15 minutes, when Oakmoss serves as the canvas for muted versions of the previously screaming notes. A beautiful perfume for the holidays.

Despite the designation as a Chypre, I do not get any citric notes in the top; perhaps they are degraded in my bottle.

The longevity and concentration are insane; a mere drop lasts close to a day. At $10 for a mini of perfume, this is not to be missed!

Epris by Max Factor 4.44 out of 5 based on 19 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Max Factor Epris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Max Factor Epris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Epris by Max Factor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Epris by Max Factor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.