Designers » M » Floral Green « Groups

Le Jardin Max Factor for women

Le Jardin Max Factor for women
dislike

Le Jardin Max Factor for women Videos
Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures Le Jardin Max Factor for women Pictures

Le Jardin by Max Factor is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Le Jardin was launched in 1982. Top notes are mint, green notes, tarragon, fruity notes and bergamot; middle notes are cyclamen, magnolia, tuberose, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss and cedar.

Mint Green Notes Tarragon Fruity Notes Bergamot

Cyclamen Magnolia Tuberose Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Civet Oakmoss Cedar

Katia

Le Jardin Fragrance Reviews

CycoEva
CycoEva

My mini bottle says its by Dana not Mac Factor has a plastic cap with the painted flowers. Use with caution because this juice is super strong. Brings back a nostalgic feeling. Lots of women in the 80s smelled similar to this. The earthy yling ylang, moss, musk, civet, and jasmine notes are way too strong for me. Civet always reminds me of cat spray (similar to cat urine but with more hormones). I smell has a hint of jean nate' and areomatics elixer by clinique. If my review seems off base keep in mind that the bottle is vintage so the scent may have turned rancid. Le jardin has had four, yes 4, different manufactures over the years. Item not for trade. Gifting item to a friend soon.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Soapy yet spicy floral. Reminded me of Carven, a clean soapy floral as well. Le Jardin didn't give me any particular floral, but was clean, fresh, unassuming and inoffensive. Good for work or casual wear. Sillage was low, longevity about 5 hours.

deviation
deviation

I purchased a tiny sample of this perfume(see second picture). It opens with jasmines and quickly settles down to mossy-civet. The civet found in this is similar to the one found in shalimar. Kind of makes you smell vintage.

blumeras
blumeras

This is a bouquet of joy, spring in a bottle, it reminds me so much of Anais Anais de Cacharel and the longevity is excellent. It is so affordable, really worth having it. One word : Lovely.

anastasiajohanssen
anastasiajohanssen

This was my first perfume I picked out for myself when I was about 10 years old. It made me feel so grown up! I recently bought myself a bottle to feed my nostalgic cravings... still just as good as I remember it :)

goodnightluck
goodnightluck

When my grandma passed away, I collected all of her perfume bottles and set them aside for myself. She mostly had lots of tiny, gorgeous mini bottles which I treasure dearly.

I noticed only a few bigger bottles (maybe 3) and one of them was Le Jardin - an original made by Max Factor with the plastic cap and pastel florals adorning the lid.

She never wore perfume around me. My assumption is she probably wore this in the 80's while she was heavy in work being a city counsellor. There was only maybe 10% left in the bottle and I decided to give it a spray on my wrist with some hesitation.

Right away a gorgeous bouquet of florals came bursting up. Jasmine, Tuberose, Lily of the Valley, Rose... I couldn't believe a perfume from the 80's could smell so fresh and lovely. It truly was romantic like the original ad campaign portrayed it to be.

It lasts about 6+ hours on me, it is quite hefty but in a good way. I feel like a trail of sensual flowers follows me wherever I go and I have received compliments when in public. Clearly this is a perfume - the original by Max Factor - that may have some life left in it for today. I wish they would bring it back.

Sometimes I drift off to sleep wearing it and to me - it is oddly comforting. I truly adore it and I am so glad I have a scent - something sensory - to remember my grandma with.

I have since bought 2 vintage bottles off eBay - with both of them being fresh and still in great condition!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

The Garden With A Furry Pet

Notes In Max Factor's Le Jardin

Head Notes: Mint Green Notes Tarragon Fruity Notes Bergamot

Heart Notes: Cyclamen Magnolia Tuberose Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-ylang Lily-of-the-valley Rose

Base Notes: Sandalwood Amber Musk Civet Oakmoss Cedar

"Because if you want romance to come on strong, you've gotta come on soft".......

This perfume is really good as a transition fragrance for young girls leaving behind their Disney Princess perfumes or teenage/young adults who are just starting to get into the world of adult fragrances. This never sold to teen girls in the 80's and was actually an adult perfume. Hollywood actress Jane Seymour, who appeared in the TV commercial in 1982, actually wore this fragrance herself and loved it. But for some reason, this was the signature scent of high school girls throughout the 80's. I've rediscovered Le Jardin and fell in love with it all over again. I wore it myself between the ages of 17 and 19. At heart, it has the same makeup as Chanel No. 5! Le Jardin and No. 5 are 2 frags you'd hardly equate with each other, but they're basically the same in their composition of flowers, woodsy notes and civet. Both frags have that animalic note of civet. Max Factor, the famous make up artist for Hollywood stars, would logically create a classic formula perfume with real civet. When I wore Le Jardin again after so many years I found that it has been reformulated. The civet is gone. They did the same thing with the new Chanel No. 5 Eau de Cologne and Parfum. No more civet! Civets are most likely extinct because they were used up so many times during the Golden Age of Perfume. The civet in the original Le Jardin was not heavy. It was like a furry little pet that you found in the garden! The floral scent is still present in the new version but it's less green and less realistic than the original which used actual flowers. In the vintage Jardin the magnolia was dominant, and it was followed by tuberose and rose, ylangylang and jasmine. It starts off with some abstract fruit notes which are not as strong as the green notes. The flowers blossom on your nose as you walk through the garden. This is a rather woodsy fragrance as well and the oak moss and cedar are heavy. Soft sandalwood and warm amber give those flowers a nice support. I remember this fragrance as being like a real garden. It was like Quelques Fleurs which thank God has never been reformulated. Le Jardin was romantic, soft, beautiful and classically feminine. It never dries down into anything unpleasant. It's a woodsy amber dry down that feels nothing like powder or soap. This was a real perfume with a magic glow but the new version is only a faint ghost scent of the original. It's not bad though. I just wish that perfumers and noses who re-release and reformulate a classic fragrance could honor the original by keeping the same formula. I recommend Le Jardin for young girls and adult women who are romantic, for women who have enjoyed fragrances that are practically in the same category: Lancome's Poeme, Nina Ricci's L'air du Temps and Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs. This is a gorgeous floral chypre and if you're lucky enough to have the original you also get the cute little civet.

mystica

I believe the time for Le Jardin is %100 winter. Cold weather is a must to pull of such a strong, green, musky floral.

Smelling this I see and taste a lot of lillies, in a green garden, kissed by the winter morning dew. A very evocative, strong fragrance. (In its current state as well, which I find slightly muskier and softer than the vintage.)

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I bought two sets containing this as well as d'Amour for myself and my mom. I liked this one more and she liked d'Amour more, so we switched :) This is a nice, soft, powdery floral fragrance, which reminds me of something I used to have many years ago (for all I know, this is what I had).
I remember my grandmother having a bottle of the d'Amour (the old bottle with the flowers on the cap) though.

AnnabelLee
AnnabelLee

I wore Le jardin in my childhood -in the late eighties. It was my first perfume and my beloved great-uncle used to buy it for me -several times a year because I doused with it. I haven't smelled this for ages, but remember its soft and floral aroma.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I recently stumbled upon this in a very outdated pharmacy, it is like going back in time to this said pharmacy they carry products I haven't seen in years including old lentheric and Revlon scents that have been long discontinued in my country. Tucked away on a little shelf were about 8 bottles of this, not the Max Factor or Dana edition, and not the new flower shaped bottle by Eden perfumes - mine is strangely by 'health and Beauty Focus' the box is straight out of the 90s, as was the price tag and it is sun faded. They had a tester but it was long dried up and had turned but I could smell civet and powdery florals so took a chance it was only $19 for 30ml cheap as chips. I remember the D'Amor version of this by Max Factor from childhood and have always wanted to track this one down. First spritz is definitely reminiscent of Elnett (Aquanet) hairspray, intensely green and full of aldehydes - for a few seconds there is something almost ammonia/urine like but it quickly fades into civet and becomes a musky cold-cream aroma, and develops into a wonderful soft powdery green floral scent with a soft powdery sweetness which reminds me of honey and tobacco that wears close to the skin. I get a hint of something minty and herbal which reminds me of Halston and I can definitely smell tarragon at the start, once it warms a little it becomes a little like Anais without the screechy notes and leather also a wee bit like my long lost Valentino Vendetta - a powdery dusty floral which holds close to the skin and quite a lot like Vanderbilt, but less screechy antispetic floral and more skanky powdery floral one could say. Almost a poor man's version of Beautiful, green, floral and more florals. The carnation and ylang ylang meld together beautifully on my skin once it warms up. I well may go buy the lot of them as I can see myself wearing this often.

My bottle is the classic shape of the Max factor but has a slightly wider/narrower cap and the design is different - reminiscent of the classic foil decal on the original but is just a pink printed and very pixelated version of the original floral design with the same frosted glass with 3 stylised what appears to be stems raised on the glass bottle beneath the lid. The box is silver grey with the original stylised typeface 'Le Jardin' and a cross between the original packet and the new one perhaps? Obviously a reformulation of the old classic bought out by another company but I really quite like it.

Hmm I don't think my partner likes this one. Such a shame as I am really liking it..

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I bought mine about 13 years ago and I found it too animalic - the beautiful white and pink flowers were somewhere in the background. My bottle (the one with the flower-like cap) still remains in my wardrobe and despite my recent passion for 70's and 80's vintages, I use it ocassionally. HOWEVER, recently I tested it at my local porfume store and I was positively shocked at how beautifully floral, subtle and feminine it has become! The shop assistant said that it has been reformulated (the oval bottle) Bearing in mind my former experiences, I only bought a deo spray and it's just perfect! Delicate peonies, magnolias, lily of the valley and very, very gentle musk that doesn't ruin but only underlines the beauty of this cloudy, floral paradise. Perfect for bedtime by the way!:)
It is now made by EdenClassics, not by Max Factor as such anymore.

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

I loved this as a girl but trying to track it down i see one also made by Dana. Can anyone advise is this the same as the ofiginal?

mystica

I have the Eden Classic version and it is exactly the same as I remember.
This is a lovely floral! Lighter and fresher than Anais Anais, and easier to wear than the reformulated Beautiful by Estee Lauder.
If you like big florals (especially the white flowers) you can't go wrong with Le Jardin.
I am stocking on this!

** It reads "Made in England" on the box of mine; as well as "the incurably romantic fragrance", which is so true!

**Summer_Forever**
**Summer_Forever**

When I was a child I was given a Christmas gift pack selection of various minatures. This was the first to get used up. For the price it is very good value from what I can recall. Sweet and fresh. Just repurchased from ebay as curious to see whether I will still enjoy it as much.

Wow.. watch the advert. What a treat!! Hahaha. Jane is stunning but its cheesier than a wotsit.

kneissl
kneissl

I remember Le Jardin ... back in the 80s when I could not afford my favourite Anais Anais. It was wonderful and really suited my phase of wearing long floaty flowery dresses and pastel high heeled shoes!!! I haven't tried any recent versions so cannot comment but this was probably one of the best "budget" fragrances and it lasted and lasted. I certainly got a lot of compliments while wearing it and it made me feel very feminine :o)

Croneangel
Croneangel

Used to be a nice floral, with just enough complexity to make it interesting. Tried the latest reformulation yesterday. Thank goodness it was only $3. This is almost pathetic. Almost nasty, in a really bad way. But even more shocking is the fact that its STILL more interesting than a lot of the popular fragrances that are out now. I know every generation winds up saying the same old cliche, and now its my turn..... I really miss the Good Old Days!

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Swedish girl, I agree! I got the Eden, too, and it's awful. Aquanet and civet...nasty, nothing flowery or anything about it. It's going into my goodwill bag tonight. At least it was under $5

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I can only smell a very strong civet, that smells exactly like stale urine.

I was hoping for a powdery soft scent, but no. This scent does NOT match the look of the bottle.

Thankfully this didn`t cost much.

BTW, my bottle was the new reformulated one from "Eden Classics".

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

This was what I wore in high school. I love it. Very floral. I have not smelled the reformulated version, however. The original formula in the 80's was very floral and pretty. I'm sad they changed such a nice scent.

judyk
judyk

I still have my original bottle of Le Jardin - a 22ml EDT that looks like the 2nd photo in the gallery. It would have been bought shortly after it was introduced, and it's still half full! Not from lack of use - I loved it then and I still like it now - but because it only requires a single spritz.

I don't get a lot of green in it, just a rampant garden of flowers, heady musk and a subtle chypre-y base.

paleface
paleface

I am speechless. How can a perfume (actually eau de toilette) so ridiculously cheap (I dare not even tell you!) smell so good, so lovely? Oh, I have a guess, that Le Jardin had the same fate as for example Cabotine: once expensive and appreciated, now only appreciated by such a small group of people, that companies can't afford to loose even those with a heavy pricetag - there is so much competition in these days...

I have a bottle looking like number 3 from the top.

What I get first, is a greenish waft with flowers and coconut. Yes, coconut, which is not listed here at all. This coconutty-thing, whatever it is (I have a feeling that it could be musk combined with a mystical ingredient I don't recognize), goes along with flowers which are pink and light blue and pale yellow and also white - but this time not severe white as they can sometimes be. "Coconut" makes this scent so soft and also so contemporary, that it is very difficult to think how old Le Jardin actually is - from those loud years of 80's. Le Jardin itself is not loud, it is sweet and intoxicating like ummm... a garden, beautifully soft and innocent, as so many previous writers have said. No dirty feeling here even if civet is listed; perhaps it only gives complexity to entirety. But this softness is not weakness, oh no! The air of the perfume follows you like a fairy who wants to make friends with you, insistently and happily, sometimes vanishing in the garden for a moment but popping up from some bush with a flower in her hand...

Little by little flowers start to evaporate and musk (now in it's recognizable form) and some wood and a hint of oakmoss join in. They are as considerate as they should be in this company. Charming. The metamorphosis takes it's time. Le Jardin lingers on skin (at least on my skin) for many many hours.

If making a good add-campaign of this lovely acquaintance with a fresh but known face (as Jane Seymour was in her time) maybe a new generation would find it. What a pity that only a handful of people is familiar with it!

Le Jardin is for those who still have dreams and who still believe in beautiful things in life... No strong contrasts here, no sharpness. Just pure, even shy joy.

Edit: Now I am rather convinced that this "coconut" is actually musk with something else. All you musk-lovers, here is another gem to your collection!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had it a couple of time as a child and teenager. I guess in the 80's, it was the bomb! :D Remembered as very flowery, feminine...it made me feel grown up.

nananessa
nananessa

I wore this a lot in the 80s & always got compliments on it. The face of this fragrance was the beautiful actress,(former Bond girl) Jane Seymour. I adored everything about this fragrance, as it was one of my main signature scents in the early 80s. I even liked the bottle, ads with Jane in them...

If I could almost wax poetic, if Monet's Garden could have been put inside a bottle & liquified, then this would have been it, IMHO, of course. It smelled of a wonderful French garden, as its name...

Love this one!!! 5 stars!!!

They don't make 'em like this any more, but I wish they did. This is a fresh, green, slightly soapy floral, with a hint of powder in the drydown. I really like this. I can smell only florals and soft green notes, nothing aggressive. I don't smell any civet or tuberose, two notes that are potential dealbreakers for me. Although it's a drugstore scent from the 80's, it doesn't smell dated or cheap to me. This is an elegant soft floral and is a very welcome change from the currently popular sweet vanillas. After reading these reviews I see that it has been reformulated. I shouldn't be surprised. I have no idea which version I have, but it smells wonderful! As Misenchanted said, its a moodlifter. I agree.

Edit: About 4 hours later, a bit of civet is coming through.

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

I'm so excited to have purchased a 30 ml new and boxed fragrance off ebay this morning. I used to wear this when I was about 14 or 15 years old (in the mid eighties).

I am hoping that the smell is just as I remember it and I am sure it will bring back a flood of memories. It's fascinating the way a smell can do that in the way that nothing else (except for music)can. Will post my impressions later.

I love this site, it's reminded and re-united me with some long-lost perfume loves!

Update 27/9/11....Yep, just like I remembered it. Fresh, clean and floral. Completely innocent and fun-smelling if there is such a thing. Brings and instant smile to my face when I wear it. A definite mood-lifter.

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

'The Garden' Received this as a Christmas gift when I was 10 or 11 years old. Part of a sample pack of minitures to try. It was the first to be used up. Agree with Angel10, it's a fresh, natural and innocent scent (without being saccharine) that takes me back to childhood.

Angel10
Angel10

This was one of my 5 fragrances I wore between 8-13 years old. I still like it very much! Very sweet & kind.

moraine
moraine

This was the first perfume I ever received, when I was 8 years old...it made me feel so special and grown up. I used to spray it on my Barbie dolls :D Can't believe it's still around.

i absolutely loved this scent and wore it often. just a nice, clean, everyday floral. i always felt so sweet when i wore this. such a pretty scent. lots of compliments with this one.

[email protected] mail.
guest_chiquidracula555@hot mail.

This perfum for ever put a smile om my face, is simply awesome and beautiful, let me know when are you finally are ready to sell it... Christi... Argentina

arg1971
arg1971

A teenage romance for me will always remember the sweet floral scent it brings back so many memorys all of those years ago

Kin
Kin

My mom's perfume, extremaly powdery and gentle. I like it not just because of my childhood. It's unique, calming scent.

daisyann
daisyann

One of the perfumes of my youth, a beautiful dainty floral...I used to like it then, but then drifted to orientals.

But this one would always be memorable for me.

swedeangel
swedeangel

remeber it slightly from the early eighties. It was a lovely floral,i remeber , sutiable for both young and old flowerlovers. A little like anais anais shy little sister.

guest_LILY
guest_LILY

amo este perfume , pero no lo puedo encontrar en chile , me trae miles de recuerdos si alguien sabe donde lo puedo conseguir me avisa por fa

defne
defne

So 80's and again sooo feminine! and again can't be found, a refreshing floral,suitable for everyday use.

golden
golden

I used to wear this a long, long, long time ago, ha,ha........
All based on the advert that had Jane Seymore??? ( think that was her name??)She looked so demure and beautiful i thought i wanted to re- create that scene/look and for a while i did. In my own special way.
To me this is what a Perfume is all about. Dreams ,hopes desires and most young women all aspire to that.

Sassy1
Sassy1

There's not much "green" in this one. I wore it quite a bit when it came out and it is "the garden". All flowers, all the time. since I'm a floral person, it works for me. Definate daytime/office frag. No diva here.

parisa
parisa

Only an original Le Jarden by Max Factor is wonderful. It was produced by 4 different companies and only Max Factor version was good. Great floral. I`m not a floral girl and this is the only one I like.
So, if you are buying it look for *by Max Factor*.

guest_bita
guest_bita

I need to buy Le Jardin perfuM and I'm living in Malaysia.Does any body know the email address of supplier?

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I smelled it again after some years and it was awful. Perhaps the bottle was too old, but it smells like an outdated perfume to me now. Alot like Revlon Charlie.

80s style floriental. Clean and fresh, but also extremely sheer. Seems to last okay, considering it's very inexpensive. Daywear only, I think, as it's a pale floral.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

This was given to me as a present when I was twelve- it made me feel so grown up!
I notice a lot of white flowers when I wear it,the lilly for example, but the note that strikes me as the one of cyclamen,a wonderful smell of a forest filled with pink cyclamens.
This fragrance is still fresh and wearable,very suitable for everyday wear,office wear.
You will get a lot of positive comments wearing le jardin!