Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Maxim's de Paris Maxim`s de Paris for women

Maxim's de Paris Maxim`s de Paris for women
dislike

Maxim's de Paris Maxim`s de Paris for women Pictures

Maxim's de Paris perfume is launched in 1984 in a flacon designed by the famous Pierre Dinand. The perfume opens with notes of hyacinth, mint, melon and cassis. The heart is heady floral with rose, mimosa, narcissus, tuberose, carnation, geranium, jasmine, orange blossom and broom. The base contains notes of labdanum, heliotrop, oak moss, patchouli, sandalwood, musk, amber and vanilla.

Available as 100 ml EDP as 200 ml EDT.

Hyacinth Cassis Mint Melon

Carnation Jasmine African Orange flower Narcissus Geranium Tuberose Rose Mimosa Dyer’s Greenweed

Musk French labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Amber Vanille Heliotrope

Maxim's de Paris Fragrance Reviews

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

Deliciosa combinação , porém pouco durável na pele; devo reaplicar ao longo do dia;mas, sem dúvida inesquecível cheiro!! Sexy, como eu!!

Rosalind34
Rosalind34

This is the epitome of an 80s power perfume. It's very beautiful and classy. It's glamorous and sexy at the same time!

stormyla
stormyla

I had two bottles of this back in the mid 80's. I made it through the first bottle, but only used a small amount of the second before giving it away. It was a pretty scent, but there was something harsh with a sharp edge about it.

The bubble bath however was wonderful and I used quite a few bottles of that!

artsyrn
artsyrn

Intoxicating. This is a sweet, carnation, rose,melon and mint feast! The initially strong juice settles into a close to the skin scent rather quickly, becoming a tender,sweet translucent floral veil. Very pretty indeed.

athenian
athenian

Lovely perfume with zeron staying power, both in Eau de Toilete or Eau de Parfum.

shannonny
shannonny

This was a cheapie blind buy on eBay, used, about half-full, the EDT spray. I don't drill sellers about freshness when it's less than $10 including shipping, since I take my chances with sellers who don't specialize in perfumes. So when it arrived I wasn't too surprised that the top notes had soured.

But I wrinkled my nose and braved a few sprays and, lo and behold, and a little shyly, those heart notes came through. What a perfectly lovely scent!

Mind you, not knowing what a fresh bottle smells like, I can only go by what I smell now. I don't care for unisex or masculine scents, but I'm not taken aback from (on me) the rather intensive spicy, dark-green patchouli heart, because sweet ribbons of red geranium and--I swear it's there--purple lilac blossoms entwine all around it.

It smells to me a little like Diva: Not nearly as rosy, and no honey at all, but it has that golden quality to it. There is something shared by these two scents that evoke a color like bronzed red.

I'm so addicted to strong fragrance that I don't trust myself to recommend where or when this would be appropriate to wear. I'm also no judge of sillage or endurance, since I'm a scent eater, but I get a fair run of about two hours out of it.

I would love to get a fresh bottle and see how they compare.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

Her name was Anita. She had olive skin and golden brown eyes the color of good whisky. She wore her hair in a wispy pixie cut and she smelled amazing. I now know why. Mrs. Clarke was my eighth grade homeroom teacher. She always smelled so incredible and until I purchased this little bottle of Maxim de Paris, I had no idea what she wore.

This bottle came in a 5" tall plastic shell of a box with that iconic red and black motif. The inside features a velveteen pedestal upon which sits my tiny bottle of EDP. Vintage, and never used I didn't really know what to expect of this-then I opened it, and there was Mrs. Clarke and it was 1985 for just a moment.

I say just a moment because this fragrance, despite its very strong notes of cassis and something I can only describe as "green and herbaceous", it doesn't fill the room. I want a fragrance to fill the room.

I asked the hubby to take a whiff of it, and when he did he knee-jerked a "WHOO!" and asked if I was seriously considering wearing it. I told him I was. I wore it in today-the little dauber that corks this fantastic scent into its little black bottle didn't really disperse this very well, and I feel certain if I had this in an atomizer the coverage would be greater, as well as the sillage. I'm here at work, but I can only smell this if I hold my wrist up to my nose. I love the herbaceous smell of it-it's so...refreshing. But since I put it on about 4 hours ago, it has dried down to a wonderful powdery haze on my skin. If I close my eyes and inhale I see lace doilies and Victorian furniture. Not "old" as much as "vintage". There is a difference.

I like this. I just need a better way to get it onto my skin. This smell makes me feel warm and somewhat luxuriant-like I should be wrapped up in an angora cowl-neck sweater, sipping oolong tea on a cold day.

Great stuff-just not very potent.

Alexandre

Enchanting! Indescribable! Hard to find, it's a shame ..

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

Was A "Heady" 80's Classic......A Head Turner......Has A "Coco"...Chanel vibe, released both the Same year 1984

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I found a vintage miniature bottle of this at an estate sale today. IIt only had a few drops in it but I had to have it. For a mere fifty cents it was mine! Using the bottle description I had to search online to find out what it was. Why haven't I ever heard of this before? Such a gorgeous, rich, opulent scent! I would expect it to have a following. I admit it is out of step with modern trends. It is very 80's, but elegantly so. Like a black wool power suit worn by Joan Collins (Knowing)as opposed to a gold lame mermaid dress worn by Linda Evans (Giorgio) I would love to buy a full sized bottle of this. I just hope it hasn' been reformulated from what I am inhaling now. Mmmmm!

krmarich
krmarich

This was pure French luxury that didnt even try. I almost expected it to be this good as I sniffed it in the 1980s. Its inspiration and bottle was beautiful-Maxims of Paris.

Big, dramatic, fur coat wearing, diamond encrusted scents were commonplace at that time. It is in the same class as Mon Parfum or Boucheron. Larger than life and worth every drop. I seen a lot of bottles for around $15. USD on closeout, however. If I had a time machine, I would use it for perfume runs, forget the course of history. Gimme these babys!

It was clean-no civet and lot of oakmoss-my favorite. It was great for a night out on the town or a lavish party. Formal dress was required however. Perhaps these classics had to disappear as they do not fit in with fleece sports wear, sneakers and spray tans so common today. Bath and Body Waters have become the norm...Sigh...

Alexandre

Encantador! Indescritível! Difíci de encontrar, é uma pena...

passionata20
passionata20

I really love this scent! It is soooo classy without being too heavy, too floral, too fruity, just perfect! very well balanced.
But the sad thing that the EDT version of this wonderful fragrance doesn´t last long for me. Have to try the EDP version.

Wauw, XSX!!!
Thank you soo much for adding this CLASSIC!!

Maxim's de Paris by Maxim`s de Paris 4.15 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maxim`s de Paris Maxim's de Paris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Maxim`s de Paris Maxim's de Paris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maxim's de Paris by Maxim`s de Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maxim's de Paris by Maxim`s de Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.