Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Lei Mazzolari for women

Lei Mazzolari for women
dislike

cacao

Lei is a warm, very sensual and mysterious scent. It contains notes of bergamot, cedar, cocoa patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver and Labdanum.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

vetyver French labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Vanille Bergamot Cacao Lemon

Gothic I
Cristina
Opium

Lei Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

This scent has a beautiful powdery earthiness to it, a real classic sense. Reminded me a bit of Loree Rodkin's Gothic 1..

shushkin
shushkin

First off if you cant handle patch then dont bother trying this. I have SL Borneo 1834 and I see hardly any similarity with Lei. Lei is far sweeter and has none of the damp earthiness of Borneo. I love them both and appreciate their differences. Borneo is more masculine but I love wearing it and Im reasonably feminine.
I first get the usual citrus notes and then its all labdanum and sweet chocolate without getting sickly sweet. There is lots of patch and vanilla. I also pick up a sort of sweet chocolate liqueur note. Its got to be in my top 5 patch and cocao fragrances. Delish! Moderare sillage and longevity.

archivist
archivist

Easily one of the best chocolate-based scents I've smelled. This should be mentioned as an option when people are recommending Montale Chocolate Greedy and Coco Musk. I think it's better than both... But I'm not really a cocoa perfume person.

For myself, I'm not so sure about this one - it smells like Godiva chocolate liqueur on the opening (yum) and I adore the combination of the labdanum and the cocoa. The problem for me is the vetiver. It is a nice counterbalance for the rich labdanum and cocoa, butI find it a little too fougerey. The fact that it's there at all is an improvement over the unleavened heaviness of A Lab on Fire's "Rose Rebelle" which was way, way too leaden.

Edit: finally tried CSP Amour de Cacao. That one is pretty much where it's at for me.

snockis
snockis

Aaaah. This is it! The perfect scent for me. I'm done. Lei is creamy sweet vanilla and powdered cocoa nibs over an earthy ambery base. So sensual. Sillage and longevity are both stellar. So lovely! So lux!

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Dolcezza indelebile waterproof. Ambra zucchero miele allo stato puro.
Decisamente troppo. Profumo tatuaggio che si stempera molto lentamente. Potentissimo e stucchevole.

serchina
serchina

This is a masterpiece. A smartly blended piece of art. As many others mentioned, Lei has that Shalimar feeling and a Guerlainade vibe, but I like it more than Shalimar (and to me Shalimar is one of-, or even the best perfume ever in history). However, I think that Lei is much more wearable, since Shalimar has that vanilla sweetness whereas Lei has a powdery amber/cacao base. It has a vintage feeling. Patchouli and labdanum (the labdanum here is very prominent here), warm cozy balsamic ambery and slightly powdery due to the cacao with a subtle touch of citrusy bergamot, vetiver and cedar. And even if not listed, there are traces of some aldehydes. Interminable lasting power and great sillage.

Cereza
Cereza

"Lei" is a bitersweet symphony, full of spices, patchouli and most of all - labdanum. If you appreciate bitter and dark creations, "Lei" should be on top of your test list. Vanilla and cocoa gives a warm, blanket like sweetness making "Lei" remarkably sensual and suited for cold evenings.
Perfectly unisex, due to earthyness and woodyness of cedar, a male could rock this as easily as any female.

Tremendeous silage and very good lasting power. Worth the price surely.

I must add that one me though "Lei" has an unmistakble vintage vibe underneath all the notes, I presume it's from labdanum and cedar. This tiny little vibe is the only reason why I wouldn't be adding this to my collection.

Caramelle
Caramelle

This is some amazing stuff! It seems to be very different on individual skin types. On my skin it opens up with a huge pot of hot, sweet vanilla flavoured cocoa BUT there is a slight,dirty, earthy (patchouli) muskiness underneath which prevents it from being a mainstream gourmand.

When it dries down, I find the same flavours,but subdued and backed up by some woody notes so my nose doesn't tire of this scent at all.

It's quite a sexy beast and therefore not safe for work, at least not for mine.;-)

5 sparkling stars from me!

Dominic80
Dominic80

A dream for every sexy lady i've ever been with..(quite a few..) they'll loved it! The not so sensual ones did not.. Oh well!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

For some reason my skin takes cedar and projects it like nothing else. This ends up a major CEDAR concoction on me. Later the vanilla shows up, but not enough of it to make me love this. I was hoping for some of the cacao to be present and accounted for but, the cedar overpowers everything else on me. This seems more masculine to me and I think it would smell great on a guy.

alchimia72
alchimia72

Lei is one of the more sensual perfume i have found. It's sweet but patchouli makes it a bit bitter.
It's cocoon!Someone says it's the italian version of Shalimar, but I prefer it to Shalimar. In Shalimar i hate the first esperidate notes!

Mazzolari Lei is incredibly beautiful and I'm so glad I've found it. This is one niche house worth discovering.

This fragrance strikes me as being a cross between Guerlain's Shalimar and Thierry Mugler's Angel. It's quite heavy with the patchouli and the labdanum, however there's a beautiful hint of chocolate and powdered vanilla that makes it all the more appealing.

It's beautifully feminine and luscious on the skin. Its coziness makes it wearable in cold, harsh weather and sensual enough to seduce and mesmerize any man.

Mazzolari Lei is one of the prettiest orientals I've ever come across. The blend is almost perfection, an interesting clash between being gourmand and an oriental vanilla. I see it as being a little animalistic at times too.

There's many things to like about Mazzolari Lei, particularly that of the impressive longevity. Perhaps because I love patchouli so much, this fragrance works for me. However, patchouli haters may not love this fragrance so much.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mazzolari Lei fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mazzolari Lei, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lei by Mazzolari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lei by Mazzolari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.