Designers » M » Leather « Groups

French Leather Memo for women and men

French Leather Memo for women and men
dislike

leather
French Leather Memo for women and men Pictures French Leather Memo for women and men Pictures French Leather Memo for women and men Pictures

French Leather by Memo is a Leather fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. French Leather was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Alienor Massenet. The fragrance features lime, pink pepper, clary sage, juniper, rose water, cedar, resin, vetiver, white musk and suede.

Lime Pink Pepper Clary Sage Juniper Rose Water Cedar Resin Vetiver White Musk Suede

French Leather Fragrance Reviews

landshark321
landshark321

The only MEMO I've tried so far is the more-hyped African Leather, a strong, masculine leather that was very good but not great in my opinion. French Leather is certainly a departure, being much more floral and feminine, and overall less of a smack to the face (that leathers often are) and more a gentle wearing.

I get mainly juniper and rose, but also a sweet peachy vibe that (even more than the florals) seems to make this a better fit for a woman than a man. An interesting try, but a bit too feminine for my liking.

Performance is definitely weaker than African Leather, too, only mediocre for an EDP, so a tough sell for the MEMO pricing of $250 for 75ml.

5 out of 10

K1
K1

A couple of months ago Dictionary.com published a term, it was floccinaucinihilipilification! Whilst the term is considered one of the longests in English language, it means "estimation something as valueless". If this term would have a synonym in olfactory realm, French Leather could be a good example. This perfume is flattened cosmos in a poster.

The perfume goes with a familiar fruity rosy and juicy atmosphere of inexpensive anonymous fragrances found in local pharmacies or high-end markets; who cares. It is rendered with hidebound apricot-smelling suede and inferior musky base. You won't be acclaimed for the smell you pay that much. And no matter how much you're wealthy, as long as you purchase this not for its bottle you wasted your money.

چند ماه پیش سایت "دیکشنری" یه لغت رو کرد که دیگه فارسیش رو نمیشه نوشت خدایی! بالا تو انگلیسی بخونین. این لغت که یکی از طولانیترین واژه های زبان انگلیسی بحساب میاد معنیش "چیزی رو بی ارزش تخمین زدن" میشه. اگه این واژه یه مترادف توی دنیای رایحه داشته باشه "فرنچ لِدِر" میتونه مثال خوبی باشه. این عطر دنیایی به بزرگی یه کهکشان هست روی یه پوستر

بُن مایۀ اصلی این عطر روی محوریت رایحۀ رز و میوه ای و آبدار بنا شده که نمونه هاش رو از داروخونه گرفته تا رده بالاترین فروشگاهها میتونین ببینین؛ کی اهمیت میده کجا. این تم خوشمزه با جیر زردآلو مانند محافظه کارانه و نت مشک کیفیت پایین ویرایش شده. شما مطمئنا قرار نیست بخاطر عطری که اینقدر پول بابتش میدین توی جمع تحسین شین، و مهم نیست چقدر ثروتمند هستین، تا وقتی که بخاطر رایحۀ این کار پول میدین پولتون رو دارین دور میریزین

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Soft rose and musk overlay the leather. It reminds me very much of Valentino Oud Assoluto, although oud is not mentioned in the notes. I like it, but I'm confused and so I certainly wouldn't spring for a full bottle - it's waaay too expensive.

Vlud
Vlud

This is a very refined leather scent. An elegant blend of lime and suede with a very watery rose that joins in perfectly. I see it as a feminine scent and perfect for a warmer weather.
Beautiful projection & sillage.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

This is my first time testing anything from this line. At first spray I get tons of lime over leather (not suede), rose, pepper and hint of juniper. The perfume isn't that complex and doesn't morph from one thing to another, but half an hour after applying I noticed the the roughness of the notes settle in and blend together nicely giving an overall smoothness to the scent. It lasted on me about 12 hours and the medium silage stayed pretty strong throughout. French Leather is a wonderful leathery fragrance that could be worn by men or women. It's really nice but not at $252.

A fruity, kind of metallic, transparent rose with woody-leathery facets laying on a super-synth musky base. It smells modernly anonymous, completely inoffensive and as exciting as doing the dishes at night. The overall feel is the same of when you hear a new song by some unknown emerging pop-star on the radio. You have that sense of deja-vu provided by the catchy melody inspired by a plethora of other previous similar songs. The production is overly polished, the singer has an anonymous voice most probably adjusted with some auto-tune kind of plug-in, you don't change station just because you're lazy but, ten minutes after you've heard the song, you completely forget both about it and about the *artist*.

French Leather is basically the same. A minor release in a overly-crowded market. A filler nobody needed. A release some will like and others won't. A release nobody will speak about in one year. The equivalent of a minor pop singer.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I was looking for a deep/dark rose scent and was recommended to try this. I wasn't expecting to like it considering it's called French Leather and like I said I was looking for something rosy. However I was pleasantly wrong. The first half hour or so, it's a lovely comfortable scent of suede with a light rosy tint. Over time the suede all but disappears leaving a sweet dark rose behind that stays for an incredibly long time, I clocked over half a day with one spray. I like it because it fulfilled what I wanted- a non powdery deep rose. However if you are intrigued by its name and looking for a suede/leather scent, I won't recommend this as the suede didn't linger for more than an hour on me. Good sillage on top of the very good longevity.

Twilight99
Twilight99

I got a sample of this because I love leather. The start was promising with beautiful suede and a little rose in the background. The suede soon fades away completely and a sickly sweet rose rise and stay the course. The rose smells like a candy rose and not very real to me. This perfume is all about the rose and very little about leather. For me this is disappointing.

I mean these are big bottles (probably 200ml) but I was a bit shocked by the price...£335!!!
I previously tried Irish leather and although I found it did deliver a kind of leather note, it was a bit too niche for my liking.
This shares similarities but again is quite different, the smell immediately reminded me of something but I can't place it just at this minute.
This is a delicate floral scent which is the least 'leathery of the lot and listing suede on here is probably more accurate as it's a lighter more powdered effect. The juniper and citrus in the top notes are characteristic it would appear and the pink pepper, rose musk and vetiver are all present as it dries down. This has quality ingredients no doubt but the lasting power and silage are average and even disappointing at this price.
I like the smell don't get me wrong and Memo perfumes certainly have a signature going on but this one isn't for me.

Q80
Q80

quite the best amongst all other leather fragrances from this brand. although i can't smell the leather in here but the pink pepper and the junipers are making that leather a bit visible! i guess Memo is using Juniper on all the leather line to establish a new idea of leather cause there is nothing called "a leather note" and to be honest leather is about few notes mixed together to form a note called leather. quite impressive actually and cooling as well. only daring ladies uses this juice, and i bet they're sexy.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

It is very similar to Memo Irish Leather but drydown in French Leather is more gentle, feminine.

ekoeko
ekoeko

Oh my goodness... What kind of designers are making such posters? Girls is cropped in and floating in the air and is a dwarf size compared to the lighting pole! Being of the size she is now, the figure must be way further than she is.
I have smelled the previous two leathers, Irish and Italian, both are great, so this one should be no exception. But the poster.... it makes the whole presentation look dilettante.

French Leather by Memo 3.39 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Memo French Leather fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Memo French Leather, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify French Leather by Memo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of French Leather by Memo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.