Designers » M » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Moon Safari Memo for women and men

Moon Safari Memo for women and men
dislike

leather
Moon Safari Memo for women and men Pictures Moon Safari Memo for women and men Pictures

Moon Safari arrives on the market in 2009, in honour of the 40th anniversary of man's landing on the Moon. It was created by Clara Molloy as an imaginary journey - safari on the Moon, which opens with luminous notes of bitter orange, grapefruit, lemon, mandarin in tune with vetiver, neroli, sage and lemon verbena. Base notes leave a lingering warm trail of tonka. The fragrance arrives in a gold flacon as 30 and 75ml edp. The nose behind this fragrance is Alienor Massenet.

Grapefruit Amalfi Lemon Bitter Orange Mandarin Orange

vetyver Neroli Sage Lemon Verbena Primrose

Tonka Bean Leather

Moon Safari Fragrance Reviews

jlfears
jlfears

This is one of the strongest scents I've ever tried on my skin. It makes Angel smell like tap water.

It also smells very oily, if that makes sense (in a good way).

This was a huge blast of neroli and grapefruit on me, but mostly just neroli. It's not simple, though; the vetiver and sage come through in the drydown. (The drydown is never soft or light; this is a doozy.)

Also, about an hour or so in, I feel like I smell tiny hints of oud ~ but only the smallest tinge. I know it doesn't have oud or ambergris, but there is *something* in its base that really holds it together and gives it a very deep and resinous and almost pheromone-like grip.

Scent: great (but not for me)
Sillage: 8/10

girasolina
girasolina

come le stelle, milioni di milioni. Non ha nulla per cui spendere una cifra da brand di nicchia per un succo che è assemblato allo stesso modo, quando non peggio, di un profumo commerciale. Lunga durata. ma non è sufficiente per me come motivo per l'acquisto

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Safari Moon opens with a fresh, minty-balsamic floral accord without praise or blame, a generic and fairly synthetic bunch of flowers with spices (mostly tonka), citrus head notes, light woods on the base which will then emerge better, notably vetiver. It may sound uninteresting, and in fact it totally is. An uninspired, generic (which here means: “like hundreds of others”) barely decent green-woody-floral Oriental scent on the fresh-aromatic side. Linear drydown. Boringly pleasant, but nothing really “niche”. To quote alfarom: “designer in disguise”. My low vote is also due to the fact that I’ve seen this bottle of boredom on sale in Italy for some 140 EUR for 75 ml, which sounds like a prank, but sadly it’ not. Parvenus' stuff, and another Memo I wouldn’t care for.

Eneli
Eneli

I finally got my first order of niche samples and decided to try one of them every day. The first one I randomly picked up was Memos Moon Safari.
I'm not so good at recognizing the notes but the first ones I picked up was very citrusy and herbal. First impression was quite sharp and a bit too masculine for my taste. But now I really enjoy this scent. I sprayed it about fifteen minutes ago so I can't really comment the longevity yet, but I give my rates later.
A lovely day-time summer fragrance to share with you partner!
4 hours later: now it has turned to something slightly sweet and frech spicy. It's probably the tonka beans.. not that I really know how a tonka bean smell, lol

Scatje
Scatje

Moon Safari, after the first blast of citrus smell, the leather and the vetivert come through and they almost smell like tabaco. Like it a lot, but don 't know if I'm going to buy a full bottle of it.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Well it took me long enough to figure out that Moon Safari is now called Moon Fever. I've been using Moon Fever, thinking it was a different fragrance.

Anyway, it's really good. Starts off with a citrus blast. Continues with lemon/orange throughout with a somewhat soapy drydown. It does smell herbal, but I'm not getting tonka bean, leather or vetiver for that matter.

Lasts 8+ hours on my skin. A woman in my office loved it, and she actually doesn't like perfume that much.

If you want a slightly soapy citrus scent with great lasting power, you should try this.

suhaesa
suhaesa

the dark side of the moon hides a jungle rusting with animals as free as they are wild.they live with their nose in the wind and their head in the stars.in the lightness and sweet pleasure of weightlessness. in the heat of the savannah,they welcome lazybones,men in the moon and dream chasers like old friends.a fanfare of roars, sighs, whinnies and cries ring out to greet each new arrival no one even thinks of sleeping when its time to set off on a moon safari...that was written on the perfume pamphlet..
when i first applied this to my wrist i was taken back to Africa to safari moon walks..something about the perfume is very masculine in a feminine way..it has whiffs of obsession ck the ambernies the dryness the harshness within the woodiness and the familiarity of the mysterious yet the familiarity of the mood of the stars of the moon light serene nights there is a calamity found under the stars of Africa that you can never find anywhere else in the world a sense of serenty ..a wholeness oneness a unique state of being when you just feel you are a part of nature and the entire universe..this perfume truly symbolises all of this and more..
its fine rugged..true soft strong true honest simple ..mesmerising
it reminds me of my dads old perfumes like azaro drakar and many more classics..the bitter orange,grapefruit(the best is from Africa so juicy and succulent and sweet) lemon essence primofiore mandarin orange make it want to sing out loud but it got shushed by the neroli blosom clary sage verbena in a bed of vetiver leather the softest leather of african deers in a luscious base of tonka beans many of them..the combination of all those accords play an African melody the smells are smelt everywhere there from burning woods to toasted coffee beans ..there is a strange familiarity about this perfume that i cant put in words..
its a virgin perfume like the land it represents..full of wealth depth and wonder..full of hidden treasures and endless mines of all of natures most precious resources..
this perfume has a lot more to offer but you have to be open to the infinite universe to start appreciating it..
its a dignified perfume ..the type of perfume that you learn to appreciate with age..it might suffocate you while you are in it but you will miss it greatly when you depart from it..the remembrance of its accords is memorial..i think memeo is truly making memorable journies in perfumery..

nonnative
nonnative

Useless. There are so many other similar scents. Just another fleeble esperidate. Nothing more. thumb down

Alert! Alert! Alert! Designer in disguise...Alert!

Moon Safari was suggested to me as a vetiver prominent composition but all I got is a citrusy EDC type of stuff with an overall generic vibe. Dries down to a sweeter tonka base with a faint vetiver note...Disappointing.

Moon Safari by Memo 4.25 out of 5 based on 32 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Memo Moon Safari fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Memo Moon Safari, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moon Safari by Memo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moon Safari by Memo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.