Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Amour Liquide Memoire Liquide for women

Amour Liquide Memoire Liquide for women
dislike

Amour Liquide is one of five fragrances of the Memoire Liquide Reserve collection introduced in 2009. The fragrance brings us aromas of romantic love reinterpreted with notes of pure Madagascar vanilla, tonka and incense. Available as 50ml edp.

Tonka Bean Incense Madagascar Vanilla

Vanilla Bean

Amour Liquide Fragrance Reviews

Carnelian
Carnelian

VERY sweet and marshmallow-y, with good longevity. The incense note is very faint to my nose, just a bit of smoke to it. Foodies will love, as well as sweet vanilla fans. Got it for a great price at Marshalls, and it is a comforting smell for the cold of winter.

HotRoz
HotRoz

I first received the body cream in a New Beauty subscription box. I tracked the fragrance down on Amazon. It was the best purchase I ever made. It has such a rich long lasting Vanilla note that lasts my entire 12 hours of work. I have never had more compliments than when I wear this fragrance. None of my local stores sell it. I would love to have everything the brand makes. But it very difficult to track down. So Amazon currently my only way to purchase it.I truly love this fragrance.

kriziaprincess
kriziaprincess

OMG. ABSOLUTE 100% DUPE OF VICTORIA SECRET VANILLA LACE. LOVE!

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Amour liquide is a lovely vanilla based scent. Very uplifting and close to the scent of vanilla extract that we use for baking. Sweet but not overly sweet.

@Karlklila I also have the body lotion, it's thick and creamy and just as gorgeous. Lasting power on me is not so great, but on the whole a pleasure to wear and also great for layering purposes.

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

This is a beautiful, pure vanilla extract sort of scent with a gorgeous hint of incense. My heartfelt thanks to Katherine Elizabeth for a wonderful swap! Sillage is a lovely medium. Longevity lasts about 5 hours on my skin. Not bad for a natural fragrance.

archivist
archivist

This takes a curiously long time to settle - nearly 40 minutes. For the first 10 or so, it's like you've sprayed vanilla extract on your skin. Boozy, alcohol astringency, strong, but... It smells like you sprayed vanilla extract on your skin.

After the alcohol evaporates, it smells thin and sugary. Some have mentioned spun sugar, burnt sugar, cotton candy. This phase gives way within 10-15 minutes (we're now up to nearly half an hour) to a rich, buttery, madagascar-rum-vanilla-y, warm, rich, pure vanilla.

I didn't overspray, and perhaps a more liberal dousing would make this moreish in the sillage, but I actually appreciate the fact that it wears close to the skin. I don't find this too sweet and I'm sensitive (bordering on oversensitive, probably) to sweet perfumes in that I don't like that in a scent. I prefer it to be well-balanced.

This doesn't smell synthetic to me. In fact, the long development time and the richness of the final scent on the skin suggests a good amount of real vanilla abs, and while the tonkanilla is helping out some for sure - it's not as tobacco-y as I usually find tonka (not a merit, in my book - I'm not a fan of tobacco in sweet scents at ALL, and very rarely in general).

This is a nice, quiet cozy. I've been impressed with these Liquide Memoire scents, which stick to one's personal space and don't smell ordinary while still being easy to like.

ETA: this actually smells a lot like Montale Chocolate Greedy on the drydown. Vanilla/milk chocolate liqueur kind of thing.

NiceVULady
NiceVULady

I bought this blind and I am so sorry. This smells, to me, like cotton candy which is not a smell that I like. I find it sickeningly sweet in the opening and I don't think it goes anywhere after that. What a waste of money. I wish I knew someone who would like it.
I really must remember to sample before I buy.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

I might be the lone voice of dissent on this one, but Amour Liquide did not work for me. This is a "burnt sugar" kind of vanilla that you will either love or hate. For the first 30-60 minutes this was synthetic vanilla and sour milk on me, and what I was hoping would be a smoky, sexy vanilla was a scorched creme brulee. I could detect a hint of incense in the beginning that quickly disappeared. After an hour it started to warm on my skin and the sour, unpleasant note disappeared, turning into a rounded, less screechy Pink Sugar, but Pink Sugar nonetheless. On a positive note, it has great sillage and lasts for a good 6 to 7 hours.

AMOUR LIQUIDE is my first foray into the house of Mémoire Liquide. As is my wont, I applied this perfume without reading any of the text on the sample card or in this perfume's profile. My immediate reaction was that AMOUR LIQUIDE reminded me of By Kilian LOVE. Is love a meringue, after all?

I had plenty of LOVE left in my By Kilian sample vial, so I decided to do a side-by-side comparison and discovered that the By Kilian is quite a bit more complex than AMOUR LIQUIDE. Looking at the notes, I see a dearth of flowers in this composition, which probably explains why suddenly I'm finding more to like in the By Kilian, although I had written it off a while back as ridiculous. I'm not saying that I would ever want a full bottle of LOVE, but it's more interesting than AMOUR LIQUIDE.

AMOUR LIQUIDE does smell natural, so whether one likes this perfume is all going to turn on one's affinity for vanilla. This is a minimalist vanilla perfume, to my nose, and it is very, very sweet. AMOUR LIQUIDE might be a good segue to niche for someone who is used to wearing sugary celebrity scents.

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

This is a very linear scent, it does not develop over time, what you smell in the beginning is what you get. However, what you DO get, you get for a long time. The longevity is quite long, longer than many other vanilla's I have tried. This scent is almost identical to "Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar" by La Maison de la Vanille. They are both very vanilla, with a slight mix of incense. In my opinion, even though this is a very beautiful vanilla scent, it's almost like that's all there is to it. Just vanilla....with the barest hint of incense. Personally, I feel like I need my perfume to have a little more "bite", or personality. This would be amazing to mix with something else, I'm going to try mixing it with "Avignon" by Comme de Garcons and see how that goes. If you are looking for a simple easy going scent, nothing complex, then this is definitely one worth trying. It IS beautiful, but I were presented with an opportunity to make my own batch at the counter - I would want to add some of their "Encens Liquid" to it.

dannysmom
dannysmom

Like others said; this is a fairly simple, yet so delicious vanilla. To me, it smells like vanilla cake/frosting. It lasted all day on me, but I did layer it with the matching body lotion (also good, by the way). Very cozy fragrance, perfect for fall/winter and cooler days. It was a blind buy, and I'm glad I bought it.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I am going through a "vanilla" phase. Well, it's lovely. Not very complex. I find the bottle too simple to be pretty, actually I find it ugly... The body cream is very thick and nice. The scent is also rich vanilla, more on the sweet side. Very creamy... sort of like whipped cream that somebody sweetened with those little packages of vanilla sugar. It's sweet, a little woody, somehow it manages to smell elegant despite the "food" association. I cannot really smell the insense, I wish I did... instead there is a velvety orchid scent that appears to add a little complexity. After about 2 hours there is also a distinct cocoa note, like chocolate milk, not powder and not bitter.
Overall I like that it doesn't smell synthetic, like many straigh up vanillas do. A very nice " cakey" vanilla, recommended to all vanilla lovers.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This has a very interesting opening with carmelized sugar, vanilla, and some sort of fruit. The fruit quickly disappears, leaving a burnt-sugar vanilla scent that reminds me of one of the synthetic vanilla fragrance oils that I bought a long time ago to use in soapmaking. There’s musk along with the sugary vanilla, and every so often I get a current of something incensey in the sillage, though not up close. It lasts for 12+ hours on skin, with traces still there the next day. I like it. If you are looking for an extremely tenacious vanilla scent, Amour Liquide is worth a try.

sofiii
sofiii

Amour Liquide is another beautiful, good, relatively linear vanilla-dominant, cake-y perfume. It is really similar to La Maison de la Vanille’s Vanille givree des Antilles. More intensive than Vanille givree des Antilles in a sweeter, creamier manner, plus more sweet-cake-sweetness.

Amour Liquide is cosy and would be great for cold weather. However, apply with a light hand because it’s quite potent stuff and too much somehow feels as if I was inhaling solid cake pieces.

Even though I like Amour Liquide, I wouldn’t buy it myself and I’d strongly suggest other vanilla fragrances like Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter for a lighter option, or Vanille givree des Antilles for similar scent but rather better price, or Demeter Black Russian or even Jessica Simpson Fancy for a much creamier yet similar feel.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This opens smelling like the sugary frosting on top of a vanilla cake. Eventually it just smells like vanilla. As for the quality of the vanilla, I can't complain--it's as pure as they come. It's a very creamy, rich vanilla, which reminds me of Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace back in the 90's before they changed it, like a rich vanilla custard. My issue is that the only thing I smell is vanilla. I definitely would not suggest buying this perfume if you are hoping to smell incense.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a lovely quality vanilla, not sickly sweet or overpowering. Would be a really great dinner date fragrance.

chip
chip

I just received a bottle of this. Not much to say. It's a very high quality vanilla + woody + a hint of incense. The incense stops it from being a gourmand, and the wood + incense gives a little dark feel to it. It's good for layering and it's good on it's own as well. Silage is average but it stays there at least for 6-7 hours, which is a good thing. Definitely FBW.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Ever since I sampled Indult's Tihota, I've had a desire for a straight up, high quality vanilla. Most Oriental vanillas throw in a gourmand note which turns the fragrance to crap on me, and at $250 a pop, Tihota is a little prohibitive. So I was very, very happy to stumble upon this little dandy at the local Bloomingdales. Smells just like Tihota in the opening. When I sprayed it on my wrists I had a concern about longevity and it seemed to sour a bit, but 2 hours later it has developed into the sultry, smouldering vanilla that I was hoping for. I predict it won't be long before this one pops up in my 'i own' section....

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Memoire Liquide Amour Liquide fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Memoire Liquide Amour Liquide, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amour Liquide by Memoire Liquide. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amour Liquide by Memoire Liquide represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.