Designers » M » « Groups

Id Mendittorosa for women and men
dislike

cinnamon
oud
Id Mendittorosa for women and men Pictures Id Mendittorosa for women and men Pictures

Italian niche perfume house MENDITTOROSA from Rome debuted at Fragranze with three fragrances: ALFA, OMEGA and ID. "Each odor has its path, the one chosen by the wearer. This is why we like to call them odors instead of perfumes or fragrances. Scents of soul and with the soul. Mendittorosa is a 'scent path' that returns the scent of soul. A trilogy with a begining, an end and a rebirth: ALFA, OMEGA and ID, which can be worn alone, or together. Odors released from the heart."

Id is genderless like an angel. Opening and closures that chase one another. Lights and shadows. Like any one of us, male or female in one unity. Alfa and Omega are extreme and desperate. Id is peaceful, balanced and kind. It is not afraid to mediate, to join together—to fall in love. Its mystery is part of its name, the black stones of the Iddu Island, the sacred Stromboli volcano, the pulsating heart of lava. Id was launched in 2012. Id was created by Amelie Bourgeois and Anne-Sophie Behaghel.

Ravensara

Jasmine iris Nutmeg

Birch Agarwood (Oud) Labdanum Cinnamon

Id Fragrance Reviews

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

I don't like it. Its super feminine. Its very loud on top. Bitter. Id much rather smell this on a woman. For 205 dollars a bottle. Its a complete pass for me. Not a chance.

My reading of ID is that it's basically a woody-spicy loaded with labdanum. It sounds simple and for several aspects it surely is but the final result is so pleasant to wear to warrant some attention if you're into the genre.

Cinnamon and other *oriental* spices in the top notes. A hint of a floral pattern is paired to a resinous / ambery (labdanum) base while smoky woods give ID a leathery vibe. A lot of names have been dropped to draw parallels between ID and other fragrances and I basically agree with most of them. There's something of the Duchaufour's modern woody-resiny-leathery signature, something of the creamy-spices of Costume National Homme, the woody-floral restraint of Buxton and an overall *unpolished* vibe that definitely plays in the fragrance's favor. Very nice.

There's also an oil version of ID that is sold (used to be sold?) together with a lava jewel that's even better than the alcohol based iteration. More labdanum, more creamy woods and definitely more smoke. A true winner in my book.

Rating: 7.5/10

karrieann
karrieann

My sister brought this home for me a good year and a half ago, after her trip abroad. She knew I wanted something special. Something I could not get here. But she is not wise to the perfume 'scene' and when she sent me a picture of Tom Ford White Patchouli, my heart sank. While it is a great perfume, it is widely available here and I already own a bottle of it. I think she mostly just knew it was a fragrance I would like.

I responded that I enjoy TFWP and while I already had it, it never hurts to have another. Ever the trooper, sis kept looking during her travels. While in Amsterdam she came across a perfume shop. I think she even spent some time talking to one of the associates there to find the right one. Mendittorosa Id is what she chose for me. For the vast majority of us here on Fragrantica, you will understand how absolutely giddy I was when I opened this up. The sheer delight of an unusual and uncommon fragrance is quite the rush.

This fragrance house makes the perfumes look and feel special and unique. Housed in a handmade wooden box, wrapped with twine and a metal tab holding the twine around the box. I remember not wanting to cut the twine but there was no other way I could find to open the box. The bottle is heavy and thick. Square with rounded off corners. The cap is unusual. It has dulled metallic look. I think I read that these too, are handmade. The cap on mine has a stylized heart shape to it. The bottle has the name of the fragrance on a small bit of metal that wraps over two sides of the bottle.

I wish I would have been as impressed with the scent as I was the presentation. There isn't anything wrong with Id, but on my skin it is rather linear. There is very little change from beginning to end. It comes across as a bit spicy, not flowery in any way. Truly wish there was more jasmine. I pick up oud and cinnamon mostly. The reviewer below, p1t2r3, writes 'wet, moist'. My experience it the opposite. It reads very dry on my skin. Dry with some heat provided by the spices. I think this would be great on a man.

It has taken me a long time to write a review about this fragrance because it bewilders me and I am not sure how I feel about it. I have tried it at different times of the year to see if I will feel something about it but it always seems to leave me feeling indifferent. It might be because there is no real detectable sweetness or even floral. I may try to layer it over another fragrance though I am not sure it would work as it isn't an overly bold fragrance and might get overshadowed by another scent.

I'm not ready to give up in this one. Maybe I should live in it for a week or so and see what that is like. It's rare that I wear the same scent more than a day or two. But really, I think this one is special to me because of the meaning and love involved in the gift itself.

p1t2r3
p1t2r3

I really don't know what to say.
I couldn't tell what top notes it contains.
It's hour later and I still don't know. The thing is the scent is more and more familiar.
Woody, wet, moist, intimate. I'm really comfortable with that.
After 7 hours still radiating when I move.

Is it Jasmine after about 15min.?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mendittorosa Id fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mendittorosa Id, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Id by Mendittorosa. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Id by Mendittorosa represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.