Designers » M » Woody Chypre « Groups

Le Parfum Mercedes-Benz for men
dislike

I have it: 23 I want it: 69

oud
Le Parfum Mercedes-Benz for men Pictures Le Parfum Mercedes-Benz for men Pictures

Mercedes Benz Le Parfum arrives as perfume, in a brown glass flacon, in shades which are iridescent from darker to lighter shades, just like previous editions. The fragrance contains intense woody-chypre notes and lines up bergamot, cascalone (molecule that leaving the impression of sea notes), pink pepper, elegant violet leaves, galbanum, saffron, patchouli, vetiver, oud and amber. The fragrance will be available as 120ml Le Parfum was launched in 2015.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Aoud Leather

Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Jacgues
Jacgues

I admit - it has nothing to do with Tuscan Leather, which i really hate. Except good quality of ingredients, I just simply do not want to smell like leather couch.

Mercedes Benz EDP has really decent longevity and projection is quite good. The smell itself is leathery-sweet and powdery. I really like it. The only problem is, I cannot find in it anything characteristic and original in it.
It is simply good, safe and mainstream fregnance.

I cannot agree that it is unisex - gotta be kiddin me.
It is pure masculine scent and I have no doubts about it.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

This is not "very similar" to Tuscan leather; people are only saying that because TL is the most prominent sweet/fruity-leather of today, and has popularized the leather note again. These are both sweet leathers, yes, but Mercedes Parfum does not have any fruit or smoke / ash, both prominent elements of Tuscan Leather. Do not go into this expecting a clone or even a riff on the Tuscan Leather theme; god knows we have enough of those. If, however, you enjoy sweeter, more powdery oriental leathers like Cuir Ottoman and Davidoff's Leather Blend (along with the Polo Supreme Leather), you will enjoy this.

My personal experience with this was a bit of disappointment; the note pyramid makes it sound less sweet than it really is; the amber here is very strong and the whole fragrance is relatively sweet; this could easily pass as an edgier feminine perfume (but I admit, I am much more strict about what I consider "masculine" than the rest of this community), and so this is very unisex.

The leather note here is not a strong "black" leather note like in AdP or other express leathers; it is the softer kind you see in the aforementioned fragrances in this style. Considering the presence of violet, galbanum, lime, and patchouli, there is very little in the way of "greenness" (or sharpness) to this fragrance. To me, it is amber, brown suede, and a general hazy "powdery" quality that could be due to a limp mixture of pepper, vetiver, and saffron. Evolution is linear, with the balance remaining constant throughout.

Performance is good, 8-10 hours with 4 sprays, and projection is strong. A decent choice as a winter or going out / "sexy date" fragrance, but all in all there is not really anything unique going on here. Better than your dime-a-dozen designer oriental, but less edge than even the preceding fragrances in this line. With the violet, leather and saffron turned up, this could have been something interesting.

JCH760310
JCH760310

Pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. I usually do not care about the presentation at all, but this one nailed it with it's leather tube casing!!!!! As an owner of Intense version of MB, I thought that another long lasting monster is about to hit the shelves. Instead of violet dominated Fahrenheit-like fragrance you get more refined smooth gentlemen like scent. After first spray you get pleasant and smooth citrusy opening, which lasted about 1 hour and fragrance started to get it's turn to oud-violet-leather combo, which is even more delicious and conforting but not so into-your-face as Intense version IMO. Go and try it if you can.

Smellinggreat
Smellinggreat

Fantastic fragrance. Took a little time to appreciate the opening oud note but can't get enough of it now. For me, this fragrance is smooth and sexy. Actually, I want to smell it all day and night. Love it.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

alshujairy86, this is just your OPINION!!, What you are saying is based on your opinion of the fragrance. My opinion is that there is a dominant Oud note, I also get amber, saffron and pink pepper. To my nose this is a great fragrance for winter nights. I also agree with the other comments that stated that they get a leather vibe. When I first sprayed my sample, I thought....leather, but then I looked on Fragrantica and seen that there is no leather. I was very surprised to see that there was no leather in the Perfume Pyramid. In my opinion, Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz is a great winter's night fragrance.

alshujairy86
alshujairy86

Hello everyone,

This fragrance has nothing and I meant it "NOTHING" to do with Tuscan Leather. This is a Mercedes Benz Intense in a different bottle. If you really do not believe me, go a head and purchase it then regret your purchase. Upon sniffing it at work, I was really shocked to how commercialized this product has gone to promote for distinction and excellence.However, I lost my faith in most of the companies because their aim nowadays is after profit and not quality of product.

I am really disappointed to tell you guys that this is not what you think it is or has any similarities to Tuscan leather. I urge you to try before buy.

Additionally, I see some people have mentioned that it bore the note of Oud which is completely missing here. Nothing that smells like oud, or saffron, or pepper.

Onria
Onria

Completely agree with review below.
Very similar to Tuscan Leather minus the Raspberry, a very smooth perfume.
Well blended, there must be leather somewhere in this composition, although it may be the blend of amber and other notes. Perfect bang for your buck, well priced and if your interested in Tuscan Leather on a smaller scale (not too much smaller) then Le Parfum is for you!
Scent 9/10 so smooth!
Sillage 7/10 classy
Longevity 7/10 nice

grug
grug

Very similar to TF Tuscan leather in the opening and mid, without the sweetness of the berries. Not sure why leather isn't listed, but this definitely has a smooth sweet leather note. Perhaps it's the violet leaf and saffron combination. The dry down has hints of the drydowns of the forebearers to this - woody amber. It's definitely not a dirty oud note. Very good overall for the price here in Aus.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.