Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Gold Michael Kors for women
dislike

tuberose
Gold Michael Kors for women Pictures

Gold by Michael Kors is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Gold was launched in 2011. Top notes are freesia, violet and magnolia; middle notes are african orange flower, tuberose and peony; base notes are amber, woodsy notes and musk.

Freesia Violet Magnolia

Very Hollywood Sparkling

Gold Fragrance Reviews

fgamz
fgamz

I tried this one recently and to be honest I actually prefer this perfume to the original Michael for women.. It smelt much more versatile than Michael.. I actually thought i would like Michael better than Gold but after spraying them both I definitely like Gold better.. Michael just smelt like jasmine top, middle aNd base.. I don't mind the smell of jasmine but if I'm spending that much for a perfume I want diversity in the scent, not just jasmine..

st3vy
st3vy

when I tried it, my 1st thought was the fragrance is quite powerful, no hint of flowers.. then after some time it got softer and floral scent came out

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Gardenia and honeysuckle. Sweet and good sillage. Bright and modern with not a hint of soap.

Srebecca
Srebecca

it just smells too strong- stuck to my clothing for months!!

Rsamorose
Rsamorose

I got a sample of this and to me, it smells like Off bug spray. Maybe I will give it a second chance.

jelizani
jelizani

Anyone remember Revlon's Outrageous shampoo and conditioner? This smells exactly like them! Not a bad thing, necessarily, just a bit startling to catch that scent again after 20 years.

andabri
andabri

Very much a white floral scent. The tuberose is the front runner by a mile. The other floral notes sort of blend together to create a supporting cast.

It's very strong, I imagine on some people this would simply be too be offensive and overwhelmingly floral. On my skin it is balancing on the precipice of being too much.

I like this a lot. It's a very true floral, not masked by the musk or wood or amber. In fact they take a very backseat to the flowers, or maybe I should say a back row seat. It has a soapy edge, but I wouldn't call this a soapy fragrance.

I'm not sure I would call it elegant since it so loud. I guess the best way I can classify this is... it's not a young scent, it's a woman's scent.

For comparison's sake the original Michael Kors doesn't work me, but I can pull this one off.

Discoball
Discoball

Wearing this today and it smells sweet, soapy, powdery, floral and clean. A very freshly showered scent. The flower notes are very pronounced. I like it and I think it's nice for wearing to the office. Someting about this fragrance seems very modern to me. It's the opposite of the "old lady" smell if you ask me.

aschiffm
aschiffm

I really love this, its luscious and sensual. completely captivating on hot sweaty summer nights.

Im surprised everyone compares this to j'adore because i dont see the connection at all. j'adore is fruity and soapy. MK Gold is sophisticated and sexy. its a shame j'adore is the more popular tuberose.

and compared to the other kors fragrances, this is my favorite. the original can be too harsh at times (as much as i love the Moroccan spices), and the Very Hollywood is way too sweet. MK Gold is just right and sultry.

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

All I smell is tuberose. That's it. Not that great

Nernanator
Nernanator

I like it. Very similar to Fragile which is a cousin of J'adore!

hedonismbot
hedonismbot

This is just like the original mixed with the most beautiful vanilla and maybe a little less harsh on the tuberose, but I can see chemistry making this one a nightmare on some people. I really love it, I'm hoping to get a bottle for christmas, but I will milk my samples until then ;)
Lasts at least 12 hours on me

Michael Kors GOLD wafts in undulating waves of Dior J'ADORE, which must have something to do with the big, bad freesia found in both compositions. GOLD also offers blasts of tuberose and magnolia, along with the usual peony, and as the fragrance dries down it starts to seem like something of a floral cacophony, along the lines of EL BEAUTIFUL.

I don't find GOLD very appealing, unfortunately. Although I might appreciate these floral notes individually, they are battling here for dominance in a somewhat undignified way. Something like a cat fight between the strong floral components, each attempting to eliminate the other contenders by any means necessary. There's just too much raucous competition for the starring role.

The biggest bouquet on the block is by far freesia, but the other flowers, no matter how bruised and battered they become in this battle to the finish, refuse to back down. In the end, no one is willing to leave the island, the underdogs preferring instead to flout the rules to which they agreed before entering into the game.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Gosh, it reminds me of Very Hollywood a bit- its like all his scents smell similiar -nothing wrong with that- but might as well just buy one of them .

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Better than the original. Less spicy

boxofcrayons
boxofcrayons

Gorgeous. Strong. Lasts FOREVER on the skin. I smell coconut!? Adolfo of the 80's? Anyone?

Cams
Cams

Beautiful fragrance. A more refined version of the original. FB worthy!

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

I am drawn to "dark/heavy" scents and have to say I fell in love with this when I tested it. If I had to describe it in a single word, I'd go with 'bold'.
It takes a lot to impress me with fragrances and I will add one to my massive collection when it meets 3 requirements:
1. Staying power: If I can smell a fragrance more than 3-6 hours later without it giving me a headache or turning my stomach, I'm on it.
2. Compliments: I have allergies. Sometimes this alters my ability to smell a fragrance for what it truly is. If my coworkers have to be around me, I rely upon their comments to help me judge a "keep" or "fail".
3. Notes from beginning to end: If an unfolding of notes can keep me intrigued from start to finish, I definitely determine a purchase in the near future.

This scent met 2 out of my 3 requirements. Because I only tested it on a non-workday, I wasn't able to get my (thankfully, very honest) coworkers opinions. However, my husband's approval was a good indication that I'll be buying this before Christmas.

Side note: If you are drawn to 'light, clean, citrus, or ocean' type fragrances, this will not be appealing to you.

Lazaro
Lazaro

the key point of this designer. there are the aroma fruit-bearing and floral!.... this one nevertheless there is difference of others which are there is my sorrow more acceptable it has a smell in my opinion... DISGUSTING!
From the first splash you can feel something out of description... an incredibly powerful flowers smell. almost like the esteel lauder beautiful... disgusting. disgusting disgusting... not advisable for NOBODY!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

This sounds like you would be burying your face in a beautiful bunch of flowers with the amber holding it all together. Will be very interested to test this one on my skin - love freesias, magnolias, tuberose and peony - as long as the violet is not too prominent could be a winner! Also how long it lasts is important too.

Gold by Michael Kors 3.44 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Michael Kors Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gold by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gold by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.