Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Michael Michael Kors for women

tuberose
Michael Michael Kors for women Videos
Michael Michael Kors for women Pictures Michael Michael Kors for women Pictures

Michael by Michael Kors is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec. Top notes are freesia, incense, chinese osmanthus and tamarind; middle notes are tuberose, iris, peony, orris root and arum lily; base notes are musk, cashmere wood and vetiver.

Freesia Incense Chinese Osmanthus Tamarind

Florence

Michael Fragrance Reviews

gh0stly
gh0stly

I have been looking for a signature fragrance for so long and I decided to finally give this one a shot over the summer. So glad I did because this really sums up what I want in a signature type of fragrance. When I was 11 I fell in love with the scent of gardenia. It just hit home to me and still to this day I don't understand why. This fragrance is so beautiful, simple, classic and womanly. I just love it! Even though it does not have gardenia listed in the notes I think the tuberose gives that illusion because when I smell this it's that lovely gardenia fragrance that I just adore. Really there is no other way to put this fragrance then to say it is beautiful. Literally the definition. Even if I'm feeling a bit down or out of place this fragrance helps change that. I can confirm the other reviews here saying that it brings compliments. It really does! I myself am 19 and even though basically all of my friends are in their 20's and 30's, I get lots of compliments just about any time I wear this. My love for this fragrance will forever live on. <3

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

This is absolutely gorgeous!
I love floral notes but there's nothing like Tuberose. It's so incredibly unique and whilst this isn't necessarily the best tuberose fragrance that I have smelt- it is one of the better ones available on the market.

On my skin this is a very sexy and almost musky tuberose scent, there is a freshness and i get the freesia and the peony and the woody notes but it's quite musky which i didn't really expect. There is a hint of incense in the beginning which adds a slight veil of smokiness but it doesn't last very long. This tuberose is buttery, creamy but also fresh at the same time- it can be heavy and a bit cloying on my skin but i think it depends on weather and how much you put on as well.

Overall this is a fantastic fragrance, I probably won't repurchase it when my bottle runs out only because there are better Tuberose fragrances on the market- that's not to say this is a bad one but it's just not as interesting anymore. The lasting power is fantastic and the sillage is moderate so it's a good quality fragrance and you get what you pay for.

antihero
antihero

My favourite flower is tuberose. That being said I do not like this fragrance that is so beloved by so many.
For me it is artificially sweet and does not make me think of tuberose. No, it is more of a chemical gardenia that literally; and I do mean it, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
I in no way am commenting on the personal taste of the of reviewers that love this or attempting to be adversarial in the mean-spirited sense. Thank you.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

I can actually Taste it ! It is very strong . I could not identify any " traditional " notes ! It is a "man made" scent , 100 % synthetic compound , a Creation of hight quality . Very Interesting and innovative ! I would not choose it and would not wear it but I can't hate this scent either !
Well done !
Still, this is not my thing ! Voted dislike and had to washed it off me as it made me sick !

fgamz
fgamz

I love this.. I was definitely contemplating whether or not l liked this at the start.

If you don't like white floral smells, then you won't like this.. It smells very strong of jasmine/tuberose, I love the smell of white flowers such as jasmines so I'm a little biased lol.. I can smell a bit of the insense but does not overpower the overall scent. This is definitely something for an everyday wear, something you can wear to the office but also to a nice lunch with friends or whoever. A little goes a long way, it has amazing sillage and strong scent, it could easily be overpowering an coying if you spray on too much..

This is definitely a balanced perfume, the notes are beautiful and they definitely unique and work in synergy.. I strongly recommend you test this first before you buy since the smell will linger.. It definitely won't work on all body chemistries so I highly recommend testing it out first..

Overall I'm always on the lookout for a signature perfume that my children will remember me by, and I'm happy to say I have found my signature perfume. Yay!!!

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I love the scent. But bottle is bleeding between metal and glass. Scent is sparkling, sunny, happy, including all of them positive feels in it. Its loud at the beginning but gets tamed beautyfyllu. One of my favourites.... only if the bottle would be better.

joe70062
joe70062

Very nice tuberose. Can be worn year round. At first the tuberose yells a bit, then simmers down to a very easy and wearable scent. I liked it when it launched, and just as much today. I do have to say that it smells almost identical to Kim Kardashian's little experiment in the black bottle. This however, is made with better ingredients and has more lasting power. Worth the extra change if you've got it!

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

Michael, by Michael Kors, was one of the first fragrances to be released in the 2000s, and it has in its DNA all the drama and the extravaganza of oldest classics, for sure. Well, Michael, my darling, you are indeed drama and extravaganza yourself!

Michael Kors, we all know, is a brand of glamour, shine, glow. Michael Kors glasses and bags and makes are examples of what I'm saying. His perfume should have his style, of course. He needed a powerful fragrance for women, and he said, he wanted a perfume to be the ultimate female signature, elegant, classy, and fashion. So, Michael by Michael Kors is born.

The main character of the fragrance, all of us seem to agree, is tuberose. Beautiful tuberose note, a little agressive, but pretty, lovely, and again, so feminine! We have a fresh, luminous, dark, dry and creamy tuberose at the same time, thank to the complexity of tuberose itself and thank to the other notes. Well, we have freesia; fresh fresia that gives some garden sensation to the fragrance. We have osmanthus, really nice here, we have powdery iris, delicate peony, sweet lily, orris root, also powdery and earthy... all the flowers together seem to me like a bouquet, a flower farming, with a perfect balance between pretty little flowers and heady, pungent ones. But the effect is rich... the quality of the flowers is undeniable! Now, with the flowers I get the incense, and it just makes the beauty of the flowers to be even more stunning! In the fragrance there is also tamarind, and that's a very important point here. Tamarind gives to my nose in Michael a banana tone, papaya perhaps, and that fresh fruity smell gets mixed with tuberose and then we have a very tropical tuberose scent. And if you finish the composition with vetiver, cashmere and musk, oh, then you have luxury, wealth, magnificence, splendor! Seriously, it's so so rich, so voluptuos! Michael Kors, sweetie, you've got what you wanted!

Well, if you know some classics you may notice that Michael by Michael Kors might ressemble some of them. Fracas by Robert Piguet, a very beautiful tuberose based fragrance - and some perfumes that seem to have been inspired by it like Carolina Herrera by CH and Lou Lou by Cacharel - but Michael Kors is really modern, it's really 2000, as we say there is nothing dirty about Michael. It's dynamic, it's for the ladies of the new millennium, even though it's a little vintage. Who cares?, it's nice to be classic and it's important to be modern.

Great longevity, gret sillage, great projection, great everything in this section, my dear readers. It might depend on yout skin and nose. I would say it's a soft bomb on me. It's really potent but it's tender and gentle. But yes, it might suffocate some of you, specially who don't like tuberose. It might be too much, too schoking, to scary, because it's strong and it needs to be dosed.

Release the diva that lives inside you. Michael will make you fancy, flamboyant, because it's got "extravaganza"! Oh my dear, why do I need to be using all of those adjectives with Michael? They just appear in my mind and the fragrance leads me to that, I'm sorry... it's so much drama, darlings!

SoCal Gwen

geez, I checked for typos before I submitted. Sorry about that...

SoCal Gwen

First time review here, because I've FINALLY found my scent. Oh holy hell this is AMAZING. I don't even know what tuberose smells like, but I get loves freesia, and other scents that are familiar but I can't even name.

For decades I wore Estee Lauder Beautiful, but after menopause (LOL) I couldn't stand the smell of it. I was looking for a new summer scent since Laura Mercier's Almond Coconut has changed. (I wear Eternity in the spring, and Cashmere Mist in the fall/winter.) (with Fragonard's Emilie as a change of pace.) ANYHOW, this is perfection in a bottle. I tried coconut scents, jasmine scents, cherry scents...I couldn't find anythint that lasted and smelled nice without cheap-sweet or cloying. One spray of Michael Kors, and I was NUTS for it. I walked around the store, waiting for it to disappear, but instead the scent got better and better. It's an adult, delicious smell that matures and blossoms as it dries down. I can't keep smelling my wrist. I got home and shoved my wrist in front of my husband, and HIS comment was "Oh my God, you've gone back to Beautiful! GREAT!" Funny thing, since I hate Beautiful on me now and this is the most amazing scent I think I've ever worn. I guess it's my nose for Beautiful that changed from menopause?

I do't know. I just know it's been about an hour and a half now, and it's remaining absolutely deliciously seductive on my wrist, and I couldn't be more happy! Heads and tails better on me than all the Chanel's, the Jo Malone's, the Escadas, the Laura Merciers, and a host of others. Not even close!

My new signature scent!

spicetiger
spicetiger

Soft, heady, and so, so feminine. I tried this perfume out at Ulta today on a recommendation from one of the employees (bless her) and I was enthralled. It's the first perfume I've found that I would describe as chic. Floral but not ultra sweet or grandmotherly, it's a sophisticated floral that I feel could be worn at the office or the beach or anyplace in between.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Yes, it is tuberose, I know that because I've seen the note listed a million times for this and a million other perfumes... and that is the only way I know, having never smelled *actual* living tuberose. I absolutely get the musk and the cashmere wood... I suppose these are largely responsib;le for the smooth silkyu appeal this scent has for me. I am surprised that orange blossom isn't there, as I swear I detect its warm, golden honeyed loveliness. I dabbled for a moment with Elie Saab, hoping for a more orange-flowery Kors-sister, to no avail... and iris? It's got to be just the teensiest amount, as she and I rarely get along, and this perfume and I definitely do. My skin turns up the warm, spicy and vanillic in everything, and this is no exception.
I sometimes find Kors almost too jasmine-y, the sweaty, choking kind that is just to much, but then it magically backs off at just the right moment and acts ladylike again.
The whole composition is utterly feminine and sweet, as in floral sweet, which, with the musk and cashmere wood, almost gives the impression of vanilla. Vanilla sunshine. :)
Most importantly for me is the nostalgic value of this perfume. It is what I wore (over a bed of Egyptian musk) when my now-husband and I were dating, all hot and heavy... I remember him nuzzling my neck one balmy Florida summer night and murmuring, "Mmmmmmm it smells sweet back there." Sigh...

Catty

I just finished a bottle and bought another one.

I receive so many compliments when I´m using it!

This is a very happy spring-Summer time Tuberose scent. It´s Office safe, very pleasant and elegant; not agressive at all. It goes easily from morning ´til evening.

It´s a very sunny, feminine, optimistic scent.

I just love it!

lusilva
lusilva

Today i tested this fragrance, and on the moment a smelled just remember of Carolina Herrera edp. Michael Kors is a jasmine bomb, very elegant but too strong for me.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

A delightful light, airy tuberose, sweet without being cloying, on a background of white flowers and woods. I'll admit that to me this does smell a tad bit like Juicy Fruit gum, but for some reason I enjoy that! This is most certainly a daytime scent! Maybe even office safe. Great for spring or summer, this would really shine on someone college-aged or any woman wearing a flowing white sundress. It's intoxicating. Not sure if it is full bottle worthy, but I'm definitely glad I gave it a chance.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Beautiful creamy, woody tuberose. Its milkiness reminds me of multiple Bath and Body Works scents, such as Cashmere Glow and even Twilight Woods. More long-lasting.

Catty

This is a very soft, linear, pure Tuberose scent, what I love! this perfume is really very american style. We could say an "easy to wear" Tuberose. What I find by the way very update and modern.

Many Tuberose scents are really exquisite, such as Fracas and Boucheron. Both of them have this French "Couture" Quality. But if I use one from these 2 on 9:00am in a Meeting, my workmates will kill me.

As I begin my day very early and I go "no stop" until evening, I need classy but "multi-Task" scents.
Michael Kors is no doubt a very polite, classy and at the same time simple, easy and very wearable Tuberose.

You will smell divine no matter your day time!

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

After my mom confiscated my bottle of Angel when I was about ten, this scent was my reintroduction to perfume. I was about sixteen and it was my first exposure to tuberose. I became hooked and immediately began layering the perfume atop the body lotion (which was shimmery, if my memory serves me) atop the body wash.

In retrospect, I would describe this scent as literal. On me it had no imagination, no creativity, nothing to make it uniquely mine. It was just all tuberose, all the time. At times it was probably a bit much (like, in eleventh-grade Science class...) but I think it's actually a nice scent for a young girl just dipping her toes into fragrance.

MsPriestess
MsPriestess

After lusting after Nassomatto Narcotic venus I found this at a fraction of the price and it's just as good! A tuberose and white floral bomb both sweet, fresh and heady. Like a sexier version of yourself on a summer holiday dancing in a tropical garden and feasting on coconuts. Great silage and projection increases as it warms with the skin. Beautiful! Dangerous!

Agatha-Christie
Agatha-Christie

Does anyone knows if Michael and Michael Kors are the same fragrance?

nitschevo
nitschevo

First up: I find it rather weird that a lot of people love Michael AND think that it is identical to Kim Kardashian BUT that perfume gets a lot of hate and dislikes. Weird. Maybe it's just not summing up for me here but hey - if you love this scent but don't want to or can break the bank for it - give Kim a try. I saw a picture of her perfume collection on Instagram and she's got great taste!

Now on to Michael - a bunch of white flowers (tuberose taking the stage) that are lying beside a casually dressed woman at the beach. That is how I perceive this scent. Could also be a beach party, though. ;)

RGR
RGR

I am convinced Michael Kors stepped into my dreams and made a bottle of it.

In my dreams I belong in the jet set life. I travel to an exotic beach and arrive at a very exclusive spa. Heavy wooden doors open to reveal a lush bedroom where I sleep. There are copious amounts of fluffy, white flowers in every corner. My afternoons are spent sunbathing, having massages with exotic oils and enjoying warm sunsets.

This is the only way I could describe this fragrance. It is a pleasure to experience.
I love this fragrance so much I bought a huge bottle and my mother decided to steal it. Somedays I steal it back. So now its like a war. My only complaint is the bottle which is very hard to spritz the perfume out of.
(My mother says she broke a nail once.)

Bottom line ….. Michael is an exotic bouquet of white flowers. It has a warm musk and woody dry down which makes it clean, sexy and feminine at the same time. It feels like a luxury fragrance. I feel like a new woman when I wear it. I am in love.

Aquilone19
Aquilone19

I love this perfume for the way it reminds me of my mother, I have even started using it just to feel comfortable and close to home. It's a great one and interestingly has a strong lasting effect, more so on clothes after using Oud incense.. would definitely get another bottle, after all it's memories which matter most :)

Lily2911
Lily2911

A real atom bomb, just so strong and loud tuberose which completle killed my senses, i was not able to smell something. Definitively not for me. I like strong, oriental perfumes, even sweet fruity ones but tuberose is an unreliable flower which decides to poison me somehow.

ecerusen
ecerusen

TUBEROSE BOOM. classy, elegant and magnetic. you cant resist to smelling yourself. incense with a little bit sour notes creates mature seduction. but still its not my perfume yet, maybe a little years later.

houstcs
houstcs

So I have been playing around with buying samples for my wife, I sprayed this on my arm last night because I am gaining a new interest in tuberose .

I am not sure if it's the tuberose I am smelling, but every woman should own this. I woke up from a nap Hitting on my arm if that tells you anything.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

All I have to say about this is perfume is MMMMMMMmMMMmmMMmmm!
This fragrance is a very soft but provocative and intriguing, it has a soft suave confidence to it that is very beautiful .

On me the tuberoses and cashmere wood were very strong on me that lasted on me for a lot of hours and sillage was modest but never offended anyone when I wore this, I got complemented by more by men which always leads to curious situations that brought many a blush to my peachy cheeks. And the few women noticed it and went to get a bottle of it, of course it did not smell the same on them as did me ,but that's ok , so don't be surprised you be getting copy cats after they take wiff of this quiet provocative fragrance ,

I recommend this any season, any hour, anywhere any time !, its very office friendly (buyer beware your boss make will invite you for dinner after work! ) This will suit well when you don't want a loud perfume nor a faint perfume its just right in a good middle its soft as a whisper but captivating like a steamy secret, its very modestly elegant perfume a must have for a true lady.

pinktojen
pinktojen

I remember first smelling this my senior year in high school. It was still in magazines. This was my 2nd bottle of perfume. I was in love. I remember smelling fresh tuberoses when I was little in shanghai and this was exactly that. I still have the said bottle. 90% gone. I think I will buy a new bottle and keep the almost gone bottle. Nothing says elegance like this.

hadassa
hadassa

Va-va-voom tuberose with soft woody undertones, enhanced by powdery iris roots and flowers and made even more juicy by peonies and freesia. Just wow! I will definitely wear makeup and high heels while being perfumed with this one!

However, it is not buttery-greasy-overwhelming. It's strong but still very wearable, as if some natural poisonous note is taken away from the composition. It smells very smooth, modern, and not overbearingly natural (not very synthetic either).

Overall this is a great white floral with a very uplifting, golden, sunny vibe. It smells like spring and early summer, going out, drinking prosecco and chatting about uncomplicated stuff :)

I can't believe I was a tuberose hater before this one and Do Son (which is a completely different take on this flower by the way).

9/10 (not full 10 because it lacks complexity, but I personally don't need it here) :)

jellybeantree

Last time I had a bottle of this I got a stale banana smell and it didn't last! I think the bottle was as dud ! Now I have a new bottle and it's gorgeous and long lasting! What happened? I love this fragrance since the first time I smelled it when it came out. I don't know why I didn't wear it then. Now I live it again and it smells like tuberose and incense , nothing smells like it! It's unique ! Happy I retried it and didn't give up on this beauty !

Long time - no see. Second bottle and I have looked around for a while. Now I found it again. Bought the biggest bottle - 100 ml - Superhappy today! Wonderful Toberouse, Wood, Musk and Insence - great mix. Very longlasting on my skin. No sugarsweet notes but yet an airy sweet note around me.. Lovely!!

Länge sen. Andra flaskan och jag har letat ett tag. Nu har jag hittat den. Köpte den största flaskan på 100 ml. Superglad! Underbar Tuberos, trä, Musk och Rökelse- mix. Otroligt hållbar på min hud. Inga sockersöta doftnoter men ändå en luftig sötma runt mig.. Ljuvlig!

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

This is the most floral heavy frag in my collection, as I usually hate florals...but this is so lovely and even sexy ! I never thought tuberose could be sexy, but I guess Michael Kors somehow managed to pull it off! This fragrance reminds me of my childhood friend. Her mother used to have so many pretty perfume bottles on her dresser. Michael kors, armiage, Chloe, Chanel No.5, etc. all those classy, sophisticated frags;). I remember me and my friend always sneaking in her room to play dress up with her furs and pearls and of course, sneaking sprays of her Michael Kors Michael. I've loved this scent ever since, and its the one perfume I have besides Sui Dreams that I associate with my fondest childhood memories;) good times haha.

Michael is so classy and unique. The scent literally lasts all day and through nights of lots and lots of dancing and romancing. However, I came to say that I wore this today and I finally got the banana note everyone speaks of! I don't think it's a note actually, but all I could smell was bananas at first spray lol. It kind of freaked me out at first, but sure enough, it dried down into the Mochael I know and love.

I recommend Michael to all women. Whatever your tastes ate, Michael is sure to impress (especially the men.. They go crazy for this stuff lol.) it really does make you feel luxurious and sophisticated. Michael exudes elegance. i know that a lot of ppl associate tuberose with some very common, mediocre fragrances, but don't put Michael into that category without first trying it. It's a sexy, night time floral and I really can't see anyone disliking this one. Maybe that's just me, but to me, Michael is truly what a perfume is supposed to smell like. Feminine, classy, sexy. And most importantly, it makes you happy;) so ladies, give this a try if you can. Michael Kors is the new Michael-I bought mine at Ulta, so apparent this is coming back into style;) yay.

WARNING: yes, this stuff is beautiful as I said, but only if used in moderation! Be careful with over spraying, ladies, especially in hot weather. This is a silage bomb, and it can become cloying and sickly real quick lol. A few sprays will do, and your bottle will last forever;)

KKerstinL
KKerstinL

I'm here by ways of Tocca's Florence, which smells very similar to MK. They both develop nicely on my skin and I'm very surprised my body chemistry would be a match with such a strong floral.

It has a lasting power to be reckoned with, staying on for at least 6 hrs on my skin and I love it.
I usually avoid spraying my clothes as it transfers from the skin anyways.

This can easily become too much and a few drops on pulse points seems to be just enough.
I held off buying it for so long as I noticed a change during spring, it became cloying, prickly and hollow smelling somehow and on humid constantly perspiring days this is unbearable to breathe with subsequent headache.
It does much much better as a cold weather scent for me, when it peeks out from under my coat it's soft genuine smelling, creamy and very dreamy.
I bought the travel kit from Sephora, not the roller ball but a small refillable flacon with a funnel.
I'm not crazy about the transparant bottle as it will be floating around in my purse but then again, it's so small I don't expect the scent to have much time to age.
I was a bit hesitant to the cap design but relived to see it locks in place and seems fairly secure. Nevertheless, I'm not likely to use my favorite purse for a while and probably will get a tried and true Travalo. If our relationship continues on this happy note I'll invest in the big size and make sure it's a EdP.
So far, in my scented meanderings I learned most big florals smell horrendous on me, so does anything lemon/lime, it either goes by ways of pinesoil or at worst, cat urine.
Mandarin/orange is a different story as it smells divine regardless of the season.
Another thing that works wondrous on my skin but I have grown to abhor is vanilla and tonka bean.
I used Le Male by Gaultier (no typo), Burberry Brit (Ds & Drugas Shake shake senora-uurk) for years. I can not stand either of those frags currently. Too sweet, too enveloping and way too foody.
Curious it would be a white floral replacing that whole chapter.
Exciting discovery indeed.

healthyvegan
healthyvegan

My chosen winter floral. (I don't consider Flowerbomb to be enough of a floral)
Gorgeously deep and rich. The only problem is the bottle. It's just awful. The sprayer is in a triangle shape and built into the bottle itself. Mine has leaked all over the place for years every time I spray it. The tester bottle even leaked at Sephora when I tested it last month. Rediculous. Will think twice about buying this again unless they change it, even though I really love it.

rockegg
rockegg

When I was wearing this a woman chased me down the hall to tell me she wanted to go to Hawaii. I have to agree, it smells like a lovely garden of flowers in Hawaii. They could use this in travel agencies to sell more Hawaiian vacations.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

I adore the thick, buttery tuberose in Fracas, but sometimes the over-the-top frou frou-ness can bowl people over, myself--the wearer--included. Michael is an excellent modern-day alternative; a perfectly pretty tuberose up front, freshened with a bit of freesia and rounded out with a cuddly white musk. I agree with some of the other reviewers on the coconut-banana overtones, but it's faint, and adds a pleasant tropical touch to the overall composition. Surprisingly elegant, but possesses enough good grace and cheer for everyday wear. Very nice for designer fare.

Excellent longevity and sillage--spray modestly in warm weather.

Oahsa
Oahsa

تقريبا هذا من أقوى العطور اللي عندي

بس بصراحه أول ماخذته كرهته, كان وايد قوي وريحته بصراحه تلوع بالجبد

بس بعدين رشيت بس رشه وحده والعطر صار حلو

بس مب أي حد بعيبه هالعطر, لأنه بصراحه أحس ريحته نفس ريحة الهنديات والدهن مالهن والياسمين

ولا بعد أذكر انه كان غالي وايد وما حصلته بسهوله

عموما ما أنصحكم فيه أله لو تبون تستعملونه مع أكثر من عطر ناعم

وفنفس الوقت أنصحكم تجربونه

pansylady

Warning: Tuberose lovers only need apply

This is one of the best tuberose soliflores I have yet experienced- thanks to a dear and generous Fragrantica friend-

It is sooo much more satisfying than Michael Kors Michael Kors- (which starts off lovely tuberose, but loses its tuberosity in less than an hour, to be replaced by a wimpy freesia shampoo)

Michael has much better potency and longevity-

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I must admit that I'm not really into straight up florals.However I love the smell of tropical flowers like tuberose,frangipani,gardenia and lilies but sometimes in perfume these flowers can be extremely cloying.I recently bought this fragrance because lately I'm just not impressed with any of the new fragrances out on the market and I find myself going back to the classics.On my skin this fragrance is very exotic and intoxicating.Tuberose and lily are the dominate notes on my skin.The best way I can describe this scent would be a Hawaiian tropical garden after a rain shower on a sultry summer night.The floral notes in this are actually creamy.This could become very strong if over applied.No more than 3 sprays on the body.I really love this in the summer because the heat turns this into a wet lush exotic floral.There is some insence in this that keeps it from being cloying.The banana and coconut note that people smell comes from the tuberose and lily and the tamarind note.Tamarind is a citrus fruit found in tropical climates.When you mix white florals with citrus or fruit it often smells like a banana or coconut note.This is a clean floral with a sultry warmth.The drydown is soft and a touch earthy.You can really smell the vetiver on my skin it almost smells like a beach at night when there is dew on the beach grass and you can feel the dampness on your skin and the air is humid and warm.A lot of people say this is a buisiness or corporate womens fragrance but I kind of feel this is an every womens fragrance.This might not be an every day type of scent but it is pretty unique and I don't know of any other perfume that smells like this.Others only try to recreate.This is glamorous and I picture a goddess walking down a moonlit
tropical garden after a rain.The air is filled with a lush sweet perfume. She sits down on a bench and just takes a deep breath of the intoxicating flowers and her eyes close.This is a perfume that taked me to another place.Very exotic.If you want a tuberose perfume give this a try.If Fracas or carnal flower are too overpowering as they are for me, This is more of a wearable option.A creamy tropical floral that is just beautiful if not over applied and is gorgeous worn on a hot summer night!I am proud to have this one floral in my collection.

sophisticated
sophisticated

nothing much to say, it's floral and woody, since floral scents aren't the best thing for me, I can't rave about this frag, however, I also can't deny a very good floral scent when I find one and this one is absolutely one of those unforgettable must-have scents, even if you're not a floral scent girl, it won't hurt to have this one in your collection.. I did the same with Guess and it turned out that I sometimes feel like wearing florals and I stick to it for a few days, I have a quite limited floral collection but i'm proud of it :D

PetiteLily
PetiteLily

For 6 years I wore Serge Lutens Un Lys every day and then one day I was in Sephora and smelled the most deliciously gorgeous scent ever...Michael Kors.

babylima
babylima

white florals and gardenia, smells clean and elegant.
i read the other reviews and some people complain that they get headaches from it. that didnt happen to me. it smells nice on me, in fact i think this is a little underrated. i totally recommend it.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

he is right..it IS a signature scent..very sophisticated, long lasting..beautiful..He is a bit of an arrogant man, but he absolutely nailed it with this one!

benpaul12
benpaul12

Reminds me of the little perfume bottles and bath scents I used to get in Bali, in the little boxes.

An amazing, strong and feminine wonder by Michael Kors.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

This reminds me of my mother. Creamy white floral slightly sweet, smells like warm weather and vacations, it has a definite Hawaiian feel to me but a white linen wearing sophisticated woman vacationing in Hawaii kind of Hawaii. Love this, however whenever I used to wear it someone would ask if something is baking or if food is being made lol not sure where it came from, maybe the vanilla.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Gorgeous, elegant, BEAUTIFUL.....anyone who doesn't like this is probably using too much or just doesn't like white florals. .....this one is one to WORSHIP. I feel like an angel with this on. It's lush and so very pretty. I go between ohio and Florida and this perfume smells great in both climates-day or night and year round. It smells like flowers in a forest after a rainstorm. Like a breeze blows by and you smell a real flower dripping with water. I receive lots of compliments on this. It smells like an angel. Lasting power is great. Won't appeal to most of the young or most of the mature women. I think it will largely appeal to women in the 25-60 year old range. It's not young or mature. It's for grown women. Perfect day to night scent. I'm single, professional and in my late thirties dating like a madwoman and michael is the perfect scent for me.

ghostmyst
ghostmyst

This fragrance is special for me, centers me in memories of college, personal creativity, independence. The fragrance is floral and woody at the same time. It has an earthy quality that evokes the coolness of moist soil, moss and shadows ~ lying near a wooded bank as fragrances of meadow flowers drift by on the wind. Private, shadowed, nostalgic.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

*shudder*
As an open tuberose hater, I will try my absolute best to give an un bias reveiw of this.
At first sniff its honestly just pure tuberose. If thats your thing then great. It almost reminds me of tuberose essential oil or some kind of Juicy couture couture absolute. After a few minutes the tuberose fades (but never completely) and the peony comes out and rears her ugly head along with the strong moral support of the vetiver and thick musk behind her. This scent is not for me, but a tuberose lover will adore this!

fragscent
fragscent

The scent is very distinctive. I find the first note a bit comparable to Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise. Uniquely, the scent stays almost the same during the whole time. Just the strength of scent settles down gradually while it lasts very long.

veronicab
veronicab

I am loving the tuberose and freesia notes and overall has a nice floral with a bit of spice. I only have a tester size and probably won't purchase it anytime soon since I own similar scents. But this is a good, creamy version of tuberose without being too strong and offensive.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I could float on the tuberose it is so buoyant and strong at the same time. Very heady. There is a hint of a banana something? Not in the notes but I swear it is there, I originally joined this forum looking for banana notes so it's a big one to me. Adds a sweetness and strength that just isn't there in a lot of other heavy white florals. The woods and musk round out the fragrance and ground it so you don't simply float away on a cloud of white florals. This is just so magical to me. Good for day-to-night wear, lasts well and does well in both times of day, but spray with a light hand if you work in an office. This is a very heavy white floral so it could get overwhelming for others.

millie1980
millie1980

A warm, comforting perfume, not too sweet. It is sexy in a subtle way, not obviously attention-seeking nor overpowering. You could wear it either day or night. I've owned a bottle for a few years now, so perhaps I'm not as impressed by it as I used to be, but I remember loving the smell at first encounter.

stormyla
stormyla

I was prepared to love this based upon glowing recommendations from a couple of friends. These gals swore it was a man magnet.

It's sad as I found it to be very nondescript and pedestrian. It never seemed to develop into anything and completely disappeared within 2 to 3 hours.

I'm a big fan of tuberose even to growing some every year. There was nothing intoxicating, beguiling or tempting lurking in my bottle. C'est dommage.

francisrose
francisrose

I received this beautiful fragrance this year as a Christmas gift, and unfortunately could not smell for several days because of a bad cold! I finally was able to get a whiff of this gorgeous scent and fell instantly in love. The tuberose is the queen of this fragrance, and is blended with other subtle florals that mesh perfectly with her. A subtle musk comes in at the end and the drydown is so pretty. This is a very feminine fragrance. I love Amarige and White Shoulders which are also white florals, and this one can stand next to the classics with pride. It is a very rich and lush floral that has great sillage without being overpowering. Very lovely.

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

Labdanum? Tuberose? YES! and PLEASE! I am a baby to this. The bottle has only been in my clutches 6 months, and she's officially adopted. that song 'this girl is on fire' - should be the theme tune to this scent, (said: Fhuyyyy ahhh)
it really does turn heads, for all the RIGHT reasons - LOVE!!!!

rocioelizondo
rocioelizondo

I tested this finally today after reading so many great reviews about it and was expecting a lot....unfortunately to me Michal Kors smells EXACTLY like Bodycology's White Gardenia Body Mist which can be found in all major stores, (e.g. Wall-Mart) and which I used to wear all the time as a teenager. Brought back some good memories but I won't be purchasing this :) I am curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.

scently
scently

I got a gentle and pure white flower scent like walking into a fresh spring garden.
Divine!

annaiilyzii
annaiilyzii

An amazingly deep, sexy fragrance. It automatically smells warm and inviting. The blend of notes is so unique. I picture strong, classy women wearing this. It's got a sort of sweetness to it, but this is not to be confused with something young girls would wear. The woods in the dry down go so well with the tuberose, violet and musk notes. Awesome scent. I'll be wearing this for many years to come. I pray to Christ above this never gets discontinued. I've been wearing this since I was 16 and rotating it out with Alien by Thierry Mugler and the combination of the two when worn together is outstanding as well. Definitely recommend.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Am I the only person who gets a Banana note from this?!
Exqusite stuff, folks. Nice, little bottle, too.

ilovesmells

Thank you so so much to the generous Lookin4Happy for the 5ml mini! I had no idea you were giving me this :) What a lovely surprise! I LOVE this! It is my favorite perfume ever! All the notes work perfectly together. It smells exactly like Kim Kardashian perfume, thank goodness she copied it because I have several of her bottles & they are a perfect dupe without the expensive tag ;) This is the best tuberose perfume ever!

abominable
abominable

I have my perfume preferences. I usually pick the European style perfumes with white flowers undertones. I am participating in a fragrance testing by a fashion magazine and was given a small flacon of this perfume to try it out. Immediately after putting it on, having grown up in the tropic, I recognized immediately the tuberose scent followed by the freesia. It is strong when you first put it on but dries out into powdery and softer scent. Don't be fooled. This fragrance is very long lasting so less is more when you put it on. It quickly became one of my favorites. It is good to know that this perfume was created by a French "nose" and it is extremely feminine. I love this beautiful fragrance so does my husband.

kavi
kavi

One of the sexiest and most inviting scents I've smelt for women.

If there is something like this for men, Id get it in a heartbeat.

beebobbob
beebobbob

This is the most... UNIQUE,ELEGANT,SPIRITUAL,ROYALTY,ABUDHABI meets ANDALUCIA kinda perfume... if you concider yourself a Spiritual,selfconfident,unique person and wont settle for anything but the best.

write your name to this

MK!!

Whit
Whit

I know this frag has been out for a while and I've always smelled it when I go shopping, thinking it was nice but not sure if the tuberose would be too much for me. Well, I finally purchased this, mostly because I was wanting a warm tuberose scent for the holidays. For some reason, tuberose reminds me of Christmas and snow, LOL. Anyway, this is very nice and sensual and no, the tuberose isn't too much; it's just right. The sillage and longevity are great too, although it's not "monster sillage", it's still pretty good if it lasts all day and you can still catch whiffs of it. This is a romantic frag and it isn't sharp, at least not to me. I've noticed some comparisons to Kim Kardashian's frag (which I used to own) and yes, they are similar, but this one is better blended, IMO. So, if you're a tubeorse lover, give this one a go!

franksgirl
franksgirl

Great stuff for a date. I like its lasting power but somehow I can smell plastic in this fragrance .I layer it with lighter citrusy scent for a daytime

Minze
Minze

I had this fist in leg shine version and I absolutely adored this scent as it is very unique and special. Then I decided to buy the fragrance and I used it every now and then because it is very strong and has a heavy to enourmous sillage. That makes it difficult to wear it at work. I learned that when first my colleague and then my (female) boss bought it too and wore it either one of them or both at the same time. It started getting on my nerves then as it was the total overkill and body chemistry does (in my opinion) not influence the outcome. So it was pretty much the same scent no matter who of us was wearing it.

Now I prefer to wear it on Saturdays when I'm outside as it is really strong. But it's the perfect outside-scent - especially now in autumn/fall, leaves are falling brown and orange and the air is mild.

One of the few scents on my shelf I love, like and hate at the same time as I have to be in the right mood for wearing it. But give it away? Never!!!

AbbieB
AbbieB

Possibly my favourite fragrance in the World. Unlike no other. Always receives compliments and I rarely smell it on anyone anywhere. Very precious fragrance

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

In my book, a classic & a must have.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

it is very creamy and sweet but in very nice way. Very nice tuberose fragrance.

jellybeantree

I loved this until it started smelling like plastic flowers on my skin, gave it to my best friend, she loves it! Another one bites the dust !

Celtrino
Celtrino

Perfumes are personal, like your underwear. For me it smells the same way in the bottle as it does on my skin. Redolent of sophistication but with undertones of a warm desert night and all it brings.
I agree that this is to be worn with a light hand and not to be worn by those who prefer delicate scents. This isn't for the faint hearted as the Tuberose and Cashmere dominate. Works beautifully when layered and will last all day.

fumelover

I have mixed feelings over this one. When used sparingly, it smells very creamy with white florals and swirls of...vanilla? I know it's not listed but on me, I get straight up coconut and vanilla with some smoky woods thrown in. The woods save it, otherwise it would be way too sweet. I HATE the girly, poofy, candied scents that are out there today so this one walks a very fine line between those and something more sophisticated.

However, just a dab lasts you all day and what perfumes offer that these days? Not many. The flip side is that if you use too much and when I say too much, I mean like a full spray, sprayed dead center... you are going to attract bees and smell a bit cheap and boozy. No other way to put it. What is good in dabs, becomes very cheap with full sprays.

I'll give it this, it's different and you won't smell like everyone else. It's long lasting. The lotion smells very different to me so although I bought the entire set, I don't use it. It has a harsh chemical note which is in direct contrast to the softness of the perfume. Go with the perfume.

amberdk621
amberdk621

Omigosh! I wish there were a rating stronger than love because that is how I feel about this fragrance. I had a friend who wore it and I think she would spray it on during the day in the car because when she'd come into the room it would just waft around the room. And it suited her. I didn't think I could pull it off, not being as "exotic" as she is. But one day she sprayed me and it smelled so great on me as well. I even fell asleep smelling the shirt I had been wearing! Weirdo!
I rate this as good for anytime of year because I think it is. I love this so much that I almost don't care if it overpowers me or bothers anyone else, because I want to smell it on myself. I do get complimented on it as well. I think this scent is unique and feminine and very sexy. I simply adore it.
Oh and btw, the reason it may be similar to Kim Kardashian is because she copied it! Do your homework, this is the original and someone working at Sephora informed me of this when I went in to smell Kim's. In fact, I have heard that a lot of celebrity scents are like this. Too bad.
Love, love, love, love, love this perfume!

jmbmars
jmbmars

ANOTHER REMAKE! This smells exactly like Sand and Sable by Coty. A fragrance launched in 1981. I don't know if anyone else remember that one.

omixochitl
omixochitl

Tuberose is my favorite note and I really love it in this perfume. It's mostly about the tuberose (please do not mistake it for gardenia, they are very different scents) but it has a strong touch of freesia and a hint of tamarind, which is not listed here (it's listed in other places) but I definitely find its tart quality in this scent.

This perfume is sweet but not sickly and I agree with those reviews that say that Michael Kors has a tropical vibe. Some perceive it as coconutty but to me it's more like "banana bubblegum". Not in a bad way though.

It's über feminine and has gotten me many compliments. This scent was pricey but absolutely worth it: killer sillage and good logevity.

One more thing, Michael Kors is a strong scent. Although gone modern, this is a bold floral. This is for a woman, not a girl.

chowchow41
chowchow41

Ooooooooooooooh what a beautiful perfume. Its such a soft rich tuberose with a touch of fresia. I was looking for one as Jean Paul Gaultiers Fragile has been discontinuid and i wanted a substitute, There not exactly the same but close. I love it very feminine, classy and rich. Finally my search has ended and i found a new love.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

My sister hated this! Gave me her bottle, of which I was more than happy to relieve her of :D . I wore it the next day, smelled to me so beautiful almost like coconut, but not like the actual coconut, like if the combination of different notes create a coconut feel. So fresh, very sweet, but in a natural way, from the tuberose, not a canday way. That day, my sister picked me up, and with much enthusiasm in her voice and shock, she agressively asked me ''what perfume are you weraing?'' I snidley answered ''why , I'm wearing your , I mean my Michael Kors'' .. she then replied, '' you bitch'' .....ahahahaha lol. She realised immediately that giving this away was a huge mistake, and that there was no way on Gods Green earth or in hell would she ever get my bottlle back :)

FYI, i can see why some compare this to Kim Kardashian. But really there is no comparison. It's like smelling Chanel no22, then smelling a copy that lasts just a fraction of the time, and when you compare side by side, well, there is just no comparison

This is really evidence for me to not rely on the opinions of others. While it has some of the same touches... the total effect again, is just not even close

jellybeantree

Just ordered a 100 ml, yep it's a keeper for me. :) It's a perfect everyday fragrance and no one wears it where I am so that's a plus! It's really a special fragrance , hard to describe . It smells clean on me after a while. Which I like a lot!

jellybeantree

@cmaffuc this fragrance isn't discontinued but it is now called Michael Kors. I can't find it in some European countries but I think England still has it. If anyone from England knows for sure? Let me know. In the states its widely available.

cmaffucc
cmaffucc

Reviewers--
Has the perfume listed here, "Michael," been discontinued or reformulated and reinvented as "Michael Kors" with the incense top note? Or is this "Michael" still available? I am having a hard time tracking it down. Thanks.

TiaTia
TiaTia

I rediscovered this one on the shelf of my mother, she never used it, it was a gift. And so I gave it a try. And OMG, this one is so beautiful! Strong tuberose and woods, i loved it. But there is a note in it, that smelled like bananas sometimes, which i do not like. But it disappears after some minutes. and then there it is: woody, floral, strong tuberose and so beautiful. i get compliments whenever I wear it. if there wasn't that banana smell coming through sometimes, it would have been the perfect perfume for me. But people keep on telling me whenever I wear this: You smell so good, you should wear this more often.

jellybeantree

I have been grabbing this one everyday. It really has grown on me, it fits every occasion. The dry down is nice soft woods. I haven't touched any of my other fragrances this week. Happy!

acavicchi
acavicchi

A friend of mine wore this once on a warm summer day and it smelled like the nicest perfume ever -basically like a fresh magnolia tree in bloom in the spring. I asked her what it was, searched for it and bought it only to find that, on me, the fresh florals turned sour. That was really disappointing but it seemed to happen to a lot of my friends too, because it took me a while to give it away!

Akasha66
Akasha66

Fantastic fragrance!Lasts for ages,very strong on skin SO IT'S VERY EASY TO OVERDOSE ;)!Hard to find but worth every penny!
I don't wear it everyday ,but like to wear it day to day for a change... it's rather strong and gives you a strong notice in the crowd :) but I still like it. If it would be discontinued I would be sad cause it's very good fragrance.

spectra2012
spectra2012

I'm so jealous to those who enjoy this perfume, mine was a disappointment...first spritz was a strong floral scent (white flowers) which I like...but when it dries down...it starts smelling like an old leather shoes with jasmine inside...but please don't get me wrong, everyone's body reacts differently to any perfume...

katariina9
katariina9

My signature scent, discovered many years ago when visiting US as it was not available in Europe back then.

Finding Michael was like meeting soulmate... Although too much at first, really striking in fact (probably because I was barely 25 years old at the time) it haunted me for days until I went back and got a the biggest size EdP they had....

I believe this scent could make the kitchen table to feel sexy, its such a mysterious, feminine fragrance... and earns a lot of compliments from men, a lot!

Thats not the reason to wearing it of course - for me it smells like childhood, something very deeply nostalgic about this scent and I ve still not figured out what is the memory it recalls... smells a little like amaretto, that sweet bittersweet liqueur that sticks to your tongue and doesnt let you go:)...

May be its cashmere wood? Freesia very often does it for me as well, I adore this slightly tropical seductive note. Tuberose and vetiver are also my favourites in many cases. So this love from the first sight makes sense. However, I have to say, in a way I don't really want to know what it is that makes this scent so seductive and absolutely gorgeous. Let it be the mystery.

sharyssa
sharyssa

i guess i really am a fan of tuberose i like this fragrance so much i wore it 2 weeks in a row and i usually switch up daily i also have kim kardashians small 1 oz and they do smell alike and i don't like kim but i like both of the fragrances but m kors more. i also like one at bath n body works that had tuberose idk what it is but it is something about this scent that i really like i would make this my signature scent i think this can be worn year round.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

I love the opening of MK.
Like a smooth honeydew melon and white flowers.

Then the tuberose became eeky and a little mushroomy on me.

Really wanted to love it but doesn't work on me.
I would suggest trying it on the skin and give it 10-15 min as it really needs to be warmed up and work with your chemistry.

elina1976
elina1976

first meeting - a magazine tester. love at first sight. my favorite of all time. my reflection in the last 8 years. very feminine, very durable, unusual, my cup of tea. became a favorite perfume to all my friends. if you want to be seen - buy it.

moynah
moynah

So it was like this... I was waltzing through the store perfume dept and a sexy lil blonde scent sprayer planted at the end of the isle, said to me "hey i spotted your Micheal Kors belt, you gotta try this" No sooner as I had heard/seen her, she sprayed onto my wrist. and BAM DIDDLY BING SQUAT, ohhh my lordy lord, I was nasally transported to paradise. This scent, my friends, is that lil b*tch you wish you'd never smelled, cuz you know, it sets a new standard that the others cannot reach. TUB-ER-OSE Oh yeah baby, and then some wow-za! shes a real lil firecracker is this one, goes at you big time and is rounded off wrapped in cashmere. This surely is a big hitter in the scent world. I have yet to test the male version..but I daren't for fear of doing a "harry met sally" in the store

aschiffm
aschiffm

Very impressed this fragrance! It was exotic, intense and lusciously spicy. I have discovered my love of labdanum through this perfume. This would be so much fun to wear on a tropical vacation . The Incense and tuberose WOW! Felt confident, bold and sexy wearing this.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Smells like lacquer thinner... not even kidding. My dad's a painter. Just mix gardenias with lacquer thinner if you have to have this one and save your money. :)

ilovesmells

This smells EXACTLY like Kim Kardashian's first perfume. I could not tell you the difference.

alyaa
alyaa

Found this at a sale and bought it blindly without testing and wow , what a beautiful perfume. Tuberose is one of my favorite floral scents . Michael is mostly a linear creamy tuberose that lasts and lasts all day. All you need is a little and thats coming from a silage monster lover who usually reeks with perfume.

Jellybean
Jellybean

creamy tuberose/gardenia and I also get lightness and freshness from other florals that balance out the scent. I find some similarity with kim k. perfume which I find more tuberose/gardenia heavy then this one. Either way they are both great!

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

Accidentally, I got 1st bottle of Michael Kors at 10years before; it was pretty strong fragrance to me at that time, I loved to wear at evening whenever going out , anyhow someone comment it was very nice on me but I feel a bit over reactor of this perfume at sometimes, it depends on the weather, the humidity and your body temperature as well, I won’t say this is master piece of perfume you should have it but I’m glad to tried on it and I guess will not take another bottle in coming years.

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

If you like strong tuberose/ gardenia- this is something you must try. I bought it blind --unfortunately tuberose /gardenia gives me a headache- and MK made my head ache to the point i could hardly open my eyes. Such a migraine. The sillage is huge. ( I recommend spraying it on your ankles! And running outside to dry down). I told my mother in law she could have the bottle.....Then 3 days later i was doing laundry and what remained of the scent on my clothing was gorgeous. Clear and beautiful.
It's really a nicely blended scent, i think it's the best version of tuberose I have experienced ever-- and if it didnt bring me to my knees in pain i'd love to wear it.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Dear Yanama, if you like attract and impress man, fry some bacon with onion!
Dear kosmoskkuka, if you look the same like your avatar, I understand fully your love to tuberose! It fits good to your image.

I like Michael Kors Michael very much, even if I do not smell the tuberose really.
If I push my nose close in the sprayed spot, I could swear, there is no tuberose at all, but a lot of strong jasmine with some sweet esters. But if smelling far away, it really smells like hundreds very sweet tuberoses. This is unbelievable.
This is a rich and very oily fragrance, put it only on your skin, because it leaves fat spots on the clothing! Sillage - very good, longevity - until you have your shower.

I do not appreciate the flacon, I am always scared to break my fingernails on it!

bubububzy
bubububzy

This is the creamy floral heaven for me. I only have a small 7ml bottle. I believe that this is a strong alluring scent, suitable for evenings.

yanama
yanama

i love love this ONE!!! my signature. for 4 years.
but my love says its just OK .... so if its not exiting him i'll try to find perfect one... its all the question about what scent attract men....?????

fumelover

What saves this scent from being very common, are the woody notes. It's a BIG floral. An in-your-face floral that can go cheap with the wrong chemistry (mine).

However, after the opening, after about an hour, I am left with creamy woods which is really quite good. I find that I cannot wear it every day. It's nice once in awhile (a concert in the park, summer BBQ) but for more sophisticated outings, it doesn't work for me.

I am in my early 40's, so maybe it is a tad young for me because I've smelled it on thirty-somethings and it seems to fit better on them. There is a serious coconut note in here even though it's not listed which makes me think "tropical."

Nallely360
Nallely360

I have to agree with everyone. Michael Kors is extremely feminine and by far the best perfume!!Its my signature scent and I usually get lots of compliments when I wear it. It lasts all day and it makes feel fresh all day :-)

shirlee.beggs
shirlee.beggs

I found this perfume by accident whilst on holiday in the States. I am quite fussy on perfumes and the first note grabbed on a test and later when lower notes came in I was sold. I love this perfume and is one of my all time favs but difficult to get in Ireland. Also a perfume I have been stopped in the street and asked what it is. Usually end up buying a big bottle to last. My hubby also love the men's equivalent.

Csarina
Csarina

I had a big bottle of this a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I haven't seen it around in awhile, is it still available? I love it and would buy it again. It is a big floral feminine fragrance which always attracted admirers, and I hated telling anyone what it was because I wanted it for myself.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

TU-BE-RO-SE! Great!!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

On me this is a very big floral, Like most people I also smell gardenias. I wore it on a pretty regular basis for a few years...pretty much wore it out! I got to the point of where its now in the back of the perfume closet. Maybe I'll dig it out in a few years, who knows.

At any rate on me it starts big and stays that way for hours. I mistakenly combined this with the lotion (oh never again!!)

I like it but its floralness is TOO big, a quirt or 2 is all you need. Use only if you want to be noticed!!

gigiletta
gigiletta

really irresistable in a good way.yummy,classy and so sexy.it is only floral but not boring.vetiver and gardenia are perfect herbalic notes in this fume,i think.very good sillage and longlasting.reminds me banana republic rosewood,but this this one is more floral.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

I really love this perfume. It reminds me of gardenias, my favorite flower, though it has not gardenia in it. I do smell the coconut. Whatever it is I love it. I don't know if it has been reformulated or discontinued and replaced by Michael Kors by Michael Kors. Is it the same thing or something different?

megank4
megank4

I really loved this perfume until I moved, it got broken and the other contents in the box reeked of it. Anyway, it smells classy to me.

Leyl
Leyl

This is so strong floral,it is a good choice for those who love the smell of tuberose with a bit of creaminess inside. This is the creaminess side( the banana part )which made me buy this perfume and also tuberose and gardenia are my favorite flowers. But i couldnt use this perfume for more then 3 weeks ,it became overwhelming, too floral. İ didnt get any compliments about the scent from my friends and when i asked their opinion they told me that i smell just like a floral scent ,nothing original or different. But it has a strong staying power .

pixiecaramel
pixiecaramel

I won't forget the day that I was first introduced to Michael.
I was looking for a strong floral scent and was introduced to this fragrance, among others too of course but this is the one that by far made the best impression. I have only fallen in love more with it since that day.
This fragrance is great staying power on me and people certainly know you're near by. With a perfume as beautiful as this I cannot see this as a bad thing.
Funny that the notes listed here do not say Gardenia.
I will always love florals and have been on the hunt for a new one as I've recently finished my second bottle of Michael but I am yet to experience a scent so captivating as I find Michael.

Have only ever received compliments about it!

Louw
Louw

I've only recently discovered this scent and I'm surprised to find that I love it. Surprised, because when I first tested it on my skin I was put off by its initial heaviness. By the time I'd walked round the shopping centre, however, I'd become so captivated that I just had to rush back and buy the bottle!

At first, it is an assault on the senses - a strong and indistinct burst of almost fruity sweetness which reminds me very much of Amarige. After a while, it begins to soften and the sweetness gives way to something more floral - I'm guessing this is largely the Tuberose, although personally I don't find that note dominant. A hint of something fresh and slightly grassy starts to come through - not in a distracting way, but just enough to balance the florals. After a while, it dries down to a more sultry, woody finish.

It's certainly not a shy and retiring fragrance, but don't apply it too heavily, and give it a little time to let the initial exuberance die down and you'll find you're left with a quieter, more subtly seductive feel. Definitely one for evening use.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I tried this one many times and always ended up with an old tester which made for quite unpleasant associations where this perfume is concerned. I am so happy I gave it another go today. One of the perfume stores I normally go to had opened a brand new tester and sprayed some on my wrist. I have to say this perfume is gorgeous (if you like tuberose that is).

I love tuberose and already have a bottle of Kim Kardashian (which is all about tuberose). I love inhaling Kim Kardashian (I am probably addicted to the smell) but I've never worn it out because I think it is too sweet and too loud. This one is a tamer, less sweet and more sophisticated take on tuberose which I would wear out. It prefer it to Fracas.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is quite unique from any other perfume I own. I don't often gravitate towards tuberose-heavy scents, but this one I do appreciate. It is elegant, but also has an earthy and tropical quality. It's very musky with a hint of spice and incense. Mature, sexy, and beautiful. Staying power is impressive.

On another note, this is a fragrance that can become overbearing if you apply too much. It is an extremely heady white floral and once gave me a massive headache and nausea when I applied too much...so be careful!

CJ Jesse
CJ Jesse

I love love love this scent! I had trouble finding it in the UK. Just come back from Oz was at a show & had to ask a woman in front of me what she was wearing & it was this. I'd not worn it in 5 years so tracked it down whilst there! A very unique scent. This makes me think of velvet, Morocco, incense, spice, the beach (but in a hot sand tropical way NOT a coconut way!) & it is as far away from sickly sweet florals as you can get. I find it a sophisticated, rich perfume not for the shy! Without doubt my all time fav :-D

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

I remember how much desperate I was to get this fragrance, but wen i got it - felt like a waste ! no lasting power - zeroo ! Lasted maximum 1 hour :(

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

First impression was FREESIA just oozing globs of freesia! Now I can barely smell anything just a little musk and even that has to be sniffed nose right to wrist, not a long lasting scent on me at all, I got 2 hours out of it. Sorry Michael this is not a keeper for me.

Adorabella
Adorabella

I loved this scent from the time I first smelled it almost nine years ago. It's a wonder I've never owned it. That said, it's on my to-buy list. I have Marc Jacobs and they are quite similar but enough different to warrent having both. It's clean smelling and is perfect for day-time use.

lucifera
lucifera

yum! it's like marc jacons splash gardenia but soo much better :-D right now im testing the lastingpower, and this is a FBW! love it soo much
it reeks ,in a good way, imo not so boring at all, maybe at first sniff but after a few wears you'll fall in love

Vamy69
Vamy69

This just smells absolutely horrid on me. It is such a disappointment because I love MK. If you can pull this off fantastic! It just plain stinks on me.

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

I can't believe this was only given 1 star in the Luca turin book. . . i know it's subjective but I think it's amazing quality, very long lasting and unique.

It just makes me think of a shimmering, flowery glow... reminds me a tiny bit of gucci Pour Homme II, which is my fave ever so I guess that's why I like this..?

Only downside for me is the bottle, it's pretty boring.

It lasts forever too.

Camin
Camin

When I tried this on I was instantly transported to a fairytale bower; there was something ethereal and feminine, magical and faraway about this perfume.

I would describe this scent as sleekly whimsical--a bit bohemian but without acres of fabric and clunky footwear. Quite feminine and sometimes almost Belle Epoque. But adventurous.

Burnbaby80
Burnbaby80

Maybe I'm a bit of a heathen, but to me, this screams BANANAS - which I hate. My mother agrees, so maybe it's the family nose. I love 'Very Hollywood', but this is utterly abhorrent to me... sorry.

What is the difference with this one and the other one btw?

Alright I really love this one, but this perfume is SOOOOOOO strong, that the fragrance holds like glu! Even after taking showers and overnight etc etc.

So if you are thinking to go white floral for a night out dancing and are looking for something that will never never leave you again, this is the perfume for you!

skitten
skitten

A wonderful concoction of tuberose, violets and musky tones. Sweet, but mellow and warm. The scent does last forever and I feel like I am emit an aura of mystery and sultriness. My son hates it, but loves the bottle, as do I love the bottle it is in, I guess he can't like all the perfumes I love.
I will buy this again and again. As I am hard to please in the flower perfume department and to of stumbled upon this was a real treat for me....x

LIN

Such a disappointment!! i found out that something about this smell gives me a headache and notious feeling...i'm very curious to know what makes me feel that way. i love this perfume, but turns out i'll have to give it away..

LIN

such a warm and feminine scent. not an old one at all! very unique and intoxicating. i get a lot of the tuberose, the wood and the musk..i think it's gonna be my signature scent. perfume to die for!

pureblonde
pureblonde

What a gorgeous fragrance - simply stunning! This is not a shy fragrance though I find it's overall composition lends it to remain soft with a creaminess I absolutely love. It's beautiful, warm and inviting. Staying power is amazing, lasts all day for me. Will definitely be keeping this beauty as part of my collection. Love it!

DarkMindLightHeart
DarkMindLightHeart

I have a habit of snapping up fragrances I have never smelled when they are on sale or if it's a good deal.
I figure what the heck, if I hate it I can always gift it or use it as air freshener. It's a fun thing to do, you aquire a large collection, experience different fragrances, and sometimes you find something really awesome. I got a 1 oz. bottle of this in a gift set I stumbled across at Belk. It was on clearance from the Christmas inventory.

I do not like this one. I suppose maybe it's just my chemistry, as I'm pretty sure it would smell gorgeous to me on someone else, as evident by all the good reviews.

I have oily skin, which holds on to fragrance quite well. I can say the lasting power of this on my skin is exquisite (it's it always when you DON'T like it?). However, it is incredibly strong from first spray and up until about an hour later. It's a screamer, sharp and acidic. Once it finally starts to settle down a bit, I get this "dirty" nuance. It's like nice fragrant flowers that have just been planted in commercial potting soil, and the soil is very dominant and overtaking and floral scent. It smells really chemical and artificial. It's cold, and almost linear from start to finish. I don't see this as a young or fresh fragrance, but more suited to a pants suit wearing, kick ass female executive in her 40's-50's. To me it is not romantic or warm, just very brash and metallic. Very 80's almost, and it just gives me a headache.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I worked for this brand. It had a lot of fans, especially for the leg bronzer thing in the line. The large bottle could feel quite luxurious, the scent another matter. I couldn't tolerate it, too 'too', maybe pretentious is the word I am looking for. And also presumptuous, not very nice qualities I'm afraid.

no, no, no.. for me this smells like a cheap floral deodorant.. so common, and so CLOYINGG... its cheap, so you dont have to expect a lot from this.....

chance25
chance25

This scent is such a main stay in my perfume wardrobe. It's lush, long-lasting and memorable. I sometimes catch clean smelling whiffs of iris, but the over all composition is really made up of tuberose. Not like fracas or jo malone, but a medium strength tuberose. The base of musk and woods make this a sexy scent. It's funny because this has a reputation of being a really bold scent, but to me it smells soft.

Michael kors is a great smelling fragrance i get alot of people stop me and ask me what im wearing and alot of my friends have went out and bought them some of your alls perfume great job and hats off to you all.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is one of my favorite fragrances.It is very unique with the scent of incense and Tuberose and perfectly blended I just can't get enought of it.I just want to spray this on my sheets and around my house.I am obessed with this fragrance.I adore how I can wear it no matter what weather its never too strong always just right.I hope this fragrance will never be discontinued its amazing.

derqueen
derqueen

Strong Floral, strong Tuberose. It accentuates the femininity.
You have to use very little to enjoy this rich, and special perfume.

LenaBel
LenaBel

God, this is a strong floral scent! One flower dominates in this composition which is tuberose as I can see from previous reviews. I sprayed very little on the paper strip, first thought it is quite nice and put it into my pocket. After about 15min it started to annoy me so I threw the strip away and could still smell this perfume for almost an hour. It is not not a bad scent but it is so strong that it can induce a headache. Warning for those who have headaches from floral perfumes.

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

Four years ago I got a little bit obsessed with this perfume the first time I smelled it in Changi Airport-Singapore. I just love the tuberose from it. No need to say more...it is now in my perfume cabinet.

I have just discovered this fragrance thanks to your site and it is now one of my new favourites. It is bold, without being brash and has a creaminess about it that is so scrumptious. It smells similar to Prada on me, which another of my favourites, but is obviously more floral. I love it. Thank you for bringing this wonderful scent to my attention :0)

Girl007
Girl007

This is definitely one of my all time favorites! I received this perfume as a gift from a secret admirer at work for an X-Mas gift. Of course he revealed himself to me later on. He was a model and was modeling for a Michael Kors shoot. He was given perfume and cologne and he decided to give me the bottle as a gift. I have been wearing it ever since. It's been five years now. I love it. I don't think I'll grow tired of it; at least I hope not. I hate when a scent suddenly doesn't appeal to you anymore. So far, I'm still wearing it and getting compliments. Men always tell me I smell good, so I will definitely keep Michael in my wardrobe of perfume/scents!!

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is truly one of my favourite perfumes for women ever. The first time I smelled it, a girl walked into a bar and this gorgeous scent filled the space around her. I had to ask her what it was because it was unlike any other perfume that I'd smelled to date. I now wear it myself and never want to be without it. It's gorgeous. Tuberose and incense notes combine beautifully to make this perfume so unique. It's definately floral but there's an edge to it that I've never smelled before. The throw of this perfume is massive and it lasts a hell of a long time. I constantly get asked what I'm wearing when I wear this. I kinda wanna keep it a secret though...dunno why! :)

Trvevil
Trvevil

Agree, that this scent is screechy. It's pretty loud floral. However I like it.

I started trying it just by taking home paper strip and I constantly kept sniffing it while I was sitting by pc.

Today I tested it on my skin and at first it was sweetened floral in kinda sugared way that soon disappeared leaving the white florals like it smelled on paper. I would describe it as big white flower with thick petals that is swaying on wind with squeak.
It has pretty character and I would sometime gladly wear it when I want to cheer up and feel comfortable.

It stays intense and rich few hours, then fades and there's only close to skin faint woods remain.

It's kinda affordable and I see myself obtaining a small bottle of it. The bottle itself is interesting, modern, minimalistic and nice to hold.

If you're a big fan of freesia or tuberose, (or the both combined), and love strong, heady florals, then you can't go past Michael.

Michael is all flowers. Rather strong and overbearing bouquets of the stuff, but surprisingly a scent better suited for wear in the warmer months.

This fragrance has a slight shampoo-type scent, particularly in the drydown, which does give this fragrance a fresh and clean like quality which you'll either love or hate.

Michael is definitely a sillage monster. The scent will linger in a room hours after you've left. The lasting power is also pretty powerful, so less is more when it comes to applying this perfume.

From my perspective, a floral-loving one, Michael is a little too strong and nauseating for my tastes. From a distance this fragrance smells divine, however the closer you get the more it repels. If the scent had been made lighter, I'd most likely be giving Michael the thumbs up, but for now Michael is getting the thumbs down from me.

pansylady

Top notes were fantastic- powerful white flower punch- but I was surprised and disappointed at how quickly it dried down into a faint shampoo smell-

ktv0926
ktv0926

It's a beautiful fragrance; I can see why everybody likes it. Well done rich floral. But it somehow seems too mature for me (I’m 26), can't imagine myself wearing it.
Despite that, I find Michael very attractive, with a positive and joyful attitude, it will definitely cheer you up!

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I love this fragrance! The tuberose takes me away...to a european country on vacation. I love it! So fresh & floral.

kevaana
kevaana

Disclaimer:All the reviews are my own private opinions. I respect all the tastes and preferences.

Sincerely, I really like this fragrance. First I hate it but now I have a total opposite opinion.

When you splash the first drop on your wrist it smells like bursting caramel with a touch of green powdery freshness.

After couple of minutes you begin to smell its carnal side. It has a big sexuality in his juice. The tremor of your olfactory senses emerges from the carnal notes of the tuberose, peony and iris.

In someway I feel dirty, but in a sexy way. I have the feeling that I have not been a good girl.

allexa27
allexa27

Very strong tuberose scent.Till it dries down it is too strong and give me a headache,but after a while it is very nice.It reminds me of Amarige a lot..

guest_CharlestonJap
guest_CharlestonJap

This one is a very..."weird" purchase! You either gonna love it or hate it. When I first sniffed it, I found its scent rather strange and unprecedented. It's definitely not for everyone. However, the more I wear it, the more addicted I become to it. And it's not that I got used to it, because I like changing perfumes and trying new stuff. This one is sooo captivating! My friend really likes it! One the other hand my mother thought it smells like a...mice repellent!!!!! Ok, this is a matter of taste, but I think one should try it. Just go to a store and give it a try! It's really interesting and special!

dannynguy3n
dannynguy3n

Michael is one of my favourites. It was love at first sniff. I fell in love with it when it was launched in Sydney years ago. It is floral, sweet, strong and opulent just the way I like it. I even have the parfum bottle which is very heavy glass, exquisite.

This one has to be one of the worst scent around. I'm not even sure it was Michael or another one from Michael Kors. I got confused when designer have so many fragrance and spit them out like mushrooms every now and then.
I remember trying it in very classy perfume store and overdone lady was all about fashion and latest "exclusive" American designer scent: Michael Kors. she told me about tuberouse. Ok.
It happened to me the same thing with NR but there I was more lucky :-)
She sprayed it onto my fair, thin, innocent skin and it seemed to me that they poured some kind on chemical unknown liquid. My nose said: toxic!
Never smelled such a revolting concoction of strong flowers and broth-like smell, like that thing they put in Chinese food. Incredibly long lasting.
I've never dared to go close another MK scent. Once in a while I agree with Luca Turin, whose "expertise" I consider to be only a matter of personal tastes plus some education.
They give me a feeling of grossness and the bottle are so cold-looking. Now, if I ever had to change idea about MK, it would only means scent is a very strange world.

guest_Andrea
guest_Andrea

This one really varies according to body chemistry. I smelled it on a friend and it was a beautiful, unique summery floral, but when I tried it, it smelled hideously cloying with an unappealing jasmine (?) scent on the dry down. Other friends of mine tried it and it didn't work for them either, quickly turning unappealing.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smells like your typical Tuberose based scent, but I like it. Smells very nice

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I love this, this is so special! Before I smell this, I didn't know I love tuberose so mcuh. Now I am collectiing nice tuberose perfume coz thi sperfume inspired me a lot. What a romantic scent.

guest_Jima
guest_Jima

I agree. The first time I tried a tester at a store, I thought NO WAY! But I bought it after wearing it 2 hours in the store shopping. It smelled better once it mixed with my natural smell. I have noticed that the longer I have the bottle, the less time it takes to mix. Now it is the only perfume I wear. But I buy a new bottle before my old bottle is out and spray it a few times, then let it sit. I get compliments from everyone on it whether I'm at a romantic dinner, grocery store, work, or at the bar, and even though I am a smoker... they will never know!

guest_Cresta
guest_Cresta

всегда хотелось бы им пахнуть.. мой самый любимый.. другими пользуюсь лишь для разнообразия...

Mals86
Mals86

I agree with other reviewers that it's quite strong and should be applied lightly! I find that if I even spray too heavily before walking through the cloud, this is bitter and unpleasant for a couple of hours. So I spray lightly and walk through the mist (my usual application method with strong fragrances).

I am a big tuberose fan, and the overwhelming impression I get from this one is that tuberose is the big star, but there are some terrific supporting cast members here. I particularly like the round spiciness of labdanum, the sweet freshness of peony, and the warm richness of the cashmere wood (which I know is a synthetic accord, but little I care).

This tends to last about 6 hours on me, even with a light spray. From 4 hours on, it is mostly a skin scent that simply persists, making my day pleasant.

frangipani
frangipani

I just ordered a mini bottle from ebay and wished I hadn't. As much as I think it is a chic and sophisticated perfume, it is way too in ya face for me. I should have listened to what was written in the other reviews. Too floral for me but I could see how this may suit some, just not me by a long shot!

Cherub573
Cherub573

Smells rich and luxuriously feminine. Sophisticated and sultry. It is not demure. I think it's a gorgeous scent meant to be worn by people that like to flaunt their fragrances. I actually don't wear it myself, my mother wears it and I love it on her. Smells like gardenia to me, but I know it's supposed to be tuberose.

Rach86
Rach86

I didn't initially like the smell on my skin, but the other night I said "what the hey" and spritzed it on before I went out. To my surprise, I received many compliments on the freshness and the light, woodsy scent. Men seemed to respond to it well. Not too girly, not overpowering, just sexy and unobtrusive. I will wear it again.

PR
PR

don't like this one Michael and another Michael Kors, both are unremarkable and common, wasn't impressed at all when tried them

Kama
Kama

I love this scent as well! It is my signature scent...
Everyone keep asking me what I am smelling wih when I am wearing them...
It is also hige man magnet...
I had man asking me for date only because I am wearing them...

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I love this scent. On me it smells like my childhood memories of the gardenias planted by the front door. So that it all I smell. I love this but unfortunately it is sooo strong a scent, it give me a perfume headache :( It is beautiful though.

Tovah
Tovah

Michael does amazing things with my chemistry. It's a strikingly beautiful tuberose scent that smells like an oasis on a hot desert evening. Purely gorgeous!

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is one of my very favorite fragrances. Ever since I first smelled it, I knew I had to purchase this scent. It's exotic and completely intoxicating. It smells like tuberose, spicy, and a blend of fresh, tropical notes. It's very strong, so you must use it with a light hand! I spray it on and instantly feel uplifted.

Michael by Michael Kors 3.92 out of 5 based on 825 ratings and 164 user reviews

MICHAEL KORS for WOMEN by Michael Kors EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
MICHAEL KORS for WOMEN by Michael Kors EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
Michael Kors Collection - Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz. N A - Beauty
Michael Kors Collection - Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz. N A - Beauty
Michael Kors Perfume by Michael Kors, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Michael Kors by Michael Kors TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
MICHAEL KORS for WOMEN by Michael Kors EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Michael Kors Perfume by Michael Kors - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Michael Kors Perfume by Michael Kors - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Zappos.com
Michael Kors Collection - Michael Kors Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz No Color - Beauty
Michael Kors Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Gift Set
Michael Kors Collection - Signature Summer Gift Set No Color - Beauty
Michael Kors Collection - Signature Summer Gift Set No Color - Beauty
Zappos.com
Michael Kors Collection - Michael Kors Eau de Parfum for Women 3.4oz No Color - Beauty
Michael Kors Eau de Parfum Spray
Michael Kors Signature Eau de Parfum Set 144 Value One Size
Michael Kors Signature Eau de Parfum Set 144 Value
Michael Kors Signature Eau de Parfum Set 144 Value
Gift Set 3.4oz
Michael Kors Collection - Michael Kors Gorgeous Summer Gift Set No Color - Beauty
Michael Kors Sport Citrus Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Michael Kors Sport Citrus Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Michael fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Michael Kors Michael, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Michael by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Michael by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.