Designers » M » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Michael for Men Michael Kors for men

Michael for Men Michael Kors for men
dislike

tobacco
Michael for Men Michael Kors for men Pictures Michael for Men Michael Kors for men Pictures Michael for Men Michael Kors for men Pictures

Michael for Men by Michael Kors is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Michael for Men was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont. Top notes are coriander, fir resin, tarragon, star anise, caraway, bergamot, cardamom and cinnamon; middle notes are tobacco, incense and suede; base notes are sandalwood, plum, patchouli and dried fruits.

Coriander Fir Resin Tarragon Star Anise Caraway Bergamot Cardamom Cinnamon

Vintage

Michael for Men Fragrance Reviews

ReidyBo
ReidyBo

Circa 2001, from the bottle I'm greeted with a very nice, smooth and bright but yet "deparment store-y" kind of bergamot spice thing. The same could be said for YSL LNDL but enough of that. At the top it's bright and spicy, with a kind of yellow-ish vibe I guess could be called the urine accord. Then after a few minutes the notes die down, and something akin to honeyed whiskey or cognac mixed with a dense fruity air and some spice still develops for another two to three hours. Then the woods and suede, which in this seems more leathery, comes out to play and mingles with everything until it's just suede and woods with the faintest spice for another four hours. Projection was average and sillage was great in the 40-45 degree F weather.

Conclusion: A great buy, but not as safe as the designer name would warrant. Definitely try before deciding.

apixiefan
apixiefan

its delicious. And it has a urine-like note that is incredible. Its probably the dried fruits and plum, which are kinda akin to how dried prunes smell. If I didnt love Prada/Amber so much, this would be my go to scent. But this is a masterpiece. Do yourself a favor and get a 4oz bottle. Warm or colder weather, this lasts on me, 8-9 hrs.

brandonR
brandonR

Oh what a good boy am I!! MKM is just magical! Plain and simple! There are very few scents that I own that just scream Christmas the way that this one does. If you put MKM on around the holidays and are still in a pissy mood, then you desperately need a visit from the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future in the worst way possible.

Wearing this fragrance reminds me why I started collecting these bottles in the first place! A warm blanket of light tobacco and anise wrapped in dark, dried fruits surrounded with enough plum to make Little Jack Horner green with envy. It's dark and mysterious while keeping cheerful and upbeat. People are going to like this and want to be around you in a big way. In retrospect, MKM is what Yatagan should have smelled like. Make sure this unique scent in a very un-unique looking bottle is on your try it list, then be prepared to have your credit card ready.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Michael for Men by MKM is a deep tobacco/spicy frag with a warm vib of honey thou it's not listed. I own vintage Nicole Smith for men, they are both similar with a rich deep aroma of amber and honey making it very luxurious. MK is much more complex with herbal/woodsy notes with a rich aroma after it settles.
What brings this fragrance at very sophisticated level is cardamom, anise star and dried fruit all coming together beautifully with patucchli making it fantastic.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting well past 8hrs...very consistent with minimal change in aroma.
Final thoughts,
The fragrance is perfect during the fall/winter months, with the warmth of your body this opulent frag becomes alive. The fragrance is perfect for a very special occasions. A very charismatic juice...rating is definitely high...9/10

tomerits
tomerits

B E A U T I F U L !!! one of my fall/winter favorites and, imo, one of the best masculine fragrance out there.
longevity - great
sillage - great
i feel very confidence when i'm wearing this one.
a very good smoky scent that is perfect for cold weather and will get attention.
my rank 5/5.perfect.get it while you can.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

MKM is a powerhouse classic. On me, the notes are tobacco, dried fruit and incense. Longevity is terrific with moderate projection. I wear MKM year round, but I'm careful in the summer, not to over apply. One of my favorites and a must buy for lovers of masculine, dark scents.

majecatracho
majecatracho

tried to like this and was looking forward when i got my sample. too weak in projection and longevity,at least on my skin. the smell is ok but nothing that would make me compromise it's shorcomings.

Commodity12
Commodity12

Smells excellent.....STRICTLY FOR WINTER..... It is strong as all get out. 3 sprays or someone may get hurt.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like the top notes! Dried fruit and incense, which to me always smells woody, so I interpret this as a fruity-woody scent. Nice!

But Pure Malt it ain't. I have a bottle of that. Pure Malt is much more complex and better.

The deal-breaker arrives as it dries down about a half hour later - then I get that all too common synthetic note that I associate with the inexpensive scents always found in Ross. It's sort of a pungent "yellow" note. I suppose it's used in perfumery to suggest tobacco. Anyway, I dislike it. It says "I'm cheap."

Projection and longevity is about the usual thing, which is to say disappointing.

brucifer
brucifer

This is just a beautiful fragrance. I will always keep a bottle of it. Perfect balance between the tobacco and incense and the dried fruit, plum and patchouli. Initially the tobacco and incense comes through but then it sweetens up but not too much that it becomes a summer fragrance.I love the bottle as well. A++ in my books.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I find this a little bit tweedy, feels a bit like a men's fragrance was made because it had to be. The women's selection of MK is superb, they are classy. This though just doesn't spark any imagination, boring bottle, boring drydown. The opening though I liked, pretty fresh and spicy, I get the cardamon and cinnamon, lasts pretty well, just a little average for me.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I've only worn this fragrance one time but, to me, it smells nothing like Pure Malt, Pure Havane or anything else that I can recall. To to be brief, I liked it...but there was something in this fragrance (dried fruit, incense, my nose, who knows!) that was just a little off. Update: after a couple more wearings I've come to like this fragrance a little more (but not love) and the dried fruits note doesn't irk me as much as it once did. Moreover, I do appreciate how it smells like fruity, dried cigar tobacco. I feel MKM is a definite try for tobacco lovers; to me, it comes close but no cigar.

X-hot
X-hot

Great and sexy smells,for real men only!

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

Just got a sample from Fragrancenet.com and I am surprised. It is very heavy in tobacco, fruits, and incense. However, it is backed up by spices and woods. It smells very masculine and rugged however it is not in your face. Michael Kors for men is pleasant with soft to moderate projection with decent longevity 6-8 hours but it will sit mostly close to the skin. This is perfect for dating, casual, or even dressed up because it smells classy enough. I would say it has a similar vibe to pure malt with regard to the berry note. However, I would say this is closer to pure havane and burberry london the pure malt. This has the spice of burberry london which almost gives it a spiced boozy wine or liquor accord. This is probably from the anise and cinnamon with fruits and incense. Overall it is a very well blended smooth cologne that is undoubtedly masculine. The biggest downfall is projection and longevity. With this many dark and heavy notes listed one would expect it to me beast mode in both regards. It is not! This will sit on your skin and not want to budge after even only a short while. If you are looking for a darker cologne for fall and winter to use in a work or dating situation this might do the trick. You will smell good and masculine without chocking anybody out. I would still recommend pure havane.

zehjoe
zehjoe

For me its a nice Tobaco and honey. Nothing of Pure Malt here. Its warm, sexy and masculine. Nice choice for dating.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by.

Very syrupy sweet fruity with a good dose of syrupy tobacco.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I've been wanting to try this one for a long time. People were saying that this smells like TM Pure Malt, so I had to try it. I must say, I'm very impressed.

I sprayed this on the back of my hand and I thought that it smelled similar to Pure Malt. It opens up with fruity notes sprinkled with some spices. I think the opening smells much better than that of PM. When it dries down, a very nice tobacco note shows up and this fragrance becomes a tobacco based scent. It also loses the fruity notes and gets very woody and spicy. It starts out like PM, but it morphs into something else in the dry down. So, if you're looking for an alternative, this ain't it.

I really like this fragrance, but I'm not sure that it's for me. Its a bit too tobacco-y for me. However, this would be perfect for the gent that likes tobacco based fragrances.

This stuff is great. Give it a try.

Roman86
Roman86

I'm convinced there are two formulations out there of Michael by Michael Kors. One time I tested this at a Perfumania store a handful of years ago and it smelled absolutely divine and I couldn't stop smelling my hand and became accustomed to the smell. Then maybe a year later I bought a bottle at T.J. Maxx and it smelled nothing like the original one I smelled a year prior. It was still nice but smelled nothing like it did before. I'm convinced that Michael Kors for Men has been reformulated for a while now and a shell of its former glory. The new version isn't all that bad but nowhere near as rich, lush, sexy and sophisticated as the original formulation.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler with spices and tobacco added. It opens up with in your face spices and sweet fruity accord with a touch of tobacco. It then quickly mellows into very nice light fruity tobacco scent with the spices toned down a bit. Moderate projection and good longevity on my skin. A cheap but very underrated masterpiece IMO. It's complex and unique in my book. A throwback scent maybe but my kinda scent it is. The scent gets 4 out of 5 from me. I love it!

redfive
redfive

Purchased 1 oz blind of this--glad I didn't get more.
This is actually very nice, for 30 seconds while the top boozy note eclipses the synthetic tobacco scent.
I find that many so-called "tobacco" colognes do not smell much like tobacco at all. Instead, they have a mixture of compounds that more closely resemble clove oil. This is also true of Cigar by Remy Latour.
The rest of the base is a melange of powerful sweet spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg), much like a concentrated potpouree.
This is blindingly powerful, and IF I wear it I avoid spraying it on my chest, but rather arms and back of head.
I don't get the dried fruit at all. I had such high hopes for this, and am sadly disappointed.
I do not recommend buying this blind unless you are a big fan of faux tobacco scents. (I smoke cigars and a pipe, I know what real tobacco smells like)

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Well this seems to have undergone a definite reformulation. The newer version smells like they have toned down that wonderful dried cherry plum tabacco accord and cranked up the patchouli and spices. Woody spices are in vogue right now, and my guess is that this followed fashion. It is still a nice fragrance, but I became accustomed to that great dark fruity leather and tabacco. It was not everyone's cup of tea, but I for one adored the old formula. This new bottle seems to be more of spicy wood and patchouli that holds its own, and with time I may grow to love it. Maybe they took Luca Turin"s criticism to heart, as he didnt give the original muxh credit. Damn the critics, and damn those who allow their artistic integrity to be shaped by them. Yes, I understand this is a commercial venture, but darn it I loved that original smoky/fruity concoction. At least it still holds my interest.

Goktug
Goktug

not for everyone..it's quite strong and not for casual day.

Critic
Critic

Another one of the true 'strong' scents. While the smell is reminiscent of fermenting fruit with an liquor vibe, it manages to stay cool and sweet. Fresh, almost.

Unlike most sweet scents which turn warm and spicy, this remains cool and most importantly, it freaking lasts.

It also maintains it's strength and sillage for an awfully long time. Even 10 hours later it's still sitting stubbornly on the skin, refusing to go away.

Yes, it's a little odd. Sometimes sickly.

But it's gorgeous, masterful and unique. One of the best and a staple in my wardrobe.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Beautifully balanced, Michael Kors delivers a potent punch of masculinity beneath a sophisticated velvet glove. It pays homage to the heavily spiced colognes of bygone years and serves as a reminder that there is still a market for such releases, when done with a degree of modernism, sex appeal and sensible pricing. The fragrance opens with subtle boozy aromas (port, mulled wine or perhaps a heavily sherried single malt Whisky) and fruity notes (juicy plums, assorted dried fruits, raisins, etc...). These notes are kept in check by the dry tobacco accords and a gorgeously sharp array of peppery spice. The bottle itself is classic, simple, solid and elegant. Releasing this as his signature scent was a bold move by Michael Kors and one that deserves due praise. A modern treasure amongst designer fragrances. I am hoping to find a replacement bottle this year below the Christmas tree! Thumbs up ;-)

Deefit
Deefit

Wow, what an excellent blind buy this was! I have just sprayed it on a paper strip 2 minutes ago because I'm about to go to the gym, but I will get back to this. It smells very promising so far, and what is that familiar smell I'm getting?

banks1124

It's a 50 degree, sunny, fall Saturday. I've been wearing this all day. It projects appropriately and lasts forever on me. Around 8pm I decided to try a bottle of whiskey I hadn't seen before. Bowmore Islay 8 year single malt. Half way through my first glass there's something very familiar. Take the fir out of MK for men and it's dead on. Smokey, slightly sweet, rich like honey obviously boozy. Is this a review for whiskey or cologne? I'll be wearing the frag and sipping the drink quite a bit in the coming days.

Cheadle
Cheadle

Used it loved it!! 125ml great bottle very heavy, great value.

Let me assure you that when you perceive a cologne off your own skin or clothes, its completely different from when your movement releases the smell molecules towards others.

KEY: Others can smell it long after you nose has stopped picking it up. I envy those who can pick out individual notes and evaluate a cologne objectively from a strip or from skin.

Its easy to describe Michael for men as "stale" "urine-like" etc. because that's what's easiest to pick up at close quarters when the notes are still bundled. But when they loosen up after a while you apprecaite that this is a power scent, a modern classic. A collector's item.

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

I have always imagined this fragrance as a assorted basket of dry fruits (raisins, apricot, dates) served on a layer of suede mat along with a pack of fine cigars. One thing I have noticed while using this fragrance is to spray more than 2-3 sprays on your wrist to experience its complete character. I do not find this fragrance to be very sweet as incense and patchouli provides a very masculine direction to this fragrance.

This fragrance is mostly suited to a cold climate but I also wear this to office. Longevity is good and sillage is soft to moderate for me. Its a nice fragrance and can easily be one's signature. I'm happy to have this in my rotation.

MrClements
MrClements

Revisiting this for today after a few weeks and how I love it's smoothness.
Sure I have superior fragrances in similar veins but this is thoroughly satisfying today.
It's sweetness is pulled off with dark mellow undertones.
This one is a keeper for sure!

sampoerna
sampoerna

The best "mainstream" autumn fragrance there is. Boozy opening with dark grape (plum) notes, developing refined warm woods, tobacco and subtle spicy incense. Powdery drydown is a slight disappoinment however. Good try for those who are ready to grow up from the aquatic (Cool Water, AdG) and clubbing-style sweet/caramel genres (1 million, Pi).

ssyed1
ssyed1

I came across MK back when I was trying to find a more robust alternative to John Varvatos Original. I was new to the game and thought that MK smelled disgusting. A few days ago, I decided to revisit a couple of vintage scents and dug up this guy. Sprayed it on my arm and realized that this juice perfectly encapsulates that "old book" + tobacco scent - Imagine sitting in the heart of a mammoth library, smoking a fat cigar, while browsing through the oldest book there.

100% Debonair

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I was a little afraid Michael Kors for Men would be a bit too strong for my weather and common usage, mainly for work, not very fancy sort of social events, etc .... But I am very happy to find out MK suits me all the way. I won't feel 'overdressed' by it. It reminds a close relative to Hermes Rocabar, in fact I think of wear one or two spray of each for a more complex and unique performance, not that any one of them isn't unique enough, just because I think more fir resin would addmore nocturnal/wintery vibe. It is avery well balanced frag in which no note seems to stand out from the others but go along hand in hand forming an ultra masculine scent. This is not a shareable scent not even with the most avant garde women. Perfect for a man.

rprovenz
rprovenz

I wore it ..got many compliments..not one petson stated 8 smelled generic or synthetic...

Jwaks
Jwaks

Sweet white tobacco, hints of booze, dried fruits reminiscent of apples and apricots, hints of plum, cinnamon, star anise and blonde leather start things off. Sweetness fades a bit going into the mid notes and dry down where warm spices like cardamom, cinnamon and anise plus some patch begin to dominate. Tobacco darkens a bit, suede and sandalwood notes remain in check. Fit for a well dressed gentleman in a business environment and more appropriate for cooler weather.

Projection and sillage are quite good, longevity is average.

Score 6.5/10

scentury
scentury

I tried john varvatos artisan black and had this nagging sense that it smells similar to 1 scent I had.
Lo and behold, it's michael kors for men that I was actually trying to recall!
Matbe the similarity lies in the dried fruit smell. But MK smells stronger, with its tobacco and incense always in the background, and occasional whiffs of anise and sandalwood.
On my skin it lasts 5 - 6 hours. Definitely not your usual scent. My score: 4.25 out of 5.

Smyle12

42gr, it's John Varvatos Vintage you're referring to. I put it above, you are right. I mentioned Michael Kors in my review of Varatos Vintage, in fact. JVV is a much higher qulaity, nicer, fragrance. Although these two are very similar in scent JVV is smoother, more natural smelling, much classier, and more sophisticated (too much so for me, actually). Personally, I like MK better at 34, yet although I adore neither, it's apparent that JVV is the far superior fragrance. It's just WAY TOO SERIOUS for someone like me. Maybe when I'm 60 and "the most interesting man in the world" on don it. I picture the Dos Equis guy from the TV commercials wearing John Varatos Vintage as his signature scent. ;-) Classy stuff! Michael Kors, not so much. The cardamon in this Kors is overdone, and as cardamom in any amount, in any fragrance does, eventually makes my skin smell sour, hence the "urine" smell that was alluded to in a previous comment. I gave that man a thumbs up, although I still do "like" this scent.

7.5/10

AbBlue
AbBlue

I don't see honey listed, but I think it has some. It will be perfect for the time when fruitcake is ready to be served (or just some cognac). Michael has some surprises that stay close to skin that make it good for dating, it's something bitter and earthy. It has some lovely transitions too. I wonder if it will work on a rainy summer night.
***
No veo miel listada, pero creo que tiene un poco. Será perfecta para las fiestas de invierno y el pastel de frutas (o un poco de cognac). Michael guarda algunas sorpresas cerca de la piel, que lo hacen muy bueno para una cita, algo ligeramente amargo, de tierra. Tiene también algunas transiciones encantadoras. Me pregunto si servirá para una noche lluviosa de verano.

lgnakajo
lgnakajo

in the second moment, the parfum smells slightly like urine. that impression does not pass with its evolution. decent longevity.

42gr
42gr

Generic spicy barber shop cologne smell.
Designed by consensus

some sweetness
some suede / leather on mid notes

A marinated mish mash of notes.

moderate longevity
moderate sillage

If your after something along this line, suggest you try
Original John Varvatos for men
(Black bottle with plain black leather band and name)
or
YSL Opium Pour Homme

weevil
weevil

Notes following my use of a 2.5ml sample...
I don't know if it's my nose or my chemistry but this just doesn't settle down pleasantly on me. The initial impression has something A* about it (which I find a little too sweet for my taste). This soon settles down to a slightly powdery balmy suede on me. No smoke, no spice, no incense. The patchouli is distant and the tobacco just doesn't appear for me (maybe I'm used to English tobacco rather than American-style sweet tobacco? Pipe smokers will understand!). There is some dried fruit and plum but this also fritters itself away and I'm left a bit 'sweet/powdery'.

Maybe it's just me?! I'll try again, but I actually washed this off after about 6 hours; I don't remember the last time I did that.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this cologne on a whim and I am glad I did. I really do not like spicy scents, but this one is very soft and NOT overwhelming. It is perfect for cool days here in South Florida. It lasts a long time on me.

josevancouver
josevancouver

Why did I not try this fragrance out earlier? It's been out for years and for some odd reason I either ignored it and wanted to try something else.

I like this. A lot. Very deep tobacco scent mixed with dried fruits. Nice longevity, decent projection. This is an amazing smell. It's also very masculine. I'm in my 40's, well-dressed professional and this fragrance suits my style. Sexy vibe to it.

danielresendem
danielresendem

This is a underrated fragrance ! Comforting and delicious, the plum note is wonderful..

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it yesterday,it's really different tobacco scent and wonderful,i liked it.
i couldnt understand the longevity degree,4-5 hrs on my skin

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Fruity, spicy, tobacco.....the anise and patchouli actually compliment the tobacco and blends seamlessly with the fruity notes. Mature? Sure, but when was maturity frowned upon. It smells like gentleman...age 16-70. There is really no age range here. My only problem is I ignored this fragrace for years. It is a perfect signature scent for anything 70 degrees or cooler. I couldn't see myself wearing this in the heat it is potent. Think Japon Noir, think Frapin 1270, think Pure Malt, think Cooper Square. It is just a gorgeous fragrance. The sillage and projection makes it a perfect date, work, movie, dinner, professional scent. The aroma itself exudes class and sophistication yet the price (especially ebay and other places) makes this a steal.

Often times we run to niche fragrances due to the complexity and uniqueness and this is a fragrance that deserves to be mentioned. Really quick here.

Inital spray is a spicy sweetness, immediately the fruity notes come to the party then it becomes a bit darker but never does a dark note jump out. What you really have is a spicy, fruity, tobacco laden fragrance that sort of moves between semi-fresh to dark and mature. The longevity is great as I get about 6-8 hours. The projection is around the 4 hour mark then it comes in a bit but stays romantic through the duration. I think it is quite versatile and inoffensive. Again for me it is pure class as many tobacco fragrances tend to be on my skin.

Overall I give it high marks. The price pushes this mark up quite a bit. Full bottle worthy from the frist spray an instant love.

Crusher_
Crusher_

Smells like off fruit, calms a little once dried and becomes more refined but the damage is done for me. I could see how it would suit a very mature man. Im 26 so 45+ I would say

fonso92
fonso92

This is a great smelling fragrance, it smells expensive too though you can pick up a bottle of this stuff fairly inexpensive. Definitely a mature scent, Id say 20 and up. For the mature man, many people are not wearing this either! If you see a great deal, get it!

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

this opens with a fruity boozy vibe with the star anise,fir maybe a little cinnamon in the back.
Than this turn into in a warm pipe tabacco vibe, it's mature, elegant and warm well blended scent.
i love it almost as good as inside man by trussardi, but inside man is for me still not beaten

Muglerman
Muglerman

It took a few wearings for me to warm up to this one. I felt It was a bit to sweet and spicy at first. But the more I wore it the more I loved it. The sweet pipe tobacco and plumb/spice are very well done.

Michael Is trully a a gem that most won't try because of the very reasonable price point. Don't be fooled my friends. This is a high quality juce that will make you happy to smell so wonderful. I get good projection and longevity. It's not a monster and thats the way It should be with this beautiful fragrance.

It dosen't yell across from the room. Instead it Invites the ladies In for a closer smell. I promise they will not be disapointed. Well done Michael Kors.....well done Indeed.

Smyle12

This is a great fragrance, albeit one that took me a little bit to warm up to. There are no gimmicks or distractions here, just a very deep, rich, almost "chocolately" feeling tobacco accord due to the dark, earthy, patchouli which is used perfectly here, and the intriguing, and classy hints of dried fruit and plum that form the basis of this refined scent. Longevity is quite good. I get about eight hours from it. Projection is also perfect (about arms length) for a scent such as this and helps, in part, to lend Michael Kors for Men it's more formal, sophisticated feel.

This isn't an "exciting" fragrance by any means, and I don't recommend this one to most guys under 30, however, this isn't the prootypical "old man's" fragrance either. No, it's is a very classy, masculine, sexy, mature, sophisticated, scent. At first few sniffs it seemed a tad boring to me and a somewhat generic, and to be honest, I wasn't sure why so many people have been raving about this scent. But while it isn't groundbreaking or revolutionary, Michael Kors IS very well-made and will serve you superbly in the office or on other more formal and even intimate ocassions. If you buy MKM and you don't appreciate it at first, I strongly reccomend giving it some time (maybe even trying it out directly against some others fragrances you own) and as so often happens, you may come to appreciate it just as much as I do, and that's... quite a lot! :) Highly reccomended.

Overall: 7/10

Jamspan
Jamspan

I'm closing in on 40 and work in office setting and I'd been looking for a tobacco scent to add to my collection. I had rounded up a few: Pure Havane, Dirty English and this one.

I found MK to be a more polished, mature scent and also a better value than DE at a similar price point ($30 for a 4.2 oz tester). It had a smokier, stronger tobacco than PH for a much better price as well.

MK has now become my go to work scent because its not an overpowering tobacco scent. I get average projection on my skin but this leaves a nice sillage trail that gets compliments. The smoky tobacco note is reminiscent of Aventus to my nose which I like as well.

Long story short, I've sold DE and PH because MK is the superior tobacco office scent and better value IMO.

Cassiano
Cassiano

One of the most “rich” scents I have ever smelled in terms of olfactive pyramid and its result on the skin. I must say this comparing with those colognes I see with lots of ingredients in their composition, in which the result is completely linear and simple, to the point of ask myself: “what about those notes A, B and C that are here, in the pyramid?”

In Michael for Men this is different. It’s about one of those colognes that you can identify, perfectly, the existent notes and how they work.
On my skin the start is divinely spicy, with a wonderful and soft cinnamon, well blended to the star anise and beautiful notes of coriander and cardamom. The rest (bergamot, tarragon, etc.) I can’t feel with evidence. Its evolution has real notes of creamy tobacco, incense and, the comfortable part of this scent, with the suede. The base is hot and sweet at the same time. I feel sandalwood and plum. The notes of dried fruits are there, but I really don’t know the effect they cause.

The result: a sophisticated, elegant and masculine scent.
It is important to remember that this one was made for a division of Givenchy, what allows me to say with confidence: “now I understand the great quality”.

To finish my review, I am going to do something that I am not used to do, which is point the target of this cologne: I can’t imagine a 18-year-old OR a punk OR a tattooed hunk guy with his CK underwear and his tight t-shirts wearing this cologne and having the proper success. This cologne reminds me of professional environments, formal occasions and, above all thinks, men with posture and attitude of gentlemen.
Median projection with superb lasting. 10 stars!

imthesamyouknow
imthesamyouknow

I first tested this last week but was unimpressed possibly because right after spraying it I got caught in the rain. Regardless I found myself wanting to give it a second try so stopped by a store to do a second testing
Well made, one of the best designer fragrances. A creamier blend than I am used to with most designer fragrances. This is an extremely masculine scent that sets itself apart from the pack. It is very distinguished and conjures an image of a thick oil painting of dried fruit in a leather box. The initial dried fruit scent eases you into the almost burgundy leather it ends with. I say burgundy leather because this is definitely a classier leather like a book binding not like a raw hide or a motorcycle jacket.
Longevity is pretty good so far as I sprayed it about an hour and a half ago and it doesn't seem to have faded too much. Sillage seems moderate.
Overall I recommend to anyone looking for a distinguished leather scent. As for leather scents this is more Ernest Hemingway than Steve McQueen.

shamus1
shamus1

Dark, heavy and bold, this is a tobacco and patchouli lover's dream scent. You get a ton of black, charred cigar tobacco smell, on top of strong spicy notes like cinnamon and anise. There are some dried apricot smells in here too, to give it a sort of pipe tobacco vibe, but this tobacco is definitely of the dark cigar variety, like what you smell in Quorum.

The patchouli is also very strong, and it makes the whole fragrance extremely aromatic and dark. It blends perfectly with the tobacco.

Michael Kors deserves full credit for having the balls to release something this gutsy in 2001. This would have been huge in the 80s. It's like a powerhouse for the new millenium.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

sanicojo
sanicojo

Lo compre en Puerto Rico y es rico, tabaco suave, vainilla, pacholi, canela suave, y al final talco de barberia. Es clasico, estudien este perfume.

kentabatinga
kentabatinga

Ordered a sample and this is just a regular scent, not different at all, from what was launched in the 80's. The same 80's men line as boucheron, cristobal, gucci, etc. For me it smells like a tradtional barber shop. I am not purchasing a big bottle, even though it is very afordable. I can see myself just leaving this sample there in the corner and wear it once in a great while. If you want tobacco go for the cheap Cuba scents line up or a niche one like Costamor Tabacca (extremely good tobacco scent).

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

Not a fan of this male fragrance. It seems generic to me and doesn't create much interest. The thought that comes to mind is "boring business man."

banks1124

I've only tested this one day, but after 6 hours I think its great. The 80's powerhouse idea scared me but the list of notes seemed perfect. It starts like a Thierry Mugler fragrance. Its sweet and projects quite a bit from one spray. The smokey incense with the patchouli and fruit are really nice. There seems to be something missing right in the middle to me but I'll have to try it again to figure it out. There's a pleasant green that stays for a while before the end. It gets to the musky, 80's dad, dry down while being subtle (or at least closer to the skin). I think it will be great in the cold but I'll have to wait a few months to see.

MarFreire
MarFreire

I received a sample do Kors for man and i have cartier pasha. For me, Kors é very similar the Cartier Pasha..

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

Very nice smoky and sweet tobacco scent. A quite masculine, classic and well balanced perfume that evokes me Christmas time, maybe because of the dried fruits.

I find It`s a sweet, spicy and elegant perfume, but on my skin there's no projection, no sillage and longevity is very bad.

Nice scent but so soft you can only smell it if you stick your nose to your skin. I won't buy it.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

smooth & elegant boozy fruits with dry tobacco mingling with smokey woods and spices. Makes me want to get all dressed up classy and masculine; with button down, vintage blazer, fedora & oxfords.. cigar & hennessey in hand..

Linden
Linden

Warm, sexy, deep and rich. MK is a very elegant patchouli oriented scent. Beautifully executed; smoky, woody, balanced and not overbearing. The subtle sweetness of the fruit and the tobacco add a lot interest to the composition. Vintage (a la Boss #1, but better), as it was intended I believe, not outdated.

Peegore
Peegore

Smooth. That sums up Michael Kors for men to me in just one word.

The variety of top notes surprises me. I only, slightly, get a hint of anise before being hurtled immediately into the heart note of the best sweet tobacco aroma in a fragrance I have experienced yet.

Yes, later the plummy/incense/patchouli background stealthily eases its way in, but for the life of this fragrance, its all about the tobacco.

Not quite the projection and sillage monster some would have you believe, this fragrance has solid longevity. I adore its ultra-smooth warmth and really do rate this fragrance very, very highly. The likes of Burberry London don't even come close.

Oh, if you buy the 125ml bottle do take care... drop that hefty sucker on your foot and you'll know about it. Well I certainly did anyway...(ouch)

elvisphil
elvisphil

very similar to azzaro elixir...more so when it comes to the dried fruits note...

dmoman
dmoman

Very good fragrance, love tobacco scent. At first I thought this would be simular to Dirty English but the tobacco obviously doesn't...thinking perhaps some boozy smell (probably by the fruity notes) but totally dominated by the tobacco. My girl told me that I smell like a MAN...so I'm assuming that is a compliment. Not very strong projection close to the skin and silage isn't that great but the longevity was around 6 hours on me then the only way you smell it was by smashing your nose into your own arm just to take a whiff. I say it's well done though not a masterpeice by any stretch.

LANIER
LANIER

Michael by Michael Kors is a rich elegant and utterly sophisticated scent for any gentleman of discerning style and taste. Hitting notes of leather, tobacco, and plum it has the feel of tony aristocratic mahogany paneled New York men's clubs, or a brisk walk to the boathouse in Central Park in the golden glow of a late afternoon in autumn. Certainly not for everyone, least of all a kid, this is strictly for a man who knows just who he is and where he is going.
Five Gold Stars *****

ericrico
ericrico

Very good fragrance from a top designer. I didn't expect the richness, but this is made (as a division) by Givenchy. I can see where the quality and notes come from. Definitely a spicy composition that borderlines on being a "near-gourmand scent" that packs a punch - and I mean that in a positive sense. If you want to be noticed - then this is a fragrance that stands out, in a good way. Some people have said it is a throwback to the 80's powerhouse boozy scents with tobacco, patchouli, vanilla, leather, etc. - I can see why. Most people will expect something that smells cheaper than this does...although there are some noticeable synthetic aspects, it is still a fabulous fragrance for the price. It is a very cozy and comfortable scent meant for intimacy. If you are a "man", not a boy trying to smell good on a high-school date, wear it. Leave this stuff to the late-20's and up crowd and enjoy a nice cigar while this scent is on you. This is a rich skin scent, although it projects well from clothing (so a mix would be advised to get more longevity and sillage). So, it is a closer-in scent as many describe - I also recommend using the great After Shave Splash Lotion or Balm (which is excellent too) with it to increase the potency. This has been around an entire decade and, although I sampled it before, I always went for something else (not sure why). It is less rich than other scents I have - namely, Gucci Pour Homme I (2003) and more sweet than Dirty English, actually a very nice balance between tobacco, patchouli, incense and the boozy plum & dried fruit (excellent harmony).

I see the comparisons with the dried fruit to John Varvatos - but this is more Varvatos Vintage for me. The tobacco is stronger along with the more notable leather. I have all the John Varvatos bottlings (including Artisan and Artisan Black)...love the entire line - and this has some of the better qualities of tobacco, leather, incense, and dried fruits plus patchouli and sandalwood. This is a truly great bottle of juice for a very reasonable price point. Only drawback is that you don't get a very long time with it...as most reviews say, about 4-5 hours or so. But, I have to say that sometimes it is better to have a very good scent last for a shorter period of time than a mediocre scent last a long time (which is often the case). That, ironically, is my only issue with John Varvatos - great quality, excellent composition and exquisite chic-ness that lasts about 4 hours as well. After that, you can either reapply or move on to a flanker, which I often do (separates day into night)...or even bring in a new scent with similar aromatics and let it fly. After all, you are left with a very sweet and expressive drydown that is a nice memory - no reason to feel cheated. Michael Kors was the forerunner of where John Varvatos went and it still stands out after a decade. Very Good! Scent - 8.5+/10; Longevity and Sillage - 7.5/10; Overall - 8+/10 for sheer enjoyment! Just like good sex, it doesn't last forever, but when it's good - it's damn good and you think of it often afterward...wanting more. ;-)

Absolutely brilliant for winter holiday parties and cozy, cold nights...

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

The 1st time I tried Michael for Men, I thought, "disgusssting! Who would wear this nasty stuff? Smells like ****!" Half an hour later, it smelled even worse (if that were possible). Thoroughly displeased, I washed several times to remove all traces of the offending odor. Some weeks later I sampled it again, just to show someone how vile it was. To my surprise, they liked it- a lot. I gingerly sniffed my wrist again, and, what's that? That smells great! Note, it HAD dried down over an hour before I smelled it this time. What a difference! Fairly strong sillage, and I can easily detect it the next day. I've grown to really appreciate this scent. I just need to make sure I apply it well before I leave home to let it air out a bit. Anyone else have a similar experience with this one?

PS I detect similarities between this and Cartier's Pasha; several notes in common from top through mid to base, with more of a dried fruit,tobacco and boozey notes added. The nod goes to Michael over Pasha, though. See my review of Pasha.

Redpula
Redpula

I went to an independent perfume store and I saw a last 100ml bottle. I asked the saleslady if I can have it test on my skin and she obliged. She sprayed on my wrist pulse and man it smells wonderful. But then I realized that the scent is familiar, it is the same top notes scent I smelled from my Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men but without the dry/dark chocolate note. The saleslady agreed with me since I bought my Very Irresistible from her a week ago. The resemblance remain until its heart but changes slowly by the dry down. Although she's selling it to me at a sale price of $38, I simply let go of it since the fragrance in my skin resembled with Givenchy Very Irrestible for men.
I just found out that Givenchy house made this for designer Michael Kors in 2001, that figures. It is refined, sensual and distinguished. Longevity is 7hours and close to my skin. Sillage in an hour is great. So this is like an older brother of Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men, 2005. Both are fall and winter wearing perfumes. I would have both it if it is a summer fragrance and more unique scent. but who knows, at $38 for 100ml., I might be tempted to buy it , maybe to layer it with Givenchy V.I. and see how it goes.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Sweet & Tobacco-ey!

I really like this and it lasts a good while and does project, at least for me it did!

I read someone down below mention that it is peppery, I don't think so, if you want this with a peppery note then go with McGraw's Southern Blend.

Most definitely for fall & winter!

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I sliped at a chance of buyin an edp of this, dont know if U guys new there was one, anyway the biddin time just sliped my mind and it went on ebay for 18€, from what I read on the reviews here it would be my thing. It was gonna be a blind buy, although an edp not this, which I havent seen anyone talk about yet, has anyone tested it to give me a heads up? I probably should kick maself in the ass for forgettin... lol well, I´ll get U..
PS.does it have any similarities with Baldesarinni Ambre?

Heverton
Heverton

Spicy and boozy acting at the same time. Mix this with dried fruits and we have the opening in Michael Kors for men.

Through time the tobacco kicks in leaving a very good impression in the drydown. At the base we then finally have somehow an ambery smell ending this scent.

ludwigchenier
ludwigchenier

It's the booziest frag I own, presenting a very strong note of whiskey / brandy that lasts almost the whole time, unlike Pure Malt, that opens with whiskey but then softens to malt note. Especially in the beginning, it has a little pronounced citrus note, that gives only some personality.

It has a very pronounced and tanned tobacco, a very good one, which gains strength after a few minutes and even more at the dry down. It is also very sweet, with a note of dried raisin and plum which also gains strength over the scent, but it is not very fruity, with some woods that give a more mature and elegant bias, and other spices that also offer some depth. Great fix and projection.

Unlike PM, Michael for men is transparent, but also more complex. As I enjoy incense note, I feel this note here, but almost nobody notices this one. I get many compliments with it, every time I use it. This isn’t a young scent itself, but it is neither an old school one, if you enjoy Egoiste, the M7, The Dreamer and Pure Malt you probably will enjoy this frag.

Grottola
Grottola

Michael Kors for Men is probably the most comfortable masculine out there. What I mean is, it has coziness and warmth - it just doesn't work at the gym or clubbing. It's like relaxing by the fire on a cold winter night. It's like your favorite blanket. A warm, rich, honeyed tobacco smell with fruits (sort of a cherry aroma) and a little bit of leather create a fragrance to represent relaxation and comfort. It might work on a cold winter day if you're moving around, but otherwise Michael Kors for Men is a fragrance for relaxing at home or somewhere with family, like Thanksgiving dinner. And really, there's nothing wrong with that. It's warm and inviting and lasts a while. The drydown is spectacular, and makes me think of Christmas or something.

Now, one more thing - there's a suede-like note in there that, uncannily, reminds me of the fruited suede of Donna Karan's great DK Men (also called Fuel). DK Men is my favorite leather scent, and I can't help but feel somewhat reminded in Michael Kors for Men. I wouldn't say Michael Kors for Men is a suitable alternative to DK Fuel (nothing is), but it's almost as if the rebellious biker in DK Fuel came home, took off his leather, and relaxed in his robe with a pipe.

I'll be rocking this stuff when winter rolls around.

andy
andy

it has the elegant feel of gucci and is VERY masculine and alluring and i strongly reccomend scents like this if you want to perfect your collection

jtis30
jtis30

This has been one of my favorite scents for 5+ years now. It was gifted. To me this has a mellowed dry(not juicy)orange essence(dried fruits?) made classy and mellow with tobacco, incense, etc. Natural & luxurious. It doesn't last very well if you go out in the sun. For evening wear it still lingers through the next morning on my skin albeit with diminished potency. LOVE it.

Luforge
Luforge

Sweet,fruity with woody spice. I find this fragrance ideal to wear out mostly in the evenings. the longetivty does hold on this one about 4 to 6 hours..If your a romantic at heart this scent would be surfice!

Neto
Neto

Strong, sweet, not so good at first.
As Jave26 said: "the magic of this fragrance is in the drydown" - totally agreed!

Longevity is pretty good, however it stays quite close to the skin after 20 minutes approximately.

I've been wearing it for 2 days in a row.. it is sort of addictive - plus, not that it is something I have already smelled sometime in the past but it reminds me a specific year of my life - so it is very comfy for me. *******
Update: okay... this one is my favorite! It´s Terrific !!

Papi
Papi

Very ODD fragrance... I somehow disliked it but on the other hand it keeps me attracted to it.

For me great mix, Tobacco+Plum+Incense

SilverFire
SilverFire

In a single word -- class. From the bottle itself (even the mini-EDT, which is what I'm sampling) to the scent before it hits your skin, to the scent on the skin, Michael Kors for men is class from start to finish. I don't know the individual notes, but I think it'd be difficult to detect them anyways, because this scent is not olfactorily striated. Everything comes together in a well-rounded, creamy, gentlemanly kind of scent. Yet, it's not the typical gentleman's scent in the sense of being old-fashioned, musky, or relying upon the tobacco/vanilla accord. It's more like something that is mannerly, self-assured, and knowing that it doesn't have to put on obnoxious displays, radiates its true strength. Women appreciate this scent as well. The only downside is longevity (four hours). I really enjoy this scent, so much so that I've reapplied and achieved a nice silage with it, but I'm also not comfortable with having to reapply.

GreekJohn
GreekJohn

This is "Hugo Boss Boss Bottled" with tobacco & smoke added.

Thus, it is more gentlemanly than Boss Bottled but why not go with a truly gentlemanly fragrance?

Ouch!
Ouch!

The first word that springs to mind when I smell this is GENTLEMANLY. This is for a reined gentleman. I don't like to stereotype often but I just find myself needing todo it with this one because that's the image it brings to mind. A dapper man in a suit...smoking a cigar. :)

This scent is the opitomy of masculinity, refined...classic..feels like a vintage scent.

These points aren't necessarily good though because, while this scent is all of those things, it's also quite boring. I mean...it doesn't break boundaries or get the prize for being different, bt it definitley will suit a certain type of bloke. I have smelled many things like this before.

The smell itself is filled with spicy tobacco and a citrussy element, it screams I AM MAN...HEAR ME ROAR!! LOL. It's got a good strength.

Not for me I'm afraid. :(

spirit966
spirit966

I really liked the strong masculine opening and mid notes of this fragrance. The dry yet boozy accords really makes this a man's cologne.

But there were 2 things that really put me off and resulted in my giving this away:
1) Projection gets really weak after around 2-3 hours (yes, its very strong upon spraying for around 30 minutes) and scent lasts around 6 hours, which is a bit lacking for the winter (summer projection/longevity is less of an issue)
2) The warm amber really smells synthetic to me, or perhaps I think it is not blended well enough.

Like Burberry London, I had to give this away which was quite unfortunate.

MRare
MRare

Under 25 should stay away from this one. It is VERY loud and spicy. It is a very aged fragrance, in a good way, but for someone at my age really not a viable option.

Maybe when I'm 30...

safetyjon
safetyjon

Michael for Men is my favorite tobacco dominant fragrance. I love the phase of the fragrance where the tobacco and suede transitions to patchouli, plum/fruits (while always maintaining the dominant tobacco note). The fragrance is very 80ish, as far as presence and sillage is concerned. Longevity is about 6-8 hours on me, but it can still be detected for up to 12 hours.

Of all the fragrances I own, Michael for Men makes me feel the "richest". "Rich" in like "I've got money-to-burn rich" (even though I don't). It's difficult to explain. I have other fragrances that are more elegant, or that are more formal. But Michael for Men makes me feel "richer" than any other fragrance that I've tried. Very masculine...very rich...and I've been told, very sexy...

Lotofire
Lotofire

Im so mad...this is a great smelling fragrance but it doesnt last at all, a shame because is not cheap...i wont give it away but ill wait till summer cause doesnt last!!! im pissed!!!

I don't find M7 or Antaeus to be more complex than Michael for Men, but rather simpler, unlike another reviewer. However, I do understand the notion that it has a "synthetic" quality. Sometimes I feel this way but other times I don't. I think it is due to a powerful, "modern" musk, which you won't find in the "power" fragrances of the 1980s. Obviously, the quality of ingredients is not likely to be on the level of vintage Antaeus. In any case, if you like the idea of a dried fruit/tobacco/patchouli/incense fragrance, you should try this one. If that doesn't sound good to you, then just avoid it. It settles down nicely, unlike Bogart Pour Homme, which is similar but I find it to be terribly unbalanced and too simple. Once it settles down, projection ("sillage") may or may not satisfy you. I think this occurs when the strong musk has mostly dissipated. If you can still smell it at that point, longevity should be very good for you. I wore this quite often a couple years ago but now I find myself drawn to fragrances like Black Walnut, because it doesn't have the strong musk that sometimes feels too "synthetic" to me.

crestfallen
crestfallen

I disagree that this is only for older men. If you are a young guy like me(21yrs)but can appreciate the finer vintage things in life like old cigars,leather,aged whiskey, and have a rough edge about you, then you can pull this off. So while all of the other guys are walking around smelling like lemons and oranges, I hold my head high and wear Michael Kors. American manly-ness in a bottle

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This is such a greAt fragrance, it's very strong, lasts ages, it totally dominates the room. Recommended for middle ages men who like them strong.

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

This is one of my favourite fragrances. Very elegant and refined. Thick, boozy, rich, dense, and powerful. Spice, wood, tobacco, and fruit. Can it be better? NO! This is the oposite of sporty/fresh/clean. It`s for gentlemen with fastidious taste. Great for grey weather and winter-time. Quite formal fragrance with superb sillage and staying power. Can easily detect the scent on my skin 24 hours later. I highly recommend this stuff. One of the best!

PieRat
PieRat

I found a 4.2 oz. bottle of this at a local department store on the clearance shelf for under 20 dollars. I tried to get the tester bottle too, as it was being phased out at the store.

This has for the present become my signature fragrance. I cannot tell for sure what it is that grabs ahold of me so about this scent, but there is just something about it.

I own a couple Michael Kors shirts and his clothing is very well made and even when the designs are simple they are still quite elegant. The same is true with this fragrance. When I first saw this and sniffed it I thought nice but I have other stuff like this and walked away. After reading bamacharm's review I thought I owed it another smell, and when I tried it on my skin...o la la!!

When you first spray this it is heavy, rich and quite manly. It smells like it has a rich rum or cognac note. The spiciness of cardamom, anise, caraway and corriander should be quite intense but it is actually quite smooth, rounded by the herbal tarragon and fir resin. I can't detect the bergamot per se but I'm sure its helping to smooth this heady mix in the opening. On first try these notes are all I smelled and never got to experience the tobacco and incense notes:earthy and exotic,without the smokiness. This scent is (at the risk of sounding sexist)for men only. This is the "cigar and brandy after dinner in the library" type of mens scent, not the actual stale smoke filled room, of course but that all-man ultra masculine type of vibe is echoed here very well I might add. The base in this could have gone another way entirely and had aged woods, leather, etc.,but MK does something very interesting and puts black plum and dried fruit in there, heavenly,sweet and unique. The wood is there as sandalwood is wrapped in a nice patchouli note but the fruitiness offsets the spices and the rich incense and tobacco perfectly. Sexy, daring,elegant and rich this scent has a prescence that is strong yet subdued.It speaks softly but it means every word, surrounds you sweetly but is not cloying and despite the slight fruitiness is never sisssified; a rare quality in colognes and men...

Sillage: great
Longevity: quite good
Overall: 4.5/5

This is the only mens fragrance MK ever released and it is a treasure. The bottle itself is a work of art and for being released in 2001 this fragrance is exceptional and nothing like its contemporaries. An homage to the smoky woody spicy scents of the 70s & 80s yet modern enough for the new millenium...

JeffB003
JeffB003

I love this stuff, and I do wear it every day to work. I bought it the first time on a discount shelf, a 4.2oz bottle for $20. They didn't know what they had.

lovescully
lovescully

Incredibly warm, sensual, boozy, sweet & slightly smokey fragrance.

It's a bit scary at first, but within about 10 minutes it settles into a very comfortable boozy tobacco that envelops you all over.

Later on, the dried fruit & plum notes really make this stand out from other similar type tobacco/incense scents such as Gucci Pour Homme 1 & D&G's The One for Men (both of which I love by the way). To me it just smells classy & distinguished.

Although I love it, I don't think it's an 'everyday use' kind of fragrance, like to the office; more for going to the pub with friends or dinner with someone special. Of course I will also wear it for myself, as when I'm wearing it I can't seem to stop smelling myself.

It's winter now here in Australia and I have a feeling that this one's going to get a real workout in my wardrobe this season!

ravjan
ravjan

Micheal smells pure opulence! Just look at the ingredience list! It's rich, multi-faceted, expensive and luxurious. It's got everything I love - incense, tabacco, patchuli, sandalwood, plums.
It works perfectly on a wintry day or worn on a special evening out.
Micheal is an olfactory deluxe cognac!

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

worked for this brand. got this one for my husband. he would only wear it when...he had courage. It is definitely not for faint hearted. Its 'strong' as in 'loud'

4xxx4

my another one review to this one... i f..g loooooooove this!!! why? b cause it s extraordinary, bastardly original cologne, that is definitely only for men, that have balls, not for young acqua di gio kids!!! sorry, but to really appreciate MK you must grow up,,,hm,,,tobacco, plum and suede,,it s practically these only 3 ingedients, that creates this wonderful masterpiece.only complain to this-dont ever use more than 2spritz, it kills your olfactories and everyone s too in your range :D

BIG
BIG

this is such a badass frag. i can clearly detect a leather note. wear it only for seduction purposes.

junior halston
junior halston

crap! that what this is you are lucky if you can get it last it just too subtle for its own good -

I think it is discontinued which is a good thing

Jave26
Jave26

I really like this Fragrance, I like to wear this on special occasions when I'm well dressed and around ladies they seem to go crazy over this. It's very masculine and not for everyone for the mature man with guts. Don't judge this on its top notes I think the magic of this fragrance is in the drydown.

4xxx4

ok... that s it...this is such a f...g great fragrance!!! for the first sniff, i hated it.. yes,,,it reminds me a rubber,,, but,,, there is one thing , and that thing is, that you can t sniff it close to skin, but just let yourself sniff it , when someone walks around you with this scent,... and that is the point... then you recognize what michael for men really is..it is great by the way, but i said that already..

guynspfld
guynspfld

I bought this when it came out and used it a few times and have not worn it until last night. I was in love at first sniff. Unlike so many mens fragrances it didnt start with a truly citrus opening. Spicy from the get go. I love anything it incense and this has a great incense aroma. The tobacco is refreshing and lasts a long time. Patchouli, sandalwood, and a nice sweet smell settle in for the duration with a hint of the tobacco remaining. VERY MANLY, but not over powering. I am glad I rediscovered it!!!

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

this is such an original scent. it's unique, i mean you can recognize it easily. I like it very much, but this scent is a risky option.

BethAshley
BethAshley

Today I convinced my bf to try this one out on the way home from vacation (yay duty free!).

When I took a quick initial whiff from the bottle the first thing to stand out was the Cedar but this was the only time that it took the forefront.
Once sprayed the cologne becomes very smokey, the tobacco was the major stand out for me at this point. I found it very unpleasant and overpowering.

After we waited a few minutes longer it became what I think the fragrance set out to be. Very masculine, bold and warm. I think that it would most certainly fit the man that F_A described.

Overall I liked it and found it to be a very lush, sexy scent. I think that if you are looking for an evening/winter scent this one would be worth a shot.

F_A
F_A

Whenever I smell it, i see a man sitting on the leather armchair in the twilight of candles, drinking good old cognac and smoking a good cigar, that's how Michael smells for my nose. One of my favourites men fragrances ever!

moreda
moreda

Dear Greco.... first of all.... it is nice how we react now :)

Than this,,,, i am uesed to Antheus, Egoiste, Aramis, Yatagan. So it is not that i dont like heavy parfumes or heavy concentraited. it is just the scent it self. As i said befor there is a synthetic thing about it. it starts with the dry fruits and honey/ lethery sharpness that doesn;t work on me...still i should be abble to smell the scent it self and how it is made. The base notes r really poor... not like the comlexity of antheus of even M7.

To me it is not important whay it is made! or to know what concept was there to react on.... most important is the scent it self.

But.. i do like how u defend it! a true lover of a scent. ;)

Michael for Men by Michael Kors 3.98 out of 5 based on 460 ratings and 106 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Michael for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Michael Kors Michael for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Michael for Men by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Michael for Men by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.